Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on herbicides in Ithaca, New York, United States
Locale: Ithaca, New York, United States
- Zhao J, Williams C, Last R. Induction of Arabidopsis tryptophan pathway enzymes and camalexin by amino acid starvation, oxidative stress, and an abiotic elicitor. Plant Cell. 1998;10:359-70 pubmed..The role of salicylic acid in herbicide-mediated Trp and camalexin induction was investigated. ..
- Cheng W, Fu Y, Porres J, Ross D, Lei X. Selenium-dependent cellular glutathione peroxidase protects mice against a pro-oxidant-induced oxidation of NADPH, NADH, lipids, and protein. FASEB J. 1999;13:1467-75 pubmed..These protections of GPX1 seem to be inducible and coordinated with those of other antioxidant enzymes. ..
- Cheng W, Zheng X, Quimby F, Roneker C, Lei X. Low levels of glutathione peroxidase 1 activity in selenium-deficient mouse liver affect c-Jun N-terminal kinase activation and p53 phosphorylation on Ser-15 in pro-oxidant-induced aponecrosis. Biochem J. 2003;370:927-34 pubmed
- Obendorf S, Lemley A, Hedge A, Kline A, Tan K, Dokuchayeva T. Distribution of pesticide residues within homes in central New York State. Arch Environ Contam Toxicol. 2006;50:31-44 pubmed..High residues in winter are evidence that closure of households in winter that reduces ventilation results in redistribution of pesticides within households. ..
- Li J, Ebata A, Dong Y, Rizki G, Iwata T, Lee S. Caenorhabditis elegans HCF-1 functions in longevity maintenance as a DAF-16 regulator. PLoS Biol. 2008;6:e233 pubmed publisher..As HCF-1 is highly conserved, our findings have important implications for aging and FOXO regulation in mammals. ..