Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on transcription factors in Piscataway, New Jersey, United States
Locale: Piscataway, New Jersey, United States
Topic: transcription factors
Publications140 found, 100 shown here
- Estrella L, Krishnamurthy S, Timme C, Hampsey M. The Rsp5 E3 ligase mediates turnover of low affinity phosphate transporters in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:5327-34 pubmed publisher..We conclude that turnover of the low affinity P i transporters is initiated by Rsp5-mediated ubiquitination followed by internalization and degradation by the endocytic pathway. ..
- Wei Y, Tsang C, Zheng X. Mechanisms of regulation of RNA polymerase III-dependent transcription by TORC1. EMBO J. 2009;28:2220-30 pubmed publisher..Together, these observations provide new insights into the chromatin-dependent mechanism by which TORC1 controls transcription by Pol III. ..
- Duffield D, Cai L, Kim S. Simultaneous determination of multiple mRNA levels utilizing MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry and biotinylated dideoxynucleotides. RNA. 2010;16:1285-91 pubmed publisher..Thus the approach enhances the parallel analysis of multiple gene transcripts by MS. Utilizing the method we have simultaneously measured mRNA levels of four genes (Rho, Nrl, Hprt, and Lhx2) in mouse retinal tissue. ..
- Kandasamy P, Vemula M, Oh C, Chellappa R, Martin C. Regulation of unsaturated fatty acid biosynthesis in Saccharomyces: the endoplasmic reticulum membrane protein, Mga2p, a transcription activator of the OLE1 gene, regulates the stability of the OLE1 mRNA through exosome-mediated mechanisms. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:36586-92 pubmed
- Zhang H, Hu G, Wang H, Sciavolino P, Iler N, Shen M, et al. Heterodimerization of Msx and Dlx homeoproteins results in functional antagonism. Mol Cell Biol. 1997;17:2920-32 pubmed..Based on these observations, we propose that functional antagonism through heterodimer formation provides a mechanism for regulating the transcriptional actions of Msx and Dlx homeoproteins in vivo. ..
- Ruiz Echevarria M, Gonzalez C, Peltz S. Identifying the right stop: determining how the surveillance complex recognizes and degrades an aberrant mRNA. EMBO J. 1998;17:575-89 pubmed..Further, the results indicate that the STE functions in the context of the GCN4 transcript to inactivate the NMD pathway. ..
- Lee J, Spector D, Godon C, Labarre J, Toledano M. A new antioxidant with alkyl hydroperoxide defense properties in yeast. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:4537-44 pubmed..These data suggest that Ahp1p is a yeast orthologue of prokaryotic AhpC and justifies its name of yeast alkyl hydroperoxide reductase. ..
- Bae K, Lee C, Hardin P, Edery I. dCLOCK is present in limiting amounts and likely mediates daily interactions between the dCLOCK-CYC transcription factor and the PER-TIM complex. J Neurosci. 2000;20:1746-53 pubmed..Our results suggest that dCLK is the main component regulating the daily abundance of transcriptionally active dCLK-CYC complexes. ..
- Hao I, Green R, Dunaevsky O, Lengyel J, Rauskolb C. The odd-skipped family of zinc finger genes promotes Drosophila leg segmentation. Dev Biol. 2003;263:282-95 pubmed
- Abraham D, Vershon A. N-terminal arm of Mcm1 is required for transcription of a subset of genes involved in maintenance of the cell wall. Eukaryot Cell. 2005;4:1808-19 pubmed..This suggests that residues 2 to 17 of Mcm1 may be involved in recruiting a cofactor to the promoters of these genes to activate transcription. ..
- Kahn T, Schwartz Y, Dellino G, Pirrotta V. Polycomb complexes and the propagation of the methylation mark at the Drosophila ubx gene. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:29064-75 pubmed..Both the spread of methylation from the Polycomb response elements, and the silencing effect can be blocked by the gypsy insulator. ..
- Shen S, Sandoval J, Swiss V, Li J, Dupree J, Franklin R, et al. Age-dependent epigenetic control of differentiation inhibitors is critical for remyelination efficiency. Nat Neurosci. 2008;11:1024-34 pubmed publisher..Thus, we suggest that inefficient epigenetic modulation of the oligodendrocyte differentiation program contributes to the age-dependent decline in remyelination efficiency. ..
- Drawid A, Gupta N, Nagaraj V, Gelinas C, Sengupta A. OHMM: a Hidden Markov Model accurately predicting the occupancy of a transcription factor with a self-overlapping binding motif. BMC Bioinformatics. 2009;10:208 pubmed publisher..Based upon our predictions, new insights into NF-kappaB function and regulation and possible new biological roles of NF-kappaB were uncovered. ..
- Wang J, Schwartz H, Barr M. Functional specialization of sensory cilia by an RFX transcription factor isoform. Genetics. 2010;186:1295-307 pubmed publisher..This study reveals a more extensive role for RFX TFs in generating fully functional cilia. ..
- Brissette R, Tsung K, Inouye M. Mutations in a central highly conserved non-DNA-binding region of OmpR, an Escherichia coli transcriptional activator, influence its DNA-binding ability. J Bacteriol. 1992;174:4907-12 pubmed..The relationship of the possible alterations in OmpR by the mutations with the observed diminished binding ability is discussed. ..
- Duncan M, Dicicco Bloom E, Xiang X, Benezra R, Chada K. The gene for the helix-loop-helix protein, Id, is specifically expressed in neural precursors. Dev Biol. 1992;154:1-10 pubmed..Since Id transcript abundance inversely correlated with differentiation, this protein, similar to its Drosophila homolog, extramacrochaetae, may play a negative regulatory role in neural differentiation. ..
- Inostroza J, Flores O, Reinberg D. Factors involved in specific transcription by mammalian RNA polymerase II. Purification and functional analysis of general transcription factor IIE. J Biol Chem. 1991;266:9304-8 pubmed..Consistent with previous studies demonstrating an interaction of TFIIE with RNA polymerase II, we found that the entry of TFIIE into the transcription cycle was subsequent to the entry of RNA polymerase II. ..
- Catron K, Zhang H, Marshall S, Inostroza J, Wilson J, Abate C. Transcriptional repression by Msx-1 does not require homeodomain DNA-binding sites. Mol Cell Biol. 1995;15:861-71 pubmed..We speculate that the repressor function of Msx-1 is critical for its proposed role in embryogenesis as a regulator of cellular differentiation. ..
- Zhang H, Catron K, Abate Shen C. A role for the Msx-1 homeodomain in transcriptional regulation: residues in the N-terminal arm mediate TATA binding protein interaction and transcriptional repression. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1996;93:1764-9 pubmed
- Sciavolino P, Abrams E, Yang L, Austenberg L, Shen M, Abate Shen C. Tissue-specific expression of murine Nkx3.1 in the male urogenital system. Dev Dyn. 1997;209:127-38 pubmed..1 in the growth and development of the prostate and/or other tissues of the male urogenital system, and suggest that Nkx3.1 may play a role in sexually dimorphic as well as non-sexually dimorphic organogenesis. ..
- Western T, Cheng Y, Liu J, Chen X. HUA ENHANCER2, a putative DExH-box RNA helicase, maintains homeotic B and C gene expression in Arabidopsis. Development. 2002;129:1569-81 pubmed
- Iratni R, Yan Y, Chen C, Ding J, Zhang Y, Price S, et al. Inhibition of excess nodal signaling during mouse gastrulation by the transcriptional corepressor DRAP1. Science. 2002;298:1996-9 pubmed..We propose that DRAP1 limits the spread of a morphogenetic signal by down-modulating the response to the Nodal autoregulatory loop. ..
- Bao X, Nickels B, Fan H. Chlamydia trachomatis protein GrgA activates transcription by contacting the nonconserved region of ?66. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:16870-5 pubmed publisher..trachomatis. Furthermore, because GrgA is present only in chlamydiae, our findings highlight how nonconserved regions of the bacterial RNA polymerase can be targets of regulatory factors that are unique to particular organisms...
- Maldonado E, Ha I, Cortes P, Weis L, Reinberg D. Factors involved in specific transcription by mammalian RNA polymerase II: role of transcription factors IIA, IID, and IIB during formation of a transcription-competent complex. Mol Cell Biol. 1990;10:6335-47 pubmed..Using anti-TFIIB antibodies and reagents that affect the stability of a transcription-competent complex, we found that yeast and human TFIID yielded DAB complexes with different stabilities. ..
- Acton T, Zhong H, Vershon A. DNA-binding specificity of Mcm1: operator mutations that alter DNA-bending and transcriptional activities by a MADS box protein. Mol Cell Biol. 1997;17:1881-9 pubmed..This result suggests that the degree of DNA bending is important for transcriptional activation by Mcm1. ..
- Bendall A, Rincon Limas D, Botas J, Abate Shen C. Protein complex formation between Msx1 and Lhx2 homeoproteins is incompatible with DNA binding activity. Differentiation. 1998;63:151-7 pubmed..The description of Lhx2 as a protein partner for Msx1 suggests that the functional specificity of homeoproteins in vivo is determined by a balance between their association with DNA and their protein partners. ..
- Wang Z, Day N, Trifillis P, Kiledjian M. An mRNA stability complex functions with poly(A)-binding protein to stabilize mRNA in vitro. Mol Cell Biol. 1999;19:4552-60 pubmed..Therefore, the alpha-complex is an mRNA stability complex in vitro which could function at least in part by interacting with PABP. ..
- Park J, Liu A. JNK phosphorylates the HSF1 transcriptional activation domain: role of JNK in the regulation of the heat shock response. J Cell Biochem. 2001;82:326-38 pubmed..The possibility that JNK-mediated phosphorylation of HSF1 may selectively stabilize the HSF1 protein and confers protection to cells under conditions of severe stress is discussed. ..
- Chellappa R, Kandasamy P, Oh C, Jiang Y, Vemula M, Martin C. The membrane proteins, Spt23p and Mga2p, play distinct roles in the activation of Saccharomyces cerevisiae OLE1 gene expression. Fatty acid-mediated regulation of Mga2p activity is independent of its proteolytic processing into a soluble transcriptio. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:43548-56 pubmed..The fatty acid repression of transcription under those conditions is attenuated by Spt23Deltatm, however, suggesting that the two proteins may interact to modulate OLE1 gene expression. ..
- Schwerk C, Prasad J, Degenhardt K, Erdjument Bromage H, White E, Tempst P, et al. ASAP, a novel protein complex involved in RNA processing and apoptosis. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:2981-90 pubmed..Importantly, after induction of apoptosis the ASAP complex disassembles. Taken together, our results suggest an important role for the ASAP complexes in linking RNA processing and apoptosis. ..
- Hanlon S, Norris D, Vershon A. Depletion of H2A-H2B dimers in Saccharomyces cerevisiae triggers meiotic arrest by reducing IME1 expression and activating the BUB2-dependent branch of the spindle checkpoint. Genetics. 2003;164:1333-44 pubmed..Our results show that the failure to progress through the meiotic pathway is not the result of global chromosomal alterations but that specific aspects of meiosis are sensitive to depletion of the H2A-H2B dimer. ..
- Lee H, Habas R, Abate Shen C. MSX1 cooperates with histone H1b for inhibition of transcription and myogenesis. Science. 2004;304:1675-8 pubmed..Our findings define a previously unknown function for "linker" histones in gene-specific transcriptional regulation. ..
- Liu T, Zimmerman K, Patterson G. Regulation of signaling genes by TGFbeta during entry into dauer diapause in C. elegans. BMC Dev Biol. 2004;4:11 pubmed..We see evidence of TGFbeta-mediated regulation of several other classes of regulatory genes, and we discuss possible functions of these genes in dauer formation. ..
- Ueki T, Inouye S. Identification of a gene involved in polysaccharide export as a transcription target of FruA, an essential factor for Myxococcus xanthus development. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:32279-84 pubmed..Furthermore, the expression of both fdgA and sasA was partially dependent on the C-signal. These findings expand our understanding of the signal transduction pathway mediated by FruA during development in M. xanthus. ..
- Zhao Y, Ramakrishnan A, Kim K, Rabson A. Regulation of Bcl-3 through interaction with the Lck tyrosine kinase. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;335:865-73 pubmed..These studies suggest that Bcl-3 might participate in oncogenic pathways involving Lck. ..
- Toro Roman A, Wu T, Stock A. A common dimerization interface in bacterial response regulators KdpE and TorR. Protein Sci. 2005;14:3077-88 pubmed..These results provide further evidence that most all response regulators of the OmpR/ PhoB subfamily share a common mechanism of activation by dimerization. ..
- Kim E, Edery I. Balance between DBT/CKIepsilon kinase and protein phosphatase activities regulate phosphorylation and stability of Drosophila CLOCK protein. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:6178-83 pubmed
- Nariya H, Inouye M. MazF, an mRNA interferase, mediates programmed cell death during multicellular Myxococcus development. Cell. 2008;132:55-66 pubmed publisher..Transcription of mrpC and mazF is negatively regulated via MrpC phosphorylation by a Ser/Thr kinase cascade. These findings reveal the regulated deployment of a toxin gene for developmental programmed cell death in bacteria...
- Yu Y, Cristofanilli M, Valiveti A, Ma L, Yoo M, Morellini F, et al. The extracellular matrix glycoprotein tenascin-C promotes locomotor recovery after spinal cord injury in adult zebrafish. Neuroscience. 2011;183:238-50 pubmed publisher..Our results thus point to an advantageous role of tenascin-C in promoting spinal cord regeneration, by promoting axonal regrowth and synapse formation in the spinal cord caudal to the lesion site after injury. ..
- ..Given the large amount of transposable elements in the maize genome, epialleles may be far more frequent than previously estimated. ..
- Oh H, Slattery M, Ma L, Crofts A, White K, Mann R, et al. Genome-wide association of Yorkie with chromatin and chromatin-remodeling complexes. Cell Rep. 2013;3:309-18 pubmed publisher..Our studies suggest a widespread role for Yorkie as a regulator of transcription and identify recruitment of the chromatin-modifying GAF protein and BRM complex as a molecular mechanism for transcriptional activation by Yorkie. ..
- Li A, Morton J, Ma Y, Karim S, Zhou Y, Faller W, et al. Fascin is regulated by slug, promotes progression of pancreatic cancer in mice, and is associated with patient outcomes. Gastroenterology. 2014;146:1386-96.e1-17 pubmed publisher..Its levels in human PDAC correlate with outcomes and time to recurrence, indicating it might be a marker or therapeutic target for pancreatic cancer. ..
- Yan Y, Gritsman K, Ding J, Burdine R, Corrales J, Price S, et al. Conserved requirement for EGF-CFC genes in vertebrate left-right axis formation. Genes Dev. 1999;13:2527-37 pubmed
- Jiang W, Fang L, Inouye M. The role of the 5'-end untranslated region of the mRNA for CspA, the major cold-shock protein of Escherichia coli, in cold-shock adaptation. J Bacteriol. 1996;178:4919-25 pubmed..CspA appears to promote either directly or indirectly the repressor function. ..
- Park E, GHOSE P, Shao Z, Ye Q, Kang L, Xu X, et al. Hypoxia regulates glutamate receptor trafficking through an HIF-independent mechanism. EMBO J. 2012;31:1379-93 pubmed publisher..Our findings demonstrate a novel mechanism by which neurons sense and respond to hypoxia. ..
- Harlocker S, Bergstrom L, Inouye M. Tandem binding of six OmpR proteins to the ompF upstream regulatory sequence of Escherichia coli. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:26849-56 pubmed..Activation and repression of ompF expression are thus regulated by a total of eight OmpR molecules, including two molecules that bind to a distal site (-380 to -361). ..
- Mermelstein F, Yeung K, Cao J, Inostroza J, Erdjument Bromage H, Eagelson K, et al. Requirement of a corepressor for Dr1-mediated repression of transcription. Genes Dev. 1996;10:1033-48 pubmed..Dr1 was immunodetected in all cells analyzed. A model for DRAP1-dependent, Dr1-mediated repression of transcription is proposed. ..
- Wang N, Yamanaka K, Inouye M. CspI, the ninth member of the CspA family of Escherichia coli, is induced upon cold shock. J Bacteriol. 1999;181:1603-9 pubmed
- Mandal S, Cho H, Kim S, Cabane K, Reinberg D. FCP1, a phosphatase specific for the heptapeptide repeat of the largest subunit of RNA polymerase II, stimulates transcription elongation. Mol Cell Biol. 2002;22:7543-52 pubmed..Importantly, this allele of fcp1 was found to be lethal when combined individually with two mutations in the second-largest subunit of RNAP II, which had been shown previously to affect transcription elongation. ..
- Liu D, Hammer D, Komlos D, Chen K, Firestein B, Liu A. SIRT1 knockdown promotes neural differentiation and attenuates the heat shock response. J Cell Physiol. 2014;229:1224-35 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that decreased SIRT1 expression is conducive to neuronal differentiation and this decrease contributes to the attenuated induction of HSPs in neurons. ..
- Akoulitchev S, Mäkelä T, Weinberg R, Reinberg D. Requirement for TFIIH kinase activity in transcription by RNA polymerase II. Nature. 1995;377:557-60 pubmed..Here we show that the CTD, but not its phosphorylation, is required for initiation of transcription. We also show that transcription requires CTD kinase activity provided by the CDK subunit of TFIIH. ..
- Schnabel C, Abate Shen C. Repression by HoxA7 is mediated by the homeodomain and the modulatory action of its N-terminal-arm residues. Mol Cell Biol. 1996;16:2678-88 pubmed
- Lei Q, Zelman A, Kuang E, Li S, Matise M. Transduction of graded Hedgehog signaling by a combination of Gli2 and Gli3 activator functions in the developing spinal cord. Development. 2004;131:3593-604 pubmed..Thus, multiple ventral neuronal types can develop in the absence of Gli function, but require balanced Gli protein activities for their correct patterning and differentiation. ..
- Bachhawat P, Swapna G, Montelione G, Stock A. Mechanism of activation for transcription factor PhoB suggested by different modes of dimerization in the inactive and active states. Structure. 2005;13:1353-63 pubmed
- Wang N, Yamanaka K, Inouye M. Acquisition of double-stranded DNA-binding ability in a hybrid protein between Escherichia coli CspA and the cold shock domain of human YB-1. Mol Microbiol. 2000;38:526-34 pubmed..These results indicate that the loop region between the beta3 and beta4 strands of Y-box proteins, which is a little longer and more basic than that of CspA, plays an important role in their binding to dsDNA. ..
- Minakhina S, Druzhinina M, Steward R. Zfrp8, the Drosophila ortholog of PDCD2, functions in lymph gland development and controls cell proliferation. Development. 2007;134:2387-96 pubmed..The overproliferation of cells in the lymph gland results in abnormal hemocyte differentiation. ..
- Newkirk K, Feng W, Jiang W, Tejero R, Emerson S, Inouye M, et al. Solution NMR structure of the major cold shock protein (CspA) from Escherichia coli: identification of a binding epitope for DNA. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1994;91:5114-8 pubmed..These isotope-edited pulsed-field gradient NMR data provide a low-resolution mapping of a DNA-binding epitope on CspA...
- Kuzmichev A, Margueron R, Vaquero A, Preissner T, Scher M, Kirmizis A, et al. Composition and histone substrates of polycomb repressive group complexes change during cellular differentiation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:1859-64 pubmed..These findings suggest that formation of a transformation-specific PRC complex may have a major role in resetting patterns of gene expression by regulating chromatin structure. ..
- Oh C, Martin C. Candida albicans Spt23p controls the expression of the Ole1p Delta9 fatty acid desaturase and regulates unsaturated fatty acid biosynthesis. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:7030-9 pubmed..In addition we show caSPT23 is essential for the expression of one of the two Delta9 desaturase homologues in Candida and potentially other functions associated with fatty acid metabolism. ..
- Catron K, Wang H, Hu G, Shen M, Abate Shen C. Comparison of MSX-1 and MSX-2 suggests a molecular basis for functional redundancy. Mech Dev. 1996;55:185-99 pubmed..These features suggest that these members of the Msx family are 'equivalent but not equal' and that their proposed redundancy may be achieved via distinct biochemical mechanisms that yield a similar functional outcome. ..
- Zhang Y, Iratni R, Erdjument Bromage H, Tempst P, Reinberg D. Histone deacetylases and SAP18, a novel polypeptide, are components of a human Sin3 complex. Cell. 1997;89:357-64 pubmed..Moreover, we demonstrate a direct interaction between SAP18 and mSin3. SAP18 represses transcription in vivo when tethered to the promoter, consistent with the ability of SAP18 to interact with mSin3. ..
- Zhang Y, Ng H, Erdjument Bromage H, Tempst P, Bird A, Reinberg D. Analysis of the NuRD subunits reveals a histone deacetylase core complex and a connection with DNA methylation. Genes Dev. 1999;13:1924-35 pubmed..MBD2 interacts with the NuRD complex and directs the complex to methylated DNA. NuRD may provide a means of gene silencing by DNA methylation. ..
- Abate Shen C, Banach Petrosky W, Sun X, Economides K, Desai N, Gregg J, et al. Nkx3.1; Pten mutant mice develop invasive prostate adenocarcinoma and lymph node metastases. Cancer Res. 2003;63:3886-90 pubmed..We conclude that Nkx3.1(+/-); Pten(+/-) mice recapitulate key features of advanced prostate cancer and represent a useful model for investigating associated molecular mechanisms and for evaluating therapeutic approaches. ..
- Byun S, Kim Y, Zhang Y, Kong B, Guo G, Sadoshima J, et al. A postprandial FGF19-SHP-LSD1 regulatory axis mediates epigenetic repression of hepatic autophagy. EMBO J. 2017;36:1755-1769 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates that the FGF19-SHP-LSD1 axis maintains homeostasis by suppressing unnecessary autophagic breakdown of cellular components, including lipids, under nutrient-rich postprandial conditions. ..
- Jones P, Inouye M. The cold-shock response--a hot topic. Mol Microbiol. 1994;11:811-8 pubmed..In addition to E. coli, cold-shock proteins have also been found in other prokaryotic and eukaryotic organisms. ..
- Padgett R, Das P, Krishna S. TGF-beta signaling, Smads, and tumor suppressors. Bioessays. 1998;20:382-90 pubmed..Thus, genetic and biochemical studies suggest a very simple signaling pathway, in which Smads are the primary downstream participant. ..
- LeRoy G, Orphanides G, Lane W, Reinberg D. Requirement of RSF and FACT for transcription of chromatin templates in vitro. Science. 1998;282:1900-4 pubmed..Thus, the minimal factor requirements for activator-dependent transcription on chromatin templates in vitro have been defined. ..
- Bhattacharya A, Steward R. The Drosophila homolog of NTF-2, the nuclear transport factor-2, is essential for immune response. EMBO Rep. 2002;3:378-83 pubmed..We also found that DNTF-2 interacts directly with Mbo/DNup88, which does not contain phenylalanine-glycine-rich repeats, but has been shown to function in the import of Rel proteins. ..
- Yang M, Nelson D, Funakoshi Y, Padgett R. Genome-wide microarray analysis of TGFbeta signaling in the Drosophila brain. BMC Dev Biol. 2004;4:14 pubmed..Many of these genes are novel and several genes are implicated in growth control. Among the genes regulated by both pathways is ultraspiracle, which further connects TGFbeta with neuronal remodeling. ..
- Wang Y, Pakunlu R, Tsao W, Pozharov V, Minko T. Bimodal effect of hypoxia in cancer: role of hypoxia inducible factor in apoptosis. Mol Pharm. 2004;1:156-65 pubmed..The downregulation of HIF1A promoted cell death induction and prevented activation of cellular defense by hypoxia. This suggests that HIF1A is a potential candidate for anticancer therapeutic targeting. ..
- Ha I, Lane W, Reinberg D. Cloning of a human gene encoding the general transcription initiation factor IIB. Nature. 1991;352:689-95 pubmed..The recombinant protein expressed in bacteria substituted for all the functions attributed to the human TFIIB protein. ..
- Drapkin R, Reardon J, Ansari A, Huang J, Zawel L, Ahn K, et al. Dual role of TFIIH in DNA excision repair and in transcription by RNA polymerase II. Nature. 1994;368:769-72 pubmed..We found that the general transcription factor IIE negatively modulates the helicase activity of TFIIH through a direct interaction between TFIIE and the ERCC3 subunit of TFIIH. ..
- Han J, Sabbatini P, White E. Induction of apoptosis by human Nbk/Bik, a BH3-containing protein that interacts with E1B 19K. Mol Cell Biol. 1996;16:5857-64 pubmed..Nbk may therefore represent a novel death regulator which contains only a BH3 that interacts with and antagonizes apoptosis inhibitors such as the E1B 19K protein. ..
- Kiledjian M, DeMaria C, Brewer G, Novick K. Identification of AUF1 (heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein D) as a component of the alpha-globin mRNA stability complex. Mol Cell Biol. 1997;17:4870-6 pubmed..AUF1/hnRNP-D could, therefore, be a general mRNA turnover factor involved in both stabilization and decay of mRNA. ..
- Xiang M. Requirement for Brn-3b in early differentiation of postmitotic retinal ganglion cell precursors. Dev Biol. 1998;197:155-69 pubmed
- Acton T, Mead J, Steiner A, Vershon A. Scanning mutagenesis of Mcm1: residues required for DNA binding, DNA bending, and transcriptional activation by a MADS-box protein. Mol Cell Biol. 2000;20:1-11 pubmed..This finding is consistent with our earlier results, indicating that DNA bending may have a role in Mcm1 function in the cell. ..
- Pappas D, Hampsey M. Functional interaction between Ssu72 and the Rpb2 subunit of RNA polymerase II in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Cell Biol. 2000;20:8343-51 pubmed..These results define Ssu72 as a highly conserved factor that physically and functionally interacts with the RNAP II core machinery during transcription initiation. ..
- Kim M, Bhatia Gaur R, Banach Petrosky W, Desai N, Wang Y, Hayward S, et al. Nkx3.1 mutant mice recapitulate early stages of prostate carcinogenesis. Cancer Res. 2002;62:2999-3004 pubmed..1 mutant mice accurately model early stages of prostate carcinogenesis. More generally, our tissue recombination assay provides an empirical test to examine the relationship of PIN to prostate carcinoma. ..
- Abate Shen C. Homeobox genes and cancer: new OCTaves for an old tune. Cancer Cell. 2003;4:329-30 pubmed
- Qiu F, Jiang H, Xiang M. A comprehensive negative regulatory program controlled by Brn3b to ensure ganglion cell specification from multipotential retinal precursors. J Neurosci. 2008;28:3392-403 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that Brn3b specifies the RGC fate from multipotential precursors not only by promoting RGC differentiation but also by suppressing non-RGC differentiation programs as a safeguard mechanism. ..
- Kim J, Yu S, Chen J, Kong A. The nuclear cofactor RAC3/AIB1/SRC-3 enhances Nrf2 signaling by interacting with transactivation domains. Oncogene. 2013;32:514-27 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that Nrf2 activation is modulated and directly controlled through interactions with the RAC3 protein in HeLa cells. ..
- Jin F, Irshad S, Yu W, Belakavadi M, Chekmareva M, Ittmann M, et al. ERK and AKT signaling drive MED1 overexpression in prostate cancer in association with elevated proliferation and tumorigenicity. Mol Cancer Res. 2013;11:736-47 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings suggest that elevated MED1 is a critical molecular event associated with prostate oncogenesis. ..
- Yeh C, Shatkin A. Down-regulation of Rous sarcoma virus long terminal repeat promoter activity by a HeLa cell basic protein. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1994;91:11002-6 pubmed..Proliferation of chicken embryo fibroblasts transfected with an infectious molecular clone of RSV was diminished by p21 expression, which also resulted in fewer transformed foci. ..
- Martinez Hackert E, Stock A. Structural relationships in the OmpR family of winged-helix transcription factors. J Mol Biol. 1997;269:301-12 pubmed..Mutagenesis studies performed on several members of this family, OmpR, PhoB, ToxR and VirG, can now be interpreted with respect to the structure. ..
- Pillutla R, Shimamoto A, Furuichi Y, Shatkin A. Genomic structure and chromosomal localization of TCEAL1, a human gene encoding the nuclear phosphoprotein p21/SIIR. Genomics. 1999;56:217-20 pubmed..Expression was lowest in hematopoietic cells of both normal and tumor origin. TCEAL1 was mapped to human chromosome Xq22.1 by fluorescence in situ hybridization. ..
- Matuoka K, Yu Chen K. Nuclear factor Y (NF-Y) and cellular senescence. Exp Cell Res. 1999;253:365-71 pubmed..The regulation of thymidine kinase (TK) and dihydrofolate reductase (DHFR) genes in human diploid fibroblasts serves as an example of how NF-Y may have a role in replicative senescence by regulating age-dependent G1/S genes. ..
- Kim S, Cabane K, Hampsey M, Reinberg D. Genetic analysis of the YDR1-BUR6 repressor complex reveals an intricate balance among transcriptional regulatory proteins in yeast. Mol Cell Biol. 2000;20:2455-65 pubmed..These results define a delicate balance between positive and negative regulators of transcription operating through the Ydr1-Bur6 repressor complex...