Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
Locale: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
Publications914 found, 100 shown here
- Venkova K, Johnson A, Myers B, Greenwood Van Meerveld B. Exposure of the amygdala to elevated levels of corticosterone alters colonic motility in response to acute psychological stress. Neuropharmacology. 2010;58:1161-7 pubmed publisher..The post-WAS changes in colonic motility and plasma CORT were prevented by antagonism of GR or MR in the amygdala, suggesting their importance in driving stress-associated changes in colonic motility. ..
- Sarangi P, Lee H, Lerman Y, Trzeciak A, Harrower E, Rezaie A, et al. Activated Protein C Attenuates Severe Inflammation by Targeting VLA-3high Neutrophil Subpopulation in Mice. J Immunol. 2017;199:2930-2936 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that variants of activated PC have a stronger affinity for integrin VLA-3, which reveals novel therapeutic possibilities. ..
- Komori N, Usukura J, Kurien B, Shichi H, Matsumoto H. Phosrestin I, an arrestin homolog that undergoes light-induced phosphorylation in dipteran photoreceptors. Insect Biochem Mol Biol. 1994;24:607-17 pubmed..Such distribution of PRI epitopes suggests that PRI and its light-dependent phosphorylation may function in a space remote from the rhabdomere as well as the immediate milieu of photoreception. ..
- Thapa M, Carr D. Herpes simplex virus type 2-induced mortality following genital infection is blocked by anti-tumor necrosis factor alpha antibody in CXCL10-deficient mice. J Virol. 2008;82:10295-301 pubmed publisher..Collectively, the results implicate TNF-alpha as the principal mediator of mortality in response to genital HSV-2 infection. ..
- Chintakuntlawar A, Chodosh J. Chemokine CXCL1/KC and its receptor CXCR2 are responsible for neutrophil chemotaxis in adenoviral keratitis. J Interferon Cytokine Res. 2009;29:657-66 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, both CXCL1 and CXCR2 play an important role in chemokine expression and neutrophil infiltration following adenoviral corneal infection, but have a redundant role in the development of keratitis...
- Towner R, Gillespie D, Schwager A, Saunders D, Smith N, Njoku C, et al. Regression of glioma tumor growth in F98 and U87 rat glioma models by the Nitrone OKN-007. Neuro Oncol. 2013;15:330-40 pubmed publisher..001 in F98, P < .05 in U87]), compared with untreated animals. OKN-007 may be considered as a promising therapeutic addition or alternative for the treatment of aggressive human gliomas. ..
- Wang Y, Sun Z. Antiaging gene Klotho regulates endothelin-1 levels and endothelin receptor subtype B expression in kidneys of spontaneously hypertensive rats. J Hypertens. 2014;32:1629-36; discussion 1636 pubmed publisher..These findings revealed a previously unidentified role of klotho in the regulation of the renal ET system and Mn-SOD in SHRs. ..
- Rother R, Thomas P. La/SSB ribonucleoprotein levels increased in transformed cells. Clin Exp Immunol. 1991;83:369-74 pubmed..These data show that La/SSB is elevated in transformed cell lines compared with non-transformed counterpart cell lines and suggest that this increase is not restricted to viral transformation. ..
- Nadon N, Miller S, Draeger K, Salvaggio M. Myelin proteolipid DM20: evidence for function independent of myelination. Int J Dev Neurosci. 1997;15:285-93 pubmed..We propose a function for DM20 to explain these diverse findings based on the ability of DM20 to form multimeric complexes, and hypothesize that the DM20 complex participates in intracellular molecular transport. ..
- Nazir S, Gadi I, Al Dabet M, ElWakiel A, Kohli S, Ghosh S, et al. Cytoprotective activated protein C averts Nlrp3 inflammasome-induced ischemia-reperfusion injury via mTORC1 inhibition. Blood. 2017;130:2664-2677 pubmed publisher..These studies reveal that aPC protects from IRI by restricting mTORC1-dependent inflammasome activation and that mimicking biased aPC PAR-1 signaling using parmodulins may be a feasible therapeutic approach to combat IRI. ..
- Do H, Lee W, Ghosh P, Hollowell T, Canfield W, Kornfeld S. Human mannose 6-phosphate-uncovering enzyme is synthesized as a proenzyme that is activated by the endoprotease furin. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:29737-44 pubmed..The fact that UCE is not activated until it reaches the trans-Golgi network may ensure that the pool of UDP-GlcNAc in the Golgi stack is not depleted, thereby maintaining proper oligosaccharide assembly. ..
- Chen X, Welner R, Kincade P. A possible contribution of retinoids to regulation of fetal B lymphopoiesis. Eur J Immunol. 2009;39:2515-24 pubmed publisher..Retinoids may account in part for rapid differentiation in fetal life, but not all unique features of fetal progenitors. ..
- Ueki Y, Ash J, Zhu M, Zheng L, Le Y. Expression of Cre recombinase in retinal Müller cells. Vision Res. 2009;49:615-21 pubmed publisher..Retinal function and morphology were normal in 10-month-old VMD2-cre mice. We generated a transgenic cre mouse that is useful to study gene activation and inactivation in retinal Müller cells. ..
- Aso T, Haque D, Barstead R, Conaway R, Conaway J. The inducible elongin A elongation activation domain: structure, function and interaction with the elongin BC complex. EMBO J. 1996;15:5557-66 pubmed
- Weigel J, Raymond R, McGary C, Singh A, Weigel P. A blocking antibody to the hyaluronan receptor for endocytosis (HARE) inhibits hyaluronan clearance by perfused liver. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:9808-12 pubmed..The results indicate that mAb-174 will be a useful tool to study the functions of HARE and the physiological significance of HA clearance. ..
- Greenwood Van Meerveld B, Gibson M, Johnson A, Venkova K, Sutkowski Markmann D. NK1 receptor-mediated mechanisms regulate colonic hypersensitivity in the guinea pig. Pharmacol Biochem Behav. 2003;74:1005-13 pubmed
- Condac E, Silasi Mansat R, Kosanke S, Schoeb T, Towner R, Lupu F, et al. Polycystic disease caused by deficiency in xylosyltransferase 2, an initiating enzyme of glycosaminoglycan biosynthesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:9416-21 pubmed..Our findings demonstrate that alterations in PG concentrations can occur due to loss of XylT2, and that reduced PGs can induce cyst development. ..
- Saban M, O Donnell M, Hurst R, Wu X, Simpson C, Dozmorov I, et al. Molecular networks discriminating mouse bladder responses to intravesical bacillus Calmette-Guerin (BCG), LPS, and TNF-alpha. BMC Immunol. 2008;9:4 pubmed publisher..Finally, in intact urothelium, BCG-GFP internalizes in LRG-47-positive vesicles. These results provide a molecular framework for the further study of the involvement of immune and nervous systems in the bladder responses to BCG therapy. ..
- Yamada H, Rao C. BRD8 is a potential chemosensitizing target for spindle poisons in colorectal cancer therapy. Int J Oncol. 2009;35:1101-9 pubmed..Conversely, at least one isoform of BRD8 gave growth advantage and resistance to taxol when stably overexpressed in HeLa cells. Targeting BRD8 would improve therapy outcome against aggressive/metastatic colorectal cancers. ..
- Liedtke M, Rathbun R. Drug interactions with antiretrovirals and warfarin. Expert Opin Drug Saf. 2010;9:215-23 pubmed publisher..Titration of warfarin dose should be conducted on the basis of close monitoring of the international normalized ratio. Empiric warfarin dose modifications should be considered for individual antiretrovirals. ..
- Locklear I, Feeback D, Brumback R. Metabolic myopathy produced by acute inhibition of glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase with ortho-iodosobenzoic acid. Neuroscience. 1990;35:707-13 pubmed..The fibers of the soleus muscle (composed predominantly of type I myofibers) were not damaged, indicating a preferential ortho-iodosobenzoic acid effect on type II myofibers...
- Ge Q, Trieu E, Targoff I. Primary structure and functional expression of human Glycyl-tRNA synthetase, an autoantigen in myositis. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:28790-7 pubmed..Expression of the cDNA in Escherichia coli yielded a protein of expected size that reacted with the autoantibodies and was active as glycyl-tRNA synthetase. ..
- Payne K, Medina K, Kincade P. Loss of c-kit accompanies B-lineage commitment and acquisition of CD45R by most murine B-lymphocyte precursors. Blood. 1999;94:713-23 pubmed..The ability to isolate highly enriched populations of viable CD45R- precursors will be instrumental in characterizing the earliest B-lineage cells. ..
- Wu X, Peters J, Gonzalez F, Prasad H, Rohrer M, Gimble J. Frequency of stromal lineage colony forming units in bone marrow of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-alpha-null mice. Bone. 2000;26:21-6 pubmed..These results indicate that the PPARalpha-null genotype does not influence bone marrow stromal cell numbers. ..
- Fuller B, Drake M, Spaulding D, Chaudhry F. Downregulation of tyrosinase activity in human melanocyte cell cultures by yohimbine. J Invest Dermatol. 2000;114:268-76 pubmed..These findings suggest that yohimbine acts through an as yet unidentified signaling pathway to lower the catalytic activity of pre-existing tyrosinase molecules present in melanocytes. ..
- Tavormina P, Côme M, Hudson J, Mo Y, Beck W, Gorbsky G. Rapid exchange of mammalian topoisomerase II alpha at kinetochores and chromosome arms in mitosis. J Cell Biol. 2002;158:23-9 pubmed..Rapid mobility of topoII alpha in chromosomes may be essential to resolve strain imparted during chromosome condensation and segregation. ..
- Callegan M, Cochran D, Kane S, Gilmore M, Gominet M, Lereclus D. Contribution of membrane-damaging toxins to Bacillus endophthalmitis pathogenesis. Infect Immun. 2002;70:5381-9 pubmed..Alterations in retinal responses early in infection may mark the beginnings of specific photoreceptor or glial cell dysfunction...
- Kawar Z, Haslam S, Morris H, Dell A, Cummings R. Novel poly-GalNAcbeta1-4GlcNAc (LacdiNAc) and fucosylated poly-LacdiNAc N-glycans from mammalian cells expressing beta1,4-N-acetylgalactosaminyltransferase and alpha1,3-fucosyltransferase. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:12810-9 pubmed..Thus, the generation of these stable mammalian cells will facilitate future studies on the biological activities and properties of LDN-related structures in glycoproteins. ..
- Xie J, Guo Q. PAR-4 is involved in regulation of beta-secretase cleavage of the Alzheimer amyloid precursor protein. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:13824-32 pubmed
- Scherlag B, Yamanashi W, Patel U, Lazzara R, Jackman W. Autonomically induced conversion of pulmonary vein focal firing into atrial fibrillation. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2005;45:1878-86 pubmed..Three of seven dogs showed AF inducibility only with AG stimulation >/=9.3 V. The effects of AG stimulation at the base of the RSPV can provide a substrate for the conversion of PV firing into AF. ..
- Moiseyev G, Chen Y, Takahashi Y, Wu B, Ma J. RPE65 is the isomerohydrolase in the retinoid visual cycle. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:12413-8 pubmed..Identification of the function of RPE65 will contribute to the understanding of the pathogenesis for retinal dystrophies associated with RPE65 mutations. ..
- Kong L, Li F, Soleman C, Li S, Elias R, Zhou X, et al. Bright cyclic light accelerates photoreceptor cell degeneration in tubby mice. Neurobiol Dis. 2006;21:468-77 pubmed..Our results support the interpretation that problems in protein trafficking in the photoreceptors of the tub/tub mouse may contribute to retinal degeneration. ..
- Teague B, Pan Y, Mudd P, Nakken B, Zhang Q, Szodoray P, et al. Cutting edge: Transitional T3 B cells do not give rise to mature B cells, have undergone selection, and are reduced in murine lupus. J Immunol. 2007;178:7511-5 pubmed..Significantly reduced numbers of T3 B cells in young lupus-prone mice further suggest that the specificity of this subset holds clues to understanding autoimmunity...
- Rao C, Yamada H, Yao Y, Dai W. Enhanced genomic instabilities caused by deregulated microtubule dynamics and chromosome segregation: a perspective from genetic studies in mice. Carcinogenesis. 2009;30:1469-74 pubmed publisher..Further elucidation of molecular mechanisms of the SAC signaling has the potential for identifying new targets for rational anticancer drug design. ..
- Sureban S, May R, Qu D, Weygant N, Chandrakesan P, Ali N, et al. DCLK1 regulates pluripotency and angiogenic factors via microRNA-dependent mechanisms in pancreatic cancer. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e73940 pubmed publisher..This novel concept of targeting DCLK1 alone has several advantages over targeting single pathway or miRNA-based therapies for PDAC. ..
- Tessneer K, Pasula S, Cai X, Dong Y, McManus J, Liu X, et al. Genetic reduction of vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 2 rescues aberrant angiogenesis caused by epsin deficiency. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2014;34:331-337 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that epsins may be a potential therapeutic target in conditions in which tightly regulated angiogenesis is crucial, such as in diabetic wound healing and tumors. ..
- Prasadan K, Bates J, Badgett A, Dell M, Sukhatme V, Yu H, et al. Nucleotide sequence and peptide motifs of mouse uromodulin (Tamm-Horsfall protein)--the most abundant protein in mammalian urine. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1995;1260:328-32 pubmed..An arginine-glycine-aspartate tripeptide reported for rat and human sequence is absent in the mouse. There are several potential sites for post-translational modification. ..
- Kaufman K, Farris A, Gross J, Kirby M, Harley J. Characterization and genomic sequence of the murine 60 kD Ro gene. Genes Immun. 2000;1:265-70 pubmed..Therefore, the isolation and characterization of the 60 kD Ro gene will be instrumental for future studies on protein function and the role this protein plays in the development of autoimmune responses. ..
- Conrady C, Zheng M, Mandal N, van Rooijen N, Carr D. IFN-Î±-driven CCL2 production recruits inflammatory monocytes to infection site in mice. Mucosal Immunol. 2013;6:45-55 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, CCL2 expression driven by IFI-16 recognition of HSV-1 facilitates the recruitment of inflammatory monocytes into the cornea proper to control viral replication. ..
- Matsye P, Zheng L, Si Y, Kim S, Luo W, Crossman D, et al. HuR promotes the molecular signature and phenotype of activated microglia: Implications for amyotrophic lateral sclerosis and other neurodegenerative diseases. Glia. 2017;65:945-963 pubmed publisher..These findings underscore an important role for HuR in sculpting the molecular signature and phenotype of activated microglia, and as a possible therapeutic target in ALS and other neurodegenerative diseases. ..
- Ishihara K, Wood W, Wall R, Sakaguchi N, Michnoff C, Tucker P, et al. Multiple B29 containing complexes on murine B lymphocytes. Common and stage-restricted Ig-associated polypeptide chains. J Immunol. 1993;150:2253-62 pubmed..These findings increase our understanding of the B lymphocyte Ag receptor complex and indicate that its components may change as a function of differentiation. ..
- Komori N, Neal J, Cain S, Logan J, Wirsig C, Miller K. Presence of beta-arrestin-1 immunoreactivity in the cutaneous nerve fibers of rat glabrous skin. Brain Res. 2003;988:121-9 pubmed..Our observations thus indicate that betaArr1 may be involved in modulation of specific tactile stimulation from the skin in addition to nociception. ..
- Igarashi H, Medina K, Yokota T, Rossi M, Sakaguchi N, Comp P, et al. Early lymphoid progenitors in mouse and man are highly sensitive to glucocorticoids. Int Immunol. 2005;17:501-11 pubmed..Finally, parallel studies revealed that the earliest events in human lymphopoiesis are susceptible to injury during glucocorticoid therapy. ..
- Tsiokas L, Kim S, Ong E. Cell biology of polycystin-2. Cell Signal. 2007;19:444-53 pubmed..This review focuses on the functional compartmentalization of PKD2, its modes of activation, and PKD2-mediated signal transduction. ..
- Welner R, Esplin B, Garrett K, Pelayo R, Luche H, Fehling H, et al. Asynchronous RAG-1 expression during B lymphopoiesis. J Immunol. 2009;183:7768-77 pubmed publisher..Other progenitors first activate this locus after c-Kit levels have diminished and cell surface IL-7 receptors are detectable. ..
- Le Y, Bai Y, Zhu M, Zheng L. Temporal requirement of RPE-derived VEGF in the development of choroidal vasculature. J Neurochem. 2010;112:1584-92 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the RPE-derived VEGF plays a critical role in choroidal vascular development during organogenesis before E15. ..
- Griffin C, Curtis C, Davis R, Muthukumar V, Magnuson T. The chromatin-remodeling enzyme BRG1 modulates vascular Wnt signaling at two levels. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:2282-7 pubmed publisher..These findings establish an epigenetic mechanism for the modulation of Wnt signaling during embryonic vascular development. ..
- Wang Y, Kuro O M, Sun Z. Klotho gene delivery suppresses Nox2 expression and attenuates oxidative stress in rat aortic smooth muscle cells via the cAMP-PKA pathway. Aging Cell. 2012;11:410-7 pubmed publisher..The klotho-induced suppression of Nox2 protein expression may be mediated by the cAMP-PKA pathway. ..
- Towner R, Jensen R, Colman H, Vaillant B, Smith N, Casteel R, et al. ELTD1, a potential new biomarker for gliomas. Neurosurgery. 2013;72:77-90; discussion 91 pubmed publisher..The detection of ELTD1 was also validated in both rodent and human gliomas and may serve as an additional biomarker for gliomas in preclinical and clinical diagnosis of gliomas. ..
- Lin Y, Kuro O M, Sun Z. Genetic deficiency of anti-aging gene klotho exacerbates early nephropathy in STZ-induced diabetes in male mice. Endocrinology. 2013;154:3855-63 pubmed publisher..Thus, klotho gene deficiency may make kidneys more susceptible to diabetic injury. Klotho gene deficiency exacerbated early diabetic nephropathy via enhancing both TGF?1 and mTOR signaling in kidneys. ..
- Yao L, Yago T, Shao B, Liu Z, Silasi Mansat R, Setiadi H, et al. Elevated CXCL1 expression in gp130-deficient endothelial cells impairs neutrophil migration in mice. Blood. 2013;122:3832-42 pubmed publisher..Our data define a role for endothelial cell gp130 in regulating integrin-dependent adhesion and de-adhesion of neutrophils during inflammation. ..
- Feng S, Streets A, Nesin V, Tran U, Nie H, Onopiuk M, et al. The Sorting Nexin 3 Retromer Pathway Regulates the Cell Surface Localization and Activity of a Wnt-Activated Polycystin Channel Complex. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2017;28:2973-2984 pubmed publisher..Molecular targeting of proteins involved in the endosomal sorting of PC1 and PC2 could lead to new therapeutic approaches in ADPKD. ..
- Wiechmann A. Differential distribution of Mel(1a) and Mel(1c) melatonin receptors in Xenopus laevis retina. Exp Eye Res. 2003;76:99-106 pubmed..The differential pattern of expression of the melatonin receptors suggests that melatonin may convey differential effects on various target cells in the retina. ..
- Elias R, Sezate S, Cao W, McGinnis J. Temporal kinetics of the light/dark translocation and compartmentation of arrestin and alpha-transducin in mouse photoreceptor cells. Mol Vis. 2004;10:672-81 pubmed
- Wu Y, Song P, Xu J, Zhang M, Zou M. Activation of protein phosphatase 2A by palmitate inhibits AMP-activated protein kinase. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:9777-88 pubmed..Taken together, we conclude that palmitate inhibits the phosphorylation of both AMPK and endothelial nitric-oxide synthase in endothelial cells via ceramide-dependent PP2A activation. ..
- Chen Y, Hu Y, Lu K, Flannery J, Ma J. Very low density lipoprotein receptor, a negative regulator of the wnt signaling pathway and choroidal neovascularization. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:34420-8 pubmed..These results suggest that VLDLR functions as a negative regulator of CNV, and this function is mediated through the wnt pathway. ..
- Dammanahalli K, Sun Z. Endothelins and NADPH oxidases in the cardiovascular system. Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol. 2008;35:2-6 pubmed..Rac1 is an important regulator of NADPH oxidase. There is ample evidence supporting direct stimulation by Rac1 of NADPH oxidase activity. In addition, Rac1-induced cardiomyocyte hypertrophy is mediated by the generation of ROS. ..
- Stavrakis S, Scherlag B, Fan Y, Liu Y, Mao J, Varma V, et al. Inhibition of atrial fibrillation by low-level vagus nerve stimulation: the role of the nitric oxide signaling pathway. J Interv Card Electrophysiol. 2013;36:199-208 pubmed publisher..05). LLVNS suppressed the ability of GP stimulation to slow the sinus rate, whereas L-NAME and wortmannin abolished this effect. The anti-arrhythmic effects of LLVNS involve the PI3K/NO signaling pathway. ..
- Towner R, Smith N, Saunders D, Lupu F, Silasi Mansat R, West M, et al. In vivo detection of free radicals using molecular MRI and immuno-spin trapping in a mouse model for amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. Free Radic Biol Med. 2013;63:351-60 pubmed publisher..This novel, noninvasive, in vivo diagnostic method can be applied to investigate the involvement of free radical mechanisms in ALS rodent models. ..
- Geng X, Cha B, Mahamud M, Lim K, Silasi Mansat R, Uddin M, et al. Multiple mouse models of primary lymphedema exhibit distinct defects in lymphovenous valve development. Dev Biol. 2016;409:218-233 pubmed publisher..In summary, we have provided the first and the most comprehensive analysis of LVV development. Furthermore, our work suggests that aberrant LVVs contribute to lymphedema. ..
- Garrett K, Tan S, Bradsher J, Lane W, Conaway J, Conaway R. Molecular cloning of an essential subunit of RNA polymerase II elongation factor SIII. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1994;91:5237-41 pubmed..coli NusB protein, suggesting that SIII may be evolutionarily related to proteins involved in the control of transcription elongation in eubacteria. ..
- Blackstock R, Murphy J. Role of interleukin-4 in resistance to Cryptococcus neoformans infection. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2004;30:109-17 pubmed..Enhanced immunity in the primed IL-4KO mice was reflected in a more moderate increase in IL-5 and IL-10 with maintenance of interferon-gamma levels. ..
- Wiechmann A, Udin S, Summers Rada J. Localization of Mel1b melatonin receptor-like immunoreactivity in ocular tissues of Xenopus laevis. Exp Eye Res. 2004;79:585-94 pubmed..Furthermore, melatonin may bind to receptors on cells located in the sclera and lens, perhaps to modify the growth or function of these ocular tissues. ..
- Seale T, Morton D, Whitby P, Wolf R, Kosanke S, VanWagoner T, et al. Complex role of hemoglobin and hemoglobin-haptoglobin binding proteins in Haemophilus influenzae virulence in the infant rat model of invasive infection. Infect Immun. 2006;74:6213-25 pubmed..Taken together, these data indicate that both the hgp genes and the hxuC gene are virulence determinants in the rat model of human invasive disease. ..
- Zhang Y, Liu Y, Walsh M, Bokov A, Ikeno Y, Jang Y, et al. Liver specific expression of Cu/ZnSOD extends the lifespan of Sod1 null mice. Mech Ageing Dev. 2016;154:1-8 pubmed publisher..The expression of hSOD1 in the liver of Sod1(-/-) mice significantly improved the lifespan of Sod1(-/-) mice; however, the lifespan of the Sod1(-/-)/hSOD1(alb) mice was still significantly shorter than wild type mice. ..
- Yik J, Saxena A, Weigel P. The minor subunit splice variants, H2b and H2c, of the human asialoglycoprotein receptor are present with the major subunit H1 in different hetero-oligomeric receptor complexes. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:23076-83 pubmed
- Knight J, Eyster C, Griesel B, Olson A. Regulation of the human GLUT4 gene promoter: interaction between a transcriptional activator and myocyte enhancer factor 2A. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003;100:14725-30 pubmed..Finally, GEF and MEF2A coimmunoprecipitated in vivo, strongly supporting a mechanism of GLUT4 transcription activation that depends on this protein-protein interaction. ..
- Wickham S, Carr D. Molecular mimicry versus bystander activation: herpetic stromal keratitis. Autoimmunity. 2004;37:393-7 pubmed..This review will revisit the basis of HSK focusing on issues that pertain to the autoimmune component versus collateral damage as a result of non-specific activation as a means to explain the pathologic manifestations of the disease. ..
- Carr D, Tomanek L, Silverman R, Campbell I, Williams B. RNA-dependent protein kinase is required for alpha-1 interferon transgene-induced resistance to genital herpes simplex virus type 2. J Virol. 2005;79:9341-5 pubmed
- Zhu H, Tang Y, Ivanciu L, Centola M, Lupu C, Taylor F, et al. Temporal dynamics of gene expression in the lung in a baboon model of E. coli sepsis. BMC Genomics. 2007;8:58 pubmed
- Towner R, Smith N, Doblas S, Tesiram Y, Garteiser P, Saunders D, et al. In vivo detection of c-Met expression in a rat C6 glioma model. J Cell Mol Med. 2008;12:174-86 pubmed publisher..Controls with no Ab or with a normal rat IgG attached to the contrast agent component indicated no non-specific binding to glioma tissue. This is the first successful visualization of in vivo overexpression of c-Met in gliomas. ..
- Thompson L, Takedachi M, Ebisuno Y, Tanaka T, Miyasaka M, Mills J, et al. Regulation of leukocyte migration across endothelial barriers by ECTO-5'-nucleotidase-generated adenosine. Nucleosides Nucleotides Nucleic Acids. 2008;27:755-60 pubmed publisher..Experiments are in progress to determine whether this effect is also adenosine receptor-mediated and to identify the relevant adenosine receptor. ..
- Moiseyev G, Nikolaeva O, Chen Y, Farjo K, Takahashi Y, Ma J. Inhibition of the visual cycle by A2E through direct interaction with RPE65 and implications in Stargardt disease. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:17551-6 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that A2E inhibits the regeneration of 11-cis retinal, the chromophore of visual pigments, which represents a unique mechanism by which A2E may impair vision in STGD. ..
- Vilekar P, Awasthi V, Lagisetty P, King C, Shankar N, Awasthi S. In vivo trafficking and immunostimulatory potential of an intranasally-administered primary dendritic cell-based vaccine. BMC Immunol. 2010;11:60 pubmed publisher..Unique approaches utilized in our study represent an attractive and novel means of producing and evaluating an autologous DC-based vaccine. ..
- Kohn R, Duerr J, McManus J, Duke A, Rakow T, Maruyama H, et al. Expression of multiple UNC-13 proteins in the Caenorhabditis elegans nervous system. Mol Biol Cell. 2000;11:3441-52 pubmed..This finding suggests some degree of functional overlap of the different protein products. ..
- Vuong L, Brobst D, Saadi A, Ivanovic I, Al Ubaidi M. Pattern of expression of p53, its family members, and regulators during early ocular development and in the post-mitotic retina. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2012;53:4821-31 pubmed publisher..Downregulation of p53 in the post-mitotic retina suggests that, although p53 may be involved in ocular and retinal development, it may play a minimal role in healthy adult retinal function. ..
- Hartsuck J, Koelsch G, Remington S. The high-resolution crystal structure of porcine pepsinogen. Proteins. 1992;13:1-25 pubmed..Pepsinogen is an appropriate model for the structures of other zymogens in the aspartic proteinase family. ..
- Moser K, Neas B, Salmon J, Yu H, Gray McGuire C, Asundi N, et al. Genome scan of human systemic lupus erythematosus: evidence for linkage on chromosome 1q in African-American pedigrees. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1998;95:14869-74 pubmed..0). Our results are consistent with the presumed complexity of genetic susceptibility to SLE and illustrate racial origin is likely to influence the specific nature of these genetic effects. ..
- Kolar G, Yokota T, Rossi M, Nath S, Capra J. Human fetal, cord blood, and adult lymphocyte progenitors have similar potential for generating B cells with a diverse immunoglobulin repertoire. Blood. 2004;104:2981-7 pubmed..From the standpoint of the Ig repertoire, an immune system reconstituted from fetal or neonatal stem cells would likely be as diverse as one generated from adult bone marrow. ..
- Myers B, Dittmeyer K, Greenwood Van Meerveld B. Involvement of amygdaloid corticosterone in altered visceral and somatic sensation. Behav Brain Res. 2007;181:163-7 pubmed..These findings suggest that modulation of the amygdala with CORT results in a generalized decrease in sensory thresholds via descending neuronal pathways. ..
- Thompson A, Thompson G. Serotonin-immunoreactive neurons in the postnatal MAO-A KO mouse lateral superior olive project to the inferior colliculus. Neurosci Lett. 2009;460:47-51 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that, similar to thalamocortical projections in other sensory systems, 5-HT may play a role in regulating development of LSO terminal arbors in the IC. ..
- Iyer J, Khurana T, Langer M, West C, Ballard J, Metcalf J, et al. Inflammatory cytokine response to Bacillus anthracis peptidoglycan requires phagocytosis and lysosomal trafficking. Infect Immun. 2010;78:2418-28 pubmed publisher..These findings provide new insight into the mechanism by which B. anthracis triggers sepsis during a critical stage of anthrax disease. ..
- Duerr J, Gaskin J, Rand J. Identified neurons in C. elegans coexpress vesicular transporters for acetylcholine and monoamines. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2001;280:C1616-22 pubmed..This is the first report of neurons that express two different vesicular neurotransmitter transporters in vivo...
- Härle P, Cull V, Agbaga M, Silverman R, Williams B, James C, et al. Differential effect of murine alpha/beta interferon transgenes on antagonization of herpes simplex virus type 1 replication. J Virol. 2002;76:6558-67 pubmed..These results suggest that the predominant IFN-mediated, antiviral pathway during HSV-1 infection taken by IFN-alpha/beta in L929 cells utilizes PKR. ..