Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Piscataway, New Jersey, United States
Locale: Piscataway, New Jersey, United States
Publications793 found, 100 shown here
- Fakhrzadeh L, Laskin J, Laskin D. Deficiency in inducible nitric oxide synthase protects mice from ozone-induced lung inflammation and tissue injury. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2002;26:413-9 pubmed..Taken together, these data demonstrate that NO, produced via NOSII, and potentially, its reactive oxidative product peroxynitrite, play a critical role in ozone-induced release of inflammatory mediators and in tissue injury. ..
- Parry J, Velarde N, Lefkovith A, Zegarek M, Hang J, Ohm J, et al. EGG-4 and EGG-5 Link Events of the Oocyte-to-Embryo Transition with Meiotic Progression in C. elegans. Curr Biol. 2009;19:1752-7 pubmed publisher..Therefore, EGG-4 and EGG-5 are not only required for critical events of the oocyte-to-embryo transition but also link the dynamics of the regulatory machinery with the advancing cell cycle. ..
- Eldasher L, Wen X, Little M, Bircsak K, Yacovino L, Aleksunes L. Hepatic and renal Bcrp transporter expression in mice treated with perfluorooctanoic acid. Toxicology. 2013;306:108-13 pubmed publisher..Together, these studies demonstrate that PFOA induces hepatic Bcrp expression in mice and may inhibit human BCRP transporter function at concentrations that exceed levels observed in humans. ..
- Kamat S, Yeola S, Zhang W, Bianchi L, Driscoll M. NRA-2, a nicalin homolog, regulates neuronal death by controlling surface localization of toxic Caenorhabditis elegans DEG/ENaC channels. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:11916-26 pubmed publisher..Mammalian nicalin may have a similar role in DEG/ENaC biology, therefore influencing pathological conditions like ischemia. ..
- Iler N, Abate Shen C. Rapid identification of homeodomain binding sites in the Wnt-5a gene using an immunoprecipitation strategy. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1996;227:257-65 pubmed..We propose that the immunoprecipitation strategy permits a rapid, initial approach for identifying functionally-relevant homeodomain binding sites within target genes whose regulatory sequences have not yet been previously elucidated. ..
- Majercak J, Kalderon D, Edery I. Drosophila melanogaster deficient in protein kinase A manifests behavior-specific arrhythmia but normal clock function. Mol Cell Biol. 1997;17:5915-22 pubmed..Our results suggest that PKA plays a critical role in the flow of temporal information from circadian pacemaker cells to selective behaviors. ..
- Lee C, Bae K, Edery I. PER and TIM inhibit the DNA binding activity of a Drosophila CLOCK-CYC/dBMAL1 heterodimer without disrupting formation of the heterodimer: a basis for circadian transcription. Mol Cell Biol. 1999;19:5316-25 pubmed..Together with other findings, our results strongly suggest that daily cycles in the association of PER and TIM with the dCLOCK-CYC complex probably contribute to rhythmic expression of per and tim. ..
- Lin P, Huang L, Steward R. Cactin, a conserved protein that interacts with the Drosophila IkappaB protein cactus and modulates its function. Mech Dev. 2000;94:57-65 pubmed..Both the embryonic lethality and ventralization are strongly increased, suggesting that cactin functions in the Rel pathway controlling the formation of dorsal-ventral embryonic polarity. ..
- Allen R, Peng B, Pellegrino M, Miller E, Grandy D, Lundblad J, et al. Altered processing of pro-orphanin FQ/nociceptin and pro-opiomelanocortin-derived peptides in the brains of mice expressing defective prohormone convertase 2. J Neurosci. 2001;21:5864-70 pubmed..These results demonstrate that PC2 is directly involved in the biogenesis of two brain neuropeptides in vivo and suggest that the specific prohormone and cellular context influences neuropeptide processing by PCs. ..
- Carey R, Li B, Dicicco Bloom E. Pituitary adenylate cyclase activating polypeptide anti-mitogenic signaling in cerebral cortical progenitors is regulated by p57Kip2-dependent CDK2 activity. J Neurosci. 2002;22:1583-91 pubmed..These observations establish a mechanism whereby anti-mitogenic signals actively induce cell cycle withdrawal in developing cortex. ..
- Jang J, Sherizen D, Bhagat R, Manheim E, McKim K. Relationship of DNA double-strand breaks to synapsis in Drosophila. J Cell Sci. 2003;116:3069-77 pubmed..There may also be an interaction between the recruitment of repair proteins and phosphorylation. ..
- Kostyukova A, Hitchcock Degregori S. Effect of the structure of the N terminus of tropomyosin on tropomodulin function. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:5066-71 pubmed..An even shorter fragment, Tmod1-(1-48), bound tropomyosin but did not influence actin filament elongation. Tropomyosin-Tmod may function to locally regulate cytoskeletal dynamics in cells by stabilizing actin filaments. ..
- Qing G, Qu Z, Xiao G. Regulation of NF-kappa B2 p100 processing by its cis-acting domain. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:18-27 pubmed..Taken together, these studies highlight the mechanism by which the different sequences within p100 work in concert to regulate its processing and shed light on the mechanisms of how p100 processing is tightly and delicately controlled. ..
- Kaneta T, Kusnecov A. The role of central corticotropin-releasing hormone in the anorexic and endocrine effects of the bacterial T cell superantigen, Staphylococcal enterotoxin A. Brain Behav Immun. 2005;19:138-46 pubmed..More importantly, it appears that central activation of CRH receptors is a consequence of SEA challenge, and this likely contributes to its anorexic effects. ..
- Xu G, Zhang L, Ren G, Yuan Z, Zhang Y, Zhao R, et al. Immunosuppressive properties of cloned bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells. Cell Res. 2007;17:240-8 pubmed
- Weiss H, Liu X, Zhang Q, Chi O. Increased cerebral oxygen consumption in Eker rats and effects of N-methyl-D-aspartate blockade: Implications for autism. J Neurosci Res. 2007;85:2512-7 pubmed..In fact, the importance of NMDA receptors in the control of basal cerebral O2 consumption was reduced. This might have important implications in the treatment of autism. ..
- Karantza Wadsworth V, Patel S, Kravchuk O, Chen G, Mathew R, Jin S, et al. Autophagy mitigates metabolic stress and genome damage in mammary tumorigenesis. Genes Dev. 2007;21:1621-35 pubmed..Therefore, we propose that autophagy limits metabolic stress to protect the genome, and that defective autophagy increases DNA damage and genomic instability that ultimately facilitate breast cancer progression. ..
- Chen W, Low K, Lim C, Edery I. Thermosensitive splicing of a clock gene and seasonal adaptation. Cold Spring Harb Symp Quant Biol. 2007;72:599-606 pubmed publisher..On a broader perspective, RNA-RNA interactions likely have fundamental roles in the thermal adaptation of life forms to the daily and seasonal changes in temperature. ..
- Zhu H, Lin P, De G, Choi K, Takeshima H, Weisleder N, et al. Polymerase transcriptase release factor (PTRF) anchors MG53 protein to cell injury site for initiation of membrane repair. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:12820-4 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that membrane-delimited interaction between MG53 and PTRF contributes to initiation of cell membrane repair, which can be an attractive target for treatment or prevention of tissue injury in human diseases. ..
- Barua B, Pamula M, Hitchcock Degregori S. Evolutionarily conserved surface residues constitute actin binding sites of tropomyosin. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:10150-5 pubmed publisher..Molecular evolution analysis is a general approach that may be used to identify potential binding sites of a protein for a conserved protein. ..
- Yacovino L, Aleksunes L. Renal efflux transporter expression in pregnant mice with Type I diabetes. Toxicol Lett. 2012;211:304-11 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that renal drug efflux transporters and regulatory signaling pathways are altered by endocrine and metabolic changes that occur during pregnancy and Type I diabetes. ..
- So J, Smolarek A, Salerno D, Maehr H, Uskokovic M, Liu F, et al. Targeting CD44-STAT3 signaling by Gemini vitamin D analog leads to inhibition of invasion in basal-like breast cancer. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e54020 pubmed publisher..It also suggests that repression of CD44-STAT3 signaling is a key molecular mechanism in the inhibition of breast cancer invasion by the Gemini vitamin D analog BXL0124. ..
- Zhan L, Yang I, Kong B, Shen J, Gorczyca L, Memon N, et al. Dysregulation of bile acid homeostasis in parenteral nutrition mouse model. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2016;310:G93-G102 pubmed publisher..This study shows that continuous PN infusion with SOLE in mice leads to dysregulation of BA homeostasis. Alterations of liver RORÎ± signaling in PN mice may be one of the mechanisms implicated in the pathogenesis of PNALD. ..
- Giovanni A, Sieber B, Heikkila R, Sonsalla P. Correlation between the neostriatal content of the 1-methyl-4-phenylpyridinium species and dopaminergic neurotoxicity following 1-methyl-4-phenyl-1,2,3,6-tetrahydropyridine administration to several strains of mice. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 1991;257:691-7 pubmed..01) positive correlation between the relative sensitivity of the mouse strains to MPTP and their neostriatal MPP+ content after MPTP administration.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS) ..
- Xie T, Finelli A, Padgett R. The Drosophila saxophone gene: a serine-threonine kinase receptor of the TGF-beta superfamily. Science. 1994;263:1756-9 pubmed..These data suggest that sax encodes a receptor for dpp. ..
- Ryazanov A, Ward M, Mendola C, Pavur K, Dorovkov M, Wiedmann M, et al. Identification of a new class of protein kinases represented by eukaryotic elongation factor-2 kinase. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1997;94:4884-9 pubmed..This suggests that eEF-2 kinase and MHCK A are members of a new class of protein kinases with a novel catalytic domain structure. ..
- Xiang M. Requirement for Brn-3b in early differentiation of postmitotic retinal ganglion cell precursors. Dev Biol. 1998;197:155-69 pubmed
- Liang L, Mendonca M, Deng L, Nguyen S, Shao C, Tischfield J. Reduced apoptosis and increased deletion mutations at Aprt locus in vivo in mice exposed to repeated ionizing radiation. Cancer Res. 2007;67:1910-7 pubmed
- Barker D, Sanabria F, Lasswell A, Thrailkill E, Pawlak A, Killeen P. Brief light as a practical aversive stimulus for the albino rat. Behav Brain Res. 2010;214:402-8 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate a possible alternative to foot-shock, one with greater ecological validity, and one that might avoid some of the physiological effects that accompany electric shock. ..
- Sunil V, Vayas K, Massa C, Gow A, Laskin J, Laskin D. Ozone-induced injury and oxidative stress in bronchiolar epithelium are associated with altered pulmonary mechanics. Toxicol Sci. 2013;133:309-19 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these studies demonstrate that bronchiolar epithelium is highly susceptible to injury and oxidative stress induced by acute exposure to ozone; moreover, this is accompanied by altered lung functioning. ..
- Kusch T, Mei A, Nguyen C. Histone H3 lysine 4 trimethylation regulates cotranscriptional H2A variant exchange by Tip60 complexes to maximize gene expression. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:4850-5 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, this mechanism prevents the accumulation of epigenetic noise caused by random complex-nucleosome collisions. ..
- Myers K, Sprent J, Dougherty J, Ron Y. Synergy between encephalitogenic T cells and myelin basic protein-specific antibodies in the induction of experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis. J Neuroimmunol. 1992;41:1-8 pubmed..We propose that MBP-specific antibodies enhance the presentation of myelin-derived antigens by APC in the CNS to the adoptively transferred encephalitogenic T cells. ..
- Finelli A, Bossie C, Xie T, Padgett R. Mutational analysis of the Drosophila tolloid gene, a human BMP-1 homolog. Development. 1994;120:861-70 pubmed..abstract truncated at 250 words) ..
- Hilton H, Hey J. DNA sequence variation at the period locus reveals the history of species and speciation events in the Drosophila virilis group. Genetics. 1996;144:1015-25 pubmed..S. on the basis of the geographic pattern of a chromosomal fusion. Also surprisingly, D. novamexicana appears to consist of two distinct groups each with low population size and no gene flow between them...
- Jao D, Yu Chen K. Subcellular localization of the hypusine-containing eukaryotic initiation factor 5A by immunofluorescent staining and green fluorescent protein tagging. J Cell Biochem. 2002;86:590-600 pubmed..Collectively, our data indicate that eIF-5A gains nuclear entry via passive diffusion, but it does not undergo active nucleocytoplasmic shuttling. ..
- Ishikawa H, Takeuchi H, Haltiwanger R, Irvine K. Four-jointed is a Golgi kinase that phosphorylates a subset of cadherin domains. Science. 2008;321:401-4 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that Four-jointed regulates Fat signaling by phosphorylating cadherin domains of Fat and Dachsous as they transit through the Golgi. ..
- Shi A, Sun L, Banerjee R, Tobin M, Zhang Y, Grant B. Regulation of endosomal clathrin and retromer-mediated endosome to Golgi retrograde transport by the J-domain protein RME-8. EMBO J. 2009;28:3290-302 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate a mechanism, whereby retromer can regulate endosomal clathrin dynamics through RME-8 and Hsc70, promoting the sorting of recycling cargo into the retrograde pathway. ..
- Lin P, Zhu H, Cai C, Wang X, Cao C, Xiao R, et al. Nonmuscle myosin IIA facilitates vesicle trafficking for MG53-mediated cell membrane repair. FASEB J. 2012;26:1875-83 pubmed publisher..Together, our data reveal NM-IIA as a key cytoskeleton motor protein that facilitates vesicle trafficking during MG53-mediated cell membrane repair. ..
- Bernard J, Lou Y, Peng Q, Li T, Conney A, Lu Y. Inverse relationship between p53 and phospho-Chk1 (Ser317) protein expression in UVB-induced skin tumors in SKH-1 mice. Exp Mol Pathol. 2014;96:126-31 pubmed publisher..These data illustrate the dynamic regulation of checkpoint function, suggesting that phosphorylation of Chk1 on Serine 317 is regulated by p53 status and that p53 may act as a molecular on/off switch for phosphorylation at this site. ..
- Cai B, Chen H, Sun H, Wan P, Sun H, Pan J. Production of immunoregulatory polysaccharides from Crassostrea hongkongensis and their positive effects as a nutrition factor in modulating the effectiveness and toxicity of 5-FU chemotherapy in mice. Food Funct. 2016;7:390-7 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that supplementation with a C30-60%-based enteral formula would be beneficial for patients undergoing chemotherapy with 5-FU. ..
- Saus J, Quinones S, Otani Y, Nagase H, Harris E, Kurkinen M. The complete primary structure of human matrix metalloproteinase-3. Identity with stromelysin. J Biol Chem. 1988;263:6742-5 pubmed..Similar results were obtained for human synovial collagenase mRNA. The data suggest that MMP-3 and collagenase expression are coordinately modulated in synovial fibroblast cultures. ..
- Schnabel C, Abate Shen C. Repression by HoxA7 is mediated by the homeodomain and the modulatory action of its N-terminal-arm residues. Mol Cell Biol. 1996;16:2678-88 pubmed
- Rittling S. Clonal nature of spontaneously immortalized 3T3 cells. Exp Cell Res. 1996;229:7-13 pubmed..These results are consistent with the idea that a mutation is responsible for the immortal phenotype. ..
- Tan Q, Li X, Sadhale P, Miyao T, Woychik N. Multiple mechanisms of suppression circumvent transcription defects in an RNA polymerase mutant. Mol Cell Biol. 2000;20:8124-33 pubmed..Taken together, these results demonstrate that these three proteins influence transcription and implicate Sro9p in both transcription and posttranscription events. ..
- Rayet B, Fan Y, Gelinas C. Mutations in the v-Rel transactivation domain indicate altered phosphorylation and identify a subset of NF-kappaB-regulated cell death inhibitors important for v-Rel transforming activity. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:1520-33 pubmed..These results emphasize the need for Rel/NF-kappaB to efficiently activate expression of a subset of antiapoptotic genes from the Bcl-2 family to manifest its oncogenic phenotype. ..
- Liu T, Zimmerman K, Patterson G. Regulation of signaling genes by TGFbeta during entry into dauer diapause in C. elegans. BMC Dev Biol. 2004;4:11 pubmed..We see evidence of TGFbeta-mediated regulation of several other classes of regulatory genes, and we discuss possible functions of these genes in dauer formation. ..
- Li S, Xiang M. Barhl1 is required for maintenance of a large population of neurons in the zonal layer of the superior colliculus. Dev Dyn. 2006;235:2260-5 pubmed..Taken together, these data suggest that Barhl1 is crucially required for the survival but not for the specification of zonal layer neurons in the superior colliculus. ..
- Dalla C, Edgecomb C, Whetstone A, Shors T. Females do not express learned helplessness like males do. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2008;33:1559-69 pubmed..Learned helplessness may not constitute a valid model for depressive behavior in women, at least as reflected by the response of female rats to operant conditioning procedures after stressful experience. ..
- Shin S, Namkoong J, Wall B, Gleason R, Lee H, Chen S. Oncogenic activities of metabotropic glutamate receptor 1 (Grm1) in melanocyte transformation. Pigment Cell Melanoma Res. 2008;21:368-78 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results showed that expression of exogeneously introduced Grm1 is sufficient to induce full transformation of immortalized melanocytes. ..
- Shao C, Liang L, Zhao X, Chen Y, Zheng B, Chen J, et al. Mutagenesis in vivo in T cells of p21-deficient mice. Mutat Res. 2009;670:103-6 pubmed publisher..Reduction in mutation load in T cell lineages may contribute to the suppression of thymic lymphomagenesis in p21-/- mice. ..
- Tan T, Weiss H. Hypoxia inducible factor-1 protects against nitrate tolerance and stunning in rabbit cardiac myocytes. Cardiovasc Drugs Ther. 2010;24:95-106 pubmed publisher..We found that upregulation of HIF-1 could protect isolated cardiac myocytes against nitrate tolerance through a cyclic GMP protein kinase-independent mechanism and through a kinase-dependent mechanism in stunning. ..
- Sullivan R, Santarpia P, Lavender S, Gittins E, Liu Z, Anderson M, et al. Clinical efficacy of a specifically targeted antimicrobial peptide mouth rinse: targeted elimination of Streptococcus mutans and prevention of demineralization. Caries Res. 2011;45:415-28 pubmed publisher..mutans, lactic acid production, and enamel demineralization. The impact on total plaque bacteria was minimal. These results suggest that C16G2 is effective against S. mutans in vivo and should be evaluated further in the clinic. ..
- Kutscher H, Gao D, Li S, Massa C, Cervelli J, Deshmukh M, et al. Toxicodynamics of rigid polystyrene microparticles on pulmonary gas exchange in mice: implications for microemboli-based drug delivery systems. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2013;266:214-23 pubmed publisher..Overall, the current results indicate that the microemboli-based approach for targeted pulmonary drug delivery is potentially safe and should be further explored. ..
- Aleksunes L, Xu J, Lin E, Wen X, Goedken M, Slitt A. Pregnancy represses induction of efflux transporters in livers of type I diabetic mice. Pharm Res. 2013;30:2209-20 pubmed publisher..To determine whether down-regulation of transcription factor signaling during pregnancy disrupts the induction of efflux transporters in type I diabetic mice...
- Deboer E, Rasin M. Nucleoside analog labeling of neural stem cells and their progeny. Methods Mol Biol. 2013;1018:21-37 pubmed publisher..The methodology in this chapter covers the classic uses for analog pulse labeling as well as their use in conjunction with the newly characterized technique of in utero electroporation (IUE). ..
- Soto M. Sequential Rosettes Drive C.Â elegans Ventral Nerve Cord Assembly. Dev Cell. 2017;41:121-122 pubmed publisher..In this issue of Development Cell, Shah and Tanner etÂ al. (2017) report that ROBO/SAX-3 signaling acts in parallel with PCP signaling to drive the CE required for ventral nerve cord assembly in C.Â elegans. ..
- Koo H, Gu J, Varela Echavarria A, Ron Y, Dougherty J. Reticuloendotheliosis type C and primate type D oncoretroviruses are members of the same receptor interference group. J Virol. 1992;66:3448-54 pubmed..These results suggest that this receptor binding specificity has been maintained over a wide range of retroviruses and may be responsible for the broad spread of these retroviruses between different orders of vertebrates. ..
- Langer J, Rashidbaigi A, Lai L, Patterson D, Jones C. Sublocalization on chromosome 21 of human interferon-alpha receptor gene and the gene for an interferon-gamma response protein. Somat Cell Mol Genet. 1990;16:231-40 pubmed..Specifically, both genes are localized to the region of chromosome 21 containing the markers D21S58, D21S65, and GART and appear to be proximal to D21S58. The implications for IFN action are discussed. ..
- Levine E, Dreyfus C, Black I, Plummer M. Brain-derived neurotrophic factor rapidly enhances synaptic transmission in hippocampal neurons via postsynaptic tyrosine kinase receptors. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1995;92:8074-7 pubmed..These results suggest a role for BDNF in the modulation of synaptic transmission in the hippocampus. ..
- McKim K, Hayashi Hagihara A. mei-W68 in Drosophila melanogaster encodes a Spo11 homolog: evidence that the mechanism for initiating meiotic recombination is conserved. Genes Dev. 1998;12:2932-42 pubmed..In contrast to spo11, mei-W68 is not required for synaptonemal complex formation and does have a mitotic role. ..
- Wang Z, Day N, Trifillis P, Kiledjian M. An mRNA stability complex functions with poly(A)-binding protein to stabilize mRNA in vitro. Mol Cell Biol. 1999;19:4552-60 pubmed..Therefore, the alpha-complex is an mRNA stability complex in vitro which could function at least in part by interacting with PABP. ..
- Colognato H, Yurchenco P. Form and function: the laminin family of heterotrimers. Dev Dyn. 2000;218:213-34 pubmed
- Terleph T, Mello C, Vicario D. Auditory topography and temporal response dynamics of canary caudal telencephalon. J Neurobiol. 2006;66:281-92 pubmed..NCM properties, in particular, may allow for response integration across multiple spectrally varying stimulus elements, such as those that occur during birdsong...
- Zhu L, Thomas P, Lu G, Reuhl K, Yang G, Wang L, et al. CYP2A13 in human respiratory tissues and lung cancers: an immunohistochemical study with a new peptide-specific antibody. Drug Metab Dispos. 2006;34:1672-6 pubmed
- Zeevalk G, Manzino L, Sonsalla P, Bernard L. Characterization of intracellular elevation of glutathione (GSH) with glutathione monoethyl ester and GSH in brain and neuronal cultures: relevance to Parkinson's disease. Exp Neurol. 2007;203:512-20 pubmed
- Xiao H, Hao X, Simi B, Ju J, Jiang H, Reddy B, et al. Green tea polyphenols inhibit colorectal aberrant crypt foci (ACF) formation and prevent oncogenic changes in dysplastic ACF in azoxymethane-treated F344 rats. Carcinogenesis. 2008;29:113-9 pubmed..Taken together, our results strongly suggest the colon cancer-preventive activity of PPE and identified possible molecular markers for future colon cancer prevention studies. ..
- Gupta M, Copeland P. Functional analysis of the interplay between translation termination, selenocysteine codon context, and selenocysteine insertion sequence-binding protein 2. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:36797-807 pubmed..We conclude that a large codon context forms a cis-element that works together with Sec incorporation factors to determine readthrough efficiency. ..
- Tian Y, Lei L, Cammarano M, Nekrasova T, Minden A. Essential role for the Pak4 protein kinase in extraembryonic tissue development and vessel formation. Mech Dev. 2009;126:710-20 pubmed publisher..More detailed analysis suggests that abnormalities in vasculature throughout the extraembryonic tissue and the epiblast may contribute to the death of the Pak4-null embryos. ..
- Zhang J, Li H, Herrup K. Cdk5 nuclear localization is p27-dependent in nerve cells: implications for cell cycle suppression and caspase-3 activation. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:14052-61 pubmed publisher..These data suggest a model in which Cdk5 exerts a double protective function in neurons: chronically suppressing the cell cycle when located in the nucleus and transiently delaying cell death in the cytoplasm. ..
- Wang J, Schwartz H, Barr M. Functional specialization of sensory cilia by an RFX transcription factor isoform. Genetics. 2010;186:1295-307 pubmed publisher..This study reveals a more extensive role for RFX TFs in generating fully functional cilia. ..
- Ventruti A, Kazdoba T, Niu S, D ARCANGELO G. Reelin deficiency causes specific defects in the molecular composition of the synapses in the adult brain. Neuroscience. 2011;189:32-42 pubmed publisher..These studies may provide insights into the etiology of cognitive disorders associated with deficiencies in Reelin signaling and PTEN dysfunction. ..
- Gochfeld M, Burger J, Jeitner C, Donio M, Pittfield T. Seasonal, locational and size variations in mercury and selenium levels in striped bass (Morone saxatilis) from New Jersey. Environ Res. 2012;112:8-19 pubmed publisher..Frequent consumption of large striped bass can result in exposure above the EPA's reference dose, a problem particularly for fetal development...
- Singaravelu G, Chatterjee I, Rahimi S, Druzhinina M, Kang L, Xu X, et al. The sperm surface localization of the TRP-3/SPE-41 Ca2+ -permeable channel depends on SPE-38 function in Caenorhabditis elegans. Dev Biol. 2012;365:376-83 pubmed publisher..This work reveals a new paradigm for the regulated surface localization of a Ca(2+)-permeable channel. ..
- Lee H, Ragusano L, Martinez A, Gill J, Dimova D. A dual role for the dREAM/MMB complex in the regulation of differentiation-specific E2F/RB target genes. Mol Cell Biol. 2012;32:2110-20 pubmed publisher..First, it is required for the stability of the repressive dE2F2/RBF complexes at their promoters during S phase. Second, we find that dREAM is indispensable for both transcriptional repression mechanisms employed at these genes. ..
- Previtera M, Hui M, Verma D, Shahin A, Schloss R, Langrana N. The effects of substrate elastic modulus on neural precursor cell behavior. Ann Biomed Eng. 2013;41:1193-207 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, this information can be applied to the development of future neuroregenerative biomaterials for spinal cord repair. ..
- Gleason R, Vora M, Li Y, Kane N, Liao K, Padgett R. C. elegans SMA-10 regulates BMP receptor trafficking. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0180681 pubmed publisher..elegans and suggesting evolutionary conservation of function. Loss of sma-10 results in reduced ubiquitination of the type I receptor SMA-6, suggesting a possible mechanism for its regulation of BMP signaling. ..
- Schulz N, Paulhiac C, Lee L, Zhou R. Isolation and expression analysis of tyro3, a murine growth factor receptor tyrosine kinase preferentially expressed in adult brain. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 1995;28:273-80 pubmed..The highest levels of tyro3 expression in the brain are associated with neurons. The preferential expression of tyro3 in specific regions of the adult mouse brain suggests that tyro3 may function as a novel neurotrophic factor receptor. ..
- LeRoy G, Loyola A, Lane W, Reinberg D. Purification and characterization of a human factor that assembles and remodels chromatin. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:14787-90 pubmed..Since both subunits are homologues of the Drosophila ACF complex (ATP-utilizing chromatin assembly and remodeling factor), we have named this factor human ACF or hACF. ..
- Brownlee H, Gao P, Frisen J, Dreyfus C, Zhou R, Black I. Multiple ephrins regulate hippocampal neurite outgrowth. J Comp Neurol. 2000;425:315-22 pubmed..Our observations suggest that all three septal ephrins, A2, A3, and A5, play spatiotemporally specific roles in guiding topographic projections from the hippocampus. ..
- Burger J, Gochfeld M. On developing bioindicators for human and ecological health. Environ Monit Assess. 2001;66:23-46 pubmed..For long-term support of a bioindicator, the indicator should be easily understood, and be cost effective. We suggest that bioindicators that can also be used for both ecological and human health risk assessment are optimal. ..
- Bendall A, Hu G, Levi G, Abate Shen C. Dlx5 regulates chondrocyte differentiation at multiple stages. Int J Dev Biol. 2003;47:335-44 pubmed
- Abate Shen C. Homeobox genes and cancer: new OCTaves for an old tune. Cancer Cell. 2003;4:329-30 pubmed
- Krause C, Pestka S. Evolution of the Class 2 cytokines and receptors, and discovery of new friends and relatives. Pharmacol Ther. 2005;106:299-346 pubmed..In addition, the genomic analysis led to the discovery of some new members of this family. ..
- Thompson D, Buettner H. Neurite outgrowth is directed by schwann cell alignment in the absence of other guidance cues. Ann Biomed Eng. 2006;34:161-8 pubmed..This work demonstrates that Schwann cell alignment can direct neurite outgrowth in the absence of other directional cues, and provides a new method for examining neuronal-Schwann cell interactions in vitro. ..
- Won Y, Wang Y, Sivasundar A, Raincrow J, Hey J. Nuclear gene variation and molecular dating of the cichlid species flock of Lake Malawi. Mol Biol Evol. 2006;23:828-37 pubmed..An approximate splitting time between mbuna and nonmbuna lineages was estimated as 0.7 Myr. Oreochromis is estimated to have diverged from the cichlids in Lake Malawi and Lake Tanganyika about 18 MYA. ..
- Hu R, Khor T, Shen G, Jeong W, Hebbar V, Chen C, et al. Cancer chemoprevention of intestinal polyposis in ApcMin/+ mice by sulforaphane, a natural product derived from cruciferous vegetable. Carcinogenesis. 2006;27:2038-46 pubmed