Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on mice in St Louis, Missouri, United States
Locale: St Louis, Missouri, United States
Publications727 found, 100 shown here
- Barchet W, Krug A, Cella M, Newby C, Fischer J, Dzionek A, et al. Dendritic cells respond to influenza virus through TLR7- and PKR-independent pathways. Eur J Immunol. 2005;35:236-42 pubmed..We conclude that DC and IPC are hard-wired to secrete IFN-alpha via different pathways, reflecting their complementary but distinct roles in anti-viral immunity. ..
- Oliphant T, Engle M, Nybakken G, Doane C, Johnson S, Huang L, et al. Development of a humanized monoclonal antibody with therapeutic potential against West Nile virus. Nat Med. 2005;11:522-30 pubmed..In postexposure therapeutic trials in mice, a single dose of humanized E16 protected mice against WNV-induced mortality, and may therefore be a viable treatment option against WNV infection in humans. ..
- Zandy A, Lakhani S, Zheng T, Flavell R, Bassnett S. Role of the executioner caspases during lens development. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:30263-72 pubmed..Thus, no single executioner caspase (nor a combination of caspase-3 and -6) is required for organelle loss, although caspase-3 activity may be required for other aspects of lens transparency. ..
- Carper M, Zhang S, Turk J, Ramanadham S. Skeletal muscle group VIA phospholipase A2 (iPLA2beta): expression and role in fatty acid oxidation. Biochemistry. 2008;47:12241-9 pubmed publisher..Our findings therefore reveal a novel function of iPLA 2beta, related not to its phospholipase activity but to its thioesterase activity, which contributes to optimal fatty acid oxidation in skeletal muscle. ..
- Evers A, Chen Z, Manion B, Han M, Jiang X, Darbandi Tonkabon R, et al. A synthetic 18-norsteroid distinguishes between two neuroactive steroid binding sites on GABAA receptors. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2010;333:404-13 pubmed publisher..These data provide insight into the pharmacophore required for neurosteroid efficacy at the NS2 site and may prove useful in the development of selective agonists and antagonists for neurosteroid sites on the GABAA receptor. ..
- Nakagomi D, Suzuki K, Hosokawa J, Kobayashi Y, Suto A, Takatori H, et al. Therapeutic potential of B and T lymphocyte attenuator expressed on CD8+ T cells for contact hypersensitivity. J Invest Dermatol. 2013;133:702-711 pubmed publisher..In vivo injection of 6A6 suppressed DNFB-induced CHS and IFN-? production of CD8(+) T cells. Taken together, these results suggest that stimulation of BTLA with agonistic agents has therapeutic potential in CHS...
- Zhang Y, Saporita A, Weber J. P19ARF and RasV¹² offer opposing regulation of DHX33 translation to dictate tumor cell fate. Mol Cell Biol. 2013;33:1594-607 pubmed publisher..Our results directly implicate DHX33 as a crucial player in establishing rRNA synthesis rates in the face of Ras(V12) or ARF signals, adjusting ribosome biogenesis to match the appropriate growth or antigrowth signals. ..
- Everts B, Amiel E, Huang S, Smith A, Chang C, Lam W, et al. TLR-driven early glycolytic reprogramming via the kinases TBK1-IKK? supports the anabolic demands of dendritic cell activation. Nat Immunol. 2014;15:323-32 pubmed publisher..In summary, we identified the rapid induction of glycolysis as an integral component of TLR signaling that is essential for the anabolic demands of the activation and function of DCs. ..
- Boudoures A, Chi M, Thompson A, Zhang W, Moley K. The effects of voluntary exercise on oocyte quality in a diet-induced obese murine model. Reproduction. 2016;151:261-70 pubmed publisher..Because of the HFD-induced deficiency in Î²-oxidation, dietary supplementation with substrates to improve lipid utilization may be more beneficial. ..
- Zou J, Zhang B, Gutmann D, Wong M. Postnatal reduction of tuberous sclerosis complex 1 expression in astrocytes and neurons causes seizures in an age-dependent manner. Epilepsia. 2017;58:2053-2063 pubmed publisher..These findings support a model in which the developmental timing of TSC1 loss dictates the severity of neuronal and glial abnormalities and resulting epilepsy. ..
- Chao D, Linette G, Boise L, White L, Thompson C, Korsmeyer S. Bcl-XL and Bcl-2 repress a common pathway of cell death. J Exp Med. 1995;182:821-8 pubmed..Immunoprecipitation indicated that Bcl-xL, like Bcl-2, heterodimerized with the death-promoting molecule Bax in thymocytes. This in vivo model argues that Bcl-xL, like Bcl-2, functions in a common pathway to repress cell death. ..
- Heikinheimo M, Scandrett J, Wilson D. Localization of transcription factor GATA-4 to regions of the mouse embryo involved in cardiac development. Dev Biol. 1994;164:361-73 pubmed..The temporal and spacial patterns of GATA-4 expression support a role for this factor in the regulation of cardiac differentiation, analogous to the established role of transcription factor GATA-1 in the regulation of hematopoiesis. ..
- Clark R, Hutton M, Talbot C, Wragg M, Lendon C, Busfield F, et al. The role of presenilin 1 in the genetics of Alzheimer's disease. Cold Spring Harb Symp Quant Biol. 1996;61:551-8 pubmed..As in other complex disorders, these additional loci may involve genetic interactions with the known AD loci. Identification of all susceptibility loci for AD is a major goal in resolving the pathogenesis of AD. ..
- Daugherty A, Pure E, Delfel Butteiger D, Chen S, Leferovich J, Roselaar S, et al. The effects of total lymphocyte deficiency on the extent of atherosclerosis in apolipoprotein E-/- mice. J Clin Invest. 1997;100:1575-80 pubmed..In conclusion, the absence of autoantibodies and T lymphocytes did not influence the extent of aortic atherosclerotic lesions in apo E-deficient mice. ..
- Hart M, Korshunova Y, Cooper J. Vertebrates have conserved capping protein alpha isoforms with specific expression patterns. Cell Motil Cytoskeleton. 1997;38:120-32 pubmed..Most tissues have both alpha1 and alpha2 isoforms but the ratio of alpha1:alpha2 varies widely. Together, these findings support the hypothesis that the CP alpha isoforms have conserved, unique and essential roles in vertebrates. ..
- Wright D, Zhou L, Kucera J, Snider W. Introduction of a neurotrophin-3 transgene into muscle selectively rescues proprioceptive neurons in mice lacking endogenous neurotrophin-3. Neuron. 1997;19:503-17 pubmed..The level of NT-3 in developing muscles may be the principal factor determining the number of proprioceptive neurons in dorsal root ganglions and spindles in skeletal muscles of adults. ..
- Fu C, Turck C, Kurosaki T, Chan A. BLNK: a central linker protein in B cell activation. Immunity. 1998;9:93-103 pubmed..Hence, BLNK represents a central linker protein that bridges the B cell receptor-associated kinases with a multitude of signaling pathways and may regulate the biologic outcomes of B cell function and development. ..
- Feng G, Krejci E, Molgo J, Cunningham J, Massoulie J, Sanes J. Genetic analysis of collagen Q: roles in acetylcholinesterase and butyrylcholinesterase assembly and in synaptic structure and function. J Cell Biol. 1999;144:1349-60 pubmed..Compensation was incomplete, however, as animals lacking ColQ and synaptic AChE failed to thrive and most died before they reached maturity. ..
- Presti R, Popkin D, Connick M, Paetzold S, Virgin H. Novel cell type-specific antiviral mechanism of interferon gamma action in macrophages. J Exp Med. 2001;193:483-96 pubmed..These studies in primary cells define a novel mechanism of IFN-gamma action restricted to Mphi, a cell type key for MCMV pathogenesis and latency. ..
- Molina H. The murine complement regulator Crry: new insights into the immunobiology of complement regulation. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2002;59:220-9 pubmed..Experimental work on Crry has increased our understanding of the immunobiology of complement regulation and the potential role of complement and complement inhibitors in the development and treatment of human diseases. ..
- Nguyen N, Miner J, Pierce R, Senior R. Laminin alpha 5 is required for lobar septation and visceral pleural basement membrane formation in the developing mouse lung. Dev Biol. 2002;246:231-44 pubmed..Our finding of normal lung branching morphogenesis with abnormal lobar septation demonstrates that these processes are not obligatorily linked. ..
- Hartman R, Laurer H, Longhi L, Bales K, Paul S, McIntosh T, et al. Apolipoprotein E4 influences amyloid deposition but not cell loss after traumatic brain injury in a mouse model of Alzheimer's disease. J Neurosci. 2002;22:10083-7 pubmed..These data support the hypothesis that APOE4 influences the neurodegenerative cascade after TBI via an effect on Abeta. ..
- Yao R, Wang Y, D Agostini F, Izzotti A, Lubet R, You M, et al. K-ras mutations in lung tumors from p53 mutant mice exposed to cigarette smoke. Exp Lung Res. 2005;31:271-81 pubmed..These results suggest that tobacco smoke enhances lung tumorigenesis primarily through promoting spontaneously occurring K-ras mutations. ..
- Lavine K, White A, Park C, Smith C, Choi K, Long F, et al. Fibroblast growth factor signals regulate a wave of Hedgehog activation that is essential for coronary vascular development. Genes Dev. 2006;20:1651-66 pubmed..Consistent with this, activation of HH signaling in the adult heart leads to an increase in coronary vessel density. ..
- Brown S, Riehl T, Walker M, Geske M, Doherty J, Stenson W, et al. Myd88-dependent positioning of Ptgs2-expressing stromal cells maintains colonic epithelial proliferation during injury. J Clin Invest. 2007;117:258-69 pubmed
- Yu K, Ornitz D. FGF signaling regulates mesenchymal differentiation and skeletal patterning along the limb bud proximodistal axis. Development. 2008;135:483-91 pubmed
- Liu P, Vikis H, James M, Lu Y, Wang D, Liu H, et al. Identification of Las2, a major modifier gene affecting the Pas1 mouse lung tumor susceptibility locus. Cancer Res. 2009;69:6290-8 pubmed publisher..Deletion of LAS2 was observed in approximately 40% of human lung adenocarcinomas, implying that loss of function of LAS2 may be a key step for lung tumorigenesis...
- Zhang X, Sun P, Wang J, Wang Q, Song S. Diffusion tensor imaging detects retinal ganglion cell axon damage in the mouse model of optic nerve crush. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2011;52:7001-6 pubmed publisher..The authors demonstrated that in vivo DTI detected axonal injury earlier than SMI-31. Results suggest that in vivo DTI of optic nerve injury may be used as a noninvasive tool for assessing the pathogenesis of RGC axonal injury. ..
- Yellajoshyula D, Lim J, Thompson D, Witt J, Patterson E, Kroll K. Geminin regulates the transcriptional and epigenetic status of neuronal fate-promoting genes during mammalian neurogenesis. Mol Cell Biol. 2012;32:4549-60 pubmed publisher..Additional developmental signals acting in these cells can then control their transition toward terminal neuronal or glial differentiation during mammalian neurogenesis...
- Xia J, Zhang W. Noncanonical microRNAs and endogenous siRNAs in lytic infection of murine gammaherpesvirus. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e47863 pubmed publisher..Our results extended the number of noncanonical miRNAs in mammals and shed new light on their potential functions of lytic infection of MHV68. ..
- Shen H, Gelberman R, Silva M, Sakiyama Elbert S, Thomopoulos S. BMP12 induces tenogenic differentiation of adipose-derived stromal cells. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e77613 pubmed publisher..Collectively, results support the conclusion that BMP12 induces tenogenic differentiation of ASCs via the Smad1/5/8 pathway. ..
- Elimam H, Papillon J, Kaufman D, Guillemette J, Aoudjit L, Gross R, et al. Genetic Ablation of Calcium-independent Phospholipase A2? Induces Glomerular Injury in Mice. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:14468-82 pubmed publisher..Understanding the role of iPLA2? in glomerular pathophysiology provides opportunities for the development of novel therapeutic approaches to glomerular injury and proteinuria. ..
- Jacobsen C, Narita N, Bielinska M, Syder A, Gordon J, Wilson D. Genetic mosaic analysis reveals that GATA-4 is required for proper differentiation of mouse gastric epithelium. Dev Biol. 2002;241:34-46 pubmed
- Musil L, Frail D, Merlie J. The mammalian 43-kD acetylcholine receptor-associated protein (RAPsyn) is expressed in some nonmuscle cells. J Cell Biol. 1989;108:1833-40 pubmed..These findings demonstrate that RAPsyn is not specific to skeletal muscle-derived cells and imply that it may function in a capacity either in addition to or instead of AChR clustering. ..
- Belaaouaj A, Walsh B, Jenkins N, Copeland N, Shapiro S. Characterization of the mouse neutrophil elastase gene and localization to chromosome 10. Mamm Genome. 1997;8:5-8 pubmed..Knowledge of the genomic organization and chromosomal location of mouse NE may allow us to further define mechanisms responsible for cell and tissue-specific expression of mouse NE. ..
- Jablonka Shariff A, Olson L. The role of nitric oxide in oocyte meiotic maturation and ovulation: meiotic abnormalities of endothelial nitric oxide synthase knock-out mouse oocytes. Endocrinology. 1998;139:2944-54 pubmed..Our results support a role for NO in the ovulatory process. The ovarian defects observed in the eNOS knock-out mice suggest that eNOS-derived NO is a modulator of oocyte meiotic maturation. ..
- Betsuyaku T, Liu F, Senior R, Haug J, Brown E, Jones S, et al. A functional granulocyte colony-stimulating factor receptor is required for normal chemoattractant-induced neutrophil activation. J Clin Invest. 1999;103:825-32 pubmed..Collectively, these data demonstrate that selective defects in PMN activation are present in G-CSFR-deficient mice and indicate that G-CSF plays an important role in regulating PMN chemokine responsiveness. ..
- Seavitt J, White L, Murphy K, Loh D, Perlmutter R, Thomas M. Expression of the p56(Lck) Y505F mutation in CD45-deficient mice rescues thymocyte development. Mol Cell Biol. 1999;19:4200-8 pubmed..These results indicate that thymocyte development requires the dephosphorylation of the inhibitory site in Lck by CD45. ..
- Colvin J, Feldman B, Nadeau J, Goldfarb M, Ornitz D. Genomic organization and embryonic expression of the mouse fibroblast growth factor 9 gene. Dev Dyn. 1999;216:72-88 pubmed..Fgf9 is coexpressed with other Fgf genes in some skeletal myoblasts, in limb apical ectoderm, in craniofacial ectoderm, and in the retina, inner ear, and tooth bud. Dev Dyn 1999;216:72-88. ..
- Hurov J, Stappenbeck T, Zmasek C, White L, Ranganath S, Russell J, et al. Immune system dysfunction and autoimmune disease in mice lacking Emk (Par-1) protein kinase. Mol Cell Biol. 2001;21:3206-19 pubmed..Taken together, these results demonstrate that the Emk protein kinase is essential for maintaining immune system homeostasis and that loss of Emk may contribute to autoimmune disease in mammals. ..
- Aft R, Lewis J, Zhang F, Kim J, Welch M. Enhancing targeted radiotherapy by copper(II)diacetyl- bis(N4-methylthiosemicarbazone) using 2-deoxy-D-glucose. Cancer Res. 2003;63:5496-504 pubmed..Our data indicate that the strategy of combining tumor-specific cytotoxic agents that function by differing mechanisms can result in an effective, selective, tumor-specific cell death with minimal effect on the host. ..
- Lai C, Bai S, Uthgenannt B, Halstead L, McLoughlin P, Schafer B, et al. Four and half lim protein 2 (FHL2) stimulates osteoblast differentiation. J Bone Miner Res. 2006;21:17-28 pubmed..Moreover, FHL2-deficient female mice exhibited greater bone loss than the wildtype littermates after ovariectomy. Thus, FHL2 plays an important role in osteoblast differentiation and bone formation. ..
- Nguyen N, Pulkkinen L, Schlueter J, Meneguzzi G, Uitto J, Senior R. Lung development in laminin gamma2 deficiency: abnormal tracheal hemidesmosomes with normal branching morphogenesis and epithelial differentiation. Respir Res. 2006;7:28 pubmed..Targeted deletion of the laminin gamma2 gene in mice results in skin blistering and neonatal death at 3-5 days after birth due to failure to thrive...
- Johnson J, Ford E, Bernal Mizrachi E, Kusser K, Luciani D, Han Z, et al. Suppressed insulin signaling and increased apoptosis in CD38-null islets. Diabetes. 2006;55:2737-46 pubmed..Thus, our results suggest that CD38 plays a role in novel antiapoptotic signaling pathways but does not directly control glucose signaling in pancreatic beta-cells. ..
- Liu P, Vikis H, Lu Y, Wang D, You M. Large-scale in silico mapping of complex quantitative traits in inbred mice. PLoS ONE. 2007;2:e651 pubmed..These high-resolution QTL data can serve as a primary resource for positional cloning and gene identification in the research community. ..
- Lee J, Retamal C, Cuitino L, Caruano Yzermans A, Shin J, van Kerkhof P, et al. Adaptor protein sorting nexin 17 regulates amyloid precursor protein trafficking and processing in the early endosomes. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:11501-8 pubmed publisher..The identification of SNX17 as a novel APP intracellular adaptor protein highly expressed in neurons should facilitate the understanding of the relationship between APP intracellular trafficking and processing to Abeta. ..
- Lai C, Struckhoff J, Schneider J, Martinez Sobrido L, Wolff T, Garcia Sastre A, et al. Mice lacking the ISG15 E1 enzyme UbE1L demonstrate increased susceptibility to both mouse-adapted and non-mouse-adapted influenza B virus infection. J Virol. 2009;83:1147-51 pubmed publisher..Thus, the conjugation of ISG15 to target proteins within stromal cells is critical to its activity against influenza virus. ..
- Kanda T, Raychoudhuri A, Steele R, Sagartz J, West C, Ray R. MBP-1 inhibits breast cancer growth and metastasis in immunocompetent mice. Cancer Res. 2009;69:9354-9 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our study shows that MBP-1 acts as a double-edged sword by inhibiting primary and metastatic tumor growth and modulating matrix metalloproteinase expression with a therapeutic potential against breast cancer progression. ..
- Kreisel D, Sugimoto S, Tietjens J, Zhu J, Yamamoto S, Krupnick A, et al. Bcl3 prevents acute inflammatory lung injury in mice by restraining emergency granulopoiesis. J Clin Invest. 2011;121:265-76 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate a critical role for Bcl3 in regulating emergency granulopoiesis and suggest that targeting the differentiation of myeloid progenitors may be a therapeutic strategy for preventing inflammatory lung injury. ..
- Guo W, Malin S, Johns D, Jeromin A, Nerbonne J. Modulation of Kv4-encoded K(+) currents in the mammalian myocardium by neuronal calcium sensor-1. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:26436-43 pubmed..Taken together, these results suggest that NCS-1 is an accessory subunit of Kv4-encoded I(to,f) channels that functions to regulate I(to,f) density in the mammalian myocardium. ..
- Xie Y, Blanc V, Kerr T, Kennedy S, Luo J, Newberry E, et al. Decreased expression of cholesterol 7alpha-hydroxylase and altered bile acid metabolism in Apobec-1-/- mice lead to increased gallstone susceptibility. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:16860-71 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the findings suggest that the AU-rich RNA binding-protein Apobec-1 mediates post-transcriptional regulation of murine Cyp7a1 expression and influences susceptibility to diet-induced gallstone formation. ..
- Viader A, Wright Jin E, Vohra B, Heuckeroth R, Milbrandt J. Differential regional and subtype-specific vulnerability of enteric neurons to mitochondrial dysfunction. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e27727 pubmed publisher..Mitochondrial dysfunction, therefore, is likely to be an important driving force of neurodegeneration in the ENS and contribute to gastrointestinal symptoms in people with neurodegenerative disorders. ..
- Hermiston M, Gordon J. In vivo analysis of cadherin function in the mouse intestinal epithelium: essential roles in adhesion, maintenance of differentiation, and regulation of programmed cell death. J Cell Biol. 1995;129:489-506 pubmed..These data indicate that enterocytic cadherins are critical cell survival factors that actively maintain intestinal epithelial function in vivo. ..
- Santos Ocampo S, Colvin J, Chellaiah A, Ornitz D. Expression and biological activity of mouse fibroblast growth factor-9. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:1726-31 pubmed..Significantly, FGF-9 also binds to and activates the "b" splice form of FGFR3, thus becoming the first FGF ligand besides FGF-1 to activate this highly specific member of the FGF receptor family. ..
- Pham C, Armstrong R, Zimonjic D, Popescu N, Payan D, Ley T. Molecular cloning, chromosomal localization, and expression of murine dipeptidyl peptidase I. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:10695-703 pubmed..In contrast to previous reports, we show here that DPPI mRNA and protein levels and enzymatic activity are unchanged during in vitro T cell activation, implying that this enzyme is not rate-limiting for granzyme processing. ..
- Parsadanian A, Cheng Y, Keller Peck C, Holtzman D, Snider W. Bcl-xL is an antiapoptotic regulator for postnatal CNS neurons. J Neurosci. 1998;18:1009-19 pubmed..Furthermore, we show that overexpression of Bcl-xL is neuroprotective in this paradigm. We conclude that levels of Bcl-xL in postnatal neurons may be a critical determinant of their susceptibility to apoptosis. ..
- Yu M, Haslam R, Haslam D. HEDJ, an Hsp40 co-chaperone localized to the endoplasmic reticulum of human cells. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:24984-92 pubmed..Highly homologous sequences were found in mouse, Drosophila, and Caenorhabditis elegans data bases. These results suggest potential roles for HEDJ in protein import, folding, or translocation within the endoplasmic reticulum. ..
- Schaefer M, Wong S, Wozniak D, Muglia L, Liauw J, Zhuo M, et al. Altered stress-induced anxiety in adenylyl cyclase type VIII-deficient mice. J Neurosci. 2000;20:4809-20 pubmed..These results demonstrate a novel role for AC8 in the modulation of anxiety. ..
- Zhang D, Mott J, Chang S, Denniger G, Feng Z, Zassenhaus H. Construction of transgenic mice with tissue-specific acceleration of mitochondrial DNA mutagenesis. Genomics. 2000;69:151-61 pubmed..These mice may prove to be useful models to study the pathogenic effects of elevated levels of mitochondrial DNA mutations in specific tissues. ..
- Richards M, Listenberger L, Kelly A, Lewis S, Ory D, Schaffer J. Oligomerization of the murine fatty acid transport protein 1. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:10477-83 pubmed..Taken together, these results are consistent with a model in which FATP1 homodimeric complexes play an important role in cellular fatty acid import. ..
- Engle M, Diamond M. Antibody prophylaxis and therapy against West Nile virus infection in wild-type and immunodeficient mice. J Virol. 2003;77:12941-9 pubmed..Thus, passive transfer of immune antibody improves clinical outcome even after WNV has disseminated into the central nervous system. ..
- Cam J, Zerbinatti C, Knisely J, Hecimovic S, Li Y, Bu G. The low density lipoprotein receptor-related protein 1B retains beta-amyloid precursor protein at the cell surface and reduces amyloid-beta peptide production. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:29639-46 pubmed..These findings reveal that LRP1B is a novel binding partner of APP that functions to decrease APP processing to Abeta. Consequently LRP1B expression could function to protect against the pathogenesis of Alzheimer's disease. ..
- Garcia Campayo V, Boime I, Ma X, Daphna Iken D, Kumar T. A single-chain tetradomain glycoprotein hormone analog elicits multiple hormone activities in vivo. Biol Reprod. 2005;72:301-8 pubmed..Our results establish the permissiveness and conformational plasticity with which the glycoprotein hormones are recognized in vivo by their target cell receptors. ..
- Scatizzi J, Hutcheson J, Bickel E, Woods J, Klosowska K, Moore T, et al. p21Cip1 is required for the development of monocytes and their response to serum transfer-induced arthritis. Am J Pathol. 2006;168:1531-41 pubmed..These data suggest a novel role for p21 in regulating the development and/or differentiation of monocytic populations that are crucial for the induction of inflammatory arthritis. ..
- Riley J, Moley K. Glucose utilization and the PI3-K pathway: mechanisms for cell survival in preimplantation embryos. Reproduction. 2006;131:823-35 pubmed..In addition, data demonstrating that PI3-K activity is important for glucose metabolism during this early developmental period will be discussed. ..
- You M, Wang D, Liu P, Vikis H, James M, Lu Y, et al. Fine mapping of chromosome 6q23-25 region in familial lung cancer families reveals RGS17 as a likely candidate gene. Clin Cancer Res. 2009;15:2666-74 pubmed publisher..Human lung tumor cell proliferation and tumorigenesis in nude mice are inhibited upon knockdown of RGS17 levels. RGS17 is a major candidate for the familial lung cancer susceptibility locus on chromosome 6q23-25. ..
- Kim H, Zou W, Ito Y, Kim S, Chappel J, Ross F, et al. Src-like adaptor protein regulates osteoclast generation and survival. J Cell Biochem. 2010;110:201-9 pubmed publisher..These counterbalancing events yield indistinguishable bones of WT and SLAP-/- mice which contain equal numbers of osteoclasts in basal and stimulated conditions. ..
- Dai S, Abu Amer W, Karuppaiah K, Abu Amer Y. Evidence that the kinase-truncated c-Src regulates NF-?B signaling by targeting NEMO. J Cell Biochem. 2011;112:2463-70 pubmed publisher..Buttressing these findings, the expression of NEMO and NF-?B signaling were significantly reduced in monocytes collected from Src251 transgenic mice. ..
- Luzzo K, Wang Q, Purcell S, Chi M, Jimenez P, Grindler N, et al. High fat diet induced developmental defects in the mouse: oocyte meiotic aneuploidy and fetal growth retardation/brain defects. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e49217 pubmed publisher..From current studies it is not clear if the origin of the reproductive complications is attributable to problems that arise in the oocyte or the uterine environment...
- Kumar P, Luo Q, Vickers T, Sheikh A, Lewis W, Fleckenstein J. EatA, an immunogenic protective antigen of enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli, degrades intestinal mucin. Infect Immun. 2014;82:500-8 pubmed publisher..These findings may have significant implications for development of both subunit and live-attenuated vaccines against ETEC and other enteric pathogens, including Shigella flexneri, that express similar proteins. ..
- Langner C, Birkenmeier E, Roth K, Bronson R, Gordon J. Characterization of the peripheral neuropathy in neonatal and adult mice that are homozygous for the fatty liver dystrophy (fld) mutation. J Biol Chem. 1991;266:11955-64 pubmed
- Szabo S, Dighe A, Gubler U, Murphy K. Regulation of the interleukin (IL)-12R beta 2 subunit expression in developing T helper 1 (Th1) and Th2 cells. J Exp Med. 1997;185:817-24 pubmed..Thus, IFN-gamma may prevent early Th cells from premature commitment to the Th2 pathway. Controlling the expression of the IL-12R beta 2 subunit could be an important therapeutic target for the redirection of ongoing Th cell responses. ..
- Rodig S, Meraz M, White J, Lampe P, Riley J, Arthur C, et al. Disruption of the Jak1 gene demonstrates obligatory and nonredundant roles of the Jaks in cytokine-induced biologic responses. Cell. 1998;93:373-83 pubmed..Our results thus demonstrate that Jak1 plays an essential and nonredundant role in promoting biologic responses induced by a select subset of cytokine receptors, including those in which Jak utilization was thought to be nonspecific. ..
- Muglia L, Bae D, Brown T, Vogt S, Alvarez J, Sunday M, et al. Proliferation and differentiation defects during lung development in corticotropin-releasing hormone-deficient mice. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 1999;20:181-8 pubmed
- Bridgman P. Myosin Va movements in normal and dilute-lethal axons provide support for a dual filament motor complex. J Cell Biol. 1999;146:1045-60 pubmed..Although myosin V activity is not necessary for long-range transport in axons, myosin Va activity is necessary for local movement or processing of organelles in regions, such as presynaptic terminals that lack microtubules. ..
- Araki T, Sasaki Y, Milbrandt J. Increased nuclear NAD biosynthesis and SIRT1 activation prevent axonal degeneration. Science. 2004;305:1010-3 pubmed..These findings suggest that novel therapeutic strategies directed at increasing the supply of NAD and/or Sir2 activation may be effective for treatment of diseases characterized by axonopathy and neurodegeneration. ..
- Chinnadurai G. CtIP, a candidate tumor susceptibility gene is a team player with luminaries. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2006;1765:67-73 pubmed..Recent studies raise the possibility that Ctip may itself be a tumor susceptibility gene and suggest that it might be important for the activities of tumor suppressors BRCA1, pRb family proteins and Ikaros family members. ..
- Giannakis M, Stappenbeck T, Mills J, Leip D, Lovett M, Clifton S, et al. Molecular properties of adult mouse gastric and intestinal epithelial progenitors in their niches. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:11292-300 pubmed..The results reveal shared as well as distinctive features of adult gut stem cells when compared with other stem cell populations. ..
- Jiang X, Cheng H, Yang K, Gross R, Han X. Alkaline methanolysis of lipid extracts extends shotgun lipidomics analyses to the low-abundance regime of cellular sphingolipids. Anal Biochem. 2007;371:135-45 pubmed
- Rajagopal R, Dattilo L, Kaartinen V, Deng C, Umans L, Zwijsen A, et al. Functions of the type 1 BMP receptor Acvr1 (Alk2) in lens development: cell proliferation, terminal differentiation, and survival. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2008;49:4953-60 pubmed publisher..Previously unknown functions mediated by this receptor included regionalization of the lens epithelium and cell cycle exit during fiber cell differentiation. ..
- Daffis S, Szretter K, Schriewer J, Li J, Youn S, Errett J, et al. 2'-O methylation of the viral mRNA cap evades host restriction by IFIT family members. Nature. 2010;468:452-6 pubmed publisher..Differential methylation of cytoplasmic RNA probably serves as an example for pattern recognition and restriction of propagation of foreign viral RNA in host cells. ..
- Lee G, Origanti S, White L, Sun J, Stappenbeck T, Piwnica Worms H. Contributions made by CDC25 phosphatases to proliferation of intestinal epithelial stem and progenitor cells. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e15561 pubmed publisher..Finally, we demonstrate that CDC25A and CDC25B but not CDC25C compensate for each other to maintain the proliferative capacity of intestinal epithelial stem and progenitor cells. ..
- Hu S, Maslov K, Wang L. Second-generation optical-resolution photoacoustic microscopy with improved sensitivity and speed. Opt Lett. 2011;36:1134-6 pubmed publisher..Mouse ears, as well as mouse brains with intact craniums, were imaged in vivo in both total concentration and oxygen saturation of hemoglobin. ..
- Schrimpf J, Tu E, Wang H, Wong Y, Morrison L. B7 costimulation molecules encoded by replication-defective, vhs-deficient HSV-1 improve vaccine-induced protection against corneal disease. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e22772 pubmed publisher..Thus, B7 costimulation molecules expressed from the genome of a replication-defective, ICP8?vhs? virus enhance vaccine efficacy by further reducing HSK. ..
- Tussiwand R, Lee W, Murphy T, Mashayekhi M, Kc W, Albring J, et al. Compensatory dendritic cell development mediated by BATF-IRF interactions. Nature. 2012;490:502-7 pubmed publisher..Conceivably, manipulating this alternative pathway of dendritic cell development could be of value in augmenting immune responses to vaccines. ..