Experts and Doctors on indoleacetic acids in Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
Locale: Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
Topic: indoleacetic acids
- Basu S, Sun H, Brian L, Quatrano R, Muday G. Early embryo development in Fucus distichus is auxin sensitive. Plant Physiol. 2002;130:292-302 pubmed..The results of this study suggest that auxin acts in the formation of apical basal patterns in F. distichus embryo development. ..
- Buer C, Sukumar P, Muday G. Ethylene modulates flavonoid accumulation and gravitropic responses in roots of Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2006;140:1384-96 pubmed..Together, these experiments suggest that elevated ethylene levels negatively regulate root gravitropism, using EIN2- and ETR1-dependent pathways, and that ACC inhibition of gravity response occurs through altering flavonoid synthesis. ..
- Muday G, Brady S, Argueso C, Deruère J, Kieber J, DeLong A. RCN1-regulated phosphatase activity and EIN2 modulate hypocotyl gravitropism by a mechanism that does not require ethylene signaling. Plant Physiol. 2006;141:1617-29 pubmed
- Lewis D, Negi S, Sukumar P, Muday G. Ethylene inhibits lateral root development, increases IAA transport and expression of PIN3 and PIN7 auxin efflux carriers. Development. 2011;138:3485-95 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that ACC treatment increased PIN3 and PIN7 expression, resulting in elevated auxin transport, which prevented the localized accumulation of auxin needed to drive lateral root formation. ..
- Sukumar P, Maloney G, Muday G. Localized induction of the ATP-binding cassette B19 auxin transporter enhances adventitious root formation in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2013;162:1392-405 pubmed publisher..These experiments are consistent with localized synthesis of ABCB19 protein after hypocotyl excision leads to enhanced IAA transport and local IAA accumulation driving adventitious root formation. ..