Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on xenopus proteins in Chapel Hill, North Carolina, United States
Locale: Chapel Hill, North Carolina, United States
Topic: xenopus proteins
- Zheng L, Dominski Z, Yang X, Elms P, Raska C, Borchers C, et al. Phosphorylation of stem-loop binding protein (SLBP) on two threonines triggers degradation of SLBP, the sole cell cycle-regulated factor required for regulation of histone mRNA processing, at the end of S phase. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:1590-601 pubmed
- Sar F, Lindsey Boltz L, Subramanian D, Croteau D, Hutsell S, Griffith J, et al. Human claspin is a ring-shaped DNA-binding protein with high affinity to branched DNA structures. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:39289-95 pubmed
- Christine K, Conlon F. Vertebrate CASTOR is required for differentiation of cardiac precursor cells at the ventral midline. Dev Cell. 2008;14:616-23 pubmed publisher..These midline-specific requirements for CST suggest the regulation of cardiomyocyte differentiation is regionalized along a dorsal-ventral axis and that this patterning occurs prior to heart tube formation...
- Garcia Caballero A, Rasmussen J, Gaillard E, Watson M, Olsen J, Donaldson S, et al. SPLUNC1 regulates airway surface liquid volume by protecting ENaC from proteolytic cleavage. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:11412-7 pubmed publisher..Thus, we propose that SPLUNC1 is secreted onto mucosal surfaces as a soluble volume sensor whose concentration and dilution can regulate ENaC activity and mucosal volumes, including that of airway surface liquid. ..
- Tandon P, Miteva Y, Kuchenbrod L, Cristea I, Conlon F. Tcf21 regulates the specification and maturation of proepicardial cells. Development. 2013;140:2409-21 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these studies lead us to propose that Tcf21 functions as a transcriptional repressor to regulate proepicardial cell specification and the correct formation of a mature epithelial epicardium. ..