Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on nicotinic receptors in St Louis, Missouri, United States
Locale: St Louis, Missouri, United States
Topic: nicotinic receptors
- Bao J, Lei D, Du Y, Ohlemiller K, Beaudet A, Role L. Requirement of nicotinic acetylcholine receptor subunit beta2 in the maintenance of spiral ganglion neurons during aging. J Neurosci. 2005;25:3041-5 pubmed..Our findings clearly established a requirement for beta2 nAChR subunit in the maintenance of SGNs during aging. ..
- Grucza R, Wang J, Stitzel J, Hinrichs A, Saccone S, Saccone N, et al. A risk allele for nicotine dependence in CHRNA5 is a protective allele for cocaine dependence. Biol Psychiatry. 2008;64:922-9 pubmed publisher..The goal of this study was to examine the association of this variant with cocaine dependence...
- Apel E, Roberds S, Campbell K, Merlie J. Rapsyn may function as a link between the acetylcholine receptor and the agrin-binding dystrophin-associated glycoprotein complex. Neuron. 1995;15:115-26 pubmed..Rapsyn may therefore be a molecular link connecting the AChR to the DGC. At the neuromuscular synapse, rapsyn-mediated linkage of the AChR to the cytoskeleton-anchored DGC may underlie AChR cluster stabilization. ..
- Feng G, Steinbach J, Sanes J. Rapsyn clusters neuronal acetylcholine receptors but is inessential for formation of an interneuronal cholinergic synapse. J Neurosci. 1998;18:4166-76 pubmed..Thus, rapsyn is dispensable for clustering of ganglionic neuronal nicotinic AChRs. ..
- Saccone N, Wang J, Breslau N, Johnson E, Hatsukami D, Saccone S, et al. The CHRNA5-CHRNA3-CHRNB4 nicotinic receptor subunit gene cluster affects risk for nicotine dependence in African-Americans and in European-Americans. Cancer Res. 2009;69:6848-56 pubmed publisher..The nonsynonymous SNP rs16969968, a known risk variant in populations of European-descent, is also significantly associated with risk in African-Americans. Additional SNPs contribute to risk in distinct ways in these two populations. ..