Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on peptide initiation factors in Ithaca, New York, United States
Locale: Ithaca, New York, United States
Topic: peptide initiation factors
- Mulero J, Fox T. Alteration of the Saccharomyces cerevisiae COX2 mRNA 5'-untranslated leader by mitochondrial gene replacement and functional interaction with the translational activator protein PET111. Mol Biol Cell. 1993;4:1327-35 pubmed..These results demonstrate an intimate functional interaction between the translational activator protein and the mRNA 5'-UTL and suggest that they may interact directly. ..
- Green Willms N, Butler C, Dunstan H, Fox T. Pet111p, an inner membrane-bound translational activator that limits expression of the Saccharomyces cerevisiae mitochondrial gene COX2. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:6392-7 pubmed..8-fold in a strain bearing extra copies of PET111 on a high-copy plasmid. Thus, Pet111p could play dual roles in both membrane localization and regulation of Cox2p synthesis within mitochondria. ..
- Naithani S, Saracco S, Butler C, Fox T. Interactions among COX1, COX2, and COX3 mRNA-specific translational activator proteins on the inner surface of the mitochondrial inner membrane of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Biol Cell. 2003;14:324-33 pubmed..In addition, we found interactions between Nam1p/Mtf2p and the translational activators, suggesting an organized delivery of mitochondrial mRNAs to the translation system. ..
- Kelleher E, Edelman N, Barbash D. Drosophila interspecific hybrids phenocopy piRNA-pathway mutants. PLoS Biol. 2012;10:e1001428 pubmed publisher..We suggest that TE derepression in interspecific hybrids largely reflects adaptive divergence of piRNA pathway genes rather than species-specific differences in TE-derived piRNAs. ..
- Mulero J, Fox T. Reduced but accurate translation from a mutant AUA initiation codon in the mitochondrial COX2 mRNA of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Gen Genet. 1994;242:383-90 pubmed
- Singh U, Li Q, Cerione R. Identification of the eukaryotic initiation factor 5A as a retinoic acid-stimulated cellular binding partner for tissue transglutaminase II. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:1946-50 pubmed..The interaction between TGase and eIF-5A and its sensitivity to the nucleotide-occupied state of the TGase provides a potentially interesting connection between RA signaling and protein synthesis and/or RNA trafficking activities. ..
- Fiori A, Perez Martinez X, Fox T. Overexpression of the COX2 translational activator, Pet111p, prevents translation of COX1 mRNA and cytochrome c oxidase assembly in mitochondria of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Microbiol. 2005;56:1689-704 pubmed