Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in St Louis, Missouri, United States
Locale: St Louis, Missouri, United States
Publications887 found, 100 shown here
- Fujimoto K, Ford E, Tran H, Wice B, Crosby S, Dorn G, et al. Loss of Nix in Pdx1-deficient mice prevents apoptotic and necrotic ? cell death and diabetes. J Clin Invest. 2010;120:4031-9 pubmed publisher..These results establish Nix as a critical mediator of ? cell apoptosis and programmed necrosis in Pdx1-deficient diabetes. ..
- Johnson M, Semenkovich C. Common sense treatment for common lipid disorders. Mo Med. 2011;108:107-12 pubmed..Patients usually respond to lifestyle modifications and drug therapy guided by a stepwise approach supported by the results of clinical trials, but several misconceptions may interfere with treatment strategies. ..
- Tao J, Liu P, Xiao Z, Zhao H, Gerber B, Cao Y. Effects of familial hemiplegic migraine type 1 mutation T666M on voltage-gated calcium channel activities in trigeminal ganglion neurons. J Neurophysiol. 2012;107:1666-80 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results suggest a possible scenario through which FHM-1 mutations might increase the gain of the trigeminal nociceptive pathway. ..
- de Guzman Strong C, Cornelius L. Preparing the next generation in academic medicine: recruiting and retaining the best. J Invest Dermatol. 2012;132:1018-25 pubmed publisher..Throughout the years, the basic motivation that drives success has remained constant while the individuals (the players), the environment, and the definition of success in academics have become more varied. ..
- Kim J, Glasgow J, Nakayama M, Ak F, Ugai H, Curiel D. An adenovirus vector incorporating carbohydrate binding domains utilizes glycans for gene transfer. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e55533 pubmed publisher..Further development of this new targeting paradigm could provide targeted gene delivery based on vector recognition of disease-specific glycan biomarkers. ..
- Craword S, Fitchev P, Veliceasa D, Volpert O. The many facets of PEDF in drug discovery and disease: a diamond in the rough or split personality disorder?. Expert Opin Drug Discov. 2013;8:769-92 pubmed publisher..PEDF active fragments have been mapped and used to design short peptide mimetics conferring distinct functions of PEDF, which may address specific clinical problems and become prototype drugs. ..
- Spray A, Eddy B, Hipp J, Iannotti L. Spatial analysis of undernutrition of children in léogâne Commune, Haiti. Food Nutr Bull. 2013;34:444-61 pubmed..Despite some limitations, this study illustrates a promising approach for using geospatial data to improve the understanding of how a nutrition situation varies across a region and provide deeper insight into its underlying causes. ..
- Nichols K, Crow K, Balakas K. Beyond implementation: sustaining family-centered rounds. MCN Am J Matern Child Nurs. 2015;40:145-52; quiz 11-2 pubmed publisher..Through continued evaluation and collaboration, our unit worked to establish a standard approach to FCRs that benefits the patient and family as well as to the healthcare team. ..
- Alvarado D, McCall K, Hecht J, Dobbs M, Gurnett C. Deletions of 5' HOXC genes are associated with lower extremity malformations, including clubfoot and vertical talus. J Med Genet. 2016;53:250-5 pubmed publisher..Identification of 5' HOXC microdeletions highlights the importance of transcriptional regulators in the aetiology of severe lower limb malformations and will improve their diagnosis and management. ..
- Jia L, Gui B, Zheng D, Decker K, Tinay I, Tan M, et al. Androgen receptor-regulated miRNA-193a-3p targets AJUBA to promote prostate cancer cell migration. Prostate. 2017;77:1000-1011 pubmed publisher..Conclusions Our results suggest a novel AR/miR-193a-3p/AJUBA pathway implicated in PCa progression. MiR-193a-3p is a potential therapeutic target for metastatic PCa. ..
- Aldiri I, Xu B, Wang L, Chen X, Hiler D, Griffiths L, et al. The Dynamic Epigenetic Landscape of the Retina During Development, Reprogramming, and Tumorigenesis. Neuron. 2017;94:550-568.e10 pubmed publisher..The epigenome of retinoblastomas was more similar to that of the normal retina than that of retina-derived iPSCs, and we identified retina-specific epigenetic memory. ..
- Lapp M, Bridwell K, Lenke L, Daniel Riew K, Linville D, Eck K, et al. Long-term complications in adult spinal deformity patients having combined surgery a comparison of primary to revision patients. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2001;26:973-83 pubmed..Patient satisfaction was higher in the revision patients, probably because they were experiencing a greater level of perceived pain and dysfunction at the time of their reconstruction. ..
- Cheng H, Mancuso D, Jiang X, Guan S, Yang J, Yang K, et al. Shotgun lipidomics reveals the temporally dependent, highly diversified cardiolipin profile in the mammalian brain: temporally coordinated postnatal diversification of cardiolipin molecular species with neuronal remodeling. Biochemistry. 2008;47:5869-80 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results provide a new perspective on the complexity of CL in neuronal signaling, mitochondrial bioenergetics, and apoptosis. ..
- Glaser D, Coleman W, Fan L, Kaminer M, Kilmer S, Nossa R, et al. A randomized, blinded clinical evaluation of a novel microwave device for treating axillary hyperhidrosis: the dermatologic reduction in underarm perspiration study. Dermatol Surg. 2012;38:185-91 pubmed publisher..The procedure demonstrated statistically significant, long-term efficacy in sweat reduction. As with any new procedure, findings from this first investigational device study identified optimization strategies for the future. ..
- McGuire E, Rintoul C, Sclar G, Korsmeyer S. Thymic overexpression of Ttg-1 in transgenic mice results in T-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia/lymphoma. Mol Cell Biol. 1992;12:4186-96 pubmed..This model indicates that the aberrant expression of putative transcription factors plays a primary role in the genesis of T-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemias. ..
- Lee B, Holliday L, Ojikutu B, Krits I, Gluck S. Osteoclasts express the B2 isoform of vacuolar H(+)-ATPase intracellularly and on their plasma membranes. Am J Physiol. 1996;270:C382-8 pubmed..These results indicate that V-ATPases containing the B2 subunit isoform mediate osteoclast bone resorption...
- Dunn G, Hinrichs A, Bertelsen S, Jin C, Kauwe J, Suarez B, et al. Microsatellites versus single-nucleotide polymorphisms in linkage analysis for quantitative and qualitative measures. BMC Genet. 2005;6 Suppl 1:S122 pubmed..These results suggest that SNPs can be an efficient substitute for microsatellites for linkage analysis of both quantitative and qualitative phenotypes. ..
- Hruz P, Yan Q, Struthers H, Jay P. HIV protease inhibitors that block GLUT4 precipitate acute, decompensated heart failure in a mouse model of dilated cardiomyopathy. FASEB J. 2008;22:2161-7 pubmed publisher..The potential for HIV protease inhibitors to contribute to or exacerbate cardiomyopathy in human patients warrants further investigation. ..
- Ha C, Shah R, Chen J, Azar R, Edmundowicz S, Early D. Diagnosis and management of GI stromal tumors by EUS-FNA: a survey of opinions and practices of endosonographers. Gastrointest Endosc. 2009;69:1039-44.e1 pubmed publisher..Size >5 cm is the feature used most to predict malignancy and to prompt surgical referral. Surveillance practices for unresected GISTs are variable. Evidence is needed to establish practice guidelines in this area. ..
- Makhina E, Kelly A, Lopatin A, Mercer R, Nichols C. Cloning and expression of a novel human brain inward rectifier potassium channel. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:20468-74 pubmed..The functional properties of HRK1 are very similar to those of glial cell inward rectifier K+ channels and HRK1 may represent a glial cell inward rectifier. ..
- Matheson L, Mooney V, Grant J, Affleck M, Hall H, Melles T, et al. A test to measure lift capacity of physically impaired adults. Part 1--Development and reliability testing. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 1995;20:2119-29 pubmed..The safety and reliability of the EPIC Lift Capacity test was adequately demonstrated in a laboratory setting and across multiple field sites with evaluators who have varying types and degrees of professional preparation. ..
- Wang X, Frazier W. The thrombospondin receptor CD47 (IAP) modulates and associates with alpha2 beta1 integrin in vascular smooth muscle cells. Mol Biol Cell. 1998;9:865-74 pubmed..These data suggest that IAP can associate with alpha2 beta1 integrin and modulate its function. ..
- Kuklo T, Lenke L, Won D, Graham E, Sweet F, Betz R, et al. Spontaneous proximal thoracic curve correction after isolated fusion of the main thoracic curve in adolescent idiopathic scoliosis. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2001;26:1966-75 pubmed..The preoperative side bender radiographs (PT curve flexibility) positively correlate with the postoperative spontaneous PT curve correction. ..
- Bullok K, Dyszlewski M, Prior J, Pica C, Sharma V, Piwnica Worms D. Characterization of novel histidine-tagged Tat-peptide complexes dual-labeled with (99m)Tc-tricarbonyl and fluorescein for scintigraphy and fluorescence microscopy. Bioconjug Chem. 2002;13:1226-37 pubmed
- Heximer S, Knutsen R, Sun X, Kaltenbronn K, Rhee M, Peng N, et al. Hypertension and prolonged vasoconstrictor signaling in RGS2-deficient mice. J Clin Invest. 2003;111:445-52 pubmed
- McQuade P, Knight L, Welch M. Evaluation of 64Cu- and 125I-radiolabeled bitistatin as potential agents for targeting alpha v beta 3 integrins in tumor angiogenesis. Bioconjug Chem. 2004;15:988-96 pubmed..Radiolabeled ligands of this type may be useful in the targeting of tumor angiogenesis, but the choice of radiolabeling approach has a significant impact on the in vivo properties of the radioligand. ..
- Buchman T. Nonlinear dynamics, complex systems, and the pathobiology of critical illness. Curr Opin Crit Care. 2004;10:378-82 pubmed..With knowledge of the structure, therapy could be better focused toward supporting both function and dynamics, offering hope for improved outcomes. ..
- Brett T, Legendre Guillemin V, McPherson P, Fremont D. Structural definition of the F-actin-binding THATCH domain from HIP1R. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2006;13:121-30 pubmed..Collectively, these results establish a framework for investigating the links between endocytosis and actin dynamics mediated by THATCH domain-containing proteins. ..
- Palmer J, Metheny N. Preventing aspiration in older adults with dysphagia. Am J Nurs. 2008;108:40-8; quiz 49 pubmed publisher..This article discusses best practices for assessment and prevention of aspiration among older adults who are being hand-fed or fed by tube. To view an accompanying online video, go to http://links.lww.com/A226. ..
- Goldberg D, Cowman A. Moving in and renovating: exporting proteins from Plasmodium into host erythrocytes. Nat Rev Microbiol. 2010;8:617-21 pubmed publisher..In addition, this export pathway provides potentially useful targets for the development of inhibitors to interfere with functions that are vital for the virulence and survival programmes of the parasite. ..
- Roy M, Peppers M, Whiteside L, Lazear R. Vancomycin concentration in synovial fluid: direct injection into the knee vs. intravenous infusion. J Arthroplasty. 2014;29:564-8 pubmed publisher..The half-life of IA-delivered vancomycin was just over three hours, and trough levels remained therapeutic in the joint and in serum for 24hours after IA injection. ..
- Singer L, Whitehead W, Akama H, Katz Y, Fishelson Z, Wetsel R. Inherited human complement C3 deficiency. An amino acid substitution in the beta-chain (ASP549 to ASN) impairs C3 secretion. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:28494-9 pubmed
- Mueckler M, Kruse M, Strube M, Riggs A, Chiu K, Permutt M. A mutation in the Glut2 glucose transporter gene of a diabetic patient abolishes transport activity. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:17765-7 pubmed..The presence of this mutation in a diabetic patient suggests that defects in Glut2 expression may be causally involved in the pathogenesis of non-insulin-dependent diabetes. ..
- Hussain H, Shornick L, Shannon V, Wilson J, Funk C, Pentland A, et al. Epidermis contains platelet-type 12-lipoxygenase that is overexpressed in germinal layer keratinocytes in psoriasis. Am J Physiol. 1994;266:C243-53 pubmed
- Goldfarb C, Bassett G, Sullivan S, Gordon J. Retrosternal displacement after physeal fracture of the medial clavicle in children treatment by open reduction and internal fixation. J Bone Joint Surg Br. 2001;83:1168-72 pubmed..We recommend attempted closed reduction in the operating room, followed, if necessary, by open reduction. Internal fixation after open reduction gives stable fixation with minimal morbidity. ..
- Miner J, Morello R, Andrews K, Li C, Antignac C, Shaw A, et al. Transcriptional induction of slit diaphragm genes by Lmx1b is required in podocyte differentiation. J Clin Invest. 2002;109:1065-72 pubmed..Our results indicate that reduced levels of proteins associated with foot processes and the glomerular slit diaphragm likely contribute, along with reduced levels of GBM collagens, to the nephropathy associated with NPS...
- Guirgis M, Thornton S, Tychsen L, Lueder G. Cone-rod retinal dystrophy and Duane retraction syndrome in a patient with achondroplasia. J AAPOS. 2002;6:400-1 pubmed
- Manian F. Asymptomatic nasal carriage of mupirocin-resistant, methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) in a pet dog associated with MRSA infection in household contacts. Clin Infect Dis. 2003;36:e26-8 pubmed..Further recurrence of MRSA infection and nasal colonization in the couple was prevented only after successful eradication of MRSA from the family dog's nares. ..
- Scheer B, Hutcheson P, Lagos J, Wood J, Slavin R. Mucoid impaction: a localized form of allergic bronchopulmonary aspergillosis. Allergy Asthma Proc. 2004;25:229-32 pubmed..We found that certain human leukocyte antigen types were common among mucoid impaction patients and those with ABPA. It is possible that patients with mucoid impaction could represent a localized form of ABPA. ..
- Atkinson R, LiPuma J, Rosenbluth D, Dunne W. Chronic colonization with Pandoraea apista in cystic fibrosis patients determined by repetitive-element-sequence PCR. J Clin Microbiol. 2006;44:833-6 pubmed..This implied that the organism was not transferred from one patient to the other, suggesting that the choice of methodology could generate misleading results when examining person-to-person transmission regarding this organism. ..
- Chung T, Fleshman J, Birnbaum E, Hunt S, Dietz D, Read T, et al. Laparoscopic vs. open total abdominal colectomy for severe colitis: impact on recovery and subsequent completion restorative proctectomy. Dis Colon Rectum. 2009;52:4-10 pubmed publisher..Laparoscopic abdominal colectomy for severe ulcerative colitis in selected patients is safe and is associated with short-term benefits that may lead to faster recovery and progression to completion of restorative proctocolectomy. ..
- Henderson K, Recktenwald A, Reichley R, Bailey T, Waterman B, Diekemper R, et al. Clinical validation of the AHRQ postoperative venous thromboembolism patient safety indicator. Jt Comm J Qual Patient Saf. 2009;35:370-6 pubmed..The VTE PSI performed well as a screening tool but generated a significant number of false-positive cases, a problem that could be substantially reduced with improved coding methods. ..
- Pettit K, Swatske M, Gao F, Salavaggione L, Gillanders W, Aft R, et al. The impact of breast MRI on surgical decision-making: are patients at risk for mastectomy?. J Surg Oncol. 2009;100:553-8 pubmed publisher..Mastectomy rates are increased when MRI results alone direct surgical planning. Biopsy of MRI-identified lesions should be performed to avoid over-treatment. ..
- Mittendorfer B, Horowitz J, Depaoli A, McCamish M, Patterson B, Klein S. Recombinant human leptin treatment does not improve insulin action in obese subjects with type 2 diabetes. Diabetes. 2011;60:1474-7 pubmed publisher..after treatment in the placebo, low-dose, and high-dose leptin groups, respectively). r-Met hu leptin does not have weight loss-independent, clinically important effects on insulin sensitivity in obese people with type 2 diabetes. ..
- Lang D, Glukhov A, Efimova T, Efimov I. Role of Pyk2 in cardiac arrhythmogenesis. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2011;301:H975-83 pubmed publisher..We hypothesize that activation of Pyk2 in the human heart during heart failure may contribute to protection against arrhythmia. ..
- Foeger N, Norris A, Wren L, Nerbonne J. Augmentation of Kv4.2-encoded currents by accessory dipeptidyl peptidase 6 and 10 subunits reflects selective cell surface Kv4.2 protein stabilization. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:9640-50 pubmed publisher..2. ..
- Poordad F, Bronowicki J, Gordon S, Zeuzem S, Jacobson I, Sulkowski M, et al. Factors that predict response of patients with hepatitis C virus infection to boceprevir. Gastroenterology. 2012;143:608-618.e5 pubmed publisher..A ? 1 log(10) decrease in HCV RNA at week 4 of therapy is the strongest predictor of a SVR, regardless of polymorphisms in IL-28B. ..
- Harbour J, Roberson E, Anbunathan H, Onken M, Worley L, Bowcock A. Recurrent mutations at codon 625 of the splicing factor SF3B1 in uveal melanoma. Nat Genet. 2013;45:133-5 pubmed publisher..Thus, uveal melanoma is among a small group of cancers associated with SF3B1 mutations, and these mutations denote a distinct molecular subset of uveal melanomas...
- Schroer W, Berend K, Lombardi A, Barnes C, Bolognesi M, Berend M, et al. Why are total knees failing today? Etiology of total knee revision in 2010 and 2011. J Arthroplasty. 2013;28:116-9 pubmed publisher..Implant performance is not a predominant factor of knee failure. Early failure mechanisms are primarily surgeon-dependent. ..
- Kumar P, Luo Q, Vickers T, Sheikh A, Lewis W, Fleckenstein J. EatA, an immunogenic protective antigen of enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli, degrades intestinal mucin. Infect Immun. 2014;82:500-8 pubmed publisher..These findings may have significant implications for development of both subunit and live-attenuated vaccines against ETEC and other enteric pathogens, including Shigella flexneri, that express similar proteins. ..
- Al Hussaini M, Rettig M, Ritchey J, Karpova D, Uy G, Eissenberg L, et al. Targeting CD123 in acute myeloid leukemia using a T-cell-directed dual-affinity retargeting platform. Blood. 2016;127:122-31 pubmed publisher..The CD3×CD123 DART also induces a dose-dependent killing of AML cell lines and primary AML blasts in vitro and in vivo. These results provide the basis for testing the CD3×CD123 DART in the treatment of patients with CD123(+) AML. ..
- Group M. Factors Influencing Graft Choice in Revision Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction in the MARS Group. J Knee Surg. 2016;29:458-63 pubmed publisher..This demonstrates that if graft choice is determined to impact outcome then surgeons have the ability to change and determine the graft utilized. Level of Evidenceâ€ƒLevel II (prospective comparative study). ..
- Lewis G, Malhotra R, Hernandez A, McNulty S, Smith A, Felker G, et al. Effect of Oral Iron Repletion on Exercise Capacity in Patients With Heart Failure With Reduced Ejection Fraction and Iron Deficiency: The IRONOUT HF Randomized Clinical Trial. JAMA. 2017;317:1958-1966 pubmed publisher..However, the efficacy of inexpensive readily available oral iron supplementation in heart failure is unknown...
- Mecham R, Broekelmann T, Fliszar C, Shapiro S, Welgus H, Senior R. Elastin degradation by matrix metalloproteinases. Cleavage site specificity and mechanisms of elastolysis. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:18071-6 pubmed..In contrast to what has been observed for collagen, the energy requirements for elastolysis were not extraordinary, consistent with cleavage sites in elastin being readily accessible to enzymatic attack. ..
- Schaeper U, Subramanian T, Lim L, Boyd J, Chinnadurai G. Interaction between a cellular protein that binds to the C-terminal region of adenovirus E1A (CtBP) and a novel cellular protein is disrupted by E1A through a conserved PLDLS motif. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:8549-52 pubmed..Our results suggest that the tumorigenesis-restraining activity of E1A exon 2 may be related to the disruption of the CtBP-CtIP complex through the PLDLS motif. ..
- Duncan D, Burgess E, Duncan I. Control of distal antennal identity and tarsal development in Drosophila by spineless-aristapedia, a homolog of the mammalian dioxin receptor. Genes Dev. 1998;12:1290-303 pubmed..The antennal transformation and tarsal deletions caused by ss loss-of-function mutations are probably atavistic, suggesting that ss played a central role in the evolution of distal structures in arthropod limbs...
- Korsmeyer S. BCL-2 gene family and the regulation of programmed cell death. Cancer Res. 1999;59:1693s-1700s pubmed..Aberrations in the BCL-2 family result in disordered homeostasis, a pathogenic event in diseases, including cancer. ..
- Green R, Landt M. Home sodium monitoring in patients with diabetes insipidus. J Pediatr. 2002;141:618-24 pubmed..Results obtained by care givers using the PCA are sufficiently reliable for assessment of fluid status and making treatment decisions. ..
- Wheeler L, Lents N, Baldassare J. Cyclin A-CDK activity during G1 phase impairs MCM chromatin loading and inhibits DNA synthesis in mammalian cells. Cell Cycle. 2008;7:2179-88 pubmed
- Xuei X, Flury Wetherill L, Dick D, Goate A, Tischfield J, Nurnberger J, et al. GABRR1 and GABRR2, encoding the GABA-A receptor subunits rho1 and rho2, are associated with alcohol dependence. Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet. 2010;153B:418-427 pubmed publisher..04), and a haplotype in GABRR2 was significantly overtransmitted to family members who met a broader definition of alcoholism (P = 0.002) as well as DSM-IV dependence (P = 0.04). ..
- Hamm C, Reimers M, McCullough C, Gorbe E, Lu J, Gu C, et al. NOD2 status and human ileal gene expression. Inflamm Bowel Dis. 2010;16:1649-57 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, altered ileal gene expression, independent of NOD2 status, is detected in the unaffected proximal margin of resected ileum from CD patients. ..
- Siegfried C, Shui Y, Holekamp N, Bai F, Beebe D. Oxygen distribution in the human eye: relevance to the etiology of open-angle glaucoma after vitrectomy. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2010;51:5731-8 pubmed publisher..We propose that oxygen levels in the anterior chamber angle are strongly influenced by oxygen derived from the ciliary body circulation. ..
- Sala Rabanal M, Kucheryavykh L, Skatchkov S, Eaton M, Nichols C. Molecular mechanisms of EAST/SeSAME syndrome mutations in Kir4.1 (KCNJ10). J Biol Chem. 2010;285:36040-8 pubmed publisher..These results provide an explanation for the molecular defects that underlie the EAST/SeSAME syndrome. ..
- Johnson D, Johnson F, Barner H. Abdominal wall necrosis after harvest of both internal thoracic and inferior epigastric arteries. Ann Thorac Surg. 2011;91:38-41 pubmed publisher..The internal thoracic artery (ITA) and inferior epigastric artery (IEA) may be used as conduits for myocardial revascularization. Harvesting the ITAs and IEAs can lead to clinically significant ischemia of the anterior abdominal wall...
- Bartel S, Bierhals A, Pilgram T, Hong C, Schechtman K, Conradi S, et al. Equating quantitative emphysema measurements on different CT image reconstructions. Med Phys. 2011;38:4894-902 pubmed..Image reconstruction-related differences in quantitative emphysema measurements were successfully modeled using power functions. ..
- Chen L, Saccone N, CULVERHOUSE R, Bracci P, Chen C, Dueker N, et al. Smoking and genetic risk variation across populations of European, Asian, and African American ancestry--a meta-analysis of chromosome 15q25. Genet Epidemiol. 2012;36:340-51 pubmed publisher..Using the cross-population study paradigm provides valuable insights to narrow regions of interest and inform future biological experiments. ..
- Li W, Bribriesco A, Nava R, Brescia A, Ibricevic A, Spahn J, et al. Lung transplant acceptance is facilitated by early events in the graft and is associated with lymphoid neogenesis. Mucosal Immunol. 2012;5:544-54 pubmed publisher..Thus, events contributing to lung transplant acceptance are established early in the graft and induction of bronchus-associated lymphoid tissue can be associated with an immune quiescent state. ..
- Pepino M, Tiemann C, Patterson B, Wice B, Klein S. Sucralose affects glycemic and hormonal responses to an oral glucose load. Diabetes Care. 2013;36:2530-5 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate that sucralose affects the glycemic and insulin responses to an oral glucose load in obese people who do not normally consume NNS. ..
- Koppel A, Kiss A, Hindes A, Burns C, Marmer B, Goldberg G, et al. Delayed skin wound repair in proline-rich protein tyrosine kinase 2 knockout mice. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2014;306:C899-909 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that Pyk2 is essential for skin wound reepithelialization in vivo and in vitro and that it regulates epidermal keratinocyte migration via a pathway that requires PKC? and MMP functions. ..
- Williams S, Hall K. Linkage and allostery in snRNP protein/RNA complexes. Biochemistry. 2014;53:3529-39 pubmed publisher..The binding cooperativity, or heterotropic linkage, is interpreted with respect to linked conformational equilibria of both SNF and its RNA ligand and so represents an example of protein-RNA allostery. ..
- Bhattacharya S, Steele R, Shrivastava S, Chakraborty S, Di Bisceglie A, Ray R. Serum miR-30e and miR-223 as Novel Noninvasive Biomarkers for Hepatocellular Carcinoma. Am J Pathol. 2016;186:242-7 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results suggested that serum miR-30e and miR-223 are useful biomarkers of HCC, irrespective of etiology, and deserve further study for their diagnostic value. ..
- Shirazi C, Israel H, Kaar S. Is the Marx Activity Scale Reliable in Patients Younger Than 18 Years?. Sports Health. 2016;8:145-8 pubmed publisher..There is a significant ceiling effect present, which limits its overall usefulness. Although there is no other current substitute, the Marx activity scale is not an ideal measurement of younger patients' baseline activity levels. ..
- Itani K, Dellinger E, Mazuski J, Solomkin J, Allen G, Blanchard J, et al. Surgical Site Infection Research Opportunities. Surg Infect (Larchmt). 2017;18:401-408 pubmed publisher..For each topic, research questions were developed, and 10 were selected as the final SSI research questions. ..
- Hansen P, Gulve E, Marshall B, Gao J, Pessin J, Holloszy J, et al. Skeletal muscle glucose transport and metabolism are enhanced in transgenic mice overexpressing the Glut4 glucose transporter. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:1679-84 pubmed..These findings are consistent with the role of Glut4 as the primary mediator of transport stimulated by insulin or contractions. ..
- Sunyer T, Rothe L, Jiang X, Osdoby P, Collin Osdoby P. Proinflammatory agents, IL-8 and IL-10, upregulate inducible nitric oxide synthase expression and nitric oxide production in avian osteoclast-like cells. J Cell Biochem. 1996;60:469-83 pubmed..Therefore, NO may serve as both a paracrine and autocrine signal for modulating osteoclast bone resorption. ..
- Inoue H, Iannotti C, Welling C, Veile R, Donis Keller H, Permutt M. Human cholecystokinin type A receptor gene: cytogenetic localization, physical mapping, and identification of two missense variants in patients with obesity and non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus (NIDDM). Genomics. 1997;42:331-5 pubmed..The contribution of these CCKAR variants to normal physiology, to obesity, and to diabetes can now be evaluated. ..
- Dahiya A, Gavin M, Luo R, Dean D. Role of the LXCXE binding site in Rb function. Mol Cell Biol. 2000;20:6799-805 pubmed..Indeed, overexpression of BRG1 and Rb in cells deficient for the proteins led to stable growth inhibition, suggesting a cooperative role for SWI/SNF and the LXCXE binding site in efficient Rb function. ..
- Crawford D, Piwnica Worms H. The G(2) DNA damage checkpoint delays expression of genes encoding mitotic regulators. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:37166-77 pubmed..Rather, the DNA damage checkpoint elicits a G(2) cell cycle arrest, in part, by delaying accumulation of proteins required in mitosis. ..
- Mason J, Soper N, Brunt L. Laparoscopic excision of mesenteric cysts: a report of two cases. Surg Laparosc Endosc Percutan Tech. 2001;11:382-4 pubmed..Both patients recovered promptly with minimal morbidity and returned to full activity within a short time. This reveals the suitability of minimally invasive surgery for this particular disease process...
- Schild R, Schaiff W, Carlson M, Cronbach E, Nelson D, Sadovsky Y. The activity of PPAR gamma in primary human trophoblasts is enhanced by oxidized lipids. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2002;87:1105-10 pubmed..We concluded that 9-HODE, 13-HODE, and 15-HETE activate PPAR gamma in primary human trophoblasts. These PPAR gamma ligands may play a role in placental differentiation, yet they are unlikely to contribute to trophoblast dysfunction. ..
- Manary M, Hotz C, Krebs N, Gibson R, Westcott J, Broadhead R, et al. Zinc homeostasis in Malawian children consuming a high-phytate, maize-based diet. Am J Clin Nutr. 2002;75:1057-61 pubmed..The gastrointestinal tract plays a central role in absorbing and conserving zinc, yet it has not been carefully studied in such children...
- Feibel R, Guyton D. Transient central retinal artery occlusion after posterior sub-Tenon's anesthesia. J Cataract Refract Surg. 2003;29:1821-4 pubmed..Suggestions to avoid this problem include not inserting the cannula too posteriorly, not injecting forcibly against resistance, and using the minimum volume of anesthetic possible. ..
- Love Gregory L, Wasson J, Ma J, Jin C, Glaser B, Suarez B, et al. A common polymorphism in the upstream promoter region of the hepatocyte nuclear factor-4 alpha gene on chromosome 20q is associated with type 2 diabetes and appears to contribute to the evidence for linkage in an ashkenazi jewish population. Diabetes. 2004;53:1134-40 pubmed..Notably, the associations and the partitioned linkage profiles near P2 were independently observed in a Finnish sample, suggesting the presence of potential regulatory element(s) that may contribute to the risk for type 2 diabetes. ..
- Khan A, Jordan C, Muccioli C, Vallochi A, Rizzo L, Belfort R, et al. Genetic divergence of Toxoplasma gondii strains associated with ocular toxoplasmosis, Brazil. Emerg Infect Dis. 2006;12:942-9 pubmed..These findings show that the genetic makeup of T. gondii is more complex than previously recognized and suggest that unique or divergent genotypes may contribute to different clinical outcomes of toxoplasmosis in different localities...
- Zeng X, Benzinger G, Xia X, Lingle C. BK channels with beta3a subunits generate use-dependent slow afterhyperpolarizing currents by an inactivation-coupled mechanism. J Neurosci. 2007;27:4707-15 pubmed
- Ding L, Getz G, Wheeler D, Mardis E, McLellan M, Cibulskis K, et al. Somatic mutations affect key pathways in lung adenocarcinoma. Nature. 2008;455:1069-75 pubmed publisher..Our findings shed further light on several important signalling pathways involved in lung adenocarcinoma, and suggest new molecular targets for treatment. ..