Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on gene expression in St Louis, Missouri, United States
Locale: St Louis, Missouri, United States
Topic: gene expression
- Dai S, Abu Amer W, Karuppaiah K, Abu Amer Y. Evidence that the kinase-truncated c-Src regulates NF-?B signaling by targeting NEMO. J Cell Biochem. 2011;112:2463-70 pubmed publisher..Buttressing these findings, the expression of NEMO and NF-?B signaling were significantly reduced in monocytes collected from Src251 transgenic mice. ..
- Scarpati E, Sadler J. Regulation of endothelial cell coagulant properties. Modulation of tissue factor, plasminogen activator inhibitors, and thrombomodulin by phorbol 12-myristate 13-acetate and tumor necrosis factor. J Biol Chem. 1989;264:20705-13 pubmed..PAI-1 was not regulated under the conditions studied. The different effects of PMA and TNF on thrombomodulin expression indicate that some effects of TNF are not mediated solely by protein kinase C. ..
- Araki T, Milbrandt J. Ninjurin2, a novel homophilic adhesion molecule, is expressed in mature sensory and enteric neurons and promotes neurite outgrowth. J Neurosci. 2000;20:187-95 pubmed..Finally, the ninjurin2 gene is located on human chromosome 12p13 in which several disorders of unknown etiology have been mapped, including inflammatory bowel disease and acrocallosal syndrome. ..
- Hurov J, Stappenbeck T, Zmasek C, White L, Ranganath S, Russell J, et al. Immune system dysfunction and autoimmune disease in mice lacking Emk (Par-1) protein kinase. Mol Cell Biol. 2001;21:3206-19 pubmed..Taken together, these results demonstrate that the Emk protein kinase is essential for maintaining immune system homeostasis and that loss of Emk may contribute to autoimmune disease in mammals. ..
- Bu G, Maksymovitch E, Nerbonne J, Schwartz A. Expression and function of the low density lipoprotein receptor-related protein (LRP) in mammalian central neurons. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:18521-8 pubmed..These results taken together thus demonstrate expression of functional LRP in neuronal cells and suggest a potential role for LRP in brain protein and lipoprotein metabolism, development, and regeneration. ..
- Neckameyer W, O DONNELL J, Huang Z, Stark W. Dopamine and sensory tissue development in Drosophila melanogaster. J Neurobiol. 2001;47:280-94 pubmed..The beta-galactosidase expression colocalized with tyrosine hydroxylase protein. These results are consistent with a developmental requirement for dopamine in the normal physiology of adult sensory tissues. ..
- Mariani T, Sandefur S, Roby J, Pierce R. Collagenase-3 induction in rat lung fibroblasts requires the combined effects of tumor necrosis factor-alpha and 12-lipoxygenase metabolites: a model of macrophage-induced, fibroblast-driven extracellular matrix remodeling during inflammatory lung in. Mol Biol Cell. 1998;9:1411-24 pubmed..These data reveal a novel requirement for macrophage-derived 12-lipoxygenase metabolites in lung fibroblast MMP induction and provide a mechanism for the induction of resident cell MMP gene expression during inflammatory lung processes. ..
- Lin C, Yin Y, Chen H, Fisher A, Chen F, Rauchman M, et al. Construction and characterization of a doxycycline-inducible transgenic system in Msx2 expressing cells. Genesis. 2009;47:352-9 pubmed publisher..When induced postnatally, this system can also be used to study gene function in adult tissues without compromising normal development and patterning. ..
- Surendran K, McCaul S, Simon T. A role for Wnt-4 in renal fibrosis. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2002;282:F431-41 pubmed..Furthermore, Wnt-4-producing fibroblasts placed under the renal capsule of adult mice induce lesions with tubular epithelial destruction. These observations suggest a role for Wnt-4 in the pathogenesis of renal fibrosis. ..
- Malin S, Nerbonne J. Molecular heterogeneity of the voltage-gated fast transient outward K+ current, I(Af), in mammalian neurons. J Neurosci. 2001;21:8004-14 pubmed..Interestingly, the molecular heterogeneity of I(Af) channels has functional significance because Kv1- and Kv4-encoded I(Af) play distinct roles in the regulation of neuronal excitability. ..
- Daniels R, Collins C, Gelfand M, Dant J, Brooks E, Krantz D, et al. Increased expression of the Drosophila vesicular glutamate transporter leads to excess glutamate release and a compensatory decrease in quantal content. J Neurosci. 2004;24:10466-74 pubmed..These results demonstrate that (1) expression of DVGLUT determines the size and glutamate content of synaptic vesicles and (2) homeostatic mechanisms exist to attenuate the excitatory effects of excess glutamate release. ..
- Downes G, Gautam N. The G protein subunit gene families. Genomics. 1999;62:544-52 pubmed
- Berman K, Harrigan G, Riordan S, Nemeth M, Hanson C, Smith M, et al. Compositions of forage and seed from second-generation glyphosate-tolerant soybean MON 89788 and insect-protected soybean MON 87701 from Brazil are equivalent to those of conventional soybean (Glycine max). J Agric Food Chem. 2010;58:6270-6 pubmed publisher..Levels of isoflavones and fatty acids were particularly variable. ..
- Kim Han J, Reichert S, Quick K, Dugan L. BMCP1: a mitochondrial uncoupling protein in neurons which regulates mitochondrial function and oxidant production. J Neurochem. 2001;79:658-68 pubmed
- DiAntonio A, Haghighi A, Portman S, Lee J, Amaranto A, Goodman C. Ubiquitination-dependent mechanisms regulate synaptic growth and function. Nature. 2001;412:449-52 pubmed
- Miner J, Morello R, Andrews K, Li C, Antignac C, Shaw A, et al. Transcriptional induction of slit diaphragm genes by Lmx1b is required in podocyte differentiation. J Clin Invest. 2002;109:1065-72 pubmed..Our results indicate that reduced levels of proteins associated with foot processes and the glomerular slit diaphragm likely contribute, along with reduced levels of GBM collagens, to the nephropathy associated with NPS...
- Wice B, Gordon J. A strategy for isolation of cDNAs encoding proteins affecting human intestinal epithelial cell growth and differentiation: characterization of a novel gut-specific N-myristoylated annexin. J Cell Biol. 1992;116:405-22 pubmed..The restricted cellular expression and acylation of ISA distinguish it from other known annexins.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 400 WORDS) ..
- Narayanan N, Ihemere U, Ellery C, Sayre R. Overexpression of hydroxynitrile lyase in cassava roots elevates protein and free amino acids while reducing residual cyanogen levels. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e21996 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, steady state linamarin levels in intact tissues were reduced by 80% in transgenic cassava roots. These results suggest that enhanced linamarin metabolism contributed to the elevated root protein levels. ..
- Miner J, Sanes J. Collagen IV alpha 3, alpha 4, and alpha 5 chains in rodent basal laminae: sequence, distribution, association with laminins, and developmental switches. J Cell Biol. 1994;127:879-91 pubmed..Thus, collagen alpha 1 and alpha 2(IV) and laminin B1 appear to be fetal components of the glomerular BL, and there is a developmental switch to collagen alpha 3-alpha 5(IV) and S-laminin expression. ..
- Zhang Z, Xing X, Hensley G, Chang L, Liao W, Abu Amer Y, et al. Resistin induces expression of proinflammatory cytokines and chemokines in human articular chondrocytes via transcription and messenger RNA stabilization. Arthritis Rheum. 2010;62:1993-2003 pubmed publisher..Messenger RNA stabilization and transcriptional up-regulation are involved in resistin-induced gene expression in human chondrocytes. ..
- Maloney S, Rieger M, Dougherty J. Identifying essential cell types and circuits in autism spectrum disorders. Int Rev Neurobiol. 2013;113:61-96 pubmed publisher..We hope that in the future, systematic studies of cellular sufficiency and genetic interaction will help to classify patients into groups by type of cellular disruptions which suggest tractable therapeutic targets. ..
- Wang Y, Yi H, Wang M, Yu O, Jez J. Structural and kinetic analysis of the unnatural fusion protein 4-coumaroyl-CoA ligase::stilbene synthase. J Am Chem Soc. 2011;133:20684-7 pubmed publisher..Structural and kinetic analysis suggests that colocalization of the two enzyme active sites within 70 Å of each other provides the basis for enhanced in vivo synthesis of resveratrol. ..
- Dowton S, Holden S. C-reactive protein (CRP) of the Syrian hamster. Biochemistry. 1991;30:9531-8 pubmed..In vivo administration of interleukin 1, interleukin 6, and tumor necrosis factor induces accumulation of hepatic CRP mRNA, and the acute-phase alterations in CRP mRNA levels arise as a result of enhanced gene transcription. ..
- Schneider L, Taghert P. Organization and expression of the Drosophila Phe-Met-Arg-Phe-NH2 neuropeptide gene. J Biol Chem. 1990;265:6890-5 pubmed..The open reading frame (encoding a 347-amino acid neuropeptide precursor) begins with the first nucleotide of exon II. ..
- Evans S, Doblado M, Chi M, Corbett J, Moley K. Facilitative glucose transporter 9 expression affects glucose sensing in pancreatic beta-cells. Endocrinology. 2009;150:5302-10 pubmed publisher..These studies confirm the expression of GLUT9a and GLUT9b in murine and human beta-cells and suggest that GLUT9 may participate in glucose-sensing in beta-cells. ..
- McGuire E, Rintoul C, Sclar G, Korsmeyer S. Thymic overexpression of Ttg-1 in transgenic mice results in T-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia/lymphoma. Mol Cell Biol. 1992;12:4186-96 pubmed..This model indicates that the aberrant expression of putative transcription factors plays a primary role in the genesis of T-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemias. ..
- Luan S, Ilvarsonn A, Eissenberg J. The unique GGA clathrin adaptor of Drosophila melanogaster is not essential. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e45163 pubmed publisher..However, GGA null flies are hypersensitive to dietary chloroquine and to starvation, implicating GGA in lysosomal function and autophagy. ..
- Ozcan S, Johnston M. Three different regulatory mechanisms enable yeast hexose transporter (HXT) genes to be induced by different levels of glucose. Mol Cell Biol. 1995;15:1564-72 pubmed..Thus, the glucose repression and glucose induction mechanisms share some of the same components and may share the same primary signal generated from glucose. ..
- Bradley K, Scatizzi J, Fiore S, Shamiyeh E, Koch A, Firestein G, et al. Retinoblastoma suppression of matrix metalloproteinase 1, but not interleukin-6, through a p38-dependent pathway in rheumatoid arthritis synovial fibroblasts. Arthritis Rheum. 2004;50:78-87 pubmed..However, Ad-Rb reduction of MMP-1 but not IL-6 requires inhibition of the p38 pathway. These results suggest that Rb negatively regulates p38 activation, leading to decreased MMP-1 secretion in RA synovial fibroblasts. ..
- Gutmann D, Donahoe J, Brown T, James C, Perry A. Loss of neurofibromatosis 1 (NF1) gene expression in NF1-associated pilocytic astrocytomas. Neuropathol Appl Neurobiol. 2000;26:361-7 pubmed..These results demonstrate that, in contrast to sporadic astrocytomas, loss of NF1 expression is an important primary genetic event in the pathogenesis of NF1-associated pilocytic astrocytomas. ..
- Parsadanian A, Cheng Y, Keller Peck C, Holtzman D, Snider W. Bcl-xL is an antiapoptotic regulator for postnatal CNS neurons. J Neurosci. 1998;18:1009-19 pubmed..Furthermore, we show that overexpression of Bcl-xL is neuroprotective in this paradigm. We conclude that levels of Bcl-xL in postnatal neurons may be a critical determinant of their susceptibility to apoptosis. ..
- Russo M, Matheny C, Milbrandt J. Transcriptional activity of the zinc finger protein NGFI-A is influenced by its interaction with a cellular factor. Mol Cell Biol. 1993;13:6858-65 pubmed
- Kladney R, Tollefson A, Wold W, Fimmel C. Upregulation of the Golgi protein GP73 by adenovirus infection requires the E1A CtBP interaction domain. Virology. 2002;301:236-46 pubmed..These studies confirmed that E1A induced GP73 expression via the CID. Our studies establish GP73 as a novel adenovirus-induced cellular protein whose expression is regulated through the CID of the E1A protein. ..
- Yin Y, Huang W, Lin C, Chen H, MacKenzie A, Ma L. Estrogen suppresses uterine epithelial apoptosis by inducing birc1 expression. Mol Endocrinol. 2008;22:113-25 pubmed..These results for the first time establish Birc1 proteins as functional targets of estrogen in suppressing apoptosis in the uterus. ..
- Birkenmeier T, McQuillan J, Boedeker E, Argraves W, Ruoslahti E, Dean D. The alpha 5 beta 1 fibronectin receptor. Characterization of the alpha 5 gene promoter. J Biol Chem. 1991;266:20544-9 pubmed..Isolation of a functional promoter for the alpha 5 gene is a first step in understanding how expression of this gene is controlled at the molecular level. ..
- Porter B, Justice M, Copeland N, Jenkins N, Hunter D, Merlie J, et al. S-laminin: mapping to mouse chromosome 9 and expression in the linked mutants tippy and ducky. Genomics. 1993;16:278-81 pubmed..No abnormality of the S-laminin gene or protein was detectable in either mutant. ..
- Zhang J, Subramanian S, Zhang Y, Yu O. Flavone synthases from Medicago truncatula are flavanone-2-hydroxylases and are important for nodulation. Plant Physiol. 2007;144:741-51 pubmed..meliloti. Our results provide genetic evidence supporting that flavones are important for nodulation in M. truncatula. ..
- Wang Y, Ding J, Xia X, Lingle C. Consequences of the stoichiometry of Slo1 alpha and auxiliary beta subunits on functional properties of large-conductance Ca2+-activated K+ channels. J Neurosci. 2002;22:1550-61 pubmed..Thus, the stoichiometry of alpha:beta subunit assembly can play a major functional role in defining the apparent Ca2+ dependence of activation of BK channels and in influencing the availability of BK channels for activation. ..
- Mathew S, Lund R, Chaudhary L, Geurs T, Hruska K. Vitamin D receptor activators can protect against vascular calcification. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2008;19:1509-19 pubmed publisher..We conclude that low, clinically relevant dosages of calcitriol and paricalcitol may protect against CKD-stimulated vascular calcification...
- Ahn S, Shin R, Schachtman D. Expression of KT/KUP genes in Arabidopsis and the role of root hairs in K+ uptake. Plant Physiol. 2004;134:1135-45 pubmed..Seven genes encoding AtKUP transporters were expressed in E. coli (AtKT3/KUP4, AtKT/KUP5, AtKT/KUP6, AtKT/KUP7, AtKT/KUP10, AtKT/KUP11, and AtHAK5), and their K(+) transport function was demonstrated...
- Edwards J, Kapadia S. Regulation of the bovine kidney microsomal chloride channel p64 by p59fyn, a Src family tyrosine kinase. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:31826-32 pubmed..Finally, we demonstrate that co-expression of p64 and p59(fyn) in HeLa cells results in enhanced p64-associated chloride channel activity. ..
- Giddings S, King C, Harman K, Flood J, Carnaghi L. Allele specific inactivation of insulin 1 and 2, in the mouse yolk sac, indicates imprinting. Nat Genet. 1994;6:310-3 pubmed..While both alleles of the two mouse insulin genes were active in embryonic pancreas, only paternal alleles for both genes were active in the yolk sac. ..
- Blatt E, Yan X, Wuerffel M, Hamilos D, Brody S. Forkhead transcription factor HFH-4 expression is temporally related to ciliogenesis. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 1999;21:168-76 pubmed
- Brackett J, Sims H, Steiner R, Nunge M, Zimmerman E, deMartinville B, et al. A novel mutation in medium chain acyl-CoA dehydrogenase causes sudden neonatal death. J Clin Invest. 1994;94:1477-83 pubmed..This previously unrecognized phenotype of MCAD deficiency may contribute significantly to preventable infant deaths. ..
- Shapiro S, Griffin G, Gilbert D, Jenkins N, Copeland N, Welgus H, et al. Molecular cloning, chromosomal localization, and bacterial expression of a murine macrophage metalloelastase. J Biol Chem. 1992;267:4664-71 pubmed..MME is therefore a true metalloproteinase that may be involved in tissue injury and remodeling. ..
- Sims H, Lowe M. The human colipase gene: isolation, chromosomal location, and tissue-specific expression. Biochemistry. 1992;31:7120-5 pubmed..These results demonstrate that the isolated gene for human colipase contains tissue-specific promoter activity in the 5'-flanking DNA. The 28-bp region specifically binds to a factor in nuclear extracts. ..
- Roychoudhury J, Herndon J, Yin J, Apte R, Ferguson T. Targeting immune privilege to prevent pathogenic neovascularization. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2010;51:3560-6 pubmed publisher..CONCLUSIONS. Targeting immune privilege using cytotoxic molecules or by increasing expression of the proapoptotic protein FasL may be a viable approach to treating neovascular eye disease. ..
- Hershey A, Dykema P, Krause J. Organization, structure, and expression of the gene encoding the rat substance P receptor. J Biol Chem. 1991;266:4366-74 pubmed..These results are discussed in relation to the evolutionary role of multiple exons for a G protein-coupled receptor and with regard to the locations and mechanisms of substance P receptor gene expression. ..
- Ratts V, Flaws J, Kolp R, Sorenson C, Tilly J. Ablation of bcl-2 gene expression decreases the numbers of oocytes and primordial follicles established in the post-natal female mouse gonad. Endocrinology. 1995;136:3665-8 pubmed
- Zhou Y, Zhang W, Easton R, Ray J, Lampe P, Jiang Z, et al. Presenilin-1 protects against neuronal apoptosis caused by its interacting protein PAG. Neurobiol Dis. 2002;9:126-38 pubmed
- Noakes P, Phillips W, Hanley T, Sanes J, Merlie J. 43K protein and acetylcholine receptors colocalize during the initial stages of neuromuscular synapse formation in vivo. Dev Biol. 1993;155:275-80 pubmed..The precise colocalization of 43K and AChRs persisted through development. These results are consistent with 43K being involved in the nerve-induced clustering of AChRs during synapse formation. ..
- Fernandez Pol J, Klos D, Hamilton P. Metallopanstimulin gene product produced in a baculovirus expression system is a nuclear phosphoprotein that binds to DNA. Cell Growth Differ. 1994;5:811-25 pubmed..These results support the hypothesis that the MPS-1 protein may act, at least in part, by interacting with genes possessing the cyclic AMP-responsive element sequence. ..
- Gautier E, Ivanov S, Lesnik P, Randolph G. Local apoptosis mediates clearance of macrophages from resolving inflammation in mice. Blood. 2013;122:2714-22 pubmed publisher..This finding alters the emphasis on which cellular processes merit targeting in chronic diseases associated with accumulation of macrophages. ..
- Ferrer J, Nichols C, Makhina E, Salkoff L, Bernstein J, Gerhard D, et al. Pancreatic islet cells express a family of inwardly rectifying K+ channel subunits which interact to form G-protein-activated channels. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:26086-91 pubmed..These results show that two components of islet cell KIR channels, CIR and GIRK2, may interact to form heteromeric G-protein-activated inwardly rectifying K+ channels that do not possess the typical properties of KATP channels. ..
- Huang H, Yoo C, Bindbeutel R, Goldsworthy J, Tielking A, Alvarez S, et al. PCH1 integrates circadian and light-signaling pathways to control photoperiod-responsive growth in Arabidopsis. elife. 2016;5:e13292 pubmed publisher..Thus, PCH1 is a new factor that regulates photoperiod-responsive growth by integrating the clock with light perception pathways through modulating daily phyB-signaling. ..
- MacArthur C, Shackleford G. Npm3: a novel, widely expressed gene encoding a protein related to the molecular chaperones nucleoplasmin and nucleophosmin. Genomics. 1997;42:137-40 pubmed
- Hamza I, Klomp L, Gaedigk R, White R, Gitlin J. Structure, expression, and chromosomal localization of the mouse Atox1 gene. Genomics. 2000;63:294-7 pubmed
- Auerbach H, Burger R, Dodds A, Colten H. Molecular basis of complement C3 deficiency in guinea pigs. J Clin Invest. 1990;86:96-106 pubmed..This marker of the C3 gene permits testing of these hypotheses using molecular biological and classical genetic methods. ..
- Munson R, Bailey C, Grass S. Diversity of the outer membrane protein P2 gene from major clones of Haemophilus influenzae type b. Mol Microbiol. 1989;3:1797-803 pubmed..The P2 gene from a subtype 2L isolate differed by a single nucleotide and the gene from a subtype 6U isolate differed by 13 nucleotides. Thus, the P2 protein is highly conserved among type b isolates. ..
- Das R, Rich J, Kim H, McAlinden A, Thomopoulos S. Effects of botulinum toxin-induced paralysis on postnatal development of the supraspinatus muscle. J Orthop Res. 2011;29:281-8 pubmed publisher..Understanding the molecular and compositional changes in developing supraspinatus muscles may be useful for identifying and addressing the pathological changes that occur in shoulder injuries such as neonatal brachial plexus palsy...
- Covarrubias M, Wei A, Salkoff L. Shaker, Shal, Shab, and Shaw express independent K+ current systems. Neuron. 1991;7:763-73 pubmed..These experiments also demonstrate that multiple, independent A-current systems together with multiple, independent delayed rectifier systems can coexist in single cells. ..
- Watson M, Fleming T. Mammaglobin, a mammary-specific member of the uteroglobin gene family, is overexpressed in human breast cancer. Cancer Res. 1996;56:860-5 pubmed..The breast-specific expression of this potentially secreted protein and its frequent overexpression in primary human breast tumors suggest that mammaglobin may be a novel marker for the management of breast cancer. ..
- Pinto A, Carayannopoulos M, Hoehn A, Dowd L, Moley K. Glucose transporter 8 expression and translocation are critical for murine blastocyst survival. Biol Reprod. 2002;66:1729-33 pubmed..The IGF-1R antisense embryos also displayed significantly greater TUNEL staining compared to sense embryos. These data suggest that GLUT8 expression and translocation in response to insulin are critical for blastocyst survival. ..
- Nagaraja R, MacMillan S, Kere J, Jones C, Griffin S, Schmatz M, et al. X chromosome map at 75-kb STS resolution, revealing extremes of recombination and GC content. Genome Res. 1997;7:210-22 pubmed..Five regions are detected with relatively high G + C, correlated with gene richness; and a 17-Mb region with very low recombination is revealed between the Xq13.3 [XIST] and Xq21.3 XY homology loci. ..
- Lantz V, Miller K. A class VI unconventional myosin is associated with a homologue of a microtubule-binding protein, cytoplasmic linker protein-170, in neurons and at the posterior pole of Drosophila embryos. J Cell Biol. 1998;140:897-910 pubmed
- Gitlin J. Aceruloplasminemia. Pediatr Res. 1998;44:271-6 pubmed..The discovery of this disease provides new insights into the pathways of CNS iron metabolism of direct relevance to a variety of nutritional and genetic disorders of childhood. ..
- Feng G, Laskowski M, Feldheim D, Wang H, Lewis R, Frisen J, et al. Roles for ephrins in positionally selective synaptogenesis between motor neurons and muscle fibers. Neuron. 2000;25:295-306 pubmed..In addition, the rostrocaudal position of at least one motor pool is altered in ephrin-A5 mutant mice, indicating that ephrins affect nerve-muscle matching by intraspinal as well as intramuscular mechanisms. ..
- Kokenyesi R, Armstrong L, Agah A, Artal R, Bornstein P. Thrombospondin 2 deficiency in pregnant mice results in premature softening of the uterine cervix. Biol Reprod. 2004;70:385-90 pubmed..Thus, TSP2-null mice provide an animal model to assist in the understanding of the molecular basis of spontaneous, premature softening of the uterine cervix. ..
- Strauss B, Pittman R, Pixley M, Nilson J, Boime I. Expression of the beta subunit of chorionic gonadotropin in transgenic mice. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:4968-73 pubmed..Additionally, a different subset of CG beta genes (CG beta 1 and beta 2) is active in the mouse brain. ..
- Imamura T, Luedke C, Vogt S, Muglia L. Oxytocin modulates the onset of murine parturition by competing ovarian and uterine effects. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2000;279:R1061-7 pubmed
- Chen Z, Vigueira P, Chambers K, Hall A, Mitra M, Qi N, et al. Insulin resistance and metabolic derangements in obese mice are ameliorated by a novel peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor ?-sparing thiazolidinedione. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:23537-48 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the beneficial pharmacology exhibited by MSDC-0602 on insulin sensitivity suggests that PPAR?-sparing TZDs are effective for treatment of type 2 diabetes with reduced risk of PPAR?-mediated side effects. ..
- Wilhelm S, Collier I, Marmer B, Eisen A, Grant G, Goldberg G. SV40-transformed human lung fibroblasts secrete a 92-kDa type IV collagenase which is identical to that secreted by normal human macrophages. J Biol Chem. 1989;264:17213-21 pubmed
- Carreno B, Becker Hapak M, Huang A, Chan M, Alyasiry A, Lie W, et al. IL-12p70-producing patient DC vaccine elicits Tc1-polarized immunity. J Clin Invest. 2013;123:3383-94 pubmed publisher..These findings underscore the essential role of IL-12p70 in the development of therapeutic type 1 antigen-specific CD8+ T cell immunity in humans with cancer. ..
- George S, Varmaz D, Tavis J, Chowdhury A. The GB virus C (GBV-C) NS3 serine protease inhibits HIV-1 replication in a CD4+ T lymphocyte cell line without decreasing HIV receptor expression. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e30653 pubmed publisher..The requirement for an intact catalytic serine at the active site indicates that inhibition was mediated by proteolytic cleavage of an unidentified target(s). ..
- Huynh Q, Hironaka C, Levine E, Smith C, Borgmeyer J, Shah D. Antifungal proteins from plants. Purification, molecular cloning, and antifungal properties of chitinases from maize seed. J Biol Chem. 1992;267:6635-40 pubmed..Comparison of the amino acid sequences of maize seed chitinases with those of previously published chitinases from monocot and dicot plants indicates that maize seed chitinases have diverged significantly from other chitinases. ..
- Owens G, Bunge R. Schwann cells infected with a recombinant retrovirus expressing myelin-associated glycoprotein antisense RNA do not form myelin. Neuron. 1991;7:565-75 pubmed..Cells infected with the MAG sense virus formed normal compact myelin. These observations strongly suggest that MAG is the critical Schwann cell component induced by neuronal interaction that initiates peripheral myelination. ..
- Li Y, Liu D, López Paz C, OLSON B, Umen J. A new class of cyclin dependent kinase in Chlamydomonas is required for coupling cell size to cell division. elife. 2016;5:e10767 pubmed publisher..Cell-size-dependent accumulation of limiting cell cycle regulators such as CDKG1 is a potentially general mechanism for size control. ..
- Welch J, Yuan W, Ley T. PML-RARA can increase hematopoietic self-renewal without causing a myeloproliferative disease in mice. J Clin Invest. 2011;121:1636-45 pubmed publisher..This mouse model provides a platform for more accurately dissecting the early events in APL pathogenesis. ..
- Burkhalter A, Gonchar Y, Mellor R, Nerbonne J. Differential expression of I(A) channel subunits Kv4.2 and Kv4.3 in mouse visual cortical neurons and synapses. J Neurosci. 2006;26:12274-82 pubmed..Thus, the synapse-specific distribution of Kv4 channels functions to optimize dendritic excitation and the association between presynaptic and postsynaptic activity. ..
- Jez J, Cahoon R, Chen S. Arabidopsis thaliana glutamate-cysteine ligase: functional properties, kinetic mechanism, and regulation of activity. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:33463-70 pubmed..These results explain the reported posttranslational change in AtGCL activity in response to oxidative stress. ..
- Iovine M, Watkins J, Wente S. The GLFG repetitive region of the nucleoporin Nup116p interacts with Kap95p, an essential yeast nuclear import factor. J Cell Biol. 1995;131:1699-713 pubmed..These data show that Nup116p's GLFG region has an essential role in mediating nuclear transport. ..
- Zhang W, Wu J. Functional properties of p54, a novel SR protein active in constitutive and alternative splicing. Mol Cell Biol. 1996;16:5400-8 pubmed..These findings and the differential tissue distribution of p54 suggest that this novel SR protein may participate in regulation of alternative splicing in a tissue- and substrate-dependent manner. ..
- Xia X, Ding J, Lingle C. Molecular basis for the inactivation of Ca2+- and voltage-dependent BK channels in adrenal chromaffin cells and rat insulinoma tumor cells. J Neurosci. 1999;19:5255-64 pubmed..Thus, the beta-subunit family of BK channels regulates a number of critical aspects of BK channel phenotype, including inactivation and apparent Ca2+ sensitivity. ..
- Fleming R, Gitlin J. Primary structure of rat ceruloplasmin and analysis of tissue-specific gene expression during development. J Biol Chem. 1990;265:7701-7 pubmed
- Yeh T, Lee D, Gianino S, Gutmann D. Microarray analyses reveal regional astrocyte heterogeneity with implications for neurofibromatosis type 1 (NF1)-regulated glial proliferation. Glia. 2009;57:1239-49 pubmed publisher..These findings provide molecular evidence for CNS astroglial cell heterogeneity, and suggest that differences in tumor suppressor gene expression might contribute to the regional localization of human brain tumors. ..
- Woo H, Dittmer T, Richards E. Three SRA-domain methylcytosine-binding proteins cooperate to maintain global CpG methylation and epigenetic silencing in Arabidopsis. PLoS Genet. 2008;4:e1000156 pubmed publisher..Our findings demonstrate that VIM1, VIM2, and VIM3 have overlapping functions in maintenance of global CpG methylation and epigenetic transcriptional silencing. ..
- Thomure M, Gast M, Srivastava N, Payne R. Regulation of creatine kinase isoenzymes in human placenta during early, mid-, and late gestation. J Soc Gynecol Investig. 1996;3:322-7 pubmed..This analysis demonstrates that human placenta has high energy needs that can change rapidly; thus, a functioning CP shuttle may be important in the maintenance and termination of pregnancy. ..
- Wilson M, Majerus P. Characterization of a cDNA encoding Arabidopsis thaliana inositol 1,3,4-trisphosphate 5/6-kinase. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1997;232:678-81 pubmed..The Arabidopsis enzyme produced both inositol 1,3,4,6-tetrakisphosphate and inositol 1,3,4,5-tetrakisphosphate as products in a ratio of 1:3, in contrast with the human enzyme which gives a product ratio of 3:1. ..
- Hu C, Perlmutter D. Cell-specific involvement of HNF-1beta in alpha(1)-antitrypsin gene expression in human respiratory epithelial cells. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2002;282:L757-65 pubmed..These results indicate the unique involvement of HNF-1beta in alpha(1)-AT gene expression in a cell line and primary cultures derived from human respiratory epithelium. ..