Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on acetolactate synthase in Ithaca, New York, United States
Locale: Ithaca, New York, United States
Topic: acetolactate synthase
- Platko J, Willins D, Calvo J. The ilvIH operon of Escherichia coli is positively regulated. J Bacteriol. 1990;172:4563-70 pubmed..We propose that the designation lrp be used in the future instead of oppI or ihb and that Lrp (leucine-responsive regulatory protein) be used in place of IHB. ..
- Renna M, Najimudin N, Winik L, Zahler S. Regulation of the Bacillus subtilis alsS, alsD, and alsR genes involved in post-exponential-phase production of acetoin. J Bacteriol. 1993;175:3863-75 pubmed..Two mutations that cause increased expression of the alsSD operon have been isolated, cloned, and sequenced. They each change an amino acid in the AlsR protein. ..
- Wang Q, Calvo J. Lrp, a global regulatory protein of Escherichia coli, binds co-operatively to multiple sites and activates transcription of ilvIH. J Mol Biol. 1993;229:306-18 pubmed..We propose a model in which multiple binding sites contribute to the formation of a nucleoprotein complex, but only a particular proximal site positions Lrp properly so that it interacts with RNA polymerase. ..
- Zhao J, Williams C, Last R. Induction of Arabidopsis tryptophan pathway enzymes and camalexin by amino acid starvation, oxidative stress, and an abiotic elicitor. Plant Cell. 1998;10:359-70 pubmed..The role of salicylic acid in herbicide-mediated Trp and camalexin induction was investigated. ..
- Chen S, Iannolo M, Calvo J. Cooperative binding of the leucine-responsive regulatory protein (Lrp) to DNA. J Mol Biol. 2005;345:251-64 pubmed
- Jafri S, Chen S, Calvo J. ilvIH operon expression in Escherichia coli requires Lrp binding to two distinct regions of DNA. J Bacteriol. 2002;184:5293-300 pubmed