Experts and Doctors on cyclooxygenase 2 in Ithaca, New York, United States
Locale: Ithaca, New York, United States
Topic: cyclooxygenase 2
- Wiesenberger G, Fox T. Pet127p, a membrane-associated protein involved in stability and processing of Saccharomyces cerevisiae mitochondrial RNAs. Mol Cell Biol. 1997;17:2816-24 pubmed..These findings suggest that Pet127p plays a role in RNA surveillance and/or RNA processing and that these functions may be membrane bound in yeast mitochondria. ..
- Green Willms N, Fox T, Costanzo M. Functional interactions between yeast mitochondrial ribosomes and mRNA 5' untranslated leaders. Mol Cell Biol. 1998;18:1826-34 pubmed..We propose that mitochondrial ribosomes themselves recognize a common feature of mRNA 5'-UTLs which, in conjunction with mRNA-specific translational activation, is required for organellar translation initiation. ..
- Bridges P, Komar C, Fortune J. Gonadotropin-induced expression of messenger ribonucleic acid for cyclooxygenase-2 and production of prostaglandins E and F2alpha in bovine preovulatory follicles are regulated by the progesterone receptor. Endocrinology. 2006;147:4713-22 pubmed
- Rassnick K, Njaa B. Cyclooxygenase-2 immunoreactivity in equine ocular squamous-cell carcinoma. J Vet Diagn Invest. 2007;19:436-9 pubmed..001). Strategies to inhibit COX-2 by the use of topical or systemic COX-2 inhibitors might prove to be a safe and economical treatment in some horses with SCC. ..
- Naithani S, Saracco S, Butler C, Fox T. Interactions among COX1, COX2, and COX3 mRNA-specific translational activator proteins on the inner surface of the mitochondrial inner membrane of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Biol Cell. 2003;14:324-33 pubmed..In addition, we found interactions between Nam1p/Mtf2p and the translational activators, suggesting an organized delivery of mitochondrial mRNAs to the translation system. ..
- Fiori A, Perez Martinez X, Fox T. Overexpression of the COX2 translational activator, Pet111p, prevents translation of COX1 mRNA and cytochrome c oxidase assembly in mitochondria of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Microbiol. 2005;56:1689-704 pubmed