Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on molecular sequence data in Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
Locale: Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
Topic: molecular sequence data
Publications247 found, 100 shown here
- Bizikova P, Dean G, Hashimoto T, Olivry T. Cloning and establishment of canine desmocollin-1 as a major autoantigen in canine pemphigus foliaceus. Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 2012;149:197-207 pubmed publisher..Altogether, these findings suggest that DSC1 is a major autoantigen in cPF. ..
- Crespo M, Olson J, Altermann E, Siletzky R, Kathariou S. Chromosomal tet(O)-harboring regions in Campylobacter coli isolates from turkeys and swine. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2012;78:8488-91 pubmed publisher..In contrast, the swine-derived C. coli strain 6461 harbored a chromosomal tet(O) in a different genomic location. ..
- Dewey R, Wilson R, Novitzky W, Goode J. The AAPT1 gene of soybean complements a cholinephosphotransferase-deficient mutant of yeast. Plant Cell. 1994;6:1495-507 pubmed publisher..The inhibition of translation mediated by a short open reading frame located 124 bp upstream of the AAPT1 reading frame is one model proposed for the observed down-regulation of gene activity...
- Rosinski J, Atchley W. Molecular evolution of helix-turn-helix proteins. J Mol Evol. 1999;49:301-9 pubmed..The consequences of such an origin for a diverse group of proteins, and guidelines for the identification of future members of the HTH family are discussed. ..
- Altermann E, Russell W, Azcarate Peril M, Barrangou R, Buck B, McAuliffe O, et al. Complete genome sequence of the probiotic lactic acid bacterium Lactobacillus acidophilus NCFM. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:3906-12 pubmed..Collectively, these features within the genome sequence of L. acidophilus are likely to contribute to the organisms' gastric survival and promote interactions with the intestinal mucosa and microbiota. ..
- MacKenzie S, Clark A. Death by caspase dimerization. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2012;747:55-73 pubmed publisher..Overall, dimerization plays a key role in the ability of caspases to form fully functional proteases. ..
- Beaumont M, Hassan H. Characterization of regulatory mutations causing anaerobic derepression of the sodA gene in Escherichia coli K12: cooperation between cis- and trans-acting regulatory loci. J Gen Microbiol. 1993;139:2677-84 pubmed..Also, a second putative Fnr-binding site that straddles the ribosomal binding-site was identified in the sodA gene. ..
- Orozco B, Hanley Bowdoin L. A DNA structure is required for geminivirus replication origin function. J Virol. 1996;70:148-58 pubmed..These results suggest that the in vivo replication results may reflect structural and sequence requirements for DNA cleavage during initiation of rolling-circle replication. ..
- Allen G, Hall G, Michalowski S, Newman W, Spiker S, Weissinger A, et al. High-level transgene expression in plant cells: effects of a strong scaffold attachment region from tobacco. Plant Cell. 1996;8:899-913 pubmed..We propose that SARs dramatically reduce the severity or likelihood of homology-dependent gene silencing in cells with small numbers of transgenes but do not prevent silencing of transgenes present in many copies. ..
- Orozco B, Gladfelter H, Settlage S, Eagle P, Gentry R, Hanley Bowdoin L. Multiple cis elements contribute to geminivirus origin function. Virology. 1998;242:346-56 pubmed..Together, these results demonstrated that the organization of TGMV plus-strand origin is complex, involving multiple cis elements that are likely to interact with each other during initiation of replication. ..
- O Sullivan D, Klaenhammer T. Control of expression of LlaI restriction in Lactococcus lactis. Mol Microbiol. 1998;27:1009-20 pubmed..These data provide molecular evidence for a mechanism on how the expression of a restriction system in a prokaryote can be drastically reduced during elevated growth temperatures, by a small regulatory protein...
- Brown J, Chua S, Liu S, Andrews M, Vandenbergh J. Spontaneous mutation in the db gene results in obesity and diabetes in CD-1 outbred mice. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2000;278:R320-30 pubmed..Mortality of affected males was 100% by 5 mo, whereas affected females survived up to 10 mo of age...
- Remington D, Thornsberry J, Matsuoka Y, Wilson L, Whitt S, Doebley J, et al. Structure of linkage disequilibrium and phenotypic associations in the maize genome. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2001;98:11479-84 pubmed..Provided the effects of population structure are effectively controlled, this research suggests that association studies show great promise for identifying the genetic basis of important traits in maize with very high resolution. ..
- De Luca M, Roshina N, Geiger Thornsberry G, Lyman R, Pasyukova E, Mackay T. Dopa decarboxylase (Ddc) affects variation in Drosophila longevity. Nat Genet. 2003;34:429-33 pubmed publisher..DDC catalyzes the final step in the synthesis of the neurotransmitters, dopamine and serotonin. Thus, these data implicate variation in the synthesis of bioamines as a factor contributing to natural variation in individual life span...
- Sehgal A, Kelly R. Strategic selection of hyperthermophilic esterases for resolution of 2-arylpropionic esters. Biotechnol Prog. 2003;19:1410-6 pubmed
- May K, Ristaino J. Identity of the mtDNA haplotype(s) of Phytophthora infestans in historical specimens from the Irish potato famine. Mycol Res. 2004;108:471-9 pubmed..Multiple haplotypes were present outside Mexico in the 1940s-60s, indicating that pathogen diversity was greater than previously believed. ..
- Ramaroson M, Ruby J, Goshe M, Liu H. Changes in the Gallus gallus proteome induced by Marek's disease virus. J Proteome Res. 2008;7:4346-58 pubmed publisher..Subtle differences were observed for subcellular localizations of the identified proteins. These results suggest that MDV infection may alter host cell biochemistry by perturbing the host's proteomic composition...
- Khalil S, Donohue K, Thompson D, Jeffers L, Ananthapadmanaban U, Sonenshine D, et al. Full-length sequence, regulation and developmental studies of a second vitellogenin gene from the American dog tick, Dermacentor variabilis. J Insect Physiol. 2011;57:400-8 pubmed publisher..DvVg2 expression was not detected in adult fed or unfed males. The characteristics that distinguish Vg from other similar tick storage proteins like the carrier protein, CP (another hemelipoglycoprotein) are discussed...
- Vancini R, Paredes A, Ribeiro M, Blackburn K, Ferreira D, Kononchik J, et al. Espirito Santo virus: a new birnavirus that replicates in insect cells. J Virol. 2012;86:2390-9 pubmed publisher..Thus, significant differences underscore the uniqueness of this infectious agent, and its relationship to the coinfecting virus is discussed...
- Barbhaiya H, Leverette R, Liu J, Maxwell E. Processing of U14 small nucleolar RNA from three different introns of the mouse 70-kDa-cognate-heat-shock-protein pre-messenger RNA. Eur J Biochem. 1994;226:765-71 pubmed..5 gene. These results strongly suggest that biosynthesis of mouse U14 snRNA results from an intron-processing pathway. ..
- Falls J, Cherrington N, Clements K, Philpot R, Levi P, Rose R, et al. Molecular cloning, sequencing, and expression in Escherichia coli of mouse flavin-containing monooxygenase 3 (FMO3): comparison with the human isoform. Arch Biochem Biophys. 1997;347:9-18 pubmed..Results of immunoblotting confirmed the tissue- and gender-dependent expression of mouse FMO3. ..
- Koltai H, Dhandaydham M, Opperman C, Thomas J, Bird D. Overlapping plant signal transduction pathways induced by a parasitic nematode and a rhizobial endosymbiont. Mol Plant Microbe Interact. 2001;14:1168-77 pubmed publisher..We discuss these pathways in the context of phytohormones and parallels between beneficial symbiosis and disease...
- Kirst M, Johnson A, Baucom C, Ulrich E, Hubbard K, Staggs R, et al. Apparent homology of expressed genes from wood-forming tissues of loblolly pine (Pinus taeda L.) with Arabidopsis thaliana. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003;100:7383-8 pubmed..Few genes would be expected to retain high sequence similarity for this time if they did not have essential functions. These observations suggest substantial conservation of gene sequence in seed plants...
- Joobeur T, King J, Nolin S, Thomas C, Dean R. The Fusarium wilt resistance locus Fom-2 of melon contains a single resistance gene with complex features. Plant J. 2004;39:283-97 pubmed publisher..The Fom-2 physical region contained retroelement-like sequences and truncated genes, suggesting that this locus is complex...
- Carbone M, Jordan K, Lyman R, Harbison S, Leips J, Morgan T, et al. Phenotypic variation and natural selection at catsup, a pleiotropic quantitative trait gene in Drosophila. Curr Biol. 2006;16:912-9 pubmed publisher..Molecular population genetic analyses of Catsup sequences are consistent with balancing selection maintaining multiple functional polymorphisms...
- Chan K, Miller W, Mandrell R, Kathariou S. The absence of intervening sequences in 23S rRNA genes of Campylobacter coli isolates from Turkeys is a unique attribute of a cluster of related strains which also lack resistance to erythromycin. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2007;73:1208-14 pubmed..coli from turkeys is characteristic of a unique clonal group of erythromycin-susceptible strains and that IVS can be acquired by these strains via natural transformation to erythromycin resistance...
- Cadenas M, Bradley J, Maggi R, Takara M, Hegarty B, Breitschwerdt E. Molecular characterization of Bartonella vinsonii subsp. berkhoffii genotype III. J Clin Microbiol. 2008;46:1858-60 pubmed publisher..Several genes were amplified and sequenced for comparative sequence similarity with other strains...
- Stepanova A, Robertson Hoyt J, Yun J, Benavente L, Xie D, Dolezal K, et al. TAA1-mediated auxin biosynthesis is essential for hormone crosstalk and plant development. Cell. 2008;133:177-91 pubmed publisher..Thus, the IPA route of auxin production is key to generating robust auxin gradients in response to environmental and developmental cues. ..
- Opperman C, Bird D, Williamson V, Rokhsar D, Burke M, Cohn J, et al. Sequence and genetic map of Meloidogyne hapla: A compact nematode genome for plant parasitism. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:14802-7 pubmed publisher..This sequence and map represent a wealth of biological information on both the nature of nematode parasitism of plants and its evolution. ..
- Ott L, McDowell Z, Turner P, Law J, Adler K, Yoder J, et al. Two myristoylated alanine-rich C-kinase substrate (MARCKS) paralogs are required for normal development in zebrafish. Anat Rec (Hoboken). 2011;294:1511-24 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that Marcksa and Marcksb are required for normal zebrafish development and suggest that zebrafish are a suitable model to further study MARCKS function. ..
- Huang J, Struck F, Matzinger D, Levings C. Functional analysis in yeast of cDNA coding for the mitochondrial Rieske iron-sulfur protein of higher plants. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1991;88:10716-20 pubmed..We have demonstrated that yeast can serve as a model system to study the structural and functional relationships of plant gene products that are enzymatic components of the mitochondrial respiratory chain...
- Cannon R, Scandalios J. Two cDNAs encode two nearly identical Cu/Zn superoxide dismutase proteins in maize. Mol Gen Genet. 1989;219:1-8 pubmed..Both cDNAs contained polyadenylation signals and tails. cDNA isolations, RNA, and genomic DNA blots confirm the existence and expression of two genes that produce indistinguishable SOD-4 proteins. ..
- Stuart J, Frederick D, Varner C, Tatchell K. The mutant type 1 protein phosphatase encoded by glc7-1 from Saccharomyces cerevisiae fails to interact productively with the GAC1-encoded regulatory subunit. Mol Cell Biol. 1994;14:896-905 pubmed
- Juzumiene D, Wollenzien P. Arrangement of the central pseudoknot region of 16S rRNA in the 30S ribosomal subunit determined by site-directed 4-thiouridine crosslinking. RNA. 2001;7:71-84 pubmed..Crosslinking between s4U(+14) and 1395-1397 is consistent with base pairing at U14-A1398. ..
- Li Y, Martin L, Spizz G, Adler K. MARCKS protein is a key molecule regulating mucin secretion by human airway epithelial cells in vitro. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:40982-90 pubmed
- Lu S, Shi R, Tsao C, Yi X, Li L, Chiang V. RNA silencing in plants by the expression of siRNA duplexes. Nucleic Acids Res. 2004;32:e171 pubmed..Moreover, the effectiveness of the human H1 promoter in a plant background suggested a conserved mechanism underlying Pol III complex functionality. ..
- Fink R, Evans M, Porwollik S, Vazquez Torres A, Jones Carson J, Troxell B, et al. FNR is a global regulator of virulence and anaerobic metabolism in Salmonella enterica serovar Typhimurium (ATCC 14028s). J Bacteriol. 2007;189:2262-73 pubmed..The inability of the mutant to survive inside macrophages is likely due to its sensitivity to the reactive oxygen species generated by NADPH phagocyte oxidase. ..
- Gustilo E, Dubois D, Lapointe J, Agris P. E. coli glutamyl-tRNA synthetase is inhibited by anticodon stem-loop domains and a minihelix. RNA Biol. 2007;4:85-92 pubmed..Thus, the RNA constructs are effective tools to study RNA-protein interaction. ..
- Ayroles J, Carbone M, Stone E, Jordan K, Lyman R, Magwire M, et al. Systems genetics of complex traits in Drosophila melanogaster. Nat Genet. 2009;41:299-307 pubmed publisher..Overlapping transcripts in modules associated with different traits provide insight into the molecular basis of pleiotropy between complex traits. ..
- Goh Y, Azcarate Peril M, O Flaherty S, Durmaz E, Valence F, Jardin J, et al. Development and application of a upp-based counterselective gene replacement system for the study of the S-layer protein SlpX of Lactobacillus acidophilus NCFM. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2009;75:3093-105 pubmed publisher..Overall, this improved gene replacement system represents a valuable tool for investigating the mechanisms underlying the probiotic functionality of L. acidophilus...
- Biswas S, Buhrman G, Gagnon K, Mattos C, Brown B, Maxwell E. Comparative analysis of the 15.5kD box C/D snoRNP core protein in the primitive eukaryote Giardia lamblia reveals unique structural and functional features. Biochemistry. 2011;50:2907-18 pubmed publisher..lamblia 15.5kD protein occupies a unique position in the evolution of this box C/D RNP core protein retaining structural and functional features characteristic of both archaeal L7Ae and higher eukaryotic 15.5kD homologues...
- Williams L, Oleksiak M. Evolutionary and functional analyses of cytochrome P4501A promoter polymorphisms in natural populations. Mol Ecol. 2011;20:5236-47 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate that intraspecific variation, which provides the raw material for natural selection to act on, can occur while maintaining promoter function...
- Beardslee R, Suarez S, Toffton S, McCulloch S. Mutation of the little finger domain in human DNA polymerase ? alters fidelity when copying undamaged DNA. Environ Mol Mutagen. 2013;54:638-51 pubmed publisher..Additionally, it is shown that DNA-protein contacts distal to the active site can significantly affect the fidelity of synthesis. ..
- Perry S, Flaherty M, Kelley M, Clabough D, Tronick S, Coggins L, et al. The surface envelope protein gene region of equine infectious anemia virus is not an important determinant of tropism in vitro. J Virol. 1992;66:4085-97 pubmed..We conclude that even though there are extensive sequence differences between wild-type and cell culture-adapted viruses in the surface envelope gene region, this domain is not a determinant of the differing in vitro cell tropisms...
- Kendall T, Lommel S. Nucleotide sequence of carnation ringspot dianthovirus RNA-2. J Gen Virol. 1992;73 ( Pt 9):2479-82 pubmed
- Shanab G, Maxwell E. Determination of the nucleotide sequences in mouse U14 small nuclear RNA and 18S ribosomal RNA responsible for in vitro intermolecular base-pairing. Eur J Biochem. 1992;206:391-400 pubmed..However, the strong evolutionary conservation of both U14-snRNA.18S-rRNA hybrid structures and their juxtapositioning within the folded secondary structure of 18S rRNAs argues for a biological role for each in U14 snRNA function. ..
- Lorenz R, Parks L. Cloning, sequencing, and disruption of the gene encoding sterol C-14 reductase in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. DNA Cell Biol. 1992;11:685-92 pubmed..The ERG24 null mutant produced ergosta-8,14-dienol as the major sterol, indicating that the delta 8-7 isomerase, delta 5-desaturase and the delta 22-desaturase were inactive on sterols with the C14 = 15 double bond. ..
- Ragland M, Briat J, Gagnon J, Laulhere J, Massenet O, Theil E. Evidence for conservation of ferritin sequences among plants and animals and for a transit peptide in soybean. J Biol Chem. 1990;265:18339-44 pubmed..An ancient, common progenitor apparently gave rise to contemporary eukaryotic ferritins after specific modifications, e.g. transport to plasmids...
- Bethards L, Skadsen R, Scandalios J. Isolation and characterization of a cDNA clone for the Cat2 gene in maize and its homology with other catalases. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1987;84:6830-4 pubmed..1c was derived from the Cat2 transcript. The DNA sequence of pCat2.1c was determined. The deduced amino acid sequence shows homology with catalase amino acid sequences from rat liver, bovine liver, human kidney, and yeast. ..
- Griswold C, Matthews A, Bewley K, Mahaffey J. Molecular characterization and rescue of acatalasemic mutants of Drosophila melanogaster. Genetics. 1993;134:781-8 pubmed..Though lack of catalase activity caused decreased viability and life span, increasing catalase activity above wild-type levels had no effect on normal life span. ..
- Abler M, Scandalios J. Isolation and characterization of a genomic sequence encoding the maize Cat3 catalase gene. Plant Mol Biol. 1993;22:1031-8 pubmed..The DNA sequence and physical structure of the Cat3 gene presented here will be used in characterizing cis- and trans-acting factors affecting Cat3 gene expression. ..
- Kernodle S, Scandalios J. A comparison of the structure and function of the highly homologous maize antioxidant Cu/Zn superoxide dismutase genes, Sod4 and Sod4A. Genetics. 1996;144:317-28 pubmed..There is differential mRNA accumulation between the two genes in leaf and stem tissue of paraquat-treated seedlings. Other agents that can cause oxidative stress were also tested for differential expression of the genes. ..
- Ransom W, Lao P, Gage D, Boss W. Phosphoglycerylethanolamine posttranslational modification of plant eukaryotic elongation factor 1alpha. Plant Physiol. 1998;117:949-60 pubmed..Therefore, the PGE lipid modification may work in combination with other posttranslational modifications to affect the distribution and the function of eEF-1A within the cell. ..
- Bauer M, Driskill L, Callen W, Snead M, Mathur E, Kelly R. An endoglucanase, EglA, from the hyperthermophilic archaeon Pyrococcus furiosus hydrolyzes beta-1,4 bonds in mixed-linkage (1-->3),(1-->4)-beta-D-glucans and cellulose. J Bacteriol. 1999;181:284-90 pubmed..The discovery of a thermostable enzyme with this substrate specificity has implications for both the evolution of enzymes involved in polysaccharide hydrolysis and the occurrence of growth substrates in hydrothermal vent environments...
- Kullen M, Klaenhammer T. Identification of the pH-inducible, proton-translocating F1F0-ATPase (atpBEFHAGDC) operon of Lactobacillus acidophilus by differential display: gene structure, cloning and characterization. Mol Microbiol. 1999;33:1152-61 pubmed..Finally, the use of differential display RT-PCR was an effective approach to identify genes in L. acidophilus induced by an environmental stimulus...
- Olsen K, Purugganan M. Molecular evidence on the origin and evolution of glutinous rice. Genetics. 2002;162:941-50 pubmed..This study demonstrates the utility of phylogeographic approaches for understanding trait diversification in crops, and it contributes to growing evidence on the importance of modifier loci in the evolution of domestication traits. ..
- Helton T, Kojetin D, Cavanagh J, Horne W. Alternative splicing of a beta4 subunit proline-rich motif regulates voltage-dependent gating and toxin block of Cav2.1 Ca2+ channels. J Neurosci. 2002;22:9331-9 pubmed..These results raise interesting questions about the functional role that alternative splicing of the beta4 subunit has played in the evolution of complex neural networks. ..
- Buck M, Atchley W. Phylogenetic analysis of plant basic helix-loop-helix proteins. J Mol Evol. 2003;56:742-50 pubmed..We suggest that plant bHLH proteins are under weaker selective constraints than their animal counterparts and that lineage specific expansions and subfunctionalization have fashioned regulatory proteins for plant specific functions. ..
- Hiramatsu N, Chapman R, Lindzey J, Haynes M, Sullivan C. Molecular characterization and expression of vitellogenin receptor from white perch (Morone americana). Biol Reprod. 2004;70:1720-30 pubmed..Expression of VgR mRNA decreased with oocyte growth during vitellogenesis and was very limited in ovulated eggs. These quantitative results verify the concept that growing oocytes must extensively recycle LR8- forms of the VgR. ..
- Sampson J, Murray K, Muddiman D. Intact and top-down characterization of biomolecules and direct analysis using infrared matrix-assisted laser desorption electrospray ionization coupled to FT-ICR mass spectrometry. J Am Soc Mass Spectrom. 2009;20:667-73 pubmed publisher..Sequencing of O-linked glycans, cleaved from mucin using reductive beta-elimination chemistry, is also demonstrated. ..
- Taliercio E, Scheffler J, Scheffler B. Characterization of two cotton (Gossypium hirsutum L) invertase genes. Mol Biol Rep. 2010;37:3915-20 pubmed publisher..The polymorphic SSR may be useful in investigating the function of this gene in fiber development. ..
- Collier T, Randall S, Sarkar P, Rao B, Dean R, Muddiman D. Comparison of stable-isotope labeling with amino acids in cell culture and spectral counting for relative quantification of protein expression. Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom. 2011;25:2524-32 pubmed publisher..Within this context we further explore the capacity of each strategy for proteome coverage, variation in quantification, and the relative sensitivity of each technique to the detection of change in relative protein expression. ..
- Stebbing R, Irvin S, Rivera Serrano E, Boehme K, Ikizler M, Yoder J, et al. An ITAM in a nonenveloped virus regulates activation of NF-?B, induction of beta interferon, and viral spread. J Virol. 2014;88:2572-83 pubmed publisher..This first demonstration of a functional ITAM in a nonenveloped virus presents a new mechanism for viral ITAM-mediated signaling with likely organ-specific consequences in the host. ..
- Hassan H, Sun H. Regulatory roles of Fnr, Fur, and Arc in expression of manganese-containing superoxide dismutase in Escherichia coli. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1992;89:3217-21 pubmed
- Liu J, Maxwell E. Mouse U14 snRNA is encoded in an intron of the mouse cognate hsc70 heat shock gene. Nucleic Acids Res. 1990;18:6565-71 pubmed..This suggests that either higher eukaryotic U14 snRNA is transcribed from a unique transcriptional promoter sequence, or alternatively, is generated by intron processing of the hsc70 pre-mRNA transcript. ..
- Steingold S, Sharp N, McGahan M, Hughes C, Dunn S, Page R. Characterization of canine MDR1 mRNA: its abundance in drug resistant cell lines and in vivo. Anticancer Res. 1998;18:393-400 pubmed..Expression of MDR1 mRNA correlates with in vitro drug sensitivity but does not correlate with in vivo doxorubicin sensitivity in canine lymphoma. ..
- Cox K, Robertson D, Fites R. Mapping and expression of a bifunctional thymidylate synthase, dihydrofolate reductase gene from maize. Plant Mol Biol. 1999;41:733-9 pubmed..Meristematic maize tissues had high levels of ZmDHFR-TS mRNA, but transcripts were barely detectable in RNA isolated from the root elongation zone and from mature leaf tissues. ..
- Guy J, Breslin J, Breuhaus B, Vivrette S, Smith L. Characterization of a coronavirus isolated from a diarrheic foal. J Clin Microbiol. 2000;38:4523-6 pubmed..ECV NC99 was determined to have close antigenic and/or genetic relationships with mammalian group 2 coronaviruses, thus identifying it as a member of this coronavirus antigenic group. ..
- Kong L, Hanley Bowdoin L. A geminivirus replication protein interacts with a protein kinase and a motor protein that display different expression patterns during plant development and infection. Plant Cell. 2002;14:1817-32 pubmed..Together, our results establish that AL1 interacts with host proteins involved in plant cell division and development. Possible functions of these host factors in healthy and geminivirus-infected plants are discussed. ..
- Hernandez R, Sinodis C, Horton M, Ferreira D, Yang C, Brown D. Deletions in the transmembrane domain of a sindbis virus glycoprotein alter virus infectivity, stability, and host range. J Virol. 2003;77:12710-9 pubmed..We also found that membrane composition effects protein-protein and protein-membrane interactions during virus assembly...
- Zhang W, Xiang Q, Thomas D, Wiegmann B, Frohlich M, Soltis D. Molecular evolution of PISTILLATA-like genes in the dogwood genus Cornus (Cornaceae). Mol Phylogenet Evol. 2008;47:175-95 pubmed publisher..We also found that the CorPI-A copy contains informative phylogenetic information when compared across species of Cornus...
- Chan K, Elhanafi D, Kathariou S. Genomic evidence for interspecies acquisition of chromosomal DNA from Campylobacter jejuni by Campylobacter coli strains of a turkey-associated clonal group (cluster II). Foodborne Pathog Dis. 2008;5:387-98 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest the occurrence of recombination events that resulted in genomic import of DNA from C. jejuni in the region between cydA and aspA in cluster II strains of C. coli. ..
- Charlton N, Carbone I, Tavantzis S, Cubeta M. Phylogenetic relatedness of the M2 double-stranded RNA in Rhizoctonia fungi. Mycologia. 2008;100:555-64 pubmed..To our knowledge this is the first report of a dsRNA occurring in Ceratobasidium that also is present in Thanatephorus. ..
- Donohue K, Khalil S, Sonenshine D, Roe R. Heme-binding storage proteins in the Chelicerata. J Insect Physiol. 2009;55:287-96 pubmed publisher..Comparisons with non-chelicerate arthropods are made in order to highlight the mechanisms and putative functions of heme-binding storage proteins and their possible critical function in the evolution of hematophagy. ..
- Wallace A, Cao Y, Chandramouleeswaran S, Cidlowski J. Lysine 419 targets human glucocorticoid receptor for proteasomal degradation. Steroids. 2010;75:1016-23 pubmed publisher..Together these results suggest that the proteasome and the identified PEST degradation motif limit steroid-dependent human glucocorticoid receptor signaling. ..
- Franco W, Pérez Díaz I, Johanningsmeier S, McFeeters R. Characteristics of spoilage-associated secondary cucumber fermentation. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2012;78:1273-84 pubmed publisher..The unique opportunity to study commercial spoilage samples generated a better understanding of the microbiota and environmental conditions associated with secondary cucumber fermentations. ..
- Hamilton P, Jansen M, Ganesan S, Benson R, Hyde Deruyscher R, Beyer W, et al. Improved bone morphogenetic protein-2 retention in an injectable collagen matrix using bifunctional peptides. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e70715 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that bifunctional peptides that can simultaneously bind to a growth factor and an implantable biomaterial can be used to control the delivery and release of growth factors at the site of implantation. ..
- Bobay B, Digennaro P, Scholl E, Imin N, Djordjevic M, McK Bird D. Solution NMR studies of the plant peptide hormone CEP inform function. FEBS Lett. 2013;587:3979-85 pubmed publisher..Potential mechanisms of action are discussed with respect to the structure and sampling of conformational space. ..
- Huang J, Struck F, Matzinger D, Levings C. Flower-enhanced expression of a nuclear-encoded mitochondrial respiratory protein is associated with changes in mitochondrion number. Plant Cell. 1994;6:439-48 pubmed..Our results suggested that nuclear genes encoding mitochondrial respiratory proteins could sense and respond to changes in energy metabolism and/or changes in mitochondrion numbers...
- Wrobel R, OBrian G, Boston R. Comparative analysis of BiP gene expression in maize endosperm. Gene. 1997;204:105-13 pubmed..These results are suggestive that the BiP genes expressed in endosperm are coordinately regulated members of a more complex maize BiP multigene family. ..
- Haas E, Brown J. Evolutionary variation in bacterial RNase P RNAs. Nucleic Acids Res. 1998;26:4093-9 pubmed
- Pannucci J, Haas E, Hall T, Harris J, Brown J. RNase P RNAs from some Archaea are catalytically active. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1999;96:7803-8 pubmed
- Harris S, Spears P, Havell E, Hamrick T, Horton J, Orndorff P. Characterization of Escherichia coli type 1 pilus mutants with altered binding specificities. J Bacteriol. 2001;183:4099-102 pubmed publisher..One mutation altered an amino acid at a site previously shown to be involved in temperature-dependent binding, and the other altered an amino acid lining the predicted FimH binding pocket...
- Kulkarni N, Yamamoto A, Robinson K, Mackay T, Anholt R. The DSC1 channel, encoded by the smi60E locus, contributes to odor-guided behavior in Drosophila melanogaster. Genetics. 2002;161:1507-16 pubmed..These results indicate that the DSC1 channel contributes to processing of olfactory information during the olfactory avoidance response. ..