Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on dna replication in Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
Locale: Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
Topic: dna replication
- Singh T, Ali A, Paramasivam M, Pradhan A, Wahengbam K, Seidman M, et al. ATR-dependent phosphorylation of FANCM at serine 1045 is essential for FANCM functions. Cancer Res. 2013;73:4300-10 pubmed publisher..Overall, our data suggest that an ATR-FANCM feedback loop is present in the FA and replication stress response pathways and that it is required for both efficient ATR/CHK1 checkpoint activation and FANCM function. ..
- Lo Y, Ho P, Chen M, Hugo E, Ben Jonathan N, Wang S. Phosphorylation at tyrosine 114 of Proliferating Cell Nuclear Antigen (PCNA) is required for adipogenesis in response to high fat diet. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;430:43-8 pubmed publisher..This study identifies a critical role for PCNA in adipose tissue development, and for the first time identifies a role of the core DNA replication machinery at the interface between proliferation and differentiation. ..
- Stewart J, Wang F, Chaiken M, Kasbek C, Chastain P, Wright W, et al. Human CST promotes telomere duplex replication and general replication restart after fork stalling. EMBO J. 2012;31:3537-49 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that CST rescues stalled replication forks during conditions of replication stress, such as those found at natural replication barriers, likely by facilitating dormant origin firing...
- Wyder M, Johnston L, Kaneshiro E. Evidence for DNA synthesis in Pneumocystis carinii trophozoites treated with the beta-1,3-glucan synthesis inhibitor pneumocandin L-693,989. J Eukaryot Microbiol. 2010;57:447-8 pubmed publisher..Fluorescence intensities of trophozoite nuclei from drug-treated rats were greater than those of untreated controls, suggesting that DNA replication was not inhibited but that cytokinesis and perhaps karyokinesis were blocked...
- Singh T, Ali A, Busygina V, Raynard S, Fan Q, Du C, et al. BLAP18/RMI2, a novel OB-fold-containing protein, is an essential component of the Bloom helicase-double Holliday junction dissolvasome. Genes Dev. 2008;22:2856-68 pubmed publisher..Finally, BLAP18/RMI2 stimulates the dHJ resolution capability of the BTB complex. Together, these results establish BLAP18/RMI2 as an essential member of the BTB dHJ dissolvasome that is required for the maintenance of a stable genome. ..
- Caldwell J, Chen Y, Schollaert K, Theis J, Babcock G, Newlon C, et al. Orchestration of the S-phase and DNA damage checkpoint pathways by replication forks from early origins. J Cell Biol. 2008;180:1073-86 pubmed publisher..Thus, oncogene-mediated deregulation of cyclins in the early stages of cancer development could contribute to genomic instability through a deficiency in the forks required to establish the S-phase checkpoint. ..
- Wang I, Meliton L, Tretiakova M, Costa R, Kalinichenko V, Kalin T. Transgenic expression of the forkhead box M1 transcription factor induces formation of lung tumors. Oncogene. 2008;27:4137-49 pubmed publisher..In co-transfection experiments, Foxm1 protein-induced Cox-2 promoter activity and directly bound to the -2566/-2580 bp region of human Cox-2 promoter. ..
- Price C. wRAPing up the end to prevent telomere fusions. Mol Cell. 2007;26:463-4 pubmed
- Zhang J, Dong M, Li L, Fan Y, Pathre P, Dong J, et al. Endonuclease G is required for early embryogenesis and normal apoptosis in mice. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003;100:15782-7 pubmed..These findings indicate that EndoG is essential during early embryogenesis and plays a critical role in normal apoptosis and nuclear DNA fragmentation. ..
- Kalin T, Ustiyan V, Kalinichenko V. Multiple faces of FoxM1 transcription factor: lessons from transgenic mouse models. Cell Cycle. 2011;10:396-405 pubmed..Novel cell-autonomous roles of FoxM1 in embryonic development, organ injury and cancer formation in vivo were analyzed. Potential application of these findings for the diagnosis and treatment of human diseases were discussed. ..
- Wang F, Stewart J, Kasbek C, Zhao Y, Wright W, Price C. Human CST has independent functions during telomere duplex replication and C-strand fill-in. Cell Rep. 2012;2:1096-103 pubmed publisher..They also demonstrate that STN1/CST participates in two mechanistically separate steps during telomere replication and identify CST as a replication factor that solves diverse replication-associated problems. ..