Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on gtp binding proteins in Chapel Hill, North Carolina, United States
Locale: Chapel Hill, North Carolina, United States
Topic: gtp binding proteins
- Zeller C, Parnell S, Dohlman H. The RACK1 ortholog Asc1 functions as a G-protein beta subunit coupled to glucose responsiveness in yeast. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:25168-76 pubmed..Our findings reveal the existence of an unusual Gbeta subunit, one having multiple functions within the cell in addition to serving as a signal transducer for cell surface receptors and intracellular effectors. ..
- Zhang Y, Xiong Y. Mutations in human ARF exon 2 disrupt its nucleolar localization and impair its ability to block nuclear export of MDM2 and p53. Mol Cell. 1999;3:579-91 pubmed..Our results suggest an ARF-regulated MDM2-dependent p53 stabilization and link the human tumor-associated mutations in ARF with a functional alteration. ..
- Zohn I, Symons M, Chrzanowska Wodnicka M, Westwick J, Der C. Mas oncogene signaling and transformation require the small GTP-binding protein Rac. Mol Cell Biol. 1998;18:1225-35 pubmed..Thus, Rho family proteins are common mediators of transformation by a diverse variety of oncogene proteins that include Ras, Dbl family, and G-protein-coupled oncogene proteins. ..
- Boyer J, Waldo G, Harden T. Molecular cloning and expression of an avian G protein-coupled P2Y receptor. Mol Pharmacol. 1997;52:928-34 pubmed..Taken together, these results describe the identification of an avian phospholipase C-coupled P2Y receptor that, like the mammalian P2Y2 receptor, is activated by both adenine and uridine nucleotides...
- Bi E, Pringle J. ZDS1 and ZDS2, genes whose products may regulate Cdc42p in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Cell Biol. 1996;16:5264-75 pubmed..As ZDS1 and ZDS2 have recently been identified also by numerous other groups studying a wide range of biological phenomena, the roles of Cdc42p in intracellular signaling may be more diverse than has previously been appreciated. ..
- Waldo G, Paterson A, Boyer J, Nicholas R, Harden T. Molecular cloning, expression and regulatory activity of G alpha 11- and beta gamma-subunit-stimulated phospholipase C-beta from avian erythrocytes. Biochem J. 1996;316 ( Pt 2):559-68 pubmed..The turkey PLC-beta was more sensitive to activation by G alpha 11 than was PLC-beta 2, and was more sensitive to activation by beta gamma-subunits than either PLC-beta 2 or PLC-beta 1. ..
- Boyer J, Delaney S, Villanueva D, Harden T. A molecularly identified P2Y receptor simultaneously activates phospholipase C and inhibits adenylyl cyclase and is nonselectively activated by all nucleoside triphosphates. Mol Pharmacol. 2000;57:805-10 pubmed..This is the first cloned P2Y receptor that is clearly Gi/adenylyl cyclase-linked. ..
- Harton J, Cressman D, Chin K, Der C, Ting J. GTP binding by class II transactivator: role in nuclear import. Science. 1999;285:1402-5 pubmed..GTP binding by CIITA correlates with nuclear import. Thus, unlike other GTP-binding proteins, CIITA is involved in transcriptional activation that uses GTP binding to facilitate its own nuclear import. ..
- Ricks T, Trejo J. Phosphorylation of protease-activated receptor-2 differentially regulates desensitization and internalization. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:34444-57 pubmed publisher..Thus, our studies reveal a novel function for phosphorylation that differentially regulates PAR2 desensitization and endocytic trafficking. ..
- Maurice D, Waldo G, Morris A, Nicholas R, Harden T. Identification of G alpha 11 as the phospholipase C-activating G-protein of turkey erythrocytes. Biochem J. 1993;290 ( Pt 3):765-70 pubmed..Taken together, these results unambiguously identify the protein purified from turkey erythrocytes, on the basis of its capacity to activate avian phospholipase C, as G alpha 11. ..