Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in New Brunswick, New Jersey, United States
Locale: New Brunswick, New Jersey, United States
Publications199 found, 100 shown here
- Arent S, Pellegrino J, Williams C, Difabio D, Greenwood J. Nutritional supplementation, performance, and oxidative stress in college soccer players. J Strength Cond Res. 2010;24:1117-24 pubmed publisher..However, it appears that the most notable effects of supplementation were seen for reduced CK and oxidative stress, at least with short-term supplementation. ..
- McCormick J, Van Es T, Cooper K, White L, Häggblom M. Microbially mediated O-methylation of bisphenol A results in metabolites with increased toxicity to the developing zebrafish (Danio rerio) embryo. Environ Sci Technol. 2011;45:6567-74 pubmed publisher..These data illustrate a new mechanism for microbial transformation of BPA, producing metabolites warranting further study to understand their prevalence and effects in the environment. ..
- White E. Deconvoluting the context-dependent role for autophagy in cancer. Nat Rev Cancer. 2012;12:401-10 pubmed publisher..Therefore, defining the context-specific role for autophagy in cancer and the mechanisms involved will be important to guide autophagy-based therapeutic intervention. ..
- Vazquez A. Metabolic states following accumulation of intracellular aggregates: implications for neurodegenerative diseases. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e63822 pubmed publisher..Ultimately this maximum capacity becomes zero when the protein aggregates reach a concentration of about 9.3 mM, predicting the cessation of neuronal activity...
- Guo J, White E. Autophagy, Metabolism, and Cancer. Cold Spring Harb Symp Quant Biol. 2016;81:73-78 pubmed publisher..Insights from these studies provide the rationale and approach to target the autophagy survival pathway for cancer therapy. ..
- Flamant F, Cheng S, Hollenberg A, Moeller L, Samarut J, Wondisford F, et al. Thyroid Hormone Signaling Pathways: Time for a More Precise Nomenclature. Endocrinology. 2017;158:2052-2057 pubmed publisher..Four types of thyroid hormone signaling are defined, and the experimental criteria for classification are discussed. ..
- Wong T, Patel N, Feiteiro F, Danish S, Hanft S. Lesion Optimization for Laser Ablation: Fluid Evacuation Prior to Laser-Induced Thermal Therapy. World Neurosurg. 2017;104:192-196 pubmed publisher..Cystic fluid evacuation is a promising strategy for optimizing intracranial cystic lesions for MRgLITT. This novel approach may broaden the utility of MRgLITT in the management of various technically demanding lesions. ..
- Solanki J, Tritt T, Pasternack J, Kim J, Leung C, Domogauer J, et al. Cellular Response to Exponentially Increasing and Decreasing Dose Rates: Implications for Treatment Planning in Targeted Radionuclide Therapy. Radiat Res. 2017;188:221-234 pubmed publisher..We have modified conventional radiobiological models used in the clinic for brachytherapy and external beams of radiation to account for this phenomenon and facilitate their use for treatment planning in targeted radionuclide therapy. ..
- Rajendra R, Gounder M, Saleem A, Schellens J, Ross D, Bates S, et al. Differential effects of the breast cancer resistance protein on the cellular accumulation and cytotoxicity of 9-aminocamptothecin and 9-nitrocamptothecin. Cancer Res. 2003;63:3228-33 pubmed..Furthermore, the results suggest that polar groups at the 9 or 10 position of the CPT A ring facilitate interaction with BCRP and have implications for the clinical development of new CPT analogues...
- Shea M, Conti C, Arora R. An update on enhanced external counterpulsation. Clin Cardiol. 2005;28:115-8 pubmed..Furthermore, EECP appears to be safe and effective in the treatment of angina in patients with impaired systolic function and has similar potential in patients with congestive heart failure. ..
- Vijayanathan V, Venkiteswaran S, Nair S, Verma A, Thomas T, Zhu B, et al. Physiologic levels of 2-methoxyestradiol interfere with nongenomic signaling of 17beta-estradiol in human breast cancer cells. Clin Cancer Res. 2006;12:2038-48 pubmed..The intriguing growth-stimulatory and growth-inhibitory effects of 2ME on breast cancer cells suggests the need for its selective use in patients. ..
- Pungaliya P, Kulkarni D, Park H, Marshall H, Zheng H, Lackland H, et al. TOPORS functions as a SUMO-1 E3 ligase for chromatin-modifying proteins. J Proteome Res. 2007;6:3918-23 pubmed..Transfection studies confirmed mammalian Sin3A as a sumoylation substrate for TOPORS. These findings suggest that TOPORS may function as a tumor suppressor by regulating mSin3A and other proteins involved in chromatin modification. ..
- Noll K, Prichard M, Khaykin A, Sinko P, Chikindas M. The natural antimicrobial peptide subtilosin acts synergistically with glycerol monolaurate, lauric arginate, and ε-poly-L-lysine against bacterial vaginosis-associated pathogens but not human lactobacilli. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2012;56:1756-61 pubmed publisher..This is the first report on the effects of subtilosin combined with other natural antimicrobials against G. vaginalis. ..
- Anton K, Banerjee D, Glod J. Macrophage-associated mesenchymal stem cells assume an activated, migratory, pro-inflammatory phenotype with increased IL-6 and CXCL10 secretion. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e35036 pubmed publisher..These interactions are likely to play an important role in the tissue inflammatory response and may provide insight into the migratory potential of MSCs in inflammation and tissue injury. ..
- Kramer J, Granier C, Davis S, Piso K, Hand J, Rabson A, et al. PDCD2 controls hematopoietic stem cell differentiation during development. Stem Cells Dev. 2013;22:58-72 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the effects of pdcd2 in regulating mitotic cell death may contribute to its role(s) in directing hematopoietic differentiation during development...
- Marthedal E, Geib A, McCoy J. An unusual case of sudden hearing loss in a young man. JAAPA. 2013;26:38-41 pubmed..Acute-onset hearing loss of unknown cause may be the result of a tranverse temporal bone fracture. CT imaging is indicated for patients with acute focal neurologic deficits of uncertain cause...
- Parikh R, Grossbard M, Harrison L, Yahalom J. Association of intensity-modulated radiation therapy on overall survival for patients with Hodgkin lymphoma. Radiother Oncol. 2016;118:52-9 pubmed publisher..This represents the only study examining survival outcomes of advanced RT modalities, which may be considered on a case-by-case basis for highly selected patients with HL. ..
- Sewell K, Halanych J, Russell L, Andreae S, Cherrington A, Martin M, et al. Blood Pressure Measurement Biases in Clinical Settings, Alabama, 2010-2011. Prev Chronic Dis. 2016;13:E01 pubmed publisher..Measurement biases in clinical settings may be a component of observed poor blood pressure control rates in real-world settings. ..
- Ciaccio E, Coromilas J, Wit A, Peters N, Garan H. Formation of reentrant circuits in the mid-myocardial infarct border zone. Comput Biol Med. 2016;71:205-13 pubmed publisher..For slab and strand mid-myocardial arrhythmogenic structures, taper and circuit dimensions govern ranges in premature excitation coupling intervals and tachycardia cycle lengths necessary to support functional block. ..
- Huang J, Liao K, Wang G, Haby T, Bolgar M. Exploitation of the size-exclusion effect of reversed-phase high performance liquid chromatography for the direct analysis of diethylene triamine pentaacetic acid in therapeutic monoclonal antibody formulations. J Chromatogr A. 2016;1455:140-146 pubmed publisher..The method was successfully validated for specificity, precision, accuracy, linearity, and robustness. ..
- Smith K, Liu L, Ganesan S, Michor F, De S. Nuclear topology modulates the mutational landscapes of cancer genomes. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2017;24:1000-1006 pubmed publisher..Thus, the nuclear architecture may influence mutational landscapes in cancer genomes beyond the previously described effects of chromatin structure and replication timing...
- Barone J, Fleisher M. Treatment of paraphimosis using the "puncture" technique. Pediatr Emerg Care. 1993;9:298-9 pubmed..The puncture technique is a simple method that aids in the manual reduction of the paraphimotic foreskin. We present a case that describes how we are currently using the technique in our pediatric patients...
- Geng X, Biancone L, Dai H, Lin J, Yoshizaki N, Dasgupta A, et al. Tropomyosin isoforms in intestinal mucosa: production of autoantibodies to tropomyosin isoforms in ulcerative colitis. Gastroenterology. 1998;114:912-22 pubmed..Intestinal epithelial cells and smooth muscle have distinct hTM isoforms. Patients with UC, and not CD, show mucosal autoantibody response against hTM isoforms, particularly hTM5 and hTM1. ..
- Han G, Wu W, Carman G. The Saccharomyces cerevisiae Lipin homolog is a Mg2+-dependent phosphatidate phosphatase enzyme. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:9210-8 pubmed..Heterologous expression of human LPIN1 in E. coli showed that lipin 1 is also a Mg(2+)-dependent PA phosphatase enzyme. ..
- Hait W, Wu H, Jin S, Yang J. Elongation factor-2 kinase: its role in protein synthesis and autophagy. Autophagy. 2006;2:294-6 pubmed..Therefore, eEF-2 kinase activation may be a part of a survival mechanism in glioblastoma, and targeting this kinase may represent a novel approach to cancer treatment. ..
- Feng Z, Zhang C, Kang H, Sun Y, Wang H, Naqvi A, et al. Regulation of female reproduction by p53 and its family members. FASEB J. 2011;25:2245-55 pubmed publisher..Selected alleles of SNPs in p63 and p73 genes were enriched in IVF patients. These findings demonstrate that the p53 family members are involved in several steps to regulate female reproduction in mice and humans. ..
- Qin B, Moorman P, Kelemen L, Alberg A, Barnholtz Sloan J, Bondy M, et al. Dietary Quality and Ovarian Cancer Risk in African-American Women. Am J Epidemiol. 2017;185:1281-1289 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that adherence to an overall healthy dietary pattern may reduce ovarian cancer risk in African-American women, and particularly among postmenopausal African-American women...
- Shindler D, Palmeri S, Antonelli T, Sleeper L, Boland J, Cocke T, et al. Diabetes mellitus in cardiogenic shock complicating acute myocardial infarction: a report from the SHOCK Trial Registry. SHould we emergently revascularize Occluded Coronaries for cardiogenic shocK?. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2000;36:1097-103 pubmed..Diabetics who undergo revascularization derive a survival benefit similar to that of nondiabetics. ..
- Ananth C, Oyelese Y, Srinivas N, Yeo L, Vintzileos A. Preterm premature rupture of membranes, intrauterine infection, and oligohydramnios: risk factors for placental abruption. Obstet Gynecol. 2004;104:71-7 pubmed..Physicians managing patients with preterm PROM should be aware that these patients are at increased risk of developing abruption after 24 hours following preterm PROM. ..
- Meng Q, Turpin B, Polidori A, Lee J, Weisel C, Morandi M, et al. PM2.5 of ambient origin: estimates and exposure errors relevant to PM epidemiology. Environ Sci Technol. 2005;39:5105-12 pubmed..5 exposure distribution bandwidth. The result is larger uncertainties in relative risk factors for PM2.5 than would occur if epidemiological studies used more accurate exposure measures. In certain situations this can lead to bias. ..
- Tsang C, Liu Y, Thomas J, Zhang Y, Zheng X. Superoxide dismutase 1 acts as a nuclear transcription factor to regulate oxidative stress resistance. Nat Commun. 2014;5:3446 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our study unravels an unorthodox function of Sod1 as a transcription factor and elucidates the regulatory mechanism for its localization. ..
- Corbett S, Schwarzbauer J. Beta3 integrin activation improves alphavbeta3-mediated retraction of fibrin matrices. J Surg Res. 1999;83:27-31 pubmed..Activation of the beta3 integrin subunit significantly improves the interaction of alphavbeta3 with fibrin and may play a role in the integrin-mediated signaling events which occur following vascular injury. ..
- Kaufman K. Epilepsy neurosurgery: a patient's perspective. Seizure. 2002;11:74 pubmed..As epileptologists, we often do not appreciate the degree of patients' concerns, especially whether quality of life could be worsened by surgical complications. In this poem, a patient lyrically describes this dilemma. ..
- The T, Kolla R, Dawkins F, TROUTH A. Pure red cell aplasia after 13 years of sodium valproate, and bone marrow suppression after 17 years of carbamazepine. PLoS Med. 2004;1:e51 pubmed
- Victor F, Gelber J, Rao B. Melasma: a review. J Cutan Med Surg. 2004;8:97-102 pubmed..Randomized controlled trials involving larger numbers of patients and comparing treatments, as well as studying combination therapies, would be beneficial. ..
- Arora R, Lopez S, Saric M. Enhanced external counterpulsation improves systolic function by echocardiography in patients with coronary artery disease. Heart Lung. 2005;34:122-5 pubmed
- Oyelese Y, Smulian J. Placenta previa, placenta accreta, and vasa previa. Obstet Gynecol. 2006;107:927-41 pubmed..The condition can be diagnosed prenatally by ultrasound examination. Good outcomes depend on prenatal diagnosis and cesarean delivery before the membranes rupture. ..
- Bachmann G, Rosen R, Pinn V, Utian W, Ayers C, Basson R, et al. Vulvodynia: a state-of-the-art consensus on definitions, diagnosis and management. J Reprod Med. 2006;51:447-56 pubmed..The consensus panel also identified key topics and issues forfurther research, including the role of inflammatory mechanisms and genetic factors and psychosexual contributors. ..
- Park H, Zheng H, Kulkarni D, Kerrigan J, Pungaliya P, Saleem A, et al. Identification of phosphorylation sites of TOPORS and a role for serine 98 in the regulation of ubiquitin but not SUMO E3 ligase activity. Biochemistry. 2008;47:13887-96 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that phosphorylation of serine 98 regulates the ubiquitin but not the SUMO ligase activity of TOPORS, consistent with a potential binary switch function for TOPORS in protein ubiquitination versus sumoylation. ..
- Gannon C, Izzo F, Aloia T, Pignata S, Nasti G, Vallone P, et al. Can hepatocellular cancer screening increase the proportion of long-term survivors?. Hepatogastroenterology. 2009;56:1152-6 pubmed..A screening strategy should focus on those patients with chronic hepatitis B or C virus infection that has progressed to cirrhosis since more than 40% of these patients will develop HCC. ..
- Bandera E, Chandran U, Buckley B, Lin Y, Isukapalli S, Marshall I, et al. Urinary mycoestrogens, body size and breast development in New Jersey girls. Sci Total Environ. 2011;409:5221-7 pubmed publisher..However, our findings need replication in larger studies with more heterogeneous populations, using a longitudinal approach. ..
- Svider P, Pashkova A, Husain Q, Mauro A, Eloy J, Baredes S, et al. Determination of legal responsibility in iatrogenic tracheal and laryngeal stenosis. Laryngoscope. 2013;123:1754-8 pubmed publisher..Although the majority of cases were defendant decisions, the verdicts decided for the plaintiffs had considerable damages awarded. ..
- Moy L, Newell M, Mahoney M, Bailey L, Barke L, Carkaci S, et al. ACR Appropriateness Criteria stage I breast cancer: initial workup and surveillance for local recurrence and distant metastases in asymptomatic women. J Am Coll Radiol. 2014;11:1160-8 pubmed publisher..When evidence is lacking or not definitive, expert opinion may be used to recommend imaging or treatment. ..
- Altman R, Fredericson M, Bhattacharyya S, Bisson B, Abbott T, Yadalam S, et al. Association between Hyaluronic Acid Injections and Time-to-Total Knee Replacement Surgery. J Knee Surg. 2016;29:564-570 pubmed..Those receiving HA injections had a median 1.6-year longer Time-to-TKR surgery versus those who did not receive HA injections. These results have both clinical and economic implications. ..
- Fox C, Morin S, Jeong J, Scott R, Lessey B. Local and systemic factors and implantation: what is the evidence?. Fertil Steril. 2016;105:873-84 pubmed publisher..This review will address the current literature on endometrial and systemic factors related to impaired implantation and highlight recent advances in this area of reproductive medicine. ..
- Sun W, Xiao E, Xiao T, Krumins V, Wang Q, Häggblom M, et al. Response of Soil Microbial Communities to Elevated Antimony and Arsenic Contamination Indicates the Relationship between the Innate Microbiota and Contaminant Fractions. Environ Sci Technol. 2017;51:9165-9175 pubmed publisher..Shotgun metagenomics indicated that Sb and As biogeochemical redox reactions may exist in contaminated soils. All these observations suggest the potential for bioremediation of Sb- and As-contaminated soils. ..
- Benton L, Purohit U, Khan M, Greco R. The biologic role of B2 integrins in the host response to expanded polytetrafluoroethylene. J Surg Res. 1996;64:116-9 pubmed..This is also true in vivo since PBL increase CD11b expression four times when ePTFE is compared to sham. These observations indicate a potential role in vivo for B2 integrins in vascular prosthetic infections. ..
- Wei W, Findley P, Sambamoorthi U. Disability and receipt of clinical preventive services among women. Womens Health Issues. 2006;16:286-96 pubmed..Increased access to health care insurance and health care providers may also help. ..
- Mueller T, DaJusta D, Cha D, Kim I, Ankem M. Ureteral fibrin sealant injection of the distal ureter during laparoscopic nephroureterectomy--a novel and simple modification of the pluck technique. Urology. 2010;75:187-92 pubmed publisher..No extravesical or intravesical recurrences were noted. Ureteral fibrin sealant injection produces dependable ureteral obstruction during laparoscopic pluck nephroureterectomy and may prevent tumor spillage in the extravesical tissues. ..
- Miletti González K, Murphy K, Kumaran M, Ravindranath A, Wernyj R, Kaur S, et al. Identification of function for CD44 intracytoplasmic domain (CD44-ICD): modulation of matrix metalloproteinase 9 (MMP-9) transcription via novel promoter response element. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:18995-9007 pubmed publisher..In summary, our results finally give a function to the CD44-ICD and will accelerate the study of the regulation of many CD44-dependent genes. ..
- Krivo L, Byron R, Calder C, Peterson R, Browning C, KWAN M, et al. Patterns of local segregation: Do they matter for neighborhood crime?. Soc Sci Res. 2015;54:303-18 pubmed publisher..In contrast, local segregation of low income from high income households is connected with higher crime, particularly neighborhood violence. ..
- Lau M, Prenner J, Brucker A, VanderBeek B. Accuracy of Billing Codes Used in the Therapeutic Care of Diabetic Retinopathy. JAMA Ophthalmol. 2017;135:791-794 pubmed publisher..6%-100%) and a high specificity (range, 97.2%-100%). These data suggest diagnostic, procedure, and therapeutic codes derived from insurance billing claims accurately reflect the medical record for patients with diabetic retinopathy. ..
- Hark L, Katz L, Myers J, Waisbourd M, Johnson D, Pizzi L, et al. Philadelphia Telemedicine Glaucoma Detection and Follow-up Study: Methods and Screening Results. Am J Ophthalmol. 2017;181:114-124 pubmed publisher..An integrated telemedicine screening intervention in primary care offices and Federally Qualified Health Centers detected high rate of suspicious optic nerves, ocular hypertension, and retinal pathology. ..
- Agnese D, Calvano J, Hahm S, Coyle S, Corbett S, Calvano S, et al. Human toll-like receptor 4 mutations but not CD14 polymorphisms are associated with an increased risk of gram-negative infections. J Infect Dis. 2002;186:1522-5 pubmed..These findings indicate that hTLR4 mutations are associated with an increased incidence of gram-negative infections in critically ill patients in a surgical setting. ..
- Tallia A, Cardone D. Diagnostic and therapeutic injection of the wrist and hand region. Am Fam Physician. 2003;67:745-50 pubmed..The proper technique, choice and quantity of pharmaceuticals, and appropriate follow-up are essential for effective outcomes. ..
- Ewing R, Schmid T, Killingsworth R, Zlot A, Raudenbush S. Relationship between urban sprawl and physical activity, obesity, and morbidity. Am J Health Promot. 2003;18:47-57 pubmed..More research is needed to refine measures of urban form, improve measures of physical activity, and control for other individual and environmental influences on physical activity, obesity, and related health outcomes. ..
- Hillegass J, Villano C, Cooper K, White L. Matrix metalloproteinase-13 is required for zebra fish (Danio rerio) development and is a target for glucocorticoids. Toxicol Sci. 2007;100:168-79 pubmed
- Bachmann G, Schaefers M, Uddin A, Utian W. Lowest effective transdermal 17beta-estradiol dose for relief of hot flushes in postmenopausal women: a randomized controlled trial. Obstet Gynecol. 2007;110:771-9 pubmed..ClinicalTrials.gov, www.clinicaltrials.gov, NCT00206622 ..
- Mishra P, Mishra P, Humeniuk R, Medina D, Alexe G, Mesirov J, et al. Carcinoma-associated fibroblast-like differentiation of human mesenchymal stem cells. Cancer Res. 2008;68:4331-9 pubmed publisher..To our knowledge, this is the first report showing that hMSCs become activated and resemble carcinoma-associated myofibroblasts on prolonged exposure to conditioned medium from MDAMB231 human breast cancer cells. ..
- Tan A, Rubin E, Walton D, Shuster D, Wong Y, Fang F, et al. Phase I study of eribulin mesylate administered once every 21 days in patients with advanced solid tumors. Clin Cancer Res. 2009;15:4213-9 pubmed publisher..Eribulin mesylate administered as a 1-hour infusion every 21 days has a manageable toxicity profile at 2 mg/m(2), with further dose escalation limited by neutropenia. ..
- Schoen C, Rosen T. Maternal and perinatal risks for women over 44--a review. Maturitas. 2009;64:109-13 pubmed publisher..Further study is recommended in mode of conception and parity to examine the effects on maternal and fetal risks. ..
- Chen Y, Banda M, Speyer C, Smith J, Rabson A, Gorski D. Regulation of the expression and activity of the antiangiogenic homeobox gene GAX/MEOX2 by ZEB2 and microRNA-221. Mol Cell Biol. 2010;30:3902-13 pubmed publisher..These observations suggest a strategy for inhibiting angiogenesis by either recapitulating miR-221 expression or inhibiting ZEB2 activation. ..
- Merlin M, Safdar H, Calabrese S, Lewinsky A, Manfre J, Van Pelt S, et al. Prehospital rapid sequence intubation in an emergency medical services system with two advanced life support providers. Prehosp Disaster Med. 2010;25:341-5 pubmed..This is a report of the initial experience with the first 50 patients in a unique, two-tiered, two advanced life support (ALS) providers system...
- Puvabanditsin S, Garrow E, Lambert G, Botti C, Gowda S, Kathiravan S, et al. Partial trisomy 10p12.33 and partial monosomy 13q32.1: case report and a literature review. Genet Couns. 2011;22:263-72 pubmed..33, and a partial monosomy of chromosome 13(18.3 Mb deleted) involving 313 oligonucleotides from 13q32.1 to 13qter. This is the first report of a patient with partial trisomy 10p12.33 and partial monosomy 13q32.1...
- Mohamed N, Chaoprang Herrera P, Hudson S, Revenson T, Lee C, Quale D, et al. Muscle invasive bladder cancer: examining survivor burden and unmet needs. J Urol. 2014;191:48-53 pubmed publisher..Meeting patient needs is imperative to ensure adequate patient involvement in health care and enhance postoperative quality of life. An effective support provision plan should follow changes in patient needs. ..
- Hyatt A, Lavery K, Mino C, Dhawan A. Suture Anchor Biomechanics After Rotator Cuff Footprint Decortication. Arthroscopy. 2016;32:544-50 pubmed publisher..Caution should be exercised when preparing the rotator cuff footprint before suture anchor placement because of the significant risk of early repair failure at the bone-anchor interface. ..
- Ebert E, Geng X, Bajpai M, Pan Z, Tatar E, Das K. Antibody to tropomyosin isoform 5 and complement induce the lysis of colonocytes in ulcerative colitis. Am J Gastroenterol. 2009;104:2996-3003 pubmed publisher..If used as a diagnostic test to distinguish UC from CD, IFA would have 79% sensitivity and 100% specificity. Development of blocking antibodies may lead to novel therapies. ..
- Wolff N, Jing Shi -. Contextualization of physical and sexual assault in male prisons: incidents and their aftermath. J Correct Health Care. 2009;15:58-77; quiz 80-2 pubmed publisher..Emotional reactions to assaults were experienced by virtually all victims. Context information is vital in the development and implementation of prevention and therapeutic interventions. ..
- Difranco K, Johnson Farley N, Bertino J, Elson D, Vega B, Belinka B, et al. LFA-1-targeting Leukotoxin (LtxA; LeukotheraÂ®) causes lymphoma tumor regression in a humanized mouse model and requires caspase-8 and Fas to kill malignant lymphocytes. Leuk Res. 2015;39:649-56 pubmed publisher..Knowledge of the mechanism of cell death induced by LtxA will facilitate the development and understanding of this potent experimental therapeutic agent. ..
- Nelder M, Kesavaraju B, Farajollahi A, Healy S, Unlu I, Crepeau T, et al. Suppressing Aedes albopictus, an emerging vector of dengue and chikungunya viruses, by a novel combination of a monomolecular film and an insect-growth regulator. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2010;82:831-7 pubmed publisher..albopictus larvae and pupae. The possible additive or synergistic effects of the combined products deserve further investigation. ..
- Lewis J, Vijayanathan V, Thomas T, Pestell R, Albanese C, Gallo M, et al. Activation of cyclin D1 by estradiol and spermine in MCF-7 breast cancer cells: a mechanism involving the p38 MAP kinase and phosphorylation of ATF-2. Oncol Res. 2005;15:113-28 pubmed..These results indicate that spermine can enhance E2-induced cell signaling and cyclin D1 transcription by activation of the p38 MAP kinase and phosphorylation of ATF-2, contributing to breast cancer cell proliferation. ..
- Konduri S, Schwarz R. Estrogen receptor beta/alpha ratio predicts response of pancreatic cancer cells to estrogens and phytoestrogens. J Surg Res. 2007;140:55-66 pubmed..The impact of the ERbeta/ERalpha ratio on estrogen-mediated growth stimulation and reduced cytotoxicity at physiological concentrations may have clinical implications on PaCa therapy. ..
- Swerdel J, Rhoads G, Cosgrove N, Kostis J. Rates of Hospitalization for Dehydration Following Hurricane Sandy in New Jersey. Disaster Med Public Health Prep. 2016;10:188-92 pubmed publisher..Reducing the rate of dehydration following extreme weather events is an important public health concern that needs to be addressed, especially in those over 65 years of age. ..
- Garcia A, Sekowski A, Subramanian V, Brasaemle D. The central domain is required to target and anchor perilipin A to lipid droplets. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:625-35 pubmed..Thus, we conclude that the central 25% of the perilipin A sequence contains all of the amino acids necessary to target and anchor the protein to lipid droplets. ..
- Roopchand D, Kuhn P, Poulev A, Oren A, Lila M, Fridlender B, et al. Biochemical analysis and in vivo hypoglycemic activity of a grape polyphenol-soybean flour complex. J Agric Food Chem. 2012;60:8860-5 pubmed publisher..The data indicate that grape polyphenol-enriched DSF can provide a high-protein, low-sugar ingredient for delivery of concentrated grape polyphenolics. ..
- Excoffier L, Smouse P, Quattro J. Analysis of molecular variance inferred from metric distances among DNA haplotypes: application to human mitochondrial DNA restriction data. Genetics. 1992;131:479-91 pubmed..The AMOVA treatment is easily extended in several different directions and it constitutes a coherent and flexible framework for the statistical analysis of molecular data. ..
- Levine J. Treating menopausal symptoms with a tissue-selective estrogen complex. Gend Med. 2011;8:57-68 pubmed publisher..Given the efficacy and safety reported in these Phase III trials, the TSEC of BZA/CE may be a promising new option for the treatment of menopause. ..
- Rubin E, de Alwis D, Pouliquen I, Green L, Marder P, Lin Y, et al. A phase I trial of a potent P-glycoprotein inhibitor, Zosuquidar.3HCl trihydrochloride (LY335979), administered orally in combination with doxorubicin in patients with advanced malignancies. Clin Cancer Res. 2002;8:3710-7 pubmed..Further refinement in Zosuquidar.3HCl dosing and scheduling should be explored to optimize Pgp inhibition while minimizing cerebellar toxicity. ..
- Wang B, Palomares K, Parobchak N, Cece J, Rosen M, Nguyen A, et al. Glucocorticoid receptor signaling contributes to constitutive activation of the noncanonical NF-?B pathway in term human placenta. Mol Endocrinol. 2013;27:203-11 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that constitutive activation of the noncanonical NF-?B pathway in term human placenta is driven by the GR signaling, which in turn up-regulates placental CRH and other NF-?B-responsive genes...
- Ferrante J, Piasecki A, Ohman Strickland P, Crabtree B. Family physicians' practices and attitudes regarding care of extremely obese patients. Obesity (Silver Spring). 2009;17:1710-6 pubmed publisher..Further research is needed to determine if interventions to increase knowledge of physicians will lead to less negative attitudes toward weight loss and extremely obese patients. ..
- White E. Exploiting the bad eating habits of Ras-driven cancers. Genes Dev. 2013;27:2065-71 pubmed publisher..Targeting these distinct features of Ras-driven cancers provides novel approaches to cancer therapy. ..
- Huhn S, Liu J, Ye C, Lu H, Jiang X, Feng X, et al. Regulation of spindle integrity and mitotic fidelity by BCCIP. Oncogene. 2017;36:4750-4766 pubmed publisher..Our study identifies BCCIP as a novel factor critical for microtubule regulation and explicates a mechanism utilized by BCCIP in tumor suppression. ..