Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Nutley, New Jersey, United States
Locale: Nutley, New Jersey, United States
Publications130 found, 100 shown here
- Ji C, Sastry K, Tiefenthaler G, Cano J, Tang T, Ho Z, et al. Targeted delivery of interferon-? to hepatitis B virus-infected cells using T-cell receptor-like antibodies. Hepatology. 2012;56:2027-38 pubmed publisher..This induction of an effective IFN? response selectively in HBV-infected cells might have a therapeutic advantage in comparison to the currently used native or pegylated IFN?. ..
- Harris P, Sridhar S, Peng R, Phillips J, Cohn R, Burns L, et al. Double-stranded RNA induces molecular and inflammatory signatures that are directly relevant to COPD. Mucosal Immunol. 2013;6:474-84 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data represent a new approach for validating the clinical relevance of preclinical animal models and demonstrate that a dual CXCR2/CCR5 antagonist may be an effective treatment for COPD patients. ..
- zur Hausen J, Burn P, Amrein K. Co-localization of Fyn with CD3 complex, CD45 or CD28 depends on different mechanisms. Eur J Immunol. 1997;27:2643-9 pubmed..CD28 co-localizes with Fyn molecules that contain the N terminus and a functional SH2 domain. These results suggest that Fyn association with the TCR-CD3 complex, CD45 and CD28 is mediated by different molecular mechanisms. ..
- Zhang X, Fettner S, Zwanziger E, Rowell L, Salgo M. Pharmacokinetic interaction study of ritonavir-boosted saquinavir in combination with rifabutin in healthy subjects. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2011;55:680-7 pubmed publisher..The AUC(0-96) of rifabutin was not affected, and C(max) increased by 68%. Monitoring of neutropenia and liver enzyme levels is recommended for patients receiving rifabutin with saquinavir-ritonavir BID. ..
- Guo L, Qian J, Abrams R, Tang H, Weiser T, Sanders M, et al. The electrophysiological effects of cardiac glycosides in human iPSC-derived cardiomyocytes and in guinea pig isolated hearts. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2011;27:453-62 pubmed publisher..hiPSC-CMs reflect similar cardiac pharmacology as seen in isolated cardiac preparations and thus are a suitable model in study of the pharmacology and toxicology of cardioactive ion channel and transporter modulators. ..
- Jin Z, Leveque V, Ma H, Johnson K, Klumpp K. Assembly, purification, and pre-steady-state kinetic analysis of active RNA-dependent RNA polymerase elongation complex. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:10674-83 pubmed publisher..This work establishes a novel way to generate a highly active elongation complex of the medically important NS5B polymerase for structural and functional studies. ..
- Sarabu R, Bizzarro F, Corbett W, Dvorozniak M, Geng W, Grippo J, et al. Discovery of piragliatin--first glucokinase activator studied in type 2 diabetic patients. J Med Chem. 2012;55:7021-36 pubmed publisher..Piragliatin was found to lower pre- and postprandial glucose levels, improve the insulin secretory profile, increase ?-cell sensitivity to glucose, and decrease hepatic glucose output in patients with T2D. ..
- Padilla F, Bhagirath N, Chen S, Chiao E, Goldstein D, Hermann J, et al. Pyrrolopyrazines as selective spleen tyrosine kinase inhibitors. J Med Chem. 2013;56:1677-92 pubmed publisher..Ultimately, our mouse model revealed unexpected toxicity that precluded us from further advancing this series. ..
- Rayner C, Bulik C, Kamal M, Reynolds D, Toovey S, Hammel J, et al. Pharmacokinetic-pharmacodynamic determinants of oseltamivir efficacy using data from phase 2 inoculation studies. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2013;57:3478-87 pubmed publisher..The clinical applicability of these observations requires further investigation. ..
- Valente L, Aubrey B, Herold M, Kelly G, Happo L, Scott C, et al. Therapeutic Response to Non-genotoxic Activation of p53 by Nutlin3a Is Driven by PUMA-Mediated Apoptosis in Lymphoma Cells. Cell Rep. 2016;14:1858-66 pubmed publisher..Importantly, in human cancer, PUMA expression may predict patient responses to treatment with MDM2 antagonists. ..
- Brennan B, Davies B, Cirrincione Dall G, Morcos P, Beryozkina A, Chappey C, et al. Safety, tolerability, and pharmacokinetics of intravenous oseltamivir: single- and multiple-dose phase I studies with healthy volunteers. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2012;56:4729-37 pubmed publisher..v. over 2 h twice daily for 5 days. These results support further exploration of i.v. oseltamivir as an influenza treatment option for patients unable to take oral medication. ..
- Ling P, Gately M, Gubler U, Stern A, Lin P, Hollfelder K, et al. Human IL-12 p40 homodimer binds to the IL-12 receptor but does not mediate biologic activity. J Immunol. 1995;154:116-27 pubmed..When p40 is associated with a p35 subunit, the heterodimer acts as an agonist mediating biologic activity. However, when p40 associates with another p40, the homodimer behaves as an antagonist in vitro. ..
- Daouti S, Wang H, Li W, Higgins B, Kolinsky K, Packman K, et al. Characterization of a novel mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase 1/2 inhibitor with a unique mechanism of action for cancer therapy. Cancer Res. 2009;69:1924-32 pubmed publisher..The unique MAPK signaling blockade mediated by RO4927350 in cancer may reduce the risk of developing drug resistance. Thus, RO4927350 represents a novel therapeutic modality in cancers with aberrant MAPK pathway activation. ..
- Kolinsky K, Tovar C, Zhang Y, Railkar A, Yang H, Carvajal D, et al. Preclinical evaluation of the novel multi-targeted agent R1530. Cancer Chemother Pharmacol. 2011;68:1585-94 pubmed publisher..These findings support the approach of targeting multiple pathways in the search for potential agents with improved anticancer properties. ..
- Martin M, Lieberman P, Curran T. Fos-Jun dimerization promotes interaction of the basic region with TFIIE-34 and TFIIF. Mol Cell Biol. 1996;16:2110-8 pubmed..These results suggest that dimerization induces a conformational alteration in the basic region of Fos and Jun that promotes an association with TFIIE-34 and TFIIF, thus contributing to transcription initiation. ..
- Ding Q, Zhang Z, Liu J, Jiang N, Zhang J, Ross T, et al. Discovery of RG7388, a potent and selective p53-MDM2 inhibitor in clinical development. J Med Chem. 2013;56:5979-83 pubmed publisher..RG7112 was the first small-molecule p53-MDM2 inhibitor in clinical development. Here, we report the discovery and characterization of a second generation clinical MDM2 inhibitor, RG7388, with superior potency and selectivity. ..
- Larigan J, Tsang T, Rumberger J, Burns D. Characterization of cDNA and genomic sequences encoding rabbit ELAM-1: conservation of structure and functional interactions with leukocytes. DNA Cell Biol. 1992;11:149-62 pubmed..Our results suggest that the specificity of molecular interaction between ELAM-1 and its ligand is highly conserved. ..
- Hsu J, Zhang J, Kitson C, Tan S, Narula S, Demartino J, et al. Development of a pharmacodynamic assay based on PLC?2 phosphorylation for quantifying spleen tyrosine kinase (SYK)-Bruton's tyrosine kinase (BTK) signaling. J Biomol Screen. 2013;18:890-8 pubmed publisher..This novel platelet PLC?2 phosphorylation-based immunoassay should serve as a promising PD assay for preclinical and clinical development of inhibitors targeting the SYK-BTK axis. ..
- Berkofsky Fessler W, Buzzai M, Kim M, Fruchtman S, Najfeld V, Min D, et al. Transcriptional profiling of polycythemia vera identifies gene expression patterns both dependent and independent from the action of JAK2V617F. Clin Cancer Res. 2010;16:4339-52 pubmed publisher..Genes deregulated in PV as a result of the action of JAK2V617F or independent of the kinase may represent other targets for therapy. ..
- Zou J, Schoenhaut D, Carvajal D, Warrier R, Presky D, Gately M, et al. Structure-function analysis of the p35 subunit of mouse interleukin 12. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:5864-71 pubmed
- Oo C, Barrett J, Dorr A, Liu B, Ward P. Lack of pharmacokinetic interaction between the oral anti-influenza prodrug oseltamivir and aspirin. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2002;46:1993-5 pubmed..The plasma and urine results demonstrated no pharmacokinetic interaction between oseltamivir and aspirin. ..
- Ramakrishnan S, Sharma H, Farris A, Kaufman K, Harley J, Collins K, et al. Characterization of human telomerase complex. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1997;94:10075-9 pubmed..Polyclonal antibodies to the doublet also immunoprecipitated the telomerase activity. These results suggest an evolutionary conservation of the telomerase proteins. ..
- Milletti F. Cell-penetrating peptides: classes, origin, and current landscape. Drug Discov Today. 2012;17:850-60 pubmed publisher..In this review I present a classification scheme for CPPs based on their physical-chemical properties and origin, and I provide a general framework for understanding and discovering new CPPs. ..
- Vassilev L, Vu B, Graves B, Carvajal D, Podlaski F, Filipovic Z, et al. In vivo activation of the p53 pathway by small-molecule antagonists of MDM2. Science. 2004;303:844-8 pubmed..These compounds bind MDM2 in the p53-binding pocket and activate the p53 pathway in cancer cells, leading to cell cycle arrest, apoptosis, and growth inhibition of human tumor xenografts in nude mice. ..
- Daouti S, Higgins B, Kolinsky K, Packman K, Wang H, Rizzo C, et al. Preclinical in vivo evaluation of efficacy, pharmacokinetics, and pharmacodynamics of a novel MEK1/2 kinase inhibitor RO5068760 in multiple tumor models. Mol Cancer Ther. 2010;9:134-44 pubmed publisher..This study may facilitate future clinical trial design in using biochemical markers for early proof of mechanism and in selecting the right patients and optimal dose regimen. ..
- Quiroz J, Machado Vieira R, Zarate C, Manji H. Novel insights into lithium's mechanism of action: neurotrophic and neuroprotective effects. Neuropsychobiology. 2010;62:50-60 pubmed publisher..We expect that a better understanding of the clinically relevant pathophysiological targets of lithium will lead to improved treatments for those who suffer from mood as well as neurodegenerative disorders. ..
- Wilkinson V, Warrier R, Truitt T, Nunes P, Gately M, Presky D. Characterization of anti-mouse IL-12 monoclonal antibodies and measurement of mouse IL-12 by ELISA. J Immunol Methods. 1996;189:15-24 pubmed..The levels of moIL-12 measured by the p75 ELISA and the bioassay were directly compared and found to correlate well. Therefore, the p75 ELISA represents an alternative to the bioassay for the measurement of moIL-12. ..
- McKune K, Woychik N. Functional substitution of an essential yeast RNA polymerase subunit by a highly conserved mammalian counterpart. Mol Cell Biol. 1994;14:4155-9 pubmed..The conservation in sequence from lower to higher eukaryotes also reflects conservation of function in vivo, since hamster RPB6 supports normal wild-type yeast cell growth in the absence of the essential gene encoding RPB6. ..
- Guertin K, Choi Y. The discovery of the Factor Xa inhibitor otamixaban: from lead identification to clinical development. Curr Med Chem. 2007;14:2471-81 pubmed..This review article chronicles the discovery and pre-clinical data surrounding the fXa inhibitor Otamixaban as well as the recent clinical findings in humans. ..
- Dutkowski R. Oseltamivir in seasonal influenza: cumulative experience in low- and high-risk patients. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2010;65 Suppl 2:ii11-ii24 pubmed publisher..Oseltamivir-susceptible pandemic (H1N1) 2009 viruses now predominate in many countries. Oseltamivir is generally well tolerated, with a similar adverse event profile to placebo. ..
- Tovar C, Higgins B, Deo D, Kolinsky K, Liu J, Heimbrook D, et al. Small-molecule inducer of cancer cell polyploidy promotes apoptosis or senescence: Implications for therapy. Cell Cycle. 2010;9:3364-75 pubmed publisher..BubR1 knockdown in the presence of nocodazole induced an R1530-like phenotype, suggesting that BubR1 plays a key role in polyploidy induction by R1530 and could be exploited as a target for designing more specific polyploidy inducers. ..
- Zhang X, Jordan P, Cristea L, Salgo M, Farha R, Kolis S, et al. Thorough QT/QTc study of ritonavir-boosted saquinavir following multiple-dose administration of therapeutic and supratherapeutic doses in healthy participants. J Clin Pharmacol. 2012;52:520-9 pubmed publisher..PubMed search and Roche postmarketing data did not reveal publications or reports directly presenting the effect of saquinavir on QT/QTc or causing torsade de pointes. ..
- Tovar C, Graves B, Packman K, Filipovic Z, Higgins B, Xia M, et al. MDM2 small-molecule antagonist RG7112 activates p53 signaling and regresses human tumors in preclinical cancer models. Cancer Res. 2013;73:2587-97 pubmed publisher..Notably, RG7112 was highly synergistic with androgen deprivation in LNCaP xenograft tumors. Our findings offer a preclinical proof-of-concept that RG7112 is effective in treatment of solid tumors expressing wild-type p53. ..
- Tang X, Peng R, Phillips J, Deguzman J, Ren Y, Apparsundaram S, et al. Assessment of Brd4 inhibition in idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis lung fibroblasts and in vivo models of lung fibrosis. Am J Pathol. 2013;183:470-9 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that Brd4 inhibitors may represent a novel therapy for the treatment of rapidly progressing IPF. ..
- Buiakova O, Krishna N, Getchell T, Margolis F. Human and rodent OMP genes: conservation of structural and regulatory motifs and cellular localization. Genomics. 1994;20:452-62 pubmed..Furthermore, we demonstrate the in situ localization of OMP mRNA in human olfactory neuro-epithelium and its colocalization to immunocytochemically identified human olfactory receptor neurons. ..
- McKune K, Moore P, Hull M, Woychik N. Six human RNA polymerase subunits functionally substitute for their yeast counterparts. Mol Cell Biol. 1995;15:6895-900 pubmed
- Le Pogam S, Yan J, Chhabra M, Ilnicka M, Kang H, Kosaka A, et al. Characterization of hepatitis C virus (HCV) quasispecies dynamics upon short-term dual therapy with the HCV NS5B nucleoside polymerase inhibitor mericitabine and the NS3/4 protease inhibitor danoprevir. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2012;56:5494-502 pubmed publisher..Over 2 weeks' therapy, mericitabine suppressed the selection of danoprevir resistance, results that could differ upon longer treatment periods. ..
- Chua A, Chizzonite R, Desai B, Truitt T, Nunes P, Minetti L, et al. Expression cloning of a human IL-12 receptor component. A new member of the cytokine receptor superfamily with strong homology to gp130. J Immunol. 1994;153:128-36 pubmed
- Chu W, Presky D, Swerlick R, Burns D. Human ribosomal protein S20 cDNA sequence. Nucleic Acids Res. 1993;21:1672 pubmed
- Presky D, Minetti L, Gillessen S, Wilkinson V, Wu C, Gubler U, et al. Analysis of the multiple interactions between IL-12 and the high affinity IL-12 receptor complex. J Immunol. 1998;160:2174-9 pubmed
- Schoenfeld R, Bourdet D, Brameld K, Chin E, de Vicente J, Fung A, et al. Discovery of a novel series of potent non-nucleoside inhibitors of hepatitis C virus NS5B. J Med Chem. 2013;56:8163-82 pubmed publisher..Issues of potency, pharmacokinetics, and early safety were addressed in order to provide a clinical candidate in fluoropyridone 19. ..
- Scallon B, Fung W, Tsang T, Li S, Kado Fong H, Huang K, et al. Primary structure and functional activity of a phosphatidylinositol-glycan-specific phospholipase D. Science. 1991;252:446-8 pubmed..Cotransfection of PI-G PLD with a PI-G-anchored protein resulted in the secretion of the PI-G-anchored protein. The results suggest that the expression of PI-G PLD may influence the expression and location of PI-G-anchored proteins. ..
- Supek F, Supekova L, Mandiyan S, Pan Y, Nelson H, Nelson N. A novel accessory subunit for vacuolar H(+)-ATPase from chromaffin granules. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:24102-6 pubmed..Upon inclusion of dog pancreas microsomes in the reaction mixture, a slow migrating band sensitive to peptide:N-glycosidase F was observed. ..
- Vassilev L, Tovar C, Chen S, Knezevic D, Zhao X, Sun H, et al. Selective small-molecule inhibitor reveals critical mitotic functions of human CDK1. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:10660-5 pubmed..Although CDK1 inhibition for up to 24 h is well tolerated, longer exposure to the inhibitor induces apoptosis in tumor cells, suggesting that selective CDK1 inhibitors may have utility in cancer therapy. ..
- Levi M, Grange S, Frey N. Exposure-response relationship of tocilizumab, an anti-IL-6 receptor monoclonal antibody, in a large population of patients with rheumatoid arthritis. J Clin Pharmacol. 2013;53:151-9 pubmed publisher..These data support clinical observations that tocilizumab 8 mg/kg is more effective than 4 mg/kg in reducing disease activity. ..
- Anderson K, Chen Y, Chen Z, Dominique R, Glenn K, He Y, et al. Pyrido[2,3-d]pyrimidines: discovery and preliminary SAR of a novel series of DYRK1B and DYRK1A inhibitors. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2013;23:6610-5 pubmed publisher..Cells treated with a tool compound from this series showed the same cellular effects as down regulation of DYRK1B with siRNA. Such effects are consistent with the proposed mechanism of action. Progress of the SAR study is presented. ..
- Blumentals W, Schulman K. Impact of oseltamivir on the incidence of secondary complications of influenza in adolescent and adult patients: results from a retrospective population-based study. Curr Med Res Opin. 2007;23:2961-70 pubmed..To assess the effectiveness of oseltamivir in reducing the risks of influenza-related secondary complications in otherwise healthy adolescent and adult patients aged > or = 13 years...
- Chu T, Kulkarni R, Gane E, Roberts S, Stedman C, Angus P, et al. Effect of IL28B genotype on early viral kinetics during interferon-free treatment of patients with chronic hepatitis C. Gastroenterology. 2012;142:790-5 pubmed publisher..IL28B genotype appears to affect early VKs in patients with chronic hepatitis C receiving interferon-free treatment. ..
- Su F, Viros A, Milagre C, Trunzer K, Bollag G, Spleiss O, et al. RAS mutations in cutaneous squamous-cell carcinomas in patients treated with BRAF inhibitors. N Engl J Med. 2012;366:207-15 pubmed publisher..Funded by Hoffmann-La Roche and others; ClinicalTrials.gov numbers, NCT00405587, NCT00949702, NCT01001299, and NCT01006980.). ..
- Peng R, Sridhar S, Tyagi G, Phillips J, Garrido R, Harris P, et al. Bleomycin induces molecular changes directly relevant to idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis: a model for "active" disease. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e59348 pubmed publisher..Together, these data highlight that a single bleomycin instillation effectively replicates several of the specific pathogenic molecular changes associated with IPF, and may be best used as a model for patients with active disease. ..
- Yan N, Mosckovitz R, Gerber L, Mathew S, Murty V, Tate S, et al. Characterization of the promoter region of the gene for the rat neutral and basic amino acid transporter and chromosomal localization of the human gene. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1994;91:7548-52 pubmed..Positive and negative regulatory elements in the promoter region were observed. A human genomic clone of the transporter was also obtained and was used to localize the NBAT gene at the p21 region of chromosome 2. ..
- Luistro L, He W, Smith M, Packman K, Vilenchik M, Carvajal D, et al. Preclinical profile of a potent gamma-secretase inhibitor targeting notch signaling with in vivo efficacy and pharmacodynamic properties. Cancer Res. 2009;69:7672-80 pubmed publisher..These preclinical results support evaluation of RO4929097 in clinical studies using an intermittent dosing schedule. A multicenter phase I dose escalation study in oncology is under way. ..
- Cockayne D, Cheng D, Waschki B, Sridhar S, Ravindran P, Hilton H, et al. Systemic biomarkers of neutrophilic inflammation, tissue injury and repair in COPD patients with differing levels of disease severity. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e38629 pubmed publisher..These data highlight systemic inflammatory pathways, neutrophil activation and epithelial tissue injury/repair processes as key pathways associated with COPD. ..
- Zhang X, Silkey M, Schumacher M, Wang L, Raval H, Caulfield J. Period correction of the QTc of moxifloxacin with multiple predose baseline ECGs is the least variable of 4 methods tested. J Clin Pharmacol. 2009;49:534-9 pubmed publisher..60 ms for day -1 time-matched baseline ECGs, and 1.65 ms for no baseline correction. Predose baseline methods (3 or 1 triplicate ECGs) are superior to the day -1 time-matched baseline correction or without baseline correction. ..
- Blumentals W, Harris S, Cole R, Huang L, Silverman S. Risk of severe gastrointestinal events in women treated with monthly ibandronate or weekly alendronate and risedronate. Ann Pharmacother. 2009;43:577-85 pubmed publisher..In addition, patients receiving a weekly BP were more likely to discontinue treatment after a severe GI event. ..
- Chua A, Wilkinson V, Presky D, Gubler U. Cloning and characterization of a mouse IL-12 receptor-beta component. J Immunol. 1995;155:4286-94 pubmed..Despite the higher affinity displayed by the moIL-12R beta in Ba/F3 cells, this receptor alone is not sufficient to transduce a signal, suggesting that another subunit is probably required to generate a functional moIL-12R complex. ..
- Cheung A, Danho W, Swistok J, Qi L, Kurylko G, Franco L, et al. Structure-activity relationship of linear peptide Bu-His-DPhe-Arg-Trp-Gly-NH(2) at the human melanocortin-1 and -4 receptors: arginine substitution. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2002;12:2407-10 pubmed..This study unequivocally shows that the positive charge of Arg(8) is not essential for efficient interactions of our pentapeptide with both hMC1R and hMC4R. ..
- Tang X, Peng R, Ren Y, Apparsundaram S, Deguzman J, Bauer C, et al. BET bromodomain proteins mediate downstream signaling events following growth factor stimulation in human lung fibroblasts and are involved in bleomycin-induced pulmonary fibrosis. Mol Pharmacol. 2013;83:283-93 pubmed publisher..This study is the first demonstration of a role for Brd2 and Brd4 proteins in mediating the responses of LFs after growth factor stimulation and in driving the induction of lung fibrosis in mice in response to bleomycin challenge. ..
- Rushlow C, Warrior R. The rel family of proteins. Bioessays. 1992;14:89-95 pubmed..Over the last two years it has become apparent that these proteins function as DNA-binding transcription factors, and that their activity is regulated at the level of subcellular localization. ..
- Nelbock P, Dillon P, Perkins A, Rosen C. A cDNA for a protein that interacts with the human immunodeficiency virus Tat transactivator. Science. 1990;248:1650-3 pubmed..The strategy described may be useful for direct identification and cloning of genes encoding proteins that associate with other proteins to modulate their activity in a positive or negative fashion. ..
- Nelson H, Mandiyan S, Nelson N. Cloning of the human brain GABA transporter. FEBS Lett. 1990;269:181-4 pubmed..The human protein is highly homologous to the protein from rat brain. Northern hybridization demonstrated a ubiquitous distribution of the transporter in various parts of the brain. ..
- Chu W, Burns D, Swerlick R, Presky D. Identification and characterization of a novel cytokine-inducible nuclear protein from human endothelial cells. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:10236-45 pubmed..C-193-FLAG prepared in vitro was capable of binding DNA cellulose. These results indicate that C-193 protein may play an important role in endothelial cell activation. ..
- Emerson S, Madison V, Palermo R, Waugh D, Scheffler J, Tsao K, et al. Solution structure of the Ras-binding domain of c-Raf-1 and identification of its Ras interaction surface. Biochemistry. 1995;34:6911-8 pubmed..The Ras-binding site is contained within a spatially contiguous patch comprised of the N-terminal beta-hairpin and the C-terminal end of the alpha-helix. ..
- Chu W, Presky D, Swerlick R, Burns D. The primary structure of human ribosomal protein L12. Nucleic Acids Res. 1993;21:749 pubmed
- Gubler U, Presky D. Molecular biology of interleukin-12 receptors. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 1996;795:36-40 pubmed..Coexpression of IL-12R beta 1 and IL-12R beta 2 leads to the formation of high-affinity IL-12-binding sites and reconstitution of IL-12-dependent signaling. ..
- Dong Z, Chatterji A, Sandhu H, Choi D, Chokshi H, Shah N. Evaluation of solid state properties of solid dispersions prepared by hot-melt extrusion and solvent co-precipitation. Int J Pharm. 2008;355:141-9 pubmed publisher..The two products have acceptable physical stability after storage in 40 degrees C/75% RH chamber for 3 months. However, the HME product is more stable than the CP product in aqueous suspension formulation. ..
- Xia M, Knezevic D, Tovar C, Huang B, Heimbrook D, Vassilev L. Elevated MDM2 boosts the apoptotic activity of p53-MDM2 binding inhibitors by facilitating MDMX degradation. Cell Cycle. 2008;7:1604-12 pubmed
- Dutkowski R, Smith J, Davies B. Safety and pharmacokinetics of oseltamivir at standard and high dosages. Int J Antimicrob Agents. 2010;35:461-7 pubmed publisher..Possible clinical benefit in severe influenza infections could be investigated at dosages higher than those currently recommended. ..
- Tare N, Li H, Morschauser A, Cote Sierra J, Ju G, Renzetti L, et al. KU812 cells provide a novel in vitro model of the human IL-33/ST2L axis: functional responses and identification of signaling pathways. Exp Cell Res. 2010;316:2527-37 pubmed publisher..KU812 represents the first human cell line-based in vitro model of the IL-33/ST2L axis and provides a valuable tool to aid in understanding the mechanism and significance of IL-33 and ST2L interaction and function. ..
- Lucas M, Goldstein D, Hermann J, Kuglstatter A, Liu W, Luk K, et al. Rational design of highly selective spleen tyrosine kinase inhibitors. J Med Chem. 2012;55:10414-23 pubmed publisher..We report the structure-guided identification of three series of selective spleen tyrosine kinase inhibitors that support our hypothesis and offer useful guidance to other researchers in the field. ..
- Shah N, Iyer R, Mair H, Choi D, Tian H, Diodone R, et al. Improved human bioavailability of vemurafenib, a practically insoluble drug, using an amorphous polymer-stabilized solid dispersion prepared by a solvent-controlled coprecipitation process. J Pharm Sci. 2013;102:967-81 pubmed publisher..Improving solubility with an amorphous-solid dispersion is a viable strategy for the development of practically insoluble compounds. ..
- Narayanan R, Klement J, Ruben S, Higgins K, Rosen C. Identification of a naturally occurring transforming variant of the p65 subunit of NF-kappa B. Science. 1992;256:367-70 pubmed..Thus, p65 delta, which associated weakly and interfered with DNA binding by p65, may sequester an essential limiting regulatory factor or factors required for NF-kappa B function. ..
- Gerber L, Kodukula K, Udenfriend S. Phosphatidylinositol glycan (PI-G) anchored membrane proteins. Amino acid requirements adjacent to the site of cleavage and PI-G attachment in the COOH-terminal signal peptide. J Biol Chem. 1992;267:12168-73 pubmed..Thus, just as there is a -1, -3 rule for predicting cleavage by NH2-terminal signal peptidase, there appears to be a comparable omega, omega + 2 rule for predicting cleavage/PI-G addition by COOH-terminal signal transamidase. ..
- Chizzonite R, Truitt T, Kilian P, Stern A, Nunes P, Parker K, et al. Two high-affinity interleukin 1 receptors represent separate gene products. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1989;86:8029-33 pubmed
- Chua A, Gubler U. Sequence of the cDNA for the human fibroblast type interleukin-1 receptor. Nucleic Acids Res. 1989;17:10114 pubmed
- Lehrman S, Lahm H, Miedel M, Hulmes J, Li C. Primary structure of equine pituitary prolactin. Int J Pept Protein Res. 1988;31:544-54 pubmed..Consistent with the previously determined circular dichroic spectrum of equine prolactin, 60% of the protein is predicted to form alpha helices. ..
- Ryan D, Thomas P, Levin W, Maines S, Bandiera S, Reik L. Monoclonal antibodies of differentiating specificities as probes of cytochrome P450h (2C11). Arch Biochem Biophys. 1993;301:282-93 pubmed
- Blatt C, DePamphilis M. Striking homology between mouse and human transcription enhancer factor-1 (TEF-1). Nucleic Acids Res. 1993;21:747-8 pubmed
- Moskovitz J, Jenkins N, Gilbert D, Copeland N, Jursky F, Weissbach H, et al. Chromosomal localization of the mammalian peptide-methionine sulfoxide reductase gene and its differential expression in various tissues. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1996;93:3205-8 pubmed..In addition, blood and alveolar macrophages showed high expression of the enzyme. The msrA gene was mapped to the central region of mouse chromosome 14, in a region of homology with human chromosomes 13 and 8p21. ..
- Lin T, Kourteva G, Hilton H, Li H, Tare N, Carvajal V, et al. The mRNA level of Charcot-Leyden crystal protein/galectin-10 is a marker for CRTH2 activation in human whole blood in vitro. Biomarkers. 2010;15:646-54 pubmed publisher..Thus, the DK-PGD?-induced CLC/Gal-10 mRNA level can serve as a potential marker for monitoring pharmacodynamic effects of blood exposure to CRTH2 modulating agents. ..
- Kunsch C, Ruben S, Rosen C. Selection of optimal kappa B/Rel DNA-binding motifs: interaction of both subunits of NF-kappa B with DNA is required for transcriptional activation. Mol Cell Biol. 1992;12:4412-21 pubmed
- Kim H, Wang T, Olafsson P, Lu B. Neurotrophin 3 potentiates neuronal activity and inhibits gamma-aminobutyratergic synaptic transmission in cortical neurons. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1994;91:12341-5 pubmed
- Kerppola T, Curran T. Maf and Nrl can bind to AP-1 sites and form heterodimers with Fos and Jun. Oncogene. 1994;9:675-84 pubmed..These results indicate that Maf and Nrl together with Fos and Jun family proteins form a bZIP protein superfamily whose members can form an array of heterodimers that have overlapping DNA binding specificities. ..
- Huang B, Vassilev L. Reduced transcriptional activity in the p53 pathway of senescent cells revealed by the MDM2 antagonist nutlin-3. Aging (Albany NY). 2009;1:845-54 pubmed
- Graves B, Thompson T, Xia M, Janson C, Lukacs C, Deo D, et al. Activation of the p53 pathway by small-molecule-induced MDM2 and MDMX dimerization. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:11788-93 pubmed publisher..Dual MDM2/MDMX antagonists restored p53 apoptotic activity in the presence of high levels of MDMX and may offer a more effective therapeutic modality for MDMX-overexpressing cancers. ..