Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on base sequence in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
Locale: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
Topic: base sequence
- Voth D, Martinez O, Ballard J. Variations in lethal toxin and cholesterol-dependent cytolysin production correspond to differences in cytotoxicity among strains of Clostridium sordellii. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 2006;259:295-302 pubmed..However, supernatant from TcsL+, SDL- strains demonstrated a lower LD50 relative to TcsL-, SDL+ strains, suggesting the potential for severe C. sordellii-associated disease may be determined by the particular strain colonizing the host...
- Myers D, Trinh J, Myers T. Structure and function of the ovine type 1 corticotropin releasing factor receptor (CRF1) and a carboxyl-terminal variant. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 1998;144:21-35 pubmed..abstract truncated) ..
- Nadon N, Miller S, Draeger K, Salvaggio M. Myelin proteolipid DM20: evidence for function independent of myelination. Int J Dev Neurosci. 1997;15:285-93 pubmed..We propose a function for DM20 to explain these diverse findings based on the ability of DM20 to form multimeric complexes, and hypothesize that the DM20 complex participates in intracellular molecular transport. ..
- Resta R, Hooker S, Hansen K, Laurent A, Park J, Blackburn M, et al. Murine ecto-5'-nucleotidase (CD73): cDNA cloning and tissue distribution. Gene. 1993;133:171-7 pubmed..Messenger RNA levels were in general proportional to enzyme activity, except in the lung and glandular stomach where mRNA levels were higher than expected, based on enzyme activity.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS) ..
- Mertens N, Galvin J, Adderson E, Cunningham M. Molecular analysis of cross-reactive anti-myosin/anti-streptococcal mouse monoclonal antibodies. Mol Immunol. 2000;37:901-13 pubmed
- Shankar N, Baghdayan A, Gilmore M. Modulation of virulence within a pathogenicity island in vancomycin-resistant Enterococcus faecalis. Nature. 2002;417:746-50 pubmed
- Ge Q, Trieu E, Targoff I. Primary structure and functional expression of human Glycyl-tRNA synthetase, an autoantigen in myositis. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:28790-7 pubmed..Expression of the cDNA in Escherichia coli yielded a protein of expected size that reacted with the autoantibodies and was active as glycyl-tRNA synthetase. ..
- Gu J, Crawley J, Ferrell G, Zhang F, Li W, Esmon N, et al. Disruption of the endothelial cell protein C receptor gene in mice causes placental thrombosis and early embryonic lethality. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:43335-43 pubmed..We conclude that EPCR is essential for normal embryonic development. Moreover, EPCR plays a key role in preventing thrombosis at the maternal-embryonic interface. ..
- Wiechmann A, Howard E. Functional analysis of the human recoverin gene promoter. Curr Eye Res. 2003;26:25-32 pubmed..This analysis suggests that there are cis-acting elements in the 5' non-coding region of the recoverin gene that are involved in the activation and suppression of gene expression. ..
- Rother R, Frank M, Thomas P. Purification, primary structure, bacterial expression and subcellular distribution of an oocyte-specific protein in Xenopus. Eur J Biochem. 1992;206:673-83 pubmed..P100 irreversibly bound single-stranded-DNA--cellulose but not double-stranded-DNA--cellulose. These data demonstrate the presence of a novel oocyte-specific protein in Xenopus. ..
- Rajaiya J, Nixon J, Ayers N, Desgranges Z, Roy A, Webb C. Induction of immunoglobulin heavy-chain transcription through the transcription factor Bright requires TFII-I. Mol Cell Biol. 2006;26:4758-68 pubmed..These data suggest that Bright functions as a three-component protein complex in the immunoglobulin locus and tie together previous data indicating important roles for Btk and TFII-I in B lymphocytes. ..
- Ge Q, Frank M, O BRIEN C, Targoff I. Cloning of a complementary DNA coding for the 100-kD antigenic protein of the PM-Scl autoantigen. J Clin Invest. 1992;90:559-70 pubmed..A mixed-charge cluster was identified, with 22 charged amino acids of 37. In conclusion, the full-length cDNA sequence was determined coding for the PM-Scl 100-kD protein, the most commonly antigenic protein of the PM-Scl complex. ..
- Yonezawa S, Takahashi T, Wang X, Wong R, Hartsuck J, Tang J. Structures at the proteolytic processing region of cathepsin D. J Biol Chem. 1988;263:16504-11 pubmed..These observations support the view that the processing region of cathepsin D may function to stabilize the conformation of procathepsin D and may play a role in its activation. ..
- Wang S, Avery J, Hannafon B, Lind S, Ding W. Zinc protoporphyrin suppresses cancer cell viability through a heme oxygenase-1-independent mechanism: the involvement of the Wnt/?-catenin signaling pathway. Biochem Pharmacol. 2013;85:1611-8 pubmed publisher..Thus, ZnPP-induced cytotoxicity is independent of HO-1 expression in cancer cells and the Wnt/?-catenin pathway is potentially involved in ZnPP's anticancer activity. ..
- Koelsch K, Zheng N, Zhang Q, Duty A, Helms C, Mathias M, et al. Mature B cells class switched to IgD are autoreactive in healthy individuals. J Clin Invest. 2007;117:1558-65 pubmed..Determination of the mechanism by which the majority of C delta-CS B cells are autoreactive may be important in understanding peripheral tolerance mechanisms and may provide insight into the enigmatic function of the IgD antibody. ..
- Sutton B, Allen R, Zhao Z, Dunn S. Detection of the JAK2V617F mutation by asymmetric PCR and melt curve analysis. Cancer Biomark. 2007;3:315-24 pubmed..We present a robust, sensitive PCR/melt curve assay for the JAK2(V617F) mutation which uses the widely available Roche LightCycler platform, and is thus applicable to many clinical molecular laboratories. ..
- Palmer J, Hatter K, Sokatch J. Cloning and sequence analysis of the LPD-glc structural gene of Pseudomonas putida. J Bacteriol. 1991;173:3109-16 pubmed..This result indicates that lpdG can be expressed separately from the other genes of the operon. ..
- Matsumoto H, Yamada T. Phosrestins I and II: arrestin homologs which undergo differential light-induced phosphorylation in the Drosophila photoreceptor in vivo. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1991;177:1306-12 pubmed..These results indicate that phosrestins I and II probably occupy different functional roles in the Drosophila photoreceptor. ..
- Coburn P, Baghdayan A, Dolan G, Shankar N. An AraC-type transcriptional regulator encoded on the Enterococcus faecalis pathogenicity island contributes to pathogenesis and intracellular macrophage survival. Infect Immun. 2008;76:5668-76 pubmed publisher..These findings highlight the importance of PerA as a regulator of biofilm formation and survival within macrophages and is likely a regulator controlling determinants important to pathogenesis. ..
- Hoffhines A, Jen C, Leary J, Moore K. Tyrosylprotein sulfotransferase-2 expression is required for sulfation of RNase 9 and Mfge8 in vivo. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:3096-105 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that lack of sulfation of one or both of these proteins may contribute mechanistically to the infertility of Tpst2(-/-) males. ..
- Dudley D, Wang H, Sun X. Hes1 potentiates T cell lymphomagenesis by up-regulating a subset of notch target genes. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e6678 pubmed publisher..We have demonstrated for the first time that Hes1 potentiates T cell lymphomagenesis, by up-regulating a subset of Notch target genes and by causing an accumulation of ISP thymocytes particularly vulnerable to oncogenic transformation. ..
- Lewis L, Rohde K, Gipson M, Behrens B, Gray E, Toth S, et al. Identification and molecular analysis of lbpBA, which encodes the two-component meningococcal lactoferrin receptor. Infect Immun. 1998;66:3017-23 pubmed..Primer extension and reverse transcription-PCR analysis indicate that lbpB and lbpA are cotranscribed on a polycistronic Fe-repressible mRNA. ..
- Adrianto I, Wen F, Templeton A, Wiley G, King J, Lessard C, et al. Association of a functional variant downstream of TNFAIP3 with systemic lupus erythematosus. Nat Genet. 2011;43:253-8 pubmed publisher..These results establish this TT>A variant as the most likely functional polymorphism responsible for the association between TNFAIP3 and SLE. ..
- Landrian I, McFarland K, Liu J, Mulligan C, Rasmussen A, Ashizawa T. Inheritance patterns of ATCCT repeat interruptions in spinocerebellar ataxia type 10 (SCA10) expansions. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0175958 pubmed publisher..In addition, analysis of the interruption alleles across these families support a parsimonious single origin of the mutation with a shared distant ancestor. ..
- Gu J, Fukudome K, Esmon C. Characterization and regulation of the 5'-flanking region of the murine endothelial protein C receptor gene. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:12481-8 pubmed..Transgenic mice were developed expressing green fluorescent protein driven by the -350 to -1 or -1080 to -1 promoter. Thrombin up-regulated mEPCR and the transgene in vivo. ..
- Kaufman K, Farris A, Gross J, Kirby M, Harley J. Characterization and genomic sequence of the murine 60 kD Ro gene. Genes Immun. 2000;1:265-70 pubmed..Therefore, the isolation and characterization of the 60 kD Ro gene will be instrumental for future studies on protein function and the role this protein plays in the development of autoimmune responses. ..
- Kolar G, Yokota T, Rossi M, Nath S, Capra J. Human fetal, cord blood, and adult lymphocyte progenitors have similar potential for generating B cells with a diverse immunoglobulin repertoire. Blood. 2004;104:2981-7 pubmed..From the standpoint of the Ig repertoire, an immune system reconstituted from fetal or neonatal stem cells would likely be as diverse as one generated from adult bone marrow. ..
- Nixon J, Rajaiya J, Webb C. Mutations in the DNA-binding domain of the transcription factor Bright act as dominant negative proteins and interfere with immunoglobulin transactivation. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:52465-72 pubmed..These data identify regions within Bright that are required for the DNA binding activity of Bright and for its function as a transcription factor. ..
- Baba T, Downs D, Jackson K, Tang J, Wang C. Structure of human milk bile salt activated lipase. Biochemistry. 1991;30:500-10 pubmed..The cyanogen bromide cleavage and the partial sequencing of CNBr peptides also confirmed the location of methionines in the polypeptide chain as well as the deduced cDNA sequence of BAL. ..
- Madhusudhan K, Huang G, Burns G, Sokatch J. Transcriptional analysis of the promoter region of the Pseudomonas putida branched-chain keto acid dehydrogenase operon. J Bacteriol. 1990;172:5655-63 pubmed..putida JS113, a mutant which was unable to produce the E1 subunits of the branched-chain keto acid dehydrogenase. In this case, very high inducible expression of the bkd operon was obtained. ..
- Aso T, Lane W, Conaway J, Conaway R. Elongin (SIII): a multisubunit regulator of elongation by RNA polymerase II. Science. 1995;269:1439-43 pubmed
- Tsugu H, Horowitz R, Gibson N, Frank M. The location of a disease-associated polymorphism and genomic structure of the human 52-kDa Ro/SSA locus (SSA1). Genomics. 1994;24:541-8 pubmed..Although this RFLP is present in Japanese, it is not associated with lupus in this race. ..
- Ajdic D, Sutcliffe I, Russell R, Ferretti J. Organization and nucleotide sequence of the Streptococcus mutans galactose operon. Gene. 1996;180:137-44 pubmed..Evidence is presented that galactose transport is independent of the proton motive force and may be ATP-dependent. ..
- Garrett K, Serizawa H, Hanley J, Bradsher J, Tsuboi A, Arai N, et al. The carboxyl terminus of RAP30 is similar in sequence to region 4 of bacterial sigma factors and is required for function. J Biol Chem. 1992;267:23942-9 pubmed..2, is able to assemble with the beta (RAP74) subunit to form a mutant beta gamma (RAP30/74) with impaired ability to interact with RNA polymerase II. ..
- Guinto E, Esmon C, Mann K, MacGillivray R. The complete cDNA sequence of bovine coagulation factor V. J Biol Chem. 1992;267:2971-8 pubmed
- Lin X, Tang J. Purification, characterization, and gene cloning of thermopsin, a thermostable acid protease from Sulfolobus acidocaldarius. J Biol Chem. 1990;265:1490-5 pubmed
- Lin X, Wong R, Tang J. Synthesis, purification, and active site mutagenesis of recombinant porcine pepsinogen. J Biol Chem. 1989;264:4482-9 pubmed..and Wells, J. A. (1988) Nature 332, 564-568), the active site mutant of pepsin is not enzymically active. ..
- Ferretti J, Huang T, Russell R. Sequence analysis of the glucosyltransferase A gene (gtfA) from Streptococcus mutans Ingbritt. Infect Immun. 1988;56:1585-8 pubmed..There is no evidence of a signal peptide in the protein or that the glucosyltransferase A enzyme is secreted. No sequence homologies were observed between the gtfA gene or protein and the gtfI or gtfB gene and its protein. ..
- Fukudome K, Esmon C. Identification, cloning, and regulation of a novel endothelial cell protein C/activated protein C receptor. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:26486-91 pubmed..Identification of endothelial cell protein C receptor as a member of the CD1/major histocompatibility complex superfamily provides insights into the role of protein C in regulating the inflammatory response. ..
- Kawar Z, van Die I, Cummings R. Molecular cloning and enzymatic characterization of a UDP-GalNAc:GlcNAc(beta)-R beta1,4-N-acetylgalactosaminyltransferase from Caenorhabditis elegans. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:34924-32 pubmed..The identification and availability of this novel enzyme should enhance our understanding of the structure and function of LDN-containing glycoconjugates. ..
- Luo J, Burns G, Sokatch J. Construction of chromosomal recA mutants of Pseudomonas putida PpG2. Gene. 1993;136:263-6 pubmed..Therefore, P. putida JS388 can be used as a carrier of recombinant plasmids, but JS387 is not a suitable host for this purpose. ..
- Gase K, Ferretti J, Primeaux C, McShan W. Identification, cloning, and expression of the CAMP factor gene (cfa) of group A streptococci. Infect Immun. 1999;67:4725-31 pubmed..The results presented here, along with previous reports, indicate that the CAMP factor gene is fairly widespread among streptococci, being present at least in groups A, B, C, G, M, P, R, and U...
- DeBose Boyd R, Nyame A, Cummings R. Molecular cloning and characterization of an alpha1,3 fucosyltransferase, CEFT-1, from Caenorhabditis elegans. Glycobiology. 1998;8:905-17 pubmed..elegans opens the possibility of using this well-characterized nematode as a model system for studying the role of fucosylated glycans in the development and survival of C.elegans and possibly other helminths. ..
- DeAngelis P, Jing W, Drake R, Achyuthan A. Identification and molecular cloning of a unique hyaluronan synthase from Pasteurella multocida. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:8454-8 pubmed..In summary, we have discovered a unique HA synthase that differs in sequence and predicted topology from the other known enzymes. ..
- Pan J, Xia L, McEver R. Comparison of promoters for the murine and human P-selectin genes suggests species-specific and conserved mechanisms for transcriptional regulation in endothelial cells. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:10058-67 pubmed..These data suggest that both species-specific and conserved mechanisms regulate transcription of the human and murine P-selectin genes. ..
- Gilmore M, Cruz Rodz A, Leimeister W chter M, Kreft J, Goebel W. A Bacillus cereus cytolytic determinant, cereolysin AB, which comprises the phospholipase C and sphingomyelinase genes: nucleotide sequence and genetic linkage. J Bacteriol. 1989;171:744-53 pubmed..subtilis host. The 3' open reading frame encoded a sphingomyelinase. The two tandemly encoded activities, phospholipase C and sphingomyelinase, constitute a biologically functional cytolytic determinant of B. cereus termed cereolysin AB...
- Zakhary G, Clark R, Bidichandani S, Owen W, Slayton R, Levine M. Acidic proline-rich protein Db and caries in young children. J Dent Res. 2007;86:1176-80 pubmed..Alleles linked to Db may explain racial differences in caries experience. ..
- Vogel J, Bullen E, Teygong C, Howard E. Identification of the RLBP1 gene promoter. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2007;48:3872-7 pubmed..This finding sets the stage for a mechanistic understanding of the high degree of cell type-specific expression of RLBP1. ..
- Burns G, Brown T, Hatter K, Sokatch J. Comparison of the amino acid sequences of the transacylase components of branched chain oxoacid dehydrogenase of Pseudomonas putida, and the pyruvate and 2-oxoglutarate dehydrogenases of Escherichia coli. Eur J Biochem. 1988;176:165-9 pubmed..putida. The conclusions drawn from these comparisons are that the transacylases of prokaryotic pyruvate, 2-oxoglutarate and branched-chain-oxoacid dehydrogenases descended from a common ancestral protein probably at about the same time. ..
- Chan W, Borjigin J, Zheng Q, Shupert W. Characterization of cDNA encoding human pregnancy-specific beta 1-glycoprotein from placenta and extraplacental tissues and their comparison with carcinoembryonic antigen. DNA. 1988;7:545-55 pubmed..Searching through the GenBank/EMBL database revealed 74-80% homology between SP1 cDNA with human carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA) cDNA. The multiple genes of SP1 as a subfamily of the immunoglobulin supergene family is implicated. ..
- Johnston G, Cook R, McEver R. Cloning of GMP-140, a granule membrane protein of platelets and endothelium: sequence similarity to proteins involved in cell adhesion and inflammation. Cell. 1989;56:1033-44 pubmed..This similarity suggests that GMP-140 belongs to a new family of inducible receptors with related structure and function on vascular cells. ..
- Jiang H, Stewart C, Leu R. Tumor-derived factor synergizes with IFN-gamma and LPS, IL-2 or TNF-alpha to promote macrophage synthesis of TNF-alpha and TNF receptors for autocrine induction of nitric oxide synthase and enhanced nitric oxide-mediated tumor cytotoxicity. Immunobiology. 1995;192:321-42 pubmed
- Lane S, Liu Y. Characterization of the palmitoylation domain of SNAP-25. J Neurochem. 1997;69:1864-9 pubmed..These results suggest that all four Cys residues are involved in palmitoylation and that membrane association of SNAP-25 may be regulated through dynamic palmitoylation. ..
- Gimble J, Hua X, Wanker F, Morgan C, Robinson C, Hill M, et al. In vitro and in vivo analysis of murine lipoprotein lipase gene promoter: tissue-specific expression. Am J Physiol. 1995;268:E213-8 pubmed..These findings suggest that the -1,824-bp promoter region contains sequence elements responsible for the tissue-specific transcription of lipoprotein lipase in vivo...
- Shin S, Oh S, An S, Janknecht R. ETS variant 1 regulates matrix metalloproteinase-7 transcription in LNCaP prostate cancer cells. Oncol Rep. 2013;29:306-14 pubmed publisher..Together, these results showed that MMP-7 is a bona fide ETV1 target gene, implicating that MMP-7 upregulation is partially responsible for the oncogenic effects of ETV1 in the prostate. ..
- Prasadan K, Bates J, Badgett A, Dell M, Sukhatme V, Yu H, et al. Nucleotide sequence and peptide motifs of mouse uromodulin (Tamm-Horsfall protein)--the most abundant protein in mammalian urine. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1995;1260:328-32 pubmed..An arginine-glycine-aspartate tripeptide reported for rat and human sequence is absent in the mouse. There are several potential sites for post-translational modification. ..
- Callegan M, Cochran D, Kane S, Gilmore M, Gominet M, Lereclus D. Contribution of membrane-damaging toxins to Bacillus endophthalmitis pathogenesis. Infect Immun. 2002;70:5381-9 pubmed..Alterations in retinal responses early in infection may mark the beginnings of specific photoreceptor or glial cell dysfunction...
- Shankar V, Gilmore M, Elkins R, Sachdev G. A novel human airway mucin cDNA encodes a protein with unique tandem-repeat organization. Biochem J. 1994;300 ( Pt 2):295-8 pubmed..The data indicate that mucin encoded by clone pAM1 represents a unique type of peptide organization which has not been described in mucin cDNAs reported thus far. ..
- Garrett K, Tan S, Bradsher J, Lane W, Conaway J, Conaway R. Molecular cloning of an essential subunit of RNA polymerase II elongation factor SIII. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1994;91:5237-41 pubmed..coli NusB protein, suggesting that SIII may be evolutionarily related to proteins involved in the control of transcription elongation in eubacteria. ..
- Madhusudhan K, Lorenz D, Sokatch J. The bkdR gene of Pseudomonas putida is required for expression of the bkd operon and encodes a protein related to Lrp of Escherichia coli. J Bacteriol. 1993;175:3934-40 pubmed..Mutations affecting bkdR could also be complemented by plasmids containing lrp of E. coli. This is the first instance of a Lrp-like protein demonstrated to regulate expression of an operon outside of E. coli...
- Ogilvie M, Hanas J. Molecular biology of vertebrate transcription factor IIIA: cloning and characterization of TFIIIA from channel catfish oocytes. Gene. 1997;203:103-12 pubmed..For the three N-terminal fingers, this leads to deduction of a compact polypeptide structure with conserved basic residues contacting conserved G nts in the 5S gene C box...
- Pan J, Xia L, Yao L, McEver R. Tumor necrosis factor-alpha- or lipopolysaccharide-induced expression of the murine P-selectin gene in endothelial cells involves novel kappaB sites and a variant activating transcription factor/cAMP response element. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:10068-77 pubmed..The presence of these elements in the murine, but not the human, P-selectin gene may explain in part why TNF-alpha or LPS stimulates transcription of P-selectin in a species-specific manner. ..
- Vu T, Liu R, Haaksma C, Tomasek J, Howard E. Identification and cloning of the membrane-associated serine protease, hepsin, from mouse preimplantation embryos. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:31315-20 pubmed..Catalytically inactive soluble hepsin was unable to autoactivate. These results suggest that hepsin may be the first serine protease expressed during mammalian development, making its ability to autoactivate critical to its function. ..
- Howard E, Been L, Lerner M, Brackett D, Lightfoot S, Bullen E, et al. Carriers of a novel frame-shift insertion in WNT16a possess elevated pancreatic expression of TCF7L2. BMC Genet. 2013;14:28 pubmed publisher..However, further studies would be needed to mechanistically link the two definitively. ..
- Ducey T, Jackson L, Orvis J, Dyer D. Transcript analysis of nrrF, a Fur repressed sRNA of Neisseria gonorrhoeae. Microb Pathog. 2009;46:166-70 pubmed publisher..This protocol allows for the rapid identification of transcriptional start sites of RNA transcripts, and could be used for high-throughput transcript mapping. ..
- Ong E, Nesin V, Long C, Bai C, Guz J, Ivanov I, et al. A TRPC1 protein-dependent pathway regulates osteoclast formation and function. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:22219-32 pubmed publisher..We propose that the positive and negative modulation of the CRAC channel by TRPC1Îµ and I-mfa, respectively, fine-tunes the dynamic range of the CRAC channel regulating osteoclastogenesis. ..
- Metcalf T, van der Wel H, Escalante R, Sastre L, West C. Role of SP65 in assembly of the Dictyostelium discoideum spore coat. Eukaryot Cell. 2007;6:1137-49 pubmed
- Turner S, Ellexson M, Hickman H, Sidebottom D, Fernandez Vina M, Confer D, et al. Sequence-based typing provides a new look at HLA-C diversity. J Immunol. 1998;161:1406-13 pubmed
- Ju T, Zheng Q, Cummings R. Identification of core 1 O-glycan T-synthase from Caenorhabditis elegans. Glycobiology. 2006;16:947-58 pubmed..These results show that the Ce-T-synthase is a functional ortholog to the human T-synthase in generating core 1 O-glycans and open new avenues to explore O-glycan function in this model organism. ..
- Ercan A, Panico M, Sutton Smith M, Dell A, Morris H, Matta K, et al. Molecular characterization of a novel UDP-galactose:fucoside alpha3-galactosyltransferase that modifies Skp1 in the cytoplasm of Dictyostelium. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:12713-21 pubmed..Informatics studies suggest that related catalytic domains are expressed in the Golgi or cytoplasm of plants, other protozoans, and animals. ..
- van der Wel H, Ercan A, West C. The Skp1 prolyl hydroxylase from Dictyostelium is related to the hypoxia-inducible factor-alpha class of animal prolyl 4-hydroxylases. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:14645-55 pubmed
- Lewis L, Sung M, Gipson M, Hartman K, Dyer D. Transport of intact porphyrin by HpuAB, the hemoglobin-haptoglobin utilization system of Neisseria meningitidis. J Bacteriol. 1998;180:6043-7 pubmed..By constructing a HemA- HpuAB- double mutant, we demonstrated that HpuAB is required for the transport of porphyrin from Hb and Hb-Hp...
- De P, Peak M, Rodgers K. DNA cleavage activity of the V(D)J recombination protein RAG1 is autoregulated. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:6850-60 pubmed..We propose how the combined actions of the RAG1 domains may function in V(D)J recombination and also in aberrant cleavage reactions that may lead to genomic instability in B and T lymphocytes. ..
- Clark R, Dalgliesh G, Endres D, Gomez M, Taylor J, Bidichandani S. Expansion of GAA triplet repeats in the human genome: unique origin of the FRDA mutation at the center of an Alu. Genomics. 2004;83:373-83 pubmed..Our data demonstrate that GAA-TRs have expanded throughout primate evolution with the generation of potential premutation alleles at multiple loci. ..
- Zhu Q, Hulen D, Liu T, Clarke M. The cluA- mutant of Dictyostelium identifies a novel class of proteins required for dispersion of mitochondria. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1997;94:7308-13 pubmed..These studies identify a new class of proteins that appear to be required for the proper distribution of mitochondria. ..
- Zhou B, Weigel J, Saxena A, Weigel P. Molecular cloning and functional expression of the rat 175-kDa hyaluronan receptor for endocytosis. Mol Biol Cell. 2002;13:2853-68 pubmed..HARE is the first functionally identified member of a protein family that shares a similar organization of Fasciclin, epidermal growth factor-like, Xlink, and transmembrane domains. ..
- Sawalha A, Jeffries M. Defective DNA methylation and CD70 overexpression in CD4+ T cells in MRL/lpr lupus-prone mice. Eur J Immunol. 2007;37:1407-13 pubmed..Our data indicate that decreased expression of Dnmt1 and the corresponding T cell DNA hypomethylation correlate with the development of age-dependent autoimmunity in MRL/lpr mice. ..
- Lee K, Lee C, Tae W, Jackson K, Christiansen V, McKee P. Cross-linking of wild-type and mutant alpha 2-antiplasmins to fibrin by activated factor XIII and by a tissue transglutaminase. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:37382-9 pubmed..These results show that alpha(2)AP is a better substrate for FXIIIa than for this particular tTG, but that either enzyme involves the same Gln substrate sites in alpha(2)AP and yields the same order of reactivities. ..
- Pan J, McEver R. Characterization of the promoter for the human P-selectin gene. J Biol Chem. 1993;268:22600-8 pubmed..These data suggest that the P-selectin gene is regulated by a combination of cis elements and their cognate transcription factors. ..
- Fukudome K, Esmon C. Molecular cloning and expression of murine and bovine endothelial cell protein C/activated protein C receptor (EPCR). The structural and functional conservation in human, bovine, and murine EPCR. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:5571-7 pubmed..Cloning of the murine and bovine homologue of EPCR will facilitate in vivo and in vitro studies of the role of EPCR in the protein C pathway. ..
- An G, Ng A, Meka C, Luo G, Bright S, Cazares L, et al. Cloning and characterization of UROC28, a novel gene overexpressed in prostate, breast, and bladder cancers. Cancer Res. 2000;60:7014-20 pubmed..This gene did not demonstrate increased expression in lung and colon cancer tissues. ..