Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on immunohistochemistry in Piscataway, New Jersey, United States
Locale: Piscataway, New Jersey, United States
- Li N, Sood S, Wang S, Fang M, Wang P, Sun Z, et al. Overexpression of 5-lipoxygenase and cyclooxygenase 2 in hamster and human oral cancer and chemopreventive effects of zileuton and celecoxib. Clin Cancer Res. 2005;11:2089-96 pubmed..Zileuton and celecoxib prevented oral carcinogenesis at the post-initiation stage through their inhibitory effects on arachidonic acid metabolism. ..
- Kort D, Chia G, Treff N, Tanaka A, Xing T, Vensand L, et al. Human embryos commonly form abnormal nuclei during development: a mechanism of DNA damage, embryonic aneuploidy, and developmental arrest. Hum Reprod. 2016;31:312-23 pubmed publisher..The study was supported by Columbia University and the New York Stem Cell Foundation. Authors declare no competing interest. ..
- Lu Y, Lou Y, Bernard J, Peng Q, Li T, Lin Y, et al. Surgical removal of the parametrial fat pads stimulates apoptosis and inhibits UVB-induced carcinogenesis in mice fed a high-fat diet. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:9065-70 pubmed publisher..This inhibition was associated with an increase in apoptosis and a decrease in proliferation in tumors and in precancerous areas away from tumors. ..
- Chen W, Xue H, Hsu Y, Liu Q, Patel S, Davis R. Complex distribution patterns of voltage-gated calcium channel ?-subunits in the spiral ganglion. Hear Res. 2011;278:52-68 pubmed publisher..These experiments have set the stage for defining the clear multiplicity of functional control in neurons and Schwann cells of the spiral ganglion. ..
- Chen X, Ding Y, Liu C, Mikhail S, Yang C. Overexpression of glucose-regulated protein 94 (Grp94) in esophageal adenocarcinomas of a rat surgical model and humans. Carcinogenesis. 2002;23:123-30 pubmed
- Pendino K, Meidhof T, Heck D, Laskin J, Laskin D. Inhibition of macrophages with gadolinium chloride abrogates ozone-induced pulmonary injury and inflammatory mediator production. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 1995;13:125-32 pubmed..Taken together, these data provide support for the hypothesis that macrophages contribute to the pathogenesis of O3-induced lung injury. ..
- Bae Y, Kim E, L hernault S, Barr M. The CIL-1 PI 5-phosphatase localizes TRP Polycystins to cilia and activates sperm in C. elegans. Curr Biol. 2009;19:1599-607 pubmed publisher..Our studies identify the CIL-1 5-phosphatase as a key regulator of PI metabolism in cell types that are important in several aspects of male reproductive biology. ..
- Li W, Kaczmarek L, Perney T. Localization of two high-threshold potassium channel subunits in the rat central auditory system. J Comp Neurol. 2001;437:196-218 pubmed..Thus, auditory neurons may vary the types and amount of K(+) channel expression in response to synaptic input to subtly tune their firing properties. ..
- Shumyatsky G, Malleret G, Shin R, Takizawa S, Tully K, Tsvetkov E, et al. stathmin, a gene enriched in the amygdala, controls both learned and innate fear. Cell. 2005;123:697-709 pubmed..We therefore conclude that stathmin is required for the induction of LTP in afferent inputs to the amygdala and is essential in regulating both innate and learned fear. ..
- Zhang J, Cicero S, Wang L, Romito Digiacomo R, Yang Y, Herrup K. Nuclear localization of Cdk5 is a key determinant in the postmitotic state of neurons. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:8772-7 pubmed publisher..We propose that the nuclear Cdk5 plays an active role in allowing neurons to remain postmitotic as they mature and that loss of nuclear Cdk5 leads to cell cycle entry. ..
- Cheng Y, Black I, Dicicco Bloom E. Hippocampal granule neuron production and population size are regulated by levels of bFGF. Eur J Neurosci. 2002;15:3-12 pubmed..P., Black, I.B. & DiCicco-Bloom, E. (1999) J. Neurosci., 19, 6006], these observations suggest distinct, stage-specific roles of bFGF in the dentate gyrus granule cell lineage. ..
- Boregowda R, Olabisi O, Abushahba W, Jeong B, Haenssen K, Chen W, et al. RUNX2 is overexpressed in melanoma cells and mediates their migration and invasion. Cancer Lett. 2014;348:61-70 pubmed publisher..Finally, the pro-hormone cholecalciferol reduced RUNX2 transcriptional activity and decreased migration of melanoma cells, further suggesting a role of RUNX2 in melanoma cell migration. ..
- Akum B, Chen M, Gunderson S, Riefler G, Scerri Hansen M, Firestein B. Cypin regulates dendrite patterning in hippocampal neurons by promoting microtubule assembly. Nat Neurosci. 2004;7:145-52 pubmed..Thus, our results demonstrate a new pathway by which dendrite patterning is regulated, and we also introduce a new method for decreasing endogenous protein expression in neurons. ..
- Fang M, Zhang X, Zarbl H. Methylselenocysteine resets the rhythmic expression of circadian and growth-regulatory genes disrupted by nitrosomethylurea in vivo. Cancer Prev Res (Phila). 2010;3:640-52 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that dietary methylselenocysteine counteracted the disruptive effect of NMU on circadian expression of genes essential to normal mammary cell growth and differentiation. ..
- Chen J, Joon Lee H, Jakovcevski I, Shah R, Bhagat N, Loers G, et al. The extracellular matrix glycoprotein tenascin-C is beneficial for spinal cord regeneration. Mol Ther. 2010;18:1769-77 pubmed publisher..The functional efficacy of the viral-mediated TNC indicates a potentially useful approach for treatment of spinal cord injury. ..
- Stakhiv T, Mesia Vela S, Kauffman F. Phase II antioxidant enzyme activities in brain of male and female ACI rats treated chronically with estradiol. Brain Res. 2006;1104:80-91 pubmed
- Martel G, Nishi A, Shumyatsky G. Stathmin reveals dissociable roles of the basolateral amygdala in parental and social behaviors. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:14620-5 pubmed publisher..The findings implicate stathmin as the critical molecular component linking the BLA-associated neural circuitry with innate parental behaviors and adult social interactions. ..
- Beiswanger C, Diegmann M, Novak R, Philbert M, Graessle T, Reuhl K, et al. Developmental changes in the cellular distribution of glutathione and glutathione S-transferases in the murine nervous system. Neurotoxicology. 1995;16:425-40 pubmed..The developmental changes in the cellular distribution of GSH and GSTs suggest that enzymatic conjugation and antioxidant activities may also be cell specific during brain development. ..
- Jin K, Xiang M. In vitro explant culture and related protocols for the study of mouse retinal development. Methods Mol Biol. 2012;884:155-65 pubmed publisher..Here, we provide detailed descriptions about how to prepare retroviruses, dissect retinal cups, perform in vitro explant culture, and collect explant samples...
- Xiang M, Gao W, Hasson T, Shin J. Requirement for Brn-3c in maturation and survival, but not in fate determination of inner ear hair cells. Development. 1998;125:3935-46 pubmed..These data indicate a crucial role for Brn-3c in maturation, survival and migration of hair cells, but not in proliferation or commitment of hair cell progenitors. ..
- Li S, Xiang M. Foxn4 influences alveologenesis during lung development. Dev Dyn. 2011;240:1512-7 pubmed publisher..These data together suggest that Foxn4 may have a non-cell-autonomous role critical for alveologenesis during lung development. ..
- Lu Y, Lou Y, Liao J, Xie J, Peng Q, Yang C, et al. Administration of green tea or caffeine enhances the disappearance of UVB-induced patches of mutant p53 positive epidermal cells in SKH-1 mice. Carcinogenesis. 2005;26:1465-72 pubmed..Our studies indicate that the chemopreventive effect of caffeine or green tea may occur by a proapoptotic effect preferentially in early precancerous lesions. ..
- Thiruchelvam M, Prokopenko O, Cory Slechta D, Richfield E, Buckley B, Mirochnitchenko O. Overexpression of superoxide dismutase or glutathione peroxidase protects against the paraquat + maneb-induced Parkinson disease phenotype. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:22530-9 pubmed
- Chen X, Li N, Wang S, Wu N, Hong J, Jiao X, et al. Leukotriene A4 hydrolase in rat and human esophageal adenocarcinomas and inhibitory effects of bestatin. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2003;95:1053-61 pubmed..1% (6 of 23 rats) (difference = 31.6%, 95% CI = 0.3% to 56.2%; P = .042). LTA4H overexpression appears to be an early event in esophageal adenocarcinogenesis and is a potential target for the chemoprevention of EAC. ..
- Bhardwaj R, Herrera Ruiz D, Eltoukhy N, Saad M, Knipp G. The functional evaluation of human peptide/histidine transporter 1 (hPHT1) in transiently transfected COS-7 cells. Eur J Pharm Sci. 2006;27:533-42 pubmed..This study presents the initial functional characterization, the protein expression of the hPHT1 transporter and provides insight into a potentially different route for increasing peptide and peptide-based drug transport. ..
- Tzortzaki E, Tischfield J, Sahota A, Siafakas N, Gordon M, Gerecke D. Expression of FACIT collagens XII and XIV during bleomycin-induced pulmonary fibrosis in mice. Anat Rec A Discov Mol Cell Evol Biol. 2003;275:1073-80 pubmed..These data support the hypothesis that fibrosis is a multistep process that involves both collagen accumulation and changes in the molecules that modulate the biomechanical properties of fibrils. ..
- Sweet E, Previtera M, Fernandez J, Charych E, Tseng C, Kwon M, et al. PSD-95 alters microtubule dynamics via an association with EB3. J Neurosci. 2011;31:1038-47 pubmed publisher..The interaction between PSD-95 and EB3 elucidates a function for a novel region of EB3 and provides a new and important mechanism for the regulation of microtubules in determining dendritic morphology. ..
- Shim J, Umemura T, Nothstein E, Rongo C. The unfolded protein response regulates glutamate receptor export from the endoplasmic reticulum. Mol Biol Cell. 2004;15:4818-28 pubmed..Expression of XBP-1, a component of the UPR pathway, is elevated in neurons during development. Our results suggest that UPR signaling is a critical step in neural function that is needed for glutamate receptor assembly and secretion. ..
- Lee K, Chen W, Junn E, Im J, Grosso H, Sonsalla P, et al. Enhanced phosphatase activity attenuates ?-synucleinopathy in a mouse model. J Neurosci. 2011;31:6963-71 pubmed publisher..These findings support the notion that serine 129 phosphorylation of ?-Syn is of pathogenetic significance and that promoting PP2A activity is a viable disease-modifying therapeutic strategy for ?-synucleinopathies such as PD. ..
- Carrel D, Du Y, Komlos D, Hadzimichalis N, Kwon M, Wang B, et al. NOS1AP regulates dendrite patterning of hippocampal neurons through a carboxypeptidase E-mediated pathway. J Neurosci. 2009;29:8248-58 pubmed publisher..Together, our results suggest that NOS1AP-L plays an important role in the initiation, outgrowth, and maintenance of dendrites during development. ..
- Afonso S, Tovar C, Romagnano L, Babiarz B. Control and expression of cystatin C by mouse decidual cultures. Mol Reprod Dev. 2002;61:155-63 pubmed..This work shows that decidualizing cultures are a good system to study cystatin C expression and that the expression is controlled in part by TGF-beta(1) and EGF signaling. ..
- Litkouhi B, Litkouhi B, Fleming E, Welch W, Berkowitz R, Birrer M, et al. Overexpression of CEACAM6 in borderline and invasive mucinous ovarian neoplasms. Gynecol Oncol. 2008;109:234-9 pubmed publisher..36) nor staining intensity (p=0.51) was different between borderline and invasive MON's. None of the serous or benign mucinous tumors exhibited CEACAM6 staining. CEACAM6 is overexpressed in borderline and invasive MON's. ..
- McKinnon R, Piras G, Ida J, Dubois Dalcq M. A role for TGF-beta in oligodendrocyte differentiation. J Cell Biol. 1993;121:1397-407 pubmed..Moreover, our results suggest that TGF-beta may be an important mediator of oligodendrocyte differentiation. ..
- Misra K, Mishra K, Gui H, Matise M. Prox1 regulates a transitory state for interneuron neurogenesis in the spinal cord. Dev Dyn. 2008;237:393-402 pubmed publisher..Our studies demonstrate an important, spinal interneuron-specific role for Prox1 in controlling steps required for both cell-cycle withdrawal and differentiation. ..
- Washburn C, Cooper M, Zhou R. Expression of the tyrosine kinase receptor EphA5 and its ligand ephrin-A5 during mouse spinal cord development. Neurosci Bull. 2007;23:249-55 pubmed..These results show that EphA5 and ephrin-A5 are expressed over broad developmental stages and may play important roles in establishing the dorsoventral organization of the spinal cord. ..
- Bash J, Zong W, Banga S, Rivera A, Ballard D, Ron Y, et al. Rel/NF-kappaB can trigger the Notch signaling pathway by inducing the expression of Jagged1, a ligand for Notch receptors. EMBO J. 1999;18:2803-11 pubmed..These findings also highlight the potential for an interplay between the Notch and NF-kappaB signaling pathways in the immune system. ..
- Marin Husstege M, He Y, Li J, Kondo T, Sablitzky F, Casaccia Bonnefil P. Multiple roles of Id4 in developmental myelination: predicted outcomes and unexpected findings. Glia. 2006;54:285-96 pubmed..These data support the role of Id4 as oligodendrocyte differentiation inhibitor with the ability to differentially regulate the expression and subcellular distribution of myelin gene products. ..
- Ivanova V, Garbuzenko O, Reuhl K, Reimer D, Pozharov V, Minko T. Inhalation treatment of pulmonary fibrosis by liposomal prostaglandin E2. Eur J Pharm Biopharm. 2013;84:335-44 pubmed publisher..The results of the present investigations make the liposomal form of PGE2 an attractive drug for the effective inhalation treatment of idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis. ..
- Lopez C, Hoyer J, Wilson P, Waterhouse P, Denhardt D. Heterogeneity of osteopontin expression among nephrons in mouse kidneys and enhanced expression in sclerotic glomeruli. Lab Invest. 1993;69:355-63 pubmed..As animals age expression is found in more proximal portions of the tubule. OPN may contribute to, or be a consequence of, glomerular sclerosis, and may be an indicator of subclinical injury or infection. ..
- Prasad K, Beach T, Hedreen J, Richfield E. Critical role of truncated ?-synuclein and aggregates in Parkinson's disease and incidental Lewy body disease. Brain Pathol. 2012;22:811-25 pubmed publisher..Findings differed between incidental Lewy body disease and PD only quantitatively. These findings have implications for understanding the pathogenesis and treatment of PD...
- Son A, Sheleg M, Cooper M, Sun Y, Kleiman N, Zhou R. Formation of persistent hyperplastic primary vitreous in ephrin-A5-/- mice. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2014;55:1594-606 pubmed publisher..Ephrin-A5 is a critical factor that regulates primary vitreous regression. ..
- Gollop N, March P. Localization of the membrane binding sites of Era in Escherichia coli. Res Microbiol. 1991;142:301-7 pubmed..In addition, Era occurs in patches that may correspond to areas that are potential sites of septation. ..
- Vondran M, Clinton Luke P, Honeywell J, Dreyfus C. BDNF+/- mice exhibit deficits in oligodendrocyte lineage cells of the basal forebrain. Glia. 2010;58:848-56 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that progenitor cells and myelin proteins may be affected in vivo by a decrease in BDNF. ..
- Minakhina S, Steward R. Hematopoietic stem cells in Drosophila. Development. 2010;137:27-31 pubmed publisher..Zfrp8/PDCD2 is likely to have similar functions in hematopoietic stem cell maintenance in vertebrates. ..
- Kim K, PHAM C, Sleat D, Lobel P. Dipeptidyl-peptidase I does not functionally compensate for the loss of tripeptidyl-peptidase I in the neurodegenerative disease late-infantile neuronal ceroid lipofuscinosis. Biochem J. 2008;415:225-32 pubmed publisher..These results together indicate that DPPI cannot functionally compensate for the loss of TPPI. Therapeutic approaches to increase neuronal expression of DPPI are therefore unlikely to be effective for treatment of LINCL. ..
- Royal D, Bianchi L, Royal M, Lizzio M, Mukherjee G, Nunez Y, et al. Temperature-sensitive mutant of the Caenorhabditis elegans neurotoxic MEC-4(d) DEG/ENaC channel identifies a site required for trafficking or surface maintenance. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:41976-86 pubmed..Moreover, this study reveals that neuronal swelling occurs prior to commitment to necrotic death and defines a powerful new tool for inducible necrosis initiation. ..
- Junn E, Taniguchi H, Jeong B, Zhao X, Ichijo H, Mouradian M. Interaction of DJ-1 with Daxx inhibits apoptosis signal-regulating kinase 1 activity and cell death. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:9691-6 pubmed..These findings suggest that the regulated sequestration of Daxx in the nucleus and keeping apoptosis signal-regulating kinase 1 activation in check is a critical mechanism by which DJ-1 exerts its cytoprotective function. ..
- Wang Q, Herrera Ruiz D, Mathis A, Cook T, Bhardwaj R, Knipp G. Expression of PPAR, RXR isoforms and fatty acid transporting proteins in the rat and human gastrointestinal tracts. J Pharm Sci. 2005;94:363-72 pubmed..These results provide a physiological foundation for rational drug design and drug delivery for the mitigation of metabolic syndrome and associated disorders to normalize intestinal FA absorption. ..
- Xiang M, Maklad A, Pirvola U, Fritzsch B. Brn3c null mutant mice show long-term, incomplete retention of some afferent inner ear innervation. BMC Neurosci. 2003;4:2 pubmed..The molecular nature of the long term survival of apical spiral neurons remains unclear. ..
- Dicicco Bloom E, Lelievre V, Zhou X, Rodriguez W, Tam J, Waschek J. Embryonic expression and multifunctional actions of the natriuretic peptides and receptors in the developing nervous system. Dev Biol. 2004;271:161-75 pubmed
- Bendall A, Hu G, Levi G, Abate Shen C. Dlx5 regulates chondrocyte differentiation at multiple stages. Int J Dev Biol. 2003;47:335-44 pubmed
- MATTESON P, Desai J, Korstanje R, Lazar G, Borsuk T, Rollins J, et al. The orphan G protein-coupled receptor, Gpr161, encodes the vacuolated lens locus and controls neurulation and lens development. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:2088-93 pubmed publisher..Two, our QTL analysis has established vl as a mouse model for studying the multigenic basis of NTDs and cataracts. Three, we have identified Foxe3 as a genetic modifier that interacts with Gpr161 to regulate lens development. ..
- Jang J, Sherizen D, Bhagat R, Manheim E, McKim K. Relationship of DNA double-strand breaks to synapsis in Drosophila. J Cell Sci. 2003;116:3069-77 pubmed..There may also be an interaction between the recruitment of repair proteins and phosphorylation. ..