Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on mice in Piscataway, New Jersey, United States
Locale: Piscataway, New Jersey, United States
Publications459 found, 100 shown here
- Lukić S, Chen K. Human piRNAs are under selection in Africans and repress transposable elements. Mol Biol Evol. 2011;28:3061-7 pubmed publisher..Overall, our results elucidate the function and evolution of piRNAs in humans and highlight the utility of population genomics analysis for studying this rapidly evolving genetic system...
- Gibson C, Hossain M, Richardson J, Aleksunes L. Inflammatory regulation of ATP binding cassette efflux transporter expression and function in microglia. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2012;343:650-60 pubmed publisher..Decreased transporter efflux function in microglia may lead to the retention of toxic chemicals and aberrant cell-cell communication during neuroinflammation. ..
- Kong B, Huang J, Zhu Y, Li G, Williams J, Shen S, et al. Fibroblast growth factor 15 deficiency impairs liver regeneration in mice. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2014;306:G893-902 pubmed publisher..The underlying mechanism is likely the result of disrupted bile acid homeostasis and impaired priming of hepatocyte proliferation. ..
- Zhou R, Copeland T, Kromer L, Schulz N. Isolation and characterization of Bsk, a growth factor receptor-like tyrosine kinase associated with the limbic system. J Neurosci Res. 1994;37:129-43 pubmed..5 day embryonic head extract. Our analysis shows that bsk is a growth factor receptor-like protein tyrosine kinase and that its greatest expression in the adult brain is associated with components of the limbic system. ..
- Chen S, Zhu H, Wetzel W, Philbert M. Spontaneous melanocytosis in transgenic mice. J Invest Dermatol. 1996;106:1145-51 pubmed..This line of transgenic mice may provide a useful model for investigation of the etiology and progression of benign and malignant melanin-containing tumors. ..
- Xiang M, Gan L, Li D, Chen Z, Zhou L, O Malley B, et al. Essential role of POU-domain factor Brn-3c in auditory and vestibular hair cell development. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1997;94:9445-50 pubmed
- Bendall A, Hu G, Levi G, Abate Shen C. Dlx5 regulates chondrocyte differentiation at multiple stages. Int J Dev Biol. 2003;47:335-44 pubmed
- Haspel J, Grumet M. The L1CAM extracellular region: a multi-domain protein with modular and cooperative binding modes. Front Biosci. 2003;8:s1210-25 pubmed..Furthermore, these studies suggest that the extracellular region is a dynamic, integrated structure that depends on cooperative interactions among its Ig-like domains for proper functioning. ..
- Bourassa B, Monaghan S, Rittling S. Impaired anti-tumor cytotoxicity of macrophages from osteopontin-deficient mice. Cell Immunol. 2004;227:1-11 pubmed..These data support the hypothesis that host-derived osteopontin may inhibit tumor growth and provide a mechanism for this effect. ..
- Dicicco Bloom E, Lelievre V, Zhou X, Rodriguez W, Tam J, Waschek J. Embryonic expression and multifunctional actions of the natriuretic peptides and receptors in the developing nervous system. Dev Biol. 2004;271:161-75 pubmed
- Du Y, Fischer T, Clinton Luke P, Lercher L, Dreyfus C. Distinct effects of p75 in mediating actions of neurotrophins on basal forebrain oligodendrocytes. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2006;31:366-75 pubmed..On the other hand, K252a, an inhibitor of trk receptors, abolished the effects of the neurotrophins, including BDNF. All neurotrophins activated their respective trk receptors. ..
- Khor T, Hu R, Shen G, Jeong W, Hebbar V, Chen C, et al. Pharmacogenomics of cancer chemopreventive isothiocyanate compound sulforaphane in the intestinal polyps of ApcMin/+ mice. Biopharm Drug Dispos. 2006;27:407-20 pubmed
- Kim K, PHAM C, Sleat D, Lobel P. Dipeptidyl-peptidase I does not functionally compensate for the loss of tripeptidyl-peptidase I in the neurodegenerative disease late-infantile neuronal ceroid lipofuscinosis. Biochem J. 2008;415:225-32 pubmed publisher..These results together indicate that DPPI cannot functionally compensate for the loss of TPPI. Therapeutic approaches to increase neuronal expression of DPPI are therefore unlikely to be effective for treatment of LINCL. ..
- Wen T, Peng B, Pintar J. The MOR-1 opioid receptor regulates glucose homeostasis by modulating insulin secretion. Mol Endocrinol. 2009;23:671-8 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that MOR-1 regulates body weight by a mechanism that involves insulin secretion and thus may represent a novel target for new diabetes therapies. ..
- Martel G, Hevi C, Friebely O, Baybutt T, Shumyatsky G. Zinc transporter 3 is involved in learned fear and extinction, but not in innate fear. Learn Mem. 2010;17:582-90 pubmed publisher..By contrast, ZnT3 KO mice had normal anxiety. Thus, ZnT3 is involved in associative fear memory and extinction, but not in innate fear, consistent with the role of synaptic zinc in amygdala synaptic plasticity. ..
- Connor A, Laskin J, Laskin D. Ozone-induced lung injury and sterile inflammation. Role of toll-like receptor 4. Exp Mol Pathol. 2012;92:229-35 pubmed publisher..The observation that these responses to ozone were not evident in TLR4 mutant C3H/HeJ mice demonstrates that functional TLR4 contributes to ozone-induced sterile inflammation and macrophage activation. ..
- Milwid J, Elman J, Li M, Shen K, Manrai A, Gabow A, et al. Enriched protein screening of human bone marrow mesenchymal stromal cell secretions reveals MFAP5 and PENK as novel IL-10 modulators. Mol Ther. 2014;22:999-1007 pubmed publisher..Greater than 85% of secreted factors were recaptured that were otherwise undetected by proteomic methods, and remarkable hit rates of 18% in vitro and 9% in vivo were achieved. ..
- Berezniuk I, Rodriguiz R, Zee M, Marcus D, Pintar J, Morgan D, et al. ProSAAS-derived peptides are regulated by cocaine and are required for sensitization to the locomotor effects of cocaine. J Neurochem. 2017;143:268-281 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that proSAAS-derived peptides contribute differentially to the behavioral sensitization to psychostimulants, while the rewarding effects of cocaine appear intact in mice lacking proSAAS. ..
- Pillutla R, Shimamoto A, Furuichi Y, Shatkin A. Genomic structure and chromosomal localization of TCEAL1, a human gene encoding the nuclear phosphoprotein p21/SIIR. Genomics. 1999;56:217-20 pubmed..Expression was lowest in hematopoietic cells of both normal and tumor origin. TCEAL1 was mapped to human chromosome Xq22.1 by fluorescence in situ hybridization. ..
- Huang M, Badmaev V, Ding Y, Liu Y, Xie J, Ho C. Anti-tumor and anti-carcinogenic activities of triterpenoid, beta-boswellic acid. Biofactors. 2000;13:225-30 pubmed..6 to 7.1 microM. These results indicate that beta-boswellic acid and its derivatives (the major constituents of Boswellin) have anti-carcinogenic, anti-tumor, and anti-hyperlipidemic activities. ..
- Lin C, Lu Y, Lou Y, Ho C, Newmark H, MacDonald C, et al. Inhibition by dietary dibenzoylmethane of mammary gland proliferation, formation of DMBA-DNA adducts in mammary glands, and mammary tumorigenesis in Sencar mice. Cancer Lett. 2001;168:125-32 pubmed..These results may explain the strong inhibitory actions of dietary DBM on mammary carcinogenesis in mice...
- Afonso S, Tovar C, Romagnano L, Babiarz B. Control and expression of cystatin C by mouse decidual cultures. Mol Reprod Dev. 2002;61:155-63 pubmed..This work shows that decidualizing cultures are a good system to study cystatin C expression and that the expression is controlled in part by TGF-beta(1) and EGF signaling. ..
- Kawashima N, Fugate J, Kusnecov A. Immunological challenge modulates brain orphanin FQ/nociceptin and nociceptive behavior. Brain Res. 2002;949:71-8 pubmed..Since SEA induces various cytokines, including TNF-alpha, these results are consistent with a growing literature documenting the effects of cytokines on nociceptive functions, and a possible involvement of the OFQ/nociceptin system. ..
- Li S, Misra K, Matise M, Xiang M. Foxn4 acts synergistically with Mash1 to specify subtype identity of V2 interneurons in the spinal cord. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:10688-93 pubmed..However, coexpression of both Foxn4 and Mash1 promotes the V2b fate while inhibiting the V2a fate, indicating that Foxn4 cooperates with Mash1 to specify the identity of V2b neurons from bipotential p2 progenitors. ..
- Balakrishnan A, Wang L, Li X, Ohman Strickland P, Malatesta P, Fan H. Inhibition of chlamydial infection in the genital tract of female mice by topical application of a peptide deformylase inhibitor. Microbiol Res. 2009;164:338-46 pubmed..On the basis of these data and our previous observations, we conclude that further evaluation of PDF inhibitors for prevention and treatment of sexually transmitted chlamydial infection is warranted. ..
- Qiu F, Jiang H, Xiang M. A comprehensive negative regulatory program controlled by Brn3b to ensure ganglion cell specification from multipotential retinal precursors. J Neurosci. 2008;28:3392-403 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that Brn3b specifies the RGC fate from multipotential precursors not only by promoting RGC differentiation but also by suppressing non-RGC differentiation programs as a safeguard mechanism. ..
- Wallenstein E, Barminko J, Schloss R, Yarmush M. Transient gene delivery for functional enrichment of differentiating embryonic stem cells. Biotechnol Bioeng. 2008;101:859-72 pubmed publisher..And engineering cellular systems without making permanent gene changes will be critical for the generation of clinically acceptable cellular material in the future. ..
- Wang K, Shi Y, Ron Y, Kazanecki C, Denhardt D. Plasma osteopontin modulates chronic restraint stress-induced thymus atrophy by regulating stress hormones: inhibition by an anti-osteopontin monoclonal antibody. J Immunol. 2009;182:2485-91 pubmed publisher..These studies reveal that circulating OPN plays a significant role in the regulation of the hypothalamus-pituitary-adrenal axis hormones and that it augments CRS-induced organ atrophy. ..
- Kavukcuoglu N, Patterson Buckendahl P, Mann A. Effect of osteocalcin deficiency on the nanomechanics and chemistry of mouse bones. J Mech Behav Biomed Mater. 2009;2:348-54 pubmed publisher..The addition of these defects to the apatite's crystal lattice has little effect on elasticity, but does appear to reduce the bone's hardness. ..
- Jiao X, Chen H, Chen J, Herrup K, Firestein B, Kiledjian M. Modulation of neuritogenesis by a protein implicated in X-linked mental retardation. J Neurosci. 2009;29:12419-27 pubmed publisher..It is plausible that defects of these functions in the absence of the VCX genes could contribute to a mental retardation phenotype. ..
- Vondran M, Singh H, Honeywell J, Dreyfus C. Levels of BDNF impact oligodendrocyte lineage cells following a cuprizone lesion. J Neurosci. 2011;31:14182-90 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that BDNF may play a role following a demyelinating lesion by regulating the numbers of progenitors and the abilities of demyelinating and differentiating cells to express myelin proteins. ..
- Goel S, Krishnamurthy S, Hampsey M. Mechanism of start site selection by RNA polymerase II: interplay between TFIIB and Ssl2/XPB helicase subunit of TFIIH. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:557-67 pubmed publisher..These results define a novel, functional interaction between TFIIB and Ssl2 that affects start site selection and gene looping. ..
- Son A, Park J, Zhou R. The role of Eph receptors in lens function and disease. Sci China Life Sci. 2012;55:434-43 pubmed publisher..In recent years the Eph family of receptor tyrosine kinases has been identified as a key regulator in lens clarity. In this review we discuss the roles of the Eph receptors in lens biology and cataract development. ..
- Yan Y, Zhou X, Pan Z, Ma J, Waschek J, Dicicco Bloom E. Pro- and anti-mitogenic actions of pituitary adenylate cyclase-activating polypeptide in developing cerebral cortex: potential mediation by developmental switch of PAC1 receptor mRNA isoforms. J Neurosci. 2013;33:3865-78 pubmed publisher..5. These observations suggest that PACAP elicits temporally specific effects on cortical proliferation via developmentally regulated expression of specific receptor isoforms. ..
- Kim T, Wu K, Xu J, Black I. Detection of dystrophin in the postsynaptic density of rat brain and deficiency in a mouse model of Duchenne muscular dystrophy. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1992;89:11642-4 pubmed
- Wydner K, Sechler J, Boyd C, Passmore H. Use of an intron polymorphism to localize the tropoelastin gene to mouse chromosome 5 in a region of linkage conservation with human chromosome 7. Genomics. 1994;23:125-31 pubmed..The linkage and genetic distances between Eln and the closest molecular markers used in this study are centromere-D5Mit95, D5Mit96-6.7 cM-Gus, Eln-4.0 cM-Zp3-telomere. ..
- Dambach D, Watson L, Gray K, Durham S, Laskin D. Role of CCR2 in macrophage migration into the liver during acetaminophen-induced hepatotoxicity in the mouse. Hepatology. 2002;35:1093-103 pubmed..In conclusion, these data indicate that MCP-1 and CCR2 contribute to the recruitment of a subset of activated macrophages into the liver during acetaminophen-induced hepatotoxicity that may be important in resolution of tissue injury. ..
- Villanueva R, Jonsson C, Jones J, Georgiadis M, Roth M. Differential multimerization of Moloney murine leukemia virus integrase purified under nondenaturing conditions. Virology. 2003;316:146-60 pubmed..This specific target-site selection was not observed with a shorter 20-mer U5 substrate. These studies provide the foundation for biophysical and structural analysis on M-MuLV IN and the mechanism of retroviral integration. ..
- Yurchenco P, Cheng Y, Campbell K, Li S. Loss of basement membrane, receptor and cytoskeletal lattices in a laminin-deficient muscular dystrophy. J Cell Sci. 2004;117:735-42 pubmed
- Halladay A, Tessarollo L, Zhou R, Wagner G. Neurochemical and behavioral deficits consequent to expression of a dominant negative EphA5 receptor. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 2004;123:104-11 pubmed..Collectively, these data suggest that animals expressing a truncated EphA5 receptor show deficits related to striatal functioning. ..
- Qing G, Qu Z, Xiao G. Regulation of NF-kappa B2 p100 processing by its cis-acting domain. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:18-27 pubmed..Taken together, these studies highlight the mechanism by which the different sequences within p100 work in concert to regulate its processing and shed light on the mechanisms of how p100 processing is tightly and delicately controlled. ..
- Kaneta T, Kusnecov A. The role of central corticotropin-releasing hormone in the anorexic and endocrine effects of the bacterial T cell superantigen, Staphylococcal enterotoxin A. Brain Behav Immun. 2005;19:138-46 pubmed..More importantly, it appears that central activation of CRH receptors is a consequence of SEA challenge, and this likely contributes to its anorexic effects. ..
- Zhu L, Thomas P, Lu G, Reuhl K, Yang G, Wang L, et al. CYP2A13 in human respiratory tissues and lung cancers: an immunohistochemical study with a new peptide-specific antibody. Drug Metab Dispos. 2006;34:1672-6 pubmed
- Xu G, Zhang L, Ren G, Yuan Z, Zhang Y, Zhao R, et al. Immunosuppressive properties of cloned bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells. Cell Res. 2007;17:240-8 pubmed
- Yang J, Oza J, Bridges K, Chen K, Liu A. Neural differentiation and the attenuated heat shock response. Brain Res. 2008;1203:39-50 pubmed publisher..Together, our results show that neural differentiation is associated with a decreased induction of the heat shock response and an increased vulnerability to stress induced pathologies and death. ..
- Lin W, Wu R, Wu T, Khor T, Wang H, Kong A. Sulforaphane suppressed LPS-induced inflammation in mouse peritoneal macrophages through Nrf2 dependent pathway. Biochem Pharmacol. 2008;76:967-73 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, the anti-inflammatory effect was attenuated in Nrf2 (-/-) primary peritoneal macrophages. We concluded that SFN exerts its anti-inflammatory activity mainly via activation of Nrf2 in mouse peritoneal macrophages. ..
- Zhang J, Li H, Herrup K. Cdk5 nuclear localization is p27-dependent in nerve cells: implications for cell cycle suppression and caspase-3 activation. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:14052-61 pubmed publisher..These data suggest a model in which Cdk5 exerts a double protective function in neurons: chronically suppressing the cell cycle when located in the nucleus and transiently delaying cell death in the cytoplasm. ..
- Cotella D, Hernández Enríquez B, Duan Z, Wu X, Gazula V, Brown M, et al. An evolutionarily conserved mode of modulation of Shaw-like K? channels. FASEB J. 2013;27:1381-93 pubmed publisher..1b were colocalized in subsets of neurons, including in the brain stem and the ventricular zone. Taken together, this body of evidence suggests that acid phosphatases are general regulatory partners of Shaw-like K(+) channels. ..
- Lin M, Cheng X, Tammineni P, Xie Y, Zhou B, Cai Q, et al. Releasing Syntaphilin Removes Stressed Mitochondria from Axons Independent of Mitophagy under Pathophysiological Conditions. Neuron. 2017;94:595-610.e6 pubmed publisher..Our study provides new mechanistic insights into the maintenance of axonal mitochondrial quality through SNPH-mediated coordination of mitochondrial stress and motility before activation of Parkin-mediated mitophagy. VIDEO ABSTRACT. ..
- Kumar C, Muthukumaran G, Frost L, Noe M, Ahn Y, Mariano T, et al. Molecular characterization of the murine interferon gamma receptor cDNA. J Biol Chem. 1989;264:17939-46 pubmed
- Yurchenco P, Sung U, Ward M, Yamada Y, O Rear J. Recombinant laminin G domain mediates myoblast adhesion and heparin binding. J Biol Chem. 1993;268:8356-65 pubmed..Finally rG did not inhibit laminin polymerization. These data support the role of G domain in cell and heparin binding, but not laminin self-assembly, and the approach provides a means to further characterize these functions. ..
- Babiarz B, Romagnano L, Afonso S, Kurila G. Localization and expression of fibronectin during mouse decidualization in vitro: mechanisms of cell:matrix interactions. Dev Dyn. 1996;206:330-42 pubmed..This work shows that during decidual matrix remodeling, constitutive levels of FN are maintained to provide an extracellular framework to stabilize the decidual cytoskeleton and support morphological differentiation of decidual cells. ..
- Shin D, Pan Z, Bandyopadhyay A, Bhat M, Kim D, Ma J. Ca(2+)-dependent interaction between FKBP12 and calcineurin regulates activity of the Ca(2+) release channel in skeletal muscle. Biophys J. 2002;83:2539-49 pubmed
- Nitsche J, Schuller A, King M, Zengh M, Pasternak G, Pintar J. Genetic dissociation of opiate tolerance and physical dependence in delta-opioid receptor-1 and preproenkephalin knock-out mice. J Neurosci. 2002;22:10906-13 pubmed
- Michna L, Lu Y, Lou Y, Wagner G, Conney A. Stimulatory effect of oral administration of green tea and caffeine on locomotor activity in SKH-1 mice. Life Sci. 2003;73:1383-92 pubmed
- Long J, Matsuura I, He D, Wang G, Shuai K, Liu F. Repression of Smad transcriptional activity by PIASy, an inhibitor of activated STAT. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003;100:9791-6 pubmed..Taken together, our studies indicate that PIASy can inhibit TGF-beta/Smad transcriptional responses through interactions with Smad proteins and HDAC. ..
- Matsuura I, Denissova N, Wang G, He D, Long J, Liu F. Cyclin-dependent kinases regulate the antiproliferative function of Smads. Nature. 2004;430:226-31 pubmed..Because cancer cells often contain high levels of CDK activity, diminishing Smad3 activity by CDK phosphorylation may contribute to tumorigenesis and TGF-beta resistance in cancers. ..
- Michna L, Wagner G, Lou Y, Xie J, Peng Q, Lin Y, et al. Inhibitory effects of voluntary running wheel exercise on UVB-induced skin carcinogenesis in SKH-1 mice. Carcinogenesis. 2006;27:2108-15 pubmed..The effects described here indicate that voluntary running wheel exercise inhibits UVB-induced skin tumorigenesis and may also inhibit tumor growth. ..
- Fu X, Wan S, Lyu Y, Liu L, Qi H. Etoposide induces ATM-dependent mitochondrial biogenesis through AMPK activation. PLoS ONE. 2008;3:e2009 pubmed publisher..We propose that ATM-dependent mitochondrial biogenesis may play a role in DNA damage response and ROS regulation, and that defect in ATM-dependent mitochondrial biogenesis could contribute to the manifestations of A-T disease. ..
- Kim J, Shen S, Dietz K, He Y, Howell O, Reynolds R, et al. HDAC1 nuclear export induced by pathological conditions is essential for the onset of axonal damage. Nat Neurosci. 2010;13:180-9 pubmed publisher..Together these data identify nuclear export of HDAC1 as a critical event for impaired mitochondrial transport in damaged neurons. ..
- Duffield D, Cai L, Kim S. Simultaneous determination of multiple mRNA levels utilizing MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry and biotinylated dideoxynucleotides. RNA. 2010;16:1285-91 pubmed publisher..Thus the approach enhances the parallel analysis of multiple gene transcripts by MS. Utilizing the method we have simultaneously measured mRNA levels of four genes (Rho, Nrl, Hprt, and Lhx2) in mouse retinal tissue. ..
- Anumolu S, Menjoge A, Deshmukh M, Gerecke D, Stein S, LASKIN J, et al. Doxycycline hydrogels with reversible disulfide crosslinks for dermal wound healing of mustard injuries. Biomaterials. 2011;32:1204-17 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, PEG-based doxycycline hydrogels are promising for dermal wound healing application of mustard injuries. ..
- Su L, Liu W, Chen H, González Pagán O, Habas R, Runnels L. TRPM7 regulates polarized cell movements. Biochem J. 2011;434:513-21 pubmed publisher..The results of the present study uncover an essential role for Mg²+ in the control of TRPM7 over the cytoskeleton and its ability to regulate polarized cell movements. ..
- Smolarek A, So J, Burgess B, Kong A, Reuhl K, Lin Y, et al. Dietary administration of ?- and ?-tocopherol inhibits tumorigenesis in the animal model of estrogen receptor-positive, but not HER-2 breast cancer. Cancer Prev Res (Phila). 2012;5:1310-20 pubmed publisher..Both ?- and ?-tocopherols, but not ?-tocopherol, seem to be promising agents for the prevention of hormone-dependent breast cancer. ..
- Zhu L, Cheng X, Ding Y, Shi J, Jin H, Wang H, et al. Bone marrow-derived myofibroblasts promote colon tumorigenesis through the IL-6/JAK2/STAT3 pathway. Cancer Lett. 2014;343:80-9 pubmed publisher..When co-injected, BMFs significantly enhanced tumorigenesis of colon cancer cells in mice. Our results demonstrate that BMFs promote tumorigenesis via the activation of the IL-6/JAK2/STAT3 pathway. ..
- Kass M, Rosenthal M, Pottackal J, McGann J. Fear learning enhances neural responses to threat-predictive sensory stimuli. Science. 2013;342:1389-1392 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that affective information about a stimulus can be encoded in its very earliest representation in the nervous system. ..
- Laskin D, Chen L, Hankey P, Laskin J. Role of STK in mouse liver macrophage and endothelial cell responsiveness during acute endotoxemia. J Leukoc Biol. 2010;88:373-82 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that MSP/STK signaling plays a role in up-regulating macrophage and endothelial cell anti-inflammatory activity during hepatic inflammatory responses. This may be important in protecting the liver from tissue injury. ..
- Wolff D, Lubeskie A. Inactivation of nitric oxide synthase isoforms by diaminoguanidine and NG-amino-L-arginine. Arch Biochem Biophys. 1996;325:227-34 pubmed..Methylguanidine and 1,1-dimethylguanidine exhibited a reversible inhibition pattern in contrast to all three NOS isoforms. Neither agent exhibited significant isoform selectivity. ..
- Zhou X, Benson K, Przybysz K, Liu J, Hou Y, Cherath L, et al. Genomic structure and expression of the murine Hmgi-c gene. Nucleic Acids Res. 1996;24:4071-7 pubmed..Since the human homolog is disrupted in a number of tumors, HMGI-C could play an important role in cell proliferation and differentiation during mammalian development. ..
- Tregoning J, Nixon P, Kuroda H, Svab Z, Clare S, Bowe F, et al. Expression of tetanus toxin Fragment C in tobacco chloroplasts. Nucleic Acids Res. 2003;31:1174-9 pubmed..Thus, expression of TetC in chloroplasts provides a potential route towards the development of a safe, plant-based tetanus vaccine for nasal and oral applications. ..
- Pan M, Kalie E, Scaglione B, Raveche E, Schreiber G, Langer J. Mutation of the IFNAR-1 receptor binding site of human IFN-alpha2 generates type I IFN competitive antagonists. Biochemistry. 2008;47:12018-27 pubmed publisher..e., they are type I IFN antagonists. These prototype IFN antagonists can be developed further for possible therapeutic use in systemic lupus erythematosus, and analogous molecules can be designed for use in animal models. ..
- Yacovino L, Aleksunes L. Renal efflux transporter expression in pregnant mice with Type I diabetes. Toxicol Lett. 2012;211:304-11 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that renal drug efflux transporters and regulatory signaling pathways are altered by endocrine and metabolic changes that occur during pregnancy and Type I diabetes. ..
- Duncan M, Bordas L, Dicicco Bloom E, Chada K. Expression of the helix-loop-helix genes Id-1 and NSCL-1 during cerebellar development. Dev Dyn. 1997;208:107-14 pubmed..These results support the idea that transcriptional regulators of the helix-loop-helix gene family play important roles in neuronal development, exhibiting region-specific expression and function. ..
- Wood T, Rogler L, Czick M, Schuller A, Pintar J. Selective alterations in organ sizes in mice with a targeted disruption of the insulin-like growth factor binding protein-2 gene. Mol Endocrinol. 2000;14:1472-82 pubmed..These results demonstrate that up-regulation of multiple IGFBPs accompanies the absence of IGFBP-2 and that IGFBP-2 has a critical role, either directly or indirectly, in modulating spleen and liver size. ..
- Benson K, Chada K. Molecular characterization of the mouse In(10)17Rk inversion and identification of a novel muscle-specific gene at the proximal breakpoint. Genetics. 2002;160:279-87 pubmed..Northern blot analysis of individual tissues of wild-type mice determined that the gene at the In(10)17Rk proximal inversion breakpoint is a novel muscle-specific gene and its disruption does not lead to a readily observable phenotype. ..
- Laskin D, Fakhrzadeh L, Heck D, Gerecke D, Laskin J. Upregulation of phosphoinositide 3-kinase and protein kinase B in alveolar macrophages following ozone inhalation. Role of NF-kappaB and STAT-1 in ozone-induced nitric oxide production and toxicity. Mol Cell Biochem. 2002;234-235:91-8 pubmed..Taken together, these data suggest that biochemical signaling pathways that control the expression of genes critical for the inflammatory process play a role in ozone toxicity. ..
- Gardner C, Laskin J, Dambach D, Sacco M, Durham S, Bruno M, et al. Reduced hepatotoxicity of acetaminophen in mice lacking inducible nitric oxide synthase: potential role of tumor necrosis factor-alpha and interleukin-10. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2002;184:27-36 pubmed..Moreover, some of its effects may be mediated by altering production of pro- and antiinflammatory cytokines and proteins important in tissue repair. ..
- Capasso H, Palermo C, Wan S, Rao H, John U, O Connell M, et al. Phosphorylation activates Chk1 and is required for checkpoint-mediated cell cycle arrest. J Cell Sci. 2002;115:4555-64 pubmed..These data are similar to observations made in mammalian cells and Xenopus oocyte extracts, suggesting that mechanisms leading to Chk1 activation have been conserved in evolution. ..
- Quandt J, Baig M, Yao K, Kawamura K, Huh J, Ludwin S, et al. Unique clinical and pathological features in HLA-DRB1*0401-restricted MBP 111-129-specific humanized TCR transgenic mice. J Exp Med. 2004;200:223-34 pubmed..This notion may help to explain the clinical and pathological heterogeneity of MS. ..
- Chen C, Ware S, Sato A, Houston Hawkins D, Habas R, Matzuk M, et al. The Vg1-related protein Gdf3 acts in a Nodal signaling pathway in the pre-gastrulation mouse embryo. Development. 2006;133:319-29 pubmed..Our findings indicate that Gdf3 acts in a Nodal-like signaling pathway in pre-gastrulation development, and provide evidence for the functional conservation of Vg1 activity in mice. ..
- Hu R, Khor T, Shen G, Jeong W, Hebbar V, Chen C, et al. Cancer chemoprevention of intestinal polyposis in ApcMin/+ mice by sulforaphane, a natural product derived from cruciferous vegetable. Carcinogenesis. 2006;27:2038-46 pubmed
- Bose M, Hao X, Ju J, Husain A, Park S, Lambert J, et al. Inhibition of tumorigenesis in ApcMin/+ mice by a combination of (-)-epigallocatechin-3-gallate and fish oil. J Agric Food Chem. 2007;55:7695-700 pubmed..The results indicate that a combination of low doses of EGCG and fish oil can inhibit tumor multiplicity in Apc (Min/+) mice. ..
- Qian M, Sleat D, Zheng H, Moore D, Lobel P. Proteomics analysis of serum from mutant mice reveals lysosomal proteins selectively transported by each of the two mannose 6-phosphate receptors. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2008;7:58-70 pubmed..This study provides a comparison of different quantitative mass spectrometric approaches and provides the first report of proteins whose cellular targeting appears to be MPR-selective under physiological conditions. ..
- Lambert J, Kwon S, Ju J, Bose M, Lee M, Hong J, et al. Effect of genistein on the bioavailability and intestinal cancer chemopreventive activity of (-)-epigallocatechin-3-gallate. Carcinogenesis. 2008;29:2019-24 pubmed publisher..These results further show the need for careful cancer prevention studies in animal models and for caution when interpreting data from in vitro studies. ..