Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on mice in Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
Locale: Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
Publications842 found, 100 shown here
- Le T, Wroblewski E, Patel S, Riesenberg A, Brown N. Math5 is required for both early retinal neuron differentiation and cell cycle progression. Dev Biol. 2006;295:764-78 pubmed..Thus, Math5 orchestrates neurogenesis in multiple ways, regulating both intrinsic and extrinsic processes. ..
- Peng Z, Peng L, Fan Y, Zandi E, Shertzer H, Xia Y. A critical role for IkappaB kinase beta in metallothionein-1 expression and protection against arsenic toxicity. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:21487-96 pubmed
- Mishra A, Wang M, Schlotman J, Nikolaidis N, Debrosse C, Karow M, et al. Resistin-like molecule-beta is an allergen-induced cytokine with inflammatory and remodeling activity in the murine lung. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2007;293:L305-13 pubmed..In vitro experiments demonstrated that RELM-beta had fibroblast motogenic activity. These results identify RELM-beta as a Th2-associated cytokine with potent inflammatory and remodeling activity. ..
- Sinner D, Kordich J, Spence J, Opoka R, Rankin S, Lin S, et al. Sox17 and Sox4 differentially regulate beta-catenin/T-cell factor activity and proliferation of colon carcinoma cells. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:7802-15 pubmed..These findings indicate that Sox proteins can act as both antagonists and agonists of beta-catenin/TCF activity, and this mechanism may regulate Wnt signaling responses in many developmental and disease contexts. ..
- Ben Jonathan N, LaPensee C, LaPensee E. What can we learn from rodents about prolactin in humans?. Endocr Rev. 2008;29:1-41 pubmed
- Linke M, Ashbaugh A, Koch J, Levin L, Tanaka R, Walzer P. Effects of surfactant protein-A on the interaction of Pneumocystis murina with its host at different stages of the infection in mice. J Eukaryot Microbiol. 2009;56:58-65 pubmed publisher..We conclude that SP-A can correct the host immune defect in the beginning of P. murina infection, but not in the middle or late stages of the infection. ..
- Wansapura A, Lasko V, Xie Z, Fedorova O, Bagrov A, Lingrel J, et al. Marinobufagenin enhances cardiac contractility in mice with ouabain-sensitive alpha1 Na+-K+-ATPase. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2009;296:H1833-9 pubmed publisher..05). These results suggest that MBG interacts with the ouabain binding site of the alpha(1) Na(+)-K(+)-ATPase subunit and can thereby influence cardiac inotropy. ..
- Geiger H, Rudolph K. Aging in the lympho-hematopoietic stem cell compartment. Trends Immunol. 2009;30:360-5 pubmed publisher..Reverting or ameliorating aging of HSCs might be a crucial step to restoring immuno-competence in the elderly. ..
- Ware M, Augustine S, Erisman D, See M, Wymer L, Hayes S, et al. Determining UV inactivation of Toxoplasma gondii oocysts by using cell culture and a mouse bioassay. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2010;76:5140-7 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, a 3-log(10) inactivation of T. gondii oocysts is achieved by 10-mJ/cm(2) low-pressure UV, and the in vitro TOP assay is a promising alternative to the mouse bioassay. ..
- Maiellaro Rafferty K, Wansapura J, Mendsaikhan U, Osinska H, James J, Taylor M, et al. Altered regional cardiac wall mechanics are associated with differential cardiomyocyte calcium handling due to nebulette mutations in preclinical inherited dilated cardiomyopathy. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2013;60:151-60 pubmed publisher..We suggest that these abnormalities correlate with detectable myocardial wall motion patterns. ..
- Potluri V, Noothi S, Vallabhapurapu S, Yoon S, Driscoll J, Lawrie C, et al. Transcriptional repression of Bim by a novel YY1-RelA complex is essential for the survival and growth of Multiple Myeloma. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e66121 pubmed publisher..Moreover, depletion of either YY1 or RelA completely inhibited MM tumor growth in xenograft models for human myeloma. Thus, a novel RelA-YY1 transcriptional repression complex is an attractive drug target in MM. ..
- Donnelly J, Chawla A, Houghton J, Zavros Y. Sonic hedgehog mediates the proliferation and recruitment of transformed mesenchymal stem cells to the stomach. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e75225 pubmed publisher..Hedgehog signaling is required for MSC proliferation and recruitment to the stomach in response to IFN?. ..
- Kim S, Ezhilarasan R, Phillips E, Gallego Perez D, Sparks A, Taylor D, et al. Serine/Threonine Kinase MLK4 Determines Mesenchymal Identity in Glioma Stem Cells in an NF-?B-dependent Manner. Cancer Cell. 2016;29:201-13 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results uncover MLK4 as an upstream regulator of NF-?B signaling and a potential molecular target for the MES subtype of glioblastomas. ..
- Krane C, Fortner C, Hand A, McGraw D, Lorenz J, Wert S, et al. Aquaporin 5-deficient mouse lungs are hyperresponsive to cholinergic stimulation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2001;98:14114-9 pubmed
- Uveges T, Shan Y, Kramer B, Wight D, Parysek L. Intron 1 is required for cell type-specific, but not injury-responsive, peripherin gene expression. J Neurosci. 2002;22:7959-67 pubmed
- Dusing M, Florence E, Wiginton D. High-level activation by a duodenum-specific enhancer requires functional GATA binding sites. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2003;284:G1053-65 pubmed..Interestingly, gel shift studies with duodenal nuclear extracts showed binding only by GATA-4. ..
- Meadows J, Pitzer B, Brockman D, Myatt L. Expression and localization of adipophilin and perilipin in human fetal membranes: association with lipid bodies and enzymes involved in prostaglandin synthesis. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2005;90:2344-50 pubmed..The structural and functional roles of adipophilin and perilipin in gestation and labor remain to be determined. ..
- Hack C, Chiu W, Jay Zhao Q, Clewell H. Bayesian population analysis of a harmonized physiologically based pharmacokinetic model of trichloroethylene and its metabolites. Regul Toxicol Pharmacol. 2006;46:63-83 pubmed..This analysis provides an important step toward estimating uncertainty of dose-response relationships in noncancer and cancer risk assessment, improving the extrapolation of toxic TCE doses from experimental animals to humans. ..
- Kuboki S, Schuster R, Blanchard J, Pritts T, Wong H, Lentsch A. Role of heat shock protein 70 in hepatic ischemia-reperfusion injury in mice. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2007;292:G1141-9 pubmed..Targeted induction of HSP70 may represent a potential therapeutic option for postischemic liver injury. ..
- Sun Y, Liou B, Quinn B, Ran H, Xu Y, Grabowski G. In vivo and ex vivo evaluation of L-type calcium channel blockers on acid beta-glucosidase in Gaucher disease mouse models. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e7320 pubmed publisher..These results show that LTCC blockers had the ex vivo effects of increasing GCase activity and protein in the mouse fibroblasts, but these effects did not translate into similar changes in vivo even at very high drug doses. ..
- Bradford E, Miller M, Prasad V, Nieman M, Gawenis L, Berryman M, et al. CLIC5 mutant mice are resistant to diet-induced obesity and exhibit gastric hemorrhaging and increased susceptibility to torpor. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2010;298:R1531-42 pubmed publisher..These data reveal a requirement for CLIC5 in the maintenance of normal systemic energy metabolism. ..
- Page K, Ledford J, Zhou P, Dienger K, Wills Karp M. Mucosal sensitization to German cockroach involves protease-activated receptor-2. Respir Res. 2010;11:62 pubmed publisher..The role for PAR-2 in mediating allergic airway inflammation has not been assessed using a real world allergen...
- Dixon B, Henry J, Siroky B, Chu A, Groen P, Bissler J. Cell cycle control and DNA damage response of conditionally immortalized urothelial cells. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e16595 pubmed publisher..This new model of urothelial cells, along with gastrointestinal cell lines previously derived from the H-2K(b)-tsA58 transgenic mouse, will be useful for studying the potential mechanisms of carcinogenesis of the augmented bladder. ..
- Daikoku T, Yoshie M, Xie H, Sun X, Cha J, Ellenson L, et al. Conditional deletion of Tsc1 in the female reproductive tract impedes normal oviductal and uterine function by enhancing mTORC1 signaling in mice. Mol Hum Reprod. 2013;19:463-72 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, Tsc1(PR(d/d)) and Tsc1(Amhr2(d/d)) have overlapping yet distinct phenotypes in the context of compartment-specific deletion of Tsc1. ..
- Chapman H, Waclaw R, Pei Z, Nakafuku M, Campbell K. The homeobox gene Gsx2 controls the timing of oligodendroglial fate specification in mouse lateral ganglionic eminence progenitors. Development. 2013;140:2289-98 pubmed publisher..These results support the notion that high levels of Gsx2 suppress OPC specification in dLGE progenitors and that its downregulation is required for the transition from neurogenesis to oligodendrogenesis. ..
- De Toni E, Ziesch A, Rizzani A, TÃ¶rÃ¶k H, Hocke S, LÃ¼ S, et al. Inactivation of BRCA2 in human cancer cells identifies a subset of tumors with enhanced sensitivity towards death receptor-mediated apoptosis. Oncotarget. 2016;7:9477-90 pubmed publisher..Our study thus defines a new genetic subpopulation of cancers susceptible towards TRAIL-R-targeting compounds, which could facilitate novel therapeutic approaches for patients with BRCA2-deficient tumors. ..
- Prows D, McDowell S, Aronow B, Leikauf G. Genetic susceptibility to nickel-induced acute lung injury. Chemosphere. 2003;51:1139-48 pubmed..Together, results from QTL and microarray analyses of nickel-induced acute lung injury survival allowed us to generate a short list of candidate genes. ..
- Dostanic I, Paul R, Lorenz J, Theriault S, Van Huysse J, Lingrel J. The alpha2-isoform of Na-K-ATPase mediates ouabain-induced hypertension in mice and increased vascular contractility in vitro. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2005;288:H477-85 pubmed..Our studies also demonstrate that the alpha2-isoform of Na-K-ATPase mediates the ouabain-induced increase in vascular contractility. This could play a role in the development and maintenance of ouabain-induced hypertension...
- Noel J, Osterburg A, Wang Q, Guo X, Byrum D, Schwemberger S, et al. Thermal injury elevates the inflammatory monocyte subpopulation in multiple compartments. Shock. 2007;28:684-93 pubmed..We conclude that in this model, IMs are a significant source of in vivo TNF-alpha. ..
- Ren X, Wu J, Wang X, Sartor M, Jones K, Qian J, et al. MicroRNA-320 is involved in the regulation of cardiac ischemia/reperfusion injury by targeting heat-shock protein 20. Circulation. 2009;119:2357-2366 pubmed publisher..Our data demonstrate that miR-320 is involved in the regulation of I/R-induced cardiac injury and dysfunction via antithetical regulation of Hsp20. Thus, miR-320 may constitute a new therapeutic target for ischemic heart diseases. ..
- Qi X, Chu Z, Mahller Y, Stringer K, Witte D, Cripe T. Cancer-selective targeting and cytotoxicity by liposomal-coupled lysosomal saposin C protein. Clin Cancer Res. 2009;15:5840-51 pubmed publisher..Saposin C-dioleoylphosphatidylserine nanovesicles offer promise as a novel, nontoxic, cancer-targeted, antitumor agent for treating a broad range of cancers. ..
- Plageman T, Lang R. Generation of an Rx-tTA: TetOp-Cre knock-in mouse line for doxycycline regulated Cre activity in the Rx expression domain. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e50426 pubmed publisher..This line has the potential to facilitate conditional knock-out experimentation to study early retina and/or posterior pituitary development. ..
- Chatterjee R, Benzinger M, Ritter J, Bissett D. Chronic ultraviolet B radiation-induced biochemical changes in the skin of hairless mice. Photochem Photobiol. 1990;51:91-7 pubmed..This suggests that there is insufficient collagen in UVB radiation-exposed skin to support the increasing mass of the tissue...
- Bruno M, Bohinski R, Huelsman K, Whitsett J, Korfhagen T. Lung cell-specific expression of the murine surfactant protein A (SP-A) gene is mediated by interactions between the SP-A promoter and thyroid transcription factor-1. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:6531-6 pubmed..TTF-1 interacts with complex protein/DNA binding sites located in the 5'-flanking region of the murine SP-A gene enhancing lung epithelial cell-specific expression in vitro. ..
- Slack J, Grupp I, Ferguson D, Rosenthal N, Kranias E. Ectopic expression of phospholamban in fast-twitch skeletal muscle alters sarcoplasmic reticulum Ca2+ transport and muscle relaxation. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:18862-8 pubmed..These findings indicate that ectopic expression of phospholamban in fast-twitch skeletal muscle is associated with inhibition of SERCA1 activity and decreased relaxation rates of this muscle. ..
- Bezerra J, Currier A, Melin Aldana H, Sabla G, Bugge T, Kombrinck K, et al. Plasminogen activators direct reorganization of the liver lobule after acute injury. Am J Pathol. 2001;158:921-9 pubmed..These data demonstrate that tPA and uPA play a critical role in hepatic repair via proteolysis of matrix elements and clearance of cellular debris from the field of injury. ..
- Tokuyama Y, Horn H, Kawamura K, Tarapore P, Fukasawa K. Specific phosphorylation of nucleophosmin on Thr(199) by cyclin-dependent kinase 2-cyclin E and its role in centrosome duplication. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:21529-37 pubmed
- Braz J, Bueno O, Liang Q, Wilkins B, Dai Y, Parsons S, et al. Targeted inhibition of p38 MAPK promotes hypertrophic cardiomyopathy through upregulation of calcineurin-NFAT signaling. J Clin Invest. 2003;111:1475-86 pubmed..Collectively, these observations indicate that reduced p38 signaling in the heart promotes myocyte growth through a mechanism involving enhanced calcineurin-NFAT signaling. ..
- Maier E, Dusing M, Wiginton D. Cdx binding determines the timing of enhancer activation in postnatal duodenum. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:13195-202 pubmed..No overt changes were observed from mutation of the NFI site. ..
- Knauf J, Ma X, Smith E, Zhang L, Mitsutake N, Liao X, et al. Targeted expression of BRAFV600E in thyroid cells of transgenic mice results in papillary thyroid cancers that undergo dedifferentiation. Cancer Res. 2005;65:4238-45 pubmed..This closely recapitulates the phenotype of BRAF-positive PTCs in humans and supports a key role for this oncogene in its pathogenesis. ..
- Sun Y, Quinn B, Witte D, Grabowski G. Gaucher disease mouse models: point mutations at the acid beta-glucosidase locus combined with low-level prosaposin expression lead to disease variants. J Lipid Res. 2005;46:2102-13 pubmed..These models mimic a more severe Gaucher disease phenotype and could be useful for therapeutic intervention studies. ..
- Xu J, Gong N, Bodi I, Aronow B, Backx P, Molkentin J. Myocyte enhancer factors 2A and 2C induce dilated cardiomyopathy in transgenic mice. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:9152-62 pubmed
- Zhou W, Scott S, Shelton S, Crutcher K. Cathepsin D-mediated proteolysis of apolipoprotein E: possible role in Alzheimer's disease. Neuroscience. 2006;143:689-701 pubmed..These results suggest that aspartic proteases, catD in particular, may be involved in proteolysis of apoE and perhaps contribute to the generation of apoE fragments previously implicated in AD pathology. ..
- Bahassi E, Penner C, Robbins S, Tichy E, Feliciano E, Yin M, et al. The breast cancer susceptibility allele CHEK2*1100delC promotes genomic instability in a knock-in mouse model. Mutat Res. 2007;616:201-9 pubmed..The mutant cells show signs of spontaneous genomic instability as indicated by polyploidy and an increase in DNA double strand breaks. ..
- Milsom M, Lee A, Zheng Y, Cancelas J. Fanca-/- hematopoietic stem cells demonstrate a mobilization defect which can be overcome by administration of the Rac inhibitor NSC23766. Haematologica. 2009;94:1011-5 pubmed publisher..In view of these data, we propose that targeting Rac signaling may enhance G-CSF-induced HSC mobilization in Fanconi anemia. ..
- Liu H, Zhang J, Liu C, Wang I, Sieber M, Chang J, et al. Cell therapy of congenital corneal diseases with umbilical mesenchymal stem cells: lumican null mice. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e10707 pubmed publisher..Unlike donated corneas, umbilical mesenchymal stem cells are easily isolated, expanded, stored, and can be quickly recovered from liquid nitrogen when a patient is in urgent need. ..
- Hilty J, George Smulian A, Newman S. Histoplasma capsulatum utilizes siderophores for intracellular iron acquisition in macrophages. Med Mycol. 2011;49:633-42 pubmed publisher..capsulatum strain G217B, (2) SID1 expression is required for optimum intracellular growth in M?, and (3) inhibition of SID1 expression in vivo reduces the virulence of H. capsulatum yeasts. ..
- Hester M, Danzer S. Accumulation of abnormal adult-generated hippocampal granule cells predicts seizure frequency and severity. J Neurosci. 2013;33:8926-36 pubmed publisher..These studies provide correlative evidence in support of the hypothesis that abnormal DGCs contribute to the development of TLE and also support a role for mossy cell loss. ..
- Kasberg A, Brunskill E, Steven Potter S. SP8 regulates signaling centers during craniofacial development. Dev Biol. 2013;381:312-23 pubmed publisher..These results show that Sp8 primarily functions to promote Fgf expression in the ANR and OP signaling centers that drive the survival, proliferation, and differentiation of the NC and paraxial mesoderm that make the face. ..
- Khodoun M, Kucuk Z, Strait R, Krishnamurthy D, Janek K, Clay C, et al. Rapid desensitization of mice with anti-Fc?RIIb/Fc?RIII mAb safely prevents IgG-mediated anaphylaxis. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2013;132:1375-87 pubmed publisher..A similar approach may safely suppress other Fc?R-dependent immunopathology. ..
- Wang L, Cao D, Wei C, Meng X, Jiang X, Tan M. A dual vaccine candidate against norovirus and hepatitis E virus. Vaccine. 2014;32:445-52 pubmed publisher..Thus, GST-NoV P(-)-HEV P and NoV P(-)-HEV P complexes are promising dual vaccine candidates against both NoV and HEV. ..
- Balaji S, LeSaint M, Bhattacharya S, Moles C, Dhamija Y, Kidd M, et al. Adenoviral-mediated gene transfer of insulin-like growth factor 1 enhances wound healing and induces angiogenesis. J Surg Res. 2014;190:367-77 pubmed publisher..Understanding the underlying mechanisms of IGF-1 effects on angiogenesis may help produce novel therapeutics for chronic wounds or diseases characterized by a deficit in neovascularization. ..
- Ikegami M, Jobe A. Surfactant protein metabolism in vivo. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1998;1408:218-25 pubmed..The relative importance of type II cells or macrophages to the catabolism of the protein components of surfactant remains to be characterized, as do regulators of surfactant homeostasis. ..
- Levine A, Gwozdz J, Stark J, Bruno M, Whitsett J, Korfhagen T. Surfactant protein-A enhances respiratory syncytial virus clearance in vivo. J Clin Invest. 1999;103:1015-21 pubmed..Coadministration of RSV with exogenous SP-A reduced viral titers and inflammatory cells in the lung of SP-A-/- mice. These findings demonstrate that SP-A plays an important host defense role against RSV in vivo. ..
- Richmond B, Hui D. Molecular structure and tissue-specific expression of the mouse pancreatic phospholipase A(2) gene. Gene. 2000;244:65-72 pubmed..Mouse PLA(2) message is synthesized predominantly in the pancreas, but the lung also contains low levels of PLA(2) mRNA. ..
- Naltner A, Wert S, Whitsett J, Yan C. Temporal/spatial expression of nuclear receptor coactivators in the mouse lung. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2000;279:L1066-74 pubmed..These findings support a role for retinoic acid receptor and nuclear receptor coactivators in the regulation of SP-B gene expression in the respiratory epithelium...
- Kelley Loughnane N, Sabla G, Ley Ebert C, Aronow B, Bezerra J. Independent and overlapping transcriptional activation during liver development and regeneration in mice. Hepatology. 2002;35:525-34 pubmed
- Miller M, Judd L, van Driel I, Andringa A, Flagella M, Bell S, et al. The unique ultrastructure of secretory membranes in gastric parietal cells depends upon the presence of H+, K+ -ATPase. Cell Tissue Res. 2002;309:369-80 pubmed
- De M, Jayarapu K, Elenich L, Monaco J, Colbert R, Griffin T. Beta 2 subunit propeptides influence cooperative proteasome assembly. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:6153-9 pubmed
- Song Q, Schmidt A, Hahn H, Carr A, Frank B, Pater L, et al. Rescue of cardiomyocyte dysfunction by phospholamban ablation does not prevent ventricular failure in genetic hypertrophy. J Clin Invest. 2003;111:859-67 pubmed..Thus, PLN ablation normalized contractility in isolated myocytes, but failed to rescue the cardiomyopathic phenotype elicited by activation of the Galphaq pathway or MyBP-C mutations. ..
- Han S, Zhang X, Xu R, Finkelman F, Brombacher F, Zheng B. IgD+IgM- B cells mount immune responses that exhibit altered antibody repertoire. Eur J Immunol. 2004;34:661-668 pubmed publisher..Thus, our studies demonstrate that differences in the roles played by IgM and IgD in regulating the responsiveness and differentiation of B lymphocytes can have major biological consequences during adaptive immune responses. ..
- Elluru R, Whitsett J. Potential role of Sox9 in patterning tracheal cartilage ring formation in an embryonic mouse model. Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2004;130:732-6 pubmed..We have identified a gene (Sox9) with a known role in chondrocyte differentiation that is expressed in a highly specific temporal and spatial pattern in the developing upper respiratory tract. ..
- Wesselkamper S, Case L, Henning L, Borchers M, Tichelaar J, Mason J, et al. Gene expression changes during the development of acute lung injury: role of transforming growth factor beta. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2005;172:1399-411 pubmed..These data suggest that TGF-beta acts as a central mediator of acute lung injury through the alteration of several different molecular pathways. ..
- McGraw D, Mihlbachler K, Schwarb M, Rahman F, Small K, Almoosa K, et al. Airway smooth muscle prostaglandin-EP1 receptors directly modulate beta2-adrenergic receptors within a unique heterodimeric complex. J Clin Invest. 2006;116:1400-9 pubmed..This mechanism may contribute to beta-agonist resistance found in asthma. ..
- Sampath V, Davis K, Senft A, Richardson T, Kitzmiller J, Berclaz P, et al. Altered postnatal lung development in C3H/HeJ mice. Pediatr Res. 2006;60:663-8 pubmed..In C3H/HeJ mice lacking TLR4 signaling, bacterial colonization is associated with chronic inflammation and permanent changes in lung morphology. ..
- Schwab K, Patterson L, Hartman H, Song N, Lang R, Lin X, et al. Pygo1 and Pygo2 roles in Wnt signaling in mammalian kidney development. BMC Biol. 2007;5:15 pubmed..In mammals, the Pygo1/Pygo2 genes are not absolutely required for canonical Wnt signaling in most developing systems, but rather function as quantitative transducers, or modulators, of Wnt signal intensity. ..
- Friedmann D, Wilson J, Kovall R. RAM-induced allostery facilitates assembly of a notch pathway active transcription complex. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:14781-91 pubmed publisher..Finally, we show that the addition of a RAM peptide in trans facilitates formation of the CSL-NotchIC-Mastermind ternary complex in vitro. ..
- Choubey D, Panchanathan R. Interferon-inducible Ifi200-family genes in systemic lupus erythematosus. Immunol Lett. 2008;119:32-41 pubmed publisher..This review summarizes recent findings concerning the regulation and role of p200-family proteins in the development of SLE. ..
- Wu D, Ahrens R, Osterfeld H, Noah T, Groschwitz K, Foster P, et al. Interleukin-13 (IL-13)/IL-13 receptor alpha1 (IL-13Ralpha1) signaling regulates intestinal epithelial cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator channel-dependent Cl- secretion. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:13357-69 pubmed publisher
- Wang B, He L, Dong H, Dalton T, Nebert D. Generation of a Slc39a8 hypomorph mouse: markedly decreased ZIP8 Zn²?/(HCO??)? transporter expression. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2011;410:289-94 pubmed publisher..This ZIP8 hypomorph will be instrumental in studying developmental and in utero physiological functions of the ZIP8 transporter...
- Patel A, Krimm R. Neurotrophin-4 regulates the survival of gustatory neurons earlier in development using a different mechanism than brain-derived neurotrophic factor. Dev Biol. 2012;365:50-60 pubmed publisher..Therefore, compared to BDNF, NT-4 plays distinct roles in gustatory development; differences include timing, source of neurotrophin, and mechanism of action. ..
- Katayama K, Imai F, Campbell K, Lang R, Zheng Y, Yoshida Y. RhoA and Cdc42 are required in pre-migratory progenitors of the medial ganglionic eminence ventricular zone for proper cortical interneuron migration. Development. 2013;140:3139-45 pubmed publisher..These findings provide genetic evidence that RhoA and Cdc42 are required in progenitors of the MGE in the VZ, but not the SVZ, for proper cortical interneuron migration. ..
- Liu S, Young S, Varisco B. Dynamic expression of chymotrypsin-like elastase 1 over the course of murine lung development. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2014;306:L1104-16 pubmed publisher..Our data defines the temporal-spatial pattern of elastin remodeling during lung development, demonstrates an association of this remodeling with CELA1, and supports a role for elastin remodeling in regulating angiogenesis. ..
- Schultheis P, Clarke L, Meneton P, Harline M, Boivin G, Stemmermann G, et al. Targeted disruption of the murine Na+/H+ exchanger isoform 2 gene causes reduced viability of gastric parietal cells and loss of net acid secretion. J Clin Invest. 1998;101:1243-53 pubmed
- Zhang J, Lee H, Lou D, Bovin G, Xu M. Lack of obvious 50 kilobase pair DNA fragments in DNA fragmentation factor 45-deficient thymocytes upon activation of apoptosis. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2000;274:225-9 pubmed..However, deficiency in DFF45 apparently does not significantly affect normal mouse development and tissue homeostasis. ..
- Brooks R, Pong S, Izzo N, Moorehead T, Gopalakrishnan M, Triggle D. Interaction of azimilide with neurohumoral and channel receptors. Biochem Pharmacol. 2001;62:883-92 pubmed..14 microM for carbachol). Azimilide's receptor interactions occur at concentrations from one to forty times those required to block cardiac delayed-rectifier channels but could contribute to the efficacy and safety of the drug. ..
- Mishra A, Hogan S, Brandt E, Wagner N, Crossman M, Foster P, et al. Enterocyte expression of the eotaxin and interleukin-5 transgenes induces compartmentalized dysregulation of eosinophil trafficking. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:4406-12 pubmed
- Kiriazis H, Sato Y, Kadambi V, Schmidt A, Gerst M, Hoit B, et al. Hypertrophy and functional alterations in hyperdynamic phospholamban-knockout mouse hearts under chronic aortic stenosis. Cardiovasc Res. 2002;53:372-81 pubmed..The hyperdynamic phospholamban-knockout hearts are able to compensate against a sustained aortic stenosis similar to wild-types. ..
- Barton L, Cruz M, Rangwala R, Deepe G, Monaco J. Regulation of immunoproteasome subunit expression in vivo following pathogenic fungal infection. J Immunol. 2002;169:3046-52 pubmed..Thus, both in vitro and in vivo data demonstrate that IFN-gamma is essential for up-regulation, but not constitutive expression, of immunoproteasome subunits in mice. ..
- Melendez J, Welch S, Schaefer E, Moravec C, Avraham S, Avraham H, et al. Activation of pyk2/related focal adhesion tyrosine kinase and focal adhesion kinase in cardiac remodeling. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:45203-10 pubmed..Collectively, these results delineate a cardiomyocyte signaling pathway associated with dilation that has potential relevance for cardiac remodeling, focal adhesion reorganization, and loss of contractility. ..
- Markey M, Siddiqui H, Knudsen E. Geminin is targeted for repression by the retinoblastoma tumor suppressor pathway through intragenic E2F sites. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:29255-62 pubmed..Together, these data link the expression of geminin to the RB/E2F pathway and represent the first promoter analysis of this important regulator of DNA replication. ..
- Zhang X, Li J, Sejas D, Pang Q. Hypoxia-reoxygenation induces premature senescence in FA bone marrow hematopoietic cells. Blood. 2005;106:75-85 pubmed..Thus, reoxygenation-induced premature senescence may be a novel mechanism underlying hematopoietic cell depletion and BM failure in FA. ..
- Carstanjen D, Yamauchi A, Koornneef A, Zang H, Filippi M, Harris C, et al. Rac2 regulates neutrophil chemotaxis, superoxide production, and myeloid colony formation through multiple distinct effector pathways. J Immunol. 2005;174:4613-20 pubmed..These findings suggest that binding to any single effector is not sufficient to rescue the distinct cellular phenotypes of Rac2-/- PMN, implicating multiple, distinct, and potentially parallel effector pathways. ..
- Besnard V, Wert S, Kaestner K, Whitsett J. Stage-specific regulation of respiratory epithelial cell differentiation by Foxa1. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2005;289:L750-9 pubmed
- Labonté E, Kirby R, Schildmeyer N, Cannon A, Huggins K, Hui D. Group 1B phospholipase A2-mediated lysophospholipid absorption directly contributes to postprandial hyperglycemia. Diabetes. 2006;55:935-41 pubmed..These results demonstrated that reduction of lysophospholipid absorption enhances insulin-mediated glucose metabolism and is protective against postprandial hyperglycemia. ..
- Alfieri C, Evans Anderson H, Yutzey K. Developmental regulation of the mouse IGF-I exon 1 promoter region by calcineurin activation of NFAT in skeletal muscle. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2007;292:C1887-94 pubmed..The identification of a calcineurin/NFAT-responsive element in the IGF-I gene represents a potential mechanism of intersection of these signaling pathways in the control of muscle development and homeostasis. ..
- Nogueiras R, Perez Tilve D, Veyrat Durebex C, Morgan D, Varela L, Haynes W, et al. Direct control of peripheral lipid deposition by CNS GLP-1 receptor signaling is mediated by the sympathetic nervous system and blunted in diet-induced obesity. J Neurosci. 2009;29:5916-25 pubmed publisher..Importantly, the CNS GLP-1 system loses the capacity to modulate adipocyte metabolism in obese states, suggesting an obesity-induced adipocyte resistance to CNS GLP-1. ..
- McAuliffe J, Loepke A, Miles L, Joseph B, Hughes E, Vorhees C. Desflurane, isoflurane, and sevoflurane provide limited neuroprotection against neonatal hypoxia-ischemia in a delayed preconditioning paradigm. Anesthesiology. 2009;111:533-46 pubmed publisher..Volatile agent preconditioning partially protects perirhinal cortex and striatal dependent functions against moderate to severe neonatal hypoxia-ischemia. ..