Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Nutley, New Jersey, United States
Locale: Nutley, New Jersey, United States
Publications164 found, 100 shown here
- Sarabu R, Bizzarro F, Corbett W, Dvorozniak M, Geng W, Grippo J, et al. Discovery of piragliatin--first glucokinase activator studied in type 2 diabetic patients. J Med Chem. 2012;55:7021-36 pubmed publisher..Piragliatin was found to lower pre- and postprandial glucose levels, improve the insulin secretory profile, increase ?-cell sensitivity to glucose, and decrease hepatic glucose output in patients with T2D. ..
- Tovar C, Graves B, Packman K, Filipovic Z, Higgins B, Xia M, et al. MDM2 small-molecule antagonist RG7112 activates p53 signaling and regresses human tumors in preclinical cancer models. Cancer Res. 2013;73:2587-97 pubmed publisher..Notably, RG7112 was highly synergistic with androgen deprivation in LNCaP xenograft tumors. Our findings offer a preclinical proof-of-concept that RG7112 is effective in treatment of solid tumors expressing wild-type p53. ..
- Liu Q, Mandiyan S, Nelson H, Nelson N. A family of genes encoding neurotransmitter transporters. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1992;89:6639-43 pubmed..The Drosophila gene contains an intron that starts at a position identical to the corresponding positions of all the mammalian genes of the family. ..
- Newman M, Lane E, Iannotti A, Nugent M, Pepinsky R, Keski Oja J. Characterization and purification of a secreted plasminogen activator inhibitor (PAI-1) induced by transforming growth factor-beta 1 in normal rat kidney (NRK) cells: decreased PAI-1 expression in transformed NRK cells. Endocrinology. 1990;126:2936-46 pubmed..A novel purification procedure was established, which results in the isolation of highly active and detergent-free TGF beta 1-induced PAI-1...
- McMahon A, Moon R. int-1--a proto-oncogene involved in cell signalling. Development. 1989;107 Suppl:161-7 pubmed..This results in a striking and specific aberration, bifurcation of the anterior neural tube. Thus, it seems possible that in vertebrates int-1 is able to influence patterning events. ..
- Kinloch R, Wassarman P. Nucleotide sequence of the gene encoding zona pellucida glycoprotein ZP3--the mouse sperm receptor. Nucleic Acids Res. 1989;17:2861-3 pubmed
- Pirozzi G, Terry R, Labow M. Murine vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 (VCAM-1) proteins encoded by alternatively spliced mRNAs are differentially targeted in polarized cells. Cell Adhes Commun. 1994;2:549-56 pubmed..The differential localization of VCAM isoforms on the cell surface has direct implications for the ability of VCAM to mediate cell adhesion and transmigration. ..
- Campfield L, Smith F, Guisez Y, Devos R, Burn P. Recombinant mouse OB protein: evidence for a peripheral signal linking adiposity and central neural networks. Science. 1995;269:546-9 pubmed..The behavioral effects after brain administration suggest that OB protein can act directly on neuronal networks that control feeding and energy balance. ..
- Litscher E, Juntunen K, Seppo A, Penttila L, Niemela R, Renkonen O, et al. Oligosaccharide constructs with defined structures that inhibit binding of mouse sperm to unfertilized eggs in vitro. Biochemistry. 1995;34:4662-9 pubmed
- Parr B, Shea M, Vassileva G, McMahon A. Mouse Wnt genes exhibit discrete domains of expression in the early embryonic CNS and limb buds. Development. 1993;119:247-61 pubmed..We discuss the significance of these patterns of restricted and partially overlapping domains of expression with respect to the putative function of Wnt signalling in early CNS and limb development. ..
- Pullar C, Repetto B, Gilfillan A. Rapid dephosphorylation of the GTPase dynamin after FcepsilonRI aggregation in a rat mast cell line. J Immunol. 1996;157:1226-32 pubmed
- Wu C, Ferrante J, Gately M, Magram J. Characterization of IL-12 receptor beta1 chain (IL-12Rbeta1)-deficient mice: IL-12Rbeta1 is an essential component of the functional mouse IL-12 receptor. J Immunol. 1997;159:1658-65 pubmed
- Presky D, Minetti L, Gillessen S, Wilkinson V, Wu C, Gubler U, et al. Analysis of the multiple interactions between IL-12 and the high affinity IL-12 receptor complex. J Immunol. 1998;160:2174-9 pubmed
- Quiroz J, Machado Vieira R, Zarate C, Manji H. Novel insights into lithium's mechanism of action: neurotrophic and neuroprotective effects. Neuropsychobiology. 2010;62:50-60 pubmed publisher..We expect that a better understanding of the clinically relevant pathophysiological targets of lithium will lead to improved treatments for those who suffer from mood as well as neurodegenerative disorders. ..
- Kolinsky K, Tovar C, Zhang Y, Railkar A, Yang H, Carvajal D, et al. Preclinical evaluation of the novel multi-targeted agent R1530. Cancer Chemother Pharmacol. 2011;68:1585-94 pubmed publisher..These findings support the approach of targeting multiple pathways in the search for potential agents with improved anticancer properties. ..
- Fletcher S, Chin D, Cheng D, Ravindran P, Bitter H, Gruenbaum L, et al. Identification of an intrahepatic transcriptional signature associated with self-limiting infection in the woodchuck model of hepatitis B. Hepatology. 2013;57:13-22 pubmed publisher..We identified new immune pathways associated with the clearance of hepadnavirus infection revealing novel molecular targets with potential for the therapeutic treatment of chronic hepatitis B. ..
- Tan S, Liao C, Lucas M, Stevenson C, Demartino J. Targeting the SYK-BTK axis for the treatment of immunological and hematological disorders: recent progress and therapeutic perspectives. Pharmacol Ther. 2013;138:294-309 pubmed publisher..The current progress on the clinical development of SYK and BTK inhibitors is also highlighted. ..
- Peng R, Sridhar S, Tyagi G, Phillips J, Garrido R, Harris P, et al. Bleomycin induces molecular changes directly relevant to idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis: a model for "active" disease. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e59348 pubmed publisher..Together, these data highlight that a single bleomycin instillation effectively replicates several of the specific pathogenic molecular changes associated with IPF, and may be best used as a model for patients with active disease. ..
- Ruben S, Narayanan R, Klement J, Chen C, Rosen C. Functional characterization of the NF-kappa B p65 transcriptional activator and an alternatively spliced derivative. Mol Cell Biol. 1992;12:444-54 pubmed
- Mandel M, Moriyama Y, Hulmes J, Pan Y, Nelson H, Nelson N. cDNA sequence encoding the 16-kDa proteolipid of chromaffin granules implies gene duplication in the evolution of H+-ATPases. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1988;85:5521-4 pubmed..These findings suggest that the proteolipids of the vacuolar H+-ATPases were evolved in parallel with the eubacterial proteolipid, from a common ancestral gene that underwent gene duplication. ..
- McMahon A, Moon R. Ectopic expression of the proto-oncogene int-1 in Xenopus embryos leads to duplication of the embryonic axis. Cell. 1989;58:1075-84 pubmed..This result suggests that ectopic int-1 expression leads to dual axis formation and points to a role for int-1 in patterning processes in vertebrate development. ..
- Curran T, Gordon M, Rubino K, Sambucetti L. Isolation and characterization of the c-fos(rat) cDNA and analysis of post-translational modification in vitro. Oncogene. 1987;2:79-84 pubmed..It undergoes extensive post-translational modification in the lysate, particularly in the presence of additional cAMP. The c-fos protein synthesized in vitro appears to be phosphorylated by the cAMP-dependent protein kinase. ..
- Ng L, Forrest D, Haugen B, Wood W, Curran T. N-terminal variants of thyroid hormone receptor beta: differential function and potential contribution to syndrome of resistance to thyroid hormone. Mol Endocrinol. 1995;9:1202-13 pubmed
- Ruiz Avila L, McLaughlin S, Wildman D, McKinnon P, Robichon A, Spickofsky N, et al. Coupling of bitter receptor to phosphodiesterase through transducin in taste receptor cells. Nature. 1995;376:80-5 pubmed..Phosphodieterase-mediated degradation of cyclic nucleotides may lead to taste-cell depolarization through the recently identified cyclic-nucleotide-suppressible conductance. ..
- Kavety B, Jenkins N, Fletcher C, Copeland N, Morgan J. Genomic structure and mapping of precerebellin and a precerebellin-related gene. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 1994;27:152-6 pubmed..Cbln1 was positioned to the central region of mouse chromosome 8, 2.3 cM distal of JunB and 6.0 cM proximal of Mt1, while Cbln2 mapped to the distal end of mouse chromosome 18, 1.7 cM telomeric of Mbp. ..
- Supek F, Supekova L, Mandiyan S, Pan Y, Nelson H, Nelson N. A novel accessory subunit for vacuolar H(+)-ATPase from chromaffin granules. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:24102-6 pubmed..Upon inclusion of dog pancreas microsomes in the reaction mixture, a slow migrating band sensitive to peptide:N-glycosidase F was observed. ..
- Schrewe H, Gendron Maguire M, Harbison M, Gridley T. Mice homozygous for a null mutation of activin beta B are viable and fertile. Mech Dev. 1994;47:43-51 pubmed..Breeding tests have shown that both male and female homozygous mutant animals are fertile. ..
- Moskovitz J, Jenkins N, Gilbert D, Copeland N, Jursky F, Weissbach H, et al. Chromosomal localization of the mammalian peptide-methionine sulfoxide reductase gene and its differential expression in various tissues. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1996;93:3205-8 pubmed..In addition, blood and alveolar macrophages showed high expression of the enzyme. The msrA gene was mapped to the central region of mouse chromosome 14, in a region of homology with human chromosomes 13 and 8p21. ..
- Daouti S, Higgins B, Kolinsky K, Packman K, Wang H, Rizzo C, et al. Preclinical in vivo evaluation of efficacy, pharmacokinetics, and pharmacodynamics of a novel MEK1/2 kinase inhibitor RO5068760 in multiple tumor models. Mol Cancer Ther. 2010;9:134-44 pubmed publisher..This study may facilitate future clinical trial design in using biochemical markers for early proof of mechanism and in selecting the right patients and optimal dose regimen. ..
- Tang X, Peng R, Ren Y, Apparsundaram S, Deguzman J, Bauer C, et al. BET bromodomain proteins mediate downstream signaling events following growth factor stimulation in human lung fibroblasts and are involved in bleomycin-induced pulmonary fibrosis. Mol Pharmacol. 2013;83:283-93 pubmed publisher..This study is the first demonstration of a role for Brd2 and Brd4 proteins in mediating the responses of LFs after growth factor stimulation and in driving the induction of lung fibrosis in mice in response to bleomycin challenge. ..
- Tang X, Peng R, Phillips J, Deguzman J, Ren Y, Apparsundaram S, et al. Assessment of Brd4 inhibition in idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis lung fibroblasts and in vivo models of lung fibrosis. Am J Pathol. 2013;183:470-9 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that Brd4 inhibitors may represent a novel therapy for the treatment of rapidly progressing IPF. ..
- Schoenfeld R, Bourdet D, Brameld K, Chin E, de Vicente J, Fung A, et al. Discovery of a novel series of potent non-nucleoside inhibitors of hepatitis C virus NS5B. J Med Chem. 2013;56:8163-82 pubmed publisher..Issues of potency, pharmacokinetics, and early safety were addressed in order to provide a clinical candidate in fluoropyridone 19. ..
- Max M, McKinnon P, Seidenman K, Barrett R, Applebury M, Takahashi J, et al. Pineal opsin: a nonvisual opsin expressed in chick pineal. Science. 1995;267:1502-6 pubmed
- Shaw D, Ennis H. Molecular cloning and developmental regulation of Dictyostelium discoideum homologues of the human and yeast HIV1 Tat-binding protein. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1993;193:1291-6 pubmed..If indeed these proteins in Dictyostelium are also transcription factors, then this finding might indicate that only certain developmentally regulated genes require them. ..
- Jursky F, Tamura S, Tamura A, Mandiyan S, Nelson H, Nelson N. Structure, function and brain localization of neurotransmitter transporters. J Exp Biol. 1994;196:283-95 pubmed..An extensive program of site-directed mutagenesis led us to identify a potential neurotransmitter binding site on the GABA transporters. ..
- Fletcher S, Chin D, Ji Y, Iniguez A, Taillon B, Swinney D, et al. Transcriptomic analysis of the woodchuck model of chronic hepatitis B. Hepatology. 2012;56:820-30 pubmed publisher..Our data establish the translational value of the woodchuck model and provide new insight into immune pathways which may play a role either in the persistence of HBV infection or the sequelae of CHB. ..
- Hedgecock E, Culotti J, Hall D. The unc-5, unc-6, and unc-40 genes guide circumferential migrations of pioneer axons and mesodermal cells on the epidermis in C. elegans. Neuron. 1990;4:61-85 pubmed..These genes probably identify molecular cues on the basal lamina that guide mesodermal migrations. The same basal lamina cues, or perhaps related molecules on the epidermal cell surfaces, guide pioneer neurons. ..
- Wang S, Moriyama Y, Mandel M, Hulmes J, Pan Y, Danho W, et al. Cloning of cDNA encoding a 32-kDa protein. An accessory polypeptide of the H+-ATPase from chromaffin granules. J Biol Chem. 1988;263:17638-42 pubmed..Northern blots revealed the presence of a single mRNA of about 1.6 kb in bovine adrenal medulla. However, liver, lung, and kidney may contain additional mRNA of about 1.7 kb. ..
- Haynes N, Corbett W, Bizzarro F, Guertin K, Hilliard D, Holland G, et al. Discovery, structure-activity relationships, pharmacokinetics, and efficacy of glucokinase activator (2R)-3-cyclopentyl-2-(4-methanesulfonylphenyl)-N-thiazol-2-yl-propionamide (RO0281675). J Med Chem. 2010;53:3618-25 pubmed publisher..Compound 21a (RO0281675) was used to validate the clinical relevance of targeting GK to treat type 2 diabetes. ..
- Valente L, Aubrey B, Herold M, Kelly G, Happo L, Scott C, et al. Therapeutic Response to Non-genotoxic Activation of p53 by Nutlin3a Is Driven by PUMA-Mediated Apoptosis in Lymphoma Cells. Cell Rep. 2016;14:1858-66 pubmed publisher..Importantly, in human cancer, PUMA expression may predict patient responses to treatment with MDM2 antagonists. ..
- Presky D, Yang H, Minetti L, Chua A, Nabavi N, Wu C, et al. A functional interleukin 12 receptor complex is composed of two beta-type cytokine receptor subunits. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1996;93:14002-7 pubmed..These results demonstrate that the functional high-affinity IL-12R is composed of at least two beta-type cytokine receptor subunits, each independently exhibiting a low affinity for IL-12. ..
- Chua A, Wilkinson V, Presky D, Gubler U. Cloning and characterization of a mouse IL-12 receptor-beta component. J Immunol. 1995;155:4286-94 pubmed..Despite the higher affinity displayed by the moIL-12R beta in Ba/F3 cells, this receptor alone is not sufficient to transduce a signal, suggesting that another subunit is probably required to generate a functional moIL-12R complex. ..
- Lira S, Schickler M, Wassarman P. cis-acting DNA elements involved in oocyte-specific expression of mouse sperm receptor gene mZP3 are located close to the gene's transcription start site. Mol Reprod Dev. 1993;36:494-9 pubmed..Rather, enhancer elements are probably present between-153 and -470 nt of the mZP3 5'-flanking region. ..
- Aceto J, Condrescu M, Kroupis C, Nelson H, Nelson N, Nicoll D, et al. Cloning and expression of the bovine cardiac sodium-calcium exchanger. Arch Biochem Biophys. 1992;298:553-60 pubmed..The results suggest that alternate splicing mechanisms may be involved in processing mRNA for the bovine cardiac exchanger. ..
- Morgan J, Slemmon J, Danho W, Hempstead J, Berrebi A, Mugnaini E. Cerebellin and related postsynaptic peptides in the brain of normal and neurodevelopmentally mutant vertebrates. Synapse. 1988;2:117-24 pubmed..In addition, neurodevelopmental mutations of mice that eliminate granule cells cause a large deficit in cerebellin levels, suggesting some form of transneuronal regulation. ..
- Wong G, Gavin B, McMahon A. Differential transformation of mammary epithelial cells by Wnt genes. Mol Cell Biol. 1994;14:6278-86 pubmed..These data demonstrate that the Wnt genes have distinct effects on cell growth and should not be regarded as functionally equivalent. ..
- Kinloch R, Roller R, Fimiani C, Wassarman D, Wassarman P. Primary structure of the mouse sperm receptor polypeptide determined by genomic cloning. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1988;85:6409-13 pubmed..In addition, sequencing of genomic clones has revealed some unusual features of ZP3 mRNA and a region just downstream of the ZP3 gene. ..
- Garattini E, Hua J, Udenfriend S. Cloning and sequencing of bovine kidney alkaline phosphatase cDNA. Gene. 1987;59:41-6 pubmed..The only significant sequence differences occur at the respective C termini. The high degree of homology also extends into the 5' and 3' untranslated regions of the two cDNAs. ..
- Mallo M, Gendron Maguire M, Harbison M, Gridley T. Protein characterization and targeted disruption of Grg, a mouse gene related to the groucho transcript of the Drosophila Enhancer of split complex. Dev Dyn. 1995;204:338-47 pubmed..No dosage-sensitive genetic interaction was detected between the Notch1 and Grg genes in mice heterozygous for a Notch1 mutant allele and homozygous for the Grg null mutation. ..
- Yang H, Higgins B, Kolinsky K, Packman K, Go Z, Iyer R, et al. RG7204 (PLX4032), a selective BRAFV600E inhibitor, displays potent antitumor activity in preclinical melanoma models. Cancer Res. 2010;70:5518-27 pubmed publisher..There was no toxicity observed in any dose group in any of the in vivo models tested. Our findings offer evidence of the potent antitumor activity of RG7204 against melanomas harboring the mutant BRAF(V600E) gene. ..
- Chizzonite R, Truitt T, Podlaski F, Wolitzky A, Quinn P, Nunes P, et al. IL-12: monoclonal antibodies specific for the 40-kDa subunit block receptor binding and biologic activity on activated human lymphoblasts. J Immunol. 1991;147:1548-56 pubmed
- Graves B, Crowther R, Chandran C, Rumberger J, Li S, Huang K, et al. Insight into E-selectin/ligand interaction from the crystal structure and mutagenesis of the lec/EGF domains. Nature. 1994;367:532-8 pubmed..These features of the E-selectin/ligand interaction have important implications for understanding the recruitment of leukocytes to sites of inflammation. ..
- Gillessen S, Carvajal D, Ling P, Podlaski F, Stremlo D, Familletti P, et al. Mouse interleukin-12 (IL-12) p40 homodimer: a potent IL-12 antagonist. Eur J Immunol. 1995;25:200-6 pubmed..Further studies are required to determine whether or not (p40)2 is produced by normal lymphoid cells and is a physiologic regulator of IL-12 activity. ..
- Martin M, Lieberman P, Curran T. Fos-Jun dimerization promotes interaction of the basic region with TFIIE-34 and TFIIF. Mol Cell Biol. 1996;16:2110-8 pubmed..These results suggest that dimerization induces a conformational alteration in the basic region of Fos and Jun that promotes an association with TFIIE-34 and TFIIF, thus contributing to transcription initiation. ..
- McIntyre K, Shuster D, Gillooly K, Warrier R, Connaughton S, Hall L, et al. Reduced incidence and severity of collagen-induced arthritis in interleukin-12-deficient mice. Eur J Immunol. 1996;26:2933-8 pubmed..Taken together, these results demonstrate an important role for IL-12 in the pathogenesis of CIA, although it is not absolutely required for disease development. ..
- McDermott L, Simcox M, Higgins B, Nevins T, Kolinsky K, Smith M, et al. RO4383596, an orally active KDR, FGFR, and PDGFR inhibitor: synthesis and biological evaluation. Bioorg Med Chem. 2005;13:4835-41 pubmed..This agent has an excellent pharmacokinetic profile and is highly efficacious in rodent models of angiogenesis upon oral administration. ..
- Braen A, Perron J, Tellier P, Catala A, Kolaitis G, Geng W. A 4-week intrathecal toxicity and pharmacokinetic study with trastuzumab in cynomolgus monkeys. Int J Toxicol. 2010;29:259-67 pubmed publisher..The results support future studies for further evaluation of intrathecal application of trastuzumab in patients with brain metastases in HER2-positive breast cancer. ..
- Talamas F, Abbot S, Anand S, Brameld K, Carter D, Chen J, et al. Discovery of N-[4-[6-tert-butyl-5-methoxy-8-(6-methoxy-2-oxo-1H-pyridin-3-yl)-3-quinolyl]phenyl]methanesulfonamide (RG7109), a potent inhibitor of the hepatitis C virus NS5B polymerase. J Med Chem. 2014;57:1914-31 pubmed publisher..Profiling of the most promising compounds led to the identification of quinoline 41 (RG7109), which was selected for advancement to clinical development. ..
- Khew Goodall Y, Grillo M, Getchell M, Danho W, Getchell T, Margolis F. Vomeromodulin, a putative pheromone transporter: cloning, characterization, and cellular localization of a novel glycoprotein of lateral nasal gland. FASEB J. 1991;5:2976-82 pubmed..These observations support our hypothesis that vomeromodulin participates in perireceptor events that facilitate the process of pheromone access and detection. ..
- Xanthoudakis S, Viola J, Shaw K, Luo C, Wallace J, Bozza P, et al. An enhanced immune response in mice lacking the transcription factor NFAT1. Science. 1996;272:892-5 pubmed..These results suggest that NFAT1 exerts a negative regulatory influence on the immune response. ..
- Xanthoudakis S, Smeyne R, Wallace J, Curran T. The redox/DNA repair protein, Ref-1, is essential for early embryonic development in mice. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1996;93:8919-23 pubmed..Degeneration of the mutant embryos is clearly evident at embryonic day 5.5. These findings demonstrate that Ref-1 is essential for early embryonic development. ..
- Mallo M, Lieberman P, Gridley T. Possible involvement of the mouse Grg protein in transcription. Cell Mol Biol Res. 1995;41:435-40 pubmed..However, depletion of Grg protein from HeLa nuclear extracts inhibited the in vitro transcription activity of the extracts. We suggest that Grg protein may interact with components of the basal transcription machinery. ..
- Lugo D, Chen S, Hall A, Ziai R, Hempstead J, Morgan J. Developmental regulation of beta-thymosins in the rat central nervous system. J Neurochem. 1991;56:457-61 pubmed..It is concluded that beta-thymosin expression (as measured by steady-state mRNA and polypeptide levels) is both up- and down-regulated during different phases of maturation of the mammalian nervous system. ..
- Ling P, Gately M, Gubler U, Stern A, Lin P, Hollfelder K, et al. Human IL-12 p40 homodimer binds to the IL-12 receptor but does not mediate biologic activity. J Immunol. 1995;154:116-27 pubmed..When p40 is associated with a p35 subunit, the heterodimer acts as an agonist mediating biologic activity. However, when p40 associates with another p40, the homodimer behaves as an antagonist in vitro. ..
- Jursky F, Nelson N. Localization of glycine neurotransmitter transporter (GLYT2) reveals correlation with the distribution of glycine receptor. J Neurochem. 1995;64:1026-33 pubmed..The results indicate that GLYT2 is involved in the termination of glycine neurotransmission accompanying the glycine receptor at the classic inhibitory system in the hindbrain. ..
- Echelard Y, Vassileva G, McMahon A. Cis-acting regulatory sequences governing Wnt-1 expression in the developing mouse CNS. Development. 1994;120:2213-24 pubmed..In addition, transgene expression provides a new tool for the analysis of neural crest development in normal and mutant mouse embryos. ..
- Ramakrishnan S, Sharma H, Farris A, Kaufman K, Harley J, Collins K, et al. Characterization of human telomerase complex. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1997;94:10075-9 pubmed..Polyclonal antibodies to the doublet also immunoprecipitated the telomerase activity. These results suggest an evolutionary conservation of the telomerase proteins. ..
- Grimsby J, Sarabu R, Corbett W, Haynes N, Bizzarro F, Coffey J, et al. Allosteric activators of glucokinase: potential role in diabetes therapy. Science. 2003;301:370-3 pubmed..These findings may lead to the development of new drug therapies for diabetes. ..
- Miao G, Smeyne R, D ARCANGELO G, Copeland N, Jenkins N, Morgan J, et al. Isolation of an allele of reeler by insertional mutagenesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1994;91:11050-4 pubmed..Thus, unlike the two rl alleles described previously, rltg provides a molecular probe that can now be used to identify and isolate the rl gene. ..
- McKune K, Woychik N. Functional substitution of an essential yeast RNA polymerase subunit by a highly conserved mammalian counterpart. Mol Cell Biol. 1994;14:4155-9 pubmed..The conservation in sequence from lower to higher eukaryotes also reflects conservation of function in vivo, since hamster RPB6 supports normal wild-type yeast cell growth in the absence of the essential gene encoding RPB6. ..
- Chen S, Ehrhard P, Goldowitz D, Smeyne R. Developmental expression of the GIRK family of inward rectifying potassium channels: implications for abnormalities in the weaver mutant mouse. Brain Res. 1997;778:251-64 pubmed..This suggests that the presence of the other subtypes are able to compensate for the mutated GIRK2 channel in weaver neurons that survive. ..
- Zhang M, Kim H, Marshall H, Gendron Maguire M, Lucas D, Baron A, et al. Ectopic Hoxa-1 induces rhombomere transformation in mouse hindbrain. Development. 1994;120:2431-42 pubmed..Taken together, these data suggest that ectopic Hoxa-1 expression can reorganize select regions of the developing hindbrain by inducing partial transformations of several rhombomeres into a rhombomere-4-like identity. ..
- Pemrick S, Lucas D, Grippo J. The retinoid receptors. Leukemia. 1994;8:1797-806 pubmed..abstract truncated at 400 words) ..
- Sellers R, Antman M, Phillips J, Khan K, Furst S. Effects of miglyol 812 on rats after 4 weeks of gavage as compared with methylcellulose/tween 80. Drug Chem Toxicol. 2005;28:423-32 pubmed..Therefore, it should not be considered innocuous when delivered by oral gavage in long-term rodent toxicology studies. ..
- Abate C, Luk D, Gentz R, Rauscher F, Curran T. Expression and purification of the leucine zipper and DNA-binding domains of Fos and Jun: both Fos and Jun contact DNA directly. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1990;87:1032-6 pubmed..Moreover, UV-crosslinking studies demonstrated that Fos and Jun contact DNA directly and that both proteins interacted equivalently with either strand of the AP-1-binding site. ..
- Danciger E, Mettling C, Vidal M, Morris R, Margolis F. Olfactory marker protein gene: its structure and olfactory neuron-specific expression in transgenic mice. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1989;86:8565-9 pubmed..1. In Thy-1.2 mice carrying this transgene, Thy-1.1 was expressed solely by olfactory receptor neurons and their axons and terminals in the olfactory bulb. ..
- Blatt C, DePamphilis M. Striking homology between mouse and human transcription enhancer factor-1 (TEF-1). Nucleic Acids Res. 1993;21:747-8 pubmed
- Wertheimer S, Katz S. Molecular cloning and characterization of rabbit TIMP2. Inflamm Res. 1995;44 Suppl 2:S121-2 pubmed
- Stewart C, Kaspar P, Brunet L, Bhatt H, Gadi I, Kontgen F, et al. Blastocyst implantation depends on maternal expression of leukaemia inhibitory factor. Nature. 1992;359:76-9 pubmed..The blastocysts, however, are viable and, when transferred to wild-type pseudopregnant recipients, they can implant and develop to term. ..
- Nanduri V, Hulmes J, Pan Y, Kilian P, Stern A. The role of arginine residues in interleukin 1 receptor binding. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1991;1118:25-35 pubmed..These results suggest that an arginine residue plays an important role in ligand-receptor interaction. ..
- D ARCANGELO G, Miao G, Chen S, Soares H, Morgan J, Curran T. A protein related to extracellular matrix proteins deleted in the mouse mutant reeler. Nature. 1995;374:719-23 pubmed..The encoded protein resembles extracellular matrix proteins involved in cell adhesion. The reeler phenotype thus seems to reflect a failure of early events associated with brain lamination which are normally controlled by reelin. ..
- Mosckovitz R, Udenfriend S, Felix A, Heimer E, Tate S. Membrane topology of the rat kidney neutral and basic amino acid transporter. FASEB J. 1994;8:1069-74 pubmed..Both approaches yielded results consistent with a four MSD Nin-Cin topological model for NBAT. ..
- Porta A, Bettini E, Buiakova O, Baker H, Danho W, Margolis F. Molecular cloning of ictacalcin: a novel calcium-binding protein from the channel catfish, Ictalurus punctatus. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 1996;41:81-9 pubmed..The calcium-binding activity and abundant localization of ictacalcin in epithelial cells of several tissues indicates that this protein plays an important role in catfish calcium homeostasis...
- Guo L, Qian J, Abrams R, Tang H, Weiser T, Sanders M, et al. The electrophysiological effects of cardiac glycosides in human iPSC-derived cardiomyocytes and in guinea pig isolated hearts. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2011;27:453-62 pubmed publisher..hiPSC-CMs reflect similar cardiac pharmacology as seen in isolated cardiac preparations and thus are a suitable model in study of the pharmacology and toxicology of cardioactive ion channel and transporter modulators. ..
- Durkin J, Ahrens D, Pan Y, Reeves J. Purification and amino-terminal sequence of the bovine cardiac sodium-calcium exchanger: evidence for the presence of a signal sequence. Arch Biochem Biophys. 1991;290:369-75 pubmed..The characteristics of the sequences flanking the first putative transmembrane segment of the mature exchanger suggest that the signal sequence is necessary to ensure the correct topological orientation of the exchanger in the membrane. ..
- Slemmon J, Goldowitz D, Blacher R, Morgan J. Evidence for the transneuronal regulation of cerebellin biosynthesis in developing Purkinje cells. J Neurosci. 1988;8:4603-11 pubmed..These results indicate that granule cells can modulate the level of cerebellin in Purkinje cells. A number of models to explain these data are discussed. ..
- Takada S, Stark K, Shea M, Vassileva G, McMahon J, McMahon A. Wnt-3a regulates somite and tailbud formation in the mouse embryo. Genes Dev. 1994;8:174-89 pubmed..We suggest that dysmorphology is secondary to the mesodermal and axial defects and that dorsal patterning of the CNS may be regulated by inductive signals arising from surface ectoderm. ..
- Liu C, Litscher E, Mortillo S, Sakai Y, Kinloch R, Stewart C, et al. Targeted disruption of the mZP3 gene results in production of eggs lacking a zona pellucida and infertility in female mice. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1996;93:5431-6 pubmed..Consistent with this observation, eggs recovered from oviducts of superovulated, adult mZP3-/- females also lack a zona pellucida. Thus far, mZP3-/- females mated with wild-type males have failed to become pregnant. ..
- Daouti S, Li W, Qian H, Huang K, Holmgren J, Levin W, et al. A selective phosphatase of regenerating liver phosphatase inhibitor suppresses tumor cell anchorage-independent growth by a novel mechanism involving p130Cas cleavage. Cancer Res. 2008;68:1162-9 pubmed publisher..This study reveals a new insight into the role of PRL-3 in priming tumor progression and shows that PRL may represent an attractive target for therapeutic intervention in cancer. ..