Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on mice in Durham, North Carolina, United States
Locale: Durham, North Carolina, United States
Publications686 found, 100 shown here
- Lord C, Savitsky D, Sitcheran R, Calame K, Wright J, Ting J, et al. Blimp-1/PRDM1 mediates transcriptional suppression of the NLR gene NLRP12/Monarch-1. J Immunol. 2009;182:2948-58 pubmed publisher..Analysis of Blimp-1(-/-) murine myeloid cells provides physiologic evidence that Blimp-1 reduces NLRP12 gene expression during cell differentiation. This demonstrates a novel role for Blimp-1 in the regulation of an NLR gene. ..
- Deng J, Rodriguiz R, Hutchinson A, Kim I, Wetsel W, West A. MeCP2 in the nucleus accumbens contributes to neural and behavioral responses to psychostimulants. Nat Neurosci. 2010;13:1128-36 pubmed publisher..These data reveal new roles for MeCP2 both in mesolimbocortical circuit development and in the regulation of psychostimulant-induced behaviors...
- Manzo N, Foster W, Stripp B. Amphiregulin-dependent mucous cell metaplasia in a model of nonallergic lung injury. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2012;47:349-57 pubmed publisher..We conclude that AREG may represent a determinant of nonallergic chronic lung diseases complicated by MCM...
- Choi M, Cohen T, Barrientos T, Wang B, Li M, Simmons B, et al. A direct HDAC4-MAP kinase crosstalk activates muscle atrophy program. Mol Cell. 2012;47:122-32 pubmed publisher..Our findings establish an HDAC4-MAPK-AP1 signaling axis essential for neurogenic muscle atrophy and uncover a direct crosstalk between acetylation- and phosphorylation-dependent signaling cascades. ..
- Yoshizaki A, Miyagaki T, DiLillo D, Matsushita T, Horikawa M, Kountikov E, et al. Regulatory B cells control T-cell autoimmunity through IL-21-dependent cognate interactions. Nature. 2012;491:264-8 pubmed publisher..The ex vivo expansion and reinfusion of autologous B10 cells may provide a novel and effective in vivo treatment for severe autoimmune diseases that are resistant to current therapies. ..
- Wu J, Fanaroff A, Sharma K, Smith L, Brian L, Eipper B, et al. Kalirin promotes neointimal hyperplasia by activating Rac in smooth muscle cells. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2013;33:702-8 pubmed publisher..Kalirin functions as a guanine nucleotide exchange factor for Rac1 in SMCs, and promotes SMC migration and proliferation both in vitro and in vivo. ..
- Bassat E, Mutlak Y, Genzelinakh A, Shadrin I, Baruch Umansky K, Yifa O, et al. The extracellular matrix protein agrin promotes heart regeneration in mice. Nature. 2017;547:179-184 pubmed publisher..Together, our results uncover a new inducer of mammalian heart regeneration and highlight fundamental roles of the extracellular matrix in cardiac repair. ..
- Uchida J, Lee Y, Hasegawa M, Liang Y, Bradney A, Oliver J, et al. Mouse CD20 expression and function. Int Immunol. 2004;16:119-29 pubmed..Thus, mouse and human CD20 share similar patterns of expression and function. These studies thereby provide an animal model for studying CD20 function in vivo and the molecular mechanisms that influence anti-CD20 immunotherapy. ..
- Nathan J, Romac J, Peng R, Peyton M, Macdonald R, Liddle R. Transgenic expression of pancreatic secretory trypsin inhibitor-I ameliorates secretagogue-induced pancreatitis in mice. Gastroenterology. 2005;128:717-27 pubmed..We propose that PSTI-I prevents pancreatitis by inhibiting the activity of trypsin, rather than by reducing trypsinogen activation. ..
- Rich J, Sathornsumetee S, Keir S, Kieran M, Laforme A, Kaipainen A, et al. ZD6474, a novel tyrosine kinase inhibitor of vascular endothelial growth factor receptor and epidermal growth factor receptor, inhibits tumor growth of multiple nervous system tumors. Clin Cancer Res. 2005;11:8145-57 pubmed..In conclusion, ZD6474 shows significant activity against xenograft models of several primary human CNS tumor types. Consideration for clinical development in this disease setting seems warranted. ..
- Jia J, Kondo M, Zhuang Y. Germline transcription from T-cell receptor Vbeta gene is uncoupled from allelic exclusion. EMBO J. 2007;26:2387-99 pubmed..Results presented here suggest that germline transcription, although necessary for V(D)J recombination, is not sufficient to instruct allelic exclusion. ..
- Bell E, Richardson G, Jahoda C, Gledhill K, Phillips H, Henderson D, et al. Dermal stem cells can differentiate down an endothelial lineage. Stem Cells Dev. 2012;21:3019-30 pubmed publisher..Importantly, cells of neural crest origin that express markers of endothelial and mesenchymal lineages exist within the dermal sheath of the vibrissae follicle. ..
- Emmenegger B, Hwang E, Moore C, Markant S, Brun S, Dutton J, et al. Distinct roles for fibroblast growth factor signaling in cerebellar development and medulloblastoma. Oncogene. 2013;32:4181-8 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that activators of FGF signaling may be useful for targeting medulloblastoma and other Shh-dependent tumors. ..
- Briggs M, Schachat F. Physiologically regulated alternative splicing patterns of fast troponin T RNA are conserved in mammals. Am J Physiol. 1996;270:C298-305 pubmed
- Raucher D, Stauffer T, Chen W, Shen K, Guo S, York J, et al. Phosphatidylinositol 4,5-bisphosphate functions as a second messenger that regulates cytoskeleton-plasma membrane adhesion. Cell. 2000;100:221-8 pubmed..Our study suggests that plasma membrane PIP2 controls dynamic membrane functions and cell shape by locally increasing and decreasing the adhesion between the actin-based cortical cytoskeleton and the plasma membrane. ..
- D Souza C, Alspaugh J, Yue C, Harashima T, Cox G, Perfect J, et al. Cyclic AMP-dependent protein kinase controls virulence of the fungal pathogen Cryptococcus neoformans. Mol Cell Biol. 2001;21:3179-91 pubmed..These findings define a Galpha protein-cAMP-PKA signaling pathway regulating differentiation and virulence of a human fungal pathogen. ..
- Erickson G, Gimble J, Franklin D, Rice H, Awad H, Guilak F. Chondrogenic potential of adipose tissue-derived stromal cells in vitro and in vivo. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2002;290:763-9 pubmed
- Rudolph E, Congdon K, Sackey F, Fitzsimons M, Foster M. Humoral autoimmunity to basement membrane antigens is regulated in C57BL/6 and MRL/MpJ mice transgenic for anti-laminin Ig receptors. J Immunol. 2002;168:5943-53 pubmed
- Misra U, Akabani G, Pizzo S. The role of cAMP-dependent signaling in receptor-recognized forms of alpha 2-macroglobulin-induced cellular proliferation. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:36509-20 pubmed..We conclude that cAMP-dependent signal transduction as well as other signaling cascades are essential for alpha(2)M*-induced cell proliferation. ..
- Perry S, Baillie G, Kohout T, McPhee I, Magiera M, Ang K, et al. Targeting of cyclic AMP degradation to beta 2-adrenergic receptors by beta-arrestins. Science. 2002;298:834-6 pubmed
- Huang X, Zhu J, Yang Y. Protection against autoimmunity in nonlymphopenic hosts by CD4+ CD25+ regulatory T cells is antigen-specific and requires IL-10 and TGF-beta. J Immunol. 2005;175:4283-91 pubmed
- Mi Z, Guo H, Wai P, Gao C, Kuo P. Integrin-linked kinase regulates osteopontin-dependent MMP-2 and uPA expression to convey metastatic function in murine mammary epithelial cancer cells. Carcinogenesis. 2006;27:1134-45 pubmed..In 4T1 murine mammary cancer cells, we conclude that OPN mediates metastatic behavior, in part, through upregulation of MMP-2 and uPA protein expression. ..
- Suzuki A, McCall S, Choi S, Sicklick J, Huang J, Qi Y, et al. Interleukin-15 increases hepatic regenerative activity. J Hepatol. 2006;45:410-8 pubmed..IL-15 expression increases during liver injury and IL-15 treatment induces a wound healing-type response in healthy adult mice. These findings suggest that IL-15 may contribute to regenerative activity in damaged liver. ..
- Mesis R, Wang H, Lombard F, Yates R, Vitek M, Borel C, et al. Dissociation between vasospasm and functional improvement in a murine model of subarachnoid hemorrhage. Neurosurg Focus. 2006;21:E4 pubmed..These results demonstrate a dissociation between vasospasm and neurological outcomes that is consistent with findings of previous clinical trials. ..
- Lo H, Cao X, Zhu H, Ali Osman F. Constitutively activated STAT3 frequently coexpresses with epidermal growth factor receptor in high-grade gliomas and targeting STAT3 sensitizes them to Iressa and alkylators. Clin Cancer Res. 2008;14:6042-54 pubmed publisher..STAT3 constitutive activation, alone and in concurrence with EGFR expression, plays an important role in high-grade/malignant gliomas and targeting STAT3/JAK2 sensitizes these tumors to anti-EGFR and alkylating agents. ..
- Brady S, Gunasingha R, Yoshizumi T, Howell C, Crowell A, Fallin B, et al. A feasibility study using radiochromic films for fast neutron 2D passive dosimetry. Phys Med Biol. 2010;55:4977-92 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrated the potential application of radiochromic films for passive 2D neutron dosimetry. ..
- Zhou X, Takatoh J, Wang F. The mammalian class 3 PI3K (PIK3C3) is required for early embryogenesis and cell proliferation. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e16358 pubmed publisher..Finally, we provide evidence that mTOR signaling is drastically reduced in Pik3c3 null embryos, which could be a major contributor to the observed proliferation and embryogenesis defects. ..
- Alexander P, Wang J, McKnight S. Targeted killing of a mammalian cell based upon its specialized metabolic state. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:15828-33 pubmed publisher..These studies demonstrate how it is possible to kill a specific mammalian cell type on the basis of its specialized metabolic state. ..
- Su D, Cha Y, West A. Mutation of MeCP2 alters transcriptional regulation of select immediate-early genes. Epigenetics. 2012;7:146-54 pubmed publisher..In addition, our findings raise the possibility that aberrant regulation of IEGs including Junb and Arc may contribute to altered cocaine-induced neuronal and behavioral plasticity in Mecp2 mutant mice. ..
- Doan P, Russell J, Himburg H, Helms K, Harris J, Lucas J, et al. Tie2(+) bone marrow endothelial cells regulate hematopoietic stem cell regeneration following radiation injury. Stem Cells. 2013;31:327-37 pubmed publisher..Therefore, BM ECs may be therapeutically targeted as a means to augment hematopoietic reconstitution following myelosuppression...
- Liu L, Simon S. Modulation of IA currents by capsaicin in rat trigeminal ganglion neurons. J Neurophysiol. 2003;89:1387-401 pubmed..That activation, partially through the activation of cGMP-PKG and calmodulin-dependent pathways should result in increased excitability of capsaicin-sensitive nociceptors. ..
- Meloni A, Fralish G, Kelly P, Salahpour A, Chen J, Wechsler Reya R, et al. Smoothened signal transduction is promoted by G protein-coupled receptor kinase 2. Mol Cell Biol. 2006;26:7550-60 pubmed..Together, these data suggest that GRK2 plays a positive role in Smoothened signaling, at least in part, through the promotion of an association between beta-arrestin 2 and Smoothened. ..
- Coons L, Hewitt S, Burkholder A, McDonnell D, Korach K. DNA Sequence Constraints Define Functionally Active Steroid Nuclear Receptor Binding Sites in Chromatin. Endocrinology. 2017;158:3212-3234 pubmed publisher..These findings define the transcriptional grammar necessary to predict functionality from regulatory sequences, with a multitude of future implications...
- Blackshear P, Verghese G, Johnson J, Haupt D, Stumpo D. Characteristics of the F52 protein, a MARCKS homologue. J Biol Chem. 1992;267:13540-6 pubmed..The F52 protein is clearly a member of the MARCKS family as defined by primary sequence; in addition, the two proteins share several key attributes that may be functionally important. ..
- Huang P, Gaitan A, Hao Y, Petters R, Wong F. Cellular interactions implicated in the mechanism of photoreceptor degeneration in transgenic mice expressing a mutant rhodopsin gene. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1993;90:8484-8 pubmed..Our results demonstrate non-autonomy of gene action for the mutated rhodopsin gene and imply that cellular interactions between photoreceptors in the retina probably play a role in degeneration. ..
- Zhou D, Lambert S, Malen P, Carpenter S, Boland L, Bennett V. AnkyrinG is required for clustering of voltage-gated Na channels at axon initial segments and for normal action potential firing. J Cell Biol. 1998;143:1295-304 pubmed..These results demonstrate that ankyrinG is essential for clustering NaCh and neurofascin at axon initial segments and is required for physiological levels of sodium channel activity. ..
- Steeber D, Tang M, Zhang X, Muller W, Wagner N, Tedder T. Efficient lymphocyte migration across high endothelial venules of mouse Peyer's patches requires overlapping expression of L-selectin and beta7 integrin. J Immunol. 1998;161:6638-47 pubmed
- Gainetdinov R, Mohn A, Bohn L, Caron M. Glutamatergic modulation of hyperactivity in mice lacking the dopamine transporter. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2001;98:11047-54 pubmed
- Fadel S, Ozaki D, Sarzotti M. Enhanced type 1 immunity after secondary viral challenge in mice primed as neonates. J Immunol. 2002;169:3293-300 pubmed..Rather, type 1 anti-viral memory CD8+ T cell responses developed in neonatal mice are stable, protective, and enhanced after secondary challenge. ..
- Luo M, Fee M, Katz L. Encoding pheromonal signals in the accessory olfactory bulb of behaving mice. Science. 2003;299:1196-201 pubmed..We infer that mammals encode social and reproductive information by integrating vomeronasal sensory activity specific to sex and genetic makeup. ..
- Welch J, Wang D, Feng G. Differential mRNA expression and protein localization of the SAP90/PSD-95-associated proteins (SAPAPs) in the nervous system of the mouse. J Comp Neurol. 2004;472:24-39 pubmed..Together, these results indicate that the SAPAPs are general components of excitatory synapses and that each of these proteins may perform a distinct function. ..
- Dzhagalov I, Giguere V, He Y. Lymphocyte development and function in the absence of retinoic acid-related orphan receptor alpha. J Immunol. 2004;173:2952-9 pubmed
- Black E, Hallstrom T, Dressman H, West M, Nevins J. Distinctions in the specificity of E2F function revealed by gene expression signatures. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:15948-53 pubmed
- Hutson M, Zhang P, Stadt H, Sato A, Li Y, Burch J, et al. Cardiac arterial pole alignment is sensitive to FGF8 signaling in the pharynx. Dev Biol. 2006;295:486-97 pubmed..These results indicate that the secondary heart field myocardium is particularly sensitive to FGF8 signaling for normal conotruncal development, and further, that cardiac neural crest cells modulate FGF8 signaling in the caudal pharynx. ..
- Zhu J, Huang X, Yang Y. Type I IFN signaling on both B and CD4 T cells is required for protective antibody response to adenovirus. J Immunol. 2007;178:3505-10 pubmed..The results may suggest potential strategies for improving adenovirus-mediated gene therapy in vivo and/or the design of effective vaccines for cancer and infectious diseases. ..
- Barske L, Capel B. Blurring the edges in vertebrate sex determination. Curr Opin Genet Dev. 2008;18:499-505 pubmed publisher..This system would be highly responsive to changes in the upstream primary signal and may provide a basis for the rapid evolution of and transitions between different methods of sex determination. ..
- Mavropoulos J, Buschemeyer W, Tewari A, Rokhfeld D, Pollak M, Zhao Y, et al. The effects of varying dietary carbohydrate and fat content on survival in a murine LNCaP prostate cancer xenograft model. Cancer Prev Res (Phila). 2009;2:557-65 pubmed publisher..These results support further preclinical exploration of carbohydrate restriction in prostate cancer and possibly warrant pilot or feasibility testing in humans. ..
- Bohórquez D, Chandra R, Samsa L, Vigna S, Liddle R. Characterization of basal pseudopod-like processes in ileal and colonic PYY cells. J Mol Histol. 2011;42:3-13 pubmed publisher..The anatomical arrangement of these structures suggests a dual function as a dock for receptors to survey absorbed nutrients and as a launching platform for hormone secretion in a paracrine fashion. ..
- Lin K, Sweeney S, Kang B, Ramsburg E, Gunn M. CCR2-antagonist prophylaxis reduces pulmonary immune pathology and markedly improves survival during influenza infection. J Immunol. 2011;186:508-15 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that CCR2 antagonists may represent an effective prophylaxis against influenza-induced pulmonary immune pathology. ..
- Badea C, Guo X, Clark D, Johnston S, Marshall C, Piantadosi C. Dual-energy micro-CT of the rodent lung. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2012;302:L1088-97 pubmed publisher..Our method has applicability in preclinical pulmonary studies where changes in lung structure and gas volume as a result of lung injury, environmental exposures, or drug bioactivity would have important physiological implications. ..
- Lawson S, Dobrikova E, Shveygert M, Gromeier M. p38? mitogen-activated protein kinase depletion and repression of signal transduction to translation machinery by miR-124 and -128 in neurons. Mol Cell Biol. 2013;33:127-35 pubmed publisher..This regulatory axis is greatly diminished in neurons, which may insulate brain physiology and function from p38?-Mnk1-mediated signaling. ..
- Choi B, Kuan C, Cai M, Archer G, Mitchell D, Gedeon P, et al. Systemic administration of a bispecific antibody targeting EGFRvIII successfully treats intracerebral glioma. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:270-5 pubmed publisher..Finally, bscEGFRvIIIxCD3 represents a unique advancement in BiTE technology given its exquisite tumor specificity, which enables precise elimination of cancer without the risk of autoimmune toxicity. ..
- Verkoczy L, Chen Y, Zhang J, Bouton Verville H, Newman A, Lockwood B, et al. Induction of HIV-1 broad neutralizing antibodies in 2F5 knock-in mice: selection against membrane proximal external region-associated autoreactivity limits T-dependent responses. J Immunol. 2013;191:2538-50 pubmed publisher
- Barton K, Misuraca K, Cordero F, Dobrikova E, Min H, Gromeier M, et al. PD-0332991, a CDK4/6 inhibitor, significantly prolongs survival in a genetically engineered mouse model of brainstem glioma. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e77639 pubmed publisher..These findings provide the rationale for evaluating PD in children with Ink4a-ARF deficient gliomas. ..
- Song M, Mattie M, Lee C, Freedman J. The role of Nrf1 and Nrf2 in the regulation of copper-responsive transcription. Exp Cell Res. 2014;322:39-50 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that while Nrf2 is crucial for MRE/ARE-mediated transcription in response to copper, Nrf1 may activate MT-1 expression by a mechanism different from that Nrf2 employs. ..
- Lai W, Thompson M, Taylor G, Liu Y, Blackshear P. Promoter analysis of Zfp-36, the mitogen-inducible gene encoding the zinc finger protein tristetraprolin. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:25266-72 pubmed..These results suggest that the response of Zfp-36 to serum and other mitogens is mediated by a series of cis-acting elements acting in concert to confer full inducible transcription of this gene. ..
- Shafqat S, Velaz Faircloth M, Henzi V, Whitney K, Yang Feng T, Seldin M, et al. Human brain-specific L-proline transporter: molecular cloning, functional expression, and chromosomal localization of the gene in human and mouse genomes. Mol Pharmacol. 1995;48:219-29 pubmed..These findings warrant the consideration of a synaptic regulatory role for this transporter and its presumed natural substrate, L-proline, in the mammalian central nervous system. ..
- Price D, Coleman R, Liao R, Robertson C, Polascik T, DeGrado T. Comparison of [18 F]fluorocholine and [18 F]fluorodeoxyglucose for positron emission tomography of androgen dependent and androgen independent prostate cancer. J Urol. 2002;168:273-80 pubmed..We evaluated the novel choline analog [18F]fluorocholine (FCH) for detecting androgen dependent and androgen independent prostate cancer, and its metastases...
- Burton E, Oliver T, Pendergast A. Abl kinases regulate actin comet tail elongation via an N-WASP-dependent pathway. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:8834-43 pubmed..These data demonstrate for the first time that the Abl kinases play a role in the intracellular motility and intercellular dissemination of Shigella and uncover a new role for Abl kinases in the regulation of pathogen motility. ..
- Puranam K, Wu G, Strittmatter W, Burke J. Polyglutamine expansion inhibits respiration by increasing reactive oxygen species in isolated mitochondria. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;341:607-13 pubmed..We propose a model in which pathologic-length PolyQ protein directly inhibits mitochondrial function by inducing oxidative stress. ..
- Christensen S, Coles J, Zelenski N, Furman B, Leddy H, Zauscher S, et al. Altered trabecular bone structure and delayed cartilage degeneration in the knees of collagen VI null mice. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e33397 pubmed publisher..Together with previous studies showing accelerated hip osteoarthritis in Col6a1(-/-) mice, these findings suggest different roles for collagen VI at different sites in the body, consistent with clinical data. ..
- Urban D, Zhu H, Marcinkiewcz C, Michaelides M, Oshibuchi H, Rhea D, et al. Elucidation of The Behavioral Program and Neuronal Network Encoded by Dorsal Raphe Serotonergic Neurons. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2016;41:1404-15 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal a previously unappreciated brain network elicited by selective activation of DRN serotonin neurons and illuminate potential therapeutic and adverse effects of drugs targeting DRN neurons. ..
- Brown D. Practical Stereology Applications for the Pathologist. Vet Pathol. 2017;54:358-368 pubmed publisher..This review introduces pathologists to the basic principles of stereology and walks the reader through some real-world examples for the application of these principles in the workplace. ..
- Bieniasz P, Fridell R, Anthony K, Cullen B. Murine CXCR-4 is a functional coreceptor for T-cell-tropic and dual-tropic strains of human immunodeficiency virus type 1. J Virol. 1997;71:7097-100 pubmed..Overall, these data suggest that the reported lack of susceptibility of hCD4+ murine cells to HIV-1 infection in vitro is, at least in part, due to a lack of mCXCR-4 expression rather than a lack of coreceptor function. ..
- Cross H, Murphy E, Koch W, Steenbergen C. Male and female mice overexpressing the beta(2)-adrenergic receptor exhibit differences in ischemia/reperfusion injury: role of nitric oxide. Cardiovasc Res. 2002;53:662-71 pubmed..Protection was abolished by treatment with L-NAME, but not 1400W, implying that protection was mediated by eNOS not iNOS. ..
- Shan S, Robson N, Cao Y, Qiao T, Li C, Kontos C, et al. Responses of vascular endothelial cells to angiogenic signaling are important for tumor cell survival. FASEB J. 2004;18:326-8 pubmed..These subsequent signals from endothelial cells promote early survival and proliferation of disseminated tumor cells before onset of angiogenesis. ..
- Garantziotis S, Brass D, Savov J, Hollingsworth J, McElvania TeKippe E, Berman K, et al. Leukocyte-derived IL-10 reduces subepithelial fibrosis associated with chronically inhaled endotoxin. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2006;35:662-7 pubmed..The role of IL-10 on airway hyperreactivity is complex: IL-10 deficiency protects against LPS-induced hyperreactivity, and is associated with higher eNOS, iNOS, and airway nitrate levels. ..
- Rawlins E, Okubo T, Xue Y, Brass D, Auten R, Hasegawa H, et al. The role of Scgb1a1+ Clara cells in the long-term maintenance and repair of lung airway, but not alveolar, epithelium. Cell Stem Cell. 2009;4:525-34 pubmed publisher..Rather, our results support a model in which the trachea, bronchioles, and alveoli are maintained by distinct populations of epithelial progenitor cells. ..
- Chuck M, Zhu M, Shen S, Zhang W. The role of the LAT-PLC-gamma1 interaction in T regulatory cell function. J Immunol. 2010;184:2476-86 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that the binding of LAT to PLC-gamma1 is essential for the suppressive function of CD4(+)CD25(+) regulatory T cells. ..
- Takatoh J, Nelson A, Zhou X, Bolton M, Ehlers M, Arenkiel B, et al. New modules are added to vibrissal premotor circuitry with the emergence of exploratory whisking. Neuron. 2013;77:346-60 pubmed publisher..Thus, neural modules that are well suited to facilitate the bilateral coordination and cortical control of whisking are added to the premotor circuitry in parallel with the emergence of this exploratory behavior. ..
- Selgrade M, Blain R, Fedak K, Cawley M. Potential risk of asthma associated with in utero exposure to xenobiotics. Birth Defects Res C Embryo Today. 2013;99:1-13 pubmed publisher..Genetic predisposition and epigenetic changes have been explored. The developing immune, respiratory, and nervous systems are potential targets. Oxidative stress and modulation of inflammation are thought to be involved. ..
- Seldin L, Poulson N, Foote H, Lechler T. NuMA localization, stability, and function in spindle orientation involve 4.1 and Cdk1 interactions. Mol Biol Cell. 2013;24:3651-62 pubmed publisher..This work highlights the complexity of NuMA localization and reveals the importance of NuMA cortical stability for productive force generation during spindle orientation. ..
- Gallego Perez D, Otero J, Czeisler C, Ma J, Ortíz C, Gygli P, et al. Deterministic transfection drives efficient nonviral reprogramming and uncovers reprogramming barriers. Nanomedicine. 2016;12:399-409 pubmed publisher..This new technique could provide a platform for further future designs. ..
- Nelson C, Hakim C, Ousterout D, Thakore P, Moreb E, Castellanos Rivera R, et al. In vivo genome editing improves muscle function in a mouse model of Duchenne muscular dystrophy. Science. 2016;351:403-7 pubmed publisher..This work establishes CRISPR-Cas9-based genome editing as a potential therapy to treat DMD. ..
- Hinson T, Damodaran T, Chen J, Zhang X, Qumsiyeh M, Seldin M, et al. Identification of putative transmembrane receptor sequences homologous to the calcium-sensing G-protein-coupled receptor. Genomics. 1997;45:279-89 pubmed..Our findings establish the existence of a novel multimembered family of Casr-related sequences in the mouse which may encode receptors that transduce responses to diverse extracellular cations. ..
- Choi M, Stottmann R, Yang Y, Meyers E, Klingensmith J. The bone morphogenetic protein antagonist noggin regulates mammalian cardiac morphogenesis. Circ Res. 2007;100:220-8 pubmed..These data indicate that antagonism of BMP signaling by Noggin plays a critical role in ensuring proper levels of cell proliferation and EMT during cardiac morphogenesis in the mouse. ..
- Syn W, Choi S, Liaskou E, Karaca G, Agboola K, Oo Y, et al. Osteopontin is induced by hedgehog pathway activation and promotes fibrosis progression in nonalcoholic steatohepatitis. Hepatology. 2011;53:106-15 pubmed publisher..05). OPN is Hh-regulated and directly promotes profibrogenic responses. OPN induction correlates with Hh pathway activity and fibrosis stage. Therefore, OPN inhibition may be beneficial in NASH. ..
- Bultman S, Holley D, G de Ridder G, Pizzo S, Sidorova T, Murray K, et al. BRG1 and BRM SWI/SNF ATPases redundantly maintain cardiomyocyte homeostasis by regulating cardiomyocyte mitophagy and mitochondrial dynamics in vivo. Cardiovasc Pathol. 2016;25:258-269 pubmed publisher..As critical to the pathogenesis of heart failure, epigenetic mechanisms like SWI/SNF chromatin remodeling seem more intimately linked to cardiac function and mitochondrial quality control mechanisms than previously realized. ..
- Domalik L, Chaplin D, Kirkman M, Wu R, Liu W, Howard T, et al. Different isozymes of mouse 11 beta-hydroxylase produce mineralocorticoids and glucocorticoids. Mol Endocrinol. 1991;5:1853-61 pubmed..abstract truncated at 250 words) ..
- Schanberg L, Fleenor D, Kurtzberg J, Haynes B, Kaufman R. Isolation and characterization of the genomic human CD7 gene: structural similarity with the murine Thy-1 gene. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1991;88:603-7 pubmed..Both CD7 and Thy-1 are encoded by small genes with four exons, contain TATA-less promoters, and have a similar functional organization. These structural similarities suggest that human CD7 and murine Thy-1 may be functional homologues. ..
- Datto M, Frederick J, Pan L, Borton A, Zhuang Y, Wang X. Targeted disruption of Smad3 reveals an essential role in transforming growth factor beta-mediated signal transduction. Mol Cell Biol. 1999;19:2495-504 pubmed..These data, taken together, establish a role for Smad3 in mediating the antiproliferative effects of TGF-beta and implicate Smad3 as a potential effector for TGF-beta in modulating immune system function. ..
- Folz R, Nepluev I. Poly(A) cDNA-specific (PACS) RT-PCR: a quantitative method for the measurement of any poly(A)-containing mRNA not affected by contaminating genomic DNA. Biotechniques. 2000;29:762, 764-5, 766-8 pubmed..A second cDNA-specific sense primer can be used that does not need to be separated by intronic DNA sequence. ..
- Misra U, Pizzo S. Activation of Akt/PDK signaling in macrophages upon binding of receptor-recognized forms of alpha2-macroglobulin to its cellular receptor: effect of silencing the CREB gene. J Cell Biochem. 2004;93:1020-32 pubmed..We conclude that in murine peritoneal macrophages, alpha2M*-induced increase of cAMP is involved in cellular proliferation and this process is mediated by the PI 3-kinase signaling cascade. ..