Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on gene expression profiling in St Louis, Missouri, United States
Locale: St Louis, Missouri, United States
Topic: gene expression profiling
- Yoshino J, Smith G, Kelly S, Julliand S, Reeds D, Mittendorfer B. Effect of dietary n-3 PUFA supplementation on the muscle transcriptome in older adults. Physiol Rep. 2016;4: pubmed publisher..These data suggest that n-3 PUFA therapy results in small but coordinated changes in the muscle transcriptome that may help explain the n-3 PUFA-induced improvements in muscle mass and function. ..
- Mariani T, Reed J, Shapiro S. Expression profiling of the developing mouse lung: insights into the establishment of the extracellular matrix. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2002;26:541-8 pubmed..These data should serve as a resource for the pulmonary research community and assist in deciphering the molecular mechanisms governing normal lung development as well as those involved in aberrant developmental pathology. ..
- Lin C, Yin Y, Chen H, Fisher A, Chen F, Rauchman M, et al. Construction and characterization of a doxycycline-inducible transgenic system in Msx2 expressing cells. Genesis. 2009;47:352-9 pubmed publisher..When induced postnatally, this system can also be used to study gene function in adult tissues without compromising normal development and patterning. ..
- Huang C, Sun R, Hu Y, Zeng L, Zhang N, Cai L, et al. Resolution of Brassicaceae Phylogeny Using Nuclear Genes Uncovers Nested Radiations and Supports Convergent Morphological Evolution. Mol Biol Evol. 2016;33:394-412 pubmed publisher..These results form a foundation for future evolutionary analyses of structures and functions across Brassicaceae. ..
- Yang X, Wu J, Ziegler T, Yang X, Zayed A, Rajani M, et al. Gene expression biomarkers provide sensitive indicators of in planta nitrogen status in maize. Plant Physiol. 2011;157:1841-52 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that biomarkers have the potential to be used as agronomic tools to monitor and optimize nitrogen fertilizer usage to help achieve maximal crop yields. ..
- Huisinga K, Riddle N, Leung W, Shimonovich S, McDaniel S, Figueroa Clarevega A, et al. Targeting of P-Element Reporters to Heterochromatic Domains by Transposable Element 1360 in Drosophila melanogaster. Genetics. 2016;202:565-82 pubmed publisher..Rather, additional copies of 1360 appear to target the reporter to the telomere-associated sequences with greater efficiency, thus leading to an increased recovery of variegating insertions. ..
- Jain S, Watson M, DeBenedetti M, Hiraki Y, Moley J, Milbrandt J. Expression profiles provide insights into early malignant potential and skeletal abnormalities in multiple endocrine neoplasia type 2B syndrome tumors. Cancer Res. 2004;64:3907-13 pubmed..These findings provide molecular evidence that associate the previously unexplained skeletal abnormalities and early malignancy in MEN 2B compared with MEN 2A syndrome...
- Kuruganti S, Miersch S, Deshpande A, Speir J, Harris B, Schriewer J, et al. Cytokine Activation by Antibody Fragments Targeted to Cytokine-Receptor Signaling Complexes. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:447-61 pubmed publisher..This suggests AcCS can be used to manipulate cytokine signaling for basic science and possibly for therapeutic applications. ..
- Jesuraj N, Nguyen P, Wood M, Moore A, Borschel G, Mackinnon S, et al. Differential gene expression in motor and sensory Schwann cells in the rat femoral nerve. J Neurosci Res. 2012;90:96-104 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that both motor and sensory SC gene expression patterns are disrupted during expansion in vitro and may affect the ability of SCs to express phenotype-specific genes after transplantation. ..
- Dieckgraefe B, Stenson W, Korzenik J, Swanson P, Harrington C. Analysis of mucosal gene expression in inflammatory bowel disease by parallel oligonucleotide arrays. Physiol Genomics. 2000;4:1-11 pubmed
- Abdul Nabi A, Yassin E, Varghese N, Deshmukh H, Yaseen N. In vitro transformation of primary human CD34+ cells by AML fusion oncogenes: early gene expression profiling reveals possible drug target in AML. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e12464 pubmed publisher..These data show that differences among AML fusion oncogenes can be recapitulated in vitro using primary human CD34+ cells and that early gene expression profiling in these cells can reveal potential drug targets in AML. ..
- Wen J, Harada J, Buyle K, Yuan K, Tamiaki H, Oh oka H, et al. Characterization of an FMO variant of Chlorobaculum tepidum carrying bacteriochlorophyll a esterified by geranylgeraniol. Biochemistry. 2010;49:5455-63 pubmed publisher..The assembly of the FMO protein and also the implications of the decreased FMO/chlorosome stoichiometry are discussed in terms of the topology of these two antennas on the cytoplasmic membrane. ..
- Kusner L, Young A, Tjoe S, Leahy P, Kaminski H. Perimysial fibroblasts of extraocular muscle, as unique as the muscle fibers. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2010;51:192-200 pubmed publisher..The distinct properties of EOM-Fibro may support the unique EOM phenotype and contribute to their differential involvement in disease. ..
- Lu Y, Yao R, Yan Y, Wang Y, Hara Y, Lubet R, et al. A gene expression signature that can predict green tea exposure and chemopreventive efficacy of lung cancer in mice. Cancer Res. 2006;66:1956-63 pubmed..These experiments identified patterns of gene expressions that both offer clues for green tea's potential mechanisms of action and provide a molecular signature specific for green tea exposure. ..
- Kharasch E, Schroeder J, Bammler T, Beyer R, Srinouanprachanh S. Gene expression profiling of nephrotoxicity from the sevoflurane degradation product fluoromethyl-2,2-difluoro-1-(trifluoromethyl)vinyl ether ("compound A") in rats. Toxicol Sci. 2006;90:419-31 pubmed
- Mitreva M, McCarter J, Martin J, Dante M, Wylie T, Chiapelli B, et al. Comparative genomics of gene expression in the parasitic and free-living nematodes Strongyloides stercoralis and Caenorhabditis elegans. Genome Res. 2004;14:209-20 pubmed..We also provide functional classifications of S. stercoralis clusters...
- Chen Z, Gropler M, Mitra M, Finck B. Complex interplay between the lipin 1 and the hepatocyte nuclear factor 4 ? (HNF4?) pathways to regulate liver lipid metabolism. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e51320 pubmed publisher..Thus, the induction of lipin 1 by HNF4? may serve as a mechanism to affect promoter selection to direct HNF4? to promoters of genes encoding fatty acid oxidation enzymes. ..
- Giannakis M, Bäckhed H, Chen S, Faith J, Wu M, Guruge J, et al. Response of gastric epithelial progenitors to Helicobacter pylori Isolates obtained from Swedish patients with chronic atrophic gastritis. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:30383-94 pubmed publisher..This study illustrates an approach for identifying GEP responses specific to ChAG-associated H. Pylori strains and bacterial genes important for survival in a model of the ChAG gastric ecosystem. ..
- Apel E, Lewis R, Grady R, Sanes J. Syne-1, a dystrophin- and Klarsicht-related protein associated with synaptic nuclei at the neuromuscular junction. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:31986-95 pubmed..Finally, we identify a homologous gene, syne-2, that is expressed in an overlapping but distinct pattern. ..
- Ralston L, Subramanian S, Matsuno M, Yu O. Partial reconstruction of flavonoid and isoflavonoid biosynthesis in yeast using soybean type I and type II chalcone isomerases. Plant Physiol. 2005;137:1375-88 pubmed publisher..The in vivo reconstruction of the flavonoid and isoflavonoid pathways in yeast provides a unique platform to study enzyme interactions and metabolic flux...
- Schwarz J, Payton J, Rashmi R, Xiang T, Jia Y, Huettner P, et al. Pathway-specific analysis of gene expression data identifies the PI3K/Akt pathway as a novel therapeutic target in cervical cancer. Clin Cancer Res. 2012;18:1464-71 pubmed publisher..Activation of the PI3K/Akt pathway is associated with incomplete metabolic response in cervical cancer. Targeted inhibition of PI3K/Akt may improve response to chemoradiation. ..
- Roberson E, Liu Y, Ryan C, Joyce C, Duan S, Cao L, et al. A subset of methylated CpG sites differentiate psoriatic from normal skin. J Invest Dermatol. 2012;132:583-92 pubmed publisher..Pyrosequencing of bisulfite-treated DNA from skin biopsies at three DM loci confirmed earlier findings and revealed reversion of methylation levels toward the non-psoriatic state after 1 month of anti-TNF-? therapy. ..
- Pasieka T, Cilloniz C, Lu B, Teal T, Proll S, Katze M, et al. Host responses to wild-type and attenuated herpes simplex virus infection in the absence of Stat1. J Virol. 2009;83:2075-87 pubmed publisher..Our data show a role for vhs in evading innate host responses and a role for Stat1 in limiting virus infection and for facilitating an appropriate nonpathological inflammatory response. ..
- Lu Z, Shvartsman M, Lee A, Shao J, Murray M, Kladney R, et al. Mammalian target of rapamycin activator RHEB is frequently overexpressed in human carcinomas and is critical and sufficient for skin epithelial carcinogenesis. Cancer Res. 2010;70:3287-98 pubmed publisher..Our findings offer direct evidence that RHEB facilitates multistage carcinogenesis through induction of multiple oncogenic mechanisms, perhaps contributing to the poor prognosis of patients with cancers overexpressing RHEB. ..
- Dougherty J, Maloney S, Wozniak D, Rieger M, Sonnenblick L, Coppola G, et al. The disruption of Celf6, a gene identified by translational profiling of serotonergic neurons, results in autism-related behaviors. J Neurosci. 2013;33:2732-53 pubmed publisher..This work provides a reproducible and accurate method to profile serotonergic neurons under a variety of conditions and suggests a novel paradigm for gaining information on the etiology of psychiatric disorders. ..
- Gao G, Gay H, Chernock R, Zhang T, Luo J, Thorstad W, et al. A microRNA expression signature for the prognosis of oropharyngeal squamous cell carcinoma. Cancer. 2013;119:72-80 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, 5 HPV-related miRNAs were identified, which may help to characterize HPV-induced cancers including both oropharyngeal and cervical SCC. ..
- Seo S, Herr A, Lim J, Richardson G, Richardson H, Kroll K. Geminin regulates neuronal differentiation by antagonizing Brg1 activity. Genes Dev. 2005;19:1723-34 pubmed
- Ess K, Uhlmann E, Li W, Li H, DeClue J, Crino P, et al. Expression profiling in tuberous sclerosis complex (TSC) knockout mouse astrocytes to characterize human TSC brain pathology. Glia. 2004;46:28-40 pubmed
- Magee J, Araki T, Patil S, Ehrig T, True L, Humphrey P, et al. Expression profiling reveals hepsin overexpression in prostate cancer. Cancer Res. 2001;61:5692-6 pubmed..These facts, together with the molecular properties of hepsin, make it an ideal target for prostate cancer therapy. ..
- Cortez V, Ulland T, Cervantes Barragan L, Bando J, Robinette M, Wang Q, et al. SMAD4 impedes the conversion of NK cells into ILC1-like cells by curtailing non-canonical TGF-Î² signaling. Nat Immunol. 2017;18:995-1003 pubmed publisher..NK cells from a SMAD4-deficient person affected by polyposis were also hyper-responsive to TGF-Î². These results identify SMAD4 as a previously unknown regulator that restricts non-canonical TGF-Î² signaling in NK cells. ..
- Krasemann S, Madore C, Cialic R, Baufeld C, Calcagno N, El Fatimy R, et al. The TREM2-APOE Pathway Drives the Transcriptional Phenotype of Dysfunctional Microglia in Neurodegenerative Diseases. Immunity. 2017;47:566-581.e9 pubmed publisher..Our work identifies the TREM2-APOE pathway as a major regulator of microglial functional phenotype in neurodegenerative diseases and serves as a novel target that could aid in the restoration of homeostatic microglia. ..
- Mogal A, Watson M, Ozsolak F, Salavaggione L, Humphrey P. Gene expression profiles and differential cytoglobin expression in atrophy and adenocarcinoma of the prostate. Prostate. 2012;72:931-7 pubmed publisher..The lower level of cytoglobin seen in neoplastic cells and 33% of atrophy foci may indicate a shared susceptibility to oxidative damage for this subset of atrophy cases and prostatic neoplasia. ..
- Ise W, Kohyama M, Schraml B, Zhang T, Schwer B, Basu U, et al. The transcription factor BATF controls the global regulators of class-switch recombination in both B cells and T cells. Nat Immunol. 2011;12:536-43 pubmed publisher..Thus, BATF functions at multiple hierarchical levels in two cell types to globally regulate switched antibody responses in vivo. ..
- Dickison V, Richmond A, Abu Irqeba A, Martak J, Hoge S, Brooks M, et al. A role for prenylated rab acceptor 1 in vertebrate photoreceptor development. BMC Neurosci. 2012;13:152 pubmed publisher..This is the first report of PRA1 expression in the retina. Our data support the hypothesis that PRA1 plays an important role in vesicular trafficking between the Golgi and cilia in differentiating and mature rod photoreceptors. ..
- Fujimoto K, Ford E, Tran H, Wice B, Crosby S, Dorn G, et al. Loss of Nix in Pdx1-deficient mice prevents apoptotic and necrotic ? cell death and diabetes. J Clin Invest. 2010;120:4031-9 pubmed publisher..These results establish Nix as a critical mediator of ? cell apoptosis and programmed necrosis in Pdx1-deficient diabetes. ..
- Miller T, Williams K, Johnstone R, Shilatifard A. Identification, cloning, expression, and biochemical characterization of the testis-specific RNA polymerase II elongation factor ELL3. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:32052-6 pubmed..ELL3 was localized by immunofluorescence to the nucleus of cells, and Northern analysis indicated that ELL3 is a testis-specific RNA polymerase II elongation factor. ..
- Onken M, Worley L, Harbour J. Association between gene expression profile, proliferation and metastasis in uveal melanoma. Curr Eye Res. 2010;35:857-63 pubmed publisher..Further work is needed to determine whether loss of chromosome 3, increased aneuploidy, or other factors may be responsible for the increased proliferation. ..
- Neuman R, Wasson J, Atzmon G, Wainstein J, Yerushalmi Y, Cohen J, et al. Gene-gene interactions lead to higher risk for development of type 2 diabetes in an Ashkenazi Jewish population. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e9903 pubmed publisher..001), demonstrating that an independently non-significant variant may interact with another variant resulting in an increased disease risk. ..
- Lecuit M, Sonnenburg J, Cossart P, Gordon J. Functional genomic studies of the intestinal response to a foodborne enteropathogen in a humanized gnotobiotic mouse model. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:15065-72 pubmed..Together, these studies establish that hly, rather than bacterial invasion of the lamina propria mediated by InlA, is a dominant determinant of the intensity of the host response to L. monocytogenes infection via the oral route. ..
- Alvarado D, Veile R, Speck J, Warchol M, Lovett M. Downstream targets of GATA3 in the vestibular sensory organs of the inner ear. Dev Dyn. 2009;238:3093-102 pubmed publisher..Two of these (LMO4 and MBNL2) were shown to be direct targets of GATA3 by ChIP. Our results suggest that GATA3 impacts WNT signaling in this region of the sensory macula. ..
- Harbour J. Molecular prognostic testing and individualized patient care in uveal melanoma. Am J Ophthalmol. 2009;148:823-9.e1 pubmed publisher..To critically assess the status of molecular prognostic testing and its use for individualized patient care in uveal melanoma...
- Doherty J, Geske M, Stappenbeck T, Mills J. Diverse adult stem cells share specific higher-order patterns of gene expression. Stem Cells. 2008;26:2124-30 pubmed publisher..g., that of transit-amplifying cells) and, potentially, any biological state that is reflected in changes in global gene expression patterns. Disclosure of potential conflicts of interest is found at the end of this article. ..
- Ley T, Mardis E, Ding L, Fulton B, McLellan M, Chen K, et al. DNA sequencing of a cytogenetically normal acute myeloid leukaemia genome. Nature. 2008;456:66-72 pubmed publisher..Our study establishes whole-genome sequencing as an unbiased method for discovering cancer-initiating mutations in previously unidentified genes that may respond to targeted therapies. ..
- Khandelwal A, Elvitigala T, Ghosh B, Quatrano R. Arabidopsis transcriptome reveals control circuits regulating redox homeostasis and the role of an AP2 transcription factor. Plant Physiol. 2008;148:2050-8 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, Deltarrtf1 showed greater sensitivity to photosynthetic stress compared to the wild type. ..
- Yin Y, Martin J, Abubucker S, Scott A, McCarter J, Wilson R, et al. Intestinal transcriptomes of nematodes: comparison of the parasites Ascaris suum and Haemonchus contortus with the free-living Caenorhabditis elegans. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2008;2:e269 pubmed publisher..However, the lack of detailed knowledge on the molecular and cellular functions of the intestine and the level of its conservation across nematodes has impeded breakthroughs in this application...
- Onken M, Ehlers J, Worley L, Makita J, Yokota Y, Harbour J. Functional gene expression analysis uncovers phenotypic switch in aggressive uveal melanomas. Cancer Res. 2006;66:4602-9 pubmed..These findings reveal new roles for Id2 and E-cadherin in uveal melanoma progression, and they identify potential targets for therapeutic intervention. ..
- Luzzi V, Mahadevappa M, Raja R, Warrington J, Watson M. Accurate and reproducible gene expression profiles from laser capture microdissection, transcript amplification, and high density oligonucleotide microarray analysis. J Mol Diagn. 2003;5:9-14 pubmed..The accuracy and technical reproducibility of the method suggests that expression profiling using transcript amplification and high density oligonucleotide microarrays can be used on a routine basis. ..
- Staiculescu M, Kim J, Mecham R, Wagenseil J. Mechanical behavior and matrisome gene expression in the aneurysm-prone thoracic aorta of newborn lysyl oxidase knockout mice. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2017;313:H446-H456 pubmed publisher..i>Lox-/- aortas show upregulation of matrix remodeling genes and location-specific differential expression of other matrix and smooth muscle cell gene sets. ..
- Chen C, Ouyang W, Grigura V, Zhou Q, Carnes K, Lim H, et al. ERM is required for transcriptional control of the spermatogonial stem cell niche. Nature. 2005;436:1030-4 pubmed..These results identify a new function for the Ets family transcription factors in spermatogenesis and provide an example of transcriptional control of a vertebrate stem cell niche. ..
- Lusis E, Watson M, Chicoine M, Lyman M, Roerig P, Reifenberger G, et al. Integrative genomic analysis identifies NDRG2 as a candidate tumor suppressor gene frequently inactivated in clinically aggressive meningioma. Cancer Res. 2005;65:7121-6 pubmed
- Onken M, Worley L, Harbour J. A metastasis modifier locus on human chromosome 8p in uveal melanoma identified by integrative genomic analysis. Clin Cancer Res. 2008;14:3737-45 pubmed publisher..This study shows the utility of integrative genomic methods for identifying modifiers of metastatic risk in human cancers and may suggest new therapeutic targets in metastasizing tumor cells. ..
- Onken M, Worley L, Char D, Augsburger J, Correa Z, Nudleman E, et al. Collaborative Ocular Oncology Group report number 1: prospective validation of a multi-gene prognostic assay in uveal melanoma. Ophthalmology. 2012;119:1596-603 pubmed publisher..This study evaluates the prognostic performance of a 15 gene expression profiling (GEP) assay that assigns primary posterior uveal melanomas to prognostic subgroups: class 1 (low metastatic risk) and class 2 (high metastatic risk)...
- Zhou Y, Gong B, Kaminski H. Genomic profiling reveals Pitx2 controls expression of mature extraocular muscle contraction-related genes. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2012;53:1821-9 pubmed publisher..Pitx2 loss led to the development of M line structures, a feature more typical of other skeletal muscle. ..
- Onken M, Worley L, Long M, Duan S, Council M, Bowcock A, et al. Oncogenic mutations in GNAQ occur early in uveal melanoma. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2008;49:5230-4 pubmed publisher..Mutations in this G-protein-coupled receptor provide new insights into UM pathogenesis and could lead to new therapeutic possibilities. ..
- Martens E, Koropatkin N, Smith T, Gordon J. Complex glycan catabolism by the human gut microbiota: the Bacteroidetes Sus-like paradigm. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:24673-7 pubmed publisher..These systems provide insights into how gut, as well as terrestrial and aquatic, Bacteroidetes survive in highly competitive ecosystems. ..
- Pierce R, Griffin G, Miner J, Senior R. Expression patterns of laminin alpha1 and alpha5 in human lung during development. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2000;23:742-7 pubmed..It is evident that laminin alpha1 and laminin alpha5 have different roles in the development of the human lung. ..
- Rey F, Faith J, Bain J, Muehlbauer M, Stevens R, Newgard C, et al. Dissecting the in vivo metabolic potential of two human gut acetogens. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:22082-90 pubmed publisher..These findings have strategic implications for those who wish to manipulate the hydrogen economy of gut microbial communities in ways that modulate energy harvest. ..
- Hu X, Schwarz J, Lewis J, Huettner P, Rader J, Deasy J, et al. A microRNA expression signature for cervical cancer prognosis. Cancer Res. 2010;70:1441-8 pubmed publisher..In particular, miR-200a is likely to affect the metastatic potential of cervical cancer cells by coordinate suppression of multiple genes controlling cell motility. ..
- Ehlers J, Worley L, Onken M, Harbour J. DDEF1 is located in an amplified region of chromosome 8q and is overexpressed in uveal melanoma. Clin Cancer Res. 2005;11:3609-13 pubmed..We conclude that DDEF1 may act as an oncogene in this cancer, and it may be a useful diagnostic marker and therapeutic target. ..
- Xu X, Wells A, O Brien D, Nehorai A, Dougherty J. Cell type-specific expression analysis to identify putative cellular mechanisms for neurogenetic disorders. J Neurosci. 2014;34:1420-31 pubmed publisher..Our approach may be useful for identifying common cellular mechanisms arising from distinct genetic lesions. ..
- Neuschwander Tetri B, Fimmel C, Kladney R, Wells L, Talkad V. Differential expression of the trypsin inhibitor SPINK3 mRNA and the mouse ortholog of secretory granule protein ZG-16p mRNA in the mouse pancreas after repetitive injury. Pancreas. 2004;28:e104-11 pubmed..These findings suggest that the pancreatic acinar cell may respond to injury with a program of self-preservation and loss of normal function. ..
- Pong W, Walker J, Wylie T, Magrini V, Luo J, Emnett R, et al. F11R is a novel monocyte prognostic biomarker for malignant glioma. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e77571 pubmed publisher..These studies establish F11R as a novel monocyte prognostic marker for GBM critical for defining a subpopulation of stromal cells for future potential therapeutic intervention. ..
- Kramer J, Blomme E, Bunch R, Davila J, Jackson C, Jones P, et al. Transcription profiling distinguishes dose-dependent effects in the livers of rats treated with clofibrate. Toxicol Pathol. 2003;31:417-31 pubmed
- Spivak A, Stormo G. Combinatorial Cis-regulation in Saccharomyces Species. G3 (Bethesda). 2016;6:653-67 pubmed publisher..The results of this research demonstrate that (1) combinatorial cis-regulation can be inferred by multi-genome analysis and (2) combinatorial cis-regulation can explain differences in gene expression between species. ..
- Thimgan M, Gottschalk L, Toedebusch C, McLeland J, Rechtschaffen A, Gilliland Roberts M, et al. Cross-translational studies in human and Drosophila identify markers of sleep loss. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e61016 pubmed publisher..These cross-translational data indicate that fly and human discovery experiments are mutually reinforcing and can be used interchangeably to identify candidate biomarkers of sleep loss. ..
- Zelle K, Lu B, Pyfrom S, Ben Shahar Y. The genetic architecture of degenerin/epithelial sodium channels in Drosophila. G3 (Bethesda). 2013;3:441-50 pubmed publisher..Some members of the family may have diversified to support the physiological functions of a yet unknown class of ligands. ..
- Lu Z, Wright J, Belt B, Cardiff R, Arbeit J. Hypoxia-inducible factor-1 facilitates cervical cancer progression in human papillomavirus type 16 transgenic mice. Am J Pathol. 2007;171:667-81 pubmed
- Crawford D, Piwnica Worms H. The G(2) DNA damage checkpoint delays expression of genes encoding mitotic regulators. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:37166-77 pubmed..Rather, the DNA damage checkpoint elicits a G(2) cell cycle arrest, in part, by delaying accumulation of proteins required in mitosis. ..
- Xia J, Zhang W. Noncanonical microRNAs and endogenous siRNAs in lytic infection of murine gammaherpesvirus. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e47863 pubmed publisher..Our results extended the number of noncanonical miRNAs in mammals and shed new light on their potential functions of lytic infection of MHV68. ..
- Lee S, Stewart S, Nagtegaal I, Luo J, Wu Y, Colditz G, et al. Differentially expressed genes regulating the progression of ductal carcinoma in situ to invasive breast cancer. Cancer Res. 2012;72:4574-86 pubmed publisher..Targeting some of these genes may improve the detection, diagnosis, and therapy of DCIS. ..
- Sims R, van der Lee S, Naj A, Bellenguez C, Badarinarayan N, Jakobsdottir J, et al. Rare coding variants in PLCG2, ABI3, and TREM2 implicate microglial-mediated innate immunity in Alzheimer's disease. Nat Genet. 2017;49:1373-1384 pubmed publisher..These genetic findings provide additional evidence that the microglia-mediated innate immune response contributes directly to the development of Alzheimer's disease. ..
- Tang K, Yue H, Blankenship R. Energy metabolism of Heliobacterium modesticaldum during phototrophic and chemotrophic growth. BMC Microbiol. 2010;10:150 pubmed publisher..Additionally, our studies provide new and essential insights, as well as broaden current knowledge, on the energy metabolism of the thermophilic phototrophic bacterium H. modesticaldum during phototrophic and chemotrophic growth. ..
- Zhang D, Mott J, Chang S, Denniger G, Feng Z, Zassenhaus H. Construction of transgenic mice with tissue-specific acceleration of mitochondrial DNA mutagenesis. Genomics. 2000;69:151-61 pubmed..These mice may prove to be useful models to study the pathogenic effects of elevated levels of mitochondrial DNA mutations in specific tissues. ..
- Preuss M, Serna J, Falbel T, Bednarek S, Nielsen E. The Arabidopsis Rab GTPase RabA4b localizes to the tips of growing root hair cells. Plant Cell. 2004;16:1589-603 pubmed..We propose that RabA4b regulates membrane trafficking through a compartment involved in the polarized secretion of cell wall components in plant cells. ..
- Kim H, Meyer K, Di Bisceglie A, Ray R. Hepatitis C virus suppresses C9 complement synthesis and impairs membrane attack complex function. J Virol. 2013;87:5858-67 pubmed publisher..Together, these results for C9 regulation by HCV core protein coupled with functional impairment of the membrane attack complex underscore HCV-mediated attenuation of immune mechanisms. ..
- Watson M, Ylagan L, Trinkaus K, Gillanders W, Naughton M, Weilbaecher K, et al. Isolation and molecular profiling of bone marrow micrometastases identifies TWIST1 as a marker of early tumor relapse in breast cancer patients. Clin Cancer Res. 2007;13:5001-9 pubmed..Genes whose expression is overrepresented in these cell populations, such as TWIST1, may prove to be excellent markers of early distant relapse in breast cancer patients. ..
- Ratchford A, Esguerra C, Moley K. Decreased oocyte-granulosa cell gap junction communication and connexin expression in a type 1 diabetic mouse model. Mol Endocrinol. 2008;22:2643-54 pubmed publisher..This decrease in connexin expression and gap junction communication in CEOs from diabetic mice may be responsible for the impaired oocyte meiotic maturation and poor pregnancy outcomes. ..
- Fehniger T, Wylie T, Germino E, Leong J, Magrini V, Koul S, et al. Next-generation sequencing identifies the natural killer cell microRNA transcriptome. Genome Res. 2010;20:1590-604 pubmed publisher..Thus, the sequenced NK cell miRNA transcriptome provides a valuable framework for further elucidation of miRNA expression and function in NK cell biology. ..
- Hamm C, Reimers M, McCullough C, Gorbe E, Lu J, Gu C, et al. NOD2 status and human ileal gene expression. Inflamm Bowel Dis. 2010;16:1649-57 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, altered ileal gene expression, independent of NOD2 status, is detected in the unaffected proximal margin of resected ileum from CD patients. ..
- Spencer D, Abel H, Lockwood C, Payton J, Szankasi P, Kelley T, et al. Detection of FLT3 internal tandem duplication in targeted, short-read-length, next-generation sequencing data. J Mol Diagn. 2013;15:81-93 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate that FLT3 ITDs can be reliably detected in panel-based, next-generation sequencing assays. ..