Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on molecular sequence data in Piscataway, New Jersey, United States
Locale: Piscataway, New Jersey, United States
Topic: molecular sequence data
Publications193 found, 100 shown here
- Lai J, Dey N, Kim C, Bharti A, Rudd S, Mayer K, et al. Characterization of the maize endosperm transcriptome and its comparison to the rice genome. Genome Res. 2004;14:1932-7 pubmed
- Zhou F, Xu W, Hong M, Pan Z, Sinko P, Ma J, et al. The role of N-linked glycosylation in protein folding, membrane targeting, and substrate binding of human organic anion transporter hOAT4. Mol Pharmacol. 2005;67:868-76 pubmed..Glycosylation could therefore serve as a means to specifically regulate hOAT4 function in vivo. ..
- Lambert J, Chen D, Wang C, Ai N, Sang S, Ho C, et al. Benzotropolone inhibitors of estradiol methylation: kinetics and in silico modeling studies. Bioorg Med Chem. 2005;13:2501-7 pubmed..Further studies are needed to determine the impact in vivo of COMT inhibition by these compounds. ..
- Umemura T, Rapp P, Rongo C. The role of regulatory domain interactions in UNC-43 CaMKII localization and trafficking. J Cell Sci. 2005;118:3327-38 pubmed..Our results suggest that the activation of UNC-43 by calcium/calmodulin displaces the autoinhibitory domain, thereby exposing key residues of the catalytic domain that allow for protein translocation to the neurites. ..
- Chen L, Madura K. Evidence for distinct functions for human DNA repair factors hHR23A and hHR23B. FEBS Lett. 2006;580:3401-8 pubmed..We also determined that hHR23A and hHR23B could be co-purified with unique proteolytic and stress-responsive factors from human breast cancer tissues, indicating that they have unique functions in vivo. ..
- Lawson C, Yung B, Barbour A, Zückert W. Crystal structure of neurotropism-associated variable surface protein 1 (Vsp1) of Borrelia turicatae. J Bacteriol. 2006;188:4522-30 pubmed
- Yeung P, Zhang A, Chen J. Nuclear localization of coactivator RAC3 is mediated by a bipartite NLS and importin alpha3. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;348:13-24 pubmed..Together, these results reveal a previous unknown mechanism for nuclear translocation of p160 coactivators and a critical function of the conserved bHLH within the coactivator. ..
- Greenfield N, Huang Y, Swapna G, Bhattacharya A, Rapp B, Singh A, et al. Solution NMR structure of the junction between tropomyosin molecules: implications for actin binding and regulation. J Mol Biol. 2006;364:80-96 pubmed
- Wu K, Kim S, Fela D, Baum J. Characterization of conformational and dynamic properties of natively unfolded human and mouse alpha-synuclein ensembles by NMR: implication for aggregation. J Mol Biol. 2008;378:1104-15 pubmed publisher..These transient interchain interactions coupled with a non-A beta amyloid component (NAC) region that is both more exposed and has a higher propensity to beta structure may accelerate the rate of fibril formation of aS. ..
- Li Y, Brodsky B, Baum J. NMR conformational and dynamic consequences of a gly to ser substitution in an osteogenesis imperfecta collagen model peptide. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:20660-7 pubmed publisher..The structural and dynamic alterations reported here may play a role in the etiology of osteogenesis imperfecta by affecting collagen secretion or interactions with other matrix molecules. ..
- Jin F, Fondell J. A novel androgen receptor-binding element modulates Cdc6 transcription in prostate cancer cells during cell-cycle progression. Nucleic Acids Res. 2009;37:4826-38 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results suggest that Cdc6 is a key regulatory target for AR and provide new insights into the mechanisms of prostate cancer cell proliferation...
- Kortagere S, Mui E, McLeod R, Welsh W. Rapid discovery of inhibitors of Toxoplasma gondii using hybrid structure-based computational approach. J Comput Aided Mol Des. 2011;25:403-11 pubmed publisher..gondii tachyzoites, but has no effect on host cell human foreskin fibroblasts (HFF) at concentrations more than a log greater than the concentration that inhibits the parasites. ..
- Gonzalez Flores J, Gupta N, Demong L, Copeland P. The selenocysteine-specific elongation factor contains a novel and multi-functional domain. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:38936-45 pubmed publisher..We propose a model where the SBP2/SECIS complex activates eEFSec by directing functional interactions between Domain IV and the ribosome to promote Sec-tRNA(Sec) binding and accommodation into the ribosomal A-site. ..
- Mead J, Zhong H, Acton T, Vershon A. The yeast alpha2 and Mcm1 proteins interact through a region similar to a motif found in homeodomain proteins of higher eukaryotes. Mol Cell Biol. 1996;16:2135-43 pubmed..These findings suggest that homeodomain proteins from diverse organisms may use analogous interaction motifs to associate with other proteins to achieve high levels of DNA binding affinity and specificity. ..
- Jiang W, Fang L, Inouye M. The role of the 5'-end untranslated region of the mRNA for CspA, the major cold-shock protein of Escherichia coli, in cold-shock adaptation. J Bacteriol. 1996;178:4919-25 pubmed..CspA appears to promote either directly or indirectly the repressor function. ..
- Iler N, Abate Shen C. Rapid identification of homeodomain binding sites in the Wnt-5a gene using an immunoprecipitation strategy. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1996;227:257-65 pubmed..We propose that the immunoprecipitation strategy permits a rapid, initial approach for identifying functionally-relevant homeodomain binding sites within target genes whose regulatory sequences have not yet been previously elucidated. ..
- Akoulitchev S, Reinberg D. The molecular mechanism of mitotic inhibition of TFIIH is mediated by phosphorylation of CDK7. Genes Dev. 1998;12:3541-50 pubmed..Negative and positive regulation of TFIIH requires phosphorylation within the T-loop of CDK7. Our data establishes TFIIH and its subunit CDK7 as a direct link between the regulation of transcription and the cell cycle. ..
- Brownlee H, Gao P, Frisen J, Dreyfus C, Zhou R, Black I. Multiple ephrins regulate hippocampal neurite outgrowth. J Comp Neurol. 2000;425:315-22 pubmed..Our observations suggest that all three septal ephrins, A2, A3, and A5, play spatiotemporally specific roles in guiding topographic projections from the hippocampus. ..
- Firestein B, Rongo C. DLG-1 is a MAGUK similar to SAP97 and is required for adherens junction formation. Mol Biol Cell. 2001;12:3465-75 pubmed..Our results suggest a new function for MAGUK proteins distinct from their role in cell polarity. ..
- Zhang J, Inouye M. MazG, a nucleoside triphosphate pyrophosphohydrolase, interacts with Era, an essential GTPase in Escherichia coli. J Bacteriol. 2002;184:5323-9 pubmed..Unlike mutT, a gene for another conserved nucleotide triphosphate pyrophosphohydrolase that functions as a mutator gene, the mazG deletion did not result in a mutator phenotype in E. coli...
- Chen B, Mandal S, Hampsey M. High-resolution protein-DNA contacts for the yeast RNA polymerase II general transcription machinery. Biochemistry. 2004;43:12741-9 pubmed..We discuss the implications of these results for the mechanism of preinitiation complex assembly and promoter melting. ..
- Li W, Jain M, Chen C, Yue X, Hebbar V, Zhou R, et al. Nrf2 Possesses a redox-insensitive nuclear export signal overlapping with the leucine zipper motif. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:28430-8 pubmed..The characterization of the Nrf2 NES may help decipher the mechanisms governing nuclear localization and subsequent transcriptional activation of Nrf2-mediated cytoprotective genes. ..
- Qin L, Partridge N. Stimulation of amphiregulin expression in osteoblastic cells by parathyroid hormone requires the protein kinase A and cAMP response element-binding protein signaling pathway. J Cell Biochem. 2005;96:632-40 pubmed..In summary, our data suggest that PTH-induced AR mRNA expression is mediated primarily through cAMP-PKA-CREB signaling. ..
- Yuzenkova Y, Zenkin N, Severinov K. Mapping of RNA polymerase residues that interact with bacteriophage Xp10 transcription antitermination factor p7. J Mol Biol. 2008;375:29-35 pubmed
- O Connell M, Osmani A, Morris N, Osmani S. An extra copy of nimEcyclinB elevates pre-MPF levels and partially suppresses mutation of nimTcdc25 in Aspergillus nidulans. EMBO J. 1992;11:2139-49 pubmed..We also demonstrate that correct cell cycle regulation by the p34cdc2 protein kinase pathway is essential for correct developmental progression in A.nidulans. ..
- Yu F, Jen Y, Takeuchi E, Inouye M, Nakayama H, Tagaya M, et al. Alpha-glucan phosphorylase from Escherichia coli. Cloning of the gene, and purification and characterization of the protein. J Biol Chem. 1988;263:13706-11 pubmed..The amino acid sequence deduced was compared with those of alpha-glucan phosphorylases from other sources. ..
- Ding J, Das K, Tantillo C, Zhang W, Clark A, Jessen S, et al. Structure of HIV-1 reverse transcriptase in a complex with the non-nucleoside inhibitor alpha-APA R 95845 at 2.8 A resolution. Structure. 1995;3:365-79 pubmed
- Ma D, Watanabe H, Mermelstein F, Admon A, Oguri K, Sun X, et al. Isolation of a cDNA encoding the largest subunit of TFIIA reveals functions important for activated transcription. Genes Dev. 1993;7:2246-57 pubmed..Interestingly, amino acid sequence analyses of the beta-subunit demonstrate these residues to be entirely contained within the carboxyl terminus of the cDNA clone encoding the alpha-subunit. ..
- Kurys G, Shah P, Kikonygo A, Reed D, Ambroziak W, Pietruszko R. Human aldehyde dehydrogenase. cDNA cloning and primary structure of the enzyme that catalyzes dehydrogenation of 4-aminobutyraldehyde. Eur J Biochem. 1993;218:311-20 pubmed..7% positional identity), a prokaryotic enzyme specific for betaine aldehyde. ..
- McKinnon R, Piras G, Ida J, Dubois Dalcq M. A role for TGF-beta in oligodendrocyte differentiation. J Cell Biol. 1993;121:1397-407 pubmed..Moreover, our results suggest that TGF-beta may be an important mediator of oligodendrocyte differentiation. ..
- Toke D, Martin C. Isolation and characterization of a gene affecting fatty acid elongation in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:18413-22 pubmed..It is rapidly induced in wild type cells that are supplemented with 14:0 and is repressed when cells are supplied with 16- and 18-carbon fatty acids. ..
- Harris E, Hey J. X chromosome evidence for ancient human histories. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1999;96:3320-4 pubmed..Like these other genes, but in conflict with microsatellite and mitochondrial data, PDHA1 does not show evidence of human population expansion. ..
- Seamon J, Jones K, Miller C, Roth M. Inserting a nuclear targeting signal into a replication-competent Moloney murine leukemia virus affects viral export and is not sufficient for cell cycle-independent infection. J Virol. 2002;76:8475-84 pubmed..Viral infection with the NLS-tagged proteins, however, remained dependent on passage of the cells through mitosis. This finding has direct implications for engineering murine-based retroviral vectors for gene therapy...
- Park W, Li J, Song R, Messing J, Chen X. CARPEL FACTORY, a Dicer homolog, and HEN1, a novel protein, act in microRNA metabolism in Arabidopsis thaliana. Curr Biol. 2002;12:1484-95 pubmed..The developmental defects associated with caf-1 and hen1-1 mutations and the patterns of miRNA accumulation suggest that miRNAs play fundamental roles in plant development. ..
- Ma J, Pan Z. Retrograde activation of store-operated calcium channel. Cell Calcium. 2003;33:375-84 pubmed..A tight link between the expression of CRT and operation of SOC exist in certain cancer cells, where the reduced sensitivity to apoptosis may correlate with the altered function of SOC. ..
- Maduzia L, Roberts A, Wang H, Lin X, Chin L, Zimmerman C, et al. C. elegans serine-threonine kinase KIN-29 modulates TGFbeta signaling and regulates body size formation. BMC Dev Biol. 2005;5:8 pubmed..kin-29 is a new modulator of the Sma/Mab pathway. It functions in neurons and in the hypodermis to regulate body size, but does not affect all TGFbeta outputs, such as tail morphogenesis. ..
- Xu Z, Dooner H. The maize aberrant pollen transmission 1 gene is a SABRE/KIP homolog required for pollen tube growth. Genetics. 2006;172:1251-61 pubmed publisher..The apt1-m1(Ac) mutable allele is an excellent tool for selecting Ac transpositions because of the strong negative selection pressure operating against the parental Ac site...
- Schaar D, Sieber B, Sherwood A, Dean D, Mendoza G, Ramakrishnan L, et al. Multiple astrocyte transcripts encode nigral trophic factors in rat and human. Exp Neurol. 1994;130:387-93 pubmed..To begin assessing the biologic significance of multiple transcript expression we characterized the actions of COS-expressed GDNF and ATF-1 cDNAs.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS) ..
- Catron K, Iler N, Abate C. Nucleotides flanking a conserved TAAT core dictate the DNA binding specificity of three murine homeodomain proteins. Mol Cell Biol. 1993;13:2354-65 pubmed..Differences in DNA binding specificities observed in vitro may contribute to selective interactions of homeodomain proteins with potential binding sites in the control regions of target genes. ..
- Zhang Y, Ng H, Erdjument Bromage H, Tempst P, Bird A, Reinberg D. Analysis of the NuRD subunits reveals a histone deacetylase core complex and a connection with DNA methylation. Genes Dev. 1999;13:1924-35 pubmed..MBD2 interacts with the NuRD complex and directs the complex to methylated DNA. NuRD may provide a means of gene silencing by DNA methylation. ..
- Bendall A, Abate Shen C. Roles for Msx and Dlx homeoproteins in vertebrate development. Gene. 2000;247:17-31 pubmed..Moreover, their ability to oppose each other's transcriptional actions implies a mechanism underlying their complementary or antagonistic functions during development. ..
- Shen B, Zheng Z, Dooner H. A maize sesquiterpene cyclase gene induced by insect herbivory and volicitin: characterization of wild-type and mutant alleles. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2000;97:14807-12 pubmed..Therefore, we have identified a maize gene that responds to caterpillar herbivory by producing a chemical defense signal that most likely serves to attract natural enemies of the herbivore. ..
- Minakhin L, Nechaev S, Campbell E, Severinov K. Recombinant Thermus aquaticus RNA polymerase, a new tool for structure-based analysis of transcription. J Bacteriol. 2001;183:71-6 pubmed publisher..Our results, together with the high-resolution structural information, should now allow a rational analysis of transcription mechanism by mutation...
- Jiao X, Trifillis P, Kiledjian M. Identification of target messenger RNA substrates for the murine deleted in azoospermia-like RNA-binding protein. Biol Reprod. 2002;66:475-85 pubmed..Understanding how mDAZL regulates the target mRNAs will provide new insights into spermatogenesis, strategies for therapeutic intervention in azoospermic patients, and novel approaches for male contraception. ..
- Capasso H, Palermo C, Wan S, Rao H, John U, O Connell M, et al. Phosphorylation activates Chk1 and is required for checkpoint-mediated cell cycle arrest. J Cell Sci. 2002;115:4555-64 pubmed..These data are similar to observations made in mammalian cells and Xenopus oocyte extracts, suggesting that mechanisms leading to Chk1 activation have been conserved in evolution. ..
- Tan Q, Prysak M, Woychik N. Loss of the Rpb4/Rpb7 subcomplex in a mutant form of the Rpb6 subunit shared by RNA polymerases I, II, and III. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:3329-38 pubmed..The association of Rpb4/Rpb7 with Rpb6 suggests that analogous subunits of each RNA polymerase impart class-specific functions through a conserved core subunit. ..
- Gerecke D, Meng X, Liu B, Birk D. Complete primary structure and genomic organization of the mouse Col14a1 gene. Matrix Biol. 2004;22:595-601 pubmed..The entire mouse genomic structure has been determined and is made up of 48 exons. Alternatively spliced forms of mouse type XIV, collagen were not identified corresponding to the findings for the human form. ..
- Chen C, Schweinsberg P, Vashist S, Mareiniss D, Lambie E, Grant B. RAB-10 is required for endocytic recycling in the Caenorhabditis elegans intestine. Mol Biol Cell. 2006;17:1286-97 pubmed..We found that a functional GFP-RAB-10 reporter protein is localized to endosomes and Golgi in wild-type intestinal cells consistent with a direct role for RAB-10 in this transport pathway. ..
- Yamashiro S, Yamakita Y, Totsukawa G, Goto H, Kaibuchi K, Ito M, et al. Myosin phosphatase-targeting subunit 1 regulates mitosis by antagonizing polo-like kinase 1. Dev Cell. 2008;14:787-97 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results identify a previously unrecognized role for MYPT1 in regulating mitosis by antagonizing PLK1. ..
- Lara Gonzalez S, Birktoft J, Lawson C. Structure of the Escherichia coli RNA polymerase alpha subunit C-terminal domain. Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr. 2010;66:806-12 pubmed publisher..The new coordinates will facilitate the improved modeling of alphaCTD-containing multi-component complexes visualized at lower resolution using X-ray crystallography and electron-microscopy reconstruction. ..
- Harel A, Bromberg Y, Falkowski P, Bhattacharya D. Evolutionary history of redox metal-binding domains across the tree of life. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:7042-7 pubmed publisher..The empirically discovered network allows us to peer into the ancient history of microbial metabolism on our planet. ..
- Newkirk K, Feng W, Jiang W, Tejero R, Emerson S, Inouye M, et al. Solution NMR structure of the major cold shock protein (CspA) from Escherichia coli: identification of a binding epitope for DNA. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1994;91:5114-8 pubmed..These isotope-edited pulsed-field gradient NMR data provide a low-resolution mapping of a DNA-binding epitope on CspA...
- Chen H, Remmler J, Delaney J, Messner D, Lobel P. Mutational analysis of the cation-independent mannose 6-phosphate/insulin-like growth factor II receptor. A consensus casein kinase II site followed by 2 leucines near the carboxyl terminus is important for intracellular targeting of lysosomal enzyme. J Biol Chem. 1993;268:22338-46 pubmed
- Hey J, Kliman R. Population genetics and phylogenetics of DNA sequence variation at multiple loci within the Drosophila melanogaster species complex. Mol Biol Evol. 1993;10:804-22 pubmed publisher..5-3.4 Mya. The separations of D. sechellia and D. mauritiana from ancestral D. simulans appear to have occurred 0.58-0.86 Mya, with D. mauritiana having diverged from ancestral D. simulans 0.1 Myr more recently than D. sechellia...
- Kumar S, Gelinas C. I kappa B alpha-mediated inhibition of v-Rel DNA binding requires direct interaction with the RXXRXRXXC Rel/kappa B DNA-binding motif. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1993;90:8962-6 pubmed
- Rhee S, Ebensperger C, Dembic Z, Pestka S. The structure of the gene for the second chain of the human interferon-gamma receptor. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:28947-52 pubmed..Promoter activity of the 5'-flanking region was investigated with a luciferase reporter gene and the cytomegalovirus minimal promoter. Segments of the 5' region with promoter activity were identified. ..
- Moraczewska J, Greenfield N, Liu Y, Hitchcock DeGregori S. Alteration of tropomyosin function and folding by a nemaline myopathy-causing mutation. Biophys J. 2000;79:3217-25 pubmed..The mutation may also reduce force generation during activation. ..
- Kosinski P, Laughlin J, Singh K, Covey L. A complex containing polypyrimidine tract-binding protein is involved in regulating the stability of CD40 ligand (CD154) mRNA. J Immunol. 2003;170:979-88 pubmed..Finally, using Abs against known RNA-binding proteins, we identified the polypyrimidine tract-binding protein (or heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein I) as a candidate RNA-binding component of complex I. ..
- Zhang Y, Zhu L, Zhang J, Inouye M. Characterization of ChpBK, an mRNA interferase from Escherichia coli. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:26080-8 pubmed..The ChpBK cleavage of a synthetic RNA substrate generated a 2',3'-cyclic phosphate group at the 3'-end of the 5'-end product and a 5'-OH group at the 5'-end of the 3'-end product in a manner identical to that of MazF. ..
- Puglia J, Wang T, Smith Snyder C, Cote M, Scher M, Pelletier J, et al. Revealing domain structure through linker-scanning analysis of the murine leukemia virus (MuLV) RNase H and MuLV and human immunodeficiency virus type 1 integrase proteins. J Virol. 2006;80:9497-510 pubmed..Importantly, these genetic footprints provide a means to identify nonessential regions within RT and IN for targeted gene therapy applications. ..
- Yeung P, Chen L, Tsai S, Zhang A, Chen J. Daxx contains two nuclear localization signals and interacts with importin alpha3. J Cell Biochem. 2008;103:456-70 pubmed..Together, these data unveil a molecular mechanism that controls nuclear localization of Daxx and support a nuclear role of Daxx in transcriptional regulation. ..
- Yamaguchi Y, Park J, Inouye M. MqsR, a crucial regulator for quorum sensing and biofilm formation, is a GCU-specific mRNA interferase in Escherichia coli. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:28746-53 pubmed publisher..MqsR forms a stable 2:1 complex with YgiT, and the complex likely functions as a repressor for the mqsR-ygiT operon by specifically binding to two different palindromic sequences present in the 5'-untranslated region of this operon. ..
- Sung C, Gennity J, Pollitt N, Inouye M. A positive residue in the hydrophobic core of the Escherichia coli lipoprotein signal peptide suppresses the secretion defect caused by an acidic amino terminus. J Biol Chem. 1992;267:997-1000 pubmed..This effect was position-specific, did not require precursor translocation, and was dominant to the inhibition of synthesis caused by an acidic amino terminus. ..
- Chen G, Fang L, Inouye M. Effect of the relative position of the UGA codon to the unique secondary structure in the fdhF mRNA on its decoding by selenocysteinyl tRNA in Escherichia coli. J Biol Chem. 1993;268:23128-31 pubmed..These results indicate that the UGA codon at position 0 is not only most effectively decoded by selenocysteinyl tRNA but also tightly blocked from its nonspecific suppression in the absence of any components required for the decoding. ..
- Seol W, Shatkin A. Membrane topology model of Escherichia coli alpha-ketoglutarate permease by phoA fusion analysis. J Bacteriol. 1993;175:565-7 pubmed..Comparisons of the phosphatase activity levels and the locations of the KgtP-PhoA junctions are consistent with the predicted membrane topology model of KgtP...
- Lee P, Stock A. Characterization of the genes and proteins of a two-component system from the hyperthermophilic bacterium Thermotoga maritima. J Bacteriol. 1996;178:5579-85 pubmed..The phosphorylation reactions were strongly temperature dependent. The results indicate that the recombinant T. maritima two-component proteins overexpressed in E. coli are stable as well as enzymatically active at elevated temperatures...
- Shimamoto T, Inouye M. Mutational analysis of Era, an essential GTP-binding protein of Escherichia coli. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 1996;136:57-62 pubmed..However, the Km values for GTPase activity increased 5- and 12-fold for dE and T42A/T43A mutants, respectively. These results indicate that both the GTP-binding and GTPase activities are important for the Era function. ..
- Zhang H, Hu G, Wang H, Sciavolino P, Iler N, Shen M, et al. Heterodimerization of Msx and Dlx homeoproteins results in functional antagonism. Mol Cell Biol. 1997;17:2920-32 pubmed..Based on these observations, we propose that functional antagonism through heterodimer formation provides a mechanism for regulating the transcriptional actions of Msx and Dlx homeoproteins in vivo. ..
- Sleat D, Donnelly R, Lackland H, Liu C, Sohar I, Pullarkat R, et al. Association of mutations in a lysosomal protein with classical late-infantile neuronal ceroid lipofuscinosis. Science. 1997;277:1802-5 pubmed..Mutations in the gene encoding this protein were identified in LINCL patients but not in normal controls. ..
- Liu C, Sleat D, Donnelly R, Lobel P. Structural organization and sequence of CLN2, the defective gene in classical late infantile neuronal ceroid lipofuscinosis. Genomics. 1998;50:206-12 pubmed..Taken together, this information will facilitate the molecular analysis of and genetic testing for classical LINCL. ..
- Das P, Inoue H, Baker J, Beppu H, Kawabata M, Harland R, et al. Drosophila dSmad2 and Atr-I transmit activin/TGFbeta signals. Genes Cells. 1999;4:123-34 pubmed..Expression patterns of dSmad2 suggest that it functions in imaginal disks and in the brain, in tissues that undergo extensive patterning and proliferation. ..
- Liu H, Jang J, Graham J, Nycz K, McKim K. Two genes required for meiotic recombination in Drosophila are expressed from a dicistronic message. Genetics. 2000;154:1735-46 pubmed..These phenotypes are most similar to mutants of the mei-218 gene. This is striking because mei-217 and mei-218 are part of the same transcription unit and are most likely produced from a dicistronic message. ..
- Pavur K, Petrov A, Ryazanov A. Mapping the functional domains of elongation factor-2 kinase. Biochemistry. 2000;39:12216-24 pubmed..The amino acid sequence of the carboxyl-terminal domain of eEF-2 kinase displays similarity to several proteins, all of which contain repeats of a 36-amino acid motif that we named "motif 36". ..
- Mullen J, Kaliraman V, Ibrahim S, Brill S. Requirement for three novel protein complexes in the absence of the Sgs1 DNA helicase in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genetics. 2001;157:103-18 pubmed
- Bupp K, Roth M. Altering retroviral tropism using a random-display envelope library. Mol Ther. 2002;5:329-35 pubmed..The EF envelope protein thus isolated should be useful for studying gene therapy treatments of osteosarcoma in a large-animal model. ..
- Western T, Cheng Y, Liu J, Chen X. HUA ENHANCER2, a putative DExH-box RNA helicase, maintains homeotic B and C gene expression in Arabidopsis. Development. 2002;129:1569-81 pubmed
- Greenfield N, Fowler V. Tropomyosin requires an intact N-terminal coiled coil to interact with tropomodulin. Biophys J. 2002;82:2580-91 pubmed
- Giunta K, Jang J, Manheim E, Subramanian G, McKim K. subito encodes a kinesin-like protein required for meiotic spindle pole formation in Drosophila melanogaster. Genetics. 2002;160:1489-501 pubmed..sub is also required for the early embryonic divisions but is otherwise dispensable for most mitotic divisions. ..
- Dorovkov M, Pavur K, Petrov A, Ryazanov A. Regulation of elongation factor-2 kinase by pH. Biochemistry. 2002;41:13444-50 pubmed..Our results suggest that pH-dependent activation of eEF-2K may play a role in the global inhibition of protein synthesis during tissue acidosis, which accompanies such processes as hypoxia and ischemia. ..
- Das K, Butler G, Kwiatkowski V, Clark A, Yadav P, Arnold E. Crystal structures of arginine deiminase with covalent reaction intermediates; implications for catalytic mechanism. Structure. 2004;12:657-67 pubmed..The structure from form II crystals represents an amidino-enzyme complex; the reaction-center carbon is covalently bonded to Cys398 sulfur and two nitrogens, and the reacting water molecule is only 2.54 A away. ..
- Kim D, Kim T, Walsh T, Kobayashi Y, Matise T, Buyske S, et al. Widespread RNA editing of embedded alu elements in the human transcriptome. Genome Res. 2004;14:1719-25 pubmed..Therefore, Alu-associated RNA editing may be a mechanism for marking nonstandard transcripts, not destined for translation. ..
- Park K, Hernandez L, Cai S, Wang Y, Sesti F. A family of K+ channel ancillary subunits regulate taste sensitivity in Caenorhabditis elegans. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:21893-9 pubmed..Thus, it appears that the chemosensory apparatus of C. elegans uses sensory thresholds and that a voltage-gated K(+) channel is specifically required for this mechanism. ..
- Toro Roman A, Mack T, Stock A. Structural analysis and solution studies of the activated regulatory domain of the response regulator ArcA: a symmetric dimer mediated by the alpha4-beta5-alpha5 face. J Mol Biol. 2005;349:11-26 pubmed
- Sato M, Sato K, Fonarev P, Huang C, Liou W, Grant B. Caenorhabditis elegans RME-6 is a novel regulator of RAB-5 at the clathrin-coated pit. Nat Cell Biol. 2005;7:559-69 pubmed..These results suggest a mechanism for the activation of Rab5 in clathrin-coated pits or clathrin-coated vesicles that is essential for the delivery of endocytic cargo to early endosomes...
- Mao Y, Rauskolb C, Cho E, Hu W, Hayter H, Minihan G, et al. Dachs: an unconventional myosin that functions downstream of Fat to regulate growth, affinity and gene expression in Drosophila. Development. 2006;133:2539-51 pubmed..Our results implicate Dachs as a crucial downstream component of a Fat signaling pathway that influences growth, affinity and gene expression during development. ..
- Kostyukova A, Choy A, Rapp B. Tropomodulin binds two tropomyosins: a novel model for actin filament capping. Biochemistry. 2006;45:12068-75 pubmed..We propose a model for actin capping where one tropomodulin molecule can bind to two tropomyosin molecules at the pointed end. ..
- Fan Y, Gelinas C. An optimal range of transcription potency is necessary for efficient cell transformation by c-Rel to ensure optimal nuclear localization and gene-specific activation. Oncogene. 2007;26:4038-43 pubmed..These findings may have important implications for understanding how Rel TAD mutations can lead to a more oncogenic phenotype. ..
- Nariya H, Inouye M. MazF, an mRNA interferase, mediates programmed cell death during multicellular Myxococcus development. Cell. 2008;132:55-66 pubmed publisher..Transcription of mrpC and mazF is negatively regulated via MrpC phosphorylation by a Ser/Thr kinase cascade. These findings reveal the regulated deployment of a toxin gene for developmental programmed cell death in bacteria...