Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on transcription factors in St Louis, Missouri, United States
Locale: St Louis, Missouri, United States
Topic: transcription factors
Publications154 found, 100 shown here
- Wang H, Mayhew D, Chen X, Johnston M, Mitra R. "Calling cards" for DNA-binding proteins in mammalian cells. Genetics. 2012;190:941-9 pubmed publisher..This method has the potential to trace transcription-factor binding throughout cellular and organismal development in a way that has heretofore not been possible. ..
- Ritter C, Haughey B, Miller B, Brown A. Differential gene expression by oxyphil and chief cells of human parathyroid glands. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2012;97:E1499-505 pubmed publisher..Oxyphil cells increase in number in parathyroid glands of patients with chronic kidney disease (CKD) and are even more abundant in patients receiving treatment for hyperparathyroidism with calcitriol and/or the calcimimetic cinacalcet...
- Svaren J, Sevetson B, Apel E, Zimonjic D, Popescu N, Milbrandt J. NAB2, a corepressor of NGFI-A (Egr-1) and Krox20, is induced by proliferative and differentiative stimuli. Mol Cell Biol. 1996;16:3545-53 pubmed..Sequencing of the Caenorhabditis elegans genome has identified a gene that bears high homology to both NAB1 and NAB2, suggesting that NAB molecules fulfill an evolutionarily conserved role. ..
- Vega R, Huss J, Kelly D. The coactivator PGC-1 cooperates with peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha in transcriptional control of nuclear genes encoding mitochondrial fatty acid oxidation enzymes. Mol Cell Biol. 2000;20:1868-76 pubmed
- Wei F, Xu Z, Qu Z, Milbrandt J, Zhuo M. Role of EGR1 in hippocampal synaptic enhancement induced by tetanic stimulation and amputation. J Cell Biol. 2000;149:1325-34 pubmed..This enhancement of synaptic potentiation was absent in mice lacking Egr1. Our data suggest that Egr1 may act as an important regulator of pain-related synaptic plasticity within the hippocampus. ..
- Wösten M, Kox L, Chamnongpol S, Soncini F, Groisman E. A signal transduction system that responds to extracellular iron. Cell. 2000;103:113-25 pubmed..A pmrA mutant was hypersensitive to killing by iron but displayed wild-type resistance to a variety of oxidants, suggesting PmrA/PmrB controls a novel pathway mediating the avoidance of iron toxicity. ..
- Tan K, Moreno Hagelsieb G, Collado Vides J, Stormo G. A comparative genomics approach to prediction of new members of regulons. Genome Res. 2001;11:566-84 pubmed..coli. By studying orthologous genes subject to regulation by the same transcription factor, we also gained understanding of the evolution of the entire regulatory systems. ..
- Cheng S, Shao J, Charlton Kachigian N, Loewy A, Towler D. MSX2 promotes osteogenesis and suppresses adipogenic differentiation of multipotent mesenchymal progenitors. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:45969-77 pubmed..Thus, Msx2 regulates osteogenic versus adipogenic differentiation of aortic myofibroblasts. Myofibroblasts capable of both fates can be diverted to the osteogenic lineage by BMP2-Msx2 signaling and contribute to vascular calcification. ..
- Cohn S, Simon T, Roth K, Birkenmeier E, Gordon J. Use of transgenic mice to map cis-acting elements in the intestinal fatty acid binding protein gene (Fabpi) that control its cell lineage-specific and regional patterns of expression along the duodenal-colonic and crypt-villus axes of the gut epithel. J Cell Biol. 1992;119:27-44 pubmed..abstract truncated at 400 words) ..
- Granok H, Leibovitch B, Shaffer C, Elgin S. Chromatin. Ga-ga over GAGA factor. Curr Biol. 1995;5:238-41 pubmed..Recent results suggest that the Drosophila transcriptional activator known as GAGA factor functions by influencing chromatin structure. ..
- Bandres J, Ratner L. Human immunodeficiency virus type 1 Nef protein down-regulates transcription factors NF-kappa B and AP-1 in human T cells in vitro after T-cell receptor stimulation. J Virol. 1994;68:3243-9 pubmed
- Seul K, Tadros P, Beyer E. Mouse connexin40: gene structure and promoter analysis. Genomics. 1997;46:120-6 pubmed
- Iannotti C, Inoue H, Bernal E, Aoki M, Liu L, Donis Keller H, et al. Identification of a human LMX1 (LMX1.1)-related gene, LMX1.2: tissue-specific expression and linkage mapping on chromosome 9. Genomics. 1997;46:520-4 pubmed..Nearby polymorphic markers will be useful in testing the hypothesis that mutations in these LIM-HD genes result in genetic diseases such as non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus. ..
- Zhang H, Gavin M, Dahiya A, Postigo A, Ma D, Luo R, et al. Exit from G1 and S phase of the cell cycle is regulated by repressor complexes containing HDAC-Rb-hSWI/SNF and Rb-hSWI/SNF. Cell. 2000;101:79-89 pubmed..HDAC-Rb-hSWI/SNF and Rb-hSWI/SNF then appear to maintain the order of cyclin E and A expression during the cell cycle, which in turn regulates exit from G1 and from S phase, respectively. ..
- Krueger D, Warner E, Dowd D. Involvement of thyrotroph embryonic factor in calcium-mediated regulation of gene expression. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:14524-31 pubmed..One class, represented by a consensus TEFRE, is regulated by TEF in the resting cell; the second class, represented by icerTEFRE, is regulated by TEF in the calcium-activated cell. ..
- Abdulkadir S, Qu Z, Garabedian E, Song S, Peters T, Svaren J, et al. Impaired prostate tumorigenesis in Egr1-deficient mice. Nat Med. 2001;7:101-7 pubmed..These results indicate a unique role for Egr1 in regulating the transition from localized, carcinoma in situ to invasive carcinoma. ..
- Lim H, Dey S. A novel pathway of prostacyclin signaling-hanging out with nuclear receptors. Endocrinology. 2002;143:3207-10 pubmed..This review attempts to cover recent developments in nuclear actions of PGI(2) in diverse biological functions. ..
- Bernal Mizrachi C, Weng S, Feng C, Finck B, Knutsen R, Leone T, et al. Dexamethasone induction of hypertension and diabetes is PPAR-alpha dependent in LDL receptor-null mice. Nat Med. 2003;9:1069-75 pubmed..These results identify hepatic activation of PPAR-alpha as a mechanism underlying glucocorticoid-induced insulin resistance. ..
- Richard C, Tandon A, Kranz R. Rhodobacter capsulatus nifA1 promoter: high-GC -10 regions in high-GC bacteria and the basis for their transcription. J Bacteriol. 2004;186:740-9 pubmed..coli RNA polymerase. Thus, an additional barrier to activation by R. capsulatus NtrC exists, probably a lack of the proper R. capsulatus NtrC-E. coli RNA polymerase (protein-protein) interaction(s)...
- Schaeffer P, Wende A, Magee C, Neilson J, Leone T, Chen F, et al. Calcineurin and calcium/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase activate distinct metabolic gene regulatory programs in cardiac muscle. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:39593-603 pubmed..These data support a role for calcium-triggered signaling pathways in the regulation of cardiac energetics and identify pathway-specific control of metabolic targets. ..
- Miley G, Fantz D, Glossip D, Lu X, Saito R, Palmer R, et al. Identification of residues of the Caenorhabditis elegans LIN-1 ETS domain that are necessary for DNA binding and regulation of vulval cell fates. Genetics. 2004;167:1697-709 pubmed..The identification of multiple mutations that reduce the function of lin-1 as an inhibitor of the primary vulval cell fate and also reduce DNA binding suggest that DNA binding is essential for LIN-1 function in an animal. ..
- Gardner L, Ayala A, Monforte H, Dunphy C. Ewing sarcoma/peripheral primitive neuroectodermal tumor: adult abdominal tumors with an Ewing sarcoma gene rearrangement demonstrated by fluorescence in situ hybridization in paraffin sections. Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol. 2004;12:160-5 pubmed..Thus, the usefulness of FISH demonstration of an EWS gene rearrangement with these specific probes in such unusual cases is supported and is demonstrated in paraffin-embedded tissue. ..
- Winfield M, Latifi T, Groisman E. Transcriptional regulation of the 4-amino-4-deoxy-L-arabinose biosynthetic genes in Yersinia pestis. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:14765-72 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that closely related bacterial species may use disparate regulatory pathways to control genes encoding conserved proteins...
- Seo S, Herr A, Lim J, Richardson G, Richardson H, Kroll K. Geminin regulates neuronal differentiation by antagonizing Brg1 activity. Genes Dev. 2005;19:1723-34 pubmed
- Ward J, Smith A, Shah P, Galanti S, Yi H, Demianski A, et al. A new role for the Arabidopsis AP2 transcription factor, LEAFY PETIOLE, in gibberellin-induced germination is revealed by the misexpression of a homologous gene, SOB2/DRN-LIKE. Plant Cell. 2006;18:29-39 pubmed..These results suggest LEP is a positive regulator of GA-induced germination acting independently of RGL2. An alternative model places LEP downstream of RGL2 in the GA-signaling cascade. ..
- Daniels R, Gelfand M, Collins C, DiAntonio A. Visualizing glutamatergic cell bodies and synapses in Drosophila larval and adult CNS. J Comp Neurol. 2008;508:131-52 pubmed publisher..This description of the glutamatergic system in Drosophila highlights the prevalence of glutamatergic neurons in the CNS and presents tools for future study and manipulation of glutamatergic transmission. ..
- Kim M, Shin R, Schachtman D. A nuclear factor regulates abscisic acid responses in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2009;151:1433-45 pubmed publisher..The characterization of this factor enhances our understanding of guard cell function and the mechanisms that plants use to modulate water loss from leaves under drought conditions. ..
- Chen Z, Norris J, Finck B. Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-gamma coactivator-1alpha (PGC-1alpha) stimulates VLDL assembly through activation of cell death-inducing DFFA-like effector B (CideB). J Biol Chem. 2010;285:25996-6004 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data suggest that PGC-1alpha plays an important role in partitioning cytoplasmic TG toward the VLDL secretory compartments and promoting VLDL secretion via transcriptional induction of CideB. ..
- Kreisel D, Sugimoto S, Tietjens J, Zhu J, Yamamoto S, Krupnick A, et al. Bcl3 prevents acute inflammatory lung injury in mice by restraining emergency granulopoiesis. J Clin Invest. 2011;121:265-76 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate a critical role for Bcl3 in regulating emergency granulopoiesis and suggest that targeting the differentiation of myeloid progenitors may be a therapeutic strategy for preventing inflammatory lung injury. ..
- Kiefer S, Robbins L, Rauchman M. Conditional expression of Wnt9b in Six2-positive cells disrupts stomach and kidney function. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e43098 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that expression of Wnt9b in Six2-positive cells disrupts cell fate decisions in the kidney and the gastrointestinal tract...
- Weintraub S, Prater C, Dean D. Retinoblastoma protein switches the E2F site from positive to negative element. Nature. 1992;358:259-61 pubmed..This cyclic activity may be responsible for activating and then inhibiting genes during the cell cycle. ..
- McGuire E, Rintoul C, Sclar G, Korsmeyer S. Thymic overexpression of Ttg-1 in transgenic mice results in T-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia/lymphoma. Mol Cell Biol. 1992;12:4186-96 pubmed..This model indicates that the aberrant expression of putative transcription factors plays a primary role in the genesis of T-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemias. ..
- Crawford P, Sadovsky Y, Woodson K, Lee S, Milbrandt J. Adrenocortical function and regulation of the steroid 21-hydroxylase gene in NGFI-B-deficient mice. Mol Cell Biol. 1995;15:4331-16 pubmed
- Woodson K, Crawford P, Sadovsky Y, Milbrandt J. Characterization of the promoter of SF-1, an orphan nuclear receptor required for adrenal and gonadal development. Mol Endocrinol. 1997;11:117-26 pubmed..We also demonstrate that SF-1 itself does not significantly affect the transcription of its own gene, and thus conclude that the E box, CAAT box, and Sp1 site of the proximal promoter direct expression of the SF-1 gene. ..
- Huppert S, Le A, Schroeter E, Mumm J, Saxena M, Milner L, et al. Embryonic lethality in mice homozygous for a processing-deficient allele of Notch1. Nature. 2000;405:966-70 pubmed..Our results show that efficient intramembranous processing of Notch1 is indispensable for embryonic viability and proper early embryonic development in vivo. ..
- Kraus M, Haley J. Lymphocyte predominance Hodgkin's disease: the use of bcl-6 and CD57 in diagnosis and differential diagnosis. Am J Surg Pathol. 2000;24:1068-78 pubmed
- Lehman J, Barger P, Kovacs A, Saffitz J, Medeiros D, Kelly D. Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma coactivator-1 promotes cardiac mitochondrial biogenesis. J Clin Invest. 2000;106:847-56 pubmed..These results identify PGC-1 as a critical regulatory molecule in the control of cardiac mitochondrial number and function in response to energy demands. ..
- Huss J, Levy F, Kelly D. Hypoxia inhibits the peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha/retinoid X receptor gene regulatory pathway in cardiac myocytes: a mechanism for O2-dependent modulation of mitochondrial fatty acid oxidation. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:27605-12 pubmed..These results demonstrate that hypoxia deactivates PPARalpha by reducing the availability of its obligate partner RXR. ..
- Taghert P, Hewes R, Park J, O Brien M, Han M, Peck M. Multiple amidated neuropeptides are required for normal circadian locomotor rhythms in Drosophila. J Neurosci. 2001;21:6673-86 pubmed..They also support the hypothesis that multiple amidated neuropeptides, acting upstream, downstream, or in parallel to PDF, help organize daily locomotor rhythms. ..
- Nelson K, Young G, Miller V. Identification of a locus involved in systemic dissemination of Yersinia enterocolitica. Infect Immun. 2001;69:6201-8 pubmed publisher..This suggests that the phenotype of an rscR mutant is due to the loss of RscA...
- Zhang L, E X, Luker K, Shao J, Levin M, Suh E, et al. Analysis of human cellular retinol-binding protein II promoter during enterocyte differentiation. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2002;282:G1079-87 pubmed..The results indicate that the retinoic acid responsiveness of the human CRBP II promoter is mediated by an indirect mechanism and that this mechanism is associated with enterocyte differentiation. ..
- Dube P, Handley S, Revell P, Miller V. The rovA mutant of Yersinia enterocolitica displays differential degrees of virulence depending on the route of infection. Infect Immun. 2003;71:3512-20 pubmed..Furthermore, these data suggest that the RovA regulon may be dispensable for Y. enterocolitica systemic disease and inflammatory responses if the Peyer's patches are bypassed. ..
- Baar K, Song Z, Semenkovich C, Jones T, Han D, Nolte L, et al. Skeletal muscle overexpression of nuclear respiratory factor 1 increases glucose transport capacity. FASEB J. 2003;17:1666-73 pubmed..They also provide the new information that NRF-1 overexpression results in increased expression of GLUT4. ..
- Huppert S, Ilagan M, De Strooper B, Kopan R. Analysis of Notch function in presomitic mesoderm suggests a gamma-secretase-independent role for presenilins in somite differentiation. Dev Cell. 2005;8:677-88 pubmed..These data clarify multiple roles for Notch signaling during segmentation and suggest that the earliest stages of somitogenesis are regulated by both Notch-dependent and Notch-independent functions of presenilin. ..
- Chakravarthy M, Pan Z, Zhu Y, Tordjman K, Schneider J, Coleman T, et al. "New" hepatic fat activates PPARalpha to maintain glucose, lipid, and cholesterol homeostasis. Cell Metab. 2005;1:309-22 pubmed..These results suggest that products of the FAS reaction regulate glucose, lipid, and cholesterol metabolism by serving as endogenous activators of distinct physiological pools of PPARalpha in adult liver. ..
- Giannakis M, Stappenbeck T, Mills J, Leip D, Lovett M, Clifton S, et al. Molecular properties of adult mouse gastric and intestinal epithelial progenitors in their niches. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:11292-300 pubmed..The results reveal shared as well as distinctive features of adult gut stem cells when compared with other stem cell populations. ..
- Ghosh A, Steele R, Ryerse J, Ray R. Tumor-suppressive effects of MBP-1 in non-small cell lung cancer cells. Cancer Res. 2006;66:11907-12 pubmed..Taken together, this study suggests that MBP-1 expression induces a novel form of necrosis-like cell death and MBP-1 could be a potential gene therapeutic candidate against non-small cell lung tumor growth. ..
- Lai L, Leone T, Zechner C, Schaeffer P, Kelly S, Flanagan D, et al. Transcriptional coactivators PGC-1alpha and PGC-lbeta control overlapping programs required for perinatal maturation of the heart. Genes Dev. 2008;22:1948-61 pubmed publisher..We conclude that PGC-1alpha and PGC-1beta share roles that collectively are necessary for the postnatal metabolic and functional maturation of heart and BAT. ..
- Song H, Kong W, Weatherspoon N, Qin G, Tyler W, Turk J, et al. Modulation of the regulatory activity of bacterial two-component systems by SlyA. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:28158-68 pubmed publisher..Evidence from this study also suggests a function of SlyA as a mediator in signal transduction from the PhoP/PhoQ system to other bacterial two-component systems in Salmonella...
- Gertz J, Siggia E, Cohen B. Analysis of combinatorial cis-regulation in synthetic and genomic promoters. Nature. 2009;457:215-8 pubmed publisher..Quantitative analyses of synthetic promoter libraries will be an important tool in unravelling the rules underlying combinatorial cis-regulation. ..
- Kehl Fie T, Porsch E, Miller S, St Geme J. Expression of Kingella kingae type IV pili is regulated by sigma54, PilS, and PilR. J Bacteriol. 2009;191:4976-86 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that the regulation of K. kingae type IV pilus expression is complex and multilayered, influenced by both the genetic state and environmental cues...
- Wang Y, Abu Irqeba A, Ayalew M, Suntay K. Sumoylation of transcription factor Tec1 regulates signaling of mitogen-activated protein kinase pathways in yeast. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e7456 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings provide evidence for regulated sumoylation as a mechanism to modulate the activity of Tec1 and validate Ubc9 fusion-directed sumoylation as a useful approach for studying protein sumoylation. ..
- Predeus A, Gopalakrishnan S, Huang Y, Tang J, Feeney A, Oltz E, et al. Targeted chromatin profiling reveals novel enhancers in Ig H and Ig L chain Loci. J Immunol. 2014;192:1064-70 pubmed publisher..The new regulatory elements identified by focused chromatin profiling most likely have important functions in the creation, refinement, and expression of Ig repertoires. ..
- Mueller T, Welsh E, Pakrasi H, Maranas C. Identifying Regulatory Changes to Facilitate Nitrogen Fixation in the Nondiazotroph Synechocystis sp. PCC 6803. ACS Synth Biol. 2016;5:250-8 pubmed publisher..Lessons learned in the incorporation of nitrogen fixation into a nondiazotrophic prokaryote may be leveraged to further progress the incorporation of nitrogen fixation in plants. ..
- Rosen G, Barks J, Iademarco M, Fisher R, Dean D. An intricate arrangement of binding sites for the Ets family of transcription factors regulates activity of the alpha 4 integrin gene promoter. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:15652-60 pubmed..This arrangement of Ets sites, coupled with the tissue- and developmental-specific expression of Ets members, likely play a key role in defining the pattern of alpha 4 integrin. ..
- Baudino T, Kraichely D, Jefcoat S, Winchester S, Partridge N, MacDonald P. Isolation and characterization of a novel coactivator protein, NCoA-62, involved in vitamin D-mediated transcription. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:16434-41 pubmed..These data indicate that NCoA-62 may be classified into an emerging set of transcriptional coactivator proteins that function to facilitate vitamin D- and other nuclear receptor-mediated transcriptional pathways. ..
- Bidder M, Loewy A, Latifi T, Newberry E, Ferguson G, Willis D, et al. Ets domain transcription factor PE1 suppresses human interstitial collagenase promoter activity by antagonizing protein-DNA interactions at a critical AP1 element. Biochemistry. 2000;39:8917-28 pubmed..As observed with other transcriptional repressors of MMP1 gene expression, transcriptional suppression by PE1 occurs via inhibition of AP1-dependent promoter activity. ..
- Swirnoff A, Apel E, Svaren J, Sevetson B, Zimonjic D, Popescu N, et al. Nab1, a corepressor of NGFI-A (Egr-1), contains an active transcriptional repression domain. Mol Cell Biol. 1998;18:512-24 pubmed..Replacement mutagenesis of residues conserved between these proteins interfered with Nab1 repression, although Nab1 does not function by the same mechanism as Dr1. The human NAB1 genomic locus was mapped to chromosome 2q32.3-33. ..
- Shilatifard A. Identification and purification of the Holo-ELL complex. Evidence for the presence of ELL-associated proteins that suppress the transcriptional inhibitory activity of ELL. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:11212-7 pubmed..Characterization of these ELL interacting proteins should help define the regulation of the biochemical activities of ELL and how loss of this regulation leads to the development of acute myeloid leukemia. ..
- Zhang H, Postigo A, Dean D. Active transcriptional repression by the Rb-E2F complex mediates G1 arrest triggered by p16INK4a, TGFbeta, and contact inhibition. Cell. 1999;97:53-61 pubmed..Thus, a major role of E2F in cell cycle regulation is assembly of this repressor complex. We demonstrate that active repression by Rb-E2F mediates the G1 arrest triggered by TGFbeta, p16INK4a, and contact inhibition. ..
- Hu C, Perlmutter D. Cell-specific involvement of HNF-1beta in alpha(1)-antitrypsin gene expression in human respiratory epithelial cells. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2002;282:L757-65 pubmed..These results indicate the unique involvement of HNF-1beta in alpha(1)-AT gene expression in a cell line and primary cultures derived from human respiratory epithelium. ..
- Sierra O, Cheng S, Loewy A, Charlton Kachigian N, Towler D. MINT, the Msx2 interacting nuclear matrix target, enhances Runx2-dependent activation of the osteocalcin fibroblast growth factor response element. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:32913-23 pubmed..Msx2 targets this complex as a mechanism of transcriptional inhibition. In osteoblasts, MINT may serve as a nuclear matrix platform that organizes and integrates osteogenic transcriptional responses. ..
- Pickett C, Dietrich N, Chen J, Xiong C, Kornfeld K. Mated progeny production is a biomarker of aging in Caenorhabditis elegans. G3 (Bethesda). 2013;3:2219-32 pubmed publisher..elegans aging. These results indicate that some mechanisms or pathways control age-related degeneration of both reproductive and somatic tissues in C. elegans. ..
- Narita N, Bielinska M, Wilson D. Wild-type endoderm abrogates the ventral developmental defects associated with GATA-4 deficiency in the mouse. Dev Biol. 1997;189:270-4 pubmed..We conclude that expression of GATA-4 in endoderm rather than cardiogenic mesoderm is required for ventral morphogenesis. ..
- Ghosh A, Majumder M, Steele R, Yaciuk P, Chrivia J, Ray R, et al. Hepatitis C virus NS5A protein modulates transcription through a novel cellular transcription factor SRCAP. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:7184-8 pubmed..Together these results suggest that the interaction of NS5A and SRCAP may be one of the mechanisms by which NS5A exerts its effect on cell growth regulation contributing to hepatitis C virus-mediated pathogenesis. ..
- Stains J, Lecanda F, Screen J, Towler D, Civitelli R. Gap junctional communication modulates gene transcription by altering the recruitment of Sp1 and Sp3 to connexin-response elements in osteoblast promoters. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:24377-87 pubmed..Thus, regulation of Sp1/Sp3 recruitment to the promoter may represent a potential general mechanism for transcriptional control of target genes by signals passing through gap junctions. ..
- Ghosh A, Steele R, Ray R. Modulation of human luteinizing hormone beta gene transcription by MIP-2A. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:24033-8 pubmed..Taken together, our results indicate that MIP-2A preferentially expresses in certain tissues, including the pituitary gland, and negatively regulates the LHbeta gene transcription. ..
- Nochi H, Sung J, Lou J, Adkisson H, Maloney W, Hruska K. Adenovirus mediated BMP-13 gene transfer induces chondrogenic differentiation of murine mesenchymal progenitor cells. J Bone Miner Res. 2004;19:111-22 pubmed..Thus, this may prove to be a useful strategy for cell-based regeneration of articular cartilage. ..
- Imamura T, Imamura C, Iwamoto Y, Sandell L. Transcriptional Co-activators CREB-binding protein/p300 increase chondrocyte Cd-rap gene expression by multiple mechanisms including sequestration of the repressor CCAAT/enhancer-binding protein. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:16625-34 pubmed..This new paradigm is likely generally applicable to cartilage genes as Col2a1 cartilage collagen gene responds similarly. ..
- Gill J, Langer E, Lindsley R, Cai M, Murphy T, Murphy K. Snail promotes the cell-autonomous generation of Flk1(+) endothelial cells through the repression of the microRNA-200 family. Stem Cells Dev. 2012;21:167-76 pubmed publisher..We hypothesize that this mechanism of Snail-induced vasculogenesis may be conserved in both the early developing embryo and malignant cancers. ..
- Janouskova H, El Tekle G, Bellini E, Udeshi N, Rinaldi A, Ulbricht A, et al. Opposing effects of cancer-type-specific SPOP mutants on BET protein degradation and sensitivity to BET inhibitors. Nat Med. 2017;23:1046-1054 pubmed publisher..Specifically, we provide a molecular rationale for the use of BET inhibitors to treat patients with endometrial but not prostate cancer who harbor SPOP mutations. ..
- Tao T, Wasson J, Bernal Mizrachi E, Behn P, Chayen S, DuPrat L, et al. Isolation and characterization of the human PAX4 gene. Diabetes. 1998;47:1650-3 pubmed
- Brands A, Ho T. Function of a plant stress-induced gene, HVA22. Synthetic enhancement screen with its yeast homolog reveals its role in vesicular traffic. Plant Physiol. 2002;130:1121-31 pubmed..Based on these observations, we suggest that Yop1p/HVA22 regulates vesicular traffic in stressed cells either to facilitate membrane turnover, or to decrease unnecessary secretion. ..
- Gish S, Maier E, Haynes B, Santiago Tirado F, Srikanta D, Ma C, et al. Computational Analysis Reveals a Key Regulator of Cryptococcal Virulence and Determinant of Host Response. MBio. 2016;7:e00313-16 pubmed publisher..Our work elucidates mechanisms of capsule regulation, provides methods and resources to the research community, and demonstrates an altered pathogenic outcome that resembles some human conditions. ..
- Dokucu M, Zipursky S, Cagan R. Atonal, rough and the resolution of proneural clusters in the developing Drosophila retina. Development. 1996;122:4139-47 pubmed..These observations suggest that homeobox-containing genes can provide tissue-specific regulation to bHLH factors. ..
- Bertram P, Choi J, Carvalho J, Ai W, Zeng C, Chan T, et al. Tripartite regulation of Gln3p by TOR, Ure2p, and phosphatases. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:35727-33 pubmed..In contrast to the free Gln3p, the Ure2p-bound Gln3p is signifcantly resistant to dephosphorylation. Taken together, these results reveal a tripartite regulatory mechanism by which the phosphorylation of Gln3p is regulated. ..
- Pierce R, Griffin G, Miner J, Senior R. Expression patterns of laminin alpha1 and alpha5 in human lung during development. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2000;23:742-7 pubmed..It is evident that laminin alpha1 and laminin alpha5 have different roles in the development of the human lung. ..
- Lu Z, Shvartsman M, Lee A, Shao J, Murray M, Kladney R, et al. Mammalian target of rapamycin activator RHEB is frequently overexpressed in human carcinomas and is critical and sufficient for skin epithelial carcinogenesis. Cancer Res. 2010;70:3287-98 pubmed publisher..Our findings offer direct evidence that RHEB facilitates multistage carcinogenesis through induction of multiple oncogenic mechanisms, perhaps contributing to the poor prognosis of patients with cancers overexpressing RHEB. ..
- Blanc Potard A, Solomon F, Kayser J, Groisman E. The SPI-3 pathogenicity island of Salmonella enterica. J Bacteriol. 1999;181:998-1004 pubmed
- Blatt E, Yan X, Wuerffel M, Hamilos D, Brody S. Forkhead transcription factor HFH-4 expression is temporally related to ciliogenesis. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 1999;21:168-76 pubmed
- Hu C, Perlmutter D. Regulation of alpha1-antitrypsin gene expression in human intestinal epithelial cell line caco-2 by HNF-1alpha and HNF-4. Am J Physiol. 1999;276:G1181-94 pubmed..Together, these results provide evidence that HNF-1alpha and HNF-4 play a role in the mechanism by which the alpha1-AT gene is upregulated during enterocyte differentiation in the model Caco-2 cell system. ..
- Bielinska M, Parviainen H, Porter Tinge S, Kiiveri S, Genova E, Rahman N, et al. Mouse strain susceptibility to gonadectomy-induced adrenocortical tumor formation correlates with the expression of GATA-4 and luteinizing hormone receptor. Endocrinology. 2003;144:4123-33 pubmed
- Murphy T, Cleveland M, Kulesza P, Magram J, Murphy K. Regulation of interleukin 12 p40 expression through an NF-kappa B half-site. Mol Cell Biol. 1995;15:5258-67 pubmed..Finally, we find that IFN-gamma treatment of cells enhances this binding interaction, thus potentially providing a mechanism for IFN-gamma augmentation of IL-12 production by macrophages. ..
- García Véscovi E, Soncini F, Groisman E. Mg2+ as an extracellular signal: environmental regulation of Salmonella virulence. Cell. 1996;84:165-74 pubmed..Mg2+ changed the conformation of the periplasmic domain of PhoQ, identifying this protein as a Mg2+ sensor. A mutation in the sensing domain of PhoQ altered the set point for Mg2+ and rendered Salmonella avirulent. ..
- Bildirici I, Roh C, Schaiff W, Lewkowski B, Nelson D, Sadovsky Y. The lipid droplet-associated protein adipophilin is expressed in human trophoblasts and is regulated by peroxisomal proliferator-activated receptor-gamma/retinoid X receptor. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2003;88:6056-62 pubmed..We conclude that the expression of adipophilin is enhanced during trophoblast differentiation and is up-regulated by ligand-activated PPARgamma/RXR. Enhanced adipophilin expression may contribute to fatty acid uptake by the placenta. ..
- Lauberth S, Bilyeu A, Firulli B, Kroll K, Rauchman M. A phosphomimetic mutation in the Sall1 repression motif disrupts recruitment of the nucleosome remodeling and deacetylase complex and repression of Gbx2. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:34858-68 pubmed
- Tourtellotte W, Milbrandt J. Sensory ataxia and muscle spindle agenesis in mice lacking the transcription factor Egr3. Nat Genet. 1998;20:87-91 pubmed..These results indicate that type I myotubes are dependent upon Egr3-mediated transcription for proper spindle development. ..