Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on carrier proteins in Staten Island, New York, United States
Locale: Staten Island, New York, United States
Topic: carrier proteins
- Yang S, He X, Styles J, Luo M, Schulz H, Elzinga M. Primary structure of the large subunit of trifunctional beta-oxidation complex from pig heart mitochondria. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1994;198:431-7 pubmed
- Ziemnicka Kotula D, Xu J, Gu H, Potempska A, Kim K, Jenkins E, et al. Identification of a candidate human spectrin Src homology 3 domain-binding protein suggests a general mechanism of association of tyrosine kinases with the spectrin-based membrane skeleton. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:13681-92 pubmed..Based on the conservation of the spectrin SH3 binding site within members of this protein family and published interactions, a general mechanism of interactions of tyrosine kinases with the spectrin-based membrane skeleton is proposed. ..
- Frackowiak J, Mazur Kolecka B, Kaczmarski W, Dickson D. Deposition of Alzheimer's vascular amyloid-beta is associated with decreased expression of brain L-3-hydroxyacyl-coenzyme A dehydrogenase (ERAB). Brain Res. 2001;907:44-53 pubmed..Explanation of the association between low levels of HADH and deposition of Abeta by brain smooth muscle cells requires further studies. ..
- Murakami N, Bolton D, Hwang Y. Dyrk1A binds to multiple endocytic proteins required for formation of clathrin-coated vesicles. Biochemistry. 2009;48:9297-305 pubmed publisher..Multiple proteins apparently distinctive from the known substrates were phosphorylated in the brain CCV. Our findings suggest a role for Dyrk1A in controlling synaptic vesicle recycling processes. ..
- Wang X, Blanchard J, Kohlbrenner E, Clement N, Linden R, Radu A, et al. The carboxy-terminal fragment of inhibitor-2 of protein phosphatase-2A induces Alzheimer disease pathology and cognitive impairment. FASEB J. 2010;24:4420-32 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest a novel etiopathogenic mechanism of AD, which is initiated by the cleavage of I(2)(PP2A), producing I(2CTF), and describe a novel disease-relevant nontransgenic animal model of AD. ..
- Xu J, Ziemnicka D, Merz G, Kotula L. Human spectrin Src homology 3 domain binding protein 1 regulates macropinocytosis in NIH 3T3 cells. J Cell Sci. 2000;113 Pt 21:3805-14 pubmed..In the macropinosomes of NIH 3T3 cells, Hssh3bp1 associates with a 200-kDa protein that crossreacts with a monoclonal antibody to the erythroid alpha-spectrin SH3 domain. Thus macropinosomes in cells may contain a spectrin-like protein. ..
- Chen Hwang M, Chen H, Elzinga M, Hwang Y. Dynamin is a minibrain kinase/dual specificity Yak1-related kinase 1A substrate. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:17597-604 pubmed..The interactions of dynamin with amphiphysin and endophilin are essential for the formation of endocytic complexes; our results suggest that Mnbk/Dyrk1A may function as a regulator controlling the assembly of endocytic apparatus. ..