Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on circadian rhythm in Chapel Hill, North Carolina, United States
Locale: Chapel Hill, North Carolina, United States
Topic: circadian rhythm
- Krishnaiah S, Wu G, Altman B, Growe J, Rhoades S, Coldren F, et al. Clock Regulation of Metabolites Reveals Coupling between Transcription and Metabolism. Cell Metab. 2017;25:961-974.e4 pubmed publisher..These results provide the first comprehensive views of circadian liver and cell-autonomous metabolism. ..
- Dennis B, Stamler J, Buzzard M, Conway R, Elliott P, Moag Stahlberg A, et al. INTERMAP: the dietary data--process and quality control. J Hum Hypertens. 2003;17:609-22 pubmed..For quality assessment, use of correlation data on dietary and urinary nutrient values yielded meaningful findings, including evidence of special difficulties in assessing sodium intake by dietary methods...
- Sancar A. Regulation of the mammalian circadian clock by cryptochrome. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:34079-82 pubmed
- Fry J, Cheek C, Paterson R, Proffit W. Long-wave cycles in the position of erupting human premolars. Arch Oral Biol. 2004;49:1007-13 pubmed..Because they are similar whether or not a tooth is erupting at a particular time, however, it appears that they are not a direct reflection of a blood flow-related eruption mechanism. ..
- Unsal Kaçmaz K, Mullen T, Kaufmann W, Sancar A. Coupling of human circadian and cell cycles by the timeless protein. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:3109-16 pubmed
- Gaddameedhi S, Selby C, Kaufmann W, Smart R, Sancar A. Control of skin cancer by the circadian rhythm. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:18790-5 pubmed publisher..We conclude that time of day of exposure to UVR is a contributing factor to its carcinogenicity in mice, and possibly in humans. ..
- Kang T, Reardon J, Kemp M, Sancar A. Circadian oscillation of nucleotide excision repair in mammalian brain. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:2864-7 pubmed publisher..The circadian oscillation of the repair capacity is caused at least in part by the circadian oscillation of the xeroderma pigmentosum A DNA damage recognition protein. ..
- Partch C, Shields K, Thompson C, Selby C, Sancar A. Posttranslational regulation of the mammalian circadian clock by cryptochrome and protein phosphatase 5. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:10467-10472 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these findings indicate that PP5, CKIepsilon, and cryptochrome dynamically regulate the mammalian circadian clock. ..
- Lee J, Gaddameedhi S, Ozturk N, Ye R, Sancar A. DNA damage-specific control of cell death by cryptochrome in p53-mutant ras-transformed cells. Cancer Res. 2013;73:785-91 pubmed publisher..Our findings establish distinct roles for cryptochromes in intrinsic apoptosis induced by UV mimetic and radiomimetic agents. ..
- Huang H, Alvarez S, Bindbeutel R, Shen Z, Naldrett M, Evans B, et al. Identification of Evening Complex Associated Proteins in Arabidopsis by Affinity Purification and Mass Spectrometry. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2016;15:201-17 pubmed publisher..thaliana. Coupling mass spectrometry and genetics is a powerful method to rapidly and directly identify novel components and connections within and between complex signaling pathways. ..
- Miyamoto Y, Sancar A. Vitamin B2-based blue-light photoreceptors in the retinohypothalamic tract as the photoactive pigments for setting the circadian clock in mammals. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1998;95:6097-102 pubmed
- Kang T, Sancar A. Circadian regulation of DNA excision repair: implications for chrono-chemotherapy. Cell Cycle. 2009;8:1665-7 pubmed..Here we review the significance of the connection linking the circadian clock with nucleotide excision repair and discuss potential implications for chemotherapy. ..
- Gauger M, Sancar A. Cryptochrome, circadian cycle, cell cycle checkpoints, and cancer. Cancer Res. 2005;65:6828-34 pubmed..We conclude that the effect of circadian clock disruption on cellular response to DNA damage and cancer predisposition in mice may depend on the mechanism by which the clock is disrupted. ..
- Thompson C, Sancar A. Photolyase/cryptochrome blue-light photoreceptors use photon energy to repair DNA and reset the circadian clock. Oncogene. 2002;21:9043-56 pubmed..Cryptochrome, which has a high degree of sequence identity to photolyase, works as the main circadian photoreceptor and as a component of the molecular clock in animals, including mammals, and regulates growth and development in plants. ..
- Thresher R, Vitaterna M, Miyamoto Y, Kazantsev A, Hsu D, Petit C, et al. Role of mouse cryptochrome blue-light photoreceptor in circadian photoresponses. Science. 1998;282:1490-4 pubmed..These data are consistent with the hypothesis that CRY2 protein modulates circadian responses in mice and suggest that cryptochromes have a role in circadian photoreception in mammals. ..
- Jones A, Chory J, Dangl J, Estelle M, Jacobsen S, Meyerowitz E, et al. The impact of Arabidopsis on human health: diversifying our portfolio. Cell. 2008;133:939-43 pubmed publisher..Many discoveries with direct relevance to human health and disease have been elaborated using Arabidopsis, and several processes important to human biology are more easily studied in this versatile model plant. ..