Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on arabidopsis proteins in St Louis, Missouri, United States
Locale: St Louis, Missouri, United States
Topic: arabidopsis proteins
- Zolman B, MARTINEZ N, Millius A, Adham A, Bartel B. Identification and characterization of Arabidopsis indole-3-butyric acid response mutants defective in novel peroxisomal enzymes. Genetics. 2008;180:237-51 pubmed publisher..Both enzymes contain C-terminal peroxisomal-targeting signals, consistent with IBA metabolism occurring in peroxisomes. We present a model in which IBR3, IBR10, and IBR1 may act sequentially in peroxisomal IBA beta-oxidation to IAA. ..
- Chen H, Xiong L. The bifunctional abiotic stress signalling regulator and endogenous RNA silencing suppressor FIERY1 is required for lateral root formation. Plant Cell Environ. 2010;33:2180-90 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that RNA silencing modulated by FRY1 and XRN4 plays an important role in shaping root architecture. ..
- Dai S, Wei X, Pei L, Thompson R, Liu Y, Heard J, et al. BROTHER OF LUX ARRHYTHMO is a component of the Arabidopsis circadian clock. Plant Cell. 2011;23:961-72 pubmed publisher..Rhythmic expression of BOA was also affected in mutant lines of toc1-1, gi-3, and gi-4. Results from these studies indicate that BOA is a critical component of the regulatory circuit of the circadian clock. ..
- Markham J, Molino D, Gissot L, Bellec Y, Hematy K, Marion J, et al. Sphingolipids containing very-long-chain fatty acids define a secretory pathway for specific polar plasma membrane protein targeting in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2011;23:2362-78 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, sphingolipids with very long acyl chains define a trafficking pathway with specific endomembrane compartments and polar auxin transport protein cargoes. ..
- Wilson M, Jensen G, Haswell E. Two mechanosensitive channel homologs influence division ring placement in Arabidopsis chloroplasts. Plant Cell. 2011;23:2939-49 pubmed publisher..These results establish MS channels as components of the chloroplast division machinery and suggest that their role is evolutionarily conserved. ..
- Guo L, Mishra G, Markham J, Li M, Tawfall A, Welti R, et al. Connections between sphingosine kinase and phospholipase D in the abscisic acid signaling pathway in Arabidopsis. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:8286-96 pubmed publisher..PA is involved in the activation of SPHK, and activation of PLD?1 requires SPHK activity. The data suggest that SPHK/phyto-S1P and PLD?1A are co-dependent in amplification of response to ABA, mediating stomatal closure in Arabidopsis. ..
- PREUSS S, Meister R, Xu Q, Urwin C, Tripodi F, Screen S, et al. Expression of the Arabidopsis thaliana BBX32 gene in soybean increases grain yield. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e30717 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate a specific role for AtBBX32 in modulating soybean development, and demonstrate the validity of expressing single genes in crops to deliver increased agricultural productivity. ..
- Chen M, Han G, Dietrich C, Dunn T, Cahoon E. The essential nature of sphingolipids in plants as revealed by the functional identification and characterization of the Arabidopsis LCB1 subunit of serine palmitoyltransferase. Plant Cell. 2006;18:3576-93 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that plant SPT is a heteromeric enzyme and that sphingolipids are essential components of plant cells and contribute to growth and development...
- Li M, Welti R, Wang X. Quantitative profiling of Arabidopsis polar glycerolipids in response to phosphorus starvation. Roles of phospholipases D zeta1 and D zeta2 in phosphatidylcholine hydrolysis and digalactosyldiacylglycerol accumulation in phosphorus-starved plants. Plant Physiol. 2006;142:750-61 pubmed..The results suggest that hydrolysis of phosphatidylcholine by PLD zetas during phosphorus starvation contributes to the supply of inorganic phosphorus for cell metabolism and diacylglycerol moieties for galactolipid synthesis. ..
- Earley K, Lawrence R, Pontes O, Reuther R, Enciso A, Silva M, et al. Erasure of histone acetylation by Arabidopsis HDA6 mediates large-scale gene silencing in nucleolar dominance. Genes Dev. 2006;20:1283-93 pubmed..HDA6 localizes, in part, to the nucleolus, supporting a model whereby HDA6 erases histone acetylation as a key step in an epigenetic switch mechanism that silences rRNA genes through concerted histone and DNA modifications. ..
- Huang H, Alvarez S, Bindbeutel R, Shen Z, Naldrett M, Evans B, et al. Identification of Evening Complex Associated Proteins in Arabidopsis by Affinity Purification and Mass Spectrometry. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2016;15:201-17 pubmed publisher..thaliana. Coupling mass spectrometry and genetics is a powerful method to rapidly and directly identify novel components and connections within and between complex signaling pathways. ..
- McDonnell M, Burkhart S, Stoddard J, Wright Z, Strader L, Bartel B. The Early-Acting Peroxin PEX19 Is Redundantly Encoded, Farnesylated, and Essential for Viability in Arabidopsis thaliana. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0148335 pubmed publisher..Together, our data indicate that Arabidopsis PEX19 promotes peroxisome function and is essential for viability. ..
- Ahn S, Shin R, Schachtman D. Expression of KT/KUP genes in Arabidopsis and the role of root hairs in K+ uptake. Plant Physiol. 2004;134:1135-45 pubmed..Seven genes encoding AtKUP transporters were expressed in E. coli (AtKT3/KUP4, AtKT/KUP5, AtKT/KUP6, AtKT/KUP7, AtKT/KUP10, AtKT/KUP11, and AtHAK5), and their K(+) transport function was demonstrated...
- Tulin A, McClerklin S, Huang Y, Dixit R. Single-molecule analysis of the microtubule cross-linking protein MAP65-1 reveals a molecular mechanism for contact-angle-dependent microtubule bundling. Biophys J. 2012;102:802-9 pubmed publisher..Together, our data show that the rod domain of MAP65-1 acts both as a spacer and as a structural element that specifies the MT encounter angles that are conducive for bundling. ..
- Zhu H, Kranz R. A nitrogen-regulated glutamine amidotransferase (GAT1_2.1) represses shoot branching in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2012;160:1770-80 pubmed publisher..This suggests a plant-specific function such as branching control. We discuss the possibility that the GAT1_2.1 enzyme may activate SLs (e.g. GR24) by amidation, or more likely could embody a new pathway for repression of branching. ..
- Dowil R, Lu X, Saracco S, Vierstra R, Downes B. Arabidopsis membrane-anchored ubiquitin-fold (MUB) proteins localize a specific subset of ubiquitin-conjugating (E2) enzymes to the plasma membrane. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:14913-21 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that MUBs contribute subcellular specificity to ubiquitylation by docking the conjugation machinery to the plasma membrane. ..
- Guo L, Mishra G, Taylor K, Wang X. Phosphatidic acid binds and stimulates Arabidopsis sphingosine kinases. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:13336-45 pubmed publisher..The PA-SPHK interaction depends on the PA molecular species. The data suggest that these two Arabidopsis SPHKs are molecular targets of PA, and the PA stimulation of SPHK is part of the signaling networks in Arabidopsis. ..
- Yi H, Richards E. Gene duplication and hypermutation of the pathogen Resistance gene SNC1 in the Arabidopsis bal variant. Genetics. 2009;183:1227-34 pubmed publisher..We propose that the high degree of variation in SNC1-related sequences among Arabidopsis natural accessions follows the two-step mechanism observed in the bal variant: gene duplication followed by hypermutation. ..
- Earley K, Pontvianne F, Wierzbicki A, Blevins T, Tucker S, Costa Nunes P, et al. Mechanisms of HDA6-mediated rRNA gene silencing: suppression of intergenic Pol II transcription and differential effects on maintenance versus siRNA-directed cytosine methylation. Genes Dev. 2010;24:1119-32 pubmed publisher
- Ward J, Cufr C, Denzel M, Neff M. The Dof transcription factor OBP3 modulates phytochrome and cryptochrome signaling in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2005;17:475-85 pubmed..An alternate, though not mutually exclusive, model places OBP3 as a general inhibitor of tissue expansion with phyB and cry1, differentially modulating OBP3's role in this response. ..
- Ward J, Smith A, Shah P, Galanti S, Yi H, Demianski A, et al. A new role for the Arabidopsis AP2 transcription factor, LEAFY PETIOLE, in gibberellin-induced germination is revealed by the misexpression of a homologous gene, SOB2/DRN-LIKE. Plant Cell. 2006;18:29-39 pubmed..These results suggest LEP is a positive regulator of GA-induced germination acting independently of RGL2. An alternative model places LEP downstream of RGL2 in the GA-signaling cascade. ..
- Woo H, Pontes O, Pikaard C, Richards E. VIM1, a methylcytosine-binding protein required for centromeric heterochromatinization. Genes Dev. 2007;21:267-77 pubmed..VIM1 associates with methylated genomic loci in vivo and is enriched in chromocenters. Our findings suggest that VIM1 acts at the DNA methylation-histone interface to maintain centromeric heterochromatin. ..
- Shin R, Burch A, Huppert K, Tiwari S, Murphy A, Guilfoyle T, et al. The Arabidopsis transcription factor MYB77 modulates auxin signal transduction. Plant Cell. 2007;19:2440-53 pubmed..This newly defined transcription factor interaction is part of the plant cells' repertoire for modulating response to auxin, thereby controlling lateral root growth and development under changing environmental conditions. ..
- Hong Y, Pan X, Welti R, Wang X. Phospholipase Dalpha3 is involved in the hyperosmotic response in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2008;20:803-16 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that PLDalpha3 positively mediates plant responses to hyperosmotic stresses and that increased PLDalpha3 expression and associated lipid changes promote root growth, flowering, and stress avoidance. ..
- Woo H, Dittmer T, Richards E. Three SRA-domain methylcytosine-binding proteins cooperate to maintain global CpG methylation and epigenetic silencing in Arabidopsis. PLoS Genet. 2008;4:e1000156 pubmed publisher..Our findings demonstrate that VIM1, VIM2, and VIM3 have overlapping functions in maintenance of global CpG methylation and epigenetic transcriptional silencing. ..
- Chen C, Chen H, Yeh S, Vittore G, Ho T. Autophagy is enhanced and floral development is impaired in AtHVA22d RNA interference Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2009;149:1679-89 pubmed publisher..Potential mechanisms of this suppression and the roles of abscisic acid-induced HVA22 expression in vegetative and reproductive tissues are discussed. ..
- Chen H, Zhang B, Hicks L, Xiong L. A nucleotide metabolite controls stress-responsive gene expression and plant development. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e26661 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results demonstrate that PAP is critical for stress gene regulation and plant development, yet the FRY1 nucleotidase that catabolizes PAP may not be an in vivo salt toxicity target in Arabidopsis. ..
- Yang W, Devaiah S, Pan X, Isaac G, Welti R, Wang X. AtPLAI is an acyl hydrolase involved in basal jasmonic acid production and Arabidopsis resistance to Botrytis cinerea. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:18116-28 pubmed..The study shows that AtPLAI is an acyl hydrolase, rather than a specific phospholipase A. AtPLAI is involved in basal JA production and Arabidopsis resistance to the necrotrophic fungus B. cinerea. ..
- Wierzbicki A, Ream T, Haag J, Pikaard C. RNA polymerase V transcription guides ARGONAUTE4 to chromatin. Nat Genet. 2009;41:630-4 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our data suggest that AGO4 is guided to target loci through base-pairing of associated siRNAs with nascent Pol V transcripts. ..
- Braud C, Zheng W, Xiao W. LONO1 encoding a nucleoporin is required for embryogenesis and seed viability in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2012;160:823-36 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that LNO1 is a component of the nuclear pore complex required for mature mRNA export from the nucleus to the cytoplasm, which makes LNO1 essential for embryogenesis and seed viability in Arabidopsis. ..
- Zhang S, Xing H, Muslin A. Nuclear localization of protein kinase U-alpha is regulated by 14-3-3. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:24865-72 pubmed..These results suggest that the subcellular localization of PKUalpha is regulated, at least in part, by its association with 14-3-3. ..
- Ge X, Dietrich C, Matsuno M, Li G, Berg H, Xia Y. An Arabidopsis aspartic protease functions as an anti-cell-death component in reproduction and embryogenesis. EMBO Rep. 2005;6:282-8 pubmed
- Baxter I, Brazelton J, Yu D, Huang Y, Lahner B, Yakubova E, et al. A coastal cline in sodium accumulation in Arabidopsis thaliana is driven by natural variation of the sodium transporter AtHKT1;1. PLoS Genet. 2010;6:e1001193 pubmed publisher..The fixation of this weak AtHKT1;1 allele in these populations is genetic evidence supporting local adaptation to these potentially saline impacted environments. ..
- Kankel M, Ramsey D, Stokes T, Flowers S, Haag J, Jeddeloh J, et al. Arabidopsis MET1 cytosine methyltransferase mutants. Genetics. 2003;163:1109-22 pubmed..ddm1 met1 double mutants were constructed to further our understanding of the mechanism of DDM1 action and the interaction between two major genetic loci affecting global cytosine methylation levels in Arabidopsis. ..
- Brands A, Ho T. Function of a plant stress-induced gene, HVA22. Synthetic enhancement screen with its yeast homolog reveals its role in vesicular traffic. Plant Physiol. 2002;130:1121-31 pubmed..Based on these observations, we suggest that Yop1p/HVA22 regulates vesicular traffic in stressed cells either to facilitate membrane turnover, or to decrease unnecessary secretion. ..