Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on rats in Nutley, New Jersey, United States
Locale: Nutley, New Jersey, United States
- Sellers R, Antman M, Phillips J, Khan K, Furst S. Effects of miglyol 812 on rats after 4 weeks of gavage as compared with methylcellulose/tween 80. Drug Chem Toxicol. 2005;28:423-32 pubmed..Therefore, it should not be considered innocuous when delivered by oral gavage in long-term rodent toxicology studies. ..
- Schoenfeld R, Bourdet D, Brameld K, Chin E, de Vicente J, Fung A, et al. Discovery of a novel series of potent non-nucleoside inhibitors of hepatitis C virus NS5B. J Med Chem. 2013;56:8163-82 pubmed publisher..Issues of potency, pharmacokinetics, and early safety were addressed in order to provide a clinical candidate in fluoropyridone 19. ..
- Luistro L, He W, Smith M, Packman K, Vilenchik M, Carvajal D, et al. Preclinical profile of a potent gamma-secretase inhibitor targeting notch signaling with in vivo efficacy and pharmacodynamic properties. Cancer Res. 2009;69:7672-80 pubmed publisher..These preclinical results support evaluation of RO4929097 in clinical studies using an intermittent dosing schedule. A multicenter phase I dose escalation study in oncology is under way. ..
- Soth M, Hermann J, Yee C, Alam M, Barnett J, Berry P, et al. 3-Amido pyrrolopyrazine JAK kinase inhibitors: development of a JAK3 vs JAK1 selective inhibitor and evaluation in cellular and in vivo models. J Med Chem. 2013;56:345-56 pubmed publisher..Evaluation of this analogue in cellular and in vivo models confirmed functional selectivity for modulation of a JAK3/JAK1-dependent IL-2 stimulated pathway over a JAK1/JAK2/Tyk2-dependent IL-6 stimulated pathway. ..
- Grimsby J, Sarabu R, Corbett W, Haynes N, Bizzarro F, Coffey J, et al. Allosteric activators of glucokinase: potential role in diabetes therapy. Science. 2003;301:370-3 pubmed..These findings may lead to the development of new drug therapies for diabetes. ..
- Mikaelian I, Buness A, Hirkaler G, Fernandes R, Coluccio D, Geng W, et al. Serum cardiac troponin I concentrations transiently increase in rats given rosiglitazone. Toxicol Lett. 2011;201:110-5 pubmed publisher..In light of reported cardiac events in patients chronically dosed with PPAR? agonists, our results support serum cTnI concentrations as an early biomarker of cardiac liability. ..
- Pullar C, Repetto B, Gilfillan A. Rapid dephosphorylation of the GTPase dynamin after FcepsilonRI aggregation in a rat mast cell line. J Immunol. 1996;157:1226-32 pubmed
- Martin M, Lieberman P, Curran T. Fos-Jun dimerization promotes interaction of the basic region with TFIIE-34 and TFIIF. Mol Cell Biol. 1996;16:2110-8 pubmed..These results suggest that dimerization induces a conformational alteration in the basic region of Fos and Jun that promotes an association with TFIIE-34 and TFIIF, thus contributing to transcription initiation. ..
- Moskovitz J, Jenkins N, Gilbert D, Copeland N, Jursky F, Weissbach H, et al. Chromosomal localization of the mammalian peptide-methionine sulfoxide reductase gene and its differential expression in various tissues. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1996;93:3205-8 pubmed..In addition, blood and alveolar macrophages showed high expression of the enzyme. The msrA gene was mapped to the central region of mouse chromosome 14, in a region of homology with human chromosomes 13 and 8p21. ..
- Narayanan R, Klement J, Ruben S, Higgins K, Rosen C. Identification of a naturally occurring transforming variant of the p65 subunit of NF-kappa B. Science. 1992;256:367-70 pubmed..Thus, p65 delta, which associated weakly and interfered with DNA binding by p65, may sequester an essential limiting regulatory factor or factors required for NF-kappa B function. ..
- Sangameswaran L, Morgan J. Structure and regulation of the gene encoding the neuron-specific protein PEP-19. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 1993;19:62-8 pubmed..However, constructs containing 1.35 kbp of 5'-upstream genomic DNA of PEP-19 fused to lacZ do not express in transgenic mice, suggesting that intragenic DNA may be essential for the regulation of PEP-19. ..
- Liu Q, Lopez Corcuera B, Mandiyan S, Nelson H, Nelson N. Cloning and expression of a spinal cord- and brain-specific glycine transporter with novel structural features. J Biol Chem. 1993;268:22802-8 pubmed..Cloning of the gene encoding the GLYT1 revealed that the two variants resulted from a differential splicing. ..
- Hilbush B, Morgan J. A third synaptotagmin gene, Syt3, in the mouse. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1994;91:8195-9 pubmed..This result suggests that individual neurons may have specific combinations of synaptotagmins that could provide for diversity in vesicular release. ..
- Kim H, Wang T, Olafsson P, Lu B. Neurotrophin 3 potentiates neuronal activity and inhibits gamma-aminobutyratergic synaptic transmission in cortical neurons. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1994;91:12341-5 pubmed
- Lugo D, Chen S, Hall A, Ziai R, Hempstead J, Morgan J. Developmental regulation of beta-thymosins in the rat central nervous system. J Neurochem. 1991;56:457-61 pubmed..It is concluded that beta-thymosin expression (as measured by steady-state mRNA and polypeptide levels) is both up- and down-regulated during different phases of maturation of the mammalian nervous system. ..
- Jursky F, Tamura S, Tamura A, Mandiyan S, Nelson H, Nelson N. Structure, function and brain localization of neurotransmitter transporters. J Exp Biol. 1994;196:283-95 pubmed..An extensive program of site-directed mutagenesis led us to identify a potential neurotransmitter binding site on the GABA transporters. ..
- Kasof G, Mandelzys A, Maika S, Hammer R, Curran T, Morgan J. Kainic acid-induced neuronal death is associated with DNA damage and a unique immediate-early gene response in c-fos-lacZ transgenic rats. J Neurosci. 1995;15:4238-49 pubmed..Thus, quantitative and qualitative changes in AP-1 DNA binding complexes accompany neurotoxic cell death that are not observed following seizures. ..
- Danciger E, Mettling C, Vidal M, Morris R, Margolis F. Olfactory marker protein gene: its structure and olfactory neuron-specific expression in transgenic mice. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1989;86:8565-9 pubmed..1. In Thy-1.2 mice carrying this transgene, Thy-1.1 was expressed solely by olfactory receptor neurons and their axons and terminals in the olfactory bulb. ..
- Sangameswaran L, Hempstead J, Morgan J. Molecular cloning of a neuron-specific transcript and its regulation during normal and aberrant cerebellar development. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1989;86:5651-5 pubmed..However, preliminary evidence suggests that PEP-19 is under posttranscriptional regulation. ..
- Ryan D, Thomas P, Levin W, Maines S, Bandiera S, Reik L. Monoclonal antibodies of differentiating specificities as probes of cytochrome P450h (2C11). Arch Biochem Biophys. 1993;301:282-93 pubmed
- Morgan J, Slemmon J, Danho W, Hempstead J, Berrebi A, Mugnaini E. Cerebellin and related postsynaptic peptides in the brain of normal and neurodevelopmentally mutant vertebrates. Synapse. 1988;2:117-24 pubmed..In addition, neurodevelopmental mutations of mice that eliminate granule cells cause a large deficit in cerebellin levels, suggesting some form of transneuronal regulation. ..
- Ruiz Avila L, McLaughlin S, Wildman D, McKinnon P, Robichon A, Spickofsky N, et al. Coupling of bitter receptor to phosphodiesterase through transducin in taste receptor cells. Nature. 1995;376:80-5 pubmed..Phosphodieterase-mediated degradation of cyclic nucleotides may lead to taste-cell depolarization through the recently identified cyclic-nucleotide-suppressible conductance. ..
- Graves B, Crowther R, Chandran C, Rumberger J, Li S, Huang K, et al. Insight into E-selectin/ligand interaction from the crystal structure and mutagenesis of the lec/EGF domains. Nature. 1994;367:532-8 pubmed..These features of the E-selectin/ligand interaction have important implications for understanding the recruitment of leukocytes to sites of inflammation. ..
- Albert V, Lee M, Bolden A, Wurzburger R, Aguanno A. Distinct promoters direct neuronal and nonneuronal expression of rat aromatic L-amino acid decarboxylase. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1992;89:12053-7 pubmed..These data suggest that transcription initiating at distinct promoters, followed by alternative splicing, is responsible for the expression of the neuronal and nonneuronal forms of the AADC message. ..
- Newman M, Lane E, Iannotti A, Nugent M, Pepinsky R, Keski Oja J. Characterization and purification of a secreted plasminogen activator inhibitor (PAI-1) induced by transforming growth factor-beta 1 in normal rat kidney (NRK) cells: decreased PAI-1 expression in transformed NRK cells. Endocrinology. 1990;126:2936-46 pubmed..A novel purification procedure was established, which results in the isolation of highly active and detergent-free TGF beta 1-induced PAI-1...
- LoSardo J, Goggin B, Bohoslawec O, Neri A. Degradation of endothelial cell matrix collagen is correlated with induction of stromelysin by an activated ras oncogene. Clin Exp Metastasis. 1995;13:236-48 pubmed
- Griffith L, Verselis L, Aitken K, Kyriacou C, Danho W, Greenspan R. Inhibition of calcium/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase in Drosophila disrupts behavioral plasticity. Neuron. 1993;10:501-9 pubmed..These results suggest that CaM kinase activity is required for plastic behaviors in an intact animal. ..
- Liu Q, Mandiyan S, Lopez Corcuera B, Nelson H, Nelson N. A rat brain cDNA encoding the neurotransmitter transporter with an unusual structure. FEBS Lett. 1993;315:114-8 pubmed..The transcript of NTT4 was found exclusively in the central nervous system and is more abundant in the cerebellum and the cerebral cortex. ..
- McLaughlin S, McKinnon P, Spickofsky N, Danho W, Margolskee R. Molecular cloning of G proteins and phosphodiesterases from rat taste cells. Physiol Behav. 1994;56:1157-64 pubmed..Consistent with this proposal, we cloned two types of cAMP PDE from taste tissue: dnc-1 and PDE-3...
- Buiakova O, Krishna N, Getchell T, Margolis F. Human and rodent OMP genes: conservation of structural and regulatory motifs and cellular localization. Genomics. 1994;20:452-62 pubmed..Furthermore, we demonstrate the in situ localization of OMP mRNA in human olfactory neuro-epithelium and its colocalization to immunocytochemically identified human olfactory receptor neurons. ..
- Chua A, Wilkinson V, Presky D, Gubler U. Cloning and characterization of a mouse IL-12 receptor-beta component. J Immunol. 1995;155:4286-94 pubmed..Despite the higher affinity displayed by the moIL-12R beta in Ba/F3 cells, this receptor alone is not sufficient to transduce a signal, suggesting that another subunit is probably required to generate a functional moIL-12R complex. ..
- Moskovitz J, Weissbach H, Brot N. Cloning the expression of a mammalian gene involved in the reduction of methionine sulfoxide residues in proteins. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1996;93:2095-9 pubmed..This is consistent with the observation that kidney extracts also contained the highest level of enzyme activity. ..
- Mosckovitz R, Udenfriend S, Felix A, Heimer E, Tate S. Membrane topology of the rat kidney neutral and basic amino acid transporter. FASEB J. 1994;8:1069-74 pubmed..Both approaches yielded results consistent with a four MSD Nin-Cin topological model for NBAT. ..
- Cohen D, Curran T. fra-1: a serum-inducible, cellular immediate-early gene that encodes a fos-related antigen. Mol Cell Biol. 1988;8:2063-9 pubmed..Thus, a family of Fos-related, inducible genes are involved in the cellular immediate-early transcriptional response to extracellular stimuli. ..
- Kudrycki K, Stein Izsak C, Behn C, Grillo M, Akeson R, Margolis F. Olf-1-binding site: characterization of an olfactory neuron-specific promoter motif. Mol Cell Biol. 1993;13:3002-14 pubmed..We propose that Olf-1 is a novel, olfactory neuron-specific trans-acting factor involved in the cell-specific expression of OMP. ..
- Dunn M, Coluccio D, Hirkaler G, Mikaelian I, Nicklaus R, Lipshultz S, et al. The complete pharmacokinetic profile of serum cardiac troponin I in the rat and the dog. Toxicol Sci. 2011;123:368-73 pubmed publisher..This approach is essential for the identification of subtle increases of serum cTnI concentrations in the low dynamic range. ..
- Yan N, Mosckovitz R, Gerber L, Mathew S, Murty V, Tate S, et al. Characterization of the promoter region of the gene for the rat neutral and basic amino acid transporter and chromosomal localization of the human gene. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1994;91:7548-52 pubmed..Positive and negative regulatory elements in the promoter region were observed. A human genomic clone of the transporter was also obtained and was used to localize the NBAT gene at the p21 region of chromosome 2. ..
- Khew Goodall Y, Grillo M, Getchell M, Danho W, Getchell T, Margolis F. Vomeromodulin, a putative pheromone transporter: cloning, characterization, and cellular localization of a novel glycoprotein of lateral nasal gland. FASEB J. 1991;5:2976-82 pubmed..These observations support our hypothesis that vomeromodulin participates in perireceptor events that facilitate the process of pheromone access and detection. ..
- Garrido R, Zabka T, Tao J, Fielden M, Fretland A, Albassam M. Quantitative histological assessment of xenobiotic-induced liver enzyme induction and pituitary-thyroid axis stimulation in rats using whole-slide automated image analysis. J Histochem Cytochem. 2013;61:362-71 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate the utility of our image analysis to support preclinical safety evaluations. ..
- Urade Y, Oberdick J, Molinar Rode R, Morgan J. Precerebellin is a cerebellum-specific protein with similarity to the globular domain of complement C1q B chain. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1991;88:1069-73 pubmed..Because cerebellin-like immunoreactivity is associated with Purkinje cell postsynaptic structures, these data raise interesting possibilities concerning the function of the cerebellin precursor in synaptic physiology. ..
- McLaughlin S, McKinnon P, Margolskee R. Gustducin is a taste-cell-specific G protein closely related to the transducins. Nature. 1992;357:563-9 pubmed..alpha-Gustducin most closely resembles the transducins (the rod and cone photoreceptor G proteins), suggesting that gustducin's role in taste transduction is analogous to that of transducin in light transduction. ..