Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on sodium in Durham, North Carolina, United States
Locale: Durham, North Carolina, United States
- Grodin J, Gallup D, Anstrom K, Felker G, Chen H, Tang W. Implications of Alternative Hepatorenal Prognostic Scoring Systems in Acute Heart Failure (from DOSE-AHF and ROSE-AHF). Am J Cardiol. 2017;119:2003-2009 pubmed publisher..However, MELD-Na and MELD-XI were not predictive of 60-day clinical events. ..
- Hall R, Premont R, Chow C, Blitzer J, Pitcher J, Claing A, et al. The beta2-adrenergic receptor interacts with the Na+/H+-exchanger regulatory factor to control Na+/H+ exchange. Nature. 1998;392:626-30 pubmed..Our findings indicate that agonist-dependent beta2-adrenergic receptor binding of NHERF plays a role in beta2-adrenergic receptor-mediated regulation of Na+/H+ exchange. ..
- Gurley S, Riquier Brison A, Schnermann J, Sparks M, Allen A, Haase V, et al. AT1A angiotensin receptors in the renal proximal tubule regulate blood pressure. Cell Metab. 2011;13:469-475 pubmed publisher..Thus, effectively targeting epithelial functions of the proximal tubule of the kidney should be a useful therapeutic strategy in hypertension. ..
- McNulty A, Vail T, Kraus V. Chondrocyte transport and concentration of ascorbic acid is mediated by SVCT2. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2005;1712:212-21 pubmed..Thus, we provide the first evidence that SVCT2 mediates the secondary active and concentrative transport of ascorbic acid in human chondrocytes. ..
- Cann M. A subset of GAF domains are evolutionarily conserved sodium sensors. Mol Microbiol. 2007;64:461-72 pubmed..CyaB1 and CyaB2 are the first identified directly Na(+)-responsive signalling molecules that function in sodium homeostasis and we propose a subset of GAF domains underpin an evolutionarily conserved Na(+) signalling mechanism. ..
- Lowry D, Hall M, Salt D, Willis J. Genetic and physiological basis of adaptive salt tolerance divergence between coastal and inland Mimulus guttatus. New Phytol. 2009;183:776-88 pubmed publisher..Physiological results are consistent with adaptation of coastal populations to salt spray and soil salinity. Field results suggest that there may not be trade-offs across habitats for alleles involved in local salt spray adaptations...
- Fremeau R, Caron M, Blakely R. Molecular cloning and expression of a high affinity L-proline transporter expressed in putative glutamatergic pathways of rat brain. Neuron. 1992;8:915-26 pubmed..These findings support a synaptic role for L-proline in specific excitatory pathways in the CNS. ..
- Buckley B, Whorton A. Adaptive responses to peroxynitrite: increased glutathione levels and cystine uptake in vascular cells. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2000;279:C1168-76 pubmed..In summary, vascular cells respond to chronic peroxynitrite exposure with adaptive increases in cellular glutathione and cystine transport...
- Wang C, Hennessey J, Kirkton R, Wang C, Graham V, Puranam R, et al. Fibroblast growth factor homologous factor 13 regulates Na+ channels and conduction velocity in murine hearts. Circ Res. 2011;109:775-82 pubmed publisher..5 loss-of-function mutations. ..
- Pablo J, Wang C, Presby M, Pitt G. Polarized localization of voltage-gated Na+ channels is regulated by concerted FGF13 and FGF14 action. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016;113:E2665-74 pubmed publisher..Thus, our data show how the concerted actions of FGF13 and FGF14 regulate the polarized localization of VGSCs that supports efficient action potential initiation. ..