Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Bozeman, Montana, United States
Locale: Bozeman, Montana, United States
Publications132 found, 100 shown here
- Wezensky S, Hanks T, Wilkison M, Ammons M, Siemsen D, Gauss K. Modulation of PLAGL2 transactivation by positive cofactor 2 (PC2), a component of the ARC/Mediator complex. Gene. 2010;452:22-34 pubmed publisher..Together, the data identify PC2 as a novel PLAGL2-binding protein and important mediator of PLAGL2 transactivation. ..
- Kouakou K, Schepetkin I, Jun S, Kirpotina L, Yapi A, Khramova D, et al. Immunomodulatory activity of polysaccharides isolated from Clerodendrum splendens: beneficial effects in experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2013;13:149 pubmed publisher..However, little is known about the high-molecular weight active components conferring therapeutic properties to these extracts...
- Elmore B, Bollinger J, Dooley D. Human kidney diamine oxidase: heterologous expression, purification, and characterization. J Biol Inorg Chem. 2002;7:565-79 pubmed..0 and 8.2. Tissue-specific expression of the human diamine oxidase gene was investigated using an mRNA array. The relevance of this work to earlier work and the suggested physiological roles of the human enzyme are discussed. ..
- Kasemeier Kulesa J, Kulesa P, Lefcort F. Imaging neural crest cell dynamics during formation of dorsal root ganglia and sympathetic ganglia. Development. 2005;132:235-45 pubmed..The diverse cell migratory behaviors and active reorganization at the target suggest that cell-cell and cell-environment interactions are coordinated with dynamic molecular processes. ..
- Sheehan K, Henson J, Ferris M. Legionella species diversity in an acidic biofilm community in Yellowstone National Park. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2005;71:507-11 pubmed..We detected only one sequence, Legionella micdadei, from cultivated isolates. We cultured and sequenced partial 18S rRNA gene regions from two potential hosts, Acanthamoeba and Euglena species...
- Jun S, Gilmore W, Callis G, Rynda A, Haddad A, Pascual D. A live diarrheal vaccine imprints a Th2 cell bias and acts as an anti-inflammatory vaccine. J Immunol. 2005;175:6733-40 pubmed
- Hapner S, Nielsen K, Chaverra M, Esper R, Loeb J, Lefcort F. NT-3 and CNTF exert dose-dependent, pleiotropic effects on cells in the immature dorsal root ganglion: neuregulin-mediated proliferation of progenitor cells and neuronal differentiation. Dev Biol. 2006;297:182-97 pubmed..Thus, the genesis and differentiation of neurons and glia in the DRG are dependent upon reciprocal interactions among nascent neurons, glia, and mitotically active progenitor cells. ..
- Angel T, Kraft P, Dratz E. Metarhodopsin-II stabilization by crosslinked Gtalpha C-terminal peptides and implications for the mechanism of GPCR-G protein coupling. Vision Res. 2006;46:4547-55 pubmed
- King Q, Lei B, Harmsen A. Pneumococcal surface protein A contributes to secondary Streptococcus pneumoniae infection after influenza virus infection. J Infect Dis. 2009;200:537-45 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that PspA contributes to secondary S. pneumoniae infection after influenza virus infection and that PspA immunization mitigates early secondary pneumococcal lung infections. ..
- Meissner N, Swain S, McInnerney K, Han S, Harmsen A. Type-I IFN signaling suppresses an excessive IFN-gamma response and thus prevents lung damage and chronic inflammation during Pneumocystis (PC) clearance in CD4 T cell-competent mice. Am J Pathol. 2010;176:2806-18 pubmed publisher..Therefore, partial immune-reconstitution in AIDS, attributable to reduced type-I IFN actions, might disrupt regulatory aspects of inflammation, causing unexplained chronic pulmonary complications as seen in some patients during HAART. ..
- Klaphake E. A fresh look at metabolic bone diseases in reptiles and amphibians. Vet Clin North Am Exot Anim Pract. 2010;13:375-92 pubmed publisher..Treatment options also present challenges in corrective husbandry and diet modifications, medication/modality selection, and dosing/regimen parameters...
- Rynda Apple A, Huarte E, Maddaloni M, Callis G, Skyberg J, Pascual D. Active immunization using a single dose immunotherapeutic abates established EAE via IL-10 and regulatory T cells. Eur J Immunol. 2011;41:313-23 pubmed publisher..These data show the feasibility of using p?1 as a tolerogen platform for Ag-specific tolerance induction and highlight its potential use as an immunotherapeutic for autoimmunity. ..
- Clapp B, Skyberg J, Yang X, Thornburg T, Walters N, Pascual D. Protective live oral brucellosis vaccines stimulate Th1 and th17 cell responses. Infect Immun. 2011;79:4165-74 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that oral immunization with the live, attenuated ?znuA B. melitensis vaccine provides an attractive strategy to protect against inhalational infection with virulent B. melitensis. ..
- Hedges J, Kimmel E, Snyder D, Jerome M, Jutila M. Solute carrier 11A1 is expressed by innate lymphocytes and augments their activation. J Immunol. 2013;190:4263-73 pubmed publisher..Expression of SLC11A1 in innate lymphocytes and its role in augmenting their activation may account for inconsistencies in studies of innate lymphocytes in different animal models. ..
- Mann L, Anderson K, Luo M, Bond C. Molecular and structural basis of hemagglutination in mengovirus. Virology. 1992;190:337-45 pubmed..Eleven amino acid differences were observed between the structural proteins of mengovirus-M and 37A, five in VP1, three in VP2, and three in VP3. ..
- Rhyan J, Stackhouse L, Quinn W. Fetal and placental lesions in bovine abortion due to Tritrichomonas foetus. Vet Pathol. 1988;25:350-5 pubmed..Pyogranulomatous bronchopneumonia was in six of the 11 lungs which were examined. Trichomonad organisms were demonstrated within the placental stroma in all cases and free or phagocytized in pulmonary airways in seven cases...
- Harmsen A, Kusser K, Hartson L, Tighe M, Sunshine M, Sedgwick J, et al. Cutting edge: organogenesis of nasal-associated lymphoid tissue (NALT) occurs independently of lymphotoxin-alpha (LT alpha) and retinoic acid receptor-related orphan receptor-gamma, but the organization of NALT is LT alpha dependent. J Immunol. 2002;168:986-90 pubmed..These results demonstrate that the organogenesis of NALT occurs through unique mechanisms. ..
- Funston R, Ansotegui R, Lipsey R, Geary T. Synchronization of estrus in beef heifers using either melengesterol acetate (MGA)/prostaglandin or MGA/Select Synch. Theriogenology. 2002;57:1485-91 pubmed..In summary, short-term (7 days) MGA feeding preceding the Select Synch protocol produced similar synchronization, conception, and pregnancy rates as the traditional MGA/PGF protocol. ..
- Shepard E, Smith J, Elmore B, Kuchar J, Sayre L, Dooley D. Towards the development of selective amine oxidase inhibitors. Mechanism-based inhibition of six copper containing amine oxidases. Eur J Biochem. 2002;269:3645-58 pubmed..Collectively, these results suggest that the development of highly selective amine oxidase inhibitors is feasible. ..
- Ezra D, Castillo U, Strobel G, Hess W, Porter H, Jensen J, et al. Coronamycins, peptide antibiotics produced by a verticillate Streptomyces sp. (MSU-2110) endophytic on Monstera sp. Microbiology. 2004;150:785-93 pubmed..Amino acid analysis of coronamycin revealed residues of component 1, component 2, methionine, tyrosine and leucine at a ratio of 2:2:1:1:3. Other compounds with antifungal activities are also produced by this endophytic streptomycete. ..
- Wigglesworth Cooksey B, Cooksey K. Use of fluorophore-conjugated lectins to study cell-cell interactions in model marine biofilms. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2005;71:428-35 pubmed..Awareness of interactions of this type is important in the study of natural biofilms. ..
- Tucker T, Kundert J, Bondareva A, Schmidt E. Reproductive and neurological Quaking(viable) phenotypes in a severe combined immune deficient mouse background. Immunogenetics. 2005;57:226-31 pubmed..Results showed that neither defect was ameliorated in the immune-deficient background. We conclude that the Qkv pathologies do not likely involve a B- or T-cell-dependent response against these immune-privileged sites...
- Schepetkin I, Faulkner C, Nelson Overton L, Wiley J, Quinn M. Macrophage immunomodulatory activity of polysaccharides isolated from Juniperus scopolorum. Int Immunopharmacol. 2005;5:1783-99 pubmed..These data suggest that at least part of the beneficial therapeutic effects reported for extracts of juniper cones are due to modulation of monocyte/macrophage immune functions...
- Sun Rhodes L, Merzdorf C. The zic1 gene is expressed in chick somites but not in migratory neural crest. Gene Expr Patterns. 2006;6:539-45 pubmed..Double-label experiments showed that cells expressing zic1 are not labeled by the HNK-1 antibody specific for migratory neural crest cells. Thus, migrating neural crest cells do not express zic1. ..
- Wagner A, Creel S, Kalinowski S. Estimating relatedness and relationships using microsatellite loci with null alleles. Heredity (Edinb). 2006;97:336-45 pubmed..Finally, we use simulated data to confirm that this method works better than two common approaches, namely ignoring the presence of null alleles or discarding affected loci. ..
- Shaneyfelt M, Burke A, Graff J, Jutila M, Hardy M. Natural products that reduce rotavirus infectivity identified by a cell-based moderate-throughput screening assay. Virol J. 2006;3:68 pubmed
- Yang X, Hinnebusch B, Trunkle T, Bosio C, Suo Z, Tighe M, et al. Oral vaccination with salmonella simultaneously expressing Yersinia pestis F1 and V antigens protects against bubonic and pneumonic plague. J Immunol. 2007;178:1059-67 pubmed..pestis. These results show that a single Salmonella vaccine can deliver both F1- and V-Ags to effect both systemic and mucosal immune protection against Y. pestis. ..
- Hedges J, Buckner D, Rask K, Kerns H, Jackiw L, Trunkle T, et al. Mucosal lymphatic-derived gammadelta T cells respond early to experimental Salmonella enterocolitis by increasing expression of IL-2R alpha. Cell Immunol. 2007;246:8-16 pubmed..Together with gene expression trends in vivo, these data support early priming activation of target tissue gammadelta T cells during Salmonella serovar Typhimurium infection. ..
- Lochridge V, Hardy M. A single-amino-acid substitution in the P2 domain of VP1 of murine norovirus is sufficient for escape from antibody neutralization. J Virol. 2007;81:12316-22 pubmed
- Xie G, Schepetkin I, Quinn M. Immunomodulatory activity of acidic polysaccharides isolated from Tanacetum vulgare L. Int Immunopharmacol. 2007;7:1639-50 pubmed..Taken together, our results provide a molecular basis to explain at least part of the beneficial therapeutic effects of Tansy extracts, and support the concept of using Tansy polysaccharides as an immunotherapeutic adjuvant...
- Cornish E, Hurtgen B, McInnerney K, Burritt N, Taylor R, Jarvis J, et al. Reduced nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide phosphate oxidase-independent resistance to Aspergillus fumigatus in alveolar macrophages. J Immunol. 2008;180:6854-67 pubmed..Our results indicate that early transcription in mouse AM exposed to conidia in vivo targets neutrophil recruitment, and that NADPH oxidase-independent mechanisms in AM contribute to inhibition of conidial germination. ..
- Willger S, Puttikamonkul S, Kim K, Burritt J, Grahl N, Metzler L, et al. A sterol-regulatory element binding protein is required for cell polarity, hypoxia adaptation, azole drug resistance, and virulence in Aspergillus fumigatus. PLoS Pathog. 2008;4:e1000200 pubmed publisher..Thus, these findings present a new function of SREBP proteins in filamentous fungi, and demonstrate for the first time that hypoxia adaptation is likely an important virulence attribute of pathogenic molds. ..
- Schleier J, Peterson R. Deposition and air concentrations of permethrin and naled used for adult mosquito management. Arch Environ Contam Toxicol. 2010;58:105-11 pubmed publisher..However, we also demonstrate inadequacies of models such as AgDrift and AGDISP, which currently are used by the US Environmental Protection Agency to estimate environmental concentrations of ULV insecticides. ..
- Jun S, Ochoa Reparaz J, Zlotkowska D, Hoyt T, Pascual D. Bystander-mediated stimulation of proteolipid protein-specific regulatory T (Treg) cells confers protection against experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis (EAE) via TGF-?. J Neuroimmunol. 2012;245:39-47 pubmed publisher..Thus, Treg cells induced to irrelevant Ags offer a novel approach to treat autoimmune diseases independent of auto-Ag. ..
- Sawaya M, Clevenger A, Kalinowski S. Demographic connectivity for ursid populations at wildlife crossing structures in Banff National Park. Conserv Biol. 2013;27:721-30 pubmed publisher..6% in 2006, 11.0% in 2008) populations used crossing structures. On the basis of our results, we concluded wildlife crossing structures provide demographic connectivity for bear populations in Banff National Park. ..
- George L, Chaverra M, Wolfe L, Thorne J, Close Davis M, Eibs A, et al. Familial dysautonomia model reveals Ikbkap deletion causes apoptosis of Pax3+ progenitors and peripheral neurons. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:18698-703 pubmed publisher..In summary, these data suggest that FD does not result from a failure in trunk neural crest migration, but rather from a critical function for Ikbkap in TrkA progenitors and TrkA(+) neurons. ..
- Doublet V, Poeschl Y, Gogol Döring A, Alaux C, Annoscia D, Aurori C, et al. Unity in defence: honeybee workers exhibit conserved molecular responses to diverse pathogens. BMC Genomics. 2017;18:207 pubmed publisher..These approaches will likely have utility in addressing a variety of biological questions. ..
- Allen J, Wanner K. Asian corn borer pheromone binding protein 3, a candidate for evolving specificity to the 12-tetradecenyl acetate sex pheromone. Insect Biochem Mol Biol. 2011;41:141-9 pubmed publisher..Future studies will determine whether PBP3 has evolved specificity to the Asian corn borer sex pheromone. ..
- Hobbs N, Bondareva A, Barnett S, Capecchi M, Schmidt E. Removing the vertebrate-specific TBP N terminus disrupts placental beta2m-dependent interactions with the maternal immune system. Cell. 2002;110:43-54 pubmed..These results suggest that the TBP N terminus functions in transcriptional regulation of a placental beta2m-dependent process that favors maternal immunotolerance of pregnancy. ..
- Halford W, Weisend C, Grace J, Soboleski M, Carr D, Balliet J, et al. ICP0 antagonizes Stat 1-dependent repression of herpes simplex virus: implications for the regulation of viral latency. Virol J. 2006;3:44 pubmed..Therefore, ICP0- viruses appear to possess the desired safety and efficacy profile of a live vaccine against herpetic disease. ..
- Delaney K, Haile F, Peterson R, Higley L. Impairment of leaf photosynthesis after insect herbivory or mechanical injury on common milkweed, Asclepias syriaca. Environ Entomol. 2008;37:1332-43 pubmed..Finally, neighboring uninjured leaves to an E. egle-fed leaf had a small (approximately 10%) degree of compensatory Pn to partly offset tissue loss and injured leaf Pn impairment. ..
- Kociolek A, Clevenger A, St Clair C, Proppe D. Effects of road networks on bird populations. Conserv Biol. 2011;25:241-9 pubmed publisher..Increasing habitat loss and fragmentation and predicted species distribution shifts due to climate change are likely to compound the overall effects of roads on birds. ..
- Watt J, Paden C. Upregulation of the p75 low-affinity neurotrophin receptor by phagocytically active perivascular active cells in the rat neural lobe. Cell Tissue Res. 2001;303:81-91 pubmed..Implications for understanding the mechanisms by which phagocytes may support compensatory responses to neuronal injury are discussed...
- Boyle J, Rajasekar B, Saeij J, Ajioka J, Berriman M, Paulsen I, et al. Just one cross appears capable of dramatically altering the population biology of a eukaryotic pathogen like Toxoplasma gondii. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:10514-10519 pubmed publisher..The simplicity of this family tree demonstrates that even a single cross can lead to the emergence and dominance of a new clonal genotype that completely alters the population biology of a sexual pathogen. ..
- Daughenbaugh K, Wobus C, Hardy M. VPg of murine norovirus binds translation initiation factors in infected cells. Virol J. 2006;3:33 pubmed..The interactions between MNV-1 VPg and eIFs completely mimic those reported for the human norovirus VPg, illustrating the utility of MNV-1 as a relevant molecular model to study mechanisms of human norovirus replication. ..
- Siemsen D, Schepetkin I, Kirpotina L, Lei B, Quinn M. Neutrophil isolation from nonhuman species. Methods Mol Biol. 2007;412:21-34 pubmed publisher..We also describe methods to verify phagocytic capacity in the purified cell populations using a flow cytometry-based phagocytosis assay. ..
- Schmidt E. Interplay between cytosolic disulfide reductase systems and the Nrf2/Keap1 pathway. Biochem Soc Trans. 2015;43:632-8 pubmed publisher..In TR/GR-null livers, Nrf2 activity is further induced, revealing that TrxR-independent systems also repress Nrf2 and these might be induced by more extreme challenges. ..
- Paden C, Moffett C, Benowitz L. Innervation of the rat anterior and neurointermediate pituitary visualized by immunocytochemistry for the growth-associated protein GAP-43. Endocrinology. 1994;134:503-6 pubmed
- Granger B, Flenniken M, Davis D, Mitchell A, Cutler J. Yeast wall protein 1 of Candida albicans. Microbiology. 2005;151:1631-44 pubmed..albicans. ..
- Hardy M, Hendricks J, Paulson J, Faunce N. 18?-glycyrrhetinic acid inhibits rotavirus replication in culture. Virol J. 2012;9:96 pubmed publisher..GRA, but not GA, has significant antiviral activity against rotavirus replication in vitro, and studies to determine whether GRA attenuates rotavirus replication in vivo are underway. ..
- Castillo U, Strobel G, Mullenberg K, Condron M, Teplow D, Folgiano V, et al. Munumbicins E-4 and E-5: novel broad-spectrum antibiotics from Streptomyces NRRL 3052. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 2006;255:296-300 pubmed..50+/-0.08 and 0.87+/-0.0.26 microg mL(-1) for E-4 and E-5, respectively. It appears that other bioactive compounds, related to E-4 and E-5, are also produced making it the most biologically active endophytic Streptomyces spp. on record. ..
- Bonnett C, Cornish E, Harmsen A, Burritt J. Early neutrophil recruitment and aggregation in the murine lung inhibit germination of Aspergillus fumigatus Conidia. Infect Immun. 2006;74:6528-39 pubmed..fumigatus conidia. ..
- Webb M, Allert J, Kappenman K, Marcos J, Feist G, Schreck C, et al. Identification of plasma glucocorticoids in pallid sturgeon in response to stress. Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2007;154:98-104 pubmed..Though the proportional increase in plasma cortisol in stressed pallid sturgeon was lower than many other species of sturgeon, the concentration was high enough to elicit a secondary stress response as seen by changes in plasma glucose. ..
- Nelson B, Claes K, Todd V, Chaverra M, Lefcort F. NELL2 promotes motor and sensory neuron differentiation and stimulates mitogenesis in DRG in vivo. Dev Biol. 2004;270:322-35 pubmed..These studies implicate dual functions for NELL2 in both the cell autonomous differentiation of neural progenitor cells while simultaneously exerting paracrine proliferative activity. ..
- Costello C, Creel S, Kalinowski S, Vu N, Quigley H. Sex-biased natal dispersal and inbreeding avoidance in American black bears as revealed by spatial genetic analyses. Mol Ecol. 2008;17:4713-23 pubmed publisher..Evidence supports the hypothesis that inbreeding avoidance is achieved by means of male-biased dispersal but also indicates that competition (for mates or resources) modifies dispersal patterns. ..
- Schepetkin I, Kirpotina L, Khlebnikov A, Hanks T, Kochetkova I, Pascual D, et al. Identification and characterization of a novel class of c-Jun N-terminal kinase inhibitors. Mol Pharmacol. 2012;81:832-45 pubmed publisher..We conclude that compounds with an indenoquinoxaline nucleus can serve as specific small-molecule modulators for mechanistic studies of JNKs as well as a potential leads for the development of anti-inflammatory drugs. ..
- Suvorova E, Gripentrog J, Jesaitis A, Miettinen H. Agonist-dependent phosphorylation of the formyl peptide receptor is regulated by the membrane proximal region of the cytoplasmic tail. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2009;1793:406-17 pubmed publisher..Thus, the amino acid content in the N-terminal half of the cytoplasmic tail influences the structure and desensitization of FPR. ..
- Varner J, Horns J, Lambert M, Westberg E, Ruff J, Wolfenberger K, et al. Plastic pikas: Behavioural flexibility in low-elevation pikas (Ochotona princeps). Behav Processes. 2016;125:63-71 pubmed publisher..Together, these results suggest that behavioural adjustments are one important mechanism by which pikas can persist outside of their previously appreciated dietary and thermal niches. ..
- Walcheck B, White M, Kurk S, Kishimoto T, Jutila M. Characterization of the bovine peripheral lymph node homing receptor: a lectin cell adhesion molecule (LECAM). Eur J Immunol. 1992;22:469-76 pubmed..Finally, by testing anti-human LECAM-1 antibodies in a different species we have established the co-expression of antigenic epitopes on leucocyte LECAM-1 and a molecule(s) expressed by endothelial cells. ..
- Campbell S, Olson G, Clark T, McFeters G. Biogenic production of cyanide and its application to gold recovery. J Ind Microbiol Biotechnol. 2001;26:134-9 pubmed..This indicates that biogenesis of cyanide may be supported in remote areas using locally produced and inexpensive agricultural feedstocks in place of commercial media...
- Gripentrog J, Miettinen H. Formyl peptide receptor-mediated ERK1/2 activation occurs through G(i) and is not dependent on beta-arrestin1/2. Cell Signal. 2008;20:424-31 pubmed..Experiments with CHO C5aR cells showed similar sensitivity to the G(i) inhibitor as CHO FPR cells, suggesting that the predominant activation of ERK1/2 through G protein may be a common characteristic among chemoattractant receptors. ..
- Han Y, Kozel T, Zhang M, MacGill R, Carroll M, Cutler J. Complement is essential for protection by an IgM and an IgG3 monoclonal antibody against experimental, hematogenously disseminated candidiasis. J Immunol. 2001;167:1550-7 pubmed..The mechanism of protection appears to be associated with enhanced phagocytosis and killing of the fungus. ..
- Daughenbaugh K, Fraser C, Hershey J, Hardy M. The genome-linked protein VPg of the Norwalk virus binds eIF3, suggesting its role in translation initiation complex recruitment. EMBO J. 2003;22:2852-9 pubmed..Together, the data suggest that VPg may play a role in initiating translation on calicivirus RNA through unique protein-protein interactions with the translation machinery. ..
- Pincus S, Fang H, Wilkinson R, Olson W, Marcotte T. A modified SCID mouse model of HIV infection with utility for testing anti-HIV therapies. AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses. 2003;19:901-8 pubmed..The model can easily be powered to enable comparisons between different therapeutic agents and dosing regimens. ..
- Creel S, Christianson D, Liley S, Winnie J. Predation risk affects reproductive physiology and demography of elk. Science. 2007;315:960 pubmed..Together, these data suggest that wolves indirectly affect the reproductive physiology and the demography of elk through the costs of antipredator behavior. ..
- Nemali S, Siemsen D, Nelson L, Bunger P, Faulkner C, Rainard P, et al. Molecular analysis of the bovine anaphylatoxin C5a receptor. J Leukoc Biol. 2008;84:537-49 pubmed publisher..Overall, these studies provide important information regarding distinct structural and functional features that may contribute to the unique pharmacological properties of bovine C5aR. ..
- Schepetkin I, Kirpotina L, Jakiw L, Khlebnikov A, Blaskovich C, Jutila M, et al. Immunomodulatory activity of oenothein B isolated from Epilobium angustifolium. J Immunol. 2009;183:6754-66 pubmed publisher..The ability of oenothein B to modulate phagocyte functions in vitro and in vivo suggests that this compound is responsible for at least part of the therapeutic properties of E. angustifolium extracts...
- Daughenbaugh K, Holderness J, Graff J, Hedges J, Freedman B, Graff J, et al. Contribution of transcript stability to a conserved procyanidin-induced cytokine response in ?? T cells. Genes Immun. 2011;12:378-89 pubmed publisher..Our data describe a unique ?? T-cell inflammatory response during procyanidin treatment and suggest that transcript stability mechanisms could account, at least in part, for the priming phenotype. ..
- Pascual D, White M, Larson T, Walters N. Impaired mucosal immunity in L-selectin-deficient mice orally immunized with a Salmonella vaccine vector. J Immunol. 2001;167:407-15 pubmed..This evidence shows that L-Sel is important for development of mucosal immunity, and absence of L-Sel is protective against salmonellosis. ..
- Pincus S, Fang H, Wilkinson R, Marcotte T, Robinson J, Olson W. In vivo efficacy of anti-glycoprotein 41, but not anti-glycoprotein 120, immunotoxins in a mouse model of HIV infection. J Immunol. 2003;170:2236-41 pubmed..These data support continued exploration of the utility of ITs for HIV infection, particularly the use of anti-gp41 ITs in combination with soluble CD4 derivatives. ..
- Gripentrog J, Miettinen H. Activation and nuclear translocation of ERK1/2 by the formyl peptide receptor is regulated by G protein and is not dependent on beta-arrestin translocation or receptor endocytosis. Cell Signal. 2005;17:1300-11 pubmed..We propose that FPR-mediated activation of ERK1/2 takes place primarily through G protein and is physiologically important to ensure transcriptional activation of myeloid immunomodulators, such as cytokines. ..
- Graff J, Ewen J, Ettayebi K, Hardy M. Zinc-binding domain of rotavirus NSP1 is required for proteasome-dependent degradation of IRF3 and autoregulatory NSP1 stability. J Gen Virol. 2007;88:613-20 pubmed
- Lubick K, Radke M, Jutila M. Securinine, a GABAA receptor antagonist, enhances macrophage clearance of phase II C. burnetii: comparison with TLR agonists. J Leukoc Biol. 2007;82:1062-9 pubmed..Securinine has minimal toxicity in vivo, suggesting it or structurally similar compounds may represent novel, therapeutic adjuvants, which increase resistance to intracellular pathogens. ..
- Ochoa Reparaz J, Sentissi J, Trunkle T, Riccardi C, Pascual D. Attenuated Coxiella burnetii phase II causes a febrile response in gamma interferon knockout and Toll-like receptor 2 knockout mice and protects against reinfection. Infect Immun. 2007;75:5845-58 pubmed..Thus, our data show that NMII is capable of eliciting disease in immunocompromised mice, which may help in evaluation of vaccine candidates as well as the study of host-pathogen interactions. ..
- Jacobs G, Miller J, Aldworth Z. Computational mechanisms of mechanosensory processing in the cricket. J Exp Biol. 2008;211:1819-28 pubmed publisher..Thus, a relatively simple mechanosensory system employs a variety of complex computational mechanisms to provide the animal with relevant information about its environment...
- Melzer T, Duffy A, Weiss L, Halonen S. The gamma interferon (IFN-gamma)-inducible GTP-binding protein IGTP is necessary for toxoplasma vacuolar disruption and induces parasite egression in IFN-gamma-stimulated astrocytes. Infect Immun. 2008;76:4883-94 pubmed publisher..Fusion of the ER with the PV, releasing calcium into the vacuole, may also be the mechanism by which intravacuolar parasite movement and IFN-gamma-induced parasite egression occur...
- Yamanaka H, Hoyt T, Yang X, Bowen R, Golden S, Crist K, et al. A parenteral DNA vaccine protects against pneumonic plague. Vaccine. 2010;28:3219-30 pubmed publisher..m. immunization. These results show that LTN can be used as a molecular adjuvant to enhance protective immunity against plague. ..
- Richman A, Herrera M L, Ortega García S, Flores Martínez J, Arroyo Cabrales J, Morales Malacara J. Class II DRB polymorphism and sequence diversity in two vesper bats in the genus Myotis. Int J Immunogenet. 2010;37:401-5 pubmed publisher..We conclude that M. vivesi has undergone a dramatic loss of MHC polymorphism. The significance of this inference in light of other information on population structure and genetic diversity in this species is discussed. ..
- Schepetkin I, Kouakou K, Yapi A, Kirpotina L, Jutila M, Quinn M. Immunomodulatory and hemagglutinating activities of acidic polysaccharides isolated from Combretum racemosum. Int Immunopharmacol. 2013;15:628-37 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that at least part of the beneficial therapeutic effects reported for the water extracts of leaves from C. racemosum are due to modulation of leukocyte functions...
- Burgess D, Knoblock K, Daugherty T, Robertson N. Cytotoxic and hemolytic effects of Tritrichomonas foetus on mammalian cells. Infect Immun. 1990;58:3627-32 pubmed..They further suggested that the lytic molecules were either proteins or had proteinaceous components...
- Rhyan J, Stackhouse L, Davis E. Disseminated geotrichosis in two dogs. J Am Vet Med Assoc. 1990;197:358-60 pubmed..Pathologic findings in both dogs were similar and consisted of pyogranulomatous pneumonia, hepatitis, and nephritis. Geotrichum candidum was identified by fluorescent antibody technique...
- Wang X, Kochetkova I, Haddad A, Hoyt T, Hone D, Pascual D. Transgene vaccination using Ulex europaeus agglutinin I (UEA-1) for targeted mucosal immunization against HIV-1 envelope. Vaccine. 2005;23:3836-42 pubmed..Likewise, elevated envelope-specific CTLs were induced. Thus, UEA-1 mediated DNA delivery represents an alternative mucosal formulation for inducing humoral and cellular immunity against HIV-1...
- Schleier J, Davis R, Barber L, Macedo P, Peterson R. A probabilistic risk assessment for deployed military personnel after the implementation of the "Leishmaniasis Control Program" at Tallil Air Base, Iraq. J Med Entomol. 2009;46:693-702 pubmed..Subchronic exposures to lambda-cyhalothrin and chlorpyrifos exceeded the LOC. However, estimated exposures to lambda-cyhalothrin, bifenthrin, and chlorpyrifos did not exceed their respective no observed adverse effect levels. ..
- Iverson S, Comstock K, Kundert J, Schmidt E. Contributions of new hepatocyte lineages to liver growth, maintenance, and regeneration in mice. Hepatology. 2011;54:655-63 pubmed publisher..Newborn hepatocyte lineages arising from Alb-naive cells contribute to liver maintenance under normal conditions. Hepatocyte lineage birthrates can vary in response to the liver's physiological status. ..
- Leary G, Allen J, Bunger P, Luginbill J, Linn C, MacAllister I, et al. Single mutation to a sex pheromone receptor provides adaptive specificity between closely related moth species. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:14081-6 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that discrete mutations that narrow the specificity of more broadly responsive sex pheromone receptors may provide a mechanism that contributes to speciation...
- Salazar R, Dotson N, Bressler S, Gray C. Content-specific fronto-parietal synchronization during visual working memory. Science. 2012;338:1097-100 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that short-term memories are represented by large-scale patterns of synchronized activity across the fronto-parietal network...
- Graham A, Hilmer K, Zickovich J, Obar J. Inflammatory response of mast cells during influenza A virus infection is mediated by active infection and RIG-I signaling. J Immunol. 2013;190:4676-84 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we identified a unique inflammatory cascade activated during IAV infection that could potentially be targeted to limit morbidity following IAV infection. ..