Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on rats in Durham, North Carolina, United States
Locale: Durham, North Carolina, United States
Publications311 found, 100 shown here
- Yang R, Newgard C. Hepatic expression of a targeting subunit of protein phosphatase-1 in streptozotocin-diabetic rats reverses hyperglycemia and hyperphagia despite depressed glucokinase expression. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:23418-25 pubmed
- Schanberg S, Ingledue V, Lee J, Hannun Y, Bartolome J. PKC alpha mediates maternal touch regulation of growth-related gene expression in infant rats. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2003;28:1026-30 pubmed..Also, it could provide a basis for developing therapeutic interventions to maximize growth potential in children failing-to-thrive despite normal maternal care. ..
- Reidy M, Wright J. Surfactant protein A enhances apoptotic cell uptake and TGF-beta1 release by inflammatory alveolar macrophages. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2003;285:L854-61 pubmed..These findings support the hypothesis that SP-A promotes the resolution of alveolar inflammation. ..
- Abdel Rahman A, Dechkovskaia A, Mehta Simmons H, Sutton J, Guan X, Khan W, et al. Maternal exposure to nicotine and chlorpyrifos, alone and in combination, leads to persistently elevated expression of glial fibrillary acidic protein in the cerebellum of the offspring in late puberty. Arch Toxicol. 2004;78:467-76 pubmed..Also, nicotine caused a decrease in the surviving neurons and an increased expression of GFAP in cerebellar white matter of the offspring on PND 60. These changes can lead to long-term neurological adverse health effects later in life. ..
- Pi M, Quarles L. A novel cation-sensing mechanism in osteoblasts is a molecular target for strontium. J Bone Miner Res. 2004;19:862-9 pubmed..These findings are consistent with strontium activation of a novel Galphaq-coupled extracellular cation-sensing receptor in osteoblasts with distinct cation specificity. ..
- Wong M, Erdmann D, Sweis R, Pöllmann C, Farrar M, Georgiade G, et al. Basic fibroblast growth factor expression following surgical delay of rat transverse rectus abdominis myocutaneous flaps. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2004;113:2030-6 pubmed..Further investigation is needed to evaluate the role bFGF may play in the delay phenomenon...
- Rabbani Z, Salahuddin F, Yarmolenko P, Batinic Haberle I, Thrasher B, Gauter Fleckenstein B, et al. Low molecular weight catalytic metalloporphyrin antioxidant AEOL 10150 protects lungs from fractionated radiation. Free Radic Res. 2007;41:1273-82 pubmed..Administration of AEOL10150 at 5 mg/kg BID during and after RT results in a significant protective effect from long-term RT-induced lung injury. Low dose (2.5 mg/kg BID) delivery of AEOL10150 has no beneficial radioprotective effects. ..
- Koves T, Ussher J, Noland R, Slentz D, Mosedale M, Ilkayeva O, et al. Mitochondrial overload and incomplete fatty acid oxidation contribute to skeletal muscle insulin resistance. Cell Metab. 2008;7:45-56 pubmed publisher..These findings reveal a strong connection between skeletal muscle insulin resistance and lipid-induced mitochondrial stress. ..
- Batinic Haberle I, Benov L. An SOD mimic protects NADP+-dependent isocitrate dehydrogenase against oxidative inactivation. Free Radic Res. 2008;42:618-24 pubmed publisher..Statistically significant decrease of ICD activity was found in the hearts of diabetic rats. MnTM-2-PyP(5+) protected ICD in both models. ..
- Lin M, Marshall C, Qi Y, Johnston S, Badea C, Piantadosi C, et al. Quantitative blood flow measurements in the small animal cardiopulmonary system using digital subtraction angiography. Med Phys. 2009;36:5347-58 pubmed..90 x CODSA = COFick. This calibrated DSA approach allows repeated simultaneous visualization of vasculature and measurement of blood flow dynamics on a regional level in the living rat. ..
- Choi S, Witek R, Yang L, Omenetti A, Syn W, Moylan C, et al. Activation of Rac1 promotes hedgehog-mediated acquisition of the myofibroblastic phenotype in rat and human hepatic stellate cells. Hepatology. 2010;52:278-90 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate that interactions between Rac1 and the Hh pathway control the size of MF-HSC populations and have important implications for the pathogenesis of cirrhosis. ..
- Wang H, Wang C, Pitt G. Rem2-targeted shRNAs reduce frequency of miniature excitatory postsynaptic currents without altering voltage-gated Ca²? currents. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e25741 pubmed publisher..In addition, our results reveal a surprising lack of contribution of VGCCs to synaptogenesis during early development in cultured hippocampal neurons. ..
- Mair R, Lacourse D. Radio-frequency lesions of the thalamus produce delayed-nonmatching-to-sample impairments comparable to pyrithiamine-induced encephalopathy in rats. Behav Neurosci. 1992;106:634-45 pubmed..Fornix lesions produced significant DNMTS deficits that were substantially smaller than for the L-IML group. The MT, MB, and MT+MB treatments had no significant effect on DNMTS...
- Bissette G, Dauer W, Kilts C, O CONNOR L, Nemeroff C. The effect of the stereoisomers of butaclamol on neurotensin content in discrete regions of the rat brain. Neuropsychopharmacology. 1988;1:329-35 pubmed
- El Mestikawy S, Giros B, Pohl M, Hamon M, Kingsmore S, Seldin M, et al. Characterization of an atypical member of the Na+/Cl(-)-dependent transporter family: chromosomal localization and distribution in GABAergic and glutamatergic neurons in the rat brain. J Neurochem. 1994;62:445-55 pubmed..The gene encoding for XT1 is localized to the mouse chromosome 3 in the vicinity of the locus for the mouse neurological disorder spastic (spa). ..
- Levin E, Christopher N, Weaver T, Moore J, Brucato F. Ventral hippocampal ibotenic acid lesions block chronic nicotine-induced spatial working memory improvement in rats. Brain Res Cogn Brain Res. 1999;7:405-10 pubmed..Thus it appears that it is the postsynaptic nicotinic receptors in the ventral hippocampus which are critically important for the expression of the chronic nicotine induced working memory improvement. ..
- Bartolome J, Wang S, Schanberg S, Bartolome M. Involvement of c-myc and max in CNS beta-endorphin modulation of hepatic ornithine decarboxylase responsiveness to insulin in rat pups. Life Sci. 1999;64:PL87-91 pubmed
- Richardson R, Pridgen B, Haribabu B, Snyderman R. Regulation of the human chemokine receptor CCR1. Cross-regulation by CXCR1 and CXCR2. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:9201-8 pubmed..Since many chemokines activate multiple chemokine receptors, selective cross-regulation among such receptors may play a role in their immunomodulation. ..
- Abu Qare A, Abdel Rahman A, Brownie C, Kishk A, Abou Donia M. Inhibition of cholinesterase enzymes following a single dermal dose of chlorpyrifos and methyl parathion, alone and in combination, in pregnant rats. J Toxicol Environ Health A. 2001;63:173-89 pubmed..The faster recovery of fetal plasma BuChE is attributed to the de novo synthesis of cholinesterase by fetal tissues compared to maternal tissues. ..
- Danzer S, Crooks K, Lo D, McNamara J. Increased expression of brain-derived neurotrophic factor induces formation of basal dendrites and axonal branching in dentate granule cells in hippocampal explant cultures. J Neurosci. 2002;22:9754-63 pubmed..Thus increased expression of BDNF within DGCs is sufficient to induce these morphological plasticities, which may represent one mechanism by which BDNF promotes limbic epileptogenesis. ..
- Liu L, Simon S. Modulation of IA currents by capsaicin in rat trigeminal ganglion neurons. J Neurophysiol. 2003;89:1387-401 pubmed..That activation, partially through the activation of cGMP-PKG and calmodulin-dependent pathways should result in increased excitability of capsaicin-sensitive nociceptors. ..
- Parker M, Zhao S, Bredt D, Sanes J, Feng G. PSD93 regulates synaptic stability at neuronal cholinergic synapses. J Neurosci. 2004;24:378-88 pubmed..In addition, these results suggest that the mechanism of postsynaptic scaffolding is conserved between neuronal cholinergic and glutamatergic synapses. ..
- Viglianti B, Abraham S, Michelich C, Yarmolenko P, MacFall J, Bally M, et al. In vivo monitoring of tissue pharmacokinetics of liposome/drug using MRI: illustration of targeted delivery. Magn Reson Med. 2004;51:1153-62 pubmed..Additionally, the drug-loading method used for this liposome is applicable to a wide range of drugs, thereby broadening its applicability. The method is also applicable to other liposomal formulations with triggered release mechanisms. ..
- Lewis D. Losing neurons: selective vulnerability and mesial temporal sclerosis. Epilepsia. 2005;46 Suppl 7:39-44 pubmed..It is not known if this pathophysiological sequence occurs in humans. Lastly, there appears to be a strong genetic component that predisposes some individuals to MTS, regardless of whether they experience an IPI. ..
- Slotkin T, Tate C, Cousins M, Seidler F. Imbalances emerge in cardiac autonomic cell signaling after neonatal exposure to terbutaline or chlorpyrifos, alone or in combination. Brain Res Dev Brain Res. 2005;160:219-30 pubmed
- Du W, McMahon T, Zhang Z, Stiber J, Meissner G, Eu J. Excitation-contraction coupling in airway smooth muscle. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:30143-51 pubmed..Collectively, our data implicate that EC-coupling mechanisms in striated muscles may also broadly transduce diverse smooth muscle functions. ..
- Walker Q, Williams C, Jotwani R, Waller S, Francis R, Kuhn C. Sex differences in the neurochemical and functional effects of MDMA in Sprague-Dawley rats. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2007;189:435-45 pubmed..MDMA elicits substantially greater locomotor activation in female rats than in males, but persistent effects on anxiety and serotonin content were similar in males and females. ..
- Granillo O, Brahmajothi M, Li S, Whorton A, Mason S, McMahon T, et al. Pulmonary alveolar epithelial uptake of S-nitrosothiols is regulated by L-type amino acid transporter. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2008;295:L38-43 pubmed publisher..This was unaffected by PEPT2 inhibition. We conclude that RSNOs (thionitrites, S-nitrosothiols) and NO enter alveolar epithelial cells predominantly by S-nitrosation of L-Cys, which is then imported through LAT. ..
- Kim H, Robinson S, Csaky K. Investigating the movement of intravitreal human serum albumin nanoparticles in the vitreous and retina. Pharm Res. 2009;26:329-37 pubmed publisher..The Müller cells might play an important role in the retinal penetration of nanoparticles. The anionic HSA-NP is a promising drug or gene delivery carrier to the sub-retinal space and RPE. ..
- Lassiter T, Ryde I, Levin E, Seidler F, Slotkin T. Neonatal exposure to parathion alters lipid metabolism in adulthood: Interactions with dietary fat intake and implications for neurodevelopmental deficits. Brain Res Bull. 2010;81:85-91 pubmed publisher..Our results are consistent with impaired fat utilization and prediabetes, as well as exposing a potential relationship between effects on fat metabolism and on synaptic function in the brain. ..
- Ding D, Kanaly C, Bigner D, Cummings T, Herndon J, Pastan I, et al. Convection-enhanced delivery of free gadolinium with the recombinant immunotoxin MR1-1. J Neurooncol. 2010;98:1-7 pubmed publisher..Our data supports the use of Gd-DTPA, as a surrogate tracer, co-infused with MR1-1 for drug distribution monitoring in patients with GBM. ..
- Patterson M, Szatmari E, Yasuda R. AMPA receptors are exocytosed in stimulated spines and adjacent dendrites in a Ras-ERK-dependent manner during long-term potentiation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:15951-6 pubmed publisher..Thus, diffusive Ras-ERK signaling presumably serves as an important means for signaling from synapses to dendritic shafts to recruit AMPA receptors into synapses during LTP. ..
- Green M, Scott J, Steel R, Oakhill J, Kemp B, Means A. Ca2+/Calmodulin-dependent protein kinase kinase beta is regulated by multisite phosphorylation. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:28066-79 pubmed publisher..Finally, we demonstrate that appropriate phosphorylation of CaMKK? is critical for its role in neurite development. These results reveal a novel regulatory mechanism for CaMKK?-dependent signaling cascades. ..
- Gingrich J, Andersen P, Tiberi M, El Mestikawy S, Jorgensen P, Fremeau R, et al. Identification, characterization, and molecular cloning of a novel transporter-like protein localized to the central nervous system. FEBS Lett. 1992;312:115-22 pubmed..Based on its structure and properties, p87 appears to define a new class of transporter-like proteins. ..
- Somkuti S, Abou Donia M. Disposition, elimination, and metabolism of tri-o-cresyl phosphate following daily oral administration in Fischer 344 male rats. Arch Toxicol. 1990;64:572-9 pubmed..These results may account for testicular toxicity in rats given daily oral administrations of TOCP but not following a single oral dose. ..
- Abou Donia M, Lapadula D, Suwita E. Cytoskeletal proteins as targets for organophosphorus compound and aliphatic hexacarbon-induced neurotoxicity. Toxicology. 1988;49:469-77 pubmed..This treatment also decreased protein phosphorylation of neurofilament proteins as well as MAP-2. These studies demonstrate the involvement of cytoskeletal proteins in the molecular pathogenesis of chemical-induced neurotoxicity. ..
- Stamler J, Jia L, Eu J, McMahon T, Demchenko I, Bonaventura J, et al. Blood flow regulation by S-nitrosohemoglobin in the physiological oxygen gradient. Science. 1997;276:2034-7 pubmed..By thus sensing the physiological oxygen gradient in tissues, hemoglobin exploits conformation-associated changes in the position of cysteinebeta93 SNO to bring local blood flow into line with oxygen requirements. ..
- Xiao Z, Thomas R, Hinson T, Quarles L. Genomic structure and isoform expression of the mouse, rat and human Cbfa1/Osf2 transcription factor. Gene. 1998;214:187-97 pubmed..Thus, the alternative use of transcription start sites and splicing leads to the genesis of CBFA1/Cbfa1 isoforms with possible differences in transactivation potentials. ..
- Kanipes M, Hill J, Henry S. The Schizosaccharomyces pombe cho1+ gene encodes a phospholipid methyltransferase. Genetics. 1998;150:553-62 pubmed..pombe cho1 mutants. These results suggest that both the structure and function of the phospholipid N-methyltransferases are broadly conserved among eukaryotic organisms. ..
- Wang C, Wilson W, Moore S. Role of NMDA, non-NMDA, and GABA receptors in signal propagation in the amygdala formation. J Neurophysiol. 2001;86:1422-9 pubmed
- Wisniewski N, Klitzman B, Miller B, Reichert W. Decreased analyte transport through implanted membranes: differentiation of biofouling from tissue effects. J Biomed Mater Res. 2001;57:513-21 pubmed..These results suggested that future material developments for biosensors should be directed at understanding and modifying transport properties of tissues at the implant site. ..
- Arcasoy M, Amin K, Karayal A, Chou S, Raleigh J, Varia M, et al. Functional significance of erythropoietin receptor expression in breast cancer. Lab Invest. 2002;82:911-8 pubmed..These studies demonstrate the expression of functional receptors for EPO in breast cancer cells. ..
- White R, Shan S, Rusconi C, Shetty G, Dewhirst M, Kontos C, et al. Inhibition of rat corneal angiogenesis by a nuclease-resistant RNA aptamer specific for angiopoietin-2. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003;100:5028-33 pubmed..These in vivo data directly demonstrate that a specific inhibitor of Ang2 can act as an antiangiogenic agent. ..
- Simon S, Liu L, Erickson R. Neuropeptides modulate rat chorda tympani responses. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2003;284:R1494-505 pubmed..Peptide-induced CT responses to quinine HCl or sucrose were too small to accurately detect. These data suggest that at short latencies, after local infusion via the LA, neuropeptides can alter CT responses in a peptide-specific manner. ..
- Devalapalli A, Lesher A, Shieh K, Solow J, Everett M, Edala A, et al. Increased levels of IgE and autoreactive, polyreactive IgG in wild rodents: implications for the hygiene hypothesis. Scand J Immunol. 2006;64:125-36 pubmed
- Ronnebaum S, Ilkayeva O, Burgess S, Joseph J, Lu D, Stevens R, et al. A pyruvate cycling pathway involving cytosolic NADP-dependent isocitrate dehydrogenase regulates glucose-stimulated insulin secretion. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:30593-602 pubmed..Based on these studies, we propose that a pyruvate cycling pathway involving ICDc plays an important role in control of GSIS. ..
- Marion S, Fralish G, Laporte S, Caron M, Barak L. N-terminal tyrosine modulation of the endocytic adaptor function of the beta-arrestins. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:18937-44 pubmed..Additionally, these naturally occurring variations in beta-arrestins may also differentially regulate the composition of the signaling complexes organized on the receptor. ..
- Slotkin T, Ryde I, Levin E, Seidler F. Developmental neurotoxicity of low dose diazinon exposure of neonatal rats: effects on serotonin systems in adolescence and adulthood. Brain Res Bull. 2008;75:640-7 pubmed publisher..The effects on 5HT circuits expand the scope of behavioral endpoints that need to be considered in evaluating the developmental neurotoxicity of organophosphates. ..
- Yao G, Lee T, Mori S, Nevins J, You L. A bistable Rb-E2F switch underlies the restriction point. Nat Cell Biol. 2008;10:476-82 pubmed publisher..We further show that, at critical concentrations and duration of serum stimulation, bistable E2F activation correlates directly with the ability of a cell to traverse the R-point. ..
- Omenetti A, Porrello A, Jung Y, Yang L, Popov Y, Choi S, et al. Hedgehog signaling regulates epithelial-mesenchymal transition during biliary fibrosis in rodents and humans. J Clin Invest. 2008;118:3331-42 pubmed publisher..Together, these data suggest that activation of Hh signaling promotes EMT and contributes to the evolution of biliary fibrosis during chronic cholestasis. ..
- Hattiangady B, Shetty A. Decreased neuronal differentiation of newly generated cells underlies reduced hippocampal neurogenesis in chronic temporal lobe epilepsy. Hippocampus. 2010;20:97-112 pubmed publisher..Overall, the differentiation of newly born cells turns mainly into glia with chronic TLE from predominantly neuronal differentiation seen in control conditions. ..
- Samei E, Saunders R, Badea C, Ghaghada K, Hedlund L, Qi Y, et al. Micro-CT imaging of breast tumors in rodents using a liposomal, nanoparticle contrast agent. Int J Nanomedicine. 2009;4:277-82 pubmed..The image data showed good qualitative correlation with pathologic findings. The approach holds promise for studying tumor angiogenesis and for evaluating anti-angiogenesis therapies. ..
- Rabbani Z, Mi J, Zhang Y, DeLong M, Jackson I, Fleckenstein K, et al. Hypoxia inducible factor 1alpha signaling in fractionated radiation-induced lung injury: role of oxidative stress and tissue hypoxia. Radiat Res. 2010;173:165-74 pubmed publisher..These results support the notion that oxidative stress and tissue hypoxia might serve as triggering signals for HIF1alpha activity in irradiated lungs, relating to radiation-induced inflammation, angiogenesis and fibrosis. ..
- Yang Y, Calakos N. Munc13-1 is required for presynaptic long-term potentiation. J Neurosci. 2011;31:12053-7 pubmed publisher..These results advance our understanding of the molecular mechanisms of presynaptic plasticity and suggest that modulation of vesicle priming may provide the cellular substrate for expression of LTP at mossy fiber synapses. ..
- Yeo M, Berglund K, Hanna M, Guo J, Kittur J, Torres M, et al. Bisphenol A delays the perinatal chloride shift in cortical neurons by epigenetic effects on the Kcc2 promoter. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:4315-20 pubmed publisher..Beyond increase in basic understanding, our findings have relevance for identifying unique neurodevelopmental toxicity mechanisms of BPA, which could possibly play a role in pathogenesis of human neurodevelopmental disorders. ..
- Risher M, Fleming R, Boutros N, Semenova S, Wilson W, Levin E, et al. Long-term effects of chronic intermittent ethanol exposure in adolescent and adult rats: radial-arm maze performance and operant food reinforced responding. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e62940 pubmed publisher..The positive and negative findings reported here help to further define the nature and extent of the impairments observed after adolescent CIE and provide direction for future research. ..
- Cooper D, Baptist E. Degenerate oligonucleotide sequence-directed cross-species PCR cloning of the BCP 54/ALDH 3 cDNA: priming from inverted repeats and formation of tandem primer arrays. PCR Methods Appl. 1991;1:57-62 pubmed..The second artifactual product was a 212-bp sequence that contained several unreported amplification anomalies, including the formation of a tandem primer array. ..
- Yang J, Bardes E, Moore J, Brennan J, Powers M, Kornbluth S. Control of cyclin B1 localization through regulated binding of the nuclear export factor CRM1. Genes Dev. 1998;12:2131-43 pubmed
- Damodaran T, Bilska M, Rahman A, Abou Doni M. Sarin causes early differential alteration and persistent overexpression in mRNAs coding for glial fibrillary acidic protein (GFAP) and vimentin genes in the central nervous system of rats. Neurochem Res. 2002;27:407-15 pubmed..These changes could affect the neuronal cell types, thus altering the neuron-glia homeostasis. ..
- Turi J, Wang X, McKie A, Nozik Grayck E, Mamo L, Crissman K, et al. Duodenal cytochrome b: a novel ferrireductase in airway epithelial cells. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2006;291:L272-80 pubmed..production decreased when Dcytb function was blocked. The presence of Dcytb in airway epithelial cells and its regulation by iron therefore may contribute to pulmonary cytoprotection. ..
- Levin E, Caldwell D. Low-dose mecamylamine improves learning of rats in the radial-arm maze repeated acquisition procedure. Neurobiol Learn Mem. 2006;86:117-22 pubmed..This study showed that low doses of mecamylamine can effectively improve learning. A U-shaped dose-effect curve was documented. This suggests possible low-dose nicotinic antagonist lines of treatment for cognitive impairment. ..
- Hattiangady B, Shetty A. Aging does not alter the number or phenotype of putative stem/progenitor cells in the neurogenic region of the hippocampus. Neurobiol Aging. 2008;29:129-47 pubmed..Thus, decreased dentate neurogenesis during aging is not attributable to altered number or phenotype of NSCs. Instead, it appears to be an outcome of increased quiescence of NSCs due to changes in NSC milieu. ..
- Slotkin T, MacKillop E, Ryde I, Tate C, Seidler F. Screening for developmental neurotoxicity using PC12 cells: comparisons of organophosphates with a carbamate, an organochlorine, and divalent nickel. Environ Health Perspect. 2007;115:93-101 pubmed
- Chi S, Wahl M, Mowery Y, Shan S, Mukhopadhyay S, Hilderbrand S, et al. Angiostatin-like activity of a monoclonal antibody to the catalytic subunit of F1F0 ATP synthase. Cancer Res. 2007;67:4716-24 pubmed..Thus, MAb3D5AB1 shows angiostatin-like properties superior to angiostatin and may be exploited in cancer chemotherapy. ..
- Spector N, Yarden Y, Smith B, Lyass L, Trusk P, Pry K, et al. Activation of AMP-activated protein kinase by human EGF receptor 2/EGF receptor tyrosine kinase inhibitor protects cardiac cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:10607-12 pubmed
- Blanpied T, Kerr J, Ehlers M. Structural plasticity with preserved topology in the postsynaptic protein network. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:12587-92 pubmed publisher..We propose a flexible matrix model of the PSD based on stable molecular positioning of PSD-95 scaffolds. ..
- Tiruchinapalli D, Caron M, Keene J. Activity-dependent expression of ELAV/Hu RBPs and neuronal mRNAs in seizure and cocaine brain. J Neurochem. 2008;107:1529-43 pubmed publisher..Finally, our data suggest that HuR and HuD RBPs potentially interact directly with neuronal mRNAs important for differentiation and synaptic plasticity. ..
- Shukla A, Kim J, Ahn S, Xiao K, Shenoy S, Liedtke W, et al. Arresting a transient receptor potential (TRP) channel: beta-arrestin 1 mediates ubiquitination and functional down-regulation of TRPV4. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:30115-25 pubmed publisher..Thus, our data provide the first evidence of a functional link between ?-arrestins and TRPV4 and uncovers an entirely novel mechanism to maintain appropriate intracellular Ca(2+) concentration to avoid excessive Ca(2+) signaling. ..
- Kimura M, Yan H, Rabbani Z, Satoh T, Baba S, Yin F, et al. Radiation-induced erectile dysfunction using prostate-confined modern radiotherapy in a rat model. J Sex Med. 2011;8:2215-26 pubmed publisher..The mechanisms of radiation-induced erectile dysfunction (ED) are unclear, as clinical studies are limited, and previous animal models were based on wide-field irradiation, which does not model current radiotherapy (RT) techniques...
- Kuruba R, Hattiangady B, Parihar V, Shuai B, Shetty A. Differential susceptibility of interneurons expressing neuropeptide Y or parvalbumin in the aged hippocampus to acute seizure activity. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e24493 pubmed publisher..This discrepancy likely underlies the severe spontaneous seizures and cognitive dysfunction observed in the aged people after AS activity. ..
- Tang X, Jing L, Chen J. Changes in the molecular phenotype of nucleus pulposus cells with intervertebral disc aging. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e52020 pubmed publisher..These age-related phenotype changes provide a new insight for a molecular profile that may be used to characterize NP cells for developing cell-based regenerative therapy for IVD regeneration. ..
- Yan H, Pablo J, Pitt G. FGF14 regulates presynaptic Ca2+ channels and synaptic transmission. Cell Rep. 2013;4:66-75 pubmed publisher..Thus, FHFs are multimodal, regulating several discrete neuronal signaling events. SCA27 most likely results at least in part from dysregulation of Ca2+ channel function. ..
- Velaz Faircloth M, Guadaño Ferraz A, Henzi V, Fremeau R. Mammalian brain-specific L-proline transporter. Neuronal localization of mRNA and enrichment of transporter protein in synaptic plasma membranes. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:15755-61 pubmed..These findings warrant the consideration of a novel presynaptic regulatory role for this transporter in excitatory synaptic transmission. ..
- Chan W, Kordeli E, Bennett V. 440-kD ankyrinB: structure of the major developmentally regulated domain and selective localization in unmyelinated axons. J Cell Biol. 1993;123:1463-73 pubmed..440-kD ankyrinB thus is a specific component of unmyelinated axons and expression of 440-kD ankyrinB may be downregulated as a consequence of myelination. ..
- Yingling J, Das P, Savage C, Zhang M, Padgett R, Wang X. Mammalian dwarfins are phosphorylated in response to transforming growth factor beta and are implicated in control of cell growth. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1996;93:8940-4 pubmed
- Teruel M, Blanpied T, Shen K, Augustine G, Meyer T. A versatile microporation technique for the transfection of cultured CNS neurons. J Neurosci Methods. 1999;93:37-48 pubmed..We conclude that the microporation of macromolecules is a versatile approach to investigate signaling, secretion, and other processes in CNS neurons. ..
- Smith D, Leone G, DeGregori J, Ahmed M, Qumsiyeh M, Nevins J. Induction of DNA replication in adult rat neurons by deregulation of the retinoblastoma/E2F G1 cell cycle pathway. Cell Growth Differ. 2000;11:625-33 pubmed..This suggests the existence of cell type-specific inhibitory pathways induced by these signals. ..
- Fayuk D, Aitken P, Somjen G, Turner D. Two different mechanisms underlie reversible, intrinsic optical signals in rat hippocampal slices. J Neurophysiol. 2002;87:1924-37 pubmed..The simultaneous IOS and ISV measurements clearly distinguish these two mechanisms of optical signal generation. ..
- Davidson C, Lazarus C, Xiong X, Lee T, Ellinwood E. 5-HT2 receptor antagonists given in the acute withdrawal from daily cocaine injections can reverse established sensitization. Eur J Pharmacol. 2002;453:255-63 pubmed..The pharmacological profile of these antagonists suggests that the 5-HT2A receptor subtype may mediate this effect. ..
- Robson Dixon N, Garcia Blanco M. MAZ elements alter transcription elongation and silencing of the fibroblast growth factor receptor 2 exon IIIb. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:29075-84 pubmed..We propose that RNAPII pauses at the MAZ4 elements resulting in a change in the transcription elongation complex that influences alternative splicing decisions downstream. ..
- Fukuda H, Chen C, Mantyh C, Ludwig K, Pappas T, Takahashi T. The herbal medicine, Dai-Kenchu-to, accelerates delayed gastrointestinal transit after the operation in rats. J Surg Res. 2006;131:290-5 pubmed..DKT accelerates delayed GI transit induced by intestinal manipulation with and without concomitant morphine administration. DKT treatment may be useful for the patients with POI. ..
- Kong L, Chang J, Bild A, Nevins J. Compensation and specificity of function within the E2F family. Oncogene. 2007;26:321-7 pubmed..We conclude that the long-term loss of E2F activity does lead to compensation by other family members and that the analysis of acute loss of function reveals specific and distinct roles for these proteins. ..
- Levin E, Pang W, Harrison J, Williams P, Petro A, Ramsdell J. Persistent neurobehavioral effects of early postnatal domoic acid exposure in rats. Neurotoxicol Teratol. 2006;28:673-80 pubmed..However, the sublethal persistent neurobehavioral toxicity appears to be less pervasive than reported effects following DA administered mid-gestation. ..
- Bloomer W, VanDongen H, VanDongen A. Activity-regulated cytoskeleton-associated protein Arc/Arg3.1 binds to spectrin and associates with nuclear promyelocytic leukemia (PML) bodies. Brain Res. 2007;1153:20-33 pubmed..These results suggest that Arc functions as a spectrin-binding protein, forming a complex that may provide a role at sites of transcriptional regulation within the nucleus. ..
- Rai K, Hattiangady B, Shetty A. Enhanced production and dendritic growth of new dentate granule cells in the middle-aged hippocampus following intracerebroventricular FGF-2 infusions. Eur J Neurosci. 2007;26:1765-79 pubmed