Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on amino acid sequence in Piscataway, New Jersey, United States
Locale: Piscataway, New Jersey, United States
Topic: amino acid sequence
Publications181 found, 100 shown here
- Mao J, Inouye S, Inouye M. msDNA-Ec48, the smallest multicopy single-stranded DNA from Escherichia coli. J Bacteriol. 1997;179:7865-8 pubmed..Analysis of the DNA sequences flanking the retron indicates that retron-Ec48 is associated with a prophage related to phages P2 and P4. ..
- Liu C, Sleat D, Donnelly R, Lobel P. Structural organization and sequence of CLN2, the defective gene in classical late infantile neuronal ceroid lipofuscinosis. Genomics. 1998;50:206-12 pubmed..Taken together, this information will facilitate the molecular analysis of and genetic testing for classical LINCL. ..
- Feng W, Tejero R, Zimmerman D, Inouye M, Montelione G. Solution NMR structure and backbone dynamics of the major cold-shock protein (CspA) from Escherichia coli: evidence for conformational dynamics in the single-stranded RNA-binding site. Biochemistry. 1998;37:10881-96 pubmed publisher..88 +/- 0.04 ns and provide evidence for fast time scale (taue < 500 ps) dynamics in surface loops and motions on the microsecond to millisecond time scale within the proposed nucleic acid-binding epitope...
- Liu Z, Xie T, Steward R. Lis1, the Drosophila homolog of a human lissencephaly disease gene, is required for germline cell division and oocyte differentiation. Development. 1999;126:4477-88 pubmed..They support the notion that LIS1 functions with the dynein complex to regulate nuclear migration or cell migration. ..
- Firestein B, Rongo C. DLG-1 is a MAGUK similar to SAP97 and is required for adherens junction formation. Mol Biol Cell. 2001;12:3465-75 pubmed..Our results suggest a new function for MAGUK proteins distinct from their role in cell polarity. ..
- Bianchi L, Kwok S, Driscoll M, Sesti F. A potassium channel-MiRP complex controls neurosensory function in Caenorhabditis elegans. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:12415-24 pubmed..elegans neuronal function and unravel a unifying principle of evolutionary significance: that potassium channels in various organisms use MiRPs to generate uniqueness of function with rich variation in the details. ..
- Bupp K, Sarangi A, Roth M. Probing sequence variation in the receptor-targeting domain of feline leukemia virus envelope proteins with peptide display libraries. J Virol. 2005;79:1463-9 pubmed..The ability to isolate Env proteins with unique tropisms dependent on the cells on which the library is screened has direct implications for targeting gene delivery vectors...
- Naryshkina T, Kuznedelov K, Severinov K. The role of the largest RNA polymerase subunit lid element in preventing the formation of extended RNA-DNA hybrid. J Mol Biol. 2006;361:634-43 pubmed..Structural considerations suggest that in the absence of the non-template strand and the lid, a new channel opens within the RNAP molecule that allows continuous DNA-RNA hybrid to exit RNAP. ..
- Kim E, Ko H, Yu W, Hardin P, Edery I. A DOUBLETIME kinase binding domain on the Drosophila PERIOD protein is essential for its hyperphosphorylation, transcriptional repression, and circadian clock function. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:5014-28 pubmed
- Inostroza J, Mermelstein F, Ha I, Lane W, Reinberg D. Dr1, a TATA-binding protein-associated phosphoprotein and inhibitor of class II gene transcription. Cell. 1992;70:477-89 pubmed..Dr1 is phosphorylated in vivo and phosphorylation of Dr1 affected its interaction with TBP. Our results suggest a regulatory role for Dr1 in repression of transcription mediated via phosphorylation. ..
- Munoz Dorado J, Inouye M, Inouye S. Nucleoside diphosphate kinase from Myxococcus xanthus. I. Cloning and sequencing of the gene. J Biol Chem. 1990;265:2702-6 pubmed..In the following paper (Muñoz-Dorado, J., Inouye, S., and Inouye, M. (1990) J. Biol. Chem. 265, 2707-2712), the gene product was biochemically characterized and identified to be a nucleoside diphosphate kinase. ..
- Swarup S, Timmermans M, Chaudhuri S, Messing J. Determinants of the high-methionine trait in wild and exotic germplasm may have escaped selection during early cultivation of maize. Plant J. 1995;8:359-68 pubmed..Examples of the high-methionine delta-class zeins shown here may be generally applicable in explaining the low nutritional quality of most present-day corn grown. ..
- Wydner K, Sechler J, Boyd C, Passmore H. Use of an intron polymorphism to localize the tropoelastin gene to mouse chromosome 5 in a region of linkage conservation with human chromosome 7. Genomics. 1994;23:125-31 pubmed..The linkage and genetic distances between Eln and the closest molecular markers used in this study are centromere-D5Mit95, D5Mit96-6.7 cM-Gus, Eln-4.0 cM-Zp3-telomere. ..
- Yeh C, Shatkin A. A HeLa-cell-encoded p21 is homologous to transcription elongation factor SII. Gene. 1994;143:285-7 pubmed..The deduced amino-acid sequence of p21 indicates that it is hydrophilic, basic and contains nuclear localization signals, as well as multiple consensus phosphorylation sites. ..
- Hou Y, Lin Y, Sharer J, March P. In vivo selection of conditional-lethal mutations in the gene encoding elongation factor G of Escherichia coli. J Bacteriol. 1994;176:123-9 pubmed..It is concluded that these sequences encode a specific domain that is essential for efficient translocase function. ..
- Savage C, Das P, Finelli A, Townsend S, Sun C, Baird S, et al. Caenorhabditis elegans genes sma-2, sma-3, and sma-4 define a conserved family of transforming growth factor beta pathway components. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1996;93:790-4 pubmed..In fact, we have isolated highly conserved dwarfins from vertebrates, indicating that these components are not idiosyncratic to invertebrates. These analyses suggest that dwarfins are conserved cytoplasmic signal transducers. ..
- Tashiro M, Tejero R, Zimmerman D, Celda B, Nilsson B, Montelione G. High-resolution solution NMR structure of the Z domain of staphylococcal protein A. J Mol Biol. 1997;272:573-90 pubmed publisher..Hydrogen-bonded N-cap and C-cap formation is observed for all three helices of the Z domain; these capping interactions appear to be highly conserved in the five homologous domains of SpA...
- Lee J, Spector D, Godon C, Labarre J, Toledano M. A new antioxidant with alkyl hydroperoxide defense properties in yeast. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:4537-44 pubmed..These data suggest that Ahp1p is a yeast orthologue of prokaryotic AhpC and justifies its name of yeast alkyl hydroperoxide reductase. ..
- Shen M, Schier A. The EGF-CFC gene family in vertebrate development. Trends Genet. 2000;16:303-9 pubmed..Here, we review molecular genetic evidence from mouse and zebrafish on biological and biochemical roles of the EGF-CFC family, and discuss differing models for EGF-CFC protein function. ..
- Tan Q, Li X, Sadhale P, Miyao T, Woychik N. Multiple mechanisms of suppression circumvent transcription defects in an RNA polymerase mutant. Mol Cell Biol. 2000;20:8124-33 pubmed..Taken together, these results demonstrate that these three proteins influence transcription and implicate Sro9p in both transcription and posttranscription events. ..
- Western T, Cheng Y, Liu J, Chen X. HUA ENHANCER2, a putative DExH-box RNA helicase, maintains homeotic B and C gene expression in Arabidopsis. Development. 2002;129:1569-81 pubmed
- Yuzenkova J, Delgado M, Nechaev S, Savalia D, Epshtein V, Artsimovitch I, et al. Mutations of bacterial RNA polymerase leading to resistance to microcin j25. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:50867-75 pubmed..We hypothesize that MccJ25 inhibits transcription by binding in RNAP secondary channel and blocking substrate access to the catalytic center. ..
- Riefler G, Balasingam G, Lucas K, Wang S, Hsu S, Firestein B. Exocyst complex subunit sec8 binds to postsynaptic density protein-95 (PSD-95): a novel interaction regulated by cypin (cytosolic PSD-95 interactor). Biochem J. 2003;373:49-55 pubmed..Furthermore, the cytosolic PSD-95 interactor competes with sec8 for interaction with PSD-95. Taken together, our results suggest that the cytosolic PSD-95 interactor may function to regulate the ability of sec8 to bind to PSD-95. ..
- Aramini J, Huang Y, Cort J, Goldsmith Fischman S, Xiao R, Shih L, et al. Solution NMR structure of the 30S ribosomal protein S28E from Pyrococcus horikoshii. Protein Sci. 2003;12:2823-30 pubmed publisher..The 13 C-terminal residues of the protein contain a consensus sequence motif constituting the signature of the S28E protein family. Surprisingly, this C-terminal segment is unstructured in solution...
- Sarma K, Nishioka K, Reinberg D. Tips in analyzing antibodies directed against specific histone tail modifications. Methods Enzymol. 2004;376:255-69 pubmed
- Burns Hamuro L, Barraclough D, Taylor S. Identification and functional analysis of dual-specific A kinase-anchoring protein-2. Methods Enzymol. 2004;390:354-74 pubmed
- Park K, Hernandez L, Cai S, Wang Y, Sesti F. A family of K+ channel ancillary subunits regulate taste sensitivity in Caenorhabditis elegans. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:21893-9 pubmed..Thus, it appears that the chemosensory apparatus of C. elegans uses sensory thresholds and that a voltage-gated K(+) channel is specifically required for this mechanism. ..
- Otani M, Ueki T, Kozuka S, Segawa M, Sano K, Inouye S. Characterization of a small heat shock protein, Mx Hsp16.6, of Myxococcus xanthus. J Bacteriol. 2005;187:5236-41 pubmed..An insertion mutation in the hsp16.6 gene resulted in lower viability during heat shock and lower acquired thermotolerance. Therefore, it is likely that Mx Hsp16.6 plays critical roles in the heat shock response in M. xanthus. ..
- Abraham D, Vershon A. N-terminal arm of Mcm1 is required for transcription of a subset of genes involved in maintenance of the cell wall. Eukaryot Cell. 2005;4:1808-19 pubmed..This suggests that residues 2 to 17 of Mcm1 may be involved in recruiting a cofactor to the promoters of these genes to activate transcription. ..
- Chen C, Schweinsberg P, Vashist S, Mareiniss D, Lambie E, Grant B. RAB-10 is required for endocytic recycling in the Caenorhabditis elegans intestine. Mol Biol Cell. 2006;17:1286-97 pubmed..We found that a functional GFP-RAB-10 reporter protein is localized to endosomes and Golgi in wild-type intestinal cells consistent with a direct role for RAB-10 in this transport pathway. ..
- Kostyukova A, Hitchcock Degregori S, Greenfield N. Molecular basis of tropomyosin binding to tropomodulin, an actin-capping protein. J Mol Biol. 2007;372:608-18 pubmed
- Fernandez J, Welsh W, Firestein B. Structural characterization of the zinc binding domain in cytosolic PSD-95 interactor (cypin): Role of zinc binding in guanine deamination and dendrite branching. Proteins. 2008;70:873-81 pubmed..Furthermore, promotion of dendrite branching by cypin is zinc-dependent. ..
- Li Y, Brodsky B, Baum J. NMR conformational and dynamic consequences of a gly to ser substitution in an osteogenesis imperfecta collagen model peptide. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:20660-7 pubmed publisher..The structural and dynamic alterations reported here may play a role in the etiology of osteogenesis imperfecta by affecting collagen secretion or interactions with other matrix molecules. ..
- Deshpande A, Patel S. Mechanism of transcription initiation by the yeast mitochondrial RNA polymerase. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2012;1819:930-8 pubmed publisher..This article is part of a Special Issue entitled: Mitochondrial Gene Expression. ..
- Inouye S, Herzer P, Inouye M. Two independent retrons with highly diverse reverse transcriptases in Myxococcus xanthus. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1990;87:942-5 pubmed..On the basis of these findings, possible origins of two highly diverse retrons on the M. xanthus chromosome are discussed...
- Zhu Y, Curran I, Joris B, Ghuysen J, Lampen J. Identification of BlaR, the signal transducer for beta-lactamase production in Bacillus licheniformis, as a penicillin-binding protein with strong homology to the OXA-2 beta-lactamase (class D) of Salmonella typhimurium. J Bacteriol. 1990;172:1137-41 pubmed..The BlaR-beta-lactam complex is stable and may provide the continuing stimulus needed for the prolonged production of the enzyme. ..
- Kirihara J, Petri J, Messing J. Isolation and sequence of a gene encoding a methionine-rich 10-kDa zein protein from maize. Gene. 1988;71:359-70 pubmed..Its structure allows us now to re-examine the relationship of all the zein proteins and also to compare the structure of a new class of storage proteins that are rich in methionine, an essential amino acid in livestock fodder. ..
- Xie S, Lam E. Abundance of nuclear DNA topoisomerase II is correlated with proliferation in Arabidopsis thaliana. Nucleic Acids Res. 1994;22:5729-36 pubmed..Using a polyclonal antiserum raised against the C-terminal one-third of AtTOPII, we found that the protein is localized in the nucleus and its level is correlated with the proliferative state of the particular tissue. ..
- Miao Z, Liu X, Lam E. TGA3 is a distinct member of the TGA family of bZIP transcription factors in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Mol Biol. 1994;25:1-11 pubmed..Comparison of the genomic organization between TGA3 and the tobacco homologue PG13 reveals striking conservation in the sizes and positions of exons and introns in the region surrounding the bZIP domain. ..
- Perez J, Shen X, Finkernagel S, Sciorra L, Jenkins N, Gilbert D, et al. Identification and chromosomal mapping of a receptor tyrosine kinase with a putative phospholipid binding sequence in its ectodomain. Oncogene. 1994;9:211-9 pubmed..Using fluorescence in situ hybridization and interspecific backcross mapping, the Cak gene was localized to human chromosome 6 and mouse chromosome 17. ..
- Mart nez Hackert E, Stock A. The DNA-binding domain of OmpR: crystal structures of a winged helix transcription factor. Structure. 1997;5:109-24 pubmed..The structure of OmpRc could be useful in helping to define the positioning of the alpha subunit of RNA polymerase in relation to transcriptional activators that are bound to DNA...
- Sun X, Zhang Y, Cho H, Rickert P, Lees E, Lane W, et al. NAT, a human complex containing Srb polypeptides that functions as a negative regulator of activated transcription. Mol Cell. 1998;2:213-22 pubmed..We suggest that the RNAPII holoenzyme is a transcriptional control panel, integrating and responding to specific signals to activate or repress transcription. ..
- McKim K, Hayashi Hagihara A. mei-W68 in Drosophila melanogaster encodes a Spo11 homolog: evidence that the mechanism for initiating meiotic recombination is conserved. Genes Dev. 1998;12:2932-42 pubmed..In contrast to spo11, mei-W68 is not required for synaptonemal complex formation and does have a mitotic role. ..
- Krishna S, Maduzia L, Padgett R. Specificity of TGFbeta signaling is conferred by distinct type I receptors and their associated SMAD proteins in Caenorhabditis elegans. Development. 1999;126:251-60 pubmed..These findings distinguish between the manner in which signaling specificity is achieved in TGFbeta-like pathways and receptor tyrosine-kinase (RTK) pathways. ..
- Wang G, Yang J, Huibregtse J. Functional domains of the Rsp5 ubiquitin-protein ligase. Mol Cell Biol. 1999;19:342-52 pubmed..In addition, we show that haploid yeast strains bearing complete disruptions of either of two other hect E3 genes of yeast, designated HUL4 (YJR036C) and HUL5 (YGL141W), are viable. ..
- Kanevski I, Maliga P, Rhoades D, Gutteridge S. Plastome engineering of ribulose-1,5-bisphosphate carboxylase/oxygenase in tobacco to form a sunflower large subunit and tobacco small subunit hybrid. Plant Physiol. 1999;119:133-42 pubmed
- Sleat D, Gin R, Sohar I, Wisniewski K, Sklower Brooks S, Pullarkat R, et al. Mutational analysis of the defective protease in classic late-infantile neuronal ceroid lipofuscinosis, a neurodegenerative lysosomal storage disorder. Am J Hum Genet. 1999;64:1511-23 pubmed..An Arg-->His substitution was identified, which was associated with a late age at onset and protracted clinical phenotype, in a number of other patients originally diagnosed with juvenile NCL. ..
- Cho H, Kim T, Mancebo H, Lane W, Flores O, Reinberg D. A protein phosphatase functions to recycle RNA polymerase II. Genes Dev. 1999;13:1540-52 pubmed..The CTD phosphatase was found to be active in ternary elongation complexes. Moreover, the phosphatase stimulates elongation by RNAPII; however, this function is independent of its catalytic activity. ..
- Brownlee H, Gao P, Frisen J, Dreyfus C, Zhou R, Black I. Multiple ephrins regulate hippocampal neurite outgrowth. J Comp Neurol. 2000;425:315-22 pubmed..Our observations suggest that all three septal ephrins, A2, A3, and A5, play spatiotemporally specific roles in guiding topographic projections from the hippocampus. ..
- Chen L, Shinde U, Ortolan T, Madura K. Ubiquitin-associated (UBA) domains in Rad23 bind ubiquitin and promote inhibition of multi-ubiquitin chain assembly. EMBO Rep. 2001;2:933-8 pubmed..These studies suggest that the interaction with Ub is required for Rad23 activity, and that other UBA-containing proteins may have a similar function. ..
- Kuznedelov K, Korzheva N, Mustaev A, Severinov K. Structure-based analysis of RNA polymerase function: the largest subunit's rudder contributes critically to elongation complex stability and is not involved in the maintenance of RNA-DNA hybrid length. EMBO J. 2002;21:1369-78 pubmed..Our results suggest that the rudder makes critical contributions to elongation complex stability through direct interactions with the nascent RNA. ..
- Xu Z, Yan X, Maurais S, Fu H, O Brien D, Mottinger J, et al. Jittery, a Mutator distant relative with a paradoxical mobile behavior: excision without reinsertion. Plant Cell. 2004;16:1105-14 pubmed..These unusual mobile element properties are discussed in light of the structure and gene organization of Jit and related elements. ..
- Toro Roman A, Mack T, Stock A. Structural analysis and solution studies of the activated regulatory domain of the response regulator ArcA: a symmetric dimer mediated by the alpha4-beta5-alpha5 face. J Mol Biol. 2005;349:11-26 pubmed
- Mohs A, Popiel M, Li Y, Baum J, Brodsky B. Conformational features of a natural break in the type IV collagen Gly-X-Y repeat. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:17197-202 pubmed..These results suggest some non-random structure typical of this category of breaks in the Gly-X-Y repeat of the triple helix. ..
- Yeung P, Zhang A, Chen J. Nuclear localization of coactivator RAC3 is mediated by a bipartite NLS and importin alpha3. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;348:13-24 pubmed..Together, these results reveal a previous unknown mechanism for nuclear translocation of p160 coactivators and a critical function of the conserved bHLH within the coactivator. ..
- Caban K, Kinzy S, Copeland P. The L7Ae RNA binding motif is a multifunctional domain required for the ribosome-dependent Sec incorporation activity of Sec insertion sequence binding protein 2. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:6350-60 pubmed..5-kDa protein-U4 snRNA complex strongly supports a two-site model for L7Ae domain function within SBP2. These results provide evidence that the SBP2-ribosome interaction is essential for Sec incorporation. ..
- Chen L, Ai X, Portaliou A, Minetti C, Remeta D, Economou A, et al. Substrate-activated conformational switch on chaperones encodes a targeting signal in type III secretion. Cell Rep. 2013;3:709-15 pubmed publisher..Additionally, we show that the targeting and secretion signals are distinct and that the two processes are likely regulated by different mechanisms. ..
- Behnke J, Cheedalla A, Bhatt V, Bhat M, Teng S, Palmieri A, et al. Neuropeptide VGF Promotes Maturation of Hippocampal Dendrites That Is Reduced by Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms. Int J Mol Sci. 2017;18: pubmed publisher..The findings may have implications for people suffering from psychiatric disease or other conditions who may have altered VGF levels. ..
- Gennity J, Kim H, Inouye M. Structural determinants in addition to the amino-terminal sorting sequence influence membrane localization of Escherichia coli lipoproteins. J Bacteriol. 1992;174:2095-101 pubmed..Therefore, structural determinants in addition to the amino-terminal sorting sequence influence the membrane localization of lipoproteins. ..
- Montelione G, Wuthrich K, Burgess A, Nice E, Wagner G, Gibson K, et al. Solution structure of murine epidermal growth factor determined by NMR spectroscopy and refined by energy minimization with restraints. Biochemistry. 1992;31:236-49 pubmed
- He B, Chen P, Chen S, Vancura K, Michaelis S, Powers S. RAM2, an essential gene of yeast, and RAM1 encode the two polypeptide components of the farnesyltransferase that prenylates a-factor and Ras proteins. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1991;88:11373-7 pubmed..In contrast, disruption of RAM2 was lethal, suggesting that Ram2 has an essential function in addition to its role with Ram1 in protein farnesylation. ..
- Purvis D, Theiler R, Niederman R. Chromatographic and protein chemical analysis of the ubiquinol-cytochrome c2 oxidoreductase isolated from Rhodobacter sphaeroides. J Biol Chem. 1990;265:1208-15 pubmed..Tryptic fragments were also used to generate sequence information for cytochrome c1. ..
- Kumar C, Muthukumaran G, Frost L, Noe M, Ahn Y, Mariano T, et al. Molecular characterization of the murine interferon gamma receptor cDNA. J Biol Chem. 1989;264:17939-46 pubmed
- Bassuk J, Kao W, Herzer P, Kedersha N, Seyer J, DeMartino J, et al. Prolyl 4-hydroxylase: molecular cloning and the primary structure of the alpha subunit from chicken embryo. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1989;86:7382-6 pubmed
- Ma D, Watanabe H, Mermelstein F, Admon A, Oguri K, Sun X, et al. Isolation of a cDNA encoding the largest subunit of TFIIA reveals functions important for activated transcription. Genes Dev. 1993;7:2246-57 pubmed..Interestingly, amino acid sequence analyses of the beta-subunit demonstrate these residues to be entirely contained within the carboxyl terminus of the cDNA clone encoding the alpha-subunit. ..
- McKinnon R, Piras G, Ida J, Dubois Dalcq M. A role for TGF-beta in oligodendrocyte differentiation. J Cell Biol. 1993;121:1397-407 pubmed..Moreover, our results suggest that TGF-beta may be an important mediator of oligodendrocyte differentiation. ..
- Zhang H, Catron K, Abate Shen C. A role for the Msx-1 homeodomain in transcriptional regulation: residues in the N-terminal arm mediate TATA binding protein interaction and transcriptional repression. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1996;93:1764-9 pubmed
- Lu J, Kobayashi R, Brill S. Characterization of a high mobility group 1/2 homolog in yeast. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:33678-85 pubmed..Taken together, the data indicate that HMO1 is likely to be the homolog of HMG1/2 in higher cells and that it plays an important role in genome maintenance. ..
- Martinez Hackert E, Stock A. Structural relationships in the OmpR family of winged-helix transcription factors. J Mol Biol. 1997;269:301-12 pubmed..Mutagenesis studies performed on several members of this family, OmpR, PhoB, ToxR and VirG, can now be interpreted with respect to the structure. ..
- Yamanaka K, Fang L, Inouye M. The CspA family in Escherichia coli: multiple gene duplication for stress adaptation. Mol Microbiol. 1998;27:247-55 pubmed..The E. coli CspA family will be discussed in terms of their structures and functions, and their gene structures and regulation. ..
- Das P, Maduzia L, Wang H, Finelli A, Cho S, Smith M, et al. The Drosophila gene Medea demonstrates the requirement for different classes of Smads in dpp signaling. Development. 1998;125:1519-28 pubmed..These results provide a paradigm for, and distinguish between, the requirement for class I and II Smads in Dpp/BMP signaling. ..
- Akoulitchev S, Reinberg D. The molecular mechanism of mitotic inhibition of TFIIH is mediated by phosphorylation of CDK7. Genes Dev. 1998;12:3541-50 pubmed..Negative and positive regulation of TFIIH requires phosphorylation within the T-loop of CDK7. Our data establishes TFIIH and its subunit CDK7 as a direct link between the regulation of transcription and the cell cycle. ..
- Zhang Y, Ng H, Erdjument Bromage H, Tempst P, Bird A, Reinberg D. Analysis of the NuRD subunits reveals a histone deacetylase core complex and a connection with DNA methylation. Genes Dev. 1999;13:1924-35 pubmed..MBD2 interacts with the NuRD complex and directs the complex to methylated DNA. NuRD may provide a means of gene silencing by DNA methylation. ..
- Gordon M, Marchant J, Foley J, Igoe F, Gibney E, Nah H, et al. Complete primary structure of the chicken alpha1(V) collagen chain. Matrix Biol. 1999;18:481-6 pubmed..We present here the entire translated sequence of the chick polypeptide and compare selected regions to other collagen chains in the type V/XI family. ..
- Bhattacharya A, Steward R. The Drosophila homolog of NTF-2, the nuclear transport factor-2, is essential for immune response. EMBO Rep. 2002;3:378-83 pubmed..We also found that DNTF-2 interacts directly with Mbo/DNup88, which does not contain phenylalanine-glycine-rich repeats, but has been shown to function in the import of Rel proteins. ..
- Hitchcock Degregori S, Song Y, Greenfield N. Functions of tropomyosin's periodic repeats. Biochemistry. 2002;41:15036-44 pubmed..We propose that the local structure and stability, and consequent flexibility, of the coiled coil are major determinants of actin affinity. ..
- He X, Shen J, Hu W, Ding X, Lu A, Hong J. Identification of Val117 and Arg372 as critical amino acid residues for the activity difference between human CYP2A6 and CYP2A13 in coumarin 7-hydroxylation. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2004;427:143-53 pubmed..Together with the kinetic characterization, our structural modeling provides explanations for the amino acid substitution results and the insights of detailed enzyme-substrate interactions. ..
- Geldziler B, Chatterjee I, Singson A. The genetic and molecular analysis of spe-19, a gene required for sperm activation in Caenorhabditis elegans. Dev Biol. 2005;283:424-36 pubmed
- Sleat D, Zheng H, Qian M, Lobel P. Identification of sites of mannose 6-phosphorylation on lysosomal proteins. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2006;5:686-701 pubmed
- Anand M, Balar B, Ulloque R, Gross S, Kinzy T. Domain and nucleotide dependence of the interaction between Saccharomyces cerevisiae translation elongation factors 3 and 1A. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:32318-26 pubmed..The dynamics of when eEF3 interacts with eEF1A may be part of the signal for transition of the post to pre-translocational ribosomal state in yeast. ..
- Gratacós F, Brewer G. The role of AUF1 in regulated mRNA decay. Wiley Interdiscip Rev RNA. 2010;1:457-73 pubmed publisher..This review briefly describes the roles of mRNA decay in gene expression in general and ARE-mediated decay (AMD) in particular, with a focus on AUF1 and the different modes of regulation that govern AUF1 involvement in AMD. ..
- Mukhamedyarov D, Makarova K, Severinov K, Kuznedelov K. Francisella RNA polymerase contains a heterodimer of non-identical ? subunits. BMC Mol Biol. 2011;12:50 pubmed publisher..Most likely the two rpoA copies in Francisella have emerged through a lineage-specific duplication followed by subfunctionalization of interacting paralogs. ..
- Mazari P, Argaw T, Valdivieso L, Zhang X, Marcucci K, Salomon D, et al. Comparison of the convergent receptor utilization of a retargeted feline leukemia virus envelope with a naturally-occurring porcine endogenous retrovirus A. Virology. 2012;427:118-26 pubmed publisher..Through a panel of receptor chimeras and point mutations, this area was also found to be responsible for the differential usage of the PoPAR receptor between CP and PERV-A. ..
- Rossi P, Barbieri C, Aramini J, Bini E, Lee H, Janjua H, et al. Structures of apo- and ssDNA-bound YdbC from Lactococcus lactis uncover the function of protein domain family DUF2128 and expand the single-stranded DNA-binding domain proteome. Nucleic Acids Res. 2013;41:2756-68 pubmed publisher..The DUF2128 family is related to the eukaryotic nuclear protein positive cofactor 4 (PC4) family and to the PUR family both by fold similarity and molecular function...
- Goldstein J, Pollitt N, Inouye M. Major cold shock protein of Escherichia coli. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1990;87:283-7 pubmed..We have cloned the gene encoding this protein and have completed the nucleotide sequence analysis, which revealed that the gene encodes a hydrophilic protein of 70 amino acid residues...
- Saus J, Quinones S, MacKrell A, Blumberg B, Muthukumaran G, Pihlajaniemi T, et al. The complete primary structure of mouse alpha 2(IV) collagen. Alignment with mouse alpha 1(IV) collagen. J Biol Chem. 1989;264:6318-24 pubmed..Chem. 264, 6310-6317) suggests that a heterotrimeric collagen IV molecule contains 26 imperfections in the triple-helical domain. The proposed alignment is consistent with the physical data on the length and flexibility of collagen IV. ..
- Kurys G, Shah P, Kikonygo A, Reed D, Ambroziak W, Pietruszko R. Human aldehyde dehydrogenase. cDNA cloning and primary structure of the enzyme that catalyzes dehydrogenation of 4-aminobutyraldehyde. Eur J Biochem. 1993;218:311-20 pubmed..7% positional identity), a prokaryotic enzyme specific for betaine aldehyde. ..
- Schaar D, Varia M, Elkabes S, Ramakrishnan L, Dreyfus C, Black I. The identification of a novel cDNA preferentially expressed in the olfactory-limbic system of the adult rat. Brain Res. 1996;721:217-28 pubmed