Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on cell differentiation in St Louis, Missouri, United States
Locale: St Louis, Missouri, United States
Topic: cell differentiation
Publications123 found, 100 shown here
- Hahn J, Jagwani S, Kim E, Rendell V, He J, Ezerskiy L, et al. Mu and kappa opioids modulate mouse embryonic stem cell-derived neural progenitor differentiation via MAP kinases. J Neurochem. 2010;112:1431-41 pubmed publisher..Accordingly, both opioids induced ERK phosphorylation in NG2(+) cells. These results indicate that small molecules, such as MOR and KOR agonists may play a modulatory role in NP terminal differentiation. ..
- Ito Y, Teitelbaum S, Zou W, Zheng Y, Johnson J, Chappel J, et al. Cdc42 regulates bone modeling and remodeling in mice by modulating RANKL/M-CSF signaling and osteoclast polarization. J Clin Invest. 2010;120:1981-93 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that Cdc42 regulates osteoclast formation and function and may represent a promising therapeutic target for prevention of pathological bone loss. ..
- Geem D, Medina Contreras O, McBride M, Newberry R, Koni P, Denning T. Specific microbiota-induced intestinal Th17 differentiation requires MHC class II but not GALT and mesenteric lymph nodes. J Immunol. 2014;193:431-8 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that microbiota containing SFB create an intestinal milieu that may induce Ag-specific Th17 differentiation against food and/or bacterial Ags directly in the intestinal LP. ..
- Ebihara T, Song C, Ryu S, Plougastel Douglas B, Yang L, Levanon D, et al. Runx3 specifies lineage commitment of innate lymphoid cells. Nat Immunol. 2015;16:1124-33 pubmed publisher..The absence of Runx3 in ILCs exacerbated infection with Citrobacter rodentium. Therefore, our data establish Runx3 as a key transcription factor in the lineage-specific differentiation of ILC1 and ILC3 cells. ..
- Mukherjee E, Maringer K, Papke E, Bushnell D, Schaefer C, Kramann R, et al. Endothelial marker-expressing stromal cells are critical for kidney formation. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2017;313:F611-F620 pubmed publisher..Also, loss of Flk1 in the renal stroma leads to nonautonomous-patterning defects in ureteric lineages. ..
- Liu Z, Xu J, Colvin J, Ornitz D. Coordination of chondrogenesis and osteogenesis by fibroblast growth factor 18. Genes Dev. 2002;16:859-69 pubmed..Signaling to multiple FGFRs positions FGF18 to coordinate chondrogenesis in the growth plate with osteogenesis in cortical and trabecular bone. ..
- Yu K, Xu J, Liu Z, Sosic D, Shao J, Olson E, et al. Conditional inactivation of FGF receptor 2 reveals an essential role for FGF signaling in the regulation of osteoblast function and bone growth. Development. 2003;130:3063-74 pubmed..Although differentiation of the osteoblast lineage was not disturbed, the proliferation of osteoprogenitors and the anabolic function of mature osteoblasts were severely affected. ..
- Rosová I, Link D, Nolta J. shRNA-mediated decreases in c-Met levels affect the differentiation potential of human mesenchymal stem cells and reduce their capacity for tissue repair. Tissue Eng Part A. 2010;16:2627-39 pubmed publisher..The current study highlights the significance of HGF/c-Met signaling in the capacity of MSC to restore blood flow after an ischemic injury and in their ability to differentiate into the osteogenic and chondrogenic lineages. ..
- Aldiri I, Xu B, Wang L, Chen X, Hiler D, Griffiths L, et al. The Dynamic Epigenetic Landscape of the Retina During Development, Reprogramming, and Tumorigenesis. Neuron. 2017;94:550-568.e10 pubmed publisher..The epigenome of retinoblastomas was more similar to that of the normal retina than that of retina-derived iPSCs, and we identified retina-specific epigenetic memory. ..
- Wice B, Gordon J. A tetraspan membrane glycoprotein produced in the human intestinal epithelium and liver that can regulate cell density-dependent proliferation. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:21907-18 pubmed..The extent of il-TMP glycosylation in SW480-glucose cells is similar to that noted in HT-29-glucose cells, lending further support to the notion that il-TMP's activity is related to its state of N-glycosylation. ..
- Greene J, Li Y, Yourey P, Gruber J, Carter K, Shell B, et al. Identification and characterization of a novel member of the fibroblast growth factor family. Eur J Neurosci. 1998;10:1911-25 pubmed..We have identified a novel member of the FGF family that is expressed in the central nervous system (CNS) and increases the number as well as the level of phenotypic differentiation of cortical neurons in vitro. ..
- Divine J, Flake N, Sheehan K, Gottlieb D. Expression of a novel antigen, EEM-1, in the mouse embryo and embryonic stem cell-derived embryoid bodies. Dev Dyn. 2000;218:207-11 pubmed..The EEM-1 antibody will be useful for investigating the development of extra-embryonic membranes and their counterparts in the ES cell in vitro model. ..
- Putcha G, Deshmukh M, Johnson E. Inhibition of apoptotic signaling cascades causes loss of trophic factor dependence during neuronal maturation. J Cell Biol. 2000;149:1011-8 pubmed..Therefore, inhibition of both BAX-dependent cytochrome c release and the development of competence-to-die contributed to the loss of trophic factor dependence associated with neuronal maturation. ..
- Ornitz D, Marie P. FGF signaling pathways in endochondral and intramembranous bone development and human genetic disease. Genes Dev. 2002;16:1446-65 pubmed
- Uchida K, Chaudhary L, Sugimura Y, Adkisson H, Hruska K. Proprotein convertases regulate activity of prostate epithelial cell differentiation markers and are modulated in human prostate cancer cells. J Cell Biochem. 2003;88:394-9 pubmed..These results suggest that proprotein convertases may be involved in the regulation of prostate epithelial cell differentiation, and may be an important target of prostate cancer therapy. ..
- Huang J, Feldmeier M, Shui Y, Beebe D. Evaluation of fibroblast growth factor signaling during lens fiber cell differentiation. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2003;44:680-90 pubmed..Fiber differentiation factors that are not members of the FGF family are present in chicken and mammalian vitreous humor. The factors that stimulate fiber cell differentiation in avian and mammalian eyes are similar. ..
- Zakir M, Dickman J. Regeneration of vestibular otolith afferents after ototoxic damage. J Neurosci. 2006;26:2881-93 pubmed..If true, adaptive plasticity in the central neural processing of motion information would be necessitated, because it is known that many vestibular-related behaviors fully recover during regeneration...
- Mumm J, Williams P, Godinho L, Koerber A, Pittman A, Roeser T, et al. In vivo imaging reveals dendritic targeting of laminated afferents by zebrafish retinal ganglion cells. Neuron. 2006;52:609-21 pubmed..Dendritic targeting of prepatterned afferents may thus be a novel mechanism for establishing proper synaptic connectivity. ..
- Schindler E, Baumgartner M, Gribben E, Li L, Efimova T. The role of proline-rich protein tyrosine kinase 2 in differentiation-dependent signaling in human epidermal keratinocytes. J Invest Dermatol. 2007;127:1094-106 pubmed..Altogether, these results provide insights into Pyk2 signaling in epidermis and reveal a novel role for Pyk2 in regulation of keratinocyte differentiation. ..
- Das R, Rich J, Kim H, McAlinden A, Thomopoulos S. Effects of botulinum toxin-induced paralysis on postnatal development of the supraspinatus muscle. J Orthop Res. 2011;29:281-8 pubmed publisher..Understanding the molecular and compositional changes in developing supraspinatus muscles may be useful for identifying and addressing the pathological changes that occur in shoulder injuries such as neonatal brachial plexus palsy...
- De Maria A, Shi Y, Luo X, van der Weyden L, Bassnett S. Cadm1 expression and function in the mouse lens. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2011;52:2293-9 pubmed publisher..Although not essential for lens transparency, Cadm1 has an indispensable role in establishing and maintaining the characteristic three-dimensional architecture of the lens fiber cell mass. ..
- Zhu T, Chappel J, Hsu F, Turk J, Aurora R, Hyrc K, et al. Type I phosphotidylinosotol 4-phosphate 5-kinase ? regulates osteoclasts in a bifunctional manner. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:5268-77 pubmed publisher..The combined arrested differentiation and disorganized cytoskeleton of PIP5KI?-transduced osteoclasts compromises bone resorption. Thus, optimal PIP5KI? and PI(4,5)P(2) expression, by osteoclasts, are essential for skeletal homeostasis. ..
- Pihlajoki M, Gretzinger E, Cochran R, Kyrönlahti A, Schrade A, Hiller T, et al. Conditional mutagenesis of Gata6 in SF1-positive cells causes gonadal-like differentiation in the adrenal cortex of mice. Endocrinology. 2013;154:1754-67 pubmed publisher..Our findings offer genetic proof that GATA6 regulates the differentiation of steroidogenic progenitors into adrenocortical cells. ..
- Murphy K. Transcriptional control of dendritic cell development. Adv Immunol. 2013;120:239-67 pubmed publisher..1, Bcl11a, Irf8, E2-2, Id2, Irf4, Irf8, Batf3, and other BATF family members. This chapter will briefly review recent transcriptional aspects of DC development and function and then highlight some currently unresolved questions. ..
- Shen H, Gelberman R, Silva M, Sakiyama Elbert S, Thomopoulos S. BMP12 induces tenogenic differentiation of adipose-derived stromal cells. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e77613 pubmed publisher..Collectively, results support the conclusion that BMP12 induces tenogenic differentiation of ASCs via the Smad1/5/8 pathway. ..
- Ye J, Wang Y, Liu X, Li L, Opejin A, Hsueh E, et al. TLR7 Signaling Regulates Th17 Cells and Autoimmunity: Novel Potential for Autoimmune Therapy. J Immunol. 2017;199:941-954 pubmed publisher..These studies identify a new strategy to manipulate Th17/Th1 cells through TLR7 signaling, with important implications for successful immunotherapy against autoimmune and inflammatory diseases. ..
- Hermiston M, Gordon J. In vivo analysis of cadherin function in the mouse intestinal epithelium: essential roles in adhesion, maintenance of differentiation, and regulation of programmed cell death. J Cell Biol. 1995;129:489-506 pubmed..These data indicate that enterocytic cadherins are critical cell survival factors that actively maintain intestinal epithelial function in vivo. ..
- Lee S, Tourtellotte L, Wesselschmidt R, Milbrandt J. Growth and differentiation proceeds normally in cells deficient in the immediate early gene NGFI-A. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:9971-7 pubmed
- Gao Y, Herndon J, Zhang H, Griffith T, Ferguson T. Antiinflammatory effects of CD95 ligand (FasL)-induced apoptosis. J Exp Med. 1998;188:887-96 pubmed..Thus, apoptotic cell death and tolerance are linked through the production of an antiinflammatory cytokine to prevent dangerous and unwanted immune responses that might compromise organ integrity. ..
- Rao A, Cha E, Craig A. Mismatched appositions of presynaptic and postsynaptic components in isolated hippocampal neurons. J Neurosci. 2000;20:8344-53 pubmed
- Sugatani T, Alvarez U, Hruska K. Activin A stimulates IkappaB-alpha/NFkappaB and RANK expression for osteoclast differentiation, but not AKT survival pathway in osteoclast precursors. J Cell Biochem. 2003;90:59-67 pubmed..Activin A alone activated the NFkappaB pathway, but not survival in osteoclast precursors in vitro, but it is, thus, insufficient as a sole stimulus to osteoclastogenesis. ..
- Revollo J, Grimm A, Imai S. The NAD biosynthesis pathway mediated by nicotinamide phosphoribosyltransferase regulates Sir2 activity in mammalian cells. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:50754-63 pubmed..These findings suggest that NAD biosynthesis mediated by Nampt regulates the function of Sir2alpha and thereby plays an important role in controlling various biological events in mammals. ..
- Colonna M, Trinchieri G, Liu Y. Plasmacytoid dendritic cells in immunity. Nat Immunol. 2004;5:1219-26 pubmed..Here we review recent progress on the characterization of plasmacytoid dendritic cell origin, development, migration and function in immunity and tolerance, as well as their effect on human diseases. ..
- Zhao H, Kitaura H, Sands M, Ross F, Teitelbaum S, Novack D. Critical role of beta3 integrin in experimental postmenopausal osteoporosis. J Bone Miner Res. 2005;20:2116-23 pubmed..Functional beta3 integrin is required for ovariectomy-induced bone loss. beta3(S752), but not beta3(Y747/Y759), is critical for osteoclast function in vivo. ..
- Collins C, Wairkar Y, Johnson S, DiAntonio A. Highwire restrains synaptic growth by attenuating a MAP kinase signal. Neuron. 2006;51:57-69 pubmed..In addition to controlling synaptic growth, Highwire promotes synaptic function through a separate pathway that does not require wallenda. ..
- Hilton M, Tu X, Wu X, Bai S, Zhao H, Kobayashi T, et al. Notch signaling maintains bone marrow mesenchymal progenitors by suppressing osteoblast differentiation. Nat Med. 2008;14:306-14 pubmed publisher..Thus, mesenchymal progenitors may be expanded in vitro by activating the Notch pathway, whereas bone formation in vivo may be enhanced by transiently suppressing this pathway. ..
- Ma Y, Lugus J, Park C, Choi K. Differentiation of mouse embryonic stem cells into blood. Curr Protoc Stem Cell Biol. 2008;Chapter 1:Unit 1F.4 pubmed publisher..The protocols provided in this unit describe methods of maintaining and differentiating mouse ES cells as well as identifying and isolating hematopoietic progenitors by utilizing flow cytometry and progenitor assays. ..
- Elghazi L, Weiss A, Barker D, Callaghan J, Staloch L, Sandgren E, et al. Regulation of pancreas plasticity and malignant transformation by Akt signaling. Gastroenterology. 2009;136:1091-103 pubmed publisher..The current work unravels some of the molecular mechanisms of cellular plasticity and reprogramming, and demonstrates for the first time that activation of Akt signaling regulates the fate of differentiated pancreatic cells in vivo. ..
- Mizobuchi M, Ritter C, Krits I, Slatopolsky E, Sicard G, Brown A. Calcium-sensing receptor expression is regulated by glial cells missing-2 in human parathyroid cells. J Bone Miner Res. 2009;24:1173-9 pubmed publisher..05) by Gcm2 silencing. Exon 1A-containing transcripts from promoter 1 were expressed at very low levels in the cultures. These results indicate that one function of Gcm2 is to maintain high levels of CaR expression in parathyroid cells. ..
- De Maria A, Shi Y, Kumar N, Bassnett S. Calpain expression and activity during lens fiber cell differentiation. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:13542-50 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest a role for calpains in the remodeling of the membrane cytoskeleton that occurs with fiber cell maturation...
- Huh W, Esen E, Geahlen J, Bredemeyer A, Lee A, Shi G, et al. XBP1 controls maturation of gastric zymogenic cells by induction of MIST1 and expansion of the rough endoplasmic reticulum. Gastroenterology. 2010;139:2038-49 pubmed publisher..XBP1 is also required for loss of mucous NC markers as ZCs form. ..
- Mahmud S, Manlove L, Schmitz H, Xing Y, Wang Y, Owen D, et al. Costimulation via the tumor-necrosis factor receptor superfamily couples TCR signal strength to the thymic differentiation of regulatory T cells. Nat Immunol. 2014;15:473-81 pubmed publisher..Thus, expression of members of the TNFRSF on Treg cell progenitors translated strong TCR signals into molecular parameters that specifically promoted the development of Treg cells and shaped the Treg cell repertoire. ..
- Richarson A, Scott D, Zagnitko O, Aza Blanc P, Chang C, Russler Germain D. Registered report: IDH mutation impairs histone demethylation and results in a block to cell differentiation. elife. 2016;5:e10860 pubmed publisher..The Reproducibility Project: Cancer Biology is a collaboration between the Center for Open Scienceand Science Exchange, and the results of the replications will be published by eLife. ..
- Levi S, Grady R, Henry M, Campbell K, Sanes J, Craig A. Dystroglycan is selectively associated with inhibitory GABAergic synapses but is dispensable for their differentiation. J Neurosci. 2002;22:4274-85 pubmed..Thus the DGC is not essential for GABAergic synaptogenesis but is likely to function in modulating inhibitory synapses or conferring specialized properties on a subset of them. ..
- McDonald J, Becker D, Holekamp T, Howard M, Liu S, Lu A, et al. Repair of the injured spinal cord and the potential of embryonic stem cell transplantation. J Neurotrauma. 2004;21:383-93 pubmed..These features of ES cells will produce a predictable and explosive growth in scientific tools that will translate into discoveries and rapid progress in neural repair. ..
- Bautista J, Lio C, Lathrop S, Forbush K, Liang Y, Luo J, et al. Intraclonal competition limits the fate determination of regulatory T cells in the thymus. Nat Immunol. 2009;10:610-7 pubmed publisher..Our data demonstrate that thymic Treg cell development is a 'TCR-instructive' process involving a niche that can be saturable at much lower clonal frequencies than is the niche for positive selection. ..
- Kidd E, Spencer C, Huettner P, Siegel B, Dehdashti F, Rader J, et al. Cervical cancer histology and tumor differentiation affect 18F-fluorodeoxyglucose uptake. Cancer. 2009;115:3548-54 pubmed publisher..0474). Cervical tumor FDG uptake varied by histology and differentiation. SC tumors demonstrated a significantly higher SUVmax compared with nonsquamous cell tumors, and poorly differentiated tumors also had a higher SUVmax. ..
- Cortez V, Ulland T, Cervantes Barragan L, Bando J, Robinette M, Wang Q, et al. SMAD4 impedes the conversion of NK cells into ILC1-like cells by curtailing non-canonical TGF-Î² signaling. Nat Immunol. 2017;18:995-1003 pubmed publisher..NK cells from a SMAD4-deficient person affected by polyposis were also hyper-responsive to TGF-Î². These results identify SMAD4 as a previously unknown regulator that restricts non-canonical TGF-Î² signaling in NK cells. ..
- Shao J, Aly Z, Lai C, Cheng S, Cai J, Huang E, et al. Vascular Bmp Msx2 Wnt signaling and oxidative stress in arterial calcification. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2007;1117:40-50 pubmed..In the brief review, we recount mounting evidence that points to oxidative stress as a major contributor to the pathobiology of diabetic arterial calcification. ..
- Noakes P, Gautam M, Mudd J, Sanes J, Merlie J. Aberrant differentiation of neuromuscular junctions in mice lacking s-laminin/laminin beta 2. Nature. 1995;374:258-62 pubmed..By generating and characterizing mice with a targeted mutation of the s-laminin gene, we show here that s-laminin regulates formation of motor nerve terminals. ..
- Cheng S, Zhang S, Mohan S, Lecanda F, Fausto A, Hunt A, et al. Regulation of insulin-like growth factors I and II and their binding proteins in human bone marrow stromal cells by dexamethasone. J Cell Biochem. 1998;71:449-58 pubmed..The progressive increase in IGF II may contribute to Dex-induced cell differentiation. ..
- McHugh K, Hodivala Dilke K, Zheng M, Namba N, Lam J, Novack D, et al. Mice lacking beta3 integrins are osteosclerotic because of dysfunctional osteoclasts. J Clin Invest. 2000;105:433-40 pubmed..Thus, although it is not required for osteoclastogenesis, the integrin alphavbeta3 is essential for normal osteoclast function. ..
- Kemper C, Chan A, Green J, Brett K, Murphy K, Atkinson J. Activation of human CD4+ cells with CD3 and CD46 induces a T-regulatory cell 1 phenotype. Nature. 2003;421:388-92 pubmed..Our findings identify an endogenous receptor-mediated event that drives Tr1 differentiation and suggest that the complement system has a previously unappreciated role in T-cell-mediated immunity and tolerance. ..
- Zandy A, Lakhani S, Zheng T, Flavell R, Bassnett S. Role of the executioner caspases during lens development. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:30263-72 pubmed..Thus, no single executioner caspase (nor a combination of caspase-3 and -6) is required for organelle loss, although caspase-3 activity may be required for other aspects of lens transparency. ..
- Rawls A, Schultz S, Mitra R, Wolff T. Bedraggled, a putative transporter, influences the tissue polarity complex during the R3/R4 fate decision in the Drosophila eye. Genetics. 2007;177:313-28 pubmed..Finally, bdg is required for both viability and the initial stages of imaginal disc development. ..
- Buchwald Z, Kiesel J, DiPaolo R, Pagadala M, Aurora R. Osteoclast activated FoxP3+ CD8+ T-cells suppress bone resorption in vitro. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e38199 pubmed publisher..Our results provide the first documentation of suppression of osteoclast activity by CD8 regulatory T-cells and thus, extend the purview of osteoimmunology. ..
- Li Q, Karam S, Coerver K, Matzuk M, Gordon J. Stimulation of activin receptor II signaling pathways inhibits differentiation of multiple gastric epithelial lineages. Mol Endocrinol. 1998;12:181-92 pubmed..This finding may have therapeutic significance...
- Liu G, Beggs H, Jurgensen C, Park H, Tang H, Gorski J, et al. Netrin requires focal adhesion kinase and Src family kinases for axon outgrowth and attraction. Nat Neurosci. 2004;7:1222-32 pubmed..Our results show the biochemical and functional links between netrin, a prototypical neuronal guidance cue, and FAK, a central player in intracellular signaling that is crucial for cell migration. ..
- Tyner J, Kim E, Ide K, Pelletier M, Roswit W, Morton J, et al. Blocking airway mucous cell metaplasia by inhibiting EGFR antiapoptosis and IL-13 transdifferentiation signals. J Clin Invest. 2006;116:309-21 pubmed
- Chakravarthy M, Zhu Y, Lopez M, Yin L, Wozniak D, Coleman T, et al. Brain fatty acid synthase activates PPARalpha to maintain energy homeostasis. J Clin Invest. 2007;117:2539-52 pubmed..Thus, 2 diametrically opposed proteins, FAS (induced by feeding) and PPARalpha (induced by starvation), unexpectedly form an integrative sensory module in the central nervous system to orchestrate energy balance. ..
- Dougherty J, Fomchenko E, Akuffo A, Schmidt E, Helmy K, Bazzoli E, et al. Candidate pathways for promoting differentiation or quiescence of oligodendrocyte progenitor-like cells in glioma. Cancer Res. 2012;72:4856-68 pubmed publisher..Together, our findings show that comparison of the molecular phenotype of progenitor cells in tumors to the equivalent cells in the normal brain represents a novel approach for the identification of targeted therapies. ..
- Le Borgne M, Filbert E, Shaw A. Kinase suppressor of Ras 1 is not required for the generation of regulatory and memory T cells. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e57137 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that despite its role in mTORC1 activation, KSR1 is not required in vivo for mTOR-dependent T cell differentiation. ..
- Abu Amer Y, Ross F, Edwards J, Teitelbaum S. Lipopolysaccharide-stimulated osteoclastogenesis is mediated by tumor necrosis factor via its P55 receptor. J Clin Invest. 1997;100:1557-65 pubmed..Thus, therapy targeting TNF and/or its p55 receptor presents itself as a means of preventing the osteolysis of chronic bacterial infection. ..
- Zou W, Reeve J, Zhao H, Ross F, Teitelbaum S. Syk tyrosine 317 negatively regulates osteoclast function via the ubiquitin-protein isopeptide ligase activity of Cbl. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:18833-9 pubmed publisher..Consequently, Syk(Y317F) abolishes M-CSF- and integrin-stimulated Syk ubiquitination. Thus, Cbl/Syk(Y317) association negatively regulates OC function and therefore is essential for maintenance of skeletal homeostasis. ..
- Kiefer S, Robbins L, Rauchman M. Conditional expression of Wnt9b in Six2-positive cells disrupts stomach and kidney function. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e43098 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that expression of Wnt9b in Six2-positive cells disrupts cell fate decisions in the kidney and the gastrointestinal tract...
- Szabo S, Dighe A, Gubler U, Murphy K. Regulation of the interleukin (IL)-12R beta 2 subunit expression in developing T helper 1 (Th1) and Th2 cells. J Exp Med. 1997;185:817-24 pubmed..Thus, IFN-gamma may prevent early Th cells from premature commitment to the Th2 pathway. Controlling the expression of the IL-12R beta 2 subunit could be an important therapeutic target for the redirection of ongoing Th cell responses. ..
- Qu Z, Wolfraim L, Svaren J, Ehrengruber M, Davidson N, Milbrandt J. The transcriptional corepressor NAB2 inhibits NGF-induced differentiation of PC12 cells. J Cell Biol. 1998;142:1075-82 pubmed..Cotransfection with p21(WAF1) restored the ability of NAB2-overexpressing PC12 cells to differentiate in response to NGF. ..
- Hiken J, Steinberg T. ATP downregulates P2X7 and inhibits osteoclast formation in RAW cells. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2004;287:C403-12 pubmed..These results also suggest that P2X(7) may be regulated by ligand-mediated internalization and that extracellular ATP may regulate the formation of osteoclasts and other multinucleated giant cells. ..
- Jong Y, Schwetye K, O Malley K. Nuclear localization of functional metabotropic glutamate receptor mGlu1 in HEK293 cells and cortical neurons: role in nuclear calcium mobilization and development. J Neurochem. 2007;101:458-69 pubmed
- Slattery E, Warchol M. Cisplatin ototoxicity blocks sensory regeneration in the avian inner ear. J Neurosci. 2010;30:3473-81 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data show that cisplatin treatment causes maintained changes to inner ear supporting cells and severely impairs the ability of the avian ear to regenerate either via proliferation or by direct transdifferentiation...
- Nguyen Q, Son Y, Sanes J, Lichtman J. Nerve terminals form but fail to mature when postsynaptic differentiation is blocked: in vivo analysis using mammalian nerve-muscle chimeras. J Neurosci. 2000;20:6077-86 pubmed..Normal postsynaptic differentiation appears to be dispensable for initial stages of presynaptic differentiation but required for presynaptic maturation. ..
- Zhang L, E X, Luker K, Shao J, Levin M, Suh E, et al. Analysis of human cellular retinol-binding protein II promoter during enterocyte differentiation. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2002;282:G1079-87 pubmed..The results indicate that the retinoic acid responsiveness of the human CRBP II promoter is mediated by an indirect mechanism and that this mechanism is associated with enterocyte differentiation. ..
- Sugatani T, Hruska K. Akt1/Akt2 and mammalian target of rapamycin/Bim play critical roles in osteoclast differentiation and survival, respectively, whereas Akt is dispensable for cell survival in isolated osteoclast precursors. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:3583-9 pubmed
- Dasgupta B, Gutmann D. Neurofibromin regulates neural stem cell proliferation, survival, and astroglial differentiation in vitro and in vivo. J Neurosci. 2005;25:5584-94 pubmed
- Wang H, Hughes I, Planer W, Parsadanian A, Grider J, Vohra B, et al. The timing and location of glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor expression determine enteric nervous system structure and function. J Neurosci. 2010;30:1523-38 pubmed publisher..Thus, changes in GDNF expression can create a wide variety of alterations in ENS structure and function and may in part contribute to human motility disorders. ..
- Frail D, Musil L, Buonanno A, Merlie J. Expression of RAPsyn (43K protein) and nicotinic acetylcholine receptor genes is not coordinately regulated in mouse muscle. Neuron. 1989;2:1077-86 pubmed..We conclude that the expression of RAPsyn and the acetylcholine receptor is not coordinately regulated in mouse muscle. ..
- Lorenz R, Gordon J. Use of transgenic mice to study regulation of gene expression in the parietal cell lineage of gastric units. J Biol Chem. 1993;268:26559-70 pubmed..This ability to deliver gene products to parietal cells can now be exploited to identify factors that control their normal proliferation and differentiation programs and/or to specifically alter their biological properties. ..
- Inoue M, Ross F, Erdmann J, Abu Amer Y, Wei S, Teitelbaum S. Tumor necrosis factor alpha regulates alpha(v)beta5 integrin expression by osteoclast precursors in vitro and in vivo. Endocrinology. 2000;141:284-90 pubmed..Thus, matrix attachment of osteoclast precursors and mature osteoclasts are governed by distinct alpha(v) integrins which are differentially regulated by specific cytokines. ..
- Burr J, Kimzey S, Randolph D, Green J. CD28 and CTLA4 coordinately regulate airway inflammatory cell recruitment and T-helper cell differentiation after inhaled allergen. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2001;24:563-8 pubmed
- Collin Osdoby P, Rothe L, Bekker S, Anderson F, Huang Y, Osdoby P. Basic fibroblast growth factor stimulates osteoclast recruitment, development, and bone pit resorption in association with angiogenesis in vivo on the chick chorioallantoic membrane and activates isolated avian osteoclast resorption in vitro. J Bone Miner Res. 2002;17:1859-71 pubmed..Alternatively, inhibiting such bFGF-dependent processes may aid in the treatment of inflammatory-related or metastatic bone loss. ..
- Doherty J, Geske M, Stappenbeck T, Mills J. Diverse adult stem cells share specific higher-order patterns of gene expression. Stem Cells. 2008;26:2124-30 pubmed publisher..g., that of transit-amplifying cells) and, potentially, any biological state that is reflected in changes in global gene expression patterns. Disclosure of potential conflicts of interest is found at the end of this article. ..
- Gill J, Langer E, Lindsley R, Cai M, Murphy T, Murphy K. Snail promotes the cell-autonomous generation of Flk1(+) endothelial cells through the repression of the microRNA-200 family. Stem Cells Dev. 2012;21:167-76 pubmed publisher..We hypothesize that this mechanism of Snail-induced vasculogenesis may be conserved in both the early developing embryo and malignant cancers. ..
- Tu X, Chen J, Lim J, Karner C, Lee S, Heisig J, et al. Physiological notch signaling maintains bone homeostasis via RBPjk and Hey upstream of NFATc1. PLoS Genet. 2012;8:e1002577 pubmed publisher..Thus, Notch-RBPjk signaling functions in part through Hey1-mediated inhibition of NFATc1 to suppress osteoblastogenesis, contributing to bone homeostasis in vivo. ..
- Zou W, Izawa T, Zhu T, Chappel J, Otero K, Monkley S, et al. Talin1 and Rap1 are critical for osteoclast function. Mol Cell Biol. 2013;33:830-44 pubmed publisher..Thus, talin1 and Rap1 are critical for resorptive function, and their selective inhibition in mature osteoclasts retards pathological bone loss. ..
- Wu X, Satpathy A, Kc W, Liu P, Murphy T, Murphy K. Bcl11a controls Flt3 expression in early hematopoietic progenitors and is required for pDC development in vivo. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e64800 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the persistent cDC development observed in Bcl11a (-/-) fetal liver chimeras reflects derivation from a Bcl11a- and Flt3-independent pathway in vivo. ..
- Wu J, Santoro S. Complex patterns of expression suggest extensive roles for the alpha 2 beta 1 integrin in murine development. Dev Dyn. 1994;199:292-314 pubmed..The developmental expression pattern of the alpha 2 beta 1 integrin suggests roles for the integrin in placental development and matrix assembly and remodeling. ..
- James P, Jones S, Busby W, Clemmons D, Rotwein P. A highly conserved insulin-like growth factor-binding protein (IGFBP-5) is expressed during myoblast differentiation. J Biol Chem. 1993;268:22305-12 pubmed..Identification of an IGF-binding protein that is produced during myoblast differentiation provides a model system in which to study the potential modulatory role of IGFBPs in development. ..