Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
Locale: Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
Publications398 found, 100 shown here
- Yokoyama H, Averill D, Brosnihan K, Smith R, Schiffrin E, Ferrario C. Role of blood pressure reduction in prevention of cardiac and vascular hypertrophy. Am J Hypertens. 2005;18:922-9 pubmed
- Martin T, Kahn W, Eisenach J. Abdominal surgery decreases food-reinforced operant responding in rats: relevance of incisional pain. Anesthesiology. 2005;103:629-37 pubmed..Manipulation of the viscera produces a greater effect than laparotomy alone, and additional mechanisms unrelated to incisional pain affect food reinforcement and feeding after surgery. ..
- Ferrario C, Jessup J, Gallagher P, Averill D, Brosnihan K, Ann Tallant E, et al. Effects of renin-angiotensin system blockade on renal angiotensin-(1-7) forming enzymes and receptors. Kidney Int. 2005;68:2189-96 pubmed..The data further indicate that increased levels of Ang-(1-7) in the urine of animals after ACE inhibition or AT(1) receptor blockade reflect an intrarenal formation of the heptapeptide. ..
- López Boado Y, Cobb L, Deora R. Bordetella bronchiseptica flagellin is a proinflammatory determinant for airway epithelial cells. Infect Immun. 2005;73:7525-34 pubmed..Furthermore, we investigated receptor specificity in the response to B. bronchiseptica flagellin. Our results show that B. bronchiseptica flagellin is able to signal effectively through both human and mouse Toll-like receptor 5. ..
- Alvarado J, Fuentes Santamaria V, Franklin S, Brunso Bechtold J, Henkel C. Unilateral cochlear ablation in adult ferrets results in upregulation in calretinin immunostaining in the central nucleus of the inferior colliculus. Neuroscience. 2005;136:957-69 pubmed
- Gaddy D, Lyles D. Oncolytic vesicular stomatitis virus induces apoptosis via signaling through PKR, Fas, and Daxx. J Virol. 2007;81:2792-804 pubmed
- Baptista P, Siddiqui M, Lozier G, Rodriguez S, Atala A, Soker S. The use of whole organ decellularization for the generation of a vascularized liver organoid. Hepatology. 2011;53:604-17 pubmed publisher..These cells engrafted in their putative native locations within the decellularized organ and displayed typical endothelial, hepatic, and biliary epithelial markers, thus creating a liver-like tissue in vitro...
- Arnold A, Shaltout H, Gilliam Davis S, Kock N, Diz D. Autonomic control of the heart is altered in Sprague-Dawley rats with spontaneous hydronephrosis. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2011;300:H2206-13 pubmed publisher..In contrast, angiotensin II blockade produced no significant effect in severe hydronephrosis, indicating that at least within the NTS baroreflex suppression in these animals is independent of angiotensin II...
- Pandya H, Gibo D, Garg S, Kridel S, Debinski W. An interleukin 13 receptor ? 2-specific peptide homes to human Glioblastoma multiforme xenografts. Neuro Oncol. 2012;14:6-18 pubmed publisher..Pep-1 can be further developed for various applications in cancer and/or inflammatory diseases. ..
- Yoshizumi M, Parker R, Eisenach J, Hayashida K. Gabapentin inhibits ?-amino butyric acid release in the locus coeruleus but not in the spinal dorsal horn after peripheral nerve injury in rats. Anesthesiology. 2012;116:1347-53 pubmed publisher..The current study supports the idea that gabapentin activates descending noradrenergic inhibition via disinhibition of LC neurons. ..
- Harwood H, Listrani P, Wagner J. Nonhuman primates and other animal models in diabetes research. J Diabetes Sci Technol. 2012;6:503-14 pubmed..For these reasons, NHPs are particularly valuable animal models of obesity and diabetes for studying disease pathogenesis, risk factors, comorbidities, and therapeutic interventions. ..
- Hood B, Andersson K. Common theme for drugs effective in overactive bladder treatment: inhibition of afferent signaling from the bladder. Int J Urol. 2013;20:21-7 pubmed publisher..In the present review, the different mechanisms forming the pharmacological basis for the use of these drugs are discussed. ..
- Guo F, Ma Y, Kadegowda A, Betters J, Xie P, Liu G, et al. Deficiency of liver Comparative Gene Identification-58 causes steatohepatitis and fibrosis in mice. J Lipid Res. 2013;54:2109-20 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, CGI-58 deficiency in the liver directly causes not only hepatic steatosis but also steatohepatitis and fibrosis. ..
- Morales Corraliza J, Wong H, Mazzella M, Che S, Lee S, Petkova E, et al. Brain-Wide Insulin Resistance, Tau Phosphorylation Changes, and Hippocampal Neprilysin and Amyloid-? Alterations in a Monkey Model of Type 1 Diabetes. J Neurosci. 2016;36:4248-58 pubmed publisher..Thus, in an in vivo model highly relevant to humans, we show multiple alterations in the brain resulting from DM that are mechanistically linked to AD risk. ..
- Ivey J, Latouche E, Richards M, Lesser G, Debinski W, Davalos R, et al. Enhancing Irreversible Electroporation by Manipulating Cellular Biophysics with a Molecular Adjuvant. Biophys J. 2017;113:472-480 pubmed publisher..Finally, this novel, to our knowledge, combinatorial approach may provide a paradigm to enhance in vivo tumor ablation through a molecular manipulation of cellular morphology before IRE application. ..
- Gaur L, Heise E, Thurtle P, Nepom G. Conservation of the HLA-DQB2 locus in nonhuman primates. J Immunol. 1992;148:943-8 pubmed
- Mann S, Hammarback J. Molecular characterization of light chain 3. A microtubule binding subunit of MAP1A and MAP1B. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:11492-7 pubmed..We propose that LC3 functions primarily as a MAP1A and MAP1B subunit and that its expression could regulate the microtubule binding activity of MAP1A and MAP1B. ..
- Parks G, Ward K, Rassa J. Increased readthrough transcription across the simian virus 5 M-F gene junction leads to growth defects and a global inhibition of viral mRNA synthesis. J Virol. 2001;75:2213-23 pubmed..We propose that the elevated naturally occurring M-F readthrough which is characteristic of many paramyxoviruses serves as a mechanism to fine-tune the level of polymerase that is optimal for virus growth. ..
- Mazur D, Perrino F. Structure and expression of the TREX1 and TREX2 3' --> 5' exonuclease genes. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:14718-27 pubmed..These initial studies have revealed previously unrecognized complexities in the structure and expression of the TREX1 and TREX2 genes. ..
- Mutkus L, Aschner J, Syversen T, Shanker G, Sonnewald U, Aschner M. In vitro uptake of glutamate in GLAST- and GLT-1-transfected mutant CHO-K1 cells is inhibited by the ethylmercury-containing preservative thimerosal. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2005;105:71-86 pubmed..These studies suggest that thimerosal accumulation in the central nervous system might contribute to dysregulation of glutamate homeostasis. ..
- Shi L, Luo F, Woodward D, Chang J. Basal ganglia neural responses during behaviorally effective deep brain stimulation of the subthalamic nucleus in rats performing a treadmill locomotion test. Synapse. 2006;59:445-57 pubmed
- Brown J, Rudel L, Yu L. NPC1L1 (Niemann-Pick C1-like 1) mediates sterol-specific unidirectional transport of non-esterified cholesterol in McArdle-RH7777 hepatoma cells. Biochem J. 2007;406:273-83 pubmed..Collectively, these findings support the notion that NPC1L1 can selectively recognize non-esterified cholesterol and promote its unidirectional transport into hepatoma cells. ..
- Apel P, Alton T, Northam C, Ma J, Callahan M, Sonntag W, et al. How age impairs the response of the neuromuscular junction to nerve transection and repair: An experimental study in rats. J Orthop Res. 2009;27:385-93 pubmed publisher..These impairments of the aged NMJ response to injury may contribute to the poor neuromuscular recovery seen after nerve injury in this population. ..
- Kavanagh K, Sajadian S, Jenkins K, Wilson M, Carr J, Wagner J, et al. Neonatal and fetal exposure to trans-fatty acids retards early growth and adiposity while adversely affecting glucose in mice. Nutr Res. 2010;30:418-26 pubmed publisher..Trans-fatty acid surprisingly retarded growth and adiposity while still adversely affecting glucose metabolism. ..
- Boada M, Houle T, Eisenach J, Ririe D. Differing neurophysiologic mechanosensory input from glabrous and hairy skin in juvenile rats. J Neurophysiol. 2010;104:3568-75 pubmed publisher..Additionally, these results highlight potential limitations of using passive electrical properties and conduction velocity alone to characterize primary afferents without knowledge of the skin type they innervated. ..
- Fallesen T, Macosko J, Holzwarth G. Measuring the number and spacing of molecular motors propelling a gliding microtubule. Phys Rev E Stat Nonlin Soft Matter Phys. 2011;83:011918 pubmed..rev. e 81, 021904 (2010)]. ..
- Gould R, Czoty P, Nader S, Nader M. Effects of varenicline on the reinforcing and discriminative stimulus effects of cocaine in rhesus monkeys. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2011;339:678-86 pubmed publisher..1 mg/kg i.v.), potentiated the discriminative stimulus effects of cocaine. These results suggest that varenicline has low abuse liability in monkey models of cocaine abuse, but would not be an effective medication for cocaine addiction. ..
- Liu M, Chung S, Shelness G, Parks J. Hepatic ABCA1 and VLDL triglyceride production. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2012;1821:770-7 pubmed publisher..This article is part of a Special Issue entitled: Triglyceride Metabolism and Disease. ..
- Liu W, Lindberg J, Sui G, Luo J, Egevad L, Li T, et al. Identification of novel CHD1-associated collaborative alterations of genomic structure and functional assessment of CHD1 in prostate cancer. Oncogene. 2012;31:3939-48 pubmed publisher..Indicating a new role of CHD1, these findings collectively suggest that distinct CHD1-associated alterations of genomic structure evolve during and are required for the development of PCa. ..
- Lord C, Betters J, Ivanova P, Milne S, Myers D, Madenspacher J, et al. CGI-58/ABHD5-derived signaling lipids regulate systemic inflammation and insulin action. Diabetes. 2012;61:355-63 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these findings establish that CGI-58 provides a novel source of signaling lipids. These findings contribute insight into the basic mechanisms linking TH1 cytokine signaling to nutrient metabolism. ..
- Lee T, Greene Schloesser D, Payne V, Diz D, Hsu F, Kooshki M, et al. Chronic administration of the angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor, ramipril, prevents fractionated whole-brain irradiation-induced perirhinal cortex-dependent cognitive impairment. Radiat Res. 2012;178:46-56 pubmed..Thus, as hypothesized, continuous administration of the angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor, ramipril, can prevent the fractionated whole-brain irradiation-induced impairment in perirhinal cortex-dependent cognitive function. ..
- Kim J, Jeong S, Ju Y, Yoo J, Smith T, Khang G, et al. In vitro osteogenic differentiation of human amniotic fluid-derived stem cells on a poly(lactide-co-glycolide) (PLGA)-bladder submucosa matrix (BSM) composite scaffold for bone tissue engineering. Biomed Mater. 2013;8:014107 pubmed publisher..The composite scaffold system provides a proper microenvironment that can facilitate osteogenic differentiation of AFSCs. This scaffold system may be a good candidate material for bone tissue engineering. ..
- Dong X, Zhang T, Liu Q, Zhu J, Zhao J, Li J, et al. Beneficial effects of urine-derived stem cells on fibrosis and apoptosis of myocardial, glomerular and bladder cells. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2016;427:21-32 pubmed publisher..This study indicates that administration of USCs may be useful for the treatment of the complications of DM. ..
- Maderdrut J, Oppenheim R, Prevette D. Enhancement of naturally occurring cell death in the sympathetic and parasympathetic ganglia of the chicken embryo following blockade of ganglionic transmission. Brain Res. 1988;444:189-94 pubmed..These results indicate that the decreased number of healthy ganglion cells that followed ganglionic blockade was the result of enhanced naturally occurring cell death. ..
- Li L, Sheedlo H, Turner J. Retinal pigment epithelial cell transplants in retinal degeneration slow mice do not rescue photoreceptor cells. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 1993;34:2141-5 pubmed..This study supports the conclusions of other investigators that the photoreceptor cell is the primary site of the genetic defect that results in retinal dystrophy in the rds mouse model. ..
- Zhu X, Conklin D, Eisenach J. Cyclooxygenase-1 in the spinal cord plays an important role in postoperative pain. Pain. 2003;104:15-23 pubmed..Increased COX-1 activity could precede the up-regulation of COX-1 protein, and spinally administered specific COX-1 inhibitors may be useful to treat postoperative pain. ..
- Chappell M, Gallagher P, Averill D, Ferrario C, Brosnihan K. Estrogen or the AT1 antagonist olmesartan reverses the development of profound hypertension in the congenic mRen2. Lewis rat. Hypertension. 2003;42:781-6 pubmed..We conclude that the ovary exerts considerable influence on the regulation of the blood pressure in the mRen2. Lewis strain, possibly by limiting activation of the renin-angiotensin system. ..
- Shi L, Pang H, Linville M, Bartley A, Argenta A, Brunso Bechtold J. Maintenance of inhibitory interneurons and boutons in sensorimotor cortex between middle and old age in Fischer 344 X Brown Norway rats. J Chem Neuroanat. 2006;32:46-53 pubmed
- Wood C, Appt S, Clarkson T, Franke A, Lees C, Doerge D, et al. Effects of high-dose soy isoflavones and equol on reproductive tissues in female cynomolgus monkeys. Biol Reprod. 2006;75:477-86 pubmed publisher..1 for all). These findings indicate that high doses of dietary soy isoflavonoids have minimal uterotrophic or mammotrophic effects in an established primate model...
- Martin T, Kahn W, Xiao R, Childers S. Differential regional effects of methadone maintenance compared to heroin dependence on mu-opioid receptor desensitization in rat brain. Synapse. 2007;61:176-84 pubmed..Elucidating the mechanisms by which methadone induces differential desensitization of mu-opioid receptors across brain regions compared with heroin could provide insights to improve the pharmacotherapy of heroin addiction. ..
- John C, Jones S. Voltammetric characterization of the effect of monoamine uptake inhibitors and releasers on dopamine and serotonin uptake in mouse caudate-putamen and substantia nigra slices. Neuropharmacology. 2007;52:1596-605 pubmed..These studies also highlight methodological considerations for comparison of effects between heterogeneous brain regions. ..
- Swinteck B, Lyles D. Plasma membrane microdomains containing vesicular stomatitis virus M protein are separate from microdomains containing G protein and nucleocapsids. J Virol. 2008;82:5536-47 pubmed publisher..These results suggest a new model of virus assembly in which an interaction of VSV nucleocapsids with G-protein-containing microdomains is a precursor to the formation of viral budding sites. ..
- Inoue K, Sugiyama T, Taneja P, Morgan R, Frazier D. Emerging roles of DMP1 in lung cancer. Cancer Res. 2008;68:4487-90 pubmed publisher..These findings prompt further investigations of the prognostic value of DMP1 alterations in human cancers and the oncogenic events that can cooperate with DMP1 inactivation to drive tumorigenesis. ..
- Jessup J, Zhang L, PRESLEY T, Kim Shapiro D, Wang H, Chen A, et al. Tetrahydrobiopterin restores diastolic function and attenuates superoxide production in ovariectomized mRen2.Lewis rats. Endocrinology. 2011;152:2428-36 pubmed publisher..Whether BH₄ supplementation is a therapeutic option for the management of diastolic dysfunction in postmenopausal women will require direct testing in humans. ..
- Gould R, Gage H, Banks M, Blaylock B, Czoty P, Nader M. Differential effects of cocaine and MDMA self-administration on cortical serotonin transporter availability in monkeys. Neuropharmacology. 2011;61:245-51 pubmed publisher..These data extend our previous findings indicating that cocaine and MDMA self-administration differentially alter SERT availability in subcortical and cortical regions, which may have implications for development of treatment drugs. ..
- McCollum L, Gallagher P, Ann Tallant E. Angiotensin-(1-7) attenuates angiotensin II-induced cardiac remodeling associated with upregulation of dual-specificity phosphatase 1. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2012;302:H801-10 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that ANG-(1-7) attenuates cardiac remodeling associated with a chronic elevation in blood pressure and upregulation of a MAPK phosphatase and may be cardioprotective in patients with hypertension. ..
- Corona B, Machingal M, Criswell T, Vadhavkar M, Dannahower A, Bergman C, et al. Further development of a tissue engineered muscle repair construct in vitro for enhanced functional recovery following implantation in vivo in a murine model of volumetric muscle loss injury. Tissue Eng Part A. 2012;18:1213-28 pubmed publisher..Taken together these findings are encouraging for the further development and clinical application of TEMR constructs as a VML injury treatment. ..
- Yang Z, Hulver M, McMillan R, Cai L, Kershaw E, Yu L, et al. Regulation of insulin and leptin signaling by muscle suppressor of cytokine signaling 3 (SOCS3). PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e47493 pubmed publisher..These studies demonstrate that SOC3 within skeletal muscle is a critical regulator of leptin and insulin action and that increased SOCS may mediate insulin and leptin resistance in obesity. ..
- Xu W, Atala A, Yoo J, Lee S. Controllable dual protein delivery through electrospun fibrous scaffolds with different hydrophilicities. Biomed Mater. 2013;8:014104 pubmed publisher..This system may be useful as a method for delivering multiple bioactive vehicles for tissue engineering applications. ..
- Poranki D, Whitener W, Howse S, Mesen T, Howse E, Burnell J, et al. Evaluation of skin regeneration after burns inÂ vivo and rescue of cells after thermal stress inÂ vitro following treatment with a keratin biomaterial. J Biomater Appl. 2014;29:26-35 pubmed publisher..Treatment of burns with gamma keratin may therefore represent a potential therapy for wounds with an intermediate zone of damaged tissue that has the potential to contribute to spontaneous healing. ..
- Kendig R, Kai F, Fry E, Inoue K. Stabilization of the p53-DNA Complex by the Nuclear Protein Dmp1α. Cancer Invest. 2017;35:301-312 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that acceleration of DNA-binding of p53 by Dmp1 is a critical process for Dmp1 to increase the p53 function in Arf-deficient cells. ..
- Martin T, Strassburg T, Grigg A, Kim S, Ririe D, Eisenach J. Assessment of Behavioral Disruption in Rats with Abdominal Inflammation Using Visual Cue Titration and the Five-choice Serial-reaction Time Task. Anesthesiology. 2017;127:372-381 pubmed publisher..Future studies will focus on pain-related circuitry and its impact on both limbic forebrain and frontal cortical mechanisms. ..
- Seo T, St Clair R. Heparan sulfate proteoglycans mediate internalization and degradation of beta-VLDL and promote cholesterol accumulation by pigeon macrophages. J Lipid Res. 1997;38:765-79 pubmed
- Wansley E, Parks G. Naturally occurring substitutions in the P/V gene convert the noncytopathic paramyxovirus simian virus 5 into a virus that induces alpha/beta interferon synthesis and cell death. J Virol. 2002;76:10109-21 pubmed
- Cline J, Franke A, Register T, Golden D, Adams M. Effects of dietary isoflavone aglycones on the reproductive tract of male and female mice. Toxicol Pathol. 2004;32:91-9 pubmed..We conclude that a diet containing approximately 40 mg/kg soy isoflavone aglycones with a genistein:daidzein ratio of 2:1 or less has marked estrogenic effects on the reproductive system of male and female mice. ..
- Wallin R, Hutson S. Warfarin and the vitamin K-dependent gamma-carboxylation system. Trends Mol Med. 2004;10:299-302 pubmed..Identification of the 18-kDa protein has aided the understanding of the vitamin K-dependent gamma-carboxylation system at the molecular level. ..
- Busija D, Miller A, Katakam P, Simandle S, Erdos B. Mechanisms of vascular dysfunctionin insulin resistance. Curr Opin Investig Drugs. 2004;5:929-35 pubmed
- Ibdah J, Perlegas P, Zhao Y, Angdisen J, Borgerink H, Shadoan M, et al. Mice heterozygous for a defect in mitochondrial trifunctional protein develop hepatic steatosis and insulin resistance. Gastroenterology. 2005;128:1381-90 pubmed..Heterozygosity for beta-oxidation defects predisposes to NAFLD and insulin resistance in aging mice. Impairment of mitochondrial beta-oxidation may play an important role in pathogenesis of NAFLD. ..
- Dalle C, Eisenach J. Peripheral block of the hyperpolarization-activated cation current (Ih) reduces mechanical allodynia in animal models of postoperative and neuropathic pain. Reg Anesth Pain Med. 2005;30:243-8 pubmed..The current study shows that peripheral block of I h produces an antiallodynic effect, which suggests that I h channels represent a novel target for nerve block treatment of postoperative and neuropathic pain. ..
- Shanker G, Syversen T, Aschner J, Aschner M. Modulatory effect of glutathione status and antioxidants on methylmercury-induced free radical formation in primary cultures of cerebral astrocytes. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 2005;137:11-22 pubmed..Taken together, these studies point to the important protective effect of adequate intracellular GSH content as well as antioxidants against MeHg-triggered oxidative stress in primary astrocyte cultures...
- Robinson M, Tidwell J, Gould T, Taylor A, Newbern J, Graves J, et al. Extracellular heat shock protein 70: a critical component for motoneuron survival. J Neurosci. 2005;25:9735-45 pubmed
- Wilkinson J, Di X, Schonig K, Buss J, Kock N, Cline J, et al. Tissue-specific expression of ferritin H regulates cellular iron homoeostasis in vivo. Biochem J. 2006;395:501-7 pubmed..These results demonstrate that FerH not only responds to changes in tissue iron (its classic role), but can actively regulate overall tissue iron balance. ..
- Taylor A, Gifondorwa D, Newbern J, Robinson M, Strupe J, Prevette D, et al. Astrocyte and muscle-derived secreted factors differentially regulate motoneuron survival. J Neurosci. 2007;27:634-44 pubmed
- Messi M, Clark H, Prevette D, Oppenheim R, Delbono O. The lack of effect of specific overexpression of IGF-1 in the central nervous system or skeletal muscle on pathophysiology in the G93A SOD-1 mouse model of ALS. Exp Neurol. 2007;207:52-63 pubmed
- Shively C, Register T, Clarkson T. Social stress, visceral obesity, and coronary artery atherosclerosis in female primates. Obesity (Silver Spring). 2009;17:1513-20 pubmed publisher..Further studies are needed to understand the complex and multifactorial temporal relationship among relative visceral obesity, physiological stress responses, and CAA. ..
- Delbono O. Expression and regulation of excitation-contraction coupling proteins in aging skeletal muscle. Curr Aging Sci. 2011;4:248-59 pubmed..Age-dependent changes in proteins other than those related to ECC, muscle composition, clinical assessment and interventions, have been extensively reviewed recently [1-3]. ..
- Loeser R, Olex A, McNulty M, Carlson C, Callahan M, Ferguson C, et al. Microarray analysis reveals age-related differences in gene expression during the development of osteoarthritis in mice. Arthritis Rheum. 2012;64:705-17 pubmed publisher..To better understand the contribution of age to the development of osteoarthritis (OA)...
- Wang H, Jessup J, Lin M, Chagas C, Lindsey S, Groban L. Activation of GPR30 attenuates diastolic dysfunction and left ventricle remodelling in oophorectomized mRen2.Lewis rats. Cardiovasc Res. 2012;94:96-104 pubmed publisher..This expands our knowledge of the sex-specific mechanisms underlying diastolic dysfunction and provides a potential therapeutic target for reducing the progression of this cardiovascular disease process in post-menopausal women. ..
- ..Emerging studies suggest that cancers, including those of the prostate, use these changes to promote their own survival, growth, and spread. ..
- Orabi H, AbouShwareb T, Zhang Y, Yoo J, Atala A. Cell-seeded tubularized scaffolds for reconstruction of long urethral defects: a preclinical study. Eur Urol. 2013;63:531-8 pubmed publisher..We previously reported that acellular collagen-based tubularized constructs seeded with cells are able to repair small urethral defects in a rabbit model...
- Arnold A, Sakima A, Kasper S, Vinsant S, Garcia Espinosa M, Diz D. The brain renin-angiotensin system and cardiovascular responses to stress: insights from transgenic rats with low brain angiotensinogen. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2012;113:1929-36 pubmed publisher..This review highlights the importance of understanding the impact of RAS components from the circulation, neurons, and glia on the integration of cardiovascular responses to stressors. ..
- Mirmalek Sani S, Sullivan D, Zimmerman C, Shupe T, Petersen B. Immunogenicity of decellularized porcine liver for bioengineered hepatic tissue. Am J Pathol. 2013;183:558-65 pubmed publisher..These studies demonstrate that successful decellularization of the porcine liver could be achieved with protocols developed for rat livers, yielding nonimmunogenic scaffolds for future hepatic bioengineering studies. ..
- Parks G, Alexander Miller M. Paramyxovirus activation and inhibition of innate immune responses. J Mol Biol. 2013;425:4872-92 pubmed publisher..We discuss the importance of innate responses in DC following paramyxovirus infection and their consequences for the ability to mount and maintain antiviral T cells. ..
- Hite R, Seeds M, Safta A, Jacinto R, Gyves J, Bass D, et al. Lysophospholipid generation and phosphatidylglycerol depletion in phospholipase A(2)-mediated surfactant dysfunction. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2005;288:L618-24 pubmed..Surfactant dysfunction caused by group V sPLA(2) is less clear and may be the combined result of both mechanisms. ..
- Ferrario C, Chappell M. Novel angiotensin peptides. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2004;61:2720-7 pubmed
- Michalek R, Pellom S, Holbrook B, Grayson J. The requirement of reactive oxygen intermediates for lymphocytic choriomeningitis virus binding and growth. Virology. 2008;379:205-12 pubmed publisher..This illustrates that ROI are critical to the regulation of virus binding and growth and has important implications for understanding the infectivity of related viruses...
- Johnson E, Tift F, McCauley A, Liu L, Roman G. Functional characterization of kurtz, a Drosophila non-visual arrestin, reveals conservation of GPCR desensitization mechanisms. Insect Biochem Mol Biol. 2008;38:1016-22 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we report that kurtz mutants exhibit hypersensitivity to osmotic stress, implicating GPCR desensitization as an important feature of the endocrine events that shape this stress response. ..
- Gorski M, Tin A, Garnaas M, McMahon G, Chu A, Tayo B, et al. Genome-wide association study of kidney function decline in individuals of European descent. Kidney Int. 2015;87:1017-29 pubmed publisher..Thus, our results suggest a role in the deterioration of kidney function for the loci GALNT11 and CDH23, and show that the UMOD locus is significantly associated with kidney function decline. ..
- Baldwin J, Collins B, Wolf P, Martinez K, Shen W, Chuang C, et al. Table grape consumption reduces adiposity and markers of hepatic lipogenesis and alters gut microbiota in butter fat-fed mice. J Nutr Biochem. 2016;27:123-35 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data indicate that some of the adverse health consequences of consuming an HF diet rich in saturated fat can be attenuated by table grape consumption. ..
- McPeak M, Youssef D, Williams D, Pritchett C, Yao Z, McCall C, et al. Frontline Science: Myeloid cell-specific deletion of Cebpb decreases sepsis-induced immunosuppression in mice. J Leukoc Biol. 2017;102:191-200 pubmed publisher..These results show that C/EBP? directs a switch from proinflammatory to repressor myeloid cells and identifies a novel treatment target. ..
- Cramer S, Ferree P, Lin K, Milliner D, Holmes R. The gene encoding hydroxypyruvate reductase (GRHPR) is mutated in patients with primary hyperoxaluria type II. Hum Mol Genet. 1999;8:2063-9 pubmed..The data we present will facilitate future genetic testing to confirm the clinical diagnosis of PH2. These data will also facilitate heterozygote testing and prenatal testing in families affected with PH2 to aid in genetic counseling. ..
- Draper M, Wang J, Valego N, Block W, Rose J. Effect of renal denervation on renin gene expression, concentration, and secretion in mature ovine fetus. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2000;279:R263-70 pubmed..We propose that one or more of the factors that maintain renin expression in the perinatal period may be absent or may be replaced by the renal nerves in the adult...
- Ibdah J, Paul H, Zhao Y, Binford S, Salleng K, Cline M, et al. Lack of mitochondrial trifunctional protein in mice causes neonatal hypoglycemia and sudden death. J Clin Invest. 2001;107:1403-9 pubmed..Deficiency of MTP causes fetal growth retardation, neonatal hypoglycemia, and sudden death. ..
- Sakima A, Averill D, Kasper S, Jackson L, Ganten D, Ferrario C, et al. Baroreceptor reflex regulation in anesthetized transgenic rats with low glia-derived angiotensinogen. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2007;292:H1412-9 pubmed
- Deng Z, Wan M, Sui G. PIASy-mediated sumoylation of Yin Yang 1 depends on their interaction but not the RING finger. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:3780-92 pubmed..This study demonstrates that YY1 is a target of SUMOs and reveals a novel feature of a SUMO E3 ligase in the PIAS family that selectively stimulates protein sumoylation independent of the RING finger domain. ..