Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on hela cells in Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
Locale: Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
Topic: hela cells
- Tarapore P, Hanashiro K, Fukasawa K. Analysis of centrosome localization of BRCA1 and its activity in suppressing centrosomal aster formation. Cell Cycle. 2012;11:2931-46 pubmed publisher..In addition, we identified a new domain of BRCA1 critical for ?-tubulin binding, which confers not only its localization to centrosomes, but also its activity to suppress centrosomal aster formation...
- Langland G, Kordich J, Creaney J, Goss K, Lillard Wetherell K, Bebenek K, et al. The Bloom's syndrome protein (BLM) interacts with MLH1 but is not required for DNA mismatch repair. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:30031-5 pubmed..Cell extracts deficient in BLM were competent for DNA mismatch repair. These data suggest that the BLM helicase and MLH1 function together in replication, recombination, or DNA repair events independent of single base mismatch repair. ..
- Robison J, Dixon K, Bissler J. Cell cycle-and proteasome-dependent formation of etoposide-induced replication protein A (RPA) or Mre11/Rad50/Nbs1 (MRN) complex repair foci. Cell Cycle. 2007;6:2399-407 pubmed..These data suggest that in response to DNA DSBs, cell cycle-preferred repair pathways differentially engage RPA and the MRN complex in repair foci. ..
- Liu C, Glasser S, Wan H, Whitsett J. GATA-6 and thyroid transcription factor-1 directly interact and regulate surfactant protein-C gene expression. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:4519-25 pubmed..GATA-6 influenced the activity of the sp-C promoter, binding and acting synergistically with TTF-1. ..
- Bachurski C, Kelly S, Glasser S, Currier T. Nuclear factor I family members regulate the transcription of surfactant protein-C. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:32759-66 pubmed..These data indicate that NFI family member(s), binding to sites in both the promoter and enhancer regions, regulate SP-C gene expression in a process independent of TTF-1. ..
- Song L, Ponomareva L, Shen H, Duan X, Alimirah F, Choubey D. Interferon-inducible IFI16, a negative regulator of cell growth, down-regulates expression of human telomerase reverse transcriptase (hTERT) gene. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e8569 pubmed publisher..Our observations will serve basis to understand how increased cellular levels of the IFI16 protein may contribute to certain aging-dependent diseases. ..
- Miller M, Andringa A, Dixon K, Carty M. Insights into UV-induced apoptosis: ultrastructure, trichrome stain and spectral imaging. Micron. 2002;33:157-66 pubmed..The results indicate that the interface between the components of the chromatin domain and the interchromatin space is a critical site of caspase activity in apoptosis, and precedes other events such as internucleosomal DNA degradation...
- Park K, Whitsett J, Di Palma T, Hong J, Yaffe M, Zannini M. TAZ interacts with TTF-1 and regulates expression of surfactant protein-C. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:17384-90 pubmed..TAZ binds to TTF-1, increasing the transcriptional activity of TTF-1 on the SP-C promoter. Developmental and cell-selective regulation of TAZ provides a mechanism by which the activity of TTF-1 on target genes is modulated. ..
- Besnard V, Xu Y, Whitsett J. Sterol response element binding protein and thyroid transcription factor-1 (Nkx2.1) regulate Abca3 gene expression. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2007;293:L1395-405 pubmed..Abca3 gene expression is mediated by discrete cis-acting cassettes that mediate pulmonary cell- and lipid-sensitive pathways regulating surfactant homeostasis...
- Robison J, Lu L, Dixon K, Bissler J. DNA lesion-specific co-localization of the Mre11/Rad50/Nbs1 (MRN) complex and replication protein A (RPA) to repair foci. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:12927-34 pubmed
- Robison J, Bissler J, Dixon K. Replication protein A is required for etoposide-induced assembly of MRE11/RAD50/NBS1 complex repair foci. Cell Cycle. 2007;6:2408-16 pubmed..These data support a role for RPA as an initial signal/sensor for DNA damage that facilitates recruitment of MRN and ATM/ATR to sites of damage, where they then work together to fully activate the DNA damage response. ..
- Beauman S, Campos B, Kaetzel M, Dedman J. CyclinB1 expression is elevated and mitosis is delayed in HeLa cells expressing autonomous CaMKII. Cell Signal. 2003;15:1049-57 pubmed..Taken together, these data suggest that constitutive CaMKII may delay mitosis by activating a cell cycle checkpoint. ..
- Goudelock D, Jiang K, Pereira E, Russell B, Sanchez Y. Regulatory interactions between the checkpoint kinase Chk1 and the proteins of the DNA-dependent protein kinase complex. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:29940-7 pubmed..These results indicate a connection between components that regulate the checkpoint pathways and DNA-PK complex proteins, which have a role in the repair of double strand breaks. ..
- Liu Y, Wu X, Dong Z, Lu S. The molecular mechanism of Vav3 oncogene on upregulation of androgen receptor activity in prostate cancer cells. Int J Oncol. 2010;36:623-33 pubmed
- Wang Y, Dean J, Millar E, Tran T, McNeil C, Burd C, et al. Cyclin D1b is aberrantly regulated in response to therapeutic challenge and promotes resistance to estrogen antagonists. Cancer Res. 2008;68:5628-38 pubmed publisher..Combined, these studies indicate that the cyclin D1b protein is aberrantly regulated and could contribute to therapeutic failure in the context of ER-positive breast cancer. ..
- Lee K, Liu Y, Mo J, Zhang J, Dong Z, Lu S. Vav3 oncogene activates estrogen receptor and its overexpression may be involved in human breast cancer. BMC Cancer. 2008;8:158 pubmed publisher..Vav3 complexes with ERalpha and enhances ERalpha activity. These findings suggest that Vav3 overexpression may aberrantly enhance ERalpha-mediated signaling axis and play a role in breast cancer development and/or progression. ..
- Dai Y, Cserjesi P, Markham B, Molkentin J. The transcription factors GATA4 and dHAND physically interact to synergistically activate cardiac gene expression through a p300-dependent mechanism. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:24390-8 pubmed
- Thomas R, Kim J, Revelo Penafiel M, Angel R, Dawson D, Lowy A. The chemokine receptor CXCR4 is expressed in pancreatic intraepithelial neoplasia. Gut. 2008;57:1555-60 pubmed publisher..Further studies that define the role of CXCR4 signalling in PanIN progression will determine if CXCR4 could serve as a novel target for chemoprevention and early stage therapy in pancreatic cancer. ..
- Singh T, Ali A, Busygina V, Raynard S, Fan Q, Du C, et al. BLAP18/RMI2, a novel OB-fold-containing protein, is an essential component of the Bloom helicase-double Holliday junction dissolvasome. Genes Dev. 2008;22:2856-68 pubmed publisher..Finally, BLAP18/RMI2 stimulates the dHJ resolution capability of the BTB complex. Together, these results establish BLAP18/RMI2 as an essential member of the BTB dHJ dissolvasome that is required for the maintenance of a stable genome. ..
- Jacobson E, Yang H, Menconi F, Wang R, Osman R, Skrabanek L, et al. Employing a recombinant HLA-DR3 expression system to dissect major histocompatibility complex II-thyroglobulin peptide dynamism: a genetic, biochemical, and reverse immunological perspective. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:34231-43 pubmed publisher..Our study suggests that interactions between Tg and discrete HLA-DR pocket signatures contribute to the initiation of AITD. ..
- Wang F, Stewart J, Kasbek C, Zhao Y, Wright W, Price C. Human CST has independent functions during telomere duplex replication and C-strand fill-in. Cell Rep. 2012;2:1096-103 pubmed publisher..They also demonstrate that STN1/CST participates in two mechanistically separate steps during telomere replication and identify CST as a replication factor that solves diverse replication-associated problems. ..
- Wise Draper T, Allen H, Thobe M, Jones E, Habash K, Munger K, et al. The human DEK proto-oncogene is a senescence inhibitor and an upregulated target of high-risk human papillomavirus E7. J Virol. 2005;79:14309-17 pubmed..Taken together, our results suggest that DEK upregulation may be a common event in human carcinogenesis and may reflect its senescence inhibitory function. ..
- Besnard V, Wert S, Kaestner K, Whitsett J. Stage-specific regulation of respiratory epithelial cell differentiation by Foxa1. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2005;289:L750-9 pubmed
- Besnard V, Wert S, Hull W, Whitsett J. Immunohistochemical localization of Foxa1 and Foxa2 in mouse embryos and adult tissues. Gene Expr Patterns. 2004;5:193-208 pubmed..Colocalization and distinct sites of expression of Foxa1 and Foxa2 indicate unique as well as overlapping roles of Foxa1 or Foxa2 during morphogenesis and in the function of different adult organs. ..
- Bahassi E, Hennigan R, Myer D, Stambrook P. Cdc25C phosphorylation on serine 191 by Plk3 promotes its nuclear translocation. Oncogene. 2004;23:2658-63 pubmed..These results support a role for the polo kinases in coordinating the translocation and perhaps the timing of both Cdc25C and its target Cdc2/cyclin B to the nucleus upon entry into mitosis. ..
- Jeffries S, Robbins D, Capobianco A. Characterization of a high-molecular-weight Notch complex in the nucleus of Notch(ic)-transformed RKE cells and in a human T-cell leukemia cell line. Mol Cell Biol. 2002;22:3927-41 pubmed..3) translocation and constitutively express N(ic). Taken together, our data indicate that complex formation is likely required for neoplastic transformation by Notch(ic)...
- Bruno M, Korfhagen T, Liu C, Morrisey E, Whitsett J. GATA-6 activates transcription of surfactant protein A. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:1043-9 pubmed..GATA-6 is expressed in respiratory epithelial cells and binds to a cis-acting element in the SP-A gene promoter, activating the transcriptional activity of the gene. ..
- Zernik Kobak M, Vasunia K, Connelly M, Anderson C, Dixon K. Sites of UV-induced phosphorylation of the p34 subunit of replication protein A from HeLa cells. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:23896-904 pubmed..The capacity of purified DNA-PK to phosphorylate many of these same sites on RPA-p34 in vitro implicates DNA-PK or a kinase with similar specificity in the UV-induced hyperphosphorylation of RPA in vivo. ..
- Singh T, Ali A, Paramasivam M, Pradhan A, Wahengbam K, Seidman M, et al. ATR-dependent phosphorylation of FANCM at serine 1045 is essential for FANCM functions. Cancer Res. 2013;73:4300-10 pubmed publisher..Overall, our data suggest that an ATR-FANCM feedback loop is present in the FA and replication stress response pathways and that it is required for both efficient ATR/CHK1 checkpoint activation and FANCM function. ..
- Bedard J, Haaning A, Ware S. Identification of a novel ZIC3 isoform and mutation screening in patients with heterotaxy and congenital heart disease. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e23755 pubmed publisher..Screening 109 familial and sporadic male heterotaxy cases did not identify pathogenic mutations in the newly identified fourth exon and larger studies are necessary to establish the importance of the novel isoform in human disease. ..
- Pradhan A, Singh T, Ali A, Wahengbam K, Meetei A. Monopolar spindle 1 (MPS1) protein-dependent phosphorylation of RecQ-mediated genome instability protein 2 (RMI2) at serine 112 is essential for BLM-Topo III ?-RMI1-RMI2 (BTR) protein complex function upon spindle assembly checkpoint (SAC) activation. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:33500-8 pubmed publisher..Overall, this study suggests that the phosphorylation of the BTR complex is essential to maintain a stable genome. ..
- Bruno M, Bohinski R, Huelsman K, Whitsett J, Korfhagen T. Lung cell-specific expression of the murine surfactant protein A (SP-A) gene is mediated by interactions between the SP-A promoter and thyroid transcription factor-1. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:6531-6 pubmed..TTF-1 interacts with complex protein/DNA binding sites located in the 5'-flanking region of the murine SP-A gene enhancing lung epithelial cell-specific expression in vitro. ..
- Fan Q, Zhang F, Barrett B, Ren K, Andreassen P. A role for monoubiquitinated FANCD2 at telomeres in ALT cells. Nucleic Acids Res. 2009;37:1740-54 pubmed publisher..Thus, the FA pathway has a novel function in ALT telomere maintenance related to DNA repair. ALT telomere maintenance is therefore one mechanism by which monoubiquitinated FANCD2 may promote genetic stability. ..
- Maeda Y, Suzuki T, Pan X, Chen G, Pan S, Bartman T, et al. CUL2 is required for the activity of hypoxia-inducible factor and vasculogenesis. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:16084-92 pubmed publisher..Taken together, CUL2 is required for normal vasculogenesis, at least in part mediated by its regulation of HIF-mediated transcription. ..
- Matsuzaki Y, Besnard V, Clark J, Xu Y, Wert S, Ikegami M, et al. STAT3 regulates ABCA3 expression and influences lamellar body formation in alveolar type II cells. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2008;38:551-8 pubmed..ABCA3 expression is regulated by IL-6 in a pathway that includes STAT3, PI3K, AKT, SCAP, and SREBP. Activation of STAT3 after exposure to IL-6 enhances ABCA3 expression, which, in turn, influences pulmonary surfactant homeostasis...
- Dave V, Childs T, Whitsett J. Nuclear factor of activated T cells regulates transcription of the surfactant protein D gene (Sftpd) via direct interaction with thyroid transcription factor-1 in lung epithelial cells. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:34578-88 pubmed..Components of the calcineurin/NFAT pathway were identified in respiratory epithelial cells of the lung that potentially augment rapid assembly of a multiprotein transcription complex on Sftpd promoter inducing SP-D expression. ..
- Tokuyama Y, Horn H, Kawamura K, Tarapore P, Fukasawa K. Specific phosphorylation of nucleophosmin on Thr(199) by cyclin-dependent kinase 2-cyclin E and its role in centrosome duplication. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:21529-37 pubmed
- Glasser S, Burhans M, Eszterhas S, Bruno M, Korfhagen T. Human SP-C gene sequences that confer lung epithelium-specific expression in transgenic mice. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2000;278:L933-45 pubmed..These results suggest that the TTF-1 cis-active sites are important in directing cell-specific expression of the SP-C gene in vivo...
- Zhang D, Jiang P, Xu Q, Zhang X. Arginine and glutamate-rich 1 (ARGLU1) interacts with mediator subunit 1 (MED1) and is required for estrogen receptor-mediated gene transcription and breast cancer cell growth. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:17746-54 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results establish ARGLU1 as a new MED1-interacting protein required for estrogen-dependent gene transcription and breast cancer cell growth. ..
- Bedard J, Purnell J, Ware S. Nuclear import and export signals are essential for proper cellular trafficking and function of ZIC3. Hum Mol Genet. 2007;16:187-98 pubmed
- Guan M, Yan Q, Li X, Bykhovskaya Y, Gallo Teran J, Hajek P, et al. Mutation in TRMU related to transfer RNA modification modulates the phenotypic expression of the deafness-associated mitochondrial 12S ribosomal RNA mutations. Am J Hum Genet. 2006;79:291-302 pubmed..These findings indicate that the mutated TRMU, acting as a modifier factor, modulates the phenotypic manifestation of the deafness-associated 12S rRNA mutations. ..