Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
Locale: Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
Publications1110 found, 100 shown here
- Kim H, Gottliebson W, Hor K, Backeljauw P, Gutmark Little I, Salisbury S, et al. Cardiovascular anomalies in Turner syndrome: spectrum, prevalence, and cardiac MRI findings in a pediatric and young adult population. AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2011;196:454-60 pubmed publisher..Our goals were to use cardiac MRI describe the spectrum and frequency of cardiovascular abnormalities and to evaluate aortic dilatation and associated abnormalities in pediatric patients with Turner syndrome...
- Farage M, Miller K, Sherman S, Tsevat J. Assessing quality of life in older adult patients with skin disorders. Glob J Health Sci. 2012;4:119-31 pubmed publisher..However, opportunity exists for developing and validating HRQoL measures specifically for dermatological conditions most pertinent to older patients. ..
- Balucani C, Levine S, Khoury J, Khatri P, Saver J, Broderick J. Acute Ischemic Stroke with Very Early Clinical Improvement: A National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke Recombinant Tissue Plasminogen Activator Stroke Trials Exploratory Analysis. J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis. 2016;25:894-901 pubmed publisher..Even with VEPRIM, a substantial percentage of patients had unfavorable outcomes. ..
- Judge C, Kostadinova L, Sherman K, Butt A, Falck Ytter Y, Funderburg N, et al. CD56bright NK IL-7Rα expression negatively associates with HCV level, and IL-7-induced NK function is impaired during HCV and HIV infections. J Leukoc Biol. 2017;102:171-184 pubmed publisher..These results implicate that IL-7-dependent NK cell activation and effector function may be other host immune surveillance mechanisms that are impaired in viral infections. ..
- Parikh K, Berry J, Hall M, Mussman G, Montalbano A, Thomson J, et al. Racial and Ethnic Differences in Pediatric Readmissions for Common Chronic Conditions. J Pediatr. 2017;186:158-164.e1 pubmed publisher..The highest readmission rates were not consistently observed for 1 particular race/ethnicity. Study findings can impact pediatric chronic disease management to improve care for children with these conditions. ..
- Markham L, Spicer R, Khoury P, Wong B, Mathews K, Cripe L. Steroid therapy and cardiac function in Duchenne muscular dystrophy. Pediatr Cardiol. 2005;26:768-71 pubmed..The effect appears to be sustained beyond the duration of treatment and independent of steroid type. ..
- Kalfa T, Zimmerman S, Goodman B, McDonald M, Ware R. Pelger-Huët anomaly in a child with 1q42.3-44 deletion. Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2006;46:645-8 pubmed..Additional features in this child included failure to thrive, developmental delay, cleft palate, seizure disorder, and dysmorphic facial features. ..
- Matsuzaki Y, Xu Y, Ikegami M, Besnard V, Park K, Hull W, et al. Stat3 is required for cytoprotection of the respiratory epithelium during adenoviral infection. J Immunol. 2006;177:527-37 pubmed..Thus, Stat3 plays a critical cytoprotective role that is required for epithelial cell survival and maintenance of alveolar structures during the early phases of pulmonary adenoviral infection. ..
- Hack C, Chiu W, Jay Zhao Q, Clewell H. Bayesian population analysis of a harmonized physiologically based pharmacokinetic model of trichloroethylene and its metabolites. Regul Toxicol Pharmacol. 2006;46:63-83 pubmed..This analysis provides an important step toward estimating uncertainty of dose-response relationships in noncancer and cancer risk assessment, improving the extrapolation of toxic TCE doses from experimental animals to humans. ..
- Thomas R, Toney K, Fenoglio Preiser C, Revelo Penafiel M, Hingorani S, Tuveson D, et al. The RON receptor tyrosine kinase mediates oncogenic phenotypes in pancreatic cancer cells and is increasingly expressed during pancreatic cancer progression. Cancer Res. 2007;67:6075-82 pubmed..Taken together, these findings suggest that RON receptor signaling may contribute to pancreatic carcinogenesis, and that further investigation is warranted to assess the potential of RON-directed therapies in this deadly disease. ..
- Cohen R, Smith E. Frequency of HbA1c discordance in estimating blood glucose control. Curr Opin Clin Nutr Metab Care. 2008;11:512-7 pubmed publisher..There are an increasing number of clinical circumstances in which there are nuances to HbA1c interpretation such that standard norms for assessment of glycemic control or complication risk may need to be modified. ..
- Broderick J. Endovascular therapy for acute ischemic stroke. Stroke. 2009;40:S103-6 pubmed publisher..Physiologic time to reperfusion will remain critical no matter which tools prove most effective and safest. ..
- Doarn C. Medical policy development for human spaceflight at NASA: an evolution. Aviat Space Environ Med. 2011;82:1073-7 pubmed..This manuscript documents the evolution of medical policy in the NASA, and provides a historical account of the individuals, processes, and needs to develop policy. ..
- Cajaiba M, Khanna G, Smith E, Gellert L, Chi Y, Mullen E, et al. Pediatric cystic nephromas: distinctive features and frequent DICER1 mutations. Hum Pathol. 2016;48:81-7 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the clinical, morphological, and genetic differences between pediatric and adult CN, as well as between CN and CPDN, suggest that these 3 lesions represent distinct entities. ..
- Siegel R, Lockhart M, Barnes A, Hiller E, Kipp R, Robison D, et al. Small prizes increased healthful school lunch selection in a Midwestern school district. Appl Physiol Nutr Metab. 2016;41:370-4 pubmed publisher..9% to 26.4% (p < 0.0001). In conclusion, giving small prizes as rewards dramatically improves short-term healthful food selection in elementary school children. ..
- Colbert M, Kirby M, Robbins J. Endogenous retinoic acid signaling colocalizes with advanced expression of the adult smooth muscle myosin heavy chain isoform during development of the ductus arteriosus. Circ Res. 1996;78:790-8 pubmed..These data suggest that RA may play a role in inducing and maintaining smooth muscle differentiation in the developing ductus arteriosus and may promote precocious expression of the adult vascular phenotype. ..
- Boseley M, Tami T. Endoscopic management of anterior skull base encephaloceles. Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol. 2004;113:30-3 pubmed
- Martin L, Comuzzie A, Sonnenberg G, Myklebust J, James R, Marks J, et al. Major quantitative trait locus for resting heart rate maps to a region on chromosome 4. Hypertension. 2004;43:1146-51 pubmed..This signal is in the same region as a quantitative trait locus (QTL) for long QT syndrome 4 and a QTL for heart rate in rats. Within the 1-LOD unit support interval, there are 2 strong candidates: ankyrin-B and myozenin 2. ..
- Dugan A, Malarkey W, Schwemberger S, Jauch E, Ogle C, Horseman N. Serum levels of prolactin, growth hormone, and cortisol in burn patients: correlations with severity of burn, serum cytokine levels, and fatality. J Burn Care Rehabil. 2004;25:306-13 pubmed..These results indicate that PRL responds to burn injury at early time points and that a subset of cytokines are involved in the early response to burn injury. ..
- Dunsmore K, Denenberg A, Page K, Wong H. Mechanism and function of heat shock-dependent IkappaBalpha expression. Inflamm Res. 2006;55:254-9 pubmed..The functional consequence of heat shock-mediated Ikappa Balpha gene expression is inhibition of NF-kappaB activation. ..
- Zhang X, Leung Y, Ho S. AP-2 regulates the transcription of estrogen receptor (ER)-beta by acting through a methylation hotspot of the 0N promoter in prostate cancer cells. Oncogene. 2007;26:7346-54 pubmed..They also support the hypothesis that certain cis-acting elements are methylation hotspots susceptible to epigenetic modifications during cancer progression. ..
- Suzuki T, Sakagami T, Rubin B, Nogee L, Wood R, Zimmerman S, et al. Familial pulmonary alveolar proteinosis caused by mutations in CSF2RA. J Exp Med. 2008;205:2703-10 pubmed publisher..These results establish that GM-CSF signaling is critical for surfactant homeostasis in humans and demonstrate that mutations in CSF2RA cause familial PAP. ..
- Guo C, Hu Q, Yan C, Zhang J. Multivalent binding of the ETO corepressor to E proteins facilitates dual repression controls targeting chromatin and the basal transcription machinery. Mol Cell Biol. 2009;29:2644-57 pubmed publisher..In addition, our newly defined domain interactions and their interplays have important implications in effectively targeting both E-protein fusion proteins and AML1-ETO found in cancers. ..
- Slaughter L, Egelhoff J, Balmakund T. Neurologic outcome in neonatal temporal lobe hemorrhagic venous infarcts. J Child Neurol. 2009;24:1236-42 pubmed publisher..This is surprising, given the dramatic imaging and clinical presentations. ..
- Dang B, Chen L, Mueller C, Dunn K, Almaguer D, Roberts J, et al. Ocular and respiratory symptoms among lifeguards at a hotel indoor waterpark resort. J Occup Environ Med. 2010;52:207-13 pubmed publisher..No water microbes were detected, and water chemistry met state standards. Indoor waterparks need to control water chemistry and ensure adequate air movement and distribution to control air contaminants and reduce health symptoms. ..
- Skelton M, Schaefer T, Graham D, DeGrauw T, Clark J, Williams M, et al. Creatine transporter (CrT; Slc6a8) knockout mice as a model of human CrT deficiency. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e16187 pubmed publisher..Ubiquitous CrT knockout mice have learning and memory deficits resembling human CrT deficiency and this model should be useful in understanding this disorder. ..
- Kim H, Zbojniewicz A, Merrow A, Cheon J, Kim I, Emery K. MR findings of synovial disease in children and young adults: Part 1. Pediatr Radiol. 2011;41:495-511; quiz 545-6 pubmed publisher..The first part of this paper will cover potential pathology of normal synovial structures as well as noninfectious synovial proliferation. ..
- Chen M, Dragoo J. The effect of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs on tissue healing. Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc. 2013;21:540-9 pubmed publisher..Clinically, the prudent use of anti-inflammatory medications following sports medicine injuries and surgeries appears to be a reasonable option in clinical practice unless bone healing is required. III. ..
- Miller W, Zagorski W, Brenneman J, Avery D, Miller J, O Connor C. US28 is a potent activator of phospholipase C during HCMV infection of clinically relevant target cells. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e50524 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results indicate that US28 induces a variety of signaling events in all cell types tested suggesting that US28 signaling likely plays a significant role during HCMV infection and dissemination in vivo. ..
- Katz M, Derogatis L, Ackerman R, Hedges P, Lesko L, Garcia M, et al. Efficacy of flibanserin in women with hypoactive sexual desire disorder: results from the BEGONIA trial. J Sex Med. 2013;10:1807-15 pubmed publisher..placebo. There were no significant safety concerns associated with the use of flibanserin for 24 weeks. ..
- Matijevic N, Wang Y, Wade C, Holcomb J, Cotton B, Schreiber M, et al. Cellular microparticle and thrombogram phenotypes in the Prospective Observational Multicenter Major Trauma Transfusion (PROMMTT) study: correlation with coagulopathy. Thromb Res. 2014;134:652-8 pubmed publisher..Coagulopathy was associated with lower thrombin peak and rate compared to non-coagulopathic patients, while lower levels of TF-bearing PMPs were associated with substantial bleeding. ..
- Orscheln E, Trout A. Appendiceal diameter: CT versus sonographic measurements. Pediatr Radiol. 2016;46:316-21 pubmed publisher..Measured appendiceal diameter differs between US and CT by 1-2 mm, calling into question use of the same diameter cut-off (6 mm) for both modalities for the diagnosis of appendicitis. ..
- Stripp B, Sawaya P, Luse D, Wikenheiser K, Wert S, Huffman J, et al. cis-acting elements that confer lung epithelial cell expression of the CC10 gene. J Biol Chem. 1992;267:14703-12 pubmed..Lung epithelial specific transcriptional regulatory elements described herein will be useful for expression of chimeric genes within epithelial cells lining the trachea, bronchi, and bronchioles of mice. ..
- Repaske D, Medlej R, Gultekin E, Krishnamani M, Halaby G, Findling J, et al. Heterogeneity in clinical manifestation of autosomal dominant neurohypophyseal diabetes insipidus caused by a mutation encoding Ala-1-->Val in the signal peptide of the arginine vasopressin/neurophysin II/copeptin precursor. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1997;82:51-6 pubmed
- Burnham C, Flagella M, Wang Z, Amlal H, Shull G, Soleimani M. Cloning, renal distribution, and regulation of the rat Na+-HCO3- cotransporter. Am J Physiol. 1998;274:F1119-26 pubmed..In the kidney, NBC-1 is expressed mainly in the proximal tubule, with traces found in medullary thick ascending limb and papilla. HCO3- loading decreased NBC-1 mRNA levels, which were unchanged either by metabolic acidosis or by CDA. ..
- Atit R, Mitchell K, Nguyen L, Warshawsky D, Ratner N. The neurofibromatosis type 1 (Nf1) tumor suppressor is a modifier of carcinogen-induced pigmentation and papilloma formation in C57BL/6 mice. J Invest Dermatol. 2000;114:1093-100 pubmed..The data support a plausible role for NF1 mutation in human epithelial carcinogenesis. ..
- Hennigan R, Stambrook P. Dominant negative c-jun inhibits activation of the cyclin D1 and cyclin E kinase complexes. Mol Biol Cell. 2001;12:2352-63 pubmed..These results suggest a novel function of AP-1 in the activation of the G1 cyclin:cdk complexes in human tumor cells by regulating the expression of the p21(CIP1/WAF1) gene. ..
- Adams B, Vargus Adams J, Franz D, Kinnett D. Hyperhidrosis in pediatric spinal cord injury: a case report and gabapentin therapy. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2002;46:444-6 pubmed..We describe a case of a child with hyperhidrosis from a spinal cord injury and report the first therapeutic use, to our knowledge, of gabapentin for hyperhidrosis. ..
- Biagini R, Smith J, Sammons D, MacKenzie B, Striley C, Robertson S, et al. Development of a sensitivity enhanced multiplexed fluorescence covalent microbead immunosorbent assay (FCMIA) for the measurement of glyphosate, atrazine and metolachlor mercapturate in water and urine. Anal Bioanal Chem. 2004;379:368-74 pubmed
- Heffelfinger S, Yan M, Gear R, Schneider J, LaDow K, Warshawsky D. Inhibition of VEGFR2 prevents DMBA-induced mammary tumor formation. Lab Invest. 2004;84:989-98 pubmed..Invasive disease was absent in all ZD6474 cohorts. These data support the hypothesis that progression of DMBA-induced preinvasive mammary pathologies to palpable disease requires angiogenesis via a VEGF-dependent mechanism. ..
- Clark J, Sharp F. Bilirubin oxidation products (BOXes) and their role in cerebral vasospasm after subarachnoid hemorrhage. J Cereb Blood Flow Metab. 2006;26:1223-33 pubmed
- Ouyang B, Knauf J, Smith E, Zhang L, Ramsey T, Yusuff N, et al. Inhibitors of Raf kinase activity block growth of thyroid cancer cells with RET/PTC or BRAF mutations in vitro and in vivo. Clin Cancer Res. 2006;12:1785-93 pubmed..Compounds that inhibit kinase activity are effective growth inhibitors for poorly differentiated thyroid cancer cell lines with either RET or RAF mutations, and hold promise for treatment of most forms of papillary thyroid carcinoma. ..
- Zhou W, Scott S, Shelton S, Crutcher K. Cathepsin D-mediated proteolysis of apolipoprotein E: possible role in Alzheimer's disease. Neuroscience. 2006;143:689-701 pubmed..These results suggest that aspartic proteases, catD in particular, may be involved in proteolysis of apoE and perhaps contribute to the generation of apoE fragments previously implicated in AD pathology. ..
- Li H, Li E, Neumeier L, Conforti L, Soleimani M. Identification of a novel signal in the cytoplasmic tail of the Na+:HCO3- cotransporter NBC1 that mediates basolateral targeting. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2007;292:F1245-55 pubmed..We propose that the FL motif in the COOH-terminal tail of NBC1 is essential for the targeting of NBC1 to the basolateral membrane but is distinct from the membrane-targeting di-leucine motif identified in other membrane proteins. ..
- Rajan S, Ahmed R, Jagatheesan G, Petrashevskaya N, Boivin G, Urboniene D, et al. Dilated cardiomyopathy mutant tropomyosin mice develop cardiac dysfunction with significantly decreased fractional shortening and myofilament calcium sensitivity. Circ Res. 2007;101:205-14 pubmed..As such, this is the first mouse model in which a mutation in a sarcomeric thin filament protein, specifically TM, leads to DCM. ..
- Crombleholme T, Shera D, Lee H, Johnson M, D ALTON M, Porter F, et al. A prospective, randomized, multicenter trial of amnioreduction vs selective fetoscopic laser photocoagulation for the treatment of severe twin-twin transfusion syndrome. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2007;197:396.e1-9 pubmed..025/point) by logistic regression analysis. The outcome of the trial did not conclusively determine whether AR or SFLP is a superior treatment modality. TTTS cardiomyopathy appears to be an important factor in recipient survival in TTTS. ..
- Bulcao C, Pandalai P, D Souza K, Merrill W, Akhter S. Uncoupling of myocardial beta-adrenergic receptor signaling during coronary artery bypass grafting: the role of GRK2. Ann Thorac Surg. 2008;86:1189-94 pubmed publisher..This may contribute to the greater need for inotropic support in patients with severe ventricular dysfunction. Strategies to inhibit activation of GRK2 during CABG may decrease morbidity in this patient population. ..
- Moreno Fernandez M, Zapata W, Blackard J, Franchini G, Chougnet C. Human regulatory T cells are targets for human immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) infection, and their susceptibility differs depending on the HIV type 1 strain. J Virol. 2009;83:12925-33 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the relative susceptibility of Treg to HIV infection compared to Teff varies, depending on both viral and host factors. These variations may play an important role in HIV pathogenesis. ..
- Waters T. Introduction to ergonomics for healthcare workers. Rehabil Nurs. 2010;35:185-91 pubmed..The article will also explain technological solutions that can be implemented to reduce the risk of work-related MSDs for healthcare workers. ..
- Tariq M, Belmont J, Lalani S, Smolarek T, Ware S. SHROOM3 is a novel candidate for heterotaxy identified by whole exome sequencing. Genome Biol. 2011;12:R91 pubmed publisher..This study reveals the value of SNP genotyping coupled with high-throughput sequencing for identification of high yield candidates for rare disorders with genetic and phenotypic heterogeneity. ..
- Zhang X, Wang X, Zhu H, Kranias E, Tang Y, Peng T, et al. Hsp20 functions as a novel cardiokine in promoting angiogenesis via activation of VEGFR2. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e32765 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our findings demonstrate that Hsp20 serves as a novel cardiokine in regulating myocardial angiogenesis through activation of the VEGFR signaling cascade. ..
- Ruder A, Waters M, Carreon T, Butler M, Calvert G, Davis King K, et al. The Upper Midwest Health Study: industry and occupation of glioma cases and controls. Am J Ind Med. 2012;55:747-55 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest some possible associations but by themselves could not provide conclusive evidence. ..
- Schmidt N, Alloway R, Walsh R, Sadaka B, Shields A, Girnita A, et al. Prospective evaluation of the toxicity profile of proteasome inhibitor-based therapy in renal transplant candidates and recipients. Transplantation. 2012;94:352-61 pubmed..Bortezomib-related toxicities in kidney transplant candidates and recipients are low in incidence and severity and vary based on treatment population. ..
- Schlaudecker E, McNeal M, Dodd C, Ranz J, Steinhoff M. Pregnancy modifies the antibody response to trivalent influenza immunization. J Infect Dis. 2012;206:1670-3 pubmed publisher..The geometric mean ratio (fold increase) for influenza A(H1N1) was nonsignificantly reduced in pregnant participants (P = .089). The percentages of participants who seroconverted and achieved seroprotection were similar between groups. ..
- Burt S, Deddens J, Crombie K, Jin Y, Wurzelbacher S, Ramsey J. A prospective study of carpal tunnel syndrome: workplace and individual risk factors. Occup Environ Med. 2013;70:568-74 pubmed publisher..Time spent in forceful exertion can be a greater risk for CTS than obesity if the job exposure is high. Preventive workplace efforts should target forceful exertions. ..
- Feng Y, Singleton D, Guo C, Gardner A, Pakala S, Kumar R, et al. DNA homologous recombination factor SFR1 physically and functionally interacts with estrogen receptor alpha. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e68075 pubmed publisher..SFR1 differs from SRC1 by the lack of an intrinsic activation function. Taken together, we propose that SFR1 is a novel transcriptional modulator for ER? and a potential target in breast cancer therapy. ..
- Langevin S, O Sullivan M, Valerio J, Pawlita M, Applebaum K, Eliot M, et al. Occupational asbestos exposure is associated with pharyngeal squamous cell carcinoma in men from the greater Boston area. Occup Environ Med. 2013;70:858-63 pubmed publisher..However, studies of asbestos and cancers of the larynx or pharynx with adequate sample size that control for major head and neck squamous cell carcinoma (HNSCC) risk factors remain relatively sparse...
- Regan J, Masters H, Warshak C. Estimation of the growth rate in fetuses with an abnormal cerebroplacental ratio compared to those with suspected growth restriction without evidence of centralization of blood flow. J Ultrasound Med. 2015;34:837-42 pubmed publisher..In contrast, if the cerebroplacental ratio is normal, even in the setting of abnormal umbilical artery Doppler findings, fetuses grow similarly to those with normal umbilical artery findings. ..
- Li B, Ouyang B, Pan H, Reissmann P, Slamon D, Arceci R, et al. Prk, a cytokine-inducible human protein serine/threonine kinase whose expression appears to be down-regulated in lung carcinomas. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:19402-8 pubmed..The molecular cloning of prk cDNA will facilitate the study of its biological role as well as its potential role in tumorigenesis. ..
- Barcia J, Strife C, Langman C. Infantile hypophosphatasia: treatment options to control hypercalcemia, hypercalciuria, and chronic bone demineralization. J Pediatr. 1997;130:825-8 pubmed..Hypercalciuria and bone demineralization abated with chlorothiazide. Hypercalcemia is hypothesized to be related to normal bone resorption in conjunction with impaired bone mineralization. Chlorothiazide may alleviate this impairment. ..
- Rager K, Biro F. Techniques of testing for sexually transmitted diseases. Curr Womens Health Rep. 2001;1:111-5 pubmed..These new modalities should help the care provider identify and manage the large asymptomatic pool of infected patients, and further lower the prevalence and burden of infection. ..
- Tschop M, Castaneda T, Joost H, Thone Reineke C, Ortmann S, Klaus S, et al. Physiology: does gut hormone PYY3-36 decrease food intake in rodents?. Nature. 2004;430:1 p following 165; discussion 2 p following 165 pubmed..The fact that the findings of Batterham et al. cannot easily be replicated calls into question the potential value of an anti-obesity approach that is based on administration of PYY3-36. ..
- Spight D, Zhao B, Haas M, Wert S, Denenberg A, Shanley T. Immunoregulatory effects of regulated, lung-targeted expression of IL-10 in vivo. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2005;288:L251-65 pubmed..Thus regulated, lung-specific IL-10 overexpression may have a variety of complex immunologic effects depending on the timing and duration of expression. ..
- Campo P, Wisnewski A, Lummus Z, Cartier A, Malo J, Boulet L, et al. Diisocyanate conjugate and immunoassay characteristics influence detection of specific antibodies in HDI-exposed workers. Clin Exp Allergy. 2007;37:1095-102 pubmed..Standard test antigens and common immunoassays must be used to minimize inter-laboratory variability. ..
- Glueck C, Freiberg R, Oghene J, Fontaine R, Wang P. Association between the T-786C eNOS polymorphism and idiopathic osteonecrosis of the head of the femur. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2007;89:2460-8 pubmed..Prognostic Level III. See Instructions to Authors for a complete description of levels of evidence. ..
- Sherrill J, Miller W. Desensitization of herpesvirus-encoded G protein-coupled receptors. Life Sci. 2008;82:125-34 pubmed..Here, we review what is currently known regarding viral GPCR desensitization and discuss potential biological ramifications of viral GPCR regulation by the host cell desensitization machinery...
- Fortuna G, Mueller E, James L, Shutter L, Butler K. The impact of preinjury antiplatelet and anticoagulant pharmacotherapy on outcomes in elderly patients with hemorrhagic brain injury. Surgery. 2008;144:598-603; discussion 603-5 pubmed publisher..Significant predictors of death included age, ISS, and GCS (P<.02). Preinjury CAW use in older blunt, HBI patients is not associated with increased mortality. Age was a significant predictor of mortality independent of CAW use. ..
- Birch E, Khoury J, Berseth C, Castañeda Y, Couch J, Bean J, et al. The impact of early nutrition on incidence of allergic manifestations and common respiratory illnesses in children. J Pediatr. 2010;156:902-906.e1 pubmed publisher..006), wheezing/asthma (P = .03), or any allergy (P = .006). DHA/ARA supplementation was associated with delayed onset and reduced incidence of URIs and common allergic diseases up to 3 years of age. ..
- Pandey R, Rani R, Yeo E, Spencer M, Hu S, Lang R, et al. The Eyes Absent phosphatase-transactivator proteins promote proliferation, transformation, migration, and invasion of tumor cells. Oncogene. 2010;29:3715-22 pubmed publisher..Together, our data directly associate the tyrosine phosphatase activity of the EYAs with the oncogenesis-associated cellular properties of motility and invasiveness. ..
- Grom A, Mellins E. Macrophage activation syndrome: advances towards understanding pathogenesis. Curr Opin Rheumatol. 2010;22:561-6 pubmed publisher..Recent advances in understanding of pathophysiologic conditions that favor expansion of hemophagocytic macrophages provide a source of new MAS biomarkers with applicability to clinical practice. ..
- Guo J, Wade T, Pan W, Keller K. School-based health centers: cost-benefit analysis and impact on health care disparities. Am J Public Health. 2010;100:1617-23 pubmed publisher..We estimated that the SBHCs could have saved Medicaid about $35 per student per year. SBHCs are cost beneficial to both the Medicaid system and society, and may close health care disparity gaps. ..
- Houlton J, Donaldson A, Zimmer L, Seiden A. Intranasal drug-induced fungal rhinopharyngitis. Int Forum Allergy Rhinol. 2012;2:130-4 pubmed publisher..Recognizing that this process is primarily fungal in origin is paramount to successful treatment, as most patients respond well to antifungal therapy when compliant with treatment. ..
- Smith T. Management of dancers with symptomatic accessory navicular: 2 case reports. J Orthop Sports Phys Ther. 2012;42:465-73 pubmed publisher..Case report...
- Bernstein D, Bellamy A, Hook E, Levin M, Wald A, Ewell M, et al. Epidemiology, clinical presentation, and antibody response to primary infection with herpes simplex virus type 1 and type 2 in young women. Clin Infect Dis. 2013;56:344-51 pubmed publisher..HSV-1 is now more common than HSV-2 as a cause of oral and genital mucosal infections in young women, but there are important age and race differences. ..
- Prada C, Jousma E, Rizvi T, Wu J, Dunn R, Mayes D, et al. Neurofibroma-associated macrophages play roles in tumor growth and response to pharmacological inhibition. Acta Neuropathol. 2013;125:159-68 pubmed publisher..Once tumors are established, they become tumor permissive. Macrophage depletion may result in impaired tumor maintenance and represent a therapeutic strategy for neurofibroma therapy...
- Mullins T, Griffioen A, Glynn S, Zimet G, Rosenthal S, Fortenberry J, et al. Human papillomavirus vaccine communication: perspectives of 11-12 year-old girls, mothers, and clinicians. Vaccine. 2013;31:4894-901 pubmed publisher..Because girls may be missing important vaccine-related messages, they should be encouraged to actively engage in vaccine discussions. ..
- Jing H, Zhang Q, Zhang Y, Hill B, Dove C, Gelfand E, et al. Somatic reversion in dedicator of cytokinesis 8 immunodeficiency modulates disease phenotype. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2014;133:1667-75 pubmed publisher..These observations support the concept that some DOCK8-immunodeficient patients have mutable mosaic genomes that can modulate disease phenotype over time. ..
- Dong F, Call M, Xia Y, Kao W. Role of EGF receptor signaling on morphogenesis of eyelid and meibomian glands. Exp Eye Res. 2017;163:58-63 pubmed publisher..Herein we review the literature that describe the role of EGFR and its related signaling pathways in eyelid and meibomian gland morphogenesis. ..
- Jamison C, McDowell S, Marlar R, Degen S. Developmental expression of protein C and protein S in the rat. Thromb Res. 1995;78:407-19 pubmed..The expression of Protein S mRNA, however, is surprisingly complex and may include alternative splicing of mRNA to generate the various sizes evident on Northern analysis. ..
- Langland G, Kordich J, Creaney J, Goss K, Lillard Wetherell K, Bebenek K, et al. The Bloom's syndrome protein (BLM) interacts with MLH1 but is not required for DNA mismatch repair. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:30031-5 pubmed..Cell extracts deficient in BLM were competent for DNA mismatch repair. These data suggest that the BLM helicase and MLH1 function together in replication, recombination, or DNA repair events independent of single base mismatch repair. ..
- Jansen H, West C, Lehman M, Padmanabhan V. Ovarian estrogen receptor-beta (ERbeta) regulation: I. Changes in ERbeta messenger RNA expression prior to ovulation in the ewe. Biol Reprod. 2001;65:866-72 pubmed..Lower expression of ERbeta mRNA in >5-mm follicle is suggestive of a down-regulation by the local estrogen milieu. ..
- Bourne N, Pyles R, Bernstein D, Stanberry L. Modification of primary and recurrent genital herpes in guinea pigs by passive immunization. J Gen Virol. 2002;83:2797-801 pubmed..The amount of DNA in the ganglia of As+72-treated animals was not significantly lower than that of controls. These observations have implications for both the dynamics of latency establishment and desirable vaccine characteristics. ..
- Whitsett J, Wert S, Trapnell B. Genetic disorders influencing lung formation and function at birth. Hum Mol Genet. 2004;13 Spec No 2:R207-15 pubmed..Inherited disorders of the surfactant system that affect neonatal respiratory adaptation at birth include hereditary surfactant protein B deficiency, mutations in surfactant protein C and the ABCA3 transporter. ..
- Glauser T. Behavioral and psychiatric adverse events associated with antiepileptic drugs commonly used in pediatric patients. J Child Neurol. 2004;19 Suppl 1:S25-38 pubmed..Moreover, the overwhelming body of data on the behavioral effects of phenobarbital should convince clinicians that, whenever possible, it should not be used as the initial-or even the second-monotherapy in children with epilepsy. ..
- Oka T, Xu J, Molkentin J. Re-employment of developmental transcription factors in adult heart disease. Semin Cell Dev Biol. 2007;18:117-31 pubmed..This review will discuss the transcription factors that regulate the hypertrophic growth response of the adult heart, with a special emphasis on those regulators that participate in cardiac development. ..