Experts and Doctors on electron spin resonance spectroscopy in Ithaca, New York, United States
Locale: Ithaca, New York, United States
Topic: electron spin resonance spectroscopy
- Ge M, Freed J. Fusion peptide from influenza hemagglutinin increases membrane surface order: an electron-spin resonance study. Biophys J. 2009;96:4925-34 pubmed publisher..Possible roles of bending stresses in promoting membrane fusion are discussed. ..
- Borbat P, Freed J. Measuring distances by pulsed dipolar ESR spectroscopy: spin-labeled histidine kinases. Methods Enzymol. 2007;423:52-116 pubmed
- Liang Z, Crepeau R, Freed J. Effects of finite pulse width on two-dimensional Fourier transform electron spin resonance. J Magn Reson. 2005;177:247-60 pubmed..Examples are given for different motional regimes, which show how 2D-ELDOR spectra are affected by the finite pulse widths. The theory shows good agreement with 2D-ELDOR experiments performed as a function of pulse width. ..
- Bhatnagar J, Borbat P, Pollard A, Bilwes A, Freed J, Crane B. Structure of the ternary complex formed by a chemotaxis receptor signaling domain, the CheA histidine kinase, and the coupling protein CheW as determined by pulsed dipolar ESR spectroscopy. Biochemistry. 2010;49:3824-41 pubmed publisher..In the context of the hexagonal lattice formed by trimeric transmembrane chemoreceptors, the PDS structure is best accommodated with the P3 domain in the center of a honeycomb edge...
- Zhu X, Dzikovski B, Su X, Torelli A, Zhang Y, Ealick S, et al. Mechanistic understanding of Pyrococcus horikoshii Dph2, a [4Fe-4S] enzyme required for diphthamide biosynthesis. Mol Biosyst. 2011;7:74-81 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, our data suggest that the chemistry requires only one [4Fe-4S] cluster to be present in the PhDph2 dimer...
- Park S, Borbat P, Gonzalez Bonet G, Bhatnagar J, Pollard A, Freed J, et al. Reconstruction of the chemotaxis receptor-kinase assembly. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2006;13:400-7 pubmed publisher..Linking layers of ternary complexes with close-packed receptors generates a lattice with reasonable component ratios, cooperative interactions among receptors and accessible sites for modification enzymes...
- Georgieva E, Roy A, Grigoryants V, Borbat P, Earle K, Scholes C, et al. Effect of freezing conditions on distances and their distributions derived from Double Electron Electron Resonance (DEER): a study of doubly-spin-labeled T4 lysozyme. J Magn Reson. 2012;216:69-77 pubmed publisher..The assignment of bimodal distributions to tether rotamers as opposed to protein conformations is aided by comparing results using MTSL and 4-Bromo MTSL spin-labels. The latter usually produce narrower distance distributions. ..
- Bernskoetter W, Lobkovsky E, Chirik P. Kinetics and mechanism of N2 hydrogenation in bis(cyclopentadienyl) zirconium complexes and dinitrogen functionalization by 1,2-addition of a saturated C-H bond. J Am Chem Soc. 2005;127:14051-61 pubmed
- Usery R, Enoki T, Wickramasinghe S, Weiner M, Tsai W, Kim M, et al. Line Tension Controls Liquid-DisorderedÂ + Liquid-Ordered Domain Size Transition in Lipid Bilayers. Biophys J. 2017;112:1431-1443 pubmed publisher..We find that other properties of the coexisting Ld and Lo phases do not change significantly in the vicinity of the abrupt domain size transition. ..