Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on cell line in Lincoln, Nebraska, United States
Locale: Lincoln, Nebraska, United States
Topic: cell line
- Kim H, Gladyshev V. Role of structural and functional elements of mouse methionine-S-sulfoxide reductase in its subcellular distribution. Biochemistry. 2005;44:8059-67 pubmed
- Dinh P, Beura L, Das P, Panda D, Das A, Pattnaik A. Induction of stress granule-like structures in vesicular stomatitis virus-infected cells. J Virol. 2013;87:372-83 pubmed publisher..The functional significance of these SG-like structures in VSV-infected cells is currently under investigation...
- Zhang Y, Jones C. The bovine herpesvirus 1 immediate-early protein (bICP0) associates with histone deacetylase 1 to activate transcription. J Virol. 2001;75:9571-8 pubmed..We hypothesize that the ability of bICP0 to overcome HDAC1-induced repression plays a role in promoting productive infection in highly differentiated cell types...
- Inman M, Lovato L, Doster A, Jones C. A mutation in the latency-related gene of bovine herpesvirus 1 leads to impaired ocular shedding in acutely infected calves. J Virol. 2001;75:8507-15 pubmed..Neutralizing antibody titers were lower in calves infected with the LR mutant, confirming reduced growth. In summary, this study suggests that an LR protein promotes ocular shedding during acute infection of calves...
- Malinouski M, Zhou Y, Belousov V, Hatfield D, Gladyshev V. Hydrogen peroxide probes directed to different cellular compartments. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e14564 pubmed publisher..Our data provide information on compartmentalization, dynamics and homeostatic control of hydrogen peroxide in mammalian cells. ..
- Xu D, Meyer F, Ehlers E, Blasnitz L, Zhang L. Interferon regulatory factor 4 (IRF-4) targets IRF-5 to regulate Epstein-Barr virus transformation. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:18261-7 pubmed publisher..This work provides insight on how IRFs interact with one another to participate in viral pathogenesis and transformation. ..
- Wang Y, Xing K, Lou M. Regulation of cytosolic phospholipase A2 (cPLA2alpha) and its association with cell proliferation in human lens epithelial cells. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2011;52:8231-40 pubmed publisher..cPLA(2)? is regulated by calcium mobilization and mitogen-activated protein kinases (MAPK) activation. Both PDGF mitogenic action and calcium signaling are cPLA(2)?-dependent. ..
- Abdalla M, Hoke T, Seravalli J, Switzer B, Bavitz M, Fliege J, et al. Pseudomonas Quinolone Signal Induces Oxidative Stress and Inhibits Heme Oxygenase-1 Expression in Lung Epithelial Cells. Infect Immun. 2017;85: pubmed publisher..1 cells (P < 0.05, n = 3), as determined by immunoblotting and densitometry. These PQS effects on host cells could play an important role in the pathogenicity of P. aeruginosa infections. ..
- Workman A, Perez S, Doster A, Jones C. Dexamethasone treatment of calves latently infected with bovine herpesvirus 1 leads to activation of the bICP0 early promoter, in part by the cellular transcription factor C/EBP-alpha. J Virol. 2009;83:8800-9 pubmed publisher..Activation of bICP0 early promoter activity does not necessarily lead to late gene expression and virus shedding. ..
- Zhang L, Bharadwaj A, Casper A, Barkley J, Barycki J, Simpson M. Hyaluronidase activity of human Hyal1 requires active site acidic and tyrosine residues. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:9433-42 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these studies define key components of Hyal1 active site catalysis, and structural factors critical for stability. Such detailed understanding will allow rational design of enzyme modulators. ..
- Meyer F, Jones C. The cellular transcription factor, CCAAT enhancer-binding protein alpha (C/EBP-alpha), has the potential to activate the bovine herpesvirus 1 immediate-early transcription unit 1 promoter. J Neurovirol. 2009;15:123-30 pubmed publisher..These studies suggest that C/EBPalpha stimulates productive infection and reactivation from latency, in part, by cooperating with bTIF to activate IEtu1 promoter activity. ..
- Geiser V, Jones C. Localization of sequences within the latency-related gene of bovine herpesvirus 1 that inhibit mammalian cell growth. J Neurovirol. 2005;11:563-70 pubmed..Introduction of stop codons into the XbaI-PstI fragment had no effect on inhibiting growth. Expression of a LR strand-specific transcript correlates with growth inhibition in bovine fibroblasts and mouse neuroblastoma cells...
- Lovato L, Inman M, Henderson G, Doster A, Jones C. Infection of cattle with a bovine herpesvirus 1 strain that contains a mutation in the latency-related gene leads to increased apoptosis in trigeminal ganglia during the transition from acute infection to latency. J Virol. 2003;77:4848-57 pubmed..Taken together, these results suggest that the antiapoptotic properties of the LR gene play an important role during the establishment of latency...
- Gopinath R, Ambagala A, Hinkley S, Srikumaran S. Effects of virion host shut-off activity of bovine herpesvirus 1 on MHC class I expression. Viral Immunol. 2002;15:595-608 pubmed..Absence of vhs activity should result in decreased pathogenicity and enhanced immunogenicity of BHV-1 vhs deletion mutant, making it a better vaccine candidate...
- Jaber T, Workman A, Jones C. Small noncoding RNAs encoded within the bovine herpesvirus 1 latency-related gene can reduce steady-state levels of infected cell protein 0 (bICP0). J Virol. 2010;84:6297-307 pubmed publisher..During dexamethasone-induced reactivation from latency, XP-specific sncRNA levels were reduced, suggesting that these sncRNAs support the establishment and maintenance of lifelong latency in cattle. ..
- Oltean S, Banerjee R. A B12-responsive internal ribosome entry site (IRES) element in human methionine synthase. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:32662-8 pubmed..Modulation of the IRES-dependent translation of an essential gene by the cofactor of the encoded enzyme represents a novel example of a gene-nutrient interaction. ..
- Thurston Enriquez J, Haas C, Jacangelo J, Gerba C. Inactivation of enteric adenovirus and feline calicivirus by chlorine dioxide. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2005;71:3100-5 pubmed..U.S. Environmental Protection Agency guidance manual Ct99.99% values are higher than Ct99.99% values calculated from bench-scale experiments and from EFH model application. ..
- Workman A, Eudy J, Smith L, da Silva L, Sinani D, Bricker H, et al. Cellular transcription factors induced in trigeminal ganglia during dexamethasone-induced reactivation from latency stimulate bovine herpesvirus 1 productive infection and certain viral promoters. J Virol. 2012;86:2459-73 pubmed publisher
- Olson A, Rico A, Wang Z, Delhon G, Wiebe M. Deletion of the Vaccinia Virus B1 Kinase Reveals Essential Functions of This Enzyme Complemented Partly by the Homologous Cellular Kinase VRK2. J Virol. 2017;91: pubmed publisher..As a result, we have discovered that B1 and VRK2 target a common set of substrates vital to productive infection of this large cytoplasmic DNA virus. ..
- Pahan K, Sheikh F, Liu X, Hilger S, McKinney M, Petro T. Induction of nitric-oxide synthase and activation of NF-kappaB by interleukin-12 p40 in microglial cells. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:7899-905 pubmed..This study delineates a novel role of IL-12 p40 in inducing the expression of iNOS in microglial cells, which may participate in the pathogenesis of neuroinflammatory diseases. ..