Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on zebrafish in St Louis, Missouri, United States
Locale: St Louis, Missouri, United States
- Perathoner S, Daane J, Henrion U, Seebohm G, Higdon C, Johnson S, et al. Bioelectric signaling regulates size in zebrafish fins. PLoS Genet. 2014;10:e1004080 pubmed publisher..Our results provide evidence for a role of bioelectric signaling through K(+) channels in the regulation of allometric scaling and coordination of growth in the zebrafish. ..
- Tryon R, Higdon C, Johnson S. Lineage relationship of direct-developing melanocytes and melanocyte stem cells in the zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e21010 pubmed publisher..Thus, the dual strategies of direct-development and MSC-derived development are established in the early gastrula, via fate segregation of the two lineages...
- Oppedal D, Goldsmith M. A chemical screen to identify novel inhibitors of fin regeneration in zebrafish. Zebrafish. 2010;7:53-60 pubmed publisher..These studies demonstrate that chemical screening is feasible in adult zebrafish and that it is a reasonable strategy to use for exploring the biology of regeneration. ..
- Gansner J, Madsen E, Mecham R, Gitlin J. Essential role for fibrillin-2 in zebrafish notochord and vascular morphogenesis. Dev Dyn. 2008;237:2844-61 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the data reveal a genetic interaction between fibrillin-2 and the lysyl oxidases in notochord formation and demonstrate the importance of fibrillin-2 in specific early developmental processes in zebrafish...
- Mendelsohn B, Kassebaum B, Gitlin J. The zebrafish embryo as a dynamic model of anoxia tolerance. Dev Dyn. 2008;237:1780-8 pubmed publisher..These observations permit mechanistic insight into energy homeostasis during development that now enable genetic and small molecule screens in this vertebrate model of anoxia tolerance. ..
- Gansner J, Mendelsohn B, Hultman K, Johnson S, Gitlin J. Essential role of lysyl oxidases in notochord development. Dev Biol. 2007;307:202-13 pubmed..They also provide insight into specific genetic and nutritional factors that may play a role in the pathogenesis of structural birth defects of the axial skeleton. ..
- Jensen P, Gitlin J, Carayannopoulos M. GLUT1 deficiency links nutrient availability and apoptosis during embryonic development. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:13382-7 pubmed