Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on apoptosis in Piscataway, New Jersey, United States
Locale: Piscataway, New Jersey, United States
Publications134 found, 100 shown here
- BAERGA R, Zhang Y, Chen P, Goldman S, Jin S. Targeted deletion of autophagy-related 5 (atg5) impairs adipogenesis in a cellular model and in mice. Autophagy. 2009;5:1118-30 pubmed..Taken together, these findings demonstrated that Atg5 is involved in normal adipocyte differentiation, suggesting an important role of autophagy in adipogenesis. ..
- Zheng X, Cui X, Gao Z, Verano M, Huang M, Liu Y, et al. Effects of 12-O-tetradecanoylphorbol-13-acetate in combination with gemcitabine on Panc-1 pancreatic cancer cells cultured in vitro or Panc-1 tumors grown in immunodeficient mice. Int J Oncol. 2012;41:2269-75 pubmed publisher..Clinical trials with TPA alone or in combination with gemcitabine on patients with pancreatic cancer are warranted in order to confirm our results. ..
- Xu H, Zhou X, Wen X, Lauer F, Liu K, Hudson L, et al. Environmentally Relevant Concentrations of Arsenite Induce Dose-Dependent Differential Genotoxicity Through Poly(ADP-Ribose) Polymerase Inhibition and Oxidative Stress in Mouse Thymus Cells. Toxicol Sci. 2016;149:31-41 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results demonstrate that As(+3) at doses within the nanomolar range induce genotoxicity by inhibiting PARP, and produces oxidative stress at higher concentrations, which can be reversed by a Zn(+2) treatment. ..
- Yu W, Gowda M, Sharad Y, Singh S, Sesti F. Oxidation of KCNB1 potassium channels triggers apoptotic integrin signaling in the brain. Cell Death Dis. 2017;8:e2737 pubmed publisher..KCNB1 oxidation may favor integrin clustering, thereby facilitating the recruitment and activation of FAK and Src/Fyn kinases. ..
- Zheng X, Cui X, Huang M, Liu Y, Wagner G, Lin Y, et al. Inhibition of progression of androgen-dependent prostate LNCaP tumors to androgen independence in SCID mice by oral caffeine and voluntary exercise. Nutr Cancer. 2012;64:1029-37 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that oral administration of caffeine in combination with voluntary exercise may be an effective strategy for the prevention of prostate cancer progression from androgen dependence to androgen independence. ..
- Cuconati A, White E. Viral homologs of BCL-2: role of apoptosis in the regulation of virus infection. Genes Dev. 2002;16:2465-78 pubmed
- Yuan Z, Wang R, Solomon J, Luo X, Sun H, Zhang L, et al. Identification and characterization of survival-related gene, a novel cell survival gene controlling apoptosis and tumorigenesis. Cancer Res. 2005;65:10716-24 pubmed..Our results show that SRG is a novel cell survival gene that critically controls apoptosis and tumor formation. ..
- Wang K, Denhardt D. Osteopontin: role in immune regulation and stress responses. Cytokine Growth Factor Rev. 2008;19:333-45 pubmed publisher..Manipulation of plasma OPN levels may be useful in the treatment of autoimmune disease, cancer metastasis, osteoporosis and some forms of stress. ..
- Chen H, Su L, GonzÃ¡lez PagÃ¡n O, Overton J, Runnels L. A key role for Mg(2+) in TRPM7's control of ROS levels during cell stress. Biochem J. 2012;445:441-8 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data uncover an essential role for Mg(2+) in TRPM7's control of cell survival and in the regulation of cellular ROS levels. ..
- Sunil V, Patel Vayas K, Shen J, Laskin J, Laskin D. Classical and alternative macrophage activation in the lung following ozone-induced oxidative stress. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2012;263:195-202 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that both proinflammatory/cytotoxic and anti-inflammatory/wound repair macrophages are activated early in the response to ozone-induced oxidative stress and tissue injury. ..
- Zheng X, Chang R, Cui X, Avila G, Lee S, Lu Y, et al. Inhibitory effect of 12-O-tetradecanoylphorbol-13-acetate alone or in combination with all-trans-retinoic acid on the growth of LNCaP prostate tumors in immunodeficient mice. Cancer Res. 2004;64:1811-20 pubmed..Because the dose of TPA used in this study was effective and resulted in clinically achievable blood levels, clinical trials with TPA alone or in combination with ATRA in patients with prostate cancer may be warranted. ..
- Renganathan H, Vaidyanathan H, Knapinska A, Ramos J. Phosphorylation of PEA-15 switches its binding specificity from ERK/MAPK to FADD. Biochem J. 2005;390:729-35 pubmed..We propose that phosphorylation of PEA-15 acts as the switch that controls whether PEA-15 influences proliferation or apoptosis. ..
- Junn E, Taniguchi H, Jeong B, Zhao X, Ichijo H, Mouradian M. Interaction of DJ-1 with Daxx inhibits apoptosis signal-regulating kinase 1 activity and cell death. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:9691-6 pubmed..These findings suggest that the regulated sequestration of Daxx in the nucleus and keeping apoptosis signal-regulating kinase 1 activation in check is a critical mechanism by which DJ-1 exerts its cytoprotective function. ..
- Pakunlu R, Wang Y, Saad M, Khandare J, Starovoytov V, Minko T. In vitro and in vivo intracellular liposomal delivery of antisense oligonucleotides and anticancer drug. J Control Release. 2006;114:153-62 pubmed..Simultaneous suppression of pump and nonpump resistance dramatically enhanced the ability of DOX for inducing apoptosis leading to higher in vitro cytotoxicity and in vivo antitumor activity. ..
- Xu G, Zhang Y, Zhang L, Ren G, Shi Y. The role of IL-6 in inhibition of lymphocyte apoptosis by mesenchymal stem cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;361:745-50 pubmed..Consequently, we found that the expression of IL-6 by MSCs was augmented by contact with lymphocytes. Taken together, these results demonstrate that IL-6 plays an important role in the inhibition of lymphocyte apoptosis by MSCs. ..
- Zachow R, Uzumcu M. The hepatocyte growth factor system as a regulator of female and male gonadal function. J Endocrinol. 2007;195:359-71 pubmed..This review presents what is currently known regarding the expression of the HGF system and its function within the ovary and testis. ..
- Conney A, Kramata P, Lou Y, Lu Y. Effect of caffeine on UVB-induced carcinogenesis, apoptosis, and the elimination of UVB-induced patches of p53 mutant epidermal cells in SKH-1 mice. Photochem Photobiol. 2008;84:330-8 pubmed publisher..Our studies indicate that caffeine and caffeine sodium benzoate may be useful as novel inhibitors of sunlight-induced skin cancer. ..
- Joseph L, Heck D, Cervelli J, Composto G, Babin M, Casillas R, et al. Structural changes in hair follicles and sebaceous glands of hairless mice following exposure to sulfur mustard. Exp Mol Pathol. 2014;96:316-27 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that hair follicles and sebaceous glands are targets for SM in the skin. ..
- Morris E, Geller H. Induction of neuronal apoptosis by camptothecin, an inhibitor of DNA topoisomerase-I: evidence for cell cycle-independent toxicity. J Cell Biol. 1996;134:757-70 pubmed..We suggest a model based on transcriptionally mediated DNA damage, a novel mechanism of action of topo-I poisons. ..
- Degenhardt K, Sundararajan R, Lindsten T, Thompson C, White E. Bax and Bak independently promote cytochrome C release from mitochondria. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:14127-34 pubmed..Thus, either Bax or Bak is required for death signaling through mitochondria in response to TNF-alpha, but both are dispensable for p53-dependent transformation inhibition. ..
- Schwerk C, Prasad J, Degenhardt K, Erdjument Bromage H, White E, Tempst P, et al. ASAP, a novel protein complex involved in RNA processing and apoptosis. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:2981-90 pubmed..Importantly, after induction of apoptosis the ASAP complex disassembles. Taken together, our results suggest an important role for the ASAP complexes in linking RNA processing and apoptosis. ..
- Li M, Stollar V. Alphaviruses and apoptosis. Int Rev Immunol. 2004;23:7-24 pubmed..Experimental results point to the involvement of both the mitochondrial and the death receptor pathways. To date, there are no reports implicating the ER stress pathway. ..
- Liu A, Stadelmann C, Moscarello M, Bruck W, Sobel A, Mastronardi F, et al. Expression of stathmin, a developmentally controlled cytoskeleton-regulating molecule, in demyelinating disorders. J Neurosci. 2005;25:737-47 pubmed..On one hand, by favoring the migratory phenotype of progenitors, it may promote myelin repair. On the other hand, stathmin in mature OLs may indicate cell stress and possibly affect survival. ..
- Barve A, Khor T, Hao X, Keum Y, Yang C, Reddy B, et al. Murine prostate cancer inhibition by dietary phytochemicals--curcumin and phenyethylisothiocyanate. Pharm Res. 2008;25:2181-9 pubmed publisher..Our data lucidly evidence the chemopreventive merits of dietary phytochemicals curcumin and PEITC in suppressing prostate adenocarcinoma. ..
- Cheung K, Kong A. Molecular targets of dietary phenethyl isothiocyanate and sulforaphane for cancer chemoprevention. AAPS J. 2010;12:87-97 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we will also discuss the similarities and their potential differences in the regulation of these molecular targets by PEITC and SFN. ..
- Sokolowski K, Falluel Morel A, Zhou X, Dicicco Bloom E. Methylmercury (MeHg) elicits mitochondrial-dependent apoptosis in developing hippocampus and acts at low exposures. Neurotoxicology. 2011;32:535-44 pubmed publisher..6 ?g/g) than previously reported. Thus mitochondrial-dependent cell death in the hippocampus may serve as a sensitive index for teratogenic insults to the developing brain. ..
- Han J, Sabbatini P, White E. Induction of apoptosis by human Nbk/Bik, a BH3-containing protein that interacts with E1B 19K. Mol Cell Biol. 1996;16:5857-64 pubmed..Nbk may therefore represent a novel death regulator which contains only a BH3 that interacts with and antagonizes apoptosis inhibitors such as the E1B 19K protein. ..
- Geller H, Cheng K, Goldsmith N, Romero A, Zhang A, Morris E, et al. Oxidative stress mediates neuronal DNA damage and apoptosis in response to cytosine arabinoside. J Neurochem. 2001;78:265-75 pubmed..These observations suggest the use of antioxidant therapies to reduce neurotoxicity in AraC chemotherapeutic regimens. ..
- Liao J, Yang G, Park E, Meng X, Sun Y, Jia D, et al. Inhibition of lung carcinogenesis and effects on angiogenesis and apoptosis in A/J mice by oral administration of green tea. Nutr Cancer. 2004;48:44-53 pubmed..1.57 +/- 0.11%, P = 0.00005), and the result was further confirmed using the TUNEL method. Inhibition of angiogenesis and the induction of apoptosis by green tea may be closely related to the inhibition of pulmonary carcinogenesis. ..
- Sur R, Ramos J. Vanishin is a novel ubiquitinylated death-effector domain protein that blocks ERK activation. Biochem J. 2005;387:315-24 pubmed..Moreover, Vanishin expression inhibits ERK activation and ERK-dependent transcription in cells, but does not alter MAPK/ERK activity. Therefore Vanishin is a novel regulator of ERK that is controlled by ubiquitinylation. ..
- Dharap S, Wang Y, Chandna P, Khandare J, Qiu B, Gunaseelan S, et al. Tumor-specific targeting of an anticancer drug delivery system by LHRH peptide. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:12962-7 pubmed
- Xiao G. Autophagy and NF-kappaB: fight for fate. Cytokine Growth Factor Rev. 2007;18:233-43 pubmed..We also list some most intriguing and outstanding questions that are likely to engage researchers in the near future. ..
- Cheung K, Khor T, Yu S, Kong A. PEITC induces G1 cell cycle arrest on HT-29 cells through the activation of p38 MAPK signaling pathway. AAPS J. 2008;10:277-81 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, this study shows for the first time that PEITC can arrest HT-29 cells in G1 phase by down-regulation of cyclins through the activation of p38 MAPK signaling pathway. ..
- Lou Y, Peng Q, Nolan B, Wagner G, LU Y. Oral administration of caffeine during voluntary exercise markedly decreases tissue fat and stimulates apoptosis and cyclin B1 in UVB-treated skin of hairless p53-knockout mice. Carcinogenesis. 2010;31:671-8 pubmed publisher..The stimulatory effects on apoptosis in p53(-/-) mice by the combination treatment might be associated with increased levels of cyclin B1 and decreased levels of survivin. ..
- Cotella D, Hernández Enríquez B, Wu X, Li R, Pan Z, Leveille J, et al. Toxic role of K+ channel oxidation in mammalian brain. J Neurosci. 2012;32:4133-44 pubmed publisher..Together, these data underscore a novel mechanism of toxicity in neurodegenerative disease. ..
- Lu Y, Lou Y, Bernard J, Peng Q, Li T, Lin Y, et al. Surgical removal of the parametrial fat pads stimulates apoptosis and inhibits UVB-induced carcinogenesis in mice fed a high-fat diet. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:9065-70 pubmed publisher..This inhibition was associated with an increase in apoptosis and a decrease in proliferation in tumors and in precancerous areas away from tumors. ..
- Kong B, Zhu Y, Li G, Williams J, Buckley K, Tawfik O, et al. Mice with hepatocyte-specific FXR deficiency are resistant to spontaneous but susceptible to cholic acid-induced hepatocarcinogenesis. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2016;310:G295-302 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, this study shows that hepatic FXR deficiency may only serve as a tumor initiator, and increased bile acids is required for tumor formation likely by promoting cell proliferation. ..
- Sundararajan R, Cuconati A, Nelson D, White E. Tumor necrosis factor-alpha induces Bax-Bak interaction and apoptosis, which is inhibited by adenovirus E1B 19K. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:45120-7 pubmed
- Xu G, Zhang Y, Zhang L, Ren G, Shi Y. Bone marrow stromal cells induce apoptosis of lymphoma cells in the presence of IFNgamma and TNF by producing nitric oxide. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;375:666-70 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest a possibility to harness this proapoptotic feature of BMSCs for the development of novel therapeutic strategy to eliminate tumor cells, especially tumor cells in bone marrow. ..
- Keum Y, Khor T, Lin W, Shen G, Kwon K, Barve A, et al. Pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of broccoli sprouts on the suppression of prostate cancer in transgenic adenocarcinoma of mouse prostate (TRAMP) mice: implication of induction of Nrf2, HO-1 and apoptosis and the suppression of Akt-dependent kin. Pharm Res. 2009;26:2324-31 pubmed publisher..g. mTOR, 4E-BP1 and cyclin D1, were reduced. Our findings indicate that broccoli sprouts can serve as a good dietary source of SFN in vivo and that they have significant inhibitory effects on prostate tumorigenesis. ..
- Perez D, White E. E1A sensitizes cells to tumor necrosis factor alpha by downregulating c-FLIP S. J Virol. 2003;77:2651-62 pubmed
- Chuikov S, Kurash J, Wilson J, Xiao B, Justin N, Ivanov G, et al. Regulation of p53 activity through lysine methylation. Nature. 2004;432:353-60 pubmed..The crystal structure of a ternary complex of Set9 with a p53 peptide and the cofactor product S-adenosyl-l-homocysteine (AdoHcy) provides the molecular basis for recognition of p53 by this lysine methyltransferase. ..
- Avila G, Zheng X, Cui X, Ryan A, Hansson A, Suh J, et al. Inhibitory effects of 12-O-tetradecanoylphorbol-13-acetate alone or in combination with all-trans retinoic acid on the growth of cultured human pancreas cancer cells and pancreas tumor xenografts in immunodeficient mice. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2005;315:170-87 pubmed..The inhibitory effects of TPA on tumor growth occurred at clinically achievable blood levels. ..
- Dutta J, Fan Y, Gupta N, Fan G, Gelinas C. Current insights into the regulation of programmed cell death by NF-kappaB. Oncogene. 2006;25:6800-16 pubmed..These recent developments shed new light on the role of NF-kappaB in many disease conditions including tumor development, tumor progression and anticancer treatment...
- Nariya H, Inouye M. MazF, an mRNA interferase, mediates programmed cell death during multicellular Myxococcus development. Cell. 2008;132:55-66 pubmed publisher..Transcription of mrpC and mazF is negatively regulated via MrpC phosphorylation by a Ser/Thr kinase cascade. These findings reveal the regulated deployment of a toxin gene for developmental programmed cell death in bacteria...
- Yuan Z, Shi Y. Chloramphenicol induces abnormal differentiation and inhibits apoptosis in activated T cells. Cancer Res. 2008;68:4875-81 pubmed publisher..Our findings show that abnormal cell differentiation and inhibition of apoptosis may contribute to the development of leukemia associated with clinical applications of chloramphenicol...
- Wong V, Dong H, Liang X, Bai L, Jiang Z, Guo Y, et al. Rh2E2, a novel metabolic suppressor, specifically inhibits energy-based metabolism of tumor cells. Oncotarget. 2016;7:9907-24 pubmed publisher..Those findings suggest that Rh2E2 possesses a novel and safe anti-metabolic agent for cancer patients by specific reduction of energy-based metabolism in cancer cells. ..
- Han J, Sabbatini P, Perez D, Rao L, Modha D, White E. The E1B 19K protein blocks apoptosis by interacting with and inhibiting the p53-inducible and death-promoting Bax protein. Genes Dev. 1996;10:461-77 pubmed..With the death pathway disabled, induction of growth arrest by p53 can then be manifested. ..
- Chen X, Ding Y, Liu C, Mikhail S, Yang C. Overexpression of glucose-regulated protein 94 (Grp94) in esophageal adenocarcinomas of a rat surgical model and humans. Carcinogenesis. 2002;23:123-30 pubmed
- Qi H, Li T, Kuo D, Nur E Kamal A, Liu L. Inactivation of Cdc13p triggers MEC1-dependent apoptotic signals in yeast. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:15136-41 pubmed..Our results are consistent with a model in which single-stranded G-tails in the cdc13-1 mutant trigger MEC1-dependent apoptotic signaling in yeast. ..
- Chen L, Chen J. Daxx silencing sensitizes cells to multiple apoptotic pathways. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:7108-21 pubmed..These data strongly suggest that Daxx may inhibit Fas and stress-mediated apoptosis by suppressing proapoptotic gene expression outside of PML domains. ..
- Gosslau A, Chen M, Ho C, Chen K. A methoxy derivative of resveratrol analogue selectively induced activation of the mitochondrial apoptotic pathway in transformed fibroblasts. Br J Cancer. 2005;92:513-21 pubmed..Taken together, the specific activation of the mitochondria-mediated apoptotic pathway could be a major reason for the striking differential growth inhibitory effect of MR-4. ..
- Wang K, Shi Y, Denhardt D. Osteopontin regulates hindlimb-unloading-induced lymphoid organ atrophy and weight loss by modulating corticosteroid production. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:14777-82 pubmed..These results reveal that OPN is required for enhanced corticosterone production, immune organ atrophy, and weight loss in mice subjected to HU. ..
- Tsai Y, Qi H, Lin C, Lin R, Kerrigan J, Rzuczek S, et al. A G-quadruplex stabilizer induces M-phase cell cycle arrest. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:22535-43 pubmed publisher..In the aggregate, our results suggest that HXDV, which exhibits anti-proliferative and apoptotic activities, is also a novel M-phase blocker, with a mode of action dependent on its G-quadruplex binding activity. ..
- Chen X, Liu Y, Wu J, Huang H, Du Z, Zhang K, et al. Mechanistic Study of Inhibitory Effects of Atorvastatin and Docetaxel in Combination on Prostate Cancer. Cancer Genomics Proteomics. 2016;13:151-60 pubmed..Docetaxel in combination with cholesterol-lowering drugs such as atorvastatin may be an effective strategy for inhibiting the growth of prostate cancer. ..
- Kasof G, Goyal L, White E. Btf, a novel death-promoting transcriptional repressor that interacts with Bcl-2-related proteins. Mol Cell Biol. 1999;19:4390-404 pubmed..Thus, btf may represent a novel tumor suppressor gene residing in a unique pathway by which the Bcl-2 family can regulate apoptosis. ..
- Wang Y, Pakunlu R, Tsao W, Pozharov V, Minko T. Bimodal effect of hypoxia in cancer: role of hypoxia inducible factor in apoptosis. Mol Pharm. 2004;1:156-65 pubmed..The downregulation of HIF1A promoted cell death induction and prevented activation of cellular defense by hypoxia. This suggests that HIF1A is a potential candidate for anticancer therapeutic targeting. ..
- Mathew R, Kongara S, Beaudoin B, Karp C, Bray K, Degenhardt K, et al. Autophagy suppresses tumor progression by limiting chromosomal instability. Genes Dev. 2007;21:1367-81 pubmed..Identification of this novel role of autophagy may be important for rational chemotherapy and therapeutic exploitation of autophagy inducers as potential chemopreventive agents. ..
- Lee H, Ju J, Paul S, So J, DeCastro A, Smolarek A, et al. Mixed tocopherols prevent mammary tumorigenesis by inhibiting estrogen action and activating PPAR-gamma. Clin Cancer Res. 2009;15:4242-9 pubmed publisher..In the present study, we investigated the inhibitory effect of a tocopherol mixture rich in gamma- and delta-tocopherols against mammary tumorigenesis...
- Sun G, Irvine K. Regulation of Hippo signaling by Jun kinase signaling during compensatory cell proliferation and regeneration, and in neoplastic tumors. Dev Biol. 2011;350:139-51 pubmed publisher..Our observations identify Jnk signaling as a modulator of Hippo pathway activity in wing imaginal discs, and implicate Yorkie activation in compensatory cell proliferation and disc regeneration. ..
- Lu Y, Lou Y, Peng Q, Xie J, Conney A. Stimulatory effect of topical application of caffeine on UVB-induced apoptosis in the epidermis of p53 and Bax knockout mice. Cancer Res. 2004;64:5020-7 pubmed
- Cheung K, Khor T, Huang M, Kong A. Differential in vivo mechanism of chemoprevention of tumor formation in azoxymethane/dextran sodium sulfate mice by PEITC and DBM. Carcinogenesis. 2010;31:880-5 pubmed publisher..PEITC's chemopreventive effect appears to be due to induction of apoptosis and cell cycle arrest, whereas DBM's effect is due to prevention of AOM initiation via induction of Nrf2 and phase II detoxifying enzymes...
- Mateyak M, Kinzy T. eEF1A: thinking outside the ribosome. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:21209-13 pubmed publisher..A mechanistic understanding of these non-canonical functions of eEF1A will shed light on many important biological questions, including viral-host interaction, subcellular organization, and the integration of key cellular pathways. ..
- Liu Y, Chen N, Cui X, Zheng X, Deng L, Price S, et al. The protein kinase Pak4 disrupts mammary acinar architecture and promotes mammary tumorigenesis. Oncogene. 2010;29:5883-94 pubmed publisher..This is likely to be owing to the ability of Pak4 to inhibit apoptosis and promote cell survival and thus subsequent uncontrolled proliferation, and to its ability to deregulate cell shape and polarity...
- Nur E Kamal A, Li T, Zhang A, Qi H, Hars E, Liu L. Single-stranded DNA induces ataxia telangiectasia mutant (ATM)/p53-dependent DNA damage and apoptotic signals. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:12475-81 pubmed..These results suggest that single-stranded DNA may act upstream of ATM/p53 in DNA damage signaling. ..
- White E. The pims and outs of survival signaling: role for the Pim-2 protein kinase in the suppression of apoptosis by cytokines. Genes Dev. 2003;17:1813-6 pubmed
- Minko T, Batrakova E, Li S, Li Y, Pakunlu R, Alakhov V, et al. Pluronic block copolymers alter apoptotic signal transduction of doxorubicin in drug-resistant cancer cells. J Control Release. 2005;105:269-78 pubmed..This is likely to result in the stronger cytotoxic response of the resistant cells to the Dox/P85 formulation compared to the free drug. ..
- Zhang Y, Xu G, Zhang L, Roberts A, Shi Y. Th17 cells undergo Fas-mediated activation-induced cell death independent of IFN-gamma. J Immunol. 2008;181:190-6 pubmed..Furthermore, Th17 cells derived from mice deficient in IFN-gamma receptor 1 (IFN-gammaR1-/-) underwent AICD similar to wild-type cells. Thus, AICD of Th17 cells occurs via the Fas pathway, but is independent of IFN-gamma. ..
- Li N, Lin P, Cai C, Pan Z, Weisleder N, Ma J. The amino-terminal peptide of Bax perturbs intracellular Ca2+ homeostasis to enhance apoptosis in prostate cancer cells. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2009;296:C267-72 pubmed publisher..Our data indicates that p3Bax can modulate the entry of extracellular Ca2+ and thus regulate the amplification of apoptosis in prostate cancer cells. ..
- Prokopenko O, Mirochnitchenko O. Ischemia-reperfusion-inducible protein modulates cell sensitivity to anticancer drugs by regulating activity of efflux transporter. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2009;296:C1086-97 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that hIRIP expression can regulate cargo assembly and function of efflux transporters, including P-glycoprotein, which mediates one of the most common mechanisms of the multidrug resistance. ..
- Khan A, Wall B, Ahlawat S, Green C, Schiff D, Mehnert J, et al. Riluzole enhances ionizing radiation-induced cytotoxicity in human melanoma cells that ectopically express metabotropic glutamate receptor 1 in vitro and in vivo. Clin Cancer Res. 2011;17:1807-14 pubmed publisher..These results have clinical implications for patients with brain metastases receiving whole brain radiation therapy. ..
- Pinan Lucarré B, Gabel C, Reina C, Hulme S, Shevkoplyas S, Slone R, et al. The core apoptotic executioner proteins CED-3 and CED-4 promote initiation of neuronal regeneration in Caenorhabditis elegans. PLoS Biol. 2012;10:e1001331 pubmed publisher..This study documents reconstructive roles for proteins known to orchestrate apoptotic death and links previously unconnected observations in the vertebrate literature to suggest a similar pathway may be conserved in higher organisms. ..
- Wu X, Hernández Enríquez B, Banas M, Xu R, Sesti F. Molecular mechanisms underlying the apoptotic effect of KCNB1 K+ channel oxidation. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:4128-34 pubmed publisher..Together, these data suggest that the accumulation of KCNB1 oligomers in the membrane disrupts planar lipid raft integrity and causes apoptosis via activating the c-Src/JNK signaling pathway. ..
- Garcia Welsh A, Laskin D, Shuler R, Laskin J. Cellular depletion of p56lck during thymocyte apoptosis. J Leukoc Biol. 1994;56:528-32 pubmed..Although at this time we are uncertain as to the precise role of p56lck in the process of apoptosis, our results indicate that changes in the expression of this protein in thymocytes is an important marker of programmed cell death. ..
- Yue Y, Su J, Cerretti D, Fox G, Jing S, Zhou R. Selective inhibition of spinal cord neurite outgrowth and cell survival by the Eph family ligand ephrin-A5. J Neurosci. 1999;19:10026-35 pubmed
- Shi Y, Devadas S, Greeneltch K, Yin D, Allan Mufson R, Zhou J. Stressed to death: implication of lymphocyte apoptosis for psychoneuroimmunology. Brain Behav Immun. 2003;17 Suppl 1:S18-26 pubmed
- Edelstein L, Lagos L, Simmons M, Tirumalai H, Gelinas C. NF-kappa B-dependent assembly of an enhanceosome-like complex on the promoter region of apoptosis inhibitor Bfl-1/A1. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:2749-61 pubmed..To our knowledge, this is the first demonstration of enhanceosome-mediated regulation of a cell death inhibitor. ..
- Kucharczak J, Simmons M, Fan Y, Gelinas C. To be, or not to be: NF-kappaB is the answer--role of Rel/NF-kappaB in the regulation of apoptosis. Oncogene. 2003;22:8961-82 pubmed
- Gil Perotin S, Marin Husstege M, Li J, Soriano Navarro M, Zindy F, Roussel M, et al. Loss of p53 induces changes in the behavior of subventricular zone cells: implication for the genesis of glial tumors. J Neurosci. 2006;26:1107-16 pubmed..Together, these findings provide a cellular mechanism for how the slow-proliferating SVZ cells can give rise to glial tumors in the adult brain. ..
- Liang L, Mendonca M, Deng L, Nguyen S, Shao C, Tischfield J. Reduced apoptosis and increased deletion mutations at Aprt locus in vivo in mice exposed to repeated ionizing radiation. Cancer Res. 2007;67:1910-7 pubmed
- Li N, Zheng L, Lin P, Danielpour D, Pan Z, Ma J. Overexpression of Bax induces down-regulation of store-operated calcium entry in prostate cancer cells. J Cell Physiol. 2008;216:172-9 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate a functional interaction between Bax and SOCE in apoptosis of prostate cancer, and support the concept that improving this interaction has therapeutic implications for prostate cancer. ..
- Junn E, Jang W, Zhao X, Jeong B, Mouradian M. Mitochondrial localization of DJ-1 leads to enhanced neuroprotection. J Neurosci Res. 2009;87:123-9 pubmed publisher..These findings further highlight the multifaceted functions of DJ-1 as a cytoprotector in different cellular compartments. ..