Experts and Doctors on informed consent in Durham, United States
Locale: Durham, United States
Topic: informed consent
- Evans H. Should patients be allowed to veto their participation in clinical research?. J Med Ethics. 2004;30:198-203 pubmed..By analogy with the paying of income tax, patients should not be allowed to "veto" their social responsibility to take part in clinical research. ..
- DeCamp M, Sugarman J. Ethics in population-based genetic research. Account Res. 2004;11:1-26 pubmed..Its focus is on areas where consensus is forming and where future work is needed. ..
- DeCamp M, Sugarman J. Ethics in behavioral genetics research. Account Res. 2004;11:27-47 pubmed..Determining how to deal with these concerns should be a focus of future scholarly work. ..
- Vaslef S, Cairns C, Falletta J. Ethical and regulatory challenges associated with the exception from informed consent requirements for emergency research: from experimental design to institutional review board approval. Arch Surg. 2006;141:1019-23; discussion 1024 pubmed....
- Weinfurt K, Hall M, Friedman J, Hardy C, Fortune Greeley A, Lawlor J, et al. Effects of disclosing financial interests on participation in medical research: a randomized vignette trial. Am Heart J. 2008;156:689-97 pubmed..Little is known about the effects of investigators' financial disclosures on potential research participants...
- Han C, Kwak K, Marks D, Pae C, Wu L, Bhatia K, et al. The impact of the CONSORT statement on reporting of randomized clinical trials in psychiatry. Contemp Clin Trials. 2009;30:116-22 pubmed publisher..Although the overall quality of reporting on psychiatric RCTs generally improved after publication of the CONSORT statement, reporting the details of randomization, blinding, and obtaining informed consent remain insufficient. ..
- Namey E, Beskow L. Epilepsy patient-participants and genetic research results as "answers". J Empir Res Hum Res Ethics. 2011;6:21-9 pubmed publisher..Their multi-layered interpretations underscore the need for clear communication about the nature and limitations of results if individual or aggregate genetic results are returned in the process of recruitment for additional research. ..
- Peppercorn J, Shapira I, Deshields T, Kroetz D, Friedman P, Spears P, et al. Ethical aspects of participation in the database of genotypes and phenotypes of the National Center for Biotechnology Information: the Cancer and Leukemia Group B Experience. Cancer. 2012;118:5060-8 pubmed publisher....
- Lyerly A, Faden R. Embryonic stem cells. Willingness to donate frozen embryos for stem cell research. Science. 2007;317:46-7 pubmed
- Haga S, Burke W. Pharmacogenetic testing: not as simple as it seems. Genet Med. 2008;10:391-5 pubmed publisher..These issues have implications for informed consent and genetic counseling requirements, and for the role of health professionals. ..
- Beskow L, Friedman J, Hardy N, Lin L, Weinfurt K. Developing a simplified consent form for biobanking. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e13302 pubmed publisher....