Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on organ specificity in Durham, North Carolina, United States
Locale: Durham, North Carolina, United States
Topic: organ specificity
- Lin F, Wang Y, Hosford D. Age-related relationship between mRNA expression of GABA(B) receptors and calcium channel beta4 subunits in cacnb4lh mice. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 1999;71:131-5 pubmed..These findings suggest that the factor(s) responsible for decreased Cacnb4 and increased GABA(B) receptor mRNA expression abate in older mice. ..
- Sheffield N, Thurman R, Song L, Safi A, Stamatoyannopoulos J, Lenhard B, et al. Patterns of regulatory activity across diverse human cell types predict tissue identity, transcription factor binding, and long-range interactions. Genome Res. 2013;23:777-88 pubmed publisher..Finally, we introduce a web resource to enable researchers to use these results to explore these regulatory patterns and better understand how expression is modulated within and across human cell types. ..
- Mo J, Fang S, Chen W, Blobe G. Regulation of ALK-1 signaling by the nuclear receptor LXRbeta. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:50788-94 pubmed
- Tschantz W, Zhang L, Casey P. Cloning, expression, and cellular localization of a human prenylcysteine lyase. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:35802-8 pubmed..These findings strengthen the notion that prenylcysteine lyase plays an important role in the final step in the degradation of prenylated proteins and will allow further physiological and biochemical characterization of this enzyme. ..
- Cho K, Patil H, Senda E, Wang J, Yi H, Qiu S, et al. Differential loss of prolyl isomerase or chaperone activity of Ran-binding protein 2 (Ranbp2) unveils distinct physiological roles of its cyclophilin domain in proteostasis. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:4600-25 pubmed publisher..These results unveil distinct mechanistic and biological links between PPIase and chaperone activities of Ranbp2 cyclophilin toward proteostasis of selective substrates and with novel therapeutic potential. ..
- Schmalzigaug R, Phee H, Davidson C, Weiss A, Premont R. Differential expression of the ARF GAP genes GIT1 and GIT2 in mouse tissues. J Histochem Cytochem. 2007;55:1039-48 pubmed
- Premont R, Claing A, Vitale N, Freeman J, Pitcher J, Patton W, et al. beta2-Adrenergic receptor regulation by GIT1, a G protein-coupled receptor kinase-associated ADP ribosylation factor GTPase-activating protein. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1998;95:14082-7 pubmed..Moreover, they provide a mechanism for integration of receptor activation and endocytosis through regulation of ARF protein activation by GRK-mediated recruitment of the GIT1 ARF GAP to the plasma membrane. ..
- Tanaka M, Singh Alvarado J, Murugan M, Mooney R. Focal expression of mutant huntingtin in the songbird basal ganglia disrupts cortico-basal ganglia networks and vocal sequences. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016;113:E1720-7 pubmed publisher..These findings shed light on a key role of temporal patterns of cortico-BG activity in the regulation of complex motor sequences and show how a genetic mutation alters cortico-BG networks to cause disorganized movements. ..
- Howard B, Sempowski G, Scearce R, Liao H, Lee D, Lam G, et al. Murine CD7 shares antigenic cross-reactivity with HSP-60. Hybridoma (Larchmt). 2008;27:81-9 pubmed..These data demonstrated molecular mimicry of mCD7 with HSP-60, and leave open the question of surface expression of mCD7. ..
- Weidman J, Maloney K, Jirtle R. Comparative phylogenetic analysis reveals multiple non-imprinted isoforms of opossum Dlk1. Mamm Genome. 2006;17:157-67 pubmed..These findings clearly demonstrate that imprinted genes did not all evolve before the divergence of marsupials and eutherians. ..
- Tiberi M, Jarvie K, Silvia C, Falardeau P, Gingrich J, Godinot N, et al. Cloning, molecular characterization, and chromosomal assignment of a gene encoding a second D1 dopamine receptor subtype: differential expression pattern in rat brain compared with the D1A receptor. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1991;88:7491-5 pubmed..On the basis of its properties we propose that this dopamine receptor subtype be called D1B. ..
- Merrill M, Gromeier M. The double-stranded RNA binding protein 76:NF45 heterodimer inhibits translation initiation at the rhinovirus type 2 internal ribosome entry site. J Virol. 2006;80:6936-42 pubmed..Results of this study suggest that the DRBP76:NF45 heterodimer selectively blocks HRV2 IRES-driven translation initiation in neuron-derived cells. ..
- Murphy S, Huang Z, Hoyo C. Differentially methylated regions of imprinted genes in prenatal, perinatal and postnatal human tissues. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e40924 pubmed publisher..Similarity of inter-individual and intra-individual methylation at some, but not all of the DMRs analyzed supports the possibility that methylation of these regions can serve as useful biosensors of exposure. ..
- Chan C, St John A, Abraham S. Mast cell interleukin-10 drives localized tolerance in chronic bladder infection. Immunity. 2013;38:349-59 pubmed publisher..These findings may explain the prevalent recurrence of bladder infections and suggest the bladder as a site exhibiting an intrinsic degree of MC-maintained immune privilege. ..
- Kordeli E, Bennett V. Distinct ankyrin isoforms at neuron cell bodies and nodes of Ranvier resolved using erythrocyte ankyrin-deficient mice. J Cell Biol. 1991;114:1243-59 pubmed
- Wylie A, Pulford D, McVie Wylie A, Waterland R, Evans H, Chen Y, et al. Tissue-specific inactivation of murine M6P/IGF2R. Am J Pathol. 2003;162:321-8 pubmed
- Anderson K, Means R, Huang Q, Kemp B, Goldstein E, Selbert M, et al. Components of a calmodulin-dependent protein kinase cascade. Molecular cloning, functional characterization and cellular localization of Ca2+/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase kinase beta. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:31880-9 pubmed..The strict Ca2+ requirement of CaMKIV-dependent phosphorylation of cAMP response element-binding protein, is therefore controlled at the level of CaMKIV rather than CaMKK. ..
- Ikeda Y, Swain A, Weber T, Hentges K, Zanaria E, Lalli E, et al. Steroidogenic factor 1 and Dax-1 colocalize in multiple cell lineages: potential links in endocrine development. Mol Endocrinol. 1996;10:1261-72 pubmed..Although the precise mechanisms remain to be established and may be multifactorial, our results strongly suggest that these two orphan nuclear receptors interact in a common pathway of endocrine development. ..
- Okubo T, Hogan B. Hyperactive Wnt signaling changes the developmental potential of embryonic lung endoderm. J Biol. 2004;3:11 pubmed..We discuss the relevance of our findings to the poorly understood pathological condition of intestinal metaplasia in humans. ..
- He Z, Cheeseman I, He D, Kohorn B. A cluster of five cell wall-associated receptor kinase genes, Wak1-5, are expressed in specific organs of Arabidopsis. Plant Mol Biol. 1999;39:1189-96 pubmed
- Atasoy U, Watson J, Patel D, Keene J. ELAV protein HuA (HuR) can redistribute between nucleus and cytoplasm and is upregulated during serum stimulation and T cell activation. J Cell Sci. 1998;111 ( Pt 21):3145-56 pubmed..This supports the hypothesis that ELAV proteins can function as transacting factors which affect a default pathway of mRNA degradation involved in the expression of growth regulatory proteins. ..
- Breakfield N, Corcoran D, Petricka J, Shen J, Sae Seaw J, Rubio Somoza I, et al. High-resolution experimental and computational profiling of tissue-specific known and novel miRNAs in Arabidopsis. Genome Res. 2012;22:163-76 pubmed publisher..Knockdown of three of the newly identified miRNAs results in altered root growth phenotypes, confirming that novel miRNAs predicted by PIPmiR have functional relevance. ..
- Bao Y, Yang B, Dawson T, Chen Y. Isolation and nucleotide sequence of human liver glycogen debranching enzyme mRNA: identification of multiple tissue-specific isoforms. Gene. 1997;197:389-98 pubmed..Defining tissue-specific AGL isoform mRNAs is an important step toward understanding the molecular basis of enzymatic variability in GSD-III. ..
- Collins S, Surwit R. Pharmacologic manipulation of ob expression in a dietary model of obesity. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:9437-40 pubmed
- Zelko I, Folz R. Sp1 and Sp3 transcription factors mediate trichostatin A-induced and basal expression of extracellular superoxide dismutase. Free Radic Biol Med. 2004;37:1256-71 pubmed..These results are consistent with Sp1/Sp3 transcription factors providing essential TSA-dependent and basal transcription of the EC-SOD gene and may represent a novel pharmacological pathway for regulating EC-SOD levels in tissue. ..
- Hobson Webb L, Proia A, Thurberg B, Banugaria S, Prater S, Kishnani P. Autopsy findings in late-onset Pompe disease: a case report and systematic review of the literature. Mol Genet Metab. 2012;106:462-9 pubmed publisher..With the advent of definitive therapy for Pompe disease, it is important to be aware of these findings and use them to develop methods for tracking therapeutic response. ..
- Hafez D, Ni T, Mukherjee S, Zhu J, Ohler U. Genome-wide identification and predictive modeling of tissue-specific alternative polyadenylation. Bioinformatics. 2013;29:i108-16 pubmed publisher..Processed datasets as well as model code are published on our website: http://www.genome.duke.edu/labs/ohler/research/UTR/. firstname.lastname@example.org. ..
- Nachtrab G, Kikuchi K, Tornini V, Poss K. Transcriptional components of anteroposterior positional information during zebrafish fin regeneration. Development. 2013;140:3754-64 pubmed publisher..These findings have implications for mechanisms of positional memory in vertebrate tissues. ..
- Yu L, Daniels J, Glaser A, Wolf M. Raf-mediated cardiac hypertrophy in adult Drosophila. Dis Model Mech. 2013;6:964-76 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that ERK is necessary, but not sufficient, for Raf-mediated cardiac hypertrophy. ..
- Benovic J, DeBlasi A, Stone W, Caron M, Lefkowitz R. Beta-adrenergic receptor kinase: primary structure delineates a multigene family. Science. 1989;246:235-40 pubmed..RNA blot analysis revealed a messenger RNA of four kilobases with highest amounts in brain and spleen. Genomic DNA blot analysis also suggests that beta-ARK may be the first sequenced member of a multigene family of receptor kinases. ..
- Comer M, Campbell D, Rasmusson R, Lamson D, Morales M, Zhang Y, et al. Cloning and characterization of an Ito-like potassium channel from ferret ventricle. Am J Physiol. 1994;267:H1383-95 pubmed..These results suggest a molecular basis for the electrophysiological similarities between ferret and human ventricular Ito (Campbell et al. J. Gen. Physiol. 101: 571-601, 1993; Näbauer et al. Circ. Res. 73: 386-394, 1993)...
- Natarajan A, Yardimci G, Sheffield N, Crawford G, Ohler U. Predicting cell-type-specific gene expression from regions of open chromatin. Genome Res. 2012;22:1711-22 pubmed publisher..In summary, we successfully used information of open chromatin obtained by a single assay, DNase-seq, to address the problem of predicting cell-type-specific gene expression in mammalian organisms directly from regulatory sequence. ..
- Nash S, Giros B, Kingsmore S, Rochelle J, Suter S, Gregor P, et al. Cloning, pharmacological characterization, and genomic localization of the human creatine transporter. Receptors Channels. 1994;2:165-74 pubmed..Genetic mapping in the mouse localizes the creatine transporter to a region on the X chromosome in linkage conservation with the human region Xq28, the location of the genes for several neuromuscular diseases. ..
- Chen Y, Ci X, Gorentla B, Sullivan S, Stone J, Zhang W, et al. Differential requirement of RasGRP1 for ?? T cell development and activation. J Immunol. 2012;189:61-71 pubmed publisher..Together, these observations revealed that RasGRP1 plays differential roles for ?? and ?? T cell development but is critical for ??T cell proliferation and production of IL-17. ..
- Dufresne A, Gromeier M. A nonpolio enterovirus with respiratory tropism causes poliomyelitis in intercellular adhesion molecule 1 transgenic mice. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:13636-41 pubmed..We detected human intercellular adhesion molecule 1 expression on both transgenic mouse and human spinal cord anterior horn motor neurons, indicating that members of HEV-C may share PV's potential to elicit poliomyelitis in humans. ..
- Brown S, Zhang C, Chen A, Hsieh T. Structure of the Drosophila DNA topoisomerase I gene and expression of messages with different lengths in the 3' untranslated region. Gene. 1998;211:195-203 pubmed..No significant heterogeneity at the 5' end of the top1 transcripts is seen. Sequence searches have revealed a number of regulatory sequences for potential translational control in the 3' untranslated region. ..
- Folz R, Guan J, Seldin M, Oury T, Enghild J, Crapo J. Mouse extracellular superoxide dismutase: primary structure, tissue-specific gene expression, chromosomal localization, and lung in situ hybridization. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 1997;17:393-403 pubmed..These data suggest that alveolar Type II cells play a central role in mediating EC-SOD antioxidant function in the lung. ..