Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on genetic transcription in Piscataway, New Jersey, United States
Locale: Piscataway, New Jersey, United States
Topic: genetic transcription
- LeRoy G, Loyola A, Lane W, Reinberg D. Purification and characterization of a human factor that assembles and remodels chromatin. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:14787-90 pubmed..Since both subunits are homologues of the Drosophila ACF complex (ATP-utilizing chromatin assembly and remodeling factor), we have named this factor human ACF or hACF. ..
- Belotserkovskaya R, Oh S, Bondarenko V, Orphanides G, Studitsky V, Reinberg D. FACT facilitates transcription-dependent nucleosome alteration. Science. 2003;301:1090-3 pubmed..These findings define the mechanism by which Pol II can transcribe through chromatin without disrupting its epigenetic status. ..
- Yuzenkova J, Nechaev S, Berlin J, Rogulja D, Kuznedelov K, Inman R, et al. Genome of Xanthomonas oryzae bacteriophage Xp10: an odd T-odd phage. J Mol Biol. 2003;330:735-48 pubmed
- Mizutani A, Wang L, Rajan H, Vig P, Alaynick W, Thaler J, et al. Boat, an AXH domain protein, suppresses the cytotoxicity of mutant ataxin-1. EMBO J. 2005;24:3339-51 pubmed..Our study thus establishes that Boat is an in vivo binding partner of ataxin-1 whose altered expression in Purkinje cells may contribute to their degeneration in SCA1 animals. ..
- Chen B, Mandal S, Hampsey M. High-resolution protein-DNA contacts for the yeast RNA polymerase II general transcription machinery. Biochemistry. 2004;43:12741-9 pubmed..We discuss the implications of these results for the mechanism of preinitiation complex assembly and promoter melting. ..
- LeRoy G, Orphanides G, Lane W, Reinberg D. Requirement of RSF and FACT for transcription of chromatin templates in vitro. Science. 1998;282:1900-4 pubmed..Thus, the minimal factor requirements for activator-dependent transcription on chromatin templates in vitro have been defined. ..
- Tadigotla V, O Maoiléidigh D, Sengupta A, Epshtein V, Ebright R, Nudler E, et al. Thermodynamic and kinetic modeling of transcriptional pausing. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:4439-44 pubmed
- Das P, Inoue H, Baker J, Beppu H, Kawabata M, Harland R, et al. Drosophila dSmad2 and Atr-I transmit activin/TGFbeta signals. Genes Cells. 1999;4:123-34 pubmed..Expression patterns of dSmad2 suggest that it functions in imaginal disks and in the brain, in tissues that undergo extensive patterning and proliferation. ..
- Chen L, Chen J. Daxx silencing sensitizes cells to multiple apoptotic pathways. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:7108-21 pubmed..These data strongly suggest that Daxx may inhibit Fas and stress-mediated apoptosis by suppressing proapoptotic gene expression outside of PML domains. ..
- Ping Y, Rana T. DSIF and NELF interact with RNA polymerase II elongation complex and HIV-1 Tat stimulates P-TEFb-mediated phosphorylation of RNA polymerase II and DSIF during transcription elongation. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:12951-8 pubmed..These findings reveal a molecular mechanism for the negative and positive regulation of transcriptional elongation at the HIV-1 promoter. ..
- Cho H, Kim T, Mancebo H, Lane W, Flores O, Reinberg D. A protein phosphatase functions to recycle RNA polymerase II. Genes Dev. 1999;13:1540-52 pubmed..The CTD phosphatase was found to be active in ternary elongation complexes. Moreover, the phosphatase stimulates elongation by RNAPII; however, this function is independent of its catalytic activity. ..
- Minakhin L, Semenova E, Liu J, Vasilov A, Severinova E, Gabisonia T, et al. Genome sequence and gene expression of Bacillus anthracis bacteriophage Fah. J Mol Biol. 2005;354:1-15 pubmed..sigma(Fah) is negatively regulated by host SpoIIAB, an anti-sigma factor that controls sporulation. Thus, sigma(Fah) may link phage gene expression to sporulation of the host...
- Krishnamurthy S, He X, Reyes Reyes M, Moore C, Hampsey M. Ssu72 Is an RNA polymerase II CTD phosphatase. Mol Cell. 2004;14:387-94 pubmed
- Goldman S, Ebright R, Nickels B. Direct detection of abortive RNA transcripts in vivo. Science. 2009;324:927-8 pubmed publisher..Abortive transcripts may have functional roles in regulating gene expression in vivo. ..
- Naryshkina T, Mustaev A, Darst S, Severinov K. The beta ' subunit of Escherichia coli RNA polymerase is not required for interaction with initiating nucleotide but is necessary for interaction with rifampicin. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:13308-13 pubmed..However, the rifampicin binding center is formed only in the alpha(2)betabeta' core enzyme. We interpret our results in light of the high resolution structure of core RNA polymerase from Thermus aquaticus. ..
- Minakhin L, Severinov K. On the role of the Escherichia coli RNA polymerase sigma 70 region 4.2 and alpha-subunit C-terminal domains in promoter complex formation on the extended -10 galP1 promoter. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:29710-8 pubmed..2 but not alpha CTD was required for open promoter complex formation on galP1 derivatives with extended -10 motif. We propose a model involving sigma 70 region 4.2 interaction with the beta flap domain that explains these observations. ..
- Sarafianos S, Das K, Tantillo C, Clark A, Ding J, Whitcomb J, et al. Crystal structure of HIV-1 reverse transcriptase in complex with a polypurine tract RNA:DNA. EMBO J. 2001;20:1449-61 pubmed..The structural aberration extends to the RNase H active site and may play a role in the resistance of PPT to RNase H cleavage. ..
- Phadtare S, Inouye M, Severinov K. The nucleic acid melting activity of Escherichia coli CspE is critical for transcription antitermination and cold acclimation of cells. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:7239-45 pubmed..Thus, the nucleic acid-melting activity of Csp is critical for its prototypical function of supporting low temperature survival of the cell. ..
- Liu A, Lin Z, Choi H, Sorhage F, Li B. Attenuated induction of heat shock gene expression in aging diploid fibroblasts. J Biol Chem. 1989;264:12037-45 pubmed..We propose that there is an age-associated dysfunction in the signaling mechanism of the heat shock response. ..
- Pavri R, Lewis B, Kim T, Dilworth F, Erdjument Bromage H, Tempst P, et al. PARP-1 determines specificity in a retinoid signaling pathway via direct modulation of mediator. Mol Cell. 2005;18:83-96 pubmed..PARP-1 appears to function as a specificity factor regulating the RA-induced switch of Mediator from the inactive (Cdk8+) to the active (Cdk8-) state in RAR-dependent transcription. ..
- Fan Y, Rayet B, Gelinas C. Divergent C-terminal transactivation domains of Rel/NF-kappa B proteins are critical determinants of their oncogenic potential in lymphocytes. Oncogene. 2004;23:1030-42 pubmed..These findings provide experimental evidence for a role of mammalian Rel/NF-kappaB factors in leukemia/lymphomagenesis in an in vivo animal model, and are consistent with the implication of c-rel in many human lymphomas. ..
- Naryshkina T, Kuznedelov K, Severinov K. The role of the largest RNA polymerase subunit lid element in preventing the formation of extended RNA-DNA hybrid. J Mol Biol. 2006;361:634-43 pubmed..Structural considerations suggest that in the absence of the non-template strand and the lid, a new channel opens within the RNAP molecule that allows continuous DNA-RNA hybrid to exit RNAP. ..
- Chen H, Tang H, Ebright R. Functional interaction between RNA polymerase alpha subunit C-terminal domain and sigma70 in UP-element- and activator-dependent transcription. Mol Cell. 2003;11:1621-33 pubmed
- Cho H, Orphanides G, Sun X, Yang X, Ogryzko V, Lees E, et al. A human RNA polymerase II complex containing factors that modify chromatin structure. Mol Cell Biol. 1998;18:5355-63 pubmed..Importantly, p300 interacts specifically with the nonphosphorylated, initiation-competent form of RNA polymerase II. In contrast, PCAF interacts with the elongation-competent, phosphorylated form of RNA polymerase II. ..
- Mitta M, Fang L, Inouye M. Deletion analysis of cspA of Escherichia coli: requirement of the AT-rich UP element for cspA transcription and the downstream box in the coding region for its cold shock induction. Mol Microbiol. 1997;26:321-35 pubmed..It is proposed that DB in cold shock mRNAs allows the formation of a stable initiation complex at low temperature in the absence of the cold shock ribosomal factors. ..
- Phadtare S, Inouye M. Genome-wide transcriptional analysis of the cold shock response in wild-type and cold-sensitive, quadruple-csp-deletion strains of Escherichia coli. J Bacteriol. 2004;186:7007-14 pubmed..Relevance of these findings with respect to the known RNA chaperone function of CspA homologues is discussed. ..
- Wang Q, Udayakumar T, Vasaitis T, Brodie A, Fondell J. Mechanistic relationship between androgen receptor polyglutamine tract truncation and androgen-dependent transcriptional hyperactivity in prostate cancer cells. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:17319-28 pubmed..Collectively, our findings suggest that the AR transcriptional hyperactivity associated with shortened poly(Q) length stems from altered ligand-induced conformational changes that enhance coactivator recruitment. ..
- Lee C, Bae K, Edery I. PER and TIM inhibit the DNA binding activity of a Drosophila CLOCK-CYC/dBMAL1 heterodimer without disrupting formation of the heterodimer: a basis for circadian transcription. Mol Cell Biol. 1999;19:5316-25 pubmed..Together with other findings, our results strongly suggest that daily cycles in the association of PER and TIM with the dCLOCK-CYC complex probably contribute to rhythmic expression of per and tim. ..
- Shen M. Identification of differentially expressed genes in mouse development using differential display and in situ hybridization. Methods. 2001;24:15-27 pubmed..In principle, this strategy permits the efficient isolation of genes that are differentially expressed during early mouse embryogenesis. ..
- Kim D, Kim T, Walsh T, Kobayashi Y, Matise T, Buyske S, et al. Widespread RNA editing of embedded alu elements in the human transcriptome. Genome Res. 2004;14:1719-25 pubmed..Therefore, Alu-associated RNA editing may be a mechanism for marking nonstandard transcripts, not destined for translation. ..
- Bae W, Xia B, Inouye M, Severinov K. Escherichia coli CspA-family RNA chaperones are transcription antiterminators. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2000;97:7784-9 pubmed..We propose that the cold-shock induction of nusA, infB, rbfA, and pnp occurs through transcription antitermination, which is mediated by CspA and other cold shock-induced Csp proteins. ..
- Nguyen T, Almon R, Dubois D, Jusko W, Androulakis I. Importance of replication in analyzing time-series gene expression data: corticosteroid dynamics and circadian patterns in rat liver. BMC Bioinformatics. 2010;11:279 pubmed publisher..Through numerous synthetic and real time-series data, we demonstrated the ability of the approach to improve the clustering performance and assist in the identification and selection of informative expression motifs. ..
- Lewis B, Sims R, Lane W, Reinberg D. Functional characterization of core promoter elements: DPE-specific transcription requires the protein kinase CK2 and the PC4 coactivator. Mol Cell. 2005;18:471-81 pubmed..These data establish that CK2 acts as a switch, converting the transcriptional machinery from functioning on one type of downstream element to another. ..
- Jiang W, Jones P, Inouye M. Chloramphenicol induces the transcription of the major cold shock gene of Escherichia coli, cspA. J Bacteriol. 1993;175:5824-8 pubmed..Measurement of the half-life revealed that the cspA mRNA induced by chloramphenicol was more stable than that induced by cold shock. ..
- Ruiz Echevarria M, Gonzalez C, Peltz S. Identifying the right stop: determining how the surveillance complex recognizes and degrades an aberrant mRNA. EMBO J. 1998;17:575-89 pubmed..Further, the results indicate that the STE functions in the context of the GCN4 transcript to inactivate the NMD pathway. ..
- Kahn T, Schwartz Y, Dellino G, Pirrotta V. Polycomb complexes and the propagation of the methylation mark at the Drosophila ubx gene. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:29064-75 pubmed..Both the spread of methylation from the Polycomb response elements, and the silencing effect can be blocked by the gypsy insulator. ..
- Fang L, Hou Y, Inouye M. Role of the cold-box region in the 5' untranslated region of the cspA mRNA in its transient expression at low temperature in Escherichia coli. J Bacteriol. 1998;180:90-5 pubmed
- Kirihara J, Hunsperger J, Mahoney W, Messing J. Differential expression of a gene for a methionine-rich storage protein in maize. Mol Gen Genet. 1988;211:477-84 pubmed..Southern blot analysis indicated that there are one or two 10 kDa zein genes in the maize genome. ..
- Mack T, Gao R, Stock A. Probing the roles of the two different dimers mediated by the receiver domain of the response regulator PhoB. J Mol Biol. 2009;389:349-64 pubmed publisher..Together, these results support a model of activation of PhoB in which phosphorylation promotes dimerization via the alpha 4-beta 5-alpha 5 face, which enhances DNA binding and thus the ability of PhoB to regulate transcription. ..
- Zenkin N, Yuzenkova Y, Severinov K. Transcript-assisted transcriptional proofreading. Science. 2006;313:518-20 pubmed..We show that during transcription elongation, the hydrolytic reaction stimulated by misincorporated nucleotides proofreads most of the misincorporation events and thus serves as an intrinsic mechanism of transcription fidelity...
- Abraham D, Vershon A. N-terminal arm of Mcm1 is required for transcription of a subset of genes involved in maintenance of the cell wall. Eukaryot Cell. 2005;4:1808-19 pubmed..This suggests that residues 2 to 17 of Mcm1 may be involved in recruiting a cofactor to the promoters of these genes to activate transcription. ..
- Tan Q, Li X, Sadhale P, Miyao T, Woychik N. Multiple mechanisms of suppression circumvent transcription defects in an RNA polymerase mutant. Mol Cell Biol. 2000;20:8124-33 pubmed..Taken together, these results demonstrate that these three proteins influence transcription and implicate Sro9p in both transcription and posttranscription events. ..
- Xiao H, Mao Y, Desai S, Zhou N, Ting C, Hwang J, et al. The topoisomerase IIbeta circular clamp arrests transcription and signals a 26S proteasome pathway. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003;100:3239-44 pubmed..By contrast, degradation of the large subunit of RNA polymerase II is due to a DNA-damage signal. ..
- Yuzenkova J, Delgado M, Nechaev S, Savalia D, Epshtein V, Artsimovitch I, et al. Mutations of bacterial RNA polymerase leading to resistance to microcin j25. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:50867-75 pubmed..We hypothesize that MccJ25 inhibits transcription by binding in RNAP secondary channel and blocking substrate access to the catalytic center. ..
- Kim J, Lane W, Reinberg D. Human Elongator facilitates RNA polymerase II transcription through chromatin. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:1241-6 pubmed..From our results, we postulate that different mechanisms operate to ensure efficient transcription by RNA polymerase II on chromatin templates. ..
- Nariya H, Inouye M. MazF, an mRNA interferase, mediates programmed cell death during multicellular Myxococcus development. Cell. 2008;132:55-66 pubmed publisher..Transcription of mrpC and mazF is negatively regulated via MrpC phosphorylation by a Ser/Thr kinase cascade. These findings reveal the regulated deployment of a toxin gene for developmental programmed cell death in bacteria...
- Lee M, Partridge N. Parathyroid hormone activation of matrix metalloproteinase-13 transcription requires the histone acetyltransferase activity of p300 and PCAF and p300-dependent acetylation of PCAF. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:38014-22 pubmed publisher..PCAF cooperates with p300 and Runx2 to mediate PTH activation of MMP-13 transcription. ..
- Okajima T, Xu A, Lei L, Irvine K. Chaperone activity of protein O-fucosyltransferase 1 promotes notch receptor folding. Science. 2005;307:1599-603 pubmed..This ability of OFUT1 to facilitate folding of Notch did not require its fucosyltransferase activity. Thus, a glycosyltransferase can bind its substrate in the endoplasmic reticulum to facilitate normal folding. ..
- Inostroza J, Mermelstein F, Ha I, Lane W, Reinberg D. Dr1, a TATA-binding protein-associated phosphoprotein and inhibitor of class II gene transcription. Cell. 1992;70:477-89 pubmed..Dr1 is phosphorylated in vivo and phosphorylation of Dr1 affected its interaction with TBP. Our results suggest a regulatory role for Dr1 in repression of transcription mediated via phosphorylation. ..
- Kikonyogo A, Pietruszko R. Aldehyde dehydrogenase from adult human brain that dehydrogenates gamma-aminobutyraldehyde: purification, characterization, cloning and distribution. Biochem J. 1996;316 ( Pt 1):317-24 pubmed..mRNA levels were variable in the different brain areas, with the highest levels in the spinal cord and the lowest in the occipital pole. ..
- Kumar S, Rabson A, Gelinas C. The RxxRxRxxC motif conserved in all Rel/kappa B proteins is essential for the DNA-binding activity and redox regulation of the v-Rel oncoprotein. Mol Cell Biol. 1992;12:3094-106 pubmed..These studies suggest that the DNA-binding, transcriptional, and biological activities of Rel family proteins may also be subject to redox control in vivo. ..
- Ma D, Watanabe H, Mermelstein F, Admon A, Oguri K, Sun X, et al. Isolation of a cDNA encoding the largest subunit of TFIIA reveals functions important for activated transcription. Genes Dev. 1993;7:2246-57 pubmed..Interestingly, amino acid sequence analyses of the beta-subunit demonstrate these residues to be entirely contained within the carboxyl terminus of the cDNA clone encoding the alpha-subunit. ..
- Xu X, Prorock C, Ishikawa H, Maldonado E, Ito Y, Gelinas C. Functional interaction of the v-Rel and c-Rel oncoproteins with the TATA-binding protein and association with transcription factor IIB. Mol Cell Biol. 1993;13:6733-41 pubmed
- Han J, Sabbatini P, Perez D, Rao L, Modha D, White E. The E1B 19K protein blocks apoptosis by interacting with and inhibiting the p53-inducible and death-promoting Bax protein. Genes Dev. 1996;10:461-77 pubmed..With the death pathway disabled, induction of growth arrest by p53 can then be manifested. ..
- Zhang H, Catron K, Abate Shen C. A role for the Msx-1 homeodomain in transcriptional regulation: residues in the N-terminal arm mediate TATA binding protein interaction and transcriptional repression. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1996;93:1764-9 pubmed
- Rhee S, Ebensperger C, Dembic Z, Pestka S. The structure of the gene for the second chain of the human interferon-gamma receptor. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:28947-52 pubmed..Promoter activity of the 5'-flanking region was investigated with a luciferase reporter gene and the cytomegalovirus minimal promoter. Segments of the 5' region with promoter activity were identified. ..
- Orphanides G, LeRoy G, Chang C, Luse D, Reinberg D. FACT, a factor that facilitates transcript elongation through nucleosomes. Cell. 1998;92:105-16 pubmed..The biochemical properties and polypeptide composition of FACT suggest that it is a novel protein factor that facilitates transcript elongation through nucleosomes. ..
- Fang L, Xia B, Inouye M. Transcription of cspA, the gene for the major cold-shock protein of Escherichia coli, is negatively regulated at 37 degrees C by the 5'-untranslated region of its mRNA. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 1999;176:39-43 pubmed
- Nishioka K, Chuikov S, Sarma K, Erdjument Bromage H, Allis C, Tempst P, et al. Set9, a novel histone H3 methyltransferase that facilitates transcription by precluding histone tail modifications required for heterochromatin formation. Genes Dev. 2002;16:479-89 pubmed
- Nechaev S, Chlenov M, Severinov K. Dissection of two hallmarks of the open promoter complex by mutation in an RNA polymerase core subunit. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:25516-22 pubmed..We use the high resolution structure of Thermus aquaticus RNA polymerase core to build a functional model of promoter complex formation that accounts for the observed defects of the E. coli RNA polymerase mutants. ..
- Friedl E, Lane W, Erdjument Bromage H, Tempst P, Reinberg D. The C-terminal domain phosphatase and transcription elongation activities of FCP1 are regulated by phosphorylation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003;100:2328-33 pubmed..We set out to purify an FCP1 kinase from HeLa cells and identified casein kinase 2, which, surprisingly, displayed a negative effect on FCP1-associated activities. ..
- Akoulitchev S, Mäkelä T, Weinberg R, Reinberg D. Requirement for TFIIH kinase activity in transcription by RNA polymerase II. Nature. 1995;377:557-60 pubmed..Here we show that the CTD, but not its phosphorylation, is required for initiation of transcription. We also show that transcription requires CTD kinase activity provided by the CDK subunit of TFIIH. ..
- Sun X, Ma D, Sheldon M, Yeung K, Reinberg D. Reconstitution of human TFIIA activity from recombinant polypeptides: a role in TFIID-mediated transcription. Genes Dev. 1994;8:2336-48 pubmed..Holo-TFIIA also stimulated activation of transcription in vitro as well as in vivo in transfected HeLa cells. ..
- Mandal S, Cho H, Kim S, Cabane K, Reinberg D. FCP1, a phosphatase specific for the heptapeptide repeat of the largest subunit of RNA polymerase II, stimulates transcription elongation. Mol Cell Biol. 2002;22:7543-52 pubmed..Importantly, this allele of fcp1 was found to be lethal when combined individually with two mutations in the second-largest subunit of RNAP II, which had been shown previously to affect transcription elongation. ..
- Li C, Dinh G, Zhang A, Chen J. Ankyrin repeats-containing cofactors interact with ADA3 and modulate its co-activator function. Biochem J. 2008;413:349-57 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that ADA3 is a newly identified target of the ANCO proteins, which may modulate co-activator function in a transcription-factor-specific manner. ..
- Maldonado E, Shiekhattar R, Sheldon M, Cho H, Drapkin R, Rickert P, et al. A human RNA polymerase II complex associated with SRB and DNA-repair proteins. Nature. 1996;381:86-9 pubmed..The complex contains transcriptional coactivators and increases the activation of transcription. In addition, some components of the RNA polymerase II complex participate in DNA repair. ..
- Li M, Stollar V. Identification of the amino acid sequence in Sindbis virus nsP4 that binds to the promoter for the synthesis of the subgenomic RNA. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:9429-34 pubmed..Another Arg is present at position 327. By changing each of the Arg residues to Ala, we demonstrated that only the Arg residues at positions 331 and 332 were required for binding nsP4 to the SG promoter...
- Bae K, Lee C, Hardin P, Edery I. dCLOCK is present in limiting amounts and likely mediates daily interactions between the dCLOCK-CYC transcription factor and the PER-TIM complex. J Neurosci. 2000;20:1746-53 pubmed..Our results suggest that dCLK is the main component regulating the daily abundance of transcriptionally active dCLK-CYC complexes. ..
- Mart nez Hackert E, Stock A. The DNA-binding domain of OmpR: crystal structures of a winged helix transcription factor. Structure. 1997;5:109-24 pubmed..The structure of OmpRc could be useful in helping to define the positioning of the alpha subunit of RNA polymerase in relation to transcriptional activators that are bound to DNA...
- Tsang C, Li H, Zheng X. Nutrient starvation promotes condensin loading to maintain rDNA stability. EMBO J. 2007;26:448-58 pubmed..Our data suggest that enrichment of condensin prevents rDNA instability during nutrient starvation. Together, these observations unravel a novel role for condensin in the maintenance of regional genomic stability. ..
- Yun B, Farkas R, Lee K, Rabinow L. The Doa locus encodes a member of a new protein kinase family and is essential for eye and embryonic development in Drosophila melanogaster. Genes Dev. 1994;8:1160-73 pubmed..These results demonstrate that the kinase encoded by Doa is required at multiple stages of development, for both differentiation and maintenance of specific cell types. ..
- Ashar H, Fejzo M, Tkachenko A, Zhou X, Fletcher J, Weremowicz S, et al. Disruption of the architectural factor HMGI-C: DNA-binding AT hook motifs fused in lipomas to distinct transcriptional regulatory domains. Cell. 1995;82:57-65 pubmed..These results, identifying a gene rearranged in a benign neoplastic process that does not proceed to a malignancy, suggest a role for HMGI-C in adipogenesis and mesenchyme differentiation. ..
- Duffield D, Cai L, Kim S. Simultaneous determination of multiple mRNA levels utilizing MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry and biotinylated dideoxynucleotides. RNA. 2010;16:1285-91 pubmed publisher..Thus the approach enhances the parallel analysis of multiple gene transcripts by MS. Utilizing the method we have simultaneously measured mRNA levels of four genes (Rho, Nrl, Hprt, and Lhx2) in mouse retinal tissue. ..
- Bae W, Jones P, Inouye M. CspA, the major cold shock protein of Escherichia coli, negatively regulates its own gene expression. J Bacteriol. 1997;179:7081-8 pubmed..The mRNA stabilization in the deltacspA strain was observed for other mRNAs, supporting the notion that CspA functions as an mRNA chaperone to destabilize secondary structures in mRNAs. ..
- Iyer V, Ovacik M, Androulakis I, Roth C, Ierapetritou M. Transcriptional and metabolic flux profiling of triadimefon effects on cultured hepatocytes. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2010;248:165-77 pubmed publisher..In 0.15 mM triadimefon treatment, the hepatocytes are able to detoxify the relatively low concentration of triadimefon with less pronounced changes in hepatic metabolism. ..
- Yang L, Zhang H, Hu G, Wang H, Abate Shen C, Shen M. An early phase of embryonic Dlx5 expression defines the rostral boundary of the neural plate. J Neurosci. 1998;18:8322-30 pubmed..Taken together, our findings suggest that Dlx5 activity may be regulated via the expression of an alternative transcript and demonstrate that Dlx5 marks the anterior boundary of the neural plate. ..