Experts and Doctors on spin labels in Ithaca, New York, United States
Locale: Ithaca, New York, United States
Topic: spin labels
- Liang Z, Crepeau R, Freed J. Effects of finite pulse width on two-dimensional Fourier transform electron spin resonance. J Magn Reson. 2005;177:247-60 pubmed..Examples are given for different motional regimes, which show how 2D-ELDOR spectra are affected by the finite pulse widths. The theory shows good agreement with 2D-ELDOR experiments performed as a function of pulse width. ..
- Borbat P, Freed J. Measuring distances by pulsed dipolar ESR spectroscopy: spin-labeled histidine kinases. Methods Enzymol. 2007;423:52-116 pubmed
- Borbat P, Surendhran K, Bortolus M, Zou P, Freed J, McHaourab H. Conformational motion of the ABC transporter MsbA induced by ATP hydrolysis. PLoS Biol. 2007;5:e271 pubmed..Our results suggest that ATP-powered transport entails LPS sequestering into the open cytoplasmic chamber prior to its translocation by alternating access of the chamber, made possible by 10-20-A conformational changes...
- Georgieva E, Roy A, Grigoryants V, Borbat P, Earle K, Scholes C, et al. Effect of freezing conditions on distances and their distributions derived from Double Electron Electron Resonance (DEER): a study of doubly-spin-labeled T4 lysozyme. J Magn Reson. 2012;216:69-77 pubmed publisher..The assignment of bimodal distributions to tether rotamers as opposed to protein conformations is aided by comparing results using MTSL and 4-Bromo MTSL spin-labels. The latter usually produce narrower distance distributions. ..
- Georgieva E, Borbat P, Ginter C, Freed J, Boudker O. Conformational ensemble of the sodium-coupled aspartate transporter. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2013;20:215-21 pubmed publisher..On average, the distributions varied only modestly in detergent and in bilayers, but in several mutants unique conformations were stabilized by the latter. ..