Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on suppressor genes in Ithaca, New York, United States
Locale: Ithaca, New York, United States
Topic: suppressor genes
- Sassanfar M, Roberts J. Constitutive and UV-mediated activation of RecA protein: combined effects of recA441 and recF143 mutations and of addition of nucleosides and adenine. J Bacteriol. 1991;173:5869-75 pubmed..We also find that wild-type RecA protein is somewhat activated by adenine in the absence of DNA damage. ..
- Haffter P, McMullin T, Fox T. Functional interactions among two yeast mitochondrial ribosomal proteins and an mRNA-specific translational activator. Genetics. 1991;127:319-26 pubmed
- Brown N, Costanzo M, Fox T. Interactions among three proteins that specifically activate translation of the mitochondrial COX3 mRNA in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Cell Biol. 1994;14:1045-53 pubmed..Taken together with previous work, these data suggest that a complex containing PET54, PET122, and PET494 mediates the interaction of the COX3 mRNA with mitochondrial ribosomes at the surface of the inner membrane. ..
- Zheng Y, Cerione R, Bender A. Control of the yeast bud-site assembly GTPase Cdc42. Catalysis of guanine nucleotide exchange by Cdc24 and stimulation of GTPase activity by Bem3. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:2369-72 pubmed..These studies demonstrate that Cdc24 and Bem3 have GDP-release factor activity and GTPase-activating protein activity, respectively, toward the essential bud-site assembly GTPase Cdc42. ..
- Costanzo M, Fox T. Suppression of a defect in the 5' untranslated leader of mitochondrial COX3 mRNA by a mutation affecting an mRNA-specific translational activator protein. Mol Cell Biol. 1993;13:4806-13 pubmed..The cox3-15 mutation was not suppressed by overproduction of the wild-type PET122 protein but was very weakly suppressed by overproduction of PET494 and slightly better suppressed by co-overproduction of PET494 and PET122. ..
- Wiesenberger G, Fox T. Pet127p, a membrane-associated protein involved in stability and processing of Saccharomyces cerevisiae mitochondrial RNAs. Mol Cell Biol. 1997;17:2816-24 pubmed..These findings suggest that Pet127p plays a role in RNA surveillance and/or RNA processing and that these functions may be membrane bound in yeast mitochondria. ..
- Kopski K, Huffaker T. Suppressors of the ndc10-2 mutation: a role for the ubiquitin system in Saccharomyces cerevisiae kinetochore function. Genetics. 1997;147:409-20 pubmed..Furthermore, overexpression of a mutant ubiquitin suppresses the ndc10-2 mutation. These results implicate the ubiquitin system in the regulation of ndc10-2 function and suggest a role for the ubiquitin system in kinetochore function. ..
- Lei M, Kawasaki Y, Young M, Kihara M, Sugino A, Tye B. Mcm2 is a target of regulation by Cdc7-Dbf4 during the initiation of DNA synthesis. Genes Dev. 1997;11:3365-74 pubmed..Taken together, our data suggest that phosphorylation of Mcm2 and probably other members of the Mcm2-7 proteins by Cdc7-Dbf4 at the G1-to-S phase transition is a critical step in the initiation of DNA synthesis at replication origins. ..
- Sokolsky T, Alani E. EXO1 and MSH6 are high-copy suppressors of conditional mutations in the MSH2 mismatch repair gene of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genetics. 2000;155:589-99 pubmed