Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on cell differentiation in Piscataway, New Jersey, United States
Locale: Piscataway, New Jersey, United States
Topic: cell differentiation
- Shen S, Li J, Casaccia Bonnefil P. Histone modifications affect timing of oligodendrocyte progenitor differentiation in the developing rat brain. J Cell Biol. 2005;169:577-89 pubmed..Together, these data identify global modifications of nucleosomal histones critical for timing of oligodendrocyte differentiation and myelination in the developing corpus callosum. ..
- Suh N, Paul S, Lee H, Yoon T, Shah N, Son A, et al. Synthetic triterpenoids, CDDO-Imidazolide and CDDO-Ethyl amide, induce chondrogenesis. Osteoarthritis Cartilage. 2012;20:446-50 pubmed publisher..This is the first report of the use of these drugs for induction of chondrogenesis. ..
- Wan L, Zhang X, Pooyan S, Palombo M, Leibowitz M, Stein S, et al. Optimizing size and copy number for PEG-fMLF (N-formyl-methionyl-leucyl-phenylalanine) nanocarrier uptake by macrophages. Bioconjug Chem. 2008;19:28-38 pubmed..The convenience, flexibility and possible limitations of this nanocarrier approach are discussed. ..
- Luo H, Jin K, Xie Z, Qiu F, Li S, Zou M, et al. Forkhead box N4 (Foxn4) activates Dll4-Notch signaling to suppress photoreceptor cell fates of early retinal progenitors. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:E553-62 pubmed publisher..Our data together define a Foxn4-mediated molecular and signaling pathway that underlies the suppression of alternative cell fates of early retinal progenitors. ..
- Yang J, Oza J, Bridges K, Chen K, Liu A. Neural differentiation and the attenuated heat shock response. Brain Res. 2008;1203:39-50 pubmed publisher..Together, our results show that neural differentiation is associated with a decreased induction of the heat shock response and an increased vulnerability to stress induced pathologies and death. ..
- Nur E Kamal A, Ahmed I, Kamal J, Schindler M, Meiners S. Three-dimensional nanofibrillar surfaces promote self-renewal in mouse embryonic stem cells. Stem Cells. 2006;24:426-33 pubmed..These results provide support for the view that the three-dimensionality of the culture surface may function as a cue for the activation of Rac and PI3K signaling pathways, resulting in stem cell proliferation and self-renewal. ..
- Das J, Ren G, Zhang L, Roberts A, Zhao X, Bothwell A, et al. Transforming growth factor beta is dispensable for the molecular orchestration of Th17 cell differentiation. J Exp Med. 2009;206:2407-16 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data provide evidence that TGF-beta is not directly required for the molecular orchestration of Th17 cell differentiation. ..
- Lee H, Habas R, Abate Shen C. MSX1 cooperates with histone H1b for inhibition of transcription and myogenesis. Science. 2004;304:1675-8 pubmed..Our findings define a previously unknown function for "linker" histones in gene-specific transcriptional regulation. ..
- Moore R, Cherry J, Mathur V, Cohen R, Grumet M, Moghe P. E-cadherin-expressing feeder cells promote neural lineage restriction of human embryonic stem cells. Stem Cells Dev. 2012;21:30-41 pubmed publisher..By providing hESCs with molecular cues to promote differentiation, we are able to utilize a specific cell-cell adhesion molecule, E-cadherin, to influence the nature and degree of neural specialization. ..
- Moore R, Moghe P. Expedited growth factor-mediated specification of human embryonic stem cells toward the hepatic lineage. Stem Cell Res. 2009;3:51-62 pubmed publisher..This directed differentiation of adherent hESCs offers an efficient process to produce hepatocyte-like cells in vitro for hepatocyte differentiation studies and organotypic cultures for diagnostic and therapeutic applications. ..
- Van t Veer A, Du Y, Fischer T, Boetig D, Wood M, Dreyfus C. Brain-derived neurotrophic factor effects on oligodendrocyte progenitors of the basal forebrain are mediated through trkB and the MAP kinase pathway. J Neurosci Res. 2009;87:69-78 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that BDNF affects OPC proliferation and development through the mediation of trkB and the MAPK pathway. ..
- Thakker Varia S, Krol J, Nettleton J, Bilimoria P, Bangasser D, Shors T, et al. The neuropeptide VGF produces antidepressant-like behavioral effects and enhances proliferation in the hippocampus. J Neurosci. 2007;27:12156-67 pubmed..Thus, VGF may act downstream of BDNF and exert its effects as an antidepressant-like agent by enhancing neurogenesis in the hippocampus. ..
- Lyu Y, Lin C, Azarova A, Cai L, Wang J, Liu L. Role of topoisomerase IIbeta in the expression of developmentally regulated genes. Mol Cell Biol. 2006;26:7929-41 pubmed..Together, these results support a role of TopIIbeta in activation/repression of developmentally regulated genes at late stages of neuronal differentiation. ..
- Wilson D, Polunas M, Zhou R, Halladay A, Lowndes H, Reuhl K. Methylmercury alters Eph and ephrin expression during neuronal differentiation of P19 embryonal carcinoma cells. Neurotoxicology. 2005;26:661-74 pubmed..0 microM concentration. Alterations in the Eph/ephrin family of repulsion molecules may represent an important mechanism in developmental MeHg neurotoxicity. ..
- He Y, Dupree J, Wang J, Sandoval J, Li J, Liu H, et al. The transcription factor Yin Yang 1 is essential for oligodendrocyte progenitor differentiation. Neuron. 2007;55:217-30 pubmed..Thus, we identify YY1 as an essential component of the transcriptional network regulating the transition of oligodendrocyte progenitors from cell cycle exit to differentiation. ..
- Reddy B, Rauskolb C, Irvine K. Influence of fat-hippo and notch signaling on the proliferation and differentiation of Drosophila optic neuroepithelia. Development. 2010;137:2397-408 pubmed publisher..This characterization of Fat-Hippo signaling in neuroepithelial growth and differentiation also provides insights into the potential roles of Yes-associated protein in vertebrate neural development and medullablastoma. ..
- FIELDS M, Bowrey H, Gong J, Moreira E, Cai H, Del Priore L. Extracellular matrix nitration alters growth factor release and activates bioactive complement in human retinal pigment epithelial cells. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0177763 pubmed publisher..This model demonstrates changes seen in the basement membrane can lead to alterations in the cell biology of the RPE cells that may be related to the development of age-related macular degeneration. ..
- Moore J, Atze K, Yeung P, Toro Ramos A, Camarillo C, Thompson K, et al. Efficient, high-throughput transfection of human embryonic stem cells. Stem Cell Res Ther. 2010;1:23 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that these electroporation methods provide a reliable, efficient, and high-throughput approach to the genetic manipulation of hESC. ..
- Gao P, Yue Y, Zhang J, Cerretti D, Levitt P, Zhou R. Regulation of thalamic neurite outgrowth by the Eph ligand ephrin-A5: implications in the development of thalamocortical projections. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1998;95:5329-34 pubmed
- GRAY A, Marrero Berrios I, Weinberg J, Manchikalapati D, SchianodiCola J, Schloss R, et al. The effect of local anesthetic on pro-inflammatory macrophage modulation by mesenchymal stromal cells. Int Immunopharmacol. 2016;33:48-54 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the LA effect on MSC function may persist even after LA removal. ..
- Alder J, Kramer B, Hoskin C, Thakker Varia S. Brain-derived neurotrophic factor produced by human umbilical tissue-derived cells is required for its effect on hippocampal dendritic differentiation. Dev Neurobiol. 2012;72:755-65 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that hUTC secrete biologically active BDNF, which can affect dendritic morphology. ..
- Li S, Harrison D, Carbonetto S, Fassler R, Smyth N, Edgar D, et al. Matrix assembly, regulation, and survival functions of laminin and its receptors in embryonic stem cell differentiation. J Cell Biol. 2002;157:1279-90 pubmed
- Yu K, McGlynn S, Matise M. Floor plate-derived sonic hedgehog regulates glial and ependymal cell fates in the developing spinal cord. Development. 2013;140:1594-604 pubmed publisher..Together, our studies identify a crucial late embryonic role for Shh(FP) in regulating the specification and differentiation of glial and epithelial cells in the mouse spinal cord. ..
- Vondran M, Clinton Luke P, Honeywell J, Dreyfus C. BDNF+/- mice exhibit deficits in oligodendrocyte lineage cells of the basal forebrain. Glia. 2010;58:848-56 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that progenitor cells and myelin proteins may be affected in vivo by a decrease in BDNF. ..
- Polunas M, Halladay A, Tjalkens R, Philbert M, LOWNDES H, Reuhl K. Role of oxidative stress and the mitochondrial permeability transition in methylmercury cytotoxicity. Neurotoxicology. 2011;32:526-34 pubmed publisher..Cyt c release was also more extensive in neurons, with less protection afforded by CsA. These data indicate that neuronal differentiation state influences mitochondrial transition pore dynamics and MeHg-stimulated production of ROS. ..
- Kozak M. Rethinking some mechanisms invoked to explain translational regulation in eukaryotes. Gene. 2006;382:1-11 pubmed..Unanswered questions about the IRESs themselves have to be resolved before they can be used confidently as tools. ..
- Duncan M, Dicicco Bloom E, Xiang X, Benezra R, Chada K. The gene for the helix-loop-helix protein, Id, is specifically expressed in neural precursors. Dev Biol. 1992;154:1-10 pubmed..Since Id transcript abundance inversely correlated with differentiation, this protein, similar to its Drosophila homolog, extramacrochaetae, may play a negative regulatory role in neural differentiation. ..
- Fong D, Yeh A, Naftalovich R, Choi T, Chan M. Curcumin inhibits the side population (SP) phenotype of the rat C6 glioma cell line: towards targeting of cancer stem cells with phytochemicals. Cancer Lett. 2010;293:65-72 pubmed publisher..Direct incubation of curcumin to C6 cells during the Hoechst assay also decreased SP. Since SP has been associated with stem cell populations, curcumin may be a dietary phytochemical with potential to target cancer stem cells. ..
- Yue X, Dreyfus C, Kong T, Zhou R. A subset of signal transduction pathways is required for hippocampal growth cone collapse induced by ephrin-A5. Dev Neurobiol. 2008;68:1269-86 pubmed publisher..These observations indicate that only a subset of signal transduction pathways is required for ephrin-A5-induced growth cone collapse. ..
- Tian Y, Lei L, Minden A. A key role for Pak4 in proliferation and differentiation of neural progenitor cells. Dev Biol. 2011;353:206-16 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that Pak4 plays a critical role in the regulation of neural progenitor cell proliferation and in establishing the foundation for development of the adult brain. ..
- Minakhina S, Steward R. Hematopoietic stem cells in Drosophila. Development. 2010;137:27-31 pubmed publisher..Zfrp8/PDCD2 is likely to have similar functions in hematopoietic stem cell maintenance in vertebrates. ..
- Shors T, Miesegaes G, Beylin A, Zhao M, Rydel T, Gould E. Neurogenesis in the adult is involved in the formation of trace memories. Nature. 2001;410:372-6 pubmed..These results indicate that newly generated neurons in the adult are not only affected by the formation of a hippocampal-dependent memory, but also participate in it...
- Li X, Qin L, Bergenstock M, Bevelock L, Novack D, Partridge N. Parathyroid hormone stimulates osteoblastic expression of MCP-1 to recruit and increase the fusion of pre/osteoclasts. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:33098-106 pubmed..This information provides a rationale for increased osteoclast activity in the anabolic effects of PTH in addition to receptor activator of NF-kappaB ligand stimulation to initiate greater bone remodeling. ..
- Bendall A, Ding J, Hu G, Shen M, Abate Shen C. Msx1 antagonizes the myogenic activity of Pax3 in migrating limb muscle precursors. Development. 1999;126:4965-76 pubmed..Our results implicate functional antagonism through competitive protein-protein interactions as a mechanism for regulating the differentiation state of migrating cells. ..
- Li S, Yurchenco P. Matrix assembly, cell polarization, and cell survival: analysis of peri-implantation development with cultured embryonic stem cells. Methods Mol Biol. 2006;329:113-25 pubmed
- Marcus A, Woodbury D. Fetal stem cells from extra-embryonic tissues: do not discard. J Cell Mol Med. 2008;12:730-42 pubmed publisher..In this review we summarize recent work examining the plasticity and clinical potential of fetal stem cells isolated from extra-embryonic tissues...
- Wu D, Seita Y, Zhang X, Lu C, Roth M. Antibody-directed lentiviral gene transduction for live-cell monitoring and selection of human iPS and hES cells. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e34778 pubmed publisher..The ability to specifically target gene delivery to human pluripotent stem cells has broad applications in tissue engineering and stem cell therapies. ..
- Lei Q, Zelman A, Kuang E, Li S, Matise M. Transduction of graded Hedgehog signaling by a combination of Gli2 and Gli3 activator functions in the developing spinal cord. Development. 2004;131:3593-604 pubmed..Thus, multiple ventral neuronal types can develop in the absence of Gli function, but require balanced Gli protein activities for their correct patterning and differentiation. ..
- Bhatia Gaur R, Donjacour A, Sciavolino P, Kim M, Desai N, Young P, et al. Roles for Nkx3.1 in prostate development and cancer. Genes Dev. 1999;13:966-77 pubmed..The Nkx3.1 mutant mice provide a unique animal model for examining the relationship between normal prostate differentiation and early stages of prostate carcinogenesis. ..
- Xiang M, Gao W, Hasson T, Shin J. Requirement for Brn-3c in maturation and survival, but not in fate determination of inner ear hair cells. Development. 1998;125:3935-46 pubmed..These data indicate a crucial role for Brn-3c in maturation, survival and migration of hair cells, but not in proliferation or commitment of hair cell progenitors. ..
- Doh S, Hao H, Loh S, Patel T, Tawil H, Chen D, et al. Analysis of retinal cell development in chick embryo by immunohistochemistry and in ovo electroporation techniques. BMC Dev Biol. 2010;10:8 pubmed publisher..These data provide more complete information on retinal cell development, and they can serve as a reference for the investigations in normal retinal development and diseases. ..
- Shen S, Sandoval J, Swiss V, Li J, Dupree J, Franklin R, et al. Age-dependent epigenetic control of differentiation inhibitors is critical for remyelination efficiency. Nat Neurosci. 2008;11:1024-34 pubmed publisher..Thus, we suggest that inefficient epigenetic modulation of the oligodendrocyte differentiation program contributes to the age-dependent decline in remyelination efficiency. ..
- Cai C, Masumiya H, Weisleder N, Pan Z, Nishi M, Komazaki S, et al. MG53 regulates membrane budding and exocytosis in muscle cells. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:3314-22 pubmed publisher..Co-expression studies indicated that MG53 activity is regulated by a functional interaction with caveolin-3. Our data reveal a new function for TRIM family proteins in regulating membrane trafficking and fusion in striated muscles. ..
- Wallenstein E, Barminko J, Schloss R, Yarmush M. Transient gene delivery for functional enrichment of differentiating embryonic stem cells. Biotechnol Bioeng. 2008;101:859-72 pubmed publisher..And engineering cellular systems without making permanent gene changes will be critical for the generation of clinically acceptable cellular material in the future. ..
- Li H, Grumet M. BMP and LIF signaling coordinately regulate lineage restriction of radial glia in the developing forebrain. Glia. 2007;55:24-35 pubmed..Taken together, these results suggest that generation of lineage-restricted precursors is coordinately regulated by gradients of the secreted factors BMPs and LIF/CNTF during development of dorsal forebrain. ..
- Minakhina S, Druzhinina M, Steward R. Zfrp8, the Drosophila ortholog of PDCD2, functions in lymph gland development and controls cell proliferation. Development. 2007;134:2387-96 pubmed..The overproliferation of cells in the lymph gland results in abnormal hemocyte differentiation. ..
- Woodbury D, Schwarz E, Prockop D, Black I. Adult rat and human bone marrow stromal cells differentiate into neurons. J Neurosci Res. 2000;61:364-70 pubmed..Consequently, adult marrow stromal cells can be induced to overcome their mesenchymal commitment and may constitute an abundant and accessible cellular reservoir for the treatment of a variety of neurologic diseases. ..
- Morgan D, Mzhavia N, Peng B, Pan H, Devi L, Pintar J. Embryonic gene expression and pro-protein processing of proSAAS during rodent development. J Neurochem. 2005;93:1454-62 pubmed..Processed forms of proSAAS are present by at least mid-gestation with marked accumulation of two C-terminal forms, comprising the PC1 inhibitory fragment of proSAAS. ..
- Yabut O, Domogauer J, D ARCANGELO G. Dyrk1A overexpression inhibits proliferation and induces premature neuronal differentiation of neural progenitor cells. J Neurosci. 2010;30:4004-14 pubmed publisher..This study identifies specific Dyrk1A-induced mechanisms that disrupt the normal process of corticogenesis and possibly contribute to cognitive impairment observed in DS patients and animal models. ..
- Decker A, McNeill M, Lambert A, Overton J, Chen Y, Lorca R, et al. Abnormal differentiation of dopaminergic neurons in zebrafish trpm7 mutant larvae impairs development of the motor pattern. Dev Biol. 2014;386:428-39 pubmed publisher..In summary, a forward genetic screen in zebrafish has revealed that both melanocytes and dopaminergic neurons depend on the ion channel Trpm7. The mechanistic underpinning of this dependence requires further investigation. ..
- Lee H, Ragusano L, Martinez A, Gill J, Dimova D. A dual role for the dREAM/MMB complex in the regulation of differentiation-specific E2F/RB target genes. Mol Cell Biol. 2012;32:2110-20 pubmed publisher..First, it is required for the stability of the repressive dE2F2/RBF complexes at their promoters during S phase. Second, we find that dREAM is indispensable for both transcriptional repression mechanisms employed at these genes. ..
- Yamakita Y, Matsumura F, Lipscomb M, Chou P, Werlen G, Burkhardt J, et al. Fascin1 promotes cell migration of mature dendritic cells. J Immunol. 2011;186:2850-9 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that fascin1 positively regulates migration of mature DCs into lymph nodes, most likely by increasing dynamics of membrane protrusions, as well as by disassembling podosomes. ..
- Qiu F, Jiang H, Xiang M. A comprehensive negative regulatory program controlled by Brn3b to ensure ganglion cell specification from multipotential retinal precursors. J Neurosci. 2008;28:3392-403 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that Brn3b specifies the RGC fate from multipotential precursors not only by promoting RGC differentiation but also by suppressing non-RGC differentiation programs as a safeguard mechanism. ..
- Qin L, Tamasi J, Raggatt L, Li X, Feyen J, Lee D, et al. Amphiregulin is a novel growth factor involved in normal bone development and in the cellular response to parathyroid hormone stimulation. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:3974-81 pubmed..Moreover, AR null mice displayed significantly less tibial trabecular bone than wild-type mice. Taken together, we have identified a novel growth factor that is PTH-regulated and appears to have an important role in bone metabolism. ..
- Misra K, Mishra K, Gui H, Matise M. Prox1 regulates a transitory state for interneuron neurogenesis in the spinal cord. Dev Dyn. 2008;237:393-402 pubmed publisher..Our studies demonstrate an important, spinal interneuron-specific role for Prox1 in controlling steps required for both cell-cycle withdrawal and differentiation. ..
- Babiarz B, Romagnano L, Afonso S, Kurila G. Localization and expression of fibronectin during mouse decidualization in vitro: mechanisms of cell:matrix interactions. Dev Dyn. 1996;206:330-42 pubmed..This work shows that during decidual matrix remodeling, constitutive levels of FN are maintained to provide an extracellular framework to stabilize the decidual cytoskeleton and support morphological differentiation of decidual cells. ..
- SANTIAGO MARTINEZ E, Soplop N, Patel R, Kramer S. Repulsion by Slit and Roundabout prevents Shotgun/E-cadherin-mediated cell adhesion during Drosophila heart tube lumen formation. J Cell Biol. 2008;182:241-8 pubmed publisher..Our data show that Slit and Robo pathways function in lumen formation as a repulsive signal to antagonize E-Cad-mediated cell adhesion. ..
- Ma J, Gunderson S, Phillips C. Non-snRNP U1A levels decrease during mammalian B-cell differentiation and release the IgM secretory poly(A) site from repression. RNA. 2006;12:122-32 pubmed
- Liu Z, Xie T, Steward R. Lis1, the Drosophila homolog of a human lissencephaly disease gene, is required for germline cell division and oocyte differentiation. Development. 1999;126:4477-88 pubmed..They support the notion that LIS1 functions with the dynein complex to regulate nuclear migration or cell migration. ..
- Yan Y, Stein S, Ding J, Shen M, Abate Shen C. A novel PF/PN motif inhibits nuclear localization and DNA binding activity of the ESX1 homeoprotein. Mol Cell Biol. 2000;20:661-71 pubmed
- Xiang M. Requirement for Brn-3b in early differentiation of postmitotic retinal ganglion cell precursors. Dev Biol. 1998;197:155-69 pubmed
- McKinnon R, Piras G, Ida J, Dubois Dalcq M. A role for TGF-beta in oligodendrocyte differentiation. J Cell Biol. 1993;121:1397-407 pubmed..Moreover, our results suggest that TGF-beta may be an important mediator of oligodendrocyte differentiation. ..
- Kuzmichev A, Margueron R, Vaquero A, Preissner T, Scher M, Kirmizis A, et al. Composition and histone substrates of polycomb repressive group complexes change during cellular differentiation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:1859-64 pubmed..These findings suggest that formation of a transformation-specific PRC complex may have a major role in resetting patterns of gene expression by regulating chromatin structure. ..
- Li H, Kulkarni G, Wadsworth W. RPM-1, a Caenorhabditis elegans protein that functions in presynaptic differentiation, negatively regulates axon outgrowth by controlling SAX-3/robo and UNC-5/UNC5 activity. J Neurosci. 2008;28:3595-603 pubmed publisher..Together, the results suggest that RPM-1 regulates axon outgrowth affecting axon guidance and termination by controlling the trafficking of the UNC-5 and SAX-3 receptors to cell membranes. ..
- Yuan Z, Shi Y. Chloramphenicol induces abnormal differentiation and inhibits apoptosis in activated T cells. Cancer Res. 2008;68:4875-81 pubmed publisher..Our findings show that abnormal cell differentiation and inhibition of apoptosis may contribute to the development of leukemia associated with clinical applications of chloramphenicol...
- Jiao X, Chen H, Chen J, Herrup K, Firestein B, Kiledjian M. Modulation of neuritogenesis by a protein implicated in X-linked mental retardation. J Neurosci. 2009;29:12419-27 pubmed publisher..It is plausible that defects of these functions in the absence of the VCX genes could contribute to a mental retardation phenotype. ..
- Kwok S, Qin L, Partridge N, Selvamurugan N. Parathyroid hormone stimulation and PKA signaling of latent transforming growth factor-beta binding protein-1 (LTBP-1) mRNA expression in osteoblastic cells. J Cell Biochem. 2005;95:1002-11 pubmed..Overall, we demonstrate here that PTH stimulates LTBP-1 mRNA expression in osteoblastic cells and this is PKA-dependent. This event may be important for PTH action via TGF-beta in bone remodeling. ..
- Li B, Dicicco Bloom E. Basic fibroblast growth factor exhibits dual and rapid regulation of cyclin D1 and p27 to stimulate proliferation of rat cerebral cortical precursors. Dev Neurosci. 2004;26:197-207 pubmed..However, in addition to increased D1 cyclin, we unexpectedly detected a 75% reduction in p27KIP1 protein at 8 h, suggesting that both pro- and antimitogenic regulators are targets of extracellular mitogens during brain development. ..
- Crockett D, Burshteyn M, Garcia C, Muggironi M, Casaccia Bonnefil P. Number of oligodendrocyte progenitors recruited to the lesioned spinal cord is modulated by the levels of the cell cycle regulatory protein p27Kip-1. Glia. 2005;49:301-8 pubmed..We conclude that the cellular levels of the cell cycle inhibitor p27Kip-1 modulate the repair response of OLPs to injury in the adult spinal cord. ..
- Tury A, Mairet Coello G, Dicicco Bloom E. The cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor p57Kip2 regulates cell cycle exit, differentiation, and migration of embryonic cerebral cortical precursors. Cereb Cortex. 2011;21:1840-56 pubmed publisher..These observations suggest p57(Kip2) coordinates multiple stages of corticogenesis and exhibits distinct and common activities compared with related family member p27(Kip1). ..
- Wang S, Hsu S. Immunological characterization of exocyst complex subunits in cell differentiation. Hybrid Hybridomics. 2003;22:159-64 pubmed..In the future, these antibodies should be useful in the cell biological and functional analysis of the exocyst complex under physiological and pathological conditions. ..
- Previtera M, Hui M, Verma D, Shahin A, Schloss R, Langrana N. The effects of substrate elastic modulus on neural precursor cell behavior. Ann Biomed Eng. 2013;41:1193-207 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, this information can be applied to the development of future neuroregenerative biomaterials for spinal cord repair. ..
- Liu A, Stadelmann C, Moscarello M, Bruck W, Sobel A, Mastronardi F, et al. Expression of stathmin, a developmentally controlled cytoskeleton-regulating molecule, in demyelinating disorders. J Neurosci. 2005;25:737-47 pubmed..On one hand, by favoring the migratory phenotype of progenitors, it may promote myelin repair. On the other hand, stathmin in mature OLs may indicate cell stress and possibly affect survival. ..
- Vega I, Hsu S. The septin protein Nedd5 associates with both the exocyst complex and microtubules and disruption of its GTPase activity promotes aberrant neurite sprouting in PC12 cells. Neuroreport. 2003;14:31-7 pubmed..Taken together, these findings suggest that Nedd5 may be required for polarized neurite outgrowth, perhaps, by facilitating the exocyst complex function during neuronal differentiation. ..
- Mo Z, Li S, Yang X, Xiang M. Role of the Barhl2 homeobox gene in the specification of glycinergic amacrine cells. Development. 2004;131:1607-18 pubmed..Taken together, our data suggest that Barhl2 may function to specify the identity of glycinergic amacrine cells from competent progenitors during retinogenesis. ..
- Marin Husstege M, He Y, Li J, Kondo T, Sablitzky F, Casaccia Bonnefil P. Multiple roles of Id4 in developmental myelination: predicted outcomes and unexpected findings. Glia. 2006;54:285-96 pubmed..These data support the role of Id4 as oligodendrocyte differentiation inhibitor with the ability to differentially regulate the expression and subcellular distribution of myelin gene products. ..
- Gui H, Li S, Matise M. A cell-autonomous requirement for Cip/Kip cyclin-kinase inhibitors in regulating neuronal cell cycle exit but not differentiation in the developing spinal cord. Dev Biol. 2007;301:14-26 pubmed
- Huang C, Hall D, Hedgecock E, Kao G, Karantza V, Vogel B, et al. Laminin alpha subunits and their role in C. elegans development. Development. 2003;130:3343-58 pubmed..We propose this supramolecular architecture regulates adhesions and signaling between adjacent tissues. ..