Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on osteoblasts in Durham, North Carolina, United States
Locale: Durham, North Carolina, United States
- Tu Q, Pi M, Quarles L. Calcyclin mediates serum response element (SRE) activation by an osteoblastic extracellular cation-sensing mechanism. J Bone Miner Res. 2003;18:1825-33 pubmed..These results implicate calcyclin in the activation of SRE and establish a role for calcyclin as an accessory protein involved in the cation-sensing pathway in osteoblasts. ..
- Hjelmeland A, Schilling S, Guo X, Quarles D, Wang X. Loss of Smad3-mediated negative regulation of Runx2 activity leads to an alteration in cell fate determination. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:9460-8 pubmed..These data support the presence of a novel mechanism for controlling cell fate determination of mesenchymal lineages by preventing differentiation toward the osteoblastic lineage via negative regulation of Runx2 activity. ..
- Liu Z, Ren Y, Mirando A, Wang C, Zuscik M, O Keefe R, et al. Notch signaling in postnatal joint chondrocytes, but not subchondral osteoblasts, is required for articular cartilage and joint maintenance. Osteoarthritis Cartilage. 2016;24:740-51 pubmed publisher..RBPjκ-dependent Notch signaling in postnatal joint chondrocytes, but not subchondral osteoblasts, is required for articular cartilage and joint maintenance. ..
- Im O, Li J, Wang M, Zhang L, Keidar M. Biomimetic three-dimensional nanocrystalline hydroxyapatite and magnetically synthesized single-walled carbon nanotube chitosan nanocomposite for bone regeneration. Int J Nanomedicine. 2012;7:2087-99 pubmed publisher..Both nanocrystalline hydroxyapatite and SWCNT have a biomimetic nanostructure, excellent osteoconductivity, and high potential to improve the load-bearing capacity of hydrogels...
- Liu S, Guo R, Simpson L, Xiao Z, Burnham C, Quarles L. Regulation of fibroblastic growth factor 23 expression but not degradation by PHEX. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:37419-26 pubmed
- Liu S, Guo R, Tu Q, Quarles L. Overexpression of Phex in osteoblasts fails to rescue the Hyp mouse phenotype. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:3686-97 pubmed
- Singh S, Holdway J, Poss K. Regeneration of amputated zebrafish fin rays from de novo osteoblasts. Dev Cell. 2012;22:879-86 pubmed publisher..Our findings demonstrate diversity in the cellular origins of appendage bone and reveal that de novo osteoblasts can fully support the regeneration of amputated zebrafish fins. ..
- Borton A, Frederick J, Datto M, Wang X, Weinstein R. The loss of Smad3 results in a lower rate of bone formation and osteopenia through dysregulation of osteoblast differentiation and apoptosis. J Bone Miner Res. 2001;16:1754-64 pubmed..Together these data support a model that a loss of Smad3 increases the osteocyte fate of the osteoblast and decreases the duration of osteoblast function by shortening lifespan, ultimately resulting in osteopenia. ..
- Gray R, Wilm T, Smith J, Bagnat M, Dale R, Topczewski J, et al. Loss of col8a1a function during zebrafish embryogenesis results in congenital vertebral malformations. Dev Biol. 2014;386:72-85 pubmed publisher..Our results afford a novel mechanism for the formation of VM, independent of defects of somitogenesis, resulting from aberrant bone deposition at regions of misshapen notochord tissue. ..
- Xiao Z, Thomas R, Hinson T, Quarles L. Genomic structure and isoform expression of the mouse, rat and human Cbfa1/Osf2 transcription factor. Gene. 1998;214:187-97 pubmed..Thus, the alternative use of transcription start sites and splicing leads to the genesis of CBFA1/Cbfa1 isoforms with possible differences in transactivation potentials. ..
- Nachtrab G, Kikuchi K, Tornini V, Poss K. Transcriptional components of anteroposterior positional information during zebrafish fin regeneration. Development. 2013;140:3754-64 pubmed publisher..These findings have implications for mechanisms of positional memory in vertebrate tissues. ..